Author Topic: Jaron Man’dak - Reporting in (12/2/2017)  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Jaron Man'dak

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jaron Man’dak - Reporting in (12/2/2017)
« on: December 02, 2017, 03:43:05 pm »
Character Details
Character Name : Jaron Man'dak
Character Age : 30
Character DOB : 2365
Character Image : https://i.imgur.com/pOpvhaX.png
Character Species : Romulan
Character Family Character Bio :

Jaron was born and raised on Romulus up until the destruction. He was a bright kid. Always doing his best in school. Socializing with friends, building various contraptions, and even finding a few love interests along the way. One of those love interests became very serious. Even to the point of engagement. Her name was Kemala t'Lhoell. She was Jaron's everything. She was serving aboard a star ship close to Romulus when the destruction happened. Unfortunately for Jaron, he hasn't herd from here since that dreadful day. She had been presumed Dead

It's been 8 years since then. He was lucky to have escaped the destruction himself. The only member of his family to survive. His father gave his life helping others escape Romulus. His mother had passed away during child birth when he was born. Much to his dismay, as Jaron always wanted siblings. After the destruction, Jaron was left for dead during an away mission from a Romulan star ship that fled in a panic. He was able to hop aboard a transport ship for the cost of his gear, to escape the planet. Leaving his life in the Romulan Star Empire behind.

Jaron traveled to Earth as a refugee where he decided to continue his education, at Montana State University in Bozeman MT. Finishing up his PHD in astrophysics, and masters in Mechanical Engineering.  He then decided to apply for star fleet academy. After being accepted he was excited to see what the galaxy provides and what adventures await him. He just wants to make a difference, and try to show that not all Romulans are inherently bad, evil beings. That is one of his lifelong ambitions.

One of his favorite personal hobbies tends to be in the form of being an inventor. Or at the very least trying to improve on existing methods of doing things. Both mechanically and operationally. He tends to spend most of his free time doing such things. Helping others out with personal problems. As well as running holo programs to help him brainstorm with historical scientists and whatnot.

His studies are important to him. He has a never-ending thirst for knowledge. Always studying and trying to lean new scientific theories. His Biggest ambition is to make a lasting impact to Star Fleet, and untimely the entire galaxy.

Jaron devotes everything he does to the memory of his love, Kemala.       

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience : Was a member of this site 4 or 5 years ago. Also 15+ years of Dungeons and Dragons.

Department Preference : Flight Control

Secondary Department Preference : Engineering

Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian : Commissioned or Enlisted. Either one works well for me.

Sample post How did you find Shadow Fleet? Was a previous member.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:15:16 pm by Jaron Man’dak »
Species: Romulan

‘Ihir ul hfihar rel ch'Rihan. Ihir ul Ortikant. Ihir dren v'talla'tor, plek Rihannsu r'talla'tor."

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jaron Man’dak - Reporting in (12/2/2017)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 04:50:55 pm »
Jaron,

A great character idea.

Can you remind me who you played before?

Just curious,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Jaron Man'dak

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 06:25:23 pm »
Jaron,

A great character idea.

Can you remind me who you played before?

Just curious,

Kirok

Thanks! I'm glad its a great idea. I'm a little rusty lol, but I'm getting there.

Zarr Non Kof
http://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/index.php/topic,2997.msg54405.html#msg54405
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 06:34:28 pm by Jaron Man’dak »

‘Ihir ul hfihar rel ch'Rihan. Ihir ul Ortikant. Ihir dren v'talla'tor, plek Rihannsu r'talla'tor."

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 10:08:17 pm »
Jaron,

We are glad to have you back.

I can put you on the Athena in their Flight Control Department.

Please let me know if that will work for you.

Kirok

Offline Jaron Man'dak

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 07:46:39 am »
That works for me! As I am OK with either enlisted or commissioned which will I be assigned to? Thanks a bunch!

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 08:49:54 am »
That works for me! As I am OK with either enlisted or commissioned which will I be assigned to? Thanks a bunch!

If you think you will want to be a Captain some day, we should go with Commissioned.

If not, Enlisted.

Did you take the OTC/ETC before?

Offline Jaron Man'dak

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 08:56:59 am »

If you think you will want to be a Captain some day, we should go with Commissioned.

If not, Enlisted.

Did you take the OTC/ETC before?

I'll go commissioned this time. Last time you didn't have a choice everyone started enlisted lol. And no I didn't before. Life got busy and I had to go on LOA. But I would have if I stayed.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 09:15:58 am »
I'll go commissioned this time. Last time you didn't have a choice everyone started enlisted lol. And no I didn't before. Life got busy and I had to go on LOA. But I would have if I stayed.

Perfect.

We will put you in the Commission track.

Welcome aboard,

Kirok

PS - The FC Instructor will post next and help you start you OTC.

Offline Ian Galloway

• Site Administrators
  • Amazing Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 11:37:53 am »
Welcome back to the fleet!

I'm the Flight Control Course instructor. Because you're new here, you are required to pass the Officer Training Course to demonstrate your Trek knowledge, RP skills, and understanding of posting requirements. It helps you get familiar with the Shadow Fleet style and be eligible for promotions, and plus it gives you something to do as you prepare to join your crew. The OTC is actually quite simple, you can write what you like within the prompts, and you get to work at your own pace, but the longer you take, the longer it will be before you become active within the SIMM.

Your Level One of the Academy starts here:

http://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/index.php/topic,8691.new.html#new

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles