Author Topic: S2-M1 Coming Together  (Read 24328 times)

Offline Fala Awen

• Condemner of Food, Things, and Supplies
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Think they'll have THAT on the tour?
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S2-M1 Coming Together
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2017, 03:02:00 am »
[Earth Spacedock, Caelene's Temporary Quarters]

Following breakfast, Caelene had gone back to her quarters. Technically she should've gone straight to the Shran, but she needed to get their plan in motion. She would catch up with what was left of her team shortly. Vance and the others knew what needed to be done; Caelene was confident they could get started without her.

The Trill sat at her desk, just staring at the terminal screen. This was where she'd received the message that had changed everything for her. When she closed her eyes, she saw his face. Taking a deep breath, Caelene knew she had to keep going. There was no time to grieve or properly process what had happened. She had to act.

Opening up a new message, she addressed it to the former Shran crew - including those from the breakfast meeting and T'Ra. They would need as many as they could get.

Hello,

I hope this message finds you well. As some of you know, Commander T'Ra has been reassigned to the USS Discovery. We would like to have a farewell and good luck lunch for her before she leaves.

You are hereby invited to lunch at Callahan's Pub on the Main Promenade at Earth Spacedock tomorrow at 1130 hours. Should you require transport, please let me know as soon as possible and I can arrange it for either later today or early tomorrow.

Hope to see you all here.

-Lieutenant Commander Caelene Tam
Shipyard Engineering Team Leader
San Francisco Fleet Yards

Satisfied that it conveyed the necessary information, yet didn't give anything away, she quickly sent the message. Hopefully all of them would get it and, if nothing else, key personnel would be able to attend. Caelene wasn't sure where all of them were currently, but they would need everyone they could get. They might even need to...borrow...some cadets - perhaps call it a training shakedown mission or something.

[USS Shran, Main Engineering]

Toolkit in hand, Caelene hurriedly made her way into Main Engineering on the Shran. She slowed as the doors swished open and a wave of calm overtook her. This was where she belonged. It was good to be back. The Trill looked around, glancing briefly at her former office before spotting her team. They were already down an engineer, though that was when Caelene noticed Gabriel (NPC) had joined them.

"Sorry I'm late," she said as she approached them. "What have you found? How much do we need to fix, how bad is it, and how long do you think it'll take?"

Hopefully nothing crucial was in need of repairs... They needed the ship to be ready for tomorrow. Some repairs could be fixed en route to Bokora II, but others could potentially prevent them from leaving which would be a major issue. As long as Ardyn didn't need them, they could potentially put in some overtime to get the ship ready, but hopefully it wouldn't come to that.

OFF: Tag Vance & rest of Shran crew

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Offline Non-Playing Character 1

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2017, 03:23:55 am »
[Starfleet Headquarters, Admiral Sevak's Office]

Sevak watched quietly as Kirok read through the information contained on the PADD. He nodded as the half Vulcan thanked him, "It is agreeable to hear that your father's health has improved." Although not everyone would think that asking about another's family was logical, Sevak felt that making a connection with others was important.

"I agree that I am the right person for the job.  But I must admit that I may have a personal bias which may post a conflict of interest.  As you know, I served with Hawke for nearly half a year.  But before that, I personally vetted him and know that he lacks any contact with any organization that might have been interested in removing the former President from office.  If the President can accept this possible bias that I can and will proceed with the investigation" Kirok said.

"The President was aware of your connection and potential bias to Captain Hawke when he left the orders, Admiral, I assure you. Beyond the hope that that connection will aid you in your investigation, I believe that he hoped it would also motivate you to find the data so that our questions about this disturbing matter could be answered," Sevak responded, his eyes on Kirok.

"But before that, I do have just three questions.  What brought attention to Hawke?  What is the evidence linking him to the crime other than the data you mention?  And when can I meet with the President?" the half Vulcan asked in his stead monoton manner.

Sevak raised an eyebrow as Kirok asked his questions. Most would have simply followed orders that came down from the President. Still, it was his job to get Kirok to proceed as ordered and if he had to answer additional questions to do so, he would. "I am afraid that Captain Hawke brought attention to himself. He contacted Admiralty here saying the President would be assassinated. When ships were sent to confirm his information, he instead separated the Shran; he and the saucer section came here, the stardrive section fired upon our ships and tried to flee."

A slight frown crossed Sevak's face as he continued, "The saucer section crash landed into San Francisco...from there, Captain Hawke and his crew broke into the ceremony where the President was giving a speech and he was killed. A weapon was found with Captain Hawke and a couple members of his crew. As far as seeing the President, I am afraid that will not be possible for at least a few days. I can leave him a message stating your desire to speak with him, however."

Hopefully his additional explanations would assuage Kirok's curiosity so they could both get on with their duties. The President had been adamant that they find the data; it was already a couple months after the assassination and they had nothing to show for it.

Offline Inzjana

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Embrace Eternity
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2017, 10:49:29 am »
After her recuperation at the Starfleet Academy medical centre, Inzjana got a call from her ever present and very busy friend, Professor Andre Offenbach from the Daystrom Institute, who wanted her to help in with his ongoing project and personal obsession of making the Quantum Slipstream Drive a viable replacement for the failed Transwarp Drive. It had been an obsession of his ever since the return of the USS Voyager and would suddenly become giddy as a school girl every time someone brought up the subject which usually came from the higher echelons of Starfleet Intelligence and Section 31. In fact Andre was so obsessed by the QSD that he even called it PROJECT DAUNTLESS, he even wanted the first QSD equipped ship to be called the USS DAUNTLESS, "for real" this time, he used to say...constantly.

DAYSTROM INSTITUTE FROM ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY - THE HIVE - SYDNEY AUSTRALIA

The Hive was a special projects arm of Daystrom underground in the middle of Sydney, not far from the Harbour Bridge. It wasn't a secret by any stretch of the imagination but it did require Admiral level security clearance to get in to except for the many scientists that worked there, by invitation only of course. It was nicknamed the Hive simply as a joke, because it was built similar to a beehive with honeycombed passages and the first scientists to work there, used to say they were as busy as bees. The reason why it was underground was simply because of the many deep Earth sensors that were set up on the lower level. Seismic scanners, gravimetric sensors, thermal variance detectors and the like made up the many scanning devices that were built there.

A Hyperloop tube train connected the Hive to the Daystrom Institute in San Francisco for cargo that were too sensitive to Transporters and for the scientists who were too sensitive to be Transported, or more to the point, hated it and wanted a more fun way to get around; the Hyperloop tube went underwater.

Currently Inzjana and Andre were working on the biggest problem when it came to viable Slipstream travel and that was having a navigational computer system fast enough to work out the minute course corrections needed due to the phase variances in the quantum field.

"EUREKA!" Andre yelled at the top of his lungs, making his normally stoic research partner jump despite herself. Gathering her composure, Inzjana stood and went to his side, "have you found something Professor?" She asked.

"Hmm!" He said looking up to her from his glasses, that sat awkwardly on his jolly, chubby face. "Yes my dear," he said, "I found my glasses."

Inzjana raised an eyebrow and affectionately looked at him for a moment, "professor, you have been wearing them the whole time."

Walking back to her console he giggled cheerfully and said, "yes quite right."

Of course he didn't have to wear glasses, after all it was the 24th Century, but he hated the idea of being poked and prodded be those he called "Witch Doctors."

"Inzjana" he said in all seriousness but with a childlike undertone, "do you like working with me?" Inzjana knew him very well and despite his obvious brilliance, he quite often had moments of self-doubt.

"Of course I do professor, very much so," Inzjana said gently.

As Inzjana turned back to her algorithms Andre started playing HALO 117 on his computer, a game that was released last year and was meant to be played in a holosuite but Andre was a bit old fashioned and always played games on his computer. "It helps me focus", he would say, usually to himself because everyone new what he was like and never asked anyway.

Inzjana was preparing the last batch of data and inputting it in to the simulation of the USS Dauntless Andre had created and went to to the holosuite to run the patch but before she did she looked back at her friend and mentor who was currently trying to fry a Ghost, she thinks it was called, around what must of been a particularly difficult map of the game given the tongue slightly sticking out of his mouth and the deep concentration on his face. He deserved it she thought, after all they had been working on the USS Dauntless design and Quantum Slipstream Drive for what seemed like ages but was actually just a month and a half. Inzjana turned and left for the adjoining holosuite proud to have Andre Offenbach as a friend, despite, or even because of his eccentricities.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

Offline William Waring

• RESERVED
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • RESERVED
  • Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2017, 11:58:37 am »
[Restaurant]
Ardyn nodded to her fellow pilot. "I don't have anything for you, though if you can plan out a route to get us there and out, that'd be great."

[Back room: Holodeck]
"Computer, lock the door to everyone without verification from me, then create a holographic humanoid template. I will specify further programming as it becomes available." Ardyn announced to the computer as she strode into the holodeck.  The computer chirped in response, as it created a ghostly Humanoid pattern in the air. If she had time, she would have done a lot more specific programming to make this Hologram as lifelike as possible, but that could wait. "Computer, make the Hologram appear like Captain James A. Hawke."  "I am not allowed to perform that function."

Ardyn grumbled. "Computer, override that and do what I said." A few moments passed, then it chimed again. "I am not allowed to do that function. According to section 23-" Ardy cut off the computer. She wasn't going to get anywhere from that. "Computer, install Biomarker Application 16." As the computer chirped in response, Ardyn tapped her Commbadge, choosing her words carefully. =/\= "Hey guys? I need some... computer assistance." =/\=

[Holodeck]
It hadn't taken Will long to respond to the call from Ardy as he was able to pick up a toolkit from a wall panel on his way to the Holodeck. He didn't know what problems she could be encountering as those systems were top the line. Perhaps a corrupted file in one of her programs? Regardless, he was here and nearly walked into the door before realizing it was locked.

=A= Waring to Jaeger, I'm here about your call. Maybe you can let me in. It will make my job way easier to actually see the problem. =A=
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 03:05:54 am by Kinley Garrison »
RESERVED

Offline Michael Ferdinand

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2017, 02:14:24 pm »
[Earth-Home]
Alyssa had heard the tone of a computer signifying she had received a message, but she wasn't able to read it at that moment; she was busy trying to keep Stephan in check.

For some reason the kid thought it would be just hillarious to make prank calls on a subspace frequency meant for general distress signals. When Alyssa found out...it wasn't pretty. She had nearly torn the kid's backside off for pulling a stunt like that.

"...AND IF YOU EVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT AGAIN, I WILL PUT YOU. IN. THE. GROUND." she screamed at the top of her lungs.

The moment she loosened her grip on her son he ran away, crying. She felt a tinge of guilt about what she did, but she knew she couldn't be soft about discipline. If he thought she was going to let him get away with it, he would walk all over her and only wind up in trouble later down the road. She shook her head, sighed, and brought herself to the computer to see that she did indeed have a message notification.

Hello,

I hope this message finds you well. As some of you know, Commander T'Ra has been reassigned to the USS Discovery. We would like to have a farewell and good luck lunch for her before she leaves.

You are hereby invited to lunch at Callahan's Pub on the Main Promenade at Earth Spacedock tomorrow at 1130 hours. Should you require transport, please let me know as soon as possible and I can arrange it for either later today or early tomorrow.

Hope to see you all here.

-Lieutenant Commander Caelene Tam
Shipyard Engineering Team Leader
San Francisco Fleet Yards

Alyssa smiled. It was good to hear from a former coworker, and lunch was a great excuse to get out of teaching. For a brief moment, she wondered who else received the message, but she shrugged her shoulders and wrote her reply.

K.

Alyssa Meadows
Assistant Professor
Starfleet Academy

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Offline Ardyn Jaeger

• Approved Applicants
  • Live fast, die young.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2017, 04:47:41 pm »
[Holodeck]
It hadn't taken Will long to respond to the call from Ardy as he was able to pick up a toolkit from a wall panel on his way to the Holodeck. He didn't know what problems she could be encountering as those systems were top the line. Perhaps a corrupted file in one of her programs? Regardless, he was here and nearly walked into the door before realizing it was locked.

=A= Waring to Jaeger, I'm here about your call. Maybe you can let me in. It will make my job way easier to actually see the problem. =A=

Holodecks]
Ardy turned around from her work as the program kept downloading, hearing her Commbadge vibrate and Will's voice piping through. "Gotcha Waring. Gimme a sec." Unlocking the door, Ardy peered out into the hall to see the young man in Ops yellow standing nearby. "Great to see you man. Come on in." walking back in, she locked the door behind her. "So, my problem is, technically speaking, that it's illegal to make a hologram of someone without their permission. I know a Ferengi down on Starbase 46 who'd do it for us, but that'd be for a huge sum of Latinum, and we don't have any time to go down there. So, what I'm asking is you could hack the computer enough for me to make it look like James and get the hologram outta here."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 03:06:19 am by Ardyn Jaeger »

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Offline William Waring

• RESERVED
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • RESERVED
  • Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2017, 05:04:56 pm »
Holodecks]
Ardy turned around from her work as the program kept downloading, hearing her Commbadge vibrate and Will's voice piping through. "Gotcha Waring. Gimme a sec." Unlocking the door, Ardy peered out into the hall to see the young man in Ops yellow standing nearby. "Great to see you man. Come on in." walking back in, she locked the door behind her. "So, my problem is, technically speaking, that it's illegal to make a hologram of someone without their permission. I know a Ferengi down on Starbase 46 who'd do it for us, but that'd be for a huge sum of Latinum, and we don't have any time to go down there. So, what I'm asking is you could hack the computer enough for me to make it look like James and get the hologram outta here."

[Holodeck]

Will entered the Holodeck and waited for Ardy to finish speaking before voicing his objections "That's major trouble you could be in, Jaeger." He stayed silent for a few moments "But on this occasion..." he said as he removed the panel on the arch and opened his case "...I suppose an old Holodeck subroutine could have surfaced that overrode the lockouts".

Pulling out an entire rack of Isolinear Chips, he set to work with a tricorder and probe. "So, all I've got to do is cue up a holoform of James under a medical query. The computer won't deny the request because it was meant as a way for surgeons to get a look at a patient when they may be unable to give consent to use their form. However it was made obsolete and therefor never had the lockout installed." He slid a reprogrammed chip into the rack and called up James form with success.

"Now it's the mode of transport. Physical drive or transmission?"
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 03:06:52 am by Kinley Garrison »
RESERVED

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2017, 08:32:43 pm »

Sevak watched quietly as Kirok read through the information contained on the PADD. He nodded as the half Vulcan thanked him, "It is agreeable to hear that your father's health has improved." Although not everyone would think that asking about another's family was logical, Sevak felt that making a connection with others was important.

"The President was aware of your connection and potential bias to Captain Hawke when he left the orders, Admiral, I assure you. Beyond the hope that that connection will aid you in your investigation, I believe that he hoped it would also motivate you to find the data so that our questions about this disturbing matter could be answered," Sevak responded, his eyes on Kirok.

Sevak raised an eyebrow as Kirok asked his questions. Most would have simply followed orders that came down from the President. Still, it was his job to get Kirok to proceed as ordered and if he had to answer additional questions to do so, he would. "I am afraid that Captain Hawke brought attention to himself. He contacted Admiralty here saying the President would be assassinated. When ships were sent to confirm his information, he instead separated the Shran; he and the saucer section came here, the stardrive section fired upon our ships and tried to flee."

A slight frown crossed Sevak's face as he continued, "The saucer section crash landed into San Francisco...from there, Captain Hawke and his crew broke into the ceremony where the President was giving a speech and he was killed. A weapon was found with Captain Hawke and a couple members of his crew. As far as seeing the President, I am afraid that will not be possible for at least a few days. I can leave him a message stating your desire to speak with him, however."

Hopefully his additional explanations would assuage Kirok's curiosity so they could both get on with their duties. The President had been adamant that they find the data; it was already a couple months after the assassination and they had nothing to show for it.

Kirok's  left eyebrow arched slight after Sevak described the chain of events.  "I see" he replied and then went silent for a moment.  It was a technique he had acquired long ago. 

Most people hated silence.  They often volunteered more information when presented with it.  So, he served up a pregnant pause and then waited.

As he waited he looked down at the padd.  He scrolled threw more of the data finally landing on an answer to a question he had not yet asked.  The new President was off planet.  An odd thing given the recent assignation of his predecessor.   His left eyebrow arched even further.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2017, 02:32:54 am »
[Starlight Diner]

NPC - Commander Donna Booth

Donna instantly relaxed once T'Ra answered and thanked Evan as he pulled out a chair for her and sat down opposite the couple. When T'Ra then asked about James and why he had told Donna to come find her, she knew that she could tell his XO what he said back in his apartment even though it was cryptic but then again you couldn't be too careful with who might be listening to their conversation especially with the situation that James unfortunately now found himself in.

"James seems to be his usual normal self although I suspect this whole situation is affecting him more than he's letting on" she replied honestly. "As for why he told me to come find you it's because he knew you'd be able to trust me and to also tell you that his plan is not to have a plan plus I'm here to help in anyway that I can".
[Starlight Diner]

Evan chortled, and T'Ra raised a brow, amused. That was indeed something the captain would say. Even when he did have a plan, they were often harebrained or half-formed. But there was actually a time when the plan was to have no plan. "The enemy can't predict what we're doing if we ourselves don't know,' " she mused quietly.

Although T'Ra had never met this woman before, based on that one phrase alone, she knew she could be trusted. Only someone who had spoken with the captain would know those words, and if she said Hawke sent her, T'Ra had to trust this. "Ok," she added. "What does he need?"
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 01:47:05 am by Kinley Garrison »

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Offline Katheryn Brighton

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2017, 04:40:04 am »
[Starlight Diner]

Evan chortled, and T'Ra raised a brow, amused. That was indeed something the captain would say. Even when he did have a plan, they were often harebrained or half-formed. But there was actually a time when the plan was to have no plan. " The enemy can't predict what we're doing if we ourselves don't know,' " she mused quietly.

Although T'Ra had never met this woman before, based on that one phrase alone, she knew she could be trusted. Only someone who had spoken with the captain would know those words, and if she said Hawke sent her, T'Ra had to trust this. "Ok,"she added. "What does he need?"

[Starlight Diner]

The couple's reaction further proved to Donna that she could trust them just as much as they could trust her and remembered the many times James always had an idea or plan that always seemed to work out even if she did have an initial scepticism about them which didn't last very long. However this time she didn't and smiled at T'Ra's comment.

" Agreed " she replied before T'Ra asked what James needed. Lowering her voice despite the usual loud conversations and music being played around them. " He needs the ship and his crew".
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 02:00:14 am by Kinley Garrison »

Academy Commandant

Offline Non-Playing Character 1

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2017, 01:36:50 am »

Kirok's  left eyebrow arched slight after Sevak described the chain of events.  "I see" he replied and then went silent for a moment.  It was a technique he had acquired long ago. 

Most people hated silence.  They often volunteered more information when presented with it.  So, he served up a pregnant pause and then waited.

As he waited he looked down at the padd.  He scrolled threw more of the data finally landing on an answer to a question he had not yet asked.  The new President was off planet.  An odd thing given the recent assignation of his predecessor.   His left eyebrow arched even further.
[Starfleet Headquarters - Admiral Sevak's Office]

Admiral Sevak would have rolled his eyes, but he was a devout follower of Surak, well practiced at keeping his emotions in check. And he was not amused. Perhaps such a tactic would have worked on a Vulcan hybrid, but Sevak was not frightened by silence. In fact, he welcomed it; it allowed him to think.

"Since you can see the matter at hand, I believe we have nothing further to discuss, Admiral," Sevak replied. "You have your orders. I expect you will be able to carry them out efficiently."

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2017, 02:09:14 am »
[Starlight Diner]

The couple's reaction further proved to Donna that she could trust them just as much as they could trust her and remembered the many times James always had an idea or plan that always seemed to work out even if she did have an initial scepticism about them which didn't last very long. However this time she didn't and smiled at T'Ra's comment.

" Agreed " she replied before T'Ra asked what James needed. Lowering her voice despite the usual loud conversations and music being played around them. " He needs the ship and his crew".
[Starlight Diner]

Evan had to strain to hear, but with her superior Vulcan hearing, T'Ra didn't have the slightest problem. She nodded. After all, they were one crew, one ship. They had been right there with him when this whole thing had started. It was only natural and fair that they were with him to finish it. "If that is what he needs, I will certainly do what I can to rally the troops."
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 02:00:59 am by Kinley Garrison »

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Offline Katheryn Brighton

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2017, 07:49:41 am »
[Starlight Diner]

Evan had to strain to hear, but with her superior Vulcan hearing, T'Ra didn't have the slightest problem. She nodded. After all, they were one crew, one ship. They had been right there with him when this whole thing had started. It was only natural and fair that they were with him to finish it. "If that is what he needs, I will certainly do what I can to rally the troops."

[Starlight Diner]

When T'Ra spoke, Donna could understand why James had wanted her to find his former XO and for a moment she was reminded again of her of her time in active service from being an XO right up to commanding a ship and how that sense of family and sticking together no matter what had never really left her.

" Thank you, I'll let him know and even though its not the ideal circumstances it's good to meet you and like I said to James, I'm at your disposal should you need any assistance ".
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 02:01:48 am by Kinley Garrison »

Academy Commandant

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2017, 09:01:51 pm »

Admiral Sevak would have rolled his eyes, but he was a devout follower of Surak, well practiced at keeping his emotions in check. And he was not amused. Perhaps such a tactic would have worked on a Vulcan hybrid, but Sevak was not frightened by silence. In fact, he welcomed it; it allowed him to think.

"Since you can see the matter at hand, I believe we have nothing further to discuss, Admiral," Sevak replied. "You have your orders. I expect you will be able to carry them out efficiently."

Kirok had gathered all the information he needed.  And unknowingly Sevak had helped him gain that information.  So, yes, they had nothing further to discuss.

"I agree.  Perhaps our next meeting can be at my office at Star Fleet Intelligence.  Long life and Peace" he said after holding up his right hand and parting his fingerer.  Then he turned and left the office.

Once in the vestibule, Kiok tapped his com badge.  -/\- Kirok to Lirpa.  Get me to the Bridge of the Shran -/\- he said.

[Bridge USS Sharn]

Moments later Kirok appeared in a swirl of blue light.  As the light clear, he looked around.  Hard to believe that this ship was a year old and had already seen such hardship.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 07:08:55 pm by Kirok »

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

guest1477

« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2017, 06:31:40 am »
[USS Shran, Main Engineering]

Toolkit in hand, Caelene hurriedly made her way into Main Engineering on the Shran. She slowed as the doors swished open and a wave of calm overtook her. This was where she belonged. It was good to be back. The Trill looked around, glancing briefly at her former office before spotting her team. They were already down an engineer, though that was when Caelene noticed Gabriel (NPC) had joined them.

"Sorry I'm late," she said as she approached them. "What have you found? How much do we need to fix, how bad is it, and how long do you think it'll take?"

Hopefully nothing crucial was in need of repairs... They needed the ship to be ready for tomorrow. Some repairs could be fixed en route to Bokora II, but others could potentially prevent them from leaving which would be a major issue. As long as Ardyn didn't need them, they could potentially put in some overtime to get the ship ready, but hopefully it wouldn't come to that.

OFF: Tag Vance & rest of Shran crew

Main Engineering

Vance stood up at the sound of Caelene arriving. He nodded, walking over to her and turning towards engineering. "So far, it looks as though the warp core is hit pretty bad. Whatever happened to your ship, damaged it heavily." He paused for a moment and looked around the room. "The plasma injectors are fine. Main power is fine, a lot of major systems are offline though. It's gonna take a while, we've barely touched the surface from what we've looked at so far." He walked back into the room and turned around. "Shall we get the warp core back up?" He asked her, motioning her to come over to him so they could begin working on the core.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles