S2-M1 Coming Together

Started by James A. Hawke, December 02, 2017, 01:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 1 on December 09, 2017, 09:19:54 AM

[USS Shran, Ready Room]

After his brief status update with Admiral Sevak (NPC), Bill (NPC) waited to hear back from Kirok. He seriously doubted that the Vulcan had expected to hear from him rather than the Trill engineer, so perhaps he was considering what to do. Actually, Bill rather enjoyed catching people off guard and this assignment in general. It was nearly over though... They'd pretty much eliminated the possibility of the data being hidden on the Shran, so he would probably be sent to look elsewhere.

Hearing Kirok respond, Bill nearly chuckled to himself. Somehow he doubted the Vulcan was actually happy with the idea, but orders were orders. He tapped his comm badge to reply, =A=I will inform the Admiral for you, sir. Admiral Sevak is at Starfleet Headquarters in his office. I'm sending the coordinates over to you now. Shelby out.=A=

[Starfleet Headquarters, Admiral Sevak's Office]

Admiral Sevak stared out the window for a moment, hands clasped behind him. What a disturbing time... Between the assassination of the Federation President and the accusations surrounding Captain Hawke and his crew, there was a lot to take in. Hawke killing the President did not make sense, but evidence did exist, to an extent.

He turned back towards his desk and sat down. Assuming there weren't any issues, Kirok would be arriving soon. It wouldn't take long for his ship to get from the Fleet Yard drydocks to within transporter range of San Francisco. Sevak tapped in a few commands to his terminal, asking his secretary to hold any communications or visitors until after Kirok left.

[USS Lirpa]

Kirok received the coordinates from Bill.  There was no need to reply to the man.  He doubted that he would get any additional information from him at this time.

But he would remember the name and have the man checked out.  Kirok was still the head of Intelligence.  It was why he was called here in the first place.  So the information would be easy for him to find.

Minutes later, Admiral Kirok beamed to the coordinates given.  A receptionist met him.  Then he was ushered into Sevak's office.

Kirok bowed to the man as was his custom.  But he remained standing.  They were equal rank and the half Vulcan did not intend to spend much time here.

"Admiral Sevak, it is agreeable to see you again.  I hope your family is in peace and enjoying a long life.  I was informed that you wish to have a meeting with me.  Is their more information about the investigation?" Kirok said.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: Caelene Tam on December 09, 2017, 09:06:20 AM

[Earth Spacedock, Promenade, Restaurant]

Uncertain how the others would react, Caelene concentrated on sipping her tea. It was a rather nice blend. She wasn't really sure exactly how she - or they, if the others agreed to come along - would get the Shran and the rest of the crew. With the ship repairs, Caelene had been kept pretty busy and she hadn't really been able to keep tabs on where everyone ended up. Hopefully it wouldn't be too difficult to find out. As Kachina began to speak, the Trill looked up and listened to what she had to say.

Listening to both ideas, Caelene paused to consider them. Technically speaking, either one could work, though both were risky. She tried to think through their options and potential consequences of the ideas. Slowly, thinking as she spoke, Caelene replied, "Either one could work, in theory. Having the power cut off should temporarily disable the monitor. There's probably something built in to prevent a beam-out, so we'd need to hack the system. Is there any way we could trick the monitoring system into thinking the captain is still there? If we don't, our time is likely to be even more limited - we'd have to get him back here, transport over to the Shran, and leave very quickly."

Caelene's mind raced as she tried to consider what all they would need. Where could they best use Vance? She had to admit she was glad that he was willing to come with them - clearing James wasn't his responsibility, though if there was a conspiracy... "Initially, we need to find the Shran crew and get them here. I suppose I could send a message to each of them or you could, since mine might be monitored... Some people may need retrieved, though the others aren't on house arrest, which simplifies things. I think where you might fit in best, Vance, is potentially helping with getting Captain Hawke and perhaps readying the Shran. She still has some issues we'll have to work through en route, but we need to make sure the engines, shields, and weapons are ready. If you're up for that."

While she very much appreciated everyone's willingness to help, she wanted them to have the option to bow out if they chose. What they were doing was dangerous and they had to be certain of their choice. Caelene's mind drifted towards the message she could send... Since messages could be monitored, perhaps she should send something that looked more innocent. An invitation? Or perhaps Vance could send it and simply mention a 'mutual spotted friend' to indicate he knew Caelene.

Finishing her cup of tea, the Trill looked back towards the others, waiting to hear their thoughts. In this case, it was better to get a few opinions then choose the best one. They didn't have much time though, so they'd need to decide on a course of action and implement it soon.

OFF: Tag breakfast people

Earth - Spacedock

Katcha finished her tea and poured herself another cup as she finished her breakfast. While she was doing this, she gave more thought to her situation.

"If ve vont to get ze Keptin out ze ve vould need to be clever about it. Ve eill need somevone to trick ze monitor into zinking zat ze Keptin is still at his home. Ve vould zen need to make sure zat, if zere are any, ze transporter shields are also disabled. zen ve beam him out." She paused. "Vile vone group ae doing zis, I zink zat anozzer group needs to get ze Shran back. Ve vould be in a stronger position, not only to search for any evidence needed, but to get vereever ve need to go if ve have a Starship." She paused again, not believing what she was doing. "I can get access to a mark II Delta flyer. Ze Academy has vone for testing purposes. If somevone on ze ground can disable ze monitors zen I could beam ze Keptin out. Ve could ze rendezvous vis she Shran and leave ze system." She finished.

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: Caelene Tam on December 08, 2017, 03:32:33 AM

At first, the sounds around Caelene seemed to be drowned out and far away. Her mind was racing with all that she'd learned in a relatively short space of time. What did all this information mean? Was Lee (NPC) really dead? What could she or the others or...well, anyone, do about any of it?

Finally, hearing Kachina's voice brought her back to the present. Her hand trembled as she continued running her fingers over the PADD, but Caelene looked up at the Flight Control Officer. It took her a moment to digest what had been said, but then the Trill nodded, "Thank you, yes...I think that might be a good idea."

Still not entirely snapped out of her thoughts, Caelene looked between the few concerned faces near her - Ardy was there as was Vance and a few others. Swallowing hard, she glanced over at Vance. Quietly, she replied, "Lee...It was Lee."

A few minutes later, a hot cup of chai tea was placed before her - someone must have ordered it for her when she wasn't paying attention. Caelene nodded to the server in thanks, then wrapped her hands around the cup, warming them. Leaning over, she took in the aroma of the chai and breathed deeply. Bringing the cup to her lips, she took a sip, feeling the warm slide through her.

Caelene knew she had to pull herself together. At the moment, she was the ranking member of the Shran here and she needed to take charge of the situation. Lee's fate was out of her hands for the time being. Either he was already dead, in which case she could mourn him later, or he was alive but likely captured by those who were involved with the assassination. If that was the case, her best chance of finding him was finding out what was really going on.

Feeling a clarity of purpose, the Trill slid the PADD into the center of the table. "This contains the message that Lee sent to me. Lee, Lieutenant Agathon, was on my shipyard Engineering team, but apparently he was also investigating the conspiracy surrounding our crew and the assassination. The information he sent me details the new Federation President's current whereabouts on a planet near the Romulan border and some initial information that he's working with the Tal'Shiar. Apparently the data that Captain Hawke hid is part of the puzzle and the rest we'd need to get from the new president."

"Considering what seems to have happened to Lee, I'd say that the conspiracy is ongoing and they're trying to keep us quiet. I think the only hope we have of clearing Captain Hawke and ourselves is to get the data the captain hid and go find the new Federation President. We'll need a ship and crew to do that. I think most of our crew is still around, so we might be able to gather them...and the Shran's repairs are nearly complete. The captain is under house arrest, from what I understand, though," Caelene explained. She wasn't entirely sure how to get James out, but perhaps one of the engineers or operations crew could figure out a way to trick the monitoring system into thinking he was still there... Or at the very least, they'd have to get him to give up the location of the data.

Staring down at her cup of tea for a moment, she then looked back up at those around her. "Look through the information if you like. I plan to go forward with this, but I can't ask the rest of you to risk yourselves or your careers. You have to make up your own minds... If you don't feel comfortable going, I hope you'll at least not say anything while the rest of us try. If you are willing to help, I'm open to suggestions," Caelene finished, leaning back in her chair with a worried, yet determined look on her face.

If Lee was dead, she was going to make sure it was not in vain. And she wasn't going to let James just sit and rot or continue to be accused of things that weren't true. It might not be easy to get the crew together or to steal the Shran, but if anyone could do it, it was the crew who had survived a planet full of raptors, the Borg, and a ship full of incompetent cadets.

OFF: Tag breakfast meeting peoples (Kachina, Vance, Ardy...anyone else who was there..).

[Restaurant- the next day]
Ardy took her seat at the table. She wasn't very hungry right now, but she ordered herself a protein shake from the waitress when asked. Looking around, it only took a quick glance at Caelene's emotions to realize just how serious a thing this whole business was. Caelene was close to him, and if he was injured or killed for the information... Ardyn didn't want to think about it.

Listening to Katcha and the other Engineer give their battle plans, Ardyn fidgeted with her new earrings as she explored the options for this operation.

Though she was not a stranger to being on the other side of the law, Ardy wasn't a fan of it, for certain. Jail time, no matter how brief, was not one of her highest moments.
But if it was to clear James's name, and get her out of that bucket of rusted bolts and back onto her ship, she was all for the plans being proposed.  "You can count me in. I still have access to my Flyer on the Shran as well."

She paused a moment. "As for the problem with getting James out, I'm pretty sure there's a way we can jury-rig a hologram that resembles James with an organic simulator function so we can fool the sensors in there. I know Steve has a false organic marker in his programming so that he reads on life scans in an emergency. Not the most legal option out there, but it's an option.

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

guest1477

Listening to both ideas, Caelene paused to consider them. Technically speaking, either one could work, though both were risky. She tried to think through their options and potential consequences of the ideas. Slowly, thinking as she spoke, Caelene replied, "Either one could work, in theory. Having the power cut off should temporarily disable the monitor. There's probably something built in to prevent a beam-out, so we'd need to hack the system. Is there any way we could trick the monitoring system into thinking the captain is still there? If we don't, our time is likely to be even more limited - we'd have to get him back here, transport over to the Shran, and leave very quickly."

Earth Spacedock, Promenade, Restaurant

Axe shrugged. "If you beamed him out I could rewire it to do the opposite command. If he's in there, it'll go off, if he isn't, it won't." He paused for a moment and ran his hand through his hair. "It would have to be precise. Maybe I could go and have a look around the place so we know what we're up against. It's safe to assume that the building will be heavily guarded so we need to find a way in."

Caelene's mind raced as she tried to consider what all they would need. Where could they best use Vance? She had to admit she was glad that he was willing to come with them - clearing James wasn't his responsibility, though if there was a conspiracy... "Initially, we need to find the Shran crew and get them here. I suppose I could send a message to each of them or you could, since mine might be monitored... Some people may need retrieved, though the others aren't on house arrest, which simplifies things. I think where you might fit in best, Vance, is potentially helping with getting Captain Hawke and perhaps readying the Shran. She still has some issues we'll have to work through en route, but we need to make sure the engines, shields, and weapons are ready. If you're up for that."

Vance shrugged and nodded. He was happy to continue working on the ship. It was impressive enough to keep him interested and with the other few members of the engineering group they'd get it done. Getting Hawke out would most likely require external assistance unless he wanted to go in and get himself locked away shortly after. He'd been in worse situations so getting the captain out would probably be fairly simple for him.

"Yeah. I can help with that." Vance finished.

Katheryn Brighton

[Next Morning - Starlight Diner near the Academy]

NPC - Commander Donna Booth

After leaving James's apartment the day before, Donna had returned to the Apartment she shared with her husband and children when they needed to be in the city and told him everything that had happened as they prepared dinner. As usual she had his full support and it was decided that they would both help James in his plans to get the Shran back and arranged for the children to be looked after by her mother who wouldn't ask any awkward questions especially as she loved spending time with James, Jack and Emily.

So after a peaceful evening enjoying some family time, Donna had said goodbye to her kids when her mother arrived to pick them up and would meet with Damon later once she had tracked down James's XO T'Ra Jones.

Walking into her favourite Diner, she walked up to the counter and placed a breakfast order then turned round to look for a suitable booth when she thought she spotted Commander Jones at a nearby table with a man she knew to be her husband thanks to the information she had gotten and decided to go over and sit at the table next to hers.

Academy Commandant

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on December 10, 2017, 04:53:59 PM

[Next Morning - Starlight Diner near the Academy]

After leaving James's apartment the day before, Donna had returned to the Apartment she shared with her husband and children when they needed to be in the city and told him everything that had happened as they prepared dinner. As usual she had his full support and it was decided that they would both help James in his plans to get the Shran back and arranged for the children to be looked after by her mother who wouldn't ask any awkward questions especially as she loved spending time with James, Jack and Emily.

So after a peaceful evening enjoying some family time, Donna had said goodbye to her kids when her mother arrived to pick them up and would meet with Damon later once she had tracked down James's XO T'Ra Jones.

Walking into her favourite Diner, she walked up to the counter and placed a breakfast order then turned round to look for a suitable booth when she thought she spotted Commander Jones at a nearby table with a man she knew to be her husband thanks to the information she had gotten and decided to go over and sit at the table next to hers.

[Starlight Diner]

It had been awhile since they had visited this diner, not since their Academy days to be precise. But waking up that morning, T'Ra found herself struck by an intense desire to return, a craving not only for the food the diner served, but also a longing for the atmosphere and memories that it contained.

Evan smiled softly as she sipped at her coffee, a knowing look in his eyes. "Remember the last time we were here, Schatz?" She nodded, reaching for a croissant. Evan continued. "We had been up who knows how long working on a project, that by the time we finished and needed to grab a bite to eat, it was so late that this was one of the only places still open."

T'Ra couldn't help but smile. Of course she remembered. Evan was so tired he could barely form sentences, let alone ones that made sense. "You said my pointy ears made me look like an elf."

"You know what a compliment that was?" he chuckled. "Elves are smart, wise, beautiful..."

T'Ra would have scoffed, maybe whack him with her napkin, but she was distracted as a woman approached. "Yes?" T'Ra offered. "Can I help you?"

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Fala Awen

Caelene listened as Kachina elaborated on her thoughts, considering what was being said. Brow furrowed in thought, she looked back up as she heard Ardyn's voice. The Trill had been so distracted, she hadn't even realized the former Chief Flight Control Officer was there. She did bring up some interesting ideas...

Looking up, she noticed the teapot and carefully poured herself another cup. Her eyes glanced around at the others. As the Shran's former Second Officer, she was the ranking crewmember here and as such, she needed to make a decision. With Lee's(NPC) death or disappearance, time was running out and they needed to get moving.

"Alright, we need to get our plan in motion, so here's what we're going to do. Ardy and Kachina will get the captain tomorrow morning. Ardy, I want you to work on the hologram with the organic simulator. If you need some help, Vance or I can help out later. I'm going to contact the others about meeting up here for a going away lunch for T'Ra tomorrow. If any of them need a lift before we get the captain, Kachina can go get them beforehand or on the way back with the captain. Vance and I will see about getting the Shran ready to go," Caelene told them, her voice getting stronger as she became more sure of the plan.

Taking a sip of her tea, she added, "And be careful of any communications. I think we have to assume those involved could be monitoring us. We don't want to tip them off."

It might not be the perfect plan, but they could spend all day going over ideas and get nowhere. Caelene wasn't always the best at being decisive, but she hoped the plan she had chosen would work. It had to...it might be their only chance to clear James and themselves. Unfortunately, they didn't have much time. They'd have to make any adjustments on the fly and hope that it all came together, somehow.

OFF: Tag breakfast peoples.

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Non-Playing Character 1

Sevak (NPC) stood back up and slid a PADD from the side of his desk to a spot in front of him. Tapping at the PADD, he read through the orders one more time. He had memorized them, of course, but it was comforting to see the words in front of him regardless.

Hearing the door swish open, Sevak looked up and watched Kirok enter his office. Normally, he would offer a visitor a seat, but Kirok's posture told him that was unnecessary. He nodded to the part Vulcan as he approached.

Quote from: Kirok on December 09, 2017, 10:19:48 AM

"Admiral Sevak, it is agreeable to see you again.  I hope your family is in peace and enjoying a long life.  I was informed that you wish to have a meeting with me.  Is their more information about the investigation?" Kirok said.

"And you as well, Admiral Kirok. My family is doing well; I hope the same for yours," Sevak said, responding to the standard pleasantries. He picked up the PADD and continued, "Indeed; I was asked to meet with you as soon as you arrived."

Sevak handed the PADD to Kirok, and then turned to look out the window for a moment before turning back. "I am afraid we have not made much headway with the investigation. We know what Captain Hawke said to the ships we sent to him and what he claimed. We also know he is or was in the possession of some data that could shed light on the situation. Captain Hawke refuses to tell us where it is and a thorough search of the Shran while it has been in drydock has not turned up anything."

"The President has sent orders that you are to find the data. He feels that you are our best chance for retrieving it since you have worked with Captain Hawke. The captain was searched when he was found and we are confident the data is not on him. We feel it must either be somewhere in San Francisco or on the Shran, based on the timeline, which is detailed on the PADD," Sevak continued. "Do you have any questions?"

OFF: tag Kirok

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: Caelene Tam on December 10, 2017, 11:01:28 PM

Caelene listened as Kachina elaborated on her thoughts, considering what was being said. Brow furrowed in thought, she looked back up as she heard Ardyn's voice. The Trill had been so distracted, she hadn't even realized the former Chief Flight Control Officer was there. She did bring up some interesting ideas...

Looking up, she noticed the teapot and carefully poured herself another cup. Her eyes glanced around at the others. As the Shran's former Second Officer, she was the ranking crewmember here and as such, she needed to make a decision. With Lee's(NPC) death or disappearance, time was running out and they needed to get moving.

"Alright, we need to get our plan in motion, so here's what we're going to do. Ardy and Kachina will get the captain tomorrow morning. Ardy, I want you to work on the hologram with the organic simulator. If you need some help, Vance or I can help out later. I'm going to contact the others about meeting up here for a going away lunch for T'Ra tomorrow. If any of them need a lift before we get the captain, Kachina can go get them beforehand or on the way back with the captain. Vance and I will see about getting the Shran ready to go," Caelene told them, her voice getting stronger as she became more sure of the plan.

Taking a sip of her tea, she added, "And be careful of any communications. I think we have to assume those involved could be monitoring us. We don't want to tip them off."

It might not be the perfect plan, but they could spend all day going over ideas and get nowhere. Caelene wasn't always the best at being decisive, but she hoped the plan she had chosen would work. It had to...it might be their only chance to clear James and themselves. Unfortunately, they didn't have much time. They'd have to make any adjustments on the fly and hope that it all came together, somehow.

Spacedock - Promenade Restaurant

Katcha nodded in understanding.

"Da. I vill do zis." She agreed.

She then turned to Ardy.

I vill have ze Mark II Delta flyer ready to leave at dawn tomorrow. Is zere anyone else ve need to get in addation to ze Keptin?" She queried her former DH.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on December 10, 2017, 06:37:45 PM

[Starlight Diner]

It had been awhile since they had visited this diner, not since their Academy days to be precise. But waking up that morning, T'Ra found herself struck by an intense desire to return, a craving not only for the food the diner served, but also a longing for the atmosphere and memories that it contained.

Evan smiled softly as she sipped at her coffee, a knowing look in his eyes. "Remember the last time we were here, Schatz?" She nodded, reaching for a croissant. Evan continued. "We had been up who knows how long working on a project, that by the time we finished and needed to grab a bite to eat, it was so late that this was one of the only places still open."

T'Ra couldn't help but smile. Of course she remembered. Evan was so tired he could barely form sentences, let alone ones that made sense. "You said my pointy ears made me look like an elf."

"You know what a compliment that was?" he chuckled. "Elves are smart, wise, beautiful..."

T'Ra would have scoffed, maybe whack him with her napkin, but she was distracted as a woman approached. "Yes?" T'Ra offered. "Can I help you?"

[Starlight Diner]

This was it Donna thought as she continued her approach and Commander Jones spoke to her and was fully aware of their surroundings as to what she could actually say but figured she could at least introduce herself and mention how she knew James. " I hope so Commander" she replied so only the pair could hear her. " My name is Commander Donna Booth, I'm an old friend of James's  and he told me to come find you".

All Donna could do was wait for her response and hope that she would be able to trust her if she was going to tell her what James had said. Although wouldn't blame T'Ra if she didn't immediately respond to her or believe her but knew she wasn't going anywhere until she had delivered his message.

Academy Commandant

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: Caelene Tam on December 10, 2017, 11:01:28 PM

[Restaurant]
Ardyn nodded to her fellow pilot. "I don't have anything for you, though if you can plan out a route to get us there and out, that'd be great."

[Back room: Holodeck]
"Computer, lock the door to everyone without verification from me, then create a holographic humanoid template. I will specify further programming as it becomes available." Ardyn announced to the computer as she strode into the holodeck.  The computer chirped in response, as it created a ghostly Humanoid pattern in the air. If she had time, she would have done a lot more specific programming to make this Hologram as lifelike as possible, but that could wait. "Computer, make the Hologram appear like Captain James A. Hawke."  "I am not allowed to perform that function."

Ardyn grumbled. "Computer override that and do what I said." A few moments passed, then it chimed again. "I am not allowed to do that function. According to section 23-" Ardy cut off the computer. She wasn't going to get anywhere from that. "Computer, install Biomarker Application 16." As the computer chirped in response, Ardyn tapped her Commbadge, choosing her words carefully. =/\= "Hey guys? I need some... computer assistance." =/\=

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on December 11, 2017, 01:53:11 PM

[Restaurant]
Ardyn nodded to her fellow pilot. "I don't have anything for you, though if you can plan out a route to get us there and out, that'd be great."

[Back room: Holodeck]
"Computer, lock the door to everyone without verification from me, then create a holographic humanoid template. I will specify further programming as it becomes available." Ardyn announced to the computer as she strode into the holodeck.  The computer chirped in response, as it created a ghostly Humanoid pattern in the air. If she had time, she would have done a lot more specific programming to make this Hologram as lifelike as possible, but that could wait. "Computer, make the Hologram appear like Captain James A. Hawke."  "I am not allowed to perform that function."

Ardyn grumbled. "Computer override that and do what I said." A few moments passed, then it chimed again. "I am not allowed to do that function. According to section 23-" Ardy cut off the computer. She wasn't going to get anywhere from that. "Computer, install Biomarker Application 16." As the computer chirped in response, Ardyn tapped her Commbadge, choosing her words carefully. =/\= "Hey guys? I need some... computer assistance." =/\=

Promenade Restaurant - Spacedock

Katcha nodded as Ardy left, presumably to try and create the hologram with lifesign indicator. Being no good with holograms herself, she decided to get on with her day. She had a Miranda class ship with 10 Cadets to take in and out of Spacedock all day. Deciding to get started on her plan, she took out her PADD and reserved the Mark II Flyer for the next two days. Listing it as request from Command. And with any luck, no-one would notice. She then put in a request that she flyer be fully armed with spare magazines for the missiles on board.

Once she was done, she got up out of her seat and nodding to her colleagues headed to the Briefing room where she was due to meet the Cadets. While she was headed there, she began to plot a course that would enable her to rescue both the Captain and Bytes, who for some reason was the only member of the crew who had been sent to a Penal Colony.

Getting Bytes would be relatively straight forward. Since it was a registered Starfleet vessel, she would have no problems flying over the colony. She would then have to disable his tracking anklet before beaming him up. The harder part would be the Captain. No doubt there would be some form of anti-transporter system in place and that would have to be temporarily shut down so the switch could be made. Once they had the Captain, they would need to get the Shran out of Spacedock and find a quiet place to hide and to find the answers to who killed the President and why they were being framed. She had completed her initial plan just before arriving at the Briefing room.

Briefing Room - Spacedock

Katcha walked in and saw the Cadets already waiting for her. Looking at the chronometer, she saw it was not quite 08:00 but she decided to begin early.

She took them through the standard safety and protocol briefing before leading them out to where the ship was docked and through the airlock to board her.

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on December 11, 2017, 07:02:28 AM

[Starlight Diner]

This was it Donna thought as she continued her approach and Commander Jones spoke to her and was fully aware of their surroundings as to what she could actually say but figured she could at least introduce herself and mention how she knew James. " I hope so Commander" she replied so only the pair could hear her. " My name is Commander Donna Booth, I'm an old friend of James's  and he told me to come find you".

All Donna could do was wait for her response and hope that she would be able to trust her if she was going to tell her what James had said. Although wouldn't blame T'Ra if she didn't immediately respond to her or believe her but knew she wasn't going anywhere until she had delivered his message.

[Starlight Diner]

"A friend of James is a friend of ours," T'Ra replied calmly as Evan stood to pull out a chair for the Commander. It had been a couple months since she had seen Hawke, but she could still remember what she had said to him shortly before departing to take command of the Star Drive section of the Shran. She had asked him not to do anything too reckless, but that was like asking the captain not to lose his shirt.

Once Donna was ready, T'Ra posed her next questions. "How is James? Why did he send you to find me?"

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on December 11, 2017, 03:52:39 PM

[Starlight Diner]

"A friend of James is a friend of ours," T'Ra replied calmly as Evan stood to pull out a chair for the Commander. It had been a couple months since she had seen Hawke, but she could still remember what she had said to him shortly before departing to take command of the Star Drive section of the Shran. She had asked him not to do anything too reckless, but that was like asking the captain not to lose his shirt.

Once Donna was ready, T'Ra posed her next questions. "How is James? Why did he send you to find me?"

[Starlight Diner]

Donna instantly relaxed once T'Ra answered and thanked Evan as he pulled out a chair for her and sat down opposite the couple. When T'Ra then asked about James and why he had told Donna to come find her, she knew that she could tell his XO what he said back in his apartment even though it was cryptic but then again you couldn't be too careful with who might be listening to their conversation especially with the situation that James unfortunately now found himself in.

" James seems to be his usual normal self although I suspect this whole situation is affecting him more than he's letting on " she replied honestly. " As for why he told me to come find you it's because he knew you'd be able to trust me and to also tell you that his plan is not to have a plan plus I'm here to help in anyway that I can".

Academy Commandant

Kirok

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 1 on December 10, 2017, 11:32:00 PM

Sevak (NPC) stood back up and slid a PADD from the side of his desk to a spot in front of him. Tapping at the PADD, he read through the orders one more time. He had memorized them, of course, but it was comforting to see the words in front of him regardless.

Hearing the door swish open, Sevak looked up and watched Kirok enter his office. Normally, he would offer a visitor a seat, but Kirok's posture told him that was unnecessary. He nodded to the part Vulcan as he approached.

"And you as well, Admiral Kirok. My family is doing well; I hope the same for yours," Sevak said, responding to the standard pleasantries. He picked up the PADD and continued, "Indeed; I was asked to meet with you as soon as you arrived."

Sevak handed the PADD to Kirok, and then turned to look out the window for a moment before turning back. "I am afraid we have not made much headway with the investigation. We know what Captain Hawke said to the ships we sent to him and what he claimed. We also know he is or was in the possession of some data that could shed light on the situation. Captain Hawke refuses to tell us where it is and a thorough search of the Shran while it has been in drydock has not turned up anything."

"The President has sent orders that you are to find the data. He feels that you are our best chance for retrieving it since you have worked with Captain Hawke. The captain was searched when he was found and we are confident the data is not on him. We feel it must either be somewhere in San Francisco or on the Shran, based on the timeline, which is detailed on the PADD," Sevak continued. "Do you have any questions?"

Kirok accepted the padd and read over it while Sevak spoke.  The orders were pretty cut and dry.  But he, of course, did have questions.

"My father's health has return to normal.  Thanks be to the fates.  Thank you for taking the time to ask" Kirok relied politely after he looked up from the padd.

"I agree that I am the right person for the job.  But I must admit that I may have a personal bias which may post a conflict of interest.  As you know, I served with Hawke for nearly half a year.  But before that, I personally vetted him and know that he lacks any contact with any organization that might have been interested in removing the former President from office.  If the President can accept this possible bias that I can and will proceed with the investigation" Kirok said.

"But before that, I do have just three questions.  What brought attention to Hawke?  What is the evidence linking him to the crime other than the data you mention?  And when can I meet with the President?" the half Vulcan asked in his stead monoton manner.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.