Author Topic: S2-M1 Coming Together  (Read 24337 times)

Offline Kachina Filitov

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • What goes up, must come down!
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S2-M1 Coming Together
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2017, 01:49:42 pm »
Chekov's Bar - San Francisco - Earth

Katcha was sitting in a quiet corner booth, nursing her fifth shot of real Vodka. Chekov's was the only bar in the San Francisco area that served genuine Russian Vodka, she she had taken to going there several nights a week.

She always drank alone, as she was never in the mood for company. Not that anyone had even tried. None of her colleagues in the Academy flight department had even bothered to try and include her in whatever they did to relax.

She had been at the bar for over an hour when suddenly a stocky man with dark hair and several days worth of stubble sat down opposite her. She looked at him, prepared to tell him to go away in not so polite terms, when she recognised him.

"Alexis? Alexis Costa?" She asked in surprise.

"In the flesh Kitty Kat!" He replied, using her nickname from the Academy, one that she hated.

"Vot are you doing here? Last I heard you had qvit Starfleet and vere making a living vorking for a Ferengi!" She replied, with more than a little curiosity.

"Yeah I did for a while, though I've moved on since. Rumour has it that you are in a spot of trouble. Anything I can help with?" He asked smoothly.

"Vell I don't know if anyvon can help. My Keptin had information about an assaination attempt on the President of ze Federation. Ve tried to varn zem. Zey ignored us. Ve tried to stop it and not only did ve fail but Keptin Hawke has been accused of some involvement. Ze only reason I am not in ze Brig now is because zere is no evidence zat I committed a crime. Zey have not found me innocent, just no proof of guilt. And vis zis over my head all zey vould let me do is teach at ze Academy." She replied grouchily. Downing her sot and waving at the barman for another.

"So even you, Miss by-the-rules herself, has been tainted by the politics. I sorry you had to learn like this though Kitty." He added sympathetically and giving her a pat on the shoulder. "You did good by me while we were Cadets together so now I figure  can return the favour." He paused and looked around to make sure they were not overheard. "Should you get tired of the status quo here and quit the fleet, there is plenty of work for a flyer of your skills in the private sector. Gimmie a call if your interested." Costa handed Katcha a small communication device before getting up and leaving.

Katcha sat and looked at it for a few seconds before stuffing it in her pocket. The barman then arrived and handed her another shot. She smiled and paid for it.

He had just left and Katcha was about to down the shot when she was joined again. This time by a Vulcan male she did not recognise.

"Vot can I do for you?" She asked.

"It is more what I can do for you Ms Filitov." The Vulcan replied. "Lieutenant Commander T'Kok, Starfleet Security." He introduced himself, pulling out an ID card.

"Vell Kommander. Vot can you do for me?" She asked.

"The man who was just with you. Do you know who he is?"

"Da. His name is Alexis Costa. Ve vere at ze Academy togezzer." She replied.

"Do you know what he does now?"

"Niet. I heard zat he resigned from ze fleet. He alvays did go pretty close to ze edge so I imagine zat he either got too close and had to qvit or he crossed ze line and vos told to leave. Eizer vay I heard he got vork vis a Ferengi. He vos a good tactical officer and a fair pilot. I do not imagine he found it hard to find vork. He did not say who he vorks for now, only zat he has moved on."

"I'm not surprised. We don't know for sure but is is suspected that he works for a less than legitimate trade syndicate. What did he want with you?"

"As I said ve are old friends and he had heard about me practically being grounded. He vanted to know if I would consider leaving ze fleet. He said he could help me find vork."

"Why would you want to leave Starfleet? You have been cleared of any charges and you assignment to the Academy is only temporary!"

"I have not been cleared Kommander." Katcha replied. "I have just not been found guilty! I am sure you are avare of ze difference. Everyvone I have met since ze incident believes I am guilty. Even my Fazzer and Brozzers zink me guilty. Ze Admiral I spoke to made it clear zat I vould not get anozzer fleet assignment unless ze perpetrators are found and conwicted."

"I see. So I take it that you do not believe the perpetrators will be found?

"Since zere must be some sort of conspiracy to cover up somezing like zis, I doubt very much ze guilty vill be found, let alone punished."

"I understand your frustration, but I must warn you against taking Mr Costa up on his offer. Should he contact you again, will you let us know?"

"I doubt he vill." Katcha replied sourly. "He gave me a communicator to call him if I decide to qvit!"

"May I see it?"

Katcha thought for a moment beofre nodding and taking the small device out of her pocket.

"Zere you go."

T'Kok looked at the device and raised an eyebrow.

"It's not much use. This is a highly encrypted device. It would be next to impossible to track the source of any transmission. You had better retain it as there is nothing illegal about it." T'Kok paused again. "Once more I would urge you not to throw your career way though I cannot offer you any sold proof that it will get better.
 Though should you take your friend up on his offer, you may very well find yourself facing more charges. She you wish to help us with the investigation into your friend, I can be contacted though Starfleet Security."

With that, T'Kok got up and left without a backwoods glance.

Katcha frowned and finishing her Vodka, she left and headed back to her assigned quarters.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 01:53:55 pm by Kachina Filitov »

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

guest1477

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2017, 06:04:46 pm »
[Earth Spacedock, Main Promenade, Callahan's Pub]

Caelene listened as the others joined in on the discussion. Glancing around, she looked to see if Kay (NPC) was joining them, albeit late. She didn't see the El-Aurian, so perhaps Kay had had other things to do. As Vance responded, the Trill's attention turned back to her teammates.

Briefly, Caelene looked over at Lee (NPC), meeting his eyes for a moment before responding, "I've served with Captain Hawke long enough to know that what he does may not always make sense right away, but he has good reasons for doing so. Plus, consider this... If you were told that someone had evidence that the Federation President was going to be assassinated, what would you do? Personally, I would first increase the President's security and then I would look into the evidence."

"Instead, they sent two Sovereign-class vessels to see if we were the threat, didn't bother to do anything further to protect the President, and basically did what they could to prevent us from helping. And the President got assassinated, as Captain Hawke warned them. Doesn't that sound a little suspicious to you?" Caelene frowned; the whole thing was rather frustrating. And now here they were.

Caelene took a deep breath and felt Lee's hand gently squeezing her own. Usually she didn't get so worked up about things, but perhaps more of Milara's passion was coming through. Calming down, she listened as Lee changed the subject.

"Well, we'll have our chance at it tomorrow. I'm sure we'll show them why they were wrong to keep us from Main Engineering for so long," the Trill replied with a smile. They were a good team, she had to admit. If she ever got posted back to a ship, Caelene only wished she could take them all with her.

[Caelene's temporary quarters, couple hours later]

After a nice meal and conversation with her team, her friends, they parted ways for the evening. Caelene had gone straight back to her quarters and, not long after, Lee joined her. For the past week or two, it had become their ritual. One that she had to admit she rather enjoyed.

Curled up in a corner of the loveseat, Caelene watched him with her dark eyes as he took a sip of wine. Her glass sat on the small end table, mostly ignored. It certainly wasn't the largest set of quarters she'd stayed in, but it was cozy and certainly better than other alternatives.

Lee's eyes were on her and he smiled. "So you were saying earlier that Hawke doesn't always make sense, hmm? How so?"

"He just has his own way of doing things. As far as I can tell, he does always have a plan, but he doesn't want an enemy to know it and I suppose that if some of us realized what it was, our reactions could give it away. Once he had us plot a course to Risa, just to redirect some ships that might have been following us," Caelene explained, thinking back to one of their previous missions.

Lee nodded as he took another drink from the glass. "Risa? Why would an enemy find that believable? Wouldn't it make more sense to plot a course to a starbase or something? Does he just really like Risa and thought it would make the most sense? Perhaps someone special for him there?"

"I can't say I particularly considered that," Caelene admitted, watching Lee a little more closely. "Doesn't everyone like Risa?"

"Well, I suppose they do. I guess I just wonder if he has some obvious hobbies or likes or dislikes - ones obvious enough that enemies would know about them - that Hawke might use as misdirection," Lee said, shrugging slightly.

"You mean some kind of clue as to where he hid the data," Caelene said matter-of-factly as she stared directly at Lee. "You're pumping me for information. I know you've shown some interest in this situation, but what's really going on here? A normal person would have simply come out and asked me. Are you some kind of government spy or something?" If he was, he was a really bad one if even she could tell what he was attempting.

Lee sighed quietly and looked away a moment before meeting her gaze. "I'm not a spy. Not the kind you think anyway; I'm not working for the people who set up your CO and your crew. I'm just trying to get to the truth to help sort this all out. And I'm getting close, but I need that data that Hawke hid. Can you help me?"

The Trill stared him for several moments before standing and beginning to pace. Did she believe him? She certainly wanted to believe that he just wanted to help, but it could all be a trick. All of it. Caelene turned back towards Lee, looking into his eyes. Was all of it a lie? His affection towards her?

Lee must have noticed the look in her eyes because he stood and joined her, his eyes looking into hers as he took her face in his hands. "I know what you must be thinking, but it's not true. Well, perhaps that was part of my assignment initially, to get close to you...but the more I got to know you, the more I wanted to be close to you, to be with you, Caelene. Honestly, all I want to do is help put things right. Can you help me?"

Her heart fluttered as she felt him near her, touching her. Caelene searched his eyes, looking for the truth. If he was some kind of spy or agent, he would surely be able to fake his feelings. Maybe she was being naive, but she believed him. "I don't know where he would have hid the data, Lee. If I did, I would've gotten it already and would have been looking for ways to clear his name."

Nodding, Lee told her, "I need to go and make contact with someone else who might be able to help. It might be something, or it might be a waste of time. If it does pan out, we may have some real evidence to go on, though. I'll be back in a few hours, hopefully with good news."

"I'll wait for you. And I do want to believe... This is a lot to process at once. Please...be careful," Caelene said, frowning slightly. She wasn't sure how to feel or what exactly to believe, but she wanted to believe him.

Reaching down, he tilted her chin towards him and said quietly, "Listen to me Caelene... I care about you. These past couple months have been some of the best I've had while on assignment. My feelings for you are real; they've grown and developed, particularly these last few weeks. I... I love you, Caelene."

She watched him closely and stood, speechless. As he leaned down towards her, she felt his lips press against hers gently at first, and then more passionately as the kiss deepened. Caelene slipped her arms around his neck and kissed him back until he pulled away slowly, smiling at her.

Taking one of her hands in his, he kissed the back of it, "I have to go now, but I'll be back. I promise. I'll see you soon." Lee moved back to the love seat to pick up his jacket, then smiled and walked out the door.

Emotions coursing through her like a storm, the Trill nodded, taking a moment to catch her breath before practically collapsing on the love seat. She still wasn't completely sure if she could believe him or not, but she truly hoped she could. She didn't want to believe these feelings were all lie.

And what if he could get evidence to clear James? Would anyone listen?

OFF: Tag Vance in part 1

Earth Spacedock, Main Promenade, Callahan's Pub

Vance nodded in agreement to her question. The whole situation did seem off, there was no doubt about that.

"We will prove ourselves. And we'll do a hell of a job, just like we've done every other time." Axe returned the smile to Caelene; he'd come to like everybody that he had been working with.

The group of them had a good time over the next couple of hours, discussing other things and enjoying the time that they had spare before they'd be put back to work. Axe just hoped that they'd be cleared for duty after the problems they were having and hoped he'd be finally placed on a ship. He hoped he'd be placed with them, at least then he would know he was surrounded by good people.

Axe's Temporary Quarters - A couple of hours later

Axe put his hand onto the small drone on the bedside cabinet and raised it closer to his face. He stared at it closely in silence, trying to think of a fitting name for it. He had high ambitions for the drone; he wanted to add more features to it as he worked until it became almost an engineering multi tool. However, he was stumped at the first objective, he didn't know what to call it.

Axe placed the drone back down onto the table and laid back onto the bed. He stared at the roof for a few minutes and sighed heavily, thinking of what he had to his name. He spent a few minutes thinking about it and came up with a short list. A drone... That was everything. He'd lost so much on the freighter that he had to start his life again. He wasn't going to let that happen ever again, he thought.

Axe stood up and walked over to a desk and tapped a few buttons on the face of a console. The screen remained motionless for a few minutes before the figure of a person appeared on the screen. "Father." Axe stared at the man for a moment. "It has been a long time." He finished.

Offline Fala Awen

• Condemner of Food, Things, and Supplies
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Think they'll have THAT on the tour?
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2017, 12:02:05 am »
[Earth Spacedock, Caelene's Temporary Quarters]

Caelene woke up slowly, a look of confusion on her face. Why had she gone to sleep on the loveseat? Her bed was close by... Then it dawned on her; she had been waiting for Lee (NPC) to return from meeting someone who supposedly had additional information about the potential conspiracy. "Computer, what time is it?"

"The current time is 0615."

From what he told her, Lee definitely should have been back by now. Frowning, Caelene said, "Computer, locate Lieutenant Lee Agathon."

"Lieutenant Lee Agathon is not on Earth Spacedock."

That seemed rather odd. He wouldn't have left to meet his source, would he have? It didn't seem plausible, considering how soon he said he'd be back. Where could he be? Either he got delayed and would show up for his shift in the dockyard or... Well, what else could it be? Obviously the people involved in the situation were dangerous and they had assassinated the Federation President, but surely they wouldn't murder someone like Lee... Others had been looking into the situation as well and they were fine.

Caelene had made plans to meet with a few people for breakfast. Arydn was likely to be there, possibly her shipyard engineering team, and maybe other former Shran crewmates. It was potentially a new weekly breakfast gathering and she didn't want to be late. The Trill took a quick sonic shower and put on a fresh uniform.

As she was about to pick up her toolkit and head out the door, her desk terminal beeped, indicating she'd received a new message. Perhaps it was from Lee. Caelene moved around the desk and slid her finger across the screen, waiting for the latest message to pop up.

Caelene,

If you're seeing this, something has probably happened to me. I've recorded a new message each time I found additional information and programmed it to automatically send to you if I didn't manually stop it every eight hours.

As you now know, I have been investigating what happened with the Shran and the potential conspiracy Captain Hawke uncovered. I have some information that may be of use to you in clearing Hawke's name, but what I really needed was the data he hid. If you can get that as well, you'll have a much better chance at solving this.

I have some evidence that the new Federation President has been working with the Tal'Shiar. None of it is concrete yet, but enough that it would encourage a closer look. I've also managed to find out where he is - a planet near the Romulan border called Bokara II. Some additional information that I've scrounged up is attached and encrypted.

I hope you never see this message, but if you do, please know I meant what I told you. You're a special person, Caelene, and I have no doubt you'll do well in anything you do. I wish I could be there to help see this through, but good luck.

Yours,
Lee

Caelene couldn't catch her breath as she finished reading the message. Something had happened to him. What was she going to do? After taking a few deep breaths, the Trill quickly transferred the message and encrypted data to a PADD, then picked up her toolkit before heading out the door.

[Lee's Quarters]

Caelene had made her way as quickly as possible to Lee's quarters. Rounding a corner, her heart dropped as she saw several Starfleet Security Officers - two outside and another couple going in. She forced herself to slow down, but still approached. Pausing in front of the first one she saw, Caelene asked, "Ensign, what's going on here?"

With barely a glance, he said, "I'm sorry, ma'am, but I'm not allowed to discuss it."

"Well, I need you to discuss it! I'm Lieutenant Commander Tam and these are Lieutenant Lee Agathon's quarters...he's on my shipyard Engineering team and I need to know what's happening," Caelene said, her eyes moving between the two as a third officer approached.

Clearing his throat, the older man addressed her, "Commander, we really don't know what happened here yet. Lieutenant Agathon is not here, but there is evidence that someone was severely injured. We'll know more once we finish our tests. Do you have any idea what might have occurred?"

"He was supposed to meet me this morning before our shift, but he never did, so I came looking for him," Caelene began, her voice trailing off as the Security Officer stepped aside and she got a look into the room. She paled, a direct contrast to the red stains and splatters in the room. A pool of blood was under the desk, but it seemed fairly obvious that some kind of fight had taken place. Although Caelene was no doctor, it seemed like an awful lot of blood for someone to lose and still be alive...

Feeling her voice catching her throat as her eyes watered with tears, she quickly said, "Thank you, Commander. If you happen to find out what happened, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know. I need to go."

[Earth Spacedock, Promenade]

By the time Caelene got to the Promenade, she'd managed to get her tears under control, but she still felt shaky. It didn't take her long to spot the others at the restaurant they'd chosen for their breakfast gathering and the Trill hurried over. She slid into one of the empty seats quickly, setting her toolkit on the floor and placing the PADD on the table.

"Sorry I'm late. I...well...One of my engineering team members is...missing, perhaps dead. I went looking for him on the way here and Starfleet Security was there. There was so much blood... He..was looking for evidence, for information...to clear us. He sent some to me; I have it, but..." Caelene couldn't look any of them in the eye; she wasn't entirely sure who all was there. Her fingers simply traced around the outside of the PADD over and over again, trying to calm herself.

OFF: Possible tag to Ardy, Will, Vance, or a couple others if you think you might have  joined us for breakfast and are near Spacedock.

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Offline Kachina Filitov

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2017, 12:15:32 am »

Caelene woke up slowly, a look of confusion on her face. Why had she gone to sleep on the loveseat? Her bed was close by... Then it dawned on her; she had been waiting for Lee (NPC) to return from meeting someone who supposedly had additional information about the potential conspiracy. "Computer, what time is it?"

From what he told her, Lee definitely should have been back by now. Frowning, Caelene said, "Computer, locate Lieutenant Lee Agathon."

That seemed rather odd. He wouldn't have left to meet his source, would he have? It didn't seem plausible, considering how soon he said he'd be back. Where could he be? Either he got delayed and would show up for his shift in the dockyard or... Well, what else could it be? Obviously the people involved in the situation were dangerous and they had assassinated the Federation President, but surely they wouldn't murder someone like Lee... Others had been looking into the situation as well and they were fine.

Caelene had made plans to meet with a few people for breakfast. Arydn was likely to be there, possibly her shipyard engineering team, and maybe other former Shran crewmates. It was potentially a new weekly breakfast gathering and she didn't want to be late. The Trill took a quick sonic shower and put on a fresh uniform.

As she was about to pick up her toolkit and head out the door, her desk terminal beeped, indicating she'd received a new message. Perhaps it was from Lee. Caelene moved around the desk and slid her finger across the screen, waiting for the latest message to pop up.

Caelene,

If you're seeing this, something has probably happened to me. I've recorded a new message each time I found additional information and programmed it to automatically send to you if I didn't manually stop it every eight hours.

As you now know, I have been investigating what happened with the Shran and the potential conspiracy Captain Hawke uncovered. I have some information that may be of use to you in clearing Hawke's name, but what I really needed was the data he hid. If you can get that as well, you'll have a much better chance at solving this.

I have some evidence that the new Federation President has been working with the Tal'Shiar. None of it is concrete yet, but enough that it would encourage a closer look. I've also managed to find out where he is - a planet near the Romulan border called Bokara II. Some additional information that I've scrounged up is attached and encrypted.

I hope you never see this message, but if you do, please know I meant what I told you. You're a special person, Caelene, and I have no doubt you'll do well in anything you do. I wish I could be there to help see this through, but good luck.

Yours,
Lee

Caelene couldn't catch her breath as she finished reading the message. Something had happened to him. What was she going to do? After taking a few deep breaths, the Trill quickly transferred the message and encrypted data to a PADD, then picked up her toolkit before heading out the door.

[Lee's Quarters]

Caelene had made her way as quickly as possible to Lee's quarters. Rounding a corner, her heart dropped as she saw several Starfleet Security Officers - two outside and another couple going in. She forced herself to slow down, but still approached. Pausing in front of the first one she saw, Caelene asked, "Ensign, what's going on here?"

With barely a glance, he said, "I'm sorry, ma'am, but I'm not allowed to discuss it."

"Well, I need you to discuss it! I'm Lieutenant Commander Tam and these are Lieutenant Lee Agathon's quarters...he's on my shipyard Engineering team and I need to know what's happening," Caelene said, her eyes moving between the two as a third officer approached.

Clearing his throat, the older man addressed her, "Commander, we really don't know what happened here yet. Lieutenant Agathon is not here, but there is evidence that someone was severely injured. We'll know more once we finish our tests. Do you have any idea what might have occurred?"

"He was supposed to meet me this morning before our shift, but he never did, so I came looking for him," Caelene began, her voice trailing off as the Security Officer stepped aside and she got a look into the room. She paled, a direct contrast to the red stains and splatters in the room. A pool of blood was under the desk, but it seemed fairly obvious that some kind of fight had taken place. Although Caelene was no doctor, it seemed like an awful lot of blood for someone to lose and still be alive...

Feeling her voice catching her throat as her eyes watered with tears, she quickly said, "Thank you, Commander. If you happen to find out what happened, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know. I need to go."

By the time Caelene got to the Promenade, she'd managed to get her tears under control, but she still felt shaky. It didn't take her long to spot the others at the restaurant they'd chosen for their breakfast gathering and the Trill hurried over. She slid into one of the empty seats quickly, setting her toolkit on the floor and placing the PADD on the table.

"Sorry I'm late. I...well...One of my engineering team members is...missing, perhaps dead. I went looking for him on the way here and Starfleet Security was there. There was so much blood... He..was looking for evidence, for information...to clear us. He sent some to me; I have it, but..." Caelene couldn't look any of them in the eye; she wasn't entirely sure who all was there. Her fingers simply traced around the outside of the PADD over and over again, trying to calm herself.

OFF: Possible tag to Ardy, Will, Vance, or a couple others if you think you might have  joined us for breakfast and are near Spacedock.

Promenade - Earth Spacedock

Katcha, having to take a lesson in piloting a starship out of Spacedock, had decided to take up Commander Tam's invitation to meet for breakfast. She had arrived early, having done her usual exercise routine to clear her head and was already seated when the Commander came over, clearly upset.

As she listened to what Tam had to say, Katcha started to think. 'What in the four quadrants is going on?' She thought to herself.

"Vould you like a drink Kommander? Ze chai here is very good." She asked, indicating the pot of tea that was sitting next to her plate of eggs and bacon."

guest1477

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2017, 01:42:39 pm »

Vance's conversation with has father had been constructive. His father had retired from his position and had named his successor, which according to his father was meant to be him after he'd spent a good few years at the company, and maintained his position as company owner. His mother had also retired and they'd moved to the country. It seemed they'd settled down well.

Vance explained his current situation to them and told them about the explosion. They were both sad that he hadn't contacted them earlier.

The conversation ended well and Axe said he'd contact them when he got assigned. He went to sleep and prepared for main engineering the next day.

Earth Spacedock - Promenade

Vance frowned as Caelene finished speaking and let out a sigh. He looked over to the Russian whom he'd never spoke to before as she begun to speak. After she had finished offering the commander a cup of tea. "Who is it?" Vance asked her, he could only guess Lee but he thought he'd make sure before drawing a conclusion.

A waitress walked up to Vance and he ordered a cup of coffee. He had never been one for breakfast; he usually didn't have it and this day applied. He took a sip of the coffee after it arrived and placed it back down. This place made good coffee, he thought.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2017, 09:12:38 pm »

Caelene,

Yours,
Lee

[Lee's Quarters]

[USS Lirpa - Nearing Starbase where Shran is located]

Kirok and his small crew had flown straight back from the Delta Quadrant to Earth.  He had considered it unacceptable to pass by the Columbus without stopping.  But these were unusual times, so he was sure Malcolm would understand.

Unusual times indeed.  The President had been assassinated.  Hawke was the prime suspect and had been apprehended.  The the Shran had been badly damaged.

He could see what remained of it.   The major repairs being done in the space dock ahead.  The image evoked a response in Kirok.  His back tightened causing him to sit up straighter. 

It had been only a year ago that they had launched the vessel.  And less than six months since Kirok had left it in the hands of Hawke.  It has been broken.

He had trusted Hawke.  And still wanted to.  But before he could do that again he had to figure out why this had happened.

And to do that, he had to be here.  Not only for the UPF in their time of grief.  But for his people, those who had served on the Shran.

-/\-USS Lirpa to the USS Shran.  Kirok to Caelene Tam.  Come in-/\- Kirok said after tapping his com badge. 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 10:53:49 pm by Kirok »

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Three year award Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2017, 01:09:44 am »
[James' Aparment]

As James finished his statement he looked out the window and looked at the park.  He noticed in the lower section two children playing in the playground.  James gave a small smile and he remembered his own youth and how he played in the same neighborhood.

He looked at Donna and reflecting on his life and how different it was from hers.  He was still a Starfleet Officer and single (or widowed) and no children.  However, Donna life was also more fulfilling.  He looked at the window and heard her respond to his question.

[James's Apartment]

" I know you can't ask me James but I'm offering to help you " she said " Like I said earlier Damion and I talked about it before I came here and we both want to help and if that means stealing a ship and clearing your name then that's what we'll do".

James smiled and merely responded "Thanks, but the first objective is to get a ship that can take a beating.  I need the Shran AND the crew back.  With both, we might have a chance.  The Federation might have a chance"  James said

"You might want to look at my XO, Commander Jones, if you can find her she will know she can trust you if you tell her my plan is not to have a plan"  James said with a small smile
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 10:36:37 pm by Kinley Garrison »

Click on the Badge to see bio

Offline Fala Awen

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2017, 03:32:33 am »
[Earth Spacedock, Promenade, Restaurant]

At first, the sounds around Caelene seemed to be drowned out and far away. Her mind was racing with all that she'd learned in a relatively short space of time. What did all this information mean? Was Lee (NPC) really dead? What could she or the others or...well, anyone, do about any of it?

"Vould you like a drink Kommander? Ze chai here is very good." She asked, indicating the pot of tea that was sitting next to her plate of eggs and bacon.

Finally, hearing Kachina's voice brought her back to the present. Her hand trembled as she continued running her fingers over the PADD, but Caelene looked up at the Flight Control Officer. It took her a moment to digest what had been said, but then the Trill nodded, "Thank you, yes...I think that might be a good idea."

Vance frowned as Caelene finished speaking and let out a sigh. He looked over to the Russian whom he'd never spoke to before as she begun to speak. After she had finished offering the commander a cup of tea. "Who is it?" Vance asked her, he could only guess Lee but he thought he'd make sure before drawing a conclusion.

Still not entirely snapped out of her thoughts, Caelene looked between the few concerned faces near her - Ardy was there as was Vance and a few others. Swallowing hard, she glanced over at Vance. Quietly, she replied, "Lee...It was Lee."

A few minutes later, a hot cup of chai tea was placed before her - someone must have ordered it for her when she wasn't paying attention. Caelene nodded to the server in thanks, then wrapped her hands around the cup, warming them. Leaning over, she took in the aroma of the chai and breathed deeply. Bringing the cup to her lips, she took a sip, feeling the warm slide through her.

Caelene knew she had to pull herself together. At the moment, she was the ranking member of the Shran here and she needed to take charge of the situation. Lee's fate was out of her hands for the time being. Either he was already dead, in which case she could mourn him later, or he was alive but likely captured by those who were involved with the assassination. If that was the case, her best chance of finding him was finding out what was really going on.

Feeling a clarity of purpose, the Trill slid the PADD into the center of the table. "This contains the message that Lee sent to me. Lee, Lieutenant Agathon, was on my shipyard Engineering team, but apparently he was also investigating the conspiracy surrounding our crew and the assassination. The information he sent me details the new Federation President's current whereabouts on a planet near the Romulan border and some initial information that he's working with the Tal'Shiar. Apparently the data that Captain Hawke hid is part of the puzzle and the rest we'd need to get from the new president."

"Considering what seems to have happened to Lee, I'd say that the conspiracy is ongoing and they're trying to keep us quiet. I think the only hope we have of clearing Captain Hawke and ourselves is to get the data the captain hid and go find the new Federation President. We'll need a ship and crew to do that. I think most of our crew is still around, so we might be able to gather them...and the Shran's repairs are nearly complete. The captain is under house arrest, from what I understand, though," Caelene explained. She wasn't entirely sure how to get James out, but perhaps one of the engineers or operations crew could figure out a way to trick the monitoring system into thinking he was still there... Or at the very least, they'd have to get him to give up the location of the data.

Staring down at her cup of tea for a moment, she then looked back up at those around her. "Look through the information if you like. I plan to go forward with this, but I can't ask the rest of you to risk yourselves or your careers. You have to make up your own minds... If you don't feel comfortable going, I hope you'll at least not say anything while the rest of us try. If you are willing to help, I'm open to suggestions," Caelene finished, leaning back in her chair with a worried, yet determined look on her face.

If Lee was dead, she was going to make sure it was not in vain. And she wasn't going to let James just sit and rot or continue to be accused of things that weren't true. It might not be easy to get the crew together or to steal the Shran, but if anyone could do it, it was the crew who had survived a planet full of raptors, the Borg, and a ship full of incompetent cadets.

OFF: Tag breakfast meeting peoples (Kachina, Vance, Ardy...anyone else who was there..).

Offline Non-Playing Character 1

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2017, 03:59:44 am »
[USS Shran, Ready Room]

Commander Bill Shelby (NPC) frowned as he sat in what had been Captain Hawke's chair until he was removed from command and put under house arrest. For the past two months, Bill had essentially been in charge of the Odyssey class vessel while it underwent repairs. The majority of the damage was fixed, including all of the structural damage on the exterior.

His main task was to find the data that Captain Hawke had hidden somewhere. Many believed it was somewhere on the Shran, but even after all this time, they hadn't found it. Shaking his head, he began looking through the communications reports. His second task was to monitor and, if need be, intercept any important communications to or from members of the former Shran crew around the shipyard. Presumably they were hoping to intercept information about the data.

-/\-USS Lirpa to the USS Shran.  Kirok to Caelene Tam.  Come in-/\- Kirok said after tapping his com badge. 

Hearing Admiral Kirok's voice, Bill sat up straighter and quickly punched in the command to intercept the message. Kirok was one of the people he was meant to watch out for. They'd added a delay on communications traffic for cases just like this. Tapping his comm badge, he replied, =A=USS Shran to Admiral Kirok. This is Commander Shelby, Admiral. I'm afraid that Commander Tam is currently...unavailable. I've been asked to tell you that Starfleet Admiralty wants to see you immediately at HQ on Earth. Admiral Sevak (NPC) will await your arrival. Shelby out.=A=

Bill wasn't sure what Kirok would do, but they were the orders he'd been told to pass on should the Admiral arrive in the area. They had enough trouble with the former Shran crew and Kirok knew James. For all they knew, he could somehow be involved in what happened.

Opening a subspace channel to Starfleet Headquarters, Bill waited until he saw Admiral  Sevak's face appear on the terminal. "Admiral, I'm sorry to disturb you, but Admiral Kirok just arrived and attempted to contact Lieutenant Commander Tam. I intercepted and told him to report directly to you."

[Earth, Starfleet Headquarters]

"Very good, Commander. I will await his arrival. Should anything else arise, keep me informed," Sevak answered before closing the channel.

OFF: Tag Kirok

Offline Kachina Filitov

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2017, 09:56:56 am »

At first, the sounds around Caelene seemed to be drowned out and far away. Her mind was racing with all that she'd learned in a relatively short space of time. What did all this information mean? Was Lee (NPC) really dead? What could she or the others or...well, anyone, do about any of it?

Finally, hearing Kachina's voice brought her back to the present. Her hand trembled as she continued running her fingers over the PADD, but Caelene looked up at the Flight Control Officer. It took her a moment to digest what had been said, but then the Trill nodded, "Thank you, yes...I think that might be a good idea."

Katcha nodded and seeing the Trill almost unable to speak, she ordered another pot of tea. It soon arrived and she poured some into a cup, added milk and sugar, then put the cup in front of Tam.

Still not entirely snapped out of her thoughts, Caelene looked between the few concerned faces near her - Ardy was there as was Vance and a few others. Swallowing hard, she glanced over at Vance. Quietly, she replied, "Lee...It was Lee."

It soon arrived and she poured some into a cup, added milk and sugar, then put the cup in front of Tam.

A few minutes later, a hot cup of chai tea was placed before her - someone must have ordered it for her when she wasn't paying attention. Caelene nodded to the server in thanks, then wrapped her hands around the cup, warming them. Leaning over, she took in the aroma of the chai and breathed deeply. Bringing the cup to her lips, she took a sip, feeling the warm slide through her.

Caelene knew she had to pull herself together. At the moment, she was the ranking member of the Shran here and she needed to take charge of the situation. Lee's fate was out of her hands for the time being. Either he was already dead, in which case she could mourn him later, or he was alive but likely captured by those who were involved with the assassination. If that was the case, her best chance of finding him was finding out what was really going on.

Feeling a clarity of purpose, the Trill slid the PADD into the center of the table. "This contains the message that Lee sent to me. Lee, Lieutenant Agathon, was on my shipyard Engineering team, but apparently he was also investigating the conspiracy surrounding our crew and the assassination. The information he sent me details the new Federation President's current whereabouts on a planet near the Romulan border and some initial information that he's working with the Tal'Shiar. Apparently the data that Captain Hawke hid is part of the puzzle and the rest we'd need to get from the new president."

"Considering what seems to have happened to Lee, I'd say that the conspiracy is ongoing and they're trying to keep us quiet. I think the only hope we have of clearing Captain Hawke and ourselves is to get the data the captain hid and go find the new Federation President. We'll need a ship and crew to do that. I think most of our crew is still around, so we might be able to gather them...and the Shran's repairs are nearly complete. The captain is under house arrest, from what I understand, though," Caelene explained. She wasn't entirely sure how to get James out, but perhaps one of the engineers or operations crew could figure out a way to trick the monitoring system into thinking he was still there... Or at the very least, they'd have to get him to give up the location of the data.

Staring down at her cup of tea for a moment, she then looked back up at those around her. "Look through the information if you like. I plan to go forward with this, but I can't ask the rest of you to risk yourselves or your careers. You have to make up your own minds... If you don't feel comfortable going, I hope you'll at least not say anything while the rest of us try. If you are willing to help, I'm open to suggestions," Caelene finished, leaning back in her chair with a worried, yet determined look on her face.

If Lee was dead, she was going to make sure it was not in vain. And she wasn't going to let James just sit and rot or continue to be accused of things that weren't true. It might not be easy to get the crew together or to steal the Shran, but if anyone could do it, it was the crew who had survived a planet full of raptors, the Borg, and a ship full of incompetent cadets.

OFF: Tag breakfast meeting peoples (Kachina, Vance, Ardy...anyone else who was there..).

Katcha listened to what Tam had to say. She thought about it for a short while before looking at the others.

"Vell, it appears zat ve have two choices. Get into see ze Keptin or get him out so ve can speak to him. I for von cannot get into see him. I tried to but I am not on ze list of approved people and I vould guess zat none of you are eizer." She replied, pausing to take a drink. "However, zere may be anozzer option. If ve could get in close enough, ve may be able to beam him out by transporter onto a vaiting shuttle. Zis of course vould be highly illegal and vould all become fugitives and vould have to flee." She paused again. "But votever ve do, ve must do it qvickly. Ve cannot leave it much longer before doing somezing ozzer vise ve may never know vot really happened," She finished, her tone low and even.

Offline Katheryn Brighton

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2017, 10:23:52 am »
[James' Aparment]

As James finished his statement he looked out the window and looked at the park.  He noticed in the lower section two children playing in the playground.  James gave a small smile and he remembered his own youth and how he played in the same neighborhood.

He looked at Donna and reflecting on his life and how different it was from hers.  He was still a Starfleet Officer and single (or widowed) and no children.  However, Donna life was also more fulfilling.  He looked at the window and heard her respond to his question.

James smiled and merely responded "Thanks, but the first objective is to get a ship that can take a beating.  I need the Shran

[James's Apartment]

NPC - Commander Donna Booth

Donna watched him again as he moved to the window and looked out before turning his attention back to her hoping that her words and offer would be accepted after all she would do the same for any of her former crew and the friends she had made during her time in active duty.

Smiling back when he thanked her before mentioning that the first objective was to get a ship that could take a beating and understood when he then said he needed the Shran and his crew back. Hell she missed her ship sometimes and being amongst crew that were like family and believed him when he said that with that they had a chance.

" Then that's what we do James we find a way for you to get the Shran and your crew back " she replied before he spoke about his XO and how she should find her and tell her the plan. " Sure I can find Commander Jones" she said " I also like how you plan James it's never failed me on the Chintoka".

Academy Commandant

guest1477

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2017, 02:20:14 pm »

Earth Spacedock, Promenade, Restaurant

Lee. He could've guessed. Axe nodded in acknowledgement and let out a small sigh. He'd seemed nice enough and it appeared that he had a good cause.

Vance raised his eyebrows and shrugged. "I could just break into the power room and turn off the power in the building. It would have to be well executed though, otherwise I'll be arrested and you'd be in no better position." He paused for a moment, looking over to the Russian woman. "If her idea works, it'd be a better suggestion than mine."

Vance leaned back into his chair and sipped some of his coffee. He paused for a moment, thinking about how this could go. It could go successfully and he might finally get a placement on a ship. Or it could fail, and there would be a possibility he'd be locked away for life... To hell with it. It's not like he had much else to do, it was starting to get boring being sat waiting in the drydock.

"Would it be helpful to possibly have someone on your side that's not wanted by the Federation? I can stay on the ground and offer any support you may need." He suggested, maybe they didn't need someone in that position; in that case he'd be on the ship with them, but it could potentially be useful to them.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2017, 09:07:09 pm »
[USS Shran, Ready Room]

Commander Bill Shelby (NPC) frowned as he sat in what had been Captain Hawke's chair until he was removed from command and put under house arrest. For the past two months, Bill had essentially been in charge of the Odyssey class vessel while it underwent repairs. The majority of the damage was fixed, including all of the structural damage on the exterior.

His main task was to find the data that Captain Hawke had hidden somewhere. Many believed it was somewhere on the Shran, but even after all this time, they hadn't found it. Shaking his head, he began looking through the communications reports. His second task was to monitor and, if need be, intercept any important communications to or from members of the former Shran crew around the shipyard. Presumably they were hoping to intercept information about the data.

Hearing Admiral Kirok's voice, Bill sat up straighter and quickly punched in the command to intercept the message. Kirok was one of the people he was meant to watch out for. They'd added a delay on communications traffic for cases just like this. Tapping his comm badge, he replied, =A=USS Shran to Admiral Kirok. This is Commander Shelby, Admiral. I'm afraid that Commander Tam is currently...unavailable. I've been asked to tell you that Starfleet Admiralty wants to see you immediately at HQ on Earth. Admiral Sevak (NPC) will await your arrival. Shelby out.=A=

Bill wasn't sure what Kirok would do, but they were the orders he'd been told to pass on should the Admiral arrive in the area. They had enough trouble with the former Shran crew and Kirok knew James. For all they knew, he could somehow be involved in what happened.

Opening a subspace channel to Starfleet Headquarters, Bill waited until he saw Admiral  Sevak's face appear on the terminal. "Admiral, I'm sorry to disturb you, but Admiral Kirok just arrived and attempted to contact Lieutenant Commander Tam. I intercepted and told him to report directly to you."

[Earth, Starfleet Headquarters]

"Very good, Commander. I will await his arrival. Should anything else arise, keep me informed," Sevak answered before closing the channel.

[USS Lirpa]

Kirok had expected that Tam would be unavailable.  He wondered  though if she was being detained for questioning.  It would be a logic conclusion with Jones out the the picture.

But Sevak was the man closest to the new President.  Perhaps he had more information about the investigation.  So a meeting with him could not hurt.   

-/\-Commander Shelby.  Please inform Admiral Sevak that I will be happy to meet with him.  Please sent me his coordinates.  Kirok out-/\- the half Vulcan replied.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Fala Awen

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2017, 09:06:20 am »

Uncertain how the others would react, Caelene concentrated on sipping her tea. It was a rather nice blend. She wasn't really sure exactly how she - or they, if the others agreed to come along - would get the Shran and the rest of the crew. With the ship repairs, Caelene had been kept pretty busy and she hadn't really been able to keep tabs on where everyone ended up. Hopefully it wouldn't be too difficult to find out. As Kachina began to speak, the Trill looked up and listened to what she had to say.

"Vell, it appears zat ve have two choices. Get into see ze Keptin or get him out so ve can speak to him. I for von cannot get into see him. I tried to but I am not on ze list of approved people and I vould guess zat none of you are eizer." She replied, pausing to take a drink. "However, zere may be anozzer option. If ve could get in close enough, ve may be able to beam him out by transporter onto a vaiting shuttle. Zis of course vould be highly illegal and vould all become fugitives and vould have to flee." She paused again. "But votever ve do, ve must do it qvickly. Ve cannot leave it much longer before doing somezing ozzer vise ve may never know vot really happened," She finished, her tone low and even.
Vance raised his eyebrows and shrugged. "I could just break into the power room and turn off the power in the building. It would have to be well executed though, otherwise I'll be arrested and you'd be in no better position." He paused for a moment, looking over to the Russian woman. "If her idea works, it'd be a better suggestion than mine."

Listening to both ideas, Caelene paused to consider them. Technically speaking, either one could work, though both were risky. She tried to think through their options and potential consequences of the ideas. Slowly, thinking as she spoke, Caelene replied, "Either one could work, in theory. Having the power cut off should temporarily disable the monitor. There's probably something built in to prevent a beam-out, so we'd need to hack the system. Is there any way we could trick the monitoring system into thinking the captain is still there? If we don't, our time is likely to be even more limited - we'd have to get him back here, transport over to the Shran, and leave very quickly."

"Would it be helpful to possibly have someone on your side that's not wanted by the Federation? I can stay on the ground and offer any support you may need." He suggested, maybe they didn't need someone in that position; in that case he'd be on the ship with them, but it could potentially be useful to them.

Caelene's mind raced as she tried to consider what all they would need. Where could they best use Vance? She had to admit she was glad that he was willing to come with them - clearing James wasn't his responsibility, though if there was a conspiracy... "Initially, we need to find the Shran crew and get them here. I suppose I could send a message to each of them or you could, since mine might be monitored... Some people may need retrieved, though the others aren't on house arrest, which simplifies things. I think where you might fit in best, Vance, is potentially helping with getting Captain Hawke and perhaps readying the Shran. She still has some issues we'll have to work through en route, but we need to make sure the engines, shields, and weapons are ready. If you're up for that."

While she very much appreciated everyone's willingness to help, she wanted them to have the option to bow out if they chose. What they were doing was dangerous and they had to be certain of their choice. Caelene's mind drifted towards the message she could send... Since messages could be monitored, perhaps she should send something that looked more innocent. An invitation? Or perhaps Vance could send it and simply mention a 'mutual spotted friend' to indicate he knew Caelene.

Finishing her cup of tea, the Trill looked back towards the others, waiting to hear their thoughts. In this case, it was better to get a few opinions then choose the best one. They didn't have much time though, so they'd need to decide on a course of action and implement it soon.

OFF: Tag breakfast people

Offline Non-Playing Character 1

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2017, 09:19:54 am »
[USS Shran, Ready Room]

After his brief status update with Admiral Sevak (NPC), Bill (NPC) waited to hear back from Kirok. He seriously doubted that the Vulcan had expected to hear from him rather than the Trill engineer, so perhaps he was considering what to do. Actually, Bill rather enjoyed catching people off guard and this assignment in general. It was nearly over though... They'd pretty much eliminated the possibility of the data being hidden on the Shran, so he would probably be sent to look elsewhere.

-/\-Commander Shelby.  Please inform Admiral Sevak that I will be happy to meet with him.  Please sent me his coordinates.  Kirok out-/\- the half Vulcan replied.

Hearing Kirok respond, Bill nearly chuckled to himself. Somehow he doubted the Vulcan was actually happy with the idea, but orders were orders. He tapped his comm badge to reply, =A=I will inform the Admiral for you, sir. Admiral Sevak is at Starfleet Headquarters in his office. I'm sending the coordinates over to you now. Shelby out.=A=

[Starfleet Headquarters, Admiral Sevak's Office]

Admiral Sevak stared out the window for a moment, hands clasped behind him. What a disturbing time... Between the assassination of the Federation President and the accusations surrounding Captain Hawke and his crew, there was a lot to take in. Hawke killing the President did not make sense, but evidence did exist, to an extent.

He turned back towards his desk and sat down. Assuming there weren't any issues, Kirok would be arriving soon. It wouldn't take long for his ship to get from the Fleet Yard drydocks to within transporter range of San Francisco. Sevak tapped in a few commands to his terminal, asking his secretary to hold any communications or visitors until after Kirok left.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles