Subspace Transmissions - Naira & Knox

Started by Auzual Knox, December 01, 2017, 11:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auzual Knox

NPC General Yoduk

SUBSPACE TRANSMISSION

My Lady Naira,

Your humble servant finally is in range to send this short transmission. Though no words can reflect the yearnings that dwell within me.

The nights are hard and my bed has been empty far too long for my taste. Though I cannot lie with another whilst my heart beats for yours. Blood wine does not quench my thirst for you. It has been an age since our time together and it needs remedy.

I remember the exact moment when I met the glorious and proud Naira. After the long battle that nearly destroyed my ship and take my life, I stood at your feet. Our passion could have set ablaze the entire quadrant that night! Oh the story of our reunion shall be sung in the great hall of Warriors and shake the very foundations of Sto Vo Kor.

Daily drills keep my men sharp and we have a renewed hope for victory over the Breen. I shall endeavor to bring glory to the empire and to my house.

When my eyes close to sleep I see your beauty. I long for the day when I open them again and see you.

PS Ch'Pok cannot stop going on about this damn wedding. Please can you ask that Trill friend of yours to put him out of his misery and agree to the ritual killing and spill blood before the feast?

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Naira

Subspace Transmission

General Yoduk,

It is good to hear that you are doing well. News from the Alpha Quadrant is slow and spotty at best. While inter-quadrant communication has improved greatly over the last few decades, we still have a long way to go before a reliable form of communication can be had.

Patrolling this section of space has kept us busy, though mostly in paperwork and reports. We are hoping that our work may garner some sort of additional knowledge or new insights for the scientific community, in some way, shape or form. While it is taking some time for me to adjust to my new role aboard the ship, I do at times find myself missing the chance to take a more hands-on approach to my work or devote time to my own research projects.

In a few weeks time my ship is scheduled to reverse course for the Alpha Quadrant so that the crew may have a chance to take in some leisure time while we restock supplies. I am planning to make a quick stop by the Starbase Columbus before meeting up with my mother, before we head out again. While I am there, I will pass on your message.     

Auzual Knox

A low rumble sounded from Yoduk's chest as he read her response.

Her passion for me runs so deep, I can practically hear her yearning and desire for me.

Subspace Transmission

Yes, we are finding communications to be very ... annoying. Ahhh! Paperwork. The Federation enjoy reports. And, talk ... I also prefer a more ... hands-on approach to my work.

Tell me more about your new command. I am curious as to how your days are spent. What about those children of yours?

The marking on my back is a reminder of our union. I expect to build an impressive ... collection.

It is appreciated that you shall relay the message.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Naira

Naira couldn't help but to smile from the General's remarks.

Subspace Transmission

General Yoduk,

Thank you for asking about the children, they are doing well but still adjusting to leaving aboard a science vessel that wasn't really intended to house families. There are other children aboard, but nowhere near as many as when we were living on the starbase.

I don't want to bore you with my schedule, but I find myself spending a good deal of time micromanaging the day-to-day activities aboard the ship. I'm sure you are familiar with shift duties and rosters, even if the empire handles them in a different way.

Have you made any progress with reestablishing your colony? I know it's a hostile place to set up a home, but I find myself occasionally thinking of those families trying to build their lives there and I hope they are doing well.

Auzual Knox

Subspace Transmission

My Lady Naira,

How my yearnings shall soon be satisfied. The sweet taste of victory is within my grasp as everyday brings us closer to that Station of yours.

Glad to hear that those children of yours are doing well. Science vessel, huhm. Our duty rosters are probably handled differently. The new recruits must drink their weight in blood wine just to be judged and considered worthy to serve under my command. Some of the pataqs do try my patience.

We are doing our best to provide suitable accommodations. A Klingon warrior would not consider such hospitality necessary. However, we have families and children. I am reminded of the glorious Naira and shall not let her down in my efforts to re-home those who have not heard the call of Kahless.

Forever your faithful servant.

PS Ch'pok is very grateful to you for your help with the wedding. As he is in my house, it is customary for the great lady to judge his Par'Mach'kai. I would be honored if you would consider holding that position for the ceremony.

Naira

Subspace Transmission

General Yoduk,

While it would be a pleasure to see you again, I know you are very busy with your work. Please, it is not necessary that you alter your course to see me if you have other duties to attend to. I wouldn't want to distract you from protecting the colony that you have fought so much for.

As to your other request, I don't know if I can do that. I really wish you would not have put me in such a situation. You know my feelings about such things. I know it would mean a great deal to you, but considering the circumstances, I feel this duty might be better left to your grown daughter. Would she not feel overlooked should this role go to someone outside your own family? 

Naira

Subspace Transmission

Leesill Dunngar,

Leesill, I know it's been a long time since my last communication and I apologize for that. I have been very busy and I have had a lot on my mind lately.

This is such a poor form of communication.

I am looking forward to being back on the station, if only for a short time.

There are many things I want to say to you and speak with you about, but I don't think this is the best way to do it. When I am there for my visit we should talk.

Auzual Knox

Subspace Transmission

To be in your company, kneel at your feet and hold out my hand to your hand. I am not worthy, but it is worth it. The colony shall hold. Have you not missed your General? My duty now is to please and satisfy your every desire.

Arghhhh Right, of course. My eldest daughter from my first marriage. Like her mother, too highly strung. Her tall neck would have been put out of place. Naira, you are as wise as beautiful.

Naira

Naira sat her her desk, staring at the blank screen before her. She must have attempted a reply at least a dozen times, but she couldn't find the right words to convey her thoughts. Perhaps it was because she herself couldn't come to terms with what exactly she wanted or didn't want to say. She had never been good at opening up to others and letting them know how she felt, except with her mother.

That was the one person she felt she could open up to without feeling as if she were being judged. She had this way about her, where she would simply sit silently and listen. She never offered up her own opinions or made her daughter feel guilty for what she decided to do, she simply listened and let her work out her own problems all while knowing that she would have someone that she could go to for help when she needed it.

Subspace Transmission

Mother,

I'm afraid I may have to shorten the time we have available for our visit. I know with my new position I do not have the opportunity to visit as often as I would like, but I feel that I may be delayed in my first stop. As you know, things are complicated right now. I'm trying to work my way through it one day at a time.

I appreciate your earlier offer to take in the girls for a while, but for now I think it would be best if they continue to remain with me. They are really looking forward to visiting and getting a chance to play with the other children, but I think it would be too disruptive to their studies for them to have to adjust to yet another living situation so soon. We have really started to bond and I would hate to break that.

As always, if there is anything you or anyone else needs, please let me know and I will be sure to get it. If you haven't received it yet, you should soon expect another shipment of new padds loaded with an assortment of educational materials for the other children, some more of that cloth that auntie liked so much so that she can make them some new skirts and some perfume I picked up off a trader that made me think of you.   

Naira

Subspace Transmission

Dear Naira,

I'd love nothing more than to get the chance for the two of us to sit down and talk again, in person, but I'm afraid that it is going to have to wait. I went ahead and took your advice. I've been studying in my off time and I've reapplied to advance my career.

I've just received word that I am to be accepted, but I have to leave now if I want to start classes right away.

If what you want to say is important, you may have send me a message or wait until a later time.

I apologize for not letting you know sooner and I hope this gets to you in time so that you do not waste a trip, but I really did just find out. Hopefully, when we see each other again, we will have cause for celebration.

Auzual Knox

"Computer, begin transmission."

My lady Naira, Mother of my child and Mistress of my house,

Have you not missed your General? How are your hormones? Our crude medic tells me that this is a common issue with intra-Klingon-relations. Are you taking any supplements for the .... urges?

We are holding back the Breen for now and have suffered very few loses. I am sure to take a modest ship to visit the mother of my child. We have many matters to attend to. The naming ceremony.

I long to see you again. Hold you in my arms and see your growing belly. When can this be, my love? As I recall in one of our last conversations, your work is important to you and I would never presume to disrupt.

Your faithful servant,
General Yoduk

"End Transmission"

The General sighed as he scratched his lower back. He was growing impatient. He had not heard anything from Naira and his concern was growing.

Naira

Weeks went by with no response. The Athena never arrived at their scheduled destination, nor were they spotted along their patrol route. They had not responded to any transmissions, nor had they sent out any that had been detected.

Starfleet sent out a search team to their last known location and upon inspection they found a scattered debris field, a dozen bodies floating freely in space and a number of personal articles. Further investigation was ongoing and families were being notified. Things didn't look good.

Among the wreckage was a single Klingon d'k tahg bearing the emblem of the House of Ruktah. 

Auzual Knox

The gates of Sto'Vo'Kor themselves were shaking as the General roared in agony. He threw the PADD across the room and it shattered.

[Previously]
Many weeks had passed and there was still no reply from his Par'Mach'Kai. The General grew so impatient and unhappy that Ch'pok had no other choice but send transmissions to Knox in secret requesting any intel on the Athena and Naira. What she had learnt from Star Fleet had even made her cry.

Ch'pok rested the PADD down and heavily sighed. He knew that the General required information, though how he would take it was another matter. He continued to read the report over and over again until an hour had passed and he knew he must not delay the moment any longer.

scattered debris field
a dozen bodies
a number of personal articles
a single Klingon d'k tahg bearing the emblem of the House of Ruktah 

There was no denying it now.

[Present: General's Quarters]

Yoduk paced. His large frame destroying anything in his path, not that there was very much left intact nearby. What bothered him more than anything was the uncertainty. Though quite likely they were dead, there was no way to know how they died. They could never join the honored dead and he knew at that very moment that he would never find peace.

For a Klingon to hold out hope that their loved ones had died in glorious battle was quite normal, but for a Klingon to hold out hope that they were still alive - it was simply torture and concerning. It went against all that they were and are. But what else could he do? In his grief he had begun to write to Naira in secret as his crew would have taken this as a sign of him being unfit for his command.

Transmissions 1 - 6 pre/post learning of the catastrophe of the Athena

"Naira. Where are you, my love? Give me a sign. For every day that has passed since our last has only made me more resolved to see you again. Your ever-loving General."

"I am not worthy, but to only hear one word from you shall silence me forever. If you do not want me in your presence anymore, I shall banish myself. Your General."

"I know it impossible, but you are still alive. You both must be. I am an old fool, but I am still breathing for you and my heart is still beating for your heart."

"How can you be alive? I must be mad. I shall send out and command two birds of prey to find you, my love. Ch'pok seems to understand and say nothing at the same time. Good man. It helps."

"We are here and yet see nothing. What is this? My tactical officer informs me that a battle to death would have left more than this. It makes no sense, but Star Fleet do not listen. They never do."

"WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING MY NAIRA AND CHILD AWAY FROM ME SHALL REGRET THAT DAY FOR ETERNITY. ALL OF THE HOUSE OF RUKTAH SHALL NEVER LET THEM OR THEIR DESCENDANTS EVER FIND PEACE. GIK'TAL!"

The call went out to every single member of his house. Ch'pok knew that the time had now come.

Naira

Yoduk was a strong Klingon warrior. He led a fleet of ships into battle. He had fought the Dominion and gone toe to toe with the Breen. There was nothing he feared...well, almost nothing.

He tapped on his desk as he tried to figure out how exactly he was going to word what he needed to ask. He was no great poet. He could lead warriors into battle and lay his feeling down on the table, but tact and diplomacy were never his strong suits.

This is why I didn't go in to politics!

His pounded his fist against the desk, causing his tankard of bloodwine to shake to the point of nearly tipping over. He brought the vessel to his mouth and downed the contents before slamming it back upon the desk.

He ran his fingers through his long beard and initiated the transmission.

Subspace Transmission

Naira, mother of my child, mistress of my House, keeper of my heart.

Each day that I go without seeing you, being able to reach out and touch you, is another day too long.

I continue to fight as I am needed on the battlefield. I fight not only for the glory of the Empire, but to further the honor of the family we are expanding together.

However, it is for this reason that I must ask something of you.

While I have been off fighting the Breen these last several months, I have been unable to return to my home on Qo'nos. I was hoping that you might be able to check in on it should you find yourself in the region. It would mean a great deal to me to know that my home and lands have not been left to ruin in my absence. It will also bring me great comfort knowing that you are there, even if I cannot be there with you.

There is one more thing, some of the women in the family are insisting on meeting you.

Think about it and let me know what you decide.

End Transmission

He reached for his empty tankard once more. He was going to need more bloodwine.

Auzual Knox

[General Yoduk's Private Quarters]

My Lady Naira,

Your General is growing impatient, perhaps as much as your swollen belly. What news do you have for me? Of the child? And, of Qo'nos?

I am unable to find the enjoyment of the taste of victory against the Breen, or in my bloodwine. What are you doing to take you so far from my bed?

How are your children? Do they look forward to the addition to your family? The outcome of our glorious union still fills me with agonizing gratitude to that Admiral of yours. Though I had tried, no other satisfied my needs as much as the proud and glorious Naira.

When do you begin birthing my son? I have ordered several vintage barrels of blood wine. We shall feast and celebrate for the seven days and seven nights passing. He shall hold his rightful and honored place in the Great House of Ruktah. I hope he has his mother's wit.

I shall leave you now, and trust that your body is aching for me as mine for you and that your heart still beats as one with mine.

Your ever humble, Yoduk.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.