Author Topic: Planned Server Downtime- Friday to Saturday  (Read 1244 times)

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Planned Server Downtime- Friday to Saturday
« on: November 29, 2017, 09:56:23 pm »
Please note:

The site will be undergoing planned maintenance Friday, December 1st from 1900 hours (7 PM) EST for six to twelve hours.

During this time, the site may be unreliable or even unreachable. Believe us- it's not you. It's us.

The downtime may stretch into Saturday the Second, but hopefully, the impact will be minimal.

The Skype, Discord, Facebook, and Twitter accounts will be monitored as best as possible to answer any questions you may have. If you have any questions now on the subject, feel free to post below and we'll do our best to answer.

Please enjoy the real world while our internet home is spotty.
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline Jada

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • #greenlivesmatter
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Planned Server Downtime- Friday to Saturday
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 10:07:00 pm »
So, for international users, that's from 0:00 am GMT/UTC on Saturday, 2nd December. Or from 8:00 am for me. Boo.
Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Offline Julia Rellek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • "There's coffee in the nebula!" - Janeway
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 10:10:48 pm »
So, for international users, that's from 0:00 am GMT/UTC on Saturday, 2nd December. Or from 8:00 am for me. Boo.

It's quite possible you'll encounter no problems at all or simply very small inconveniences... we just wanted to let everyone know just in case.

Also, thanks Dylan!

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Offline Ardyn Jaeger

• Approved Applicants
  • Live fast, die young.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 10:50:38 pm »
*Already starts twitching from withdrawal* :P

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 12:11:05 pm »
Please note: Server downtime has been accelerated on it's timeline. The site will be going down around 2:30 PM EST.

Enjoy your weekend!
Shadow Fleet

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 12:35:39 pm »
Are we doing maintenance + a backup? Or when was our last backup done? I forgot.

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 01:38:02 pm »
Are we doing maintenance + a backup? Or when was our last backup done? I forgot.

Backups are taken every month, however this will include a backup as well.
Shadow Fleet

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 04:32:18 pm »
Site downtime has been delayed due to unforeseen difficulties. I'll let you know when it will be going down.

(I love people... I really do...)
Shadow Fleet

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles