Author Topic: S1-M10 A Race Against Time  (Read 22527 times)

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S1-M10 A Race Against Time
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2017, 01:27:51 am »
[Bridge]

After connecting the Captain through the proper frequencies and such, he couldn't help but feel a bit curious if not uneasy. "Odd is an understatement it seems. A plot for what though, sir? And a small fleet being dispatched as well. My guess is that this isn't some minor diplomatic issue. Your orders?"

"This is just another simulation" Jensen whispered to Arcaro while Will spoke to the Captain.

"I don't know... Captain Hawke seemed to have a genuine sense of urgency..." Arcaro whispered back

"That's what makes it seem authentic!" Jensen hissed before stopped by a glaring look from Will.

"See!"
[Shuttlebay]

Caelene sighed, "Yes, I know. I'll stay here a little while and do what I can to help; try to get supplies here faster. After that, I should check on the other cadets and might make my way to the bridge if I haven't heard from Lieutenant Jaeger. If it was something really serious, I'm sure the Captain would contact me, but I'd feel better knowing what's happening."

Truthfully, Caelene was tempted to go straight to the bridge, but she had to ensure that the cadets were safe and doing things properly. If there was some kind of situation developing, she didn't need them panicking and keeping them busy for now would help. For now, her top priority was ensuring the ship was prepared and in working order.

OFF: Soft tag Ardyn/bridge if you want to fill Caelene in on what's happening or want Engineering doing anything specific :)
[Bridge]

With her keen Vulcan hearing, T'Ra could still hear the cadets as they whispered quietly in awe behind her. Based on the tone and cadence of the two voices, it wasn't hard to distinguish who had said what, not that it mattered. The punition would do the both of them some good. If not for the seriousness of the situation, she might have led them on a little while longer before revealing the folly. But needs must. "This is not a drill, Cadets," T'Ra remarked dryly. "I can assure you that the captain is being quite earnest."

Before moving to join Hawke in the center of the bridge, she called to called to Tam with a light tap to her comm badge. =^=Tam, the captain has ordered the ship to set course for Earth at maximum warp. Can the engines handle the strain and duration?=^=
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 08:46:49 pm by Kinley Garrison »

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Offline Fala Awen

• Condemner of Food, Things, and Supplies
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Think they'll have THAT on the tour?
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2017, 07:08:51 am »
[Shuttlebay]

Caelene slowly walked around the Shran's shuttlebay, tapping a PADD against her leg as she observed the cadets. Two other engineers had showed up to help them work on the Delta Flyer and the other shuttles to ensure everything was done properly. The Flight Control cadets had taken care of some of the work on the other shuttles, but they needed to be deemed fit to fly. Seeing a nod from one of the engineers, she knew they had been.

Now all that remained was fixing the Delta Flyer. Gabriel (NPC) and the other engineers wouldn't need all of the cadets for that, so perhaps it was time to take a few of them to the holodeck to run battle drill simulations. As she finished her loop around the shuttlebay, Caelene stopped and called out, "Cadets Etri (NPC), Quinn (NPC), Kalev (NPC), and O'Connor (NPC) - you're with me. The rest of you will finish repairs on the Delta Flyer and Petty Officer Lestrade will keep me appraised of your progress. You can join us once you finish."

She waited patiently near the door as the four cadets packed up their toolkits and then joined her. The four she'd chosen were the ones who seemed either the most nervous or, in Kalev's case, the most cocky. Once they were all standing in front of her, Caelene turned and walked out of the shuttlebay, heading for the holodeck.

[Outside Holodeck 1]

Standing outside the holodeck she'd reserved, Caelene looked over the cadets, "As you know, the battle drill earlier did not go well. You need to get to your battle stations as soon as possible and ensure everything is ready. You should know by now where everything is in the Shran's Main Engineering. I want you to go in and work as normal...at some point, the red alert will be called and you need to follow proper protocol. Understood?"

Akos looked at her nervously, "This is just a simulation, though, right? We aren't going to be in real danger?"

"It is programmed to be a simulation, yes. So, unless something goes wrong with the holodeck again, you shouldn't be in real danger. I would still recommend doing your jobs properly and being diligent. If something were to go wrong in the holodeck or if the ship were to encounter something, there is the possibility of dangerous circumstances though," the Trill admitted as she watched the Betazoid swallow hard.

Before moving to join Hawke in the center of the bridge, she called to called to Tam with a light tap to her comm badge. =^=Tam, the captain has ordered the ship to set course for Earth at maximum warp. Can the engines handle the strain and duration?=^=

Hearing T'Ra's voice, Caelene stopped addressing the cadets. The message at least confirmed the change in speed and course. The Executive Officer hadn't indicated why James had altered their destination, though perhaps she simply didn't want to say on an open channel.

She tapped her comm badge to respond, =A=Tam to Jones. The last I checked, everything was in working order; the engines should be fine. I'll head up to the bridge and confirm for you; I'm closer to you than to Main Engineering. Tam out.=A=

As Caelene stood there, debating what to do with the cadets, she could feel their eyes on her. She wasn't sure she trusted them on the bridge just yet... Besides, the bridge could be crawling with cadets anyway. =A=Tam to Engineering; I need an engineer to meet me at Holodeck 1 and run some of the cadets through battle drills while I go to the bridge. Send Ensign Ladrian (NPC) or Sirak (NPC) immediately. Tam out.=A=

[Bridge]

Not too long after her message, both ensigns had arrived to take over the cadet's drills and Caelene had quickly headed for the bridge. The turbolift doors swished open and stepped forward, pausing just outside the doors as she took in the scene. It was a good thing she hadn't brought the cadets - there were already several on the bridge. They didn't need more getting in the way.

Caelene quickly made her way over to the Engineering console, tapped in her code and brought up the Engineering Overview screen. Her dark eyes scanned the overview, looking for any issues. Everything seemed to be fine for now, but she knew that could change. Turning towards where T'Ra and James were standing, the Trill announced, "Commander, the engines should be fine for the journey. Everything looks good across the board. The cadets are in two groups - repairing the Delta Flyer and doing battle drills. Is there anything you or Captain Hawke need from Engineering?"

OFF: Tag T'Ra/Hawke, soft tag bridge

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2017, 02:54:02 am »
=A=Tam to Jones. The last I checked, everything was in working order; the engines should be fine. I'll head up to the bridge and confirm for you; I'm closer to you than to Main Engineering. Tam out.=A=

[Bridge]

Not too long after her message, both ensigns had arrived to take over the cadet's drills and Caelene had quickly headed for the bridge. The turbolift doors swished open and stepped forward, pausing just outside the doors as she took in the scene. It was a good thing she hadn't brought the cadets - there were already several on the bridge. They didn't need more getting in the way.

Caelene quickly made her way over to the Engineering console, tapped in her code and brought up the Engineering Overview screen. Her dark eyes scanned the overview, looking for any issues. Everything seemed to be fine for now, but she knew that could change. Turning towards where T'Ra and James were standing, the Trill announced, "Commander, the engines should be fine for the journey. Everything looks good across the board. The cadets are in two groups - repairing the Delta Flyer and doing battle drills. Is there anything you or Captain Hawke need from Engineering?"

OFF: Tag T'Ra/Hawke, soft tag bridge
[Bridge]
=^=Acknowledged,=^= T'Ra replied, letting her hand fall to her side before folding her arms behind her back. Something about the situation really unsettled her. Perhaps it was just emotions and paranoia getting the better of her. Given her encounters with Sloan and the Temporal Agent, this was entirely possible, but there was more to it than that. There had to be. She would just have to let the wheels continue to spin in her head, processing and refining the pieces until logic was able to put the whole puzzle together.

"Helm," she called out to the flight officers, "keep us on our heading towards Earth at maximum warp. What's our current ETA? Mr. Waring," she added, briefly turning towards Opps, "send the Admiral a message informing them that we will continue on our current heading so as to save them the trouble of having to come all the way to us." This was of course little more than a pretense. "And let me know if and when anyone begins heading our way."

The doors to the bridge parted to admit the Chief Engineer. The Trill made her way promptly to her station giving a favourable report. "Good to hear," T'Ra told her. The Shran had suffered more than her fair share of damage lately, but thankfully their engineering department was unparalleled in their ability to affect repairs. "Miss Tam, is there anything we can do to boost engine efficiency? Time is of the essence."
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 08:51:58 pm by Kinley Garrison »

-Evan Buehler

Offline Kachina Filitov

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • What goes up, must come down!
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2017, 07:51:48 pm »
[Bridge]
=^=Acknowledged,=^= T'Ra replied, letting her hand fall to her side before folding her arms behind her back. Something about the situation really unsettled her. Perhaps it was just emotions and paranoia getting the better of her. Given her encounters with Sloan and the Temporal Agent, this was entirely possible, but there was more to it than that. There had to be. She would just have to let the wheels continue to spin in her head, processing and refining the pieces until logic was able to put the whole puzzle together.

"Helm," she called out to the flight officers, "keep us on our heading towards Earth at maximum warp. What's our current ETA? Mr. Waring," she added, briefly turning towards Opps, "send the Admiral a message informing them that we will continue on our current heading so as to save them the trouble of having to come all the way to us." This was of course little more than a pretense. "And let me know if and when anyone begins heading our way."

The doors to the bridge parted to admit the Chief Engineer. The Trill made her way promptly to her station giving a favourable report. "Good to hear," T'Ra told her. The Shran had suffered more than her fair share of damage lately, but thankfully their engineering department was unparalleled in their ability to affect repairs. "Miss Tam, is there anything we can do to boost engine efficiency? Time is of the essence."

Bridge

Katcha looked up at the Commander.

"Ve are currently at Varp 9.87 and ETA at Earth orbit is 22 hours 30 minutes. Ve can increase to emergency speed for 12 hours, zen ve vould arrive in" She paused whlie looking it up. "18 hours 42 minutes." She reported.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 08:52:30 pm by Kinley Garrison »

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

Offline Fala Awen

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2017, 06:46:05 am »
[Bridge]

As she awaited further instructions, Caelene ran a quick level five diagnostic on the bridge consoles. With all the cadets running around, she wanted to ensure the consoles were running properly. Technically, Will and his cadets seemed to be working on a console - she'd have to run diagnostics on it later.

While it ran, she listened to T'Ra speaking to Kachina and Will. What was going on that they needed to head back at maximum warp? Who was supposedly meeting them and why? Uncertain how sensitive the information was, the Trill didn't want to ask aloud in front of the cadets.

"I'll look into it right now," Caelene answered, turning back to the engineering console. The last she had checked, the engines had been running perfectly fine, but if T'Ra wanted her to try boosting efficiency, she would. Her slender fingers slid across the console as she brought up the warp engine systems.

Boosting efficiency would be a delicate process - the matter/anti-matter reaction that fueled the warp drive had to be balanced in a precise matter. The best ways she'd seen to increase efficiency would be to either adjust the frequency of the electromagnetic fields, which would affect the warp plasma itself, or to modify the flow rate from the plasma injectors. The safest way would be to adjust the flow, but they would probably get more of a boost with the frequency change.

Caelene slowly drummed her fingers on the console as she considered her options. Either way, she would feel more comfortable simulating it first, so she loaded up the simulation program. It pulled data from their current setup and allowed her to modify whatever parameters she wanted to see what the results would be. Currently, the ship was operating with an EM frequency around 10^17 hertz, which was within normal range, but below the upper limit. The injectors were running at 48 hertz for 49 nanoseconds, which was also within the normal range, but below their upper limit.

Slowly, she began adjusting them slowly, one at a time, in the simulation and then tried using both modifications. Caelene looked at the resulting efficiency graph and considered her options. Modifying both to their upper limits actually decreased efficiency, but if she nudged each them just a little closer to the upper limits, it seemed to help.

After closing out of the simulation, Caelene tapped her comm badge, =A=Tam to Engineering. We need to try boosting engine efficiency. I want you to slowly bring the EPS system's EM frequency up to 10^19 hertz, give it five minutes, and then adjust the plasma injector frequency to 49 hertz for a period of 51 nanoseconds. Monitor the systems closely and I'll do the same from here. Let me know if there's any problems. Tam out. =A=

She watched the warp system screen as her modifications were implemented, probably by Arol (NPC). As she waited, her thumb tapped against the edge of the console and she gently bit her lip, nervous. The values began to change and Caelene's eyes flicked nervously between the modified values and engine efficiency. As the system began to normalize at its new values, she exhaled quietly, relieved.

Glancing up, she caught T'Ra's eye before walking over to where the Executive Officer sat. "I've made some adjustments to the warp systems and we've boosted engine efficiency by 0.84%. It doesn't sound like much, but for a system with delicate balance like this, it is a decent figure," Caelene explained. Lowering her voice, she continued, "If I may ask, Commander... What is going on? Why are we headed back to Earth and who would be coming after us?"

Of course, she wasn't sure how much T'Ra would be able to tell her. It could be that James simply had them change course and didn't entirely explain himself - much like their supposed course change to Risa during their last mission. Still, if someone knew what was going on, Caelene figured it would be T'Ra. At the moment, she had a lot on her mind what with the cadets aboard; if she got some answers about this, it would be one less thing to be concerned about.

OFF: Tag T'Ra, soft tag bridge
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 08:52:58 pm by Kinley Garrison »

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2017, 12:03:35 am »
Bridge

Katcha looked up at the Commander.

"Ve are currently at Varp 9.87 and ETA at Earth orbit is 22 hours 30 minutes. Ve can increase to emergency speed for 12 hours, zen ve vould arrive in" She paused whlie looking it up. "18 hours 42 minutes." She reported.
She watched the warp system screen as her modifications were implemented, probably by Arol (NPC). As she waited, her thumb tapped against the edge of the console and she gently bit her lip, nervous. The values began to change and Caelene's eyes flicked nervously between the modified values and engine efficiency. As the system began to normalize at its new values, she exhaled quietly, relieved.

Glancing up, she caught T'Ra's eye before walking over to where the Executive Officer sat. "I've made some adjustments to the warp systems and we've boosted engine efficiency by 0.84%. It doesn't sound like much, but for a system with delicate balance like this, it is a decent figure," Caelene explained. Lowering her voice, she continued, "If I may ask, Commander... What is going on? Why are we headed back to Earth and who would be coming after us?"

Of course, she wasn't sure how much T'Ra would be able to tell her. It could be that James simply had them change course and didn't entirely explain himself - much like their supposed course change to Risa during their last mission. Still, if someone knew what was going on, Caelene figured it would be T'Ra. At the moment, she had a lot on her mind what with the cadets aboard; if she got some answers about this, it would be one less thing to be concerned about.

[Bridge]

"Thank you, Miss Filitov," T'Ra responded calmly. "Maintain emergency speed for as long as we're able. The extra speed would save them a few hours, and hopefully engineering would be able to shave off even more time. It was not clear yet what sort of 'game' they were playing, but the stakes were undoubtedly high.

T'Ra tilted her head up to see the Chief Engineer approach, nodding as she listened. "My brother was an engineer, Miss Tam," T'Ra commented, "so I understand how fickle machines can be." And every scientist knew the massive effects the tiniest changes could have.

She tried to keep the irritation from showing in her eyes, because she did not know, and that bothered her. She had so little data to work with, not quite enough to begin extrapolating and to form a hypothesis. T'Ra continued speaking, though she lowered her voice. "But to answer your question, I am not entirely certain. The Captain called Starfleet to alert them to some assassination plot against the president, and the way the admiral replied was most strange. We were to standby and await further instruction while they send a couple ships our way, though I do not imagine that these ships will come bearing frankincense and myrrh."

[Later - Personal Quarters]

When she could no longer deny the sense of fatigue that was gradually creeping up on her, T'Ra excused herself from the bridge, returning to her quarters to find Evan already sprawled across the bed, a leg draped over the edge. He must have been just as exhausted as she felt now, still fully clothed, boots and all. T'Ra reached to gently pry a boot from her husband's foot, but then he stirred, looked up groggily, and uttered a single German word that could carry an entire conversation on its own.

"Na?"

"Ich bin's, Schatz," she replied, opting to lay beside him on her back.

"Is it just me, or did they give us the greenest cadets they could find?" Evan asked. Now, what did this lot do? she wondered. "Though you should see the Chief," he snickered. "Goin' on about how the cadets are 'mucking up Sickbay'. Poor bloke is about to rip his hair out." T'Ra sighed. "You doing alright?"

"Tired."

[10 hours later - Bridge]

T'Ra returned to the bridge feeling slightly more refreshed. But it had been some time since she felt truly rested, as the life growing within her continued to draw from her strength. "Status?" she inquired at general to the officers present.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 08:53:59 pm by Kinley Garrison »

-Evan Buehler

Offline Kachina Filitov

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2017, 01:16:11 am »
[Bridge]

[10 hours later - Bridge]

T'Ra returned to the bridge feeling slightly more refreshed. But it had been some time since she felt truly rested, as the life growing within her continued to draw from her strength. "Status?" she inquired at general to the officers present.

Bridge

Katcha, who had barely arrived on the Bridge for shift herself, completed her handover then looked at T'Ra.

"Ve are still on course for Eath and ve can maintain emergency speed for anozzer 1 hour 58 minutes. Zen ve vill have to drop back to Varp 9.87. ETA at Earth orbit is 8 hours 40 minutes if ve maintain emergency speed and zen continue at maximum cruising speed." She reported.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 08:54:15 pm by Kinley Garrison »

Offline Fala Awen

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2017, 04:06:22 am »
[Bridge]

As she waited for T'Ra's reply, Caelene heard the voice of Arol (NPC) as he contacted her from Engineering.

=A=Revan to Tam. Everything's looking good here, Commander. We'll continue to monitor the warp systems closely, but currently I see no reason why we can't maintain these changes en route. We may have to make some minor adjustments depending on how long we're at this speed, though.=A=

Caelene tapped her comm badge to reply. =A=Acknowledged, Revan. If it becomes an issue or adjustments need to be made, notify me immediately. Tam out.=A=

T'Ra tilted her head up to see the Chief Engineer approach, nodding as she listened. "My brother was an engineer, Miss Tam," T'Ra commented, "so I understand how fickle machines can be." And every scientist knew the massive effects the tiniest changes could have.

She tried to keep the irritation from showing in her eyes, because she did not know, and that bothered her. She had so little data to work with, not quite enough to begin extrapolating and to form a hypothesis. T'Ra continued speaking, though she lowered her voice. "But to answer your question, I am not entirely certain. The Captain called Starfleet to alert them to some assassination plot against the president, and the way the admiral replied was most strange. We were to standby and await further instruction while they send a couple ships our way, though I do not imagine that these ships will come bearing frankincense and myrrh."

It was always good to have colleagues who understood that systems had limitations. With some in Command, they couldn't wrap their heads around limitations and issues that prevented them from carrying out some insane idea they'd gotten. Of course, she knew T'Ra was much more reasonable, and logical, than that. And Caelene hadn't realized that T'Ra's brother was an engineer.

The Trill's eyes widened at the mention of an assassination plot. Who would want to kill the Federation President? And why? Having an admiral act strangely in such a situation was unsettling. Lowering her voice, she answered, "That does not sound promising... I wouldn't be thrilled with this information under normal circumstances, but we also have cadets aboard. If those ships end up causing trouble, I'm not entirely sure how we would fare, let alone with the cadets here. I'll have engineering go over our systems again en route to ensure all systems are working properly. And if there's anything else you need, just say so."

[10 Hours later, Bridge]

After hearing about their situation from T'Ra earlier, Caelene had quickly gotten to work - getting the engineers started on their tasks, checking on the cadets, and then getting herself some sleep. Once she'd gotten something to eat, she had headed straight back to the bridge. Some familiar faces were there already.

"Ve are still on course for Eath and ve can maintain emergency speed for anozzer 1 hour 58 minutes. Zen ve vill have to drop back to Varp 9.87. ETA at Earth orbit is 8 hours 40 minutes if ve maintain emergency speed and zen continue at maximum cruising speed." She reported.

Listening to  Kachina, Caelene frowned slightly as she logged into the engineering console. They'd already been at emergency speed for quite some time. A notification popped up on her screen, indicating that Engineering had decreased how long the injectors were open for as the efficiency had dropped with the additional strain on the engines. Her eyes quickly looked over the system overview, taking in their current status.

"Everything looks fine as far as Engineering goes," Caelene told T'Ra, turning towards her. "We did have to modify the adjustments I made, but we're still at higher efficiency than we were originally. We may need to adjust further as well."

The Trill brought up the simulation program to try a few different changes. It probably wasn't necessary, but she wanted something to distract herself.

Caelene knew quite well that they were likely in a great deal of danger. They'd reported an assassination plot and didn't know who they could trust. An unknown number of ships of unknown classes were probably heading towards them. It was not a good situation for them, let alone the cadets on board.

While it was true that the cadets would likely end up in dangerous situations during their careers, they were rather inexperienced at this point. Caelene felt a responsibility to them - much like Milara had when she had archaeology students at her digs. Despite the frustration of dealing with the cadets, part of her - the Milara part - enjoyed having the young men and women around. It liked having someone to teach and work with...minds to shape.

They weren't prepared for a situation such as this though... Even the Shran crew was not prepared properly. Hopefully James would have some kind of plan.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 08:54:46 pm by Kinley Garrison »

Offline Non-Playing Character 2

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2017, 11:54:39 am »
[Admiralty, Earth]

Admiral Kelley finished his conversation with Hawke.  Her face turned into a frown as she heard the message.  Even in his teenage years, she has known James to be reckless, but not a liar.   She knew in her heart that if Hawke had said something serious, it was true.

She looked at her organized office and looked outside her Window.  She was in the building of Starfleet Command and looked at the Small Park and fountain in the middle.   She looked at two children were playing around the fountain.  There was a boy and a girl running around the fountain and occasionally splashing each other.  It reminded her of James and his twin sister as they played around the same fountain.  She worked as a Starfleet liaison with Kenneth, James father.   She worked with him on several weapons and ship designs. 

Laura looked down and said to herself "Damn you, James."

She shook her head and headed into her perfectly organized desk.  She opened a channel with the Head of Starfleet. 

"Admiral, this is Laura.  I have been contacted by Captain Hawke, regarding a potential assassination for the President of the United Federation of Planets" Laura said

The Chief looked down and said "Interesting, those are serious allegations, indeed.  I would recommend the President to cancel all of his events.  However, knowing the President, he will insist on going to the events. "

Admiral Kelley eyes frowned and said, "Well what do you want to do?"

The Chief answered, "We should stop and detain the Shran and do a full investigation."

Laura responded "Knowing, James he will keep his cards close to the chest."

The Chief responded "Well is about time for him to get those cards away from the chest.  I am sending a fleet to do the investigation."

« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 08:55:16 pm by Kinley Garrison »

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Three year award Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2017, 12:52:13 pm »
[Bridge] 

James heard the question from the crew and most of them rightfully.  The crew followed most of this orders without question, and it was time for him to explain to the officers on the bridge.

"Did you ever wondered why I volunteered us for Cadet Training?"  James asked a rhetorical question.

He looked at everyone on the bridge and explained "Months ago, we obtained information from a Romulan Borg that his nanites included coded information.  Dr. Meadows uncovered a list of individuals that have been under control of the Romulan Tal'Shiar.  This would be great but the list of incomplete, from what we gather the list is full of sleeper agents in key positions."  James explained

He pointed at the Cadet "These people are my insurance policy, I only left people here that I trusted.  The Tal'shiar would likely not target cadets as sleeper agents, and they have relatively low value.  Why go after a Cadet when you can have a Luitenant?"  James asked a rhetorical question.   He pointed out that even the cadets, which appeared to be random at first, but after explaining the situation made sense.

"Earlier today, I looked at the Data and found a big cluster data that reveal the President is going to be assassinated later at the Starfleet Academy graduation ceremony.  I assume an agent of the Tal'shiar is going to take control of the Federation"  James explained

He then looked at the view screen "The problem is that we don't know whom we can trust.  The only people that we can trust is ourselves.  For the first time, we might need to engage and fight Starfleet" James explained.

"Now if you excuse me, I need to find a way to prepare the crew,"  James said

[10 hours later]

James went into the bridge and looked around.  He commented "Hmmm, it's becoming a little too easy to get to Earth.  If I were the Tal'Shiar, I would try to prevent us from reaching Earth."

He looked at the ship and said "Ok, I expect something to happen.  Take us to Yellow Alert."

He then looked to ops and said I have a message for the ship.

=/\= Crew of the Shran, this is the Captain.  As you are well aware, we are heading towards Earth.  I have ordered the Ship into Yellow Alert as we prepare for possible combat.  Months ago we received a coded message they are several sleeper agents of the Tal'shiar infiltrating the Command of the Federation. We have reason to believe that there is an assassination attempt for the President of the United Federation of Plans.  I don't know what to expect, but I expect all of the Cadets in this ship to grow up and act like Starfleet Officers.  You were trained by the best, and I expect for you to act like the best. I want all personnel to prepare for possible combat. =/\=

As James finished he pressed his comm. =/\= Counselor, do you mind coming into the bridge for a second? =/\=

James looked around and said "We just need to get there in two hours.  What could go wrong?"� 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 08:55:52 pm by Kinley Garrison »

Click on the Badge to see bio

Offline Non-Playing Character 2

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2017, 01:30:47 pm »
[Bridge, Sovereign Class Excalibur]
Alexandra Murphy sat on the Captain's Chair of the Sovereign Vesell, Excalibur.  The ship was brand new with all the bell and whistles.  The ship was in the shakedown run as working to get the bugs out.  As she looked around, she heard her Comm Officer talk to her

"Ma'am we are receiving an emergency order from Starfleet Command."  The ops Officer said

Murphy in her cold voice said, "Ok, what's our orders?"

The Ops Officer said "Captain Hawke of the Shran said that he had uncovered a plot to assassinate the United Federation of Planets by agents of the Tal'Shiar.  Starfleet Intelligence has received intelligence that the Tal'shiar has sleeper agents.  We have not cleared Captain Hawke as a possible Tal'shiar Agent.  We are ordered to temporary detain Captain Hawke to investigate his possible claim and clear him as a sleeper agent."

Murphy said "Captain, Hawke has an Odyssey class ship under his Command.  I command a Sovereign vessel.  If he was an agent, he can lie to his crew and destroy us, before we finish our investigation."

The Ops Officer continued "Ma'am we are supposed to rendezvous with Captain Torgate, who is in Command of another Sovereign vessel."

Murphy then ordered open a Message to Captain Torngate =/\= This is Captain Murphy of the Excalibur, we have been ordered to assist you in investigating Captain Hawke of the Shran.  Hopefully, Captain Hawke will consent to an investigation into his allegations and the importance of making sure he is not a Tal'shiar sleeper agent.  I would like to avoid a firefight if I have to =/\=
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 08:56:23 pm by Kinley Garrison »

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2017, 03:13:15 pm »
[Bridge, Sovereign Class Excalibur]
Alexandra Murphy sat on the Captain's Chair of the Sovereign Vesell, Excalibur.  The ship was brand new with all the bell and whistles.  The ship was in the shakedown run as working to get the bugs out.  As she looked around, she heard her Comm Officer talk to her

"Ma'am we are receiving an emergency order from Starfleet Command."  The ops Officer said

Murphy in her cold voice said, "Ok, what's our orders?"

The Ops Officer said "Captain Hawke of the Shran said that he had uncovered a plot to assassinate the United Federation of Planets by agents of the Tal'Shiar.  Starfleet Intelligence has received intelligence that the Tal'shiar has sleeper agents.  We have not cleared Captain Hawke as a possible Tal'shiar Agent.  We are ordered to temporary detain Captain Hawke to investigate his possible claim and clear him as a sleeper agent."

Murphy said "Captain, Hawke has an Odyssey class ship under his Command.  I command a Sovereign vessel.  If he was an agent, he can lie to his crew and destroy us, before we finish our investigation."

The Ops Officer continued "Ma'am we are supposed to rendezvous with Captain Torgate, who is in Command of another Sovereign vessel."

Murphy then ordered open a Message to Captain Torngate =/\= This is Captain Murphy of the Excalibur, we have been ordered to assist you in investigating Captain Hawke of the Shran.  Hopefully, Captain Hawke will consent to an investigation into his allegations and the importance of making sure he is not a Tal'shiar sleeper agent.  I would like to avoid a firefight if I have to =/\=

[Bridge- USS Inquisitor]

Dylan sat in the shiny, wood-paneled bridge of the Inquisitor. He'd been temporarily assigned here for this job. The Challenger wasn't quite set up for this type of mission.

His orders were clear- He was to locate, and if needed, detain Captain James A Hawke, for reasons that were too confusing for him to fully track. All he knew is that there was a chance that the Captain had been compromised. Someone up the chain of command had found Dylan was in the same fleet, and had thought that might help the man stand down. For all Dylan cared, he had his orders and he'd carry them out, no matter the odds. The rest of the Sol defense fleet was on standby, and even for a Odyssey class vessel, two Sovereigns were nothing to sneeze at. Together, the two ships would have the Shran outgunned, but not out shielded. They'd be overwhelmed with the torpedo swarms of a Odyssey, but hopefully they'd do the job. He looked at all the data he had on-hand, before responding to the Transmission.

=/\= Understood, Captain. This will be easier if we can just get aboard the Shran. I'm going to try and get them to dock. Fly interference in their path if you have to. =/\= he said. He wanted that ship stopped where he could keep an eye on it... now.

"Tactical, take us to Yellow Alert. Charge phaser banks and load torpedo tubes one and two. Shields up."� he said, not taking any chances. If this was indeed a rogue ship, he wanted to go in ready.

He nodded to the Ops crewmen, who opened a direct line to the Shran- priority one.

=/\= USS Shran, USS Shran this is Captain Dylan Torngate onboard the Starship Inquisitor. Heave to and prepare to be boarded. Acknowledge. =/\=
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 08:56:54 pm by Kinley Garrison »
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2017, 05:59:02 pm »
Bridge

Katcha, who had barely arrived on the Bridge for shift herself, completed her handover then looked at T'Ra.

[Bridge]

The Trill's eyes widened at the mention of an assassination plot. Who would want to kill the Federation President? And why? Having an admiral act strangely in such a situation was unsettling. Lowering her voice, she answered, "That does not sound promising... I wouldn't be thrilled with this information under normal circumstances, but we also have cadets aboard. If those ships end up causing trouble, I'm not entirely sure how we would fare, let alone with the cadets here. I'll have engineering go over our systems again en route to ensure all systems are working properly. And if there's anything else you need, just say so."

[10 Hours later, Bridge]

After hearing about their situation from T'Ra earlier, Caelene had quickly gotten to work - getting the engineers started on their tasks, checking on the cadets, and then getting herself some sleep. Once she'd gotten something to eat, she had headed straight back to the bridge. Some familiar faces were there already.

Listening to Kachina, Caelene frowned slightly as she logged into the engineering console. They'd already been at emergency speed for quite some time. A notification popped up on her screen, indicating that Engineering had decreased how long the injectors were open for as the efficiency had dropped with the additional strain on the engines. Her eyes quickly looked over the system overview, taking in their current status.

"Everything looks fine as far as Engineering goes," Caelene told T'Ra, turning towards her. "We did have to modify the adjustments I made, but we're still at higher efficiency than we were originally. We may need to adjust further as well."

[Bridge]

T'Ra simply nodded in response to the new ETA, resisting the temptation to shift restlessly from one foot to another. Whatever her unease, she couldn't let it show. To the best of her ability, she had to maintain her "Vulcan mask".

"I understand, Miss Tam," she replied as the Chief Engineer resumed a position at the corresponding bridge console. "I'm not sure what more can be done for the moment, but keep up the good work." Having such a large ship had its pros and cons. It had more space and breathing room than a smaller ship, but it was not nearly as agile and it was far more prone to breaking down... or running into something. The Trill officer was doing everything she could to play with the numbers to boost efficiency and work it to their advantage, but even she could not break the rules of physics.

=/\= USS Shran, USS Shran this is Captain Dylan Torngate onboard the Starship Inquisitor. Heave to and prepare to be boarded. Acknowledge. =/\=

T'Ra couldn't help but furrow a brow. "Filitov, what's their position?" She supposed it was only inevitable, but things had suddenly got more serious. Time to get a move on. =^=Jones to Inzjana,=^= she began, tapping her badge. =^=How well do you know the Academy, Lieutenant?=^=
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 08:57:36 pm by Kinley Garrison »

-Evan Buehler

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Three year award Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2017, 11:47:36 pm »
[Bridge - Shran]

James heard the message from Torngate and he shook his head. This was the moment that he was waiting for.  He was being stopped by Starfleet.  James knew that it was part of the plan.  They meant to stop him from reaching his target.

"Damn it!" James said out loud as he heard the name.

The name reminded him of Dylan Torngate he was the Captain of the Challenger, which was an Excelsior class ship which was a bucket of bolts.  However, this time he was armed with two Sovereignvesels which were enough firepower to take him down.

James looked at the crew and said "Put me shipwide"

=/\= This is the Captain, we are heading towards Earth, which we encountered two Sovereigns vessels.  They are probably ordered to stop us.  We can't follow those orders.  If we stop, most likely the President will die.  We have to power through.  Anyone that objects to this course of action please let know your superiors and I will make a note of it on the ship's log.  This is for the very survival of the Federation.  This is now a drill.  We will triumph for the survival of the Federation!=/\=

As he finished he looked at the Ops officer and

=/\= This is Captain James A. Hawke of the Shran to the Inquisitor, we do not recognize your authority to board our ship.  If you attempt any hostile action, we will defend ourselves accordingly =/\=

As he finished he looked at his Executive Officer "Commander, prepare for ship separation.  We will get to Earth at all cost, even if I have to sacrifice the Shran in the process"
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 08:58:06 pm by Kinley Garrison »

Click on the Badge to see bio

Offline Kachina Filitov

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2017, 06:20:08 am »
[Bridge]

T'Ra simply nodded in response to the new ETA, resisting the temptation to shift restlessly from one foot to another. Whatever her unease, she couldn't let it show. To the best of her ability, she had to maintain her "Vulcan mask".

"I understand, Miss Tam," she replied as the Chief Engineer resumed a position at the corresponding bridge console. "I'm not sure what more can be done for the moment, but keep up the good work." Having such a large ship had its pros and cons. It had more space and breathing room than a smaller ship, but it was not nearly as agile — and it was far more prone to breaking down... or running into something. The Trill officer was doing everything she could to play with the numbers to boost efficiency and work it to their advantage, but even she could not break the rules of physics.

T'Ra couldn't help but furrow a brow. "Filitov, what's their position?" She supposed it was only inevitable, but things had suddenly got more serious. Time to get a move on. =^=Jones to Inzjana,=^= she began, tapping her badge. =^=How well do you know the Academy, Lieutenant?=^=

Bridge

Katcha looked at the navigational sensors and turned to T'Ra.

"Ze USS Inquisitor is on an intercept course and at our combined speed vill be on top of us vizin 10 minutes. Zere is anozzer ship, ze USS Murphy according to ze signal, zat a nozzer 10 minutes behind zem." She reported.

[Bridge – Shran]

James heard the message from Torngate and he shook his head. This was the moment that he was waiting for.  He was being stopped by Starfleet.  James knew that it was part of the plan.  They meant to stop him from reaching his target.

"Damn it!" James said out loud as he heard the name.

The name reminded him of Dylan Torngate he was the Captain of the Challenger, which was an Excelsior class ship which was a bucket of bolts.  However, this time he was armed with two Sovereignvesels which were enough firepower to take him down.

James looked at the crew and said "Put me shipwide"

=/\= This is the Captain, we are heading towards Earth, which we encountered two Sovereigns vessels.  They are probably ordered to stop us.  We can't follow those orders.  If we stop, most likely the President will die.  We have to power through.  Anyone that objects to this course of action please let know your superiors and I will make a note of it on the ship's log.  This is for the very survival of the Federation.  This is now a drill.  We will triumph for the survival of the Federation!=/\=

As he finished he looked at the Ops officer and

=/\= This is Captain James A. Hawke of the Shran to the Inquisitor, we do not recognize your authority to board our ship.  If you attempt any hostile action, we will defend ourselves accordingly =/\=

As he finished he looked at his Executive Officer "Commander, prepare for ship separation.  We will get to Earth at all cost, even if I have to sacrifice the Shran in the process"

Katcha looked at Hawke in something akin to shock. She knew Captain Torngate. That he was demanding that they stop and be boarded was worrying. It was clear that something was going on and she needed to make a decision. She looked directly at Hawke.

"If you are certain of ze information Keptin zen I vill follow your orders. But if zere is ze slightest doubt of zis intelligence, ze ve should heave to!" She addressed the Captain directly, wanting to make her position clear.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 08:58:41 pm by Kinley Garrison »

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles