Author Topic: Athena Mission 2.9: Perfect Paradise  (Read 44541 times)

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Athena Mission 2.9: Perfect Paradise
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2017, 03:22:49 am »
[Bridge]

Carter's eyes remained fixed on the display in front of him. "Helm, make an adjustment. Clockwise, YAW 48 degrees, Pitch negative 32 degrees. Increase speed by a factor of four." The captain commanded. "Once the ship has realigned I need scans dead ahead roughly eighty-six thousand kilometeres out. There's a planet that shouldn't be there and I want to find out what it is." As he finally moved towards his seat in the center of the bridge and tapped his comm badge. =/\= Commander Naria, please come to the bridge. I have something I need to show you. =/\=
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 02:04:54 pm by James Carter »

Offline Leonard T. Scott

• Flight Control Instructor
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • May fortune favor the foolish
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2017, 07:01:44 pm »
[Bridge]

Carter's eyes remained fixed on the display in front of him. "Helm, make an adjustment. Clockwise, YAW 48 degrees, Pitch negative 32 degrees. Increase speed by a factor of four." The captain commanded. "Once the ship has realigned I need scans dead ahead roughly eighty-six thousand kilometeres out. There's a planet that shouldn't be there and I want to find out what it is." As he finally moved towards his seat in the center of the bridge and tapped his comm badge. =/\= Commander Naria, please come to the bridge. I have something I need to show you. =/\=

Leo turned his head to reply.

"Aye, sir," he said calmly as he tapped the console. "Anything else at the moment? Should I set up some evasive maneuvers just in case they are needed?"

This planet was eerily reminiscent of the one they found when he and Cat met. It too popped out of nowhere and with no warning. He wanted to make sure extra precautions were taken this time around.

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2017, 01:36:13 pm »
Leo turned his head to reply.

"Aye, sir," he said calmly as he tapped the console. "Anything else at the moment? Should I set up some evasive maneuvers just in case they are needed?"

This planet was eerily reminiscent of the one they found when he and Cat met. It too popped out of nowhere and with no warning. He wanted to make sure extra precautions were taken this time around.

[Bridge]

James eyes looked carefully at the view screen and then over to Leo. "No. Let's see what scans show us first. Unless you have a bad read on the situation, in which case go with your gut on this one." His right hand drummed their fingers on the seat beside him. He didn't like unknowns, you could never have a 'best' plan when you don't know all of the variables, and this was one of those cases. =/\= Ms. Carter, can you report to the bridge please? I'd like your eyes on something. =/\=

Offline Kyle Bytes

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2017, 05:21:25 pm »
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 05:24:04 pm by Kyle "Psi" Bytes »

Offline Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2017, 06:05:10 pm »
[Mess Hall]

The Executive Officer did her best force a smile for the other woman. Cooking was not, nor had it ever been, one of her strong points. Most of the time she simply relied on the replicators to provide her meals, but she was trying to force herself out of her comfort zone and get to know more of the crew and civilians on board.

"I ummm...," she stumbled with her words for a moment as she tried to find the best way to phrase it. "I don't know if I have time for that at the moment. Perhaps another time. For now I think it would be best if I got my meal to go so that I can return to my work."

t wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the full truth either. She just hated voicing what she perceived as a shortcoming. She had always prided herself on diving headfirst into things and learning everything about them that she possibly could, but domestic skills like cooking had never been a priority to her.
How... odd. Hmm... She gave her head a little shake and continued into the kitchen, letting the door close behind her.

Ash grabbed the stack of recipes by where she had pinned them by her storage shelves along the back and started flipping through them. It was tricky finding some of the ingredients... Well, if she was being honest, it was difficult finding most of them. Most of the shakes had an edible plant base, but the species listed in the recipes weren't exactly lying around the Athena. She'd have to make special requests for the bryophytes next time they were at a base. And then she'd have to call in a favor with Zac'kai in science to see if she could find somewhere to grow the things. As it was, all she had been able to find for the time being was Cetraria islandica. Which, according to every book she referenced, was supposed to taste surprisingly good... Well, take one. Here we go...

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Three year award Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2017, 08:16:45 pm »
[Medical Bay - Caleb's Office]

If it wasn't for the fact that she was due on the Bridge soon as well as speak to Wendy on the way out, Katheryn could quite happily remain down here with Caleb and Buddy but of course knew that they were both busy and when he said that he couldn't wait to have some relaxing time with her she smiled knowing how much both of them needed it.

" I can't wait either Cal especially with the wedding coming up fast " she replied before he spoke about Buddy then told her the happy news about Jenna and Molly. " I had a feeling he would help with that and I know how much you miss the both of us when you pull a double shift " she said then looked at the photo on Caleb's desk.

" I'm happy for them both and I'm glad they realised their feelings for one another just like we did" she said before reaching into her uniform pocket and placing a small decorative box in front of Caleb. " Before I go I wanted to give you this, my mum sent it after I was unable to find it in the ships database".

Once Caleb opened it he would find a viking inspired pendant inside.

[ Medical Bay - Caleb's Office]

Caleb's eyes lit up when he saw the pendant. "Babe I love it," he said as he held the pendant in his hand. He then put it on a smiled. "How's it look?" he asked. Buddy then mewed very loudly. Caleb then chuckled as he walked over to look at Buddy. "I think he approves," Caleb said with a chuckle.

He walked over and kissed Katheryn. He held her close for the moment. He was glad to have a moment to be with her. Their swapped schedules took some getting used to, but he missed extended time with her. "I cannot wait for our wedding. We will get a few days to ourselves and that is one of the best gifts,"Caleb said.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Offline Arrun Dihsar

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Knowing your destiny is only half the journey.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2017, 08:24:36 pm »
[Turbolift]

Leo was nearly to the bridge when he his commbadge went off again.

=/\=Scott to Arrun, you can go ahead and dump it in the computer for now. Once I get to my station on the bridge, I'll give it a look over. For now, I'd like you to be on stand-by in case the Captain needs something in hurry.=/\=

With that, Leo headed into the bridge and took his seat. After he checked all the vectors and the current speeds, he dove into the plans. Arrun was very skilled at these. Leo quickly signed off on them and forwarded them to the Captain. Things were running smoothly, but Leo knew that that was usually when things started to go awry.

[Flight Control Centre]

With the report dumped for Lt. Scott to review, Arrun made his way to the shuttlebay. Once in the shuttlebay he began a cursory inspection of all the shuttles aboard, looking for faults or anything out of the ordinary. Even though he was on standby, he was expected to keep busy on his own initiative. From time to time he would note one oddity or another, but the crew was largely quite skilled and knew their work. Most of what he found was minor things, a scuff there, an odd tint to the shuttlecraft glass, and so on.

All the while, it never entered into his mind that the ship was on approach to a planet. Indeed, from his readings, he had not seen anything of the sort on charts or on the long-range readings. As far as Arrun was concerned, they were still on thier normal patrol route.

Offline Katheryn Brighton

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2017, 08:07:50 am »
[ Medical Bay - Caleb's Office]

Caleb's eyes lit up when he saw the pendant. "Babe I love it," he said as he held the pendant in his hand. He then put it on a smiled. "How's it look?" he asked. Buddy then mewed very loudly. Caleb then chuckled as he walked over to look at Buddy. "I think he approves," Caleb said with a chuckle.

He walked over and kissed Katheryn. He held her close for the moment. He was glad to have a moment to be with her. Their swapped schedules took some getting used to, but he missed extended time with her. "I cannot wait for our wedding. We will get a few days to ourselves and that is one of the best gifts,"Caleb said.

[Bridge]

James eyes looked carefully at the view screen and then over to Leo. "No. Let's see what scans show us first. Unless you have a bad read on the situation, in which case go with your gut on this one." His right hand drummed their fingers on the seat beside him. He didn't like unknowns, you could never have a 'best' plan when you don't know all of the variables, and this was one of those cases. =/\= Ms. Carter, can you report to the bridge please? I'd like your eyes on something. =/\=

Katheryn smiled seeing Caleb's reaction to the pendant, she had a feeling that he would love it but actually hearing it from him was better than anything she could imagine. " I'm glad you do my love and I think he does approve " She replied as Buddy gave an appreciative meow when Caleb put the pendant on . " As do I " she added before he walked over to her, responding to his tender kiss as he then held her close and spoke about their wedding and them being able to have a few days on their own and that the pendant was one of the best gifts he had received.

She knew their shift pattern had changed and it was taking some getting used to which made moments like this even more special " I can't wait either Cal and it's a family tradition to receive one of those and since your now a member mum and I agreed that it only seemed fitting for you to have yours now " she revealed just before the Captain's voice echoed through her comm badge and she knew she had to get to the Bridge asap hearing the urgency in his voice.

Letting go of Caleb slightly so she could reach up and respond  =/\= Carter to Captain, understood I'm on my way  =/\=

Turning her attention to Cal " Duty calls but I shall see you later, I promise " she said before kissing him lightly then playfully escaped from his arms to give Buddy an affectionate pat then paused at the doorway to blow him one last kiss. Smiling as she walked away from his office, she was about to reach the exit when Wendy came over with a hypo in her hand.

" Katheryn I can see that your busy but I can't let you go without your vitamin shot" she said as she stopped next to Katheryn.

" I have to get to the Bridge but sure go ahead and give me the shot" Katheryn replied knowing that she wouldn't be able to leave it any longer. Wendy nodded and quickly pressed the hypo against her neck and once she was done, Katheryn thanked her before continuing on her way to the nearest turbolift.

[Bridge]

Katheryn stepped out onto the Bridge as the lift doors swished open unsure as to why she had been called but if the Captain had wanted her to check something then that's what she would do and give her opinion especially if it concerned a potential threat to the ship and crew. She soon spotted him and walked over.

" You wanted to see me Captain?".

Academy Commandant

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2017, 01:08:10 pm »

Katheryn smiled seeing Caleb's reaction to the pendant, she had a feeling that he would love it but actually hearing it from him was better than anything she could imagine. " I'm glad you do my love and I think he does approve " She replied as Buddy gave an appreciative meow when Caleb put the pendant on . " As do I " she added before he walked over to her, responding to his tender kiss as he then held her close and spoke about their wedding and them being able to have a few days on their own and that the pendant was one of the best gifts he had received.

She knew their shift pattern had changed and it was taking some getting used to which made moments like this even more special " I can't wait either Cal and it's a family tradition to receive one of those and since your now a member mum and I agreed that it only seemed fitting for you to have yours now " she revealed just before the Captain's voice echoed through her comm badge and she knew she had to get to the Bridge asap hearing the urgency in his voice.

Letting go of Caleb slightly so she could reach up and respond  =/\= Carter to Captain, understood I'm on my way  =/\=

Turning her attention to Cal " Duty calls but I shall see you later, I promise " she said before kissing him lightly then playfully escaped from his arms to give Buddy an affectionate pat then paused at the doorway to blow him one last kiss. Smiling as she walked away from his office, she was about to reach the exit when Wendy came over with a hypo in her hand.

" Katheryn I can see that your busy but I can't let you go without your vitamin shot" she said as she stopped next to Katheryn.

" I have to get to the Bridge but sure go ahead and give me the shot" Katheryn replied knowing that she wouldn't be able to leave it any longer. Wendy nodded and quickly pressed the hypo against her neck and once she was done, Katheryn thanked her before continuing on her way to the nearest turbolift.

[Bridge]

Katheryn stepped out onto the Bridge as the lift doors swished open unsure as to why she had been called but if the Captain had wanted her to check something then that's what she would do and give her opinion especially if it concerned a potential threat to the ship and crew. She soon spotted him and walked over.

" You wanted to see me Captain?".

[Bridge]

James sat, unusually quiet in the center of the room. How was an Earth-like planet uncharted in a place like this. When Katheryn arrived asking what he wanted he finally raised his right hand and pointed his index finger directly at the screen. "That, Ms. Carter, should not be there. A Class M that was never charted in a pretty well explored region of space." His voice was flat, yet carried a strange since if interest to it. The Captain's hand returned back to the seat and tapped on its arm absent-mindedluly. "The only thing Mr. Bytes scan showed us is what I just told you. Being my head of security, I wanted to hear your thoughts. Though, I've probably already had the same ones."

Offline Katheryn Brighton

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2017, 01:59:22 pm »
[Bridge]

James sat, unusually quiet in the center of the room. How was an Earth-like planet uncharted in a place like this. When Katheryn arrived asking what he wanted he finally raised his right hand and pointed his index finger directly at the screen. "That, Ms. Carter, should not be there. A Class M that was never charted in a pretty well explored region of space." His voice was flat, yet carried a strange since if interest to it. The Captain's hand returned back to the seat and tapped on its arm absent-mindedluly. "The only thing Mr. Bytes scan showed us is what I just told you. Being my head of security, I wanted to hear your thoughts. Though, I've probably already had the same ones."

[Bridge]

At the mention of an M class planet that shouldn't be here, her interest was immediately peeked as she looked towards the viewscreen and saw what the Captain was pointing too. She listened as he then explained that Mr Bytes's scan had yielded the same results and now understood why he had called her to the Bridge.

He was right as his Head of Security it was only a natural for him to want to hear her thoughts on the matter and looked at the planet a little more intently as if it would speak to her. " It's definitely strange why its shown up now when there's no record of it and naturally its a mystery that needs investigating although I recommend caution if we do and that the ship be put on yellow alert until we're able to get more information" she replied thinking it may be completely harmless but didn't want to take that risk especially when it came to the crew and ship.

Academy Commandant

Offline Susan Venator

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • 'One man's "magic" is another man's engineering!'
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2017, 02:09:54 pm »
[Bridge]

Bridge

When the Captain had taken his seat, Suzie had sat at one of the auxiliary consoles so she could keep an eye on Bytes and assist if she was needed.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2017, 06:50:10 pm »
How... odd. Hmm... She gave her head a little shake and continued into the kitchen, letting the door close behind her.

Ash grabbed the stack of recipes by where she had pinned them by her storage shelves along the back and started flipping through them. It was tricky finding some of the ingredients... Well, if she was being honest, it was difficult finding most of them. Most of the shakes had an edible plant base, but the species listed in the recipes weren't exactly lying around the Athena. She'd have to make special requests for the bryophytes next time they were at a base. And then she'd have to call in a favor with Zac'kai in science to see if she could find somewhere to grow the things. As it was, all she had been able to find for the time being was Cetraria islandica. Which, according to every book she referenced, was supposed to taste surprisingly good... Well, take one. Here we go...
[Bridge]

[Mess Hall]

Naira waited patiently as the other woman prepared her drink. Perhaps some other time she would take the time to work in the kitchen and maybe learn a few things, but not today. As Ms Morgaine had suggested, she could even bring the girls along so that they could help out. She was sure that Lurels would enjoy it if nothing else. When he beverage was finished and handed to her in a thermos, she smiled once more and thanked the woman.

Turning her back to the counter, she responded to the comm message. =/\= I'm on my way. =/\=

She tucked the thermos under her arm and headed straight for turbolift.

[Bridge]

[Bridge]

At the mention of an M class planet that shouldn't be here, her interest was immediately peeked as she looked towards the viewscreen and saw what the Captain was pointing too. She listened as he then explained that Mr Bytes's scan had yielded the same results and now understood why he had called her to the Bridge.

He was right as his Head of Security it was only a natural for him to want to hear her thoughts on the matter and looked at the planet a little more intently as if it would speak to her. " It's definitely strange why its shown up now when there's no record of it and naturally its a mystery that needs investigating although I recommend caution if we do and that the ship be put on yellow alert until we're able to get more information" she replied thinking it may be completely harmless but didn't want to take that risk especially when it came to the crew and ship.

[Bridge]

By the time she got to the Bridge, Naira found the Captain in the middle of a conversation with the Chief Security Officer. They were discussing an M class planet that handn't been charted? that was odd. Surely there had to be a good reason for that.

"What do we know of the region? Who control's the territory?" She set her beverage down in her seat as she continued to walk around and talk. "When we are close enough to do a thorough scan of the planet, I'd suggest we scan it for any lifeforms, check for signs of a civilization and send in a probe to see what information we can gather. While it is unusual that we know nothing of this planet, it could serve some significance to another species in the area or at the time that the region was being scanned it could have been too dangerous for ship to get close enough to scan it. I'd advise we use caution either way."

Offline T'Lara

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2017, 08:24:12 pm »
[Bridge]

By the time she got to the Bridge, Naira found the Captain in the middle of a conversation with the Chief Security Officer. They were discussing an M class planet that handn't been charted? that was odd. Surely there had to be a good reason for that.

"What do we know of the region? Who control's the territory?" She set her beverage down in her seat as she continued to walk around and talk. "When we are close enough to do a thorough scan of the planet, I'd suggest we scan it for any lifeforms, check for signs of a civilization and send in a probe to see what information we can gather. While it is unusual that we know nothing of this planet, it could serve some significance to another species in the area or at the time that the region was being scanned it could have been too dangerous for ship to get close enough to scan it. I'd advise we use caution either way."

[Bridge]

Overhearing the conversations and tuning in to the XO's in particular, T'Lara started checking over the scanning systems and running diagnostics. This ship was new since she'd left the Athena many months ago, but the layout was almost completely identical and her hands flew deftly over the controls as she worked. Looking over at Dravor, she noticed that the woman was also checking over her console. She cleared her throat to get her attention.

"When we get close enough to the planet I would like you to begin and monitor scans and I will work with Ops to launch and monitor the probe," she requested.

"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."

Offline Kyle Bytes

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2017, 10:43:46 pm »
[Bridge]

[bridge]

Psi had a twisted sense of humor. When the Captain said that planet does not belong there. These thoughts came to the Cadet. SECURITY BREECH IN THIS PART OF SPACE. CUFF IT AND YANK IT AWAY FOR TRESPASSING he was a smiling inside when he thought of that. Thank God he did say it.

The fun part scanning the planet. Psi was getting excited. Playing with the sensors and trouble shooting out to get info was his expert. There were better people then he was. That Vulcan lady could have better skills then him. But he would make sound more exciting when he discovers it. So his mind was starting tactic to scan the planet when they got closed.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 10:51:06 pm by Kyle "Psi" Bytes »

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2017, 01:29:06 pm »
[Bridge]

[Mess Hall]

Naira waited patiently as the other woman prepared her drink. Perhaps some other time she would take the time to work in the kitchen and maybe learn a few things, but not today. As Ms Morgaine had suggested, she could even bring the girls along so that they could help out. She was sure that Lurels would enjoy it if nothing else. When he beverage was finished and handed to her in a thermos, she smiled once more and thanked the woman.

Turning her back to the counter, she responded to the comm message. =/\= I'm on my way. =/\=

She tucked the thermos under her arm and headed straight for turbolift.

[Bridge]

[Bridge]

James nodded, thinking carefully. "The region is neutral. While there are several known civilizations, there are none that have reached warp capabilities yet. Or at least, none to our knowledge. Other federation ships have charted the area, however we're nearing the boundaries of charted space. It's possible a sensor malfunction caused the planet to be uncharted, but I'd doubt that. Let's go to yellow alert, once we're close enough scan for life-forms." The Captain commanded. His voice tried to keep up with his mind and nearly failed on several occasions. He tried to think of all the situational outcomes and the consequences that would follow, but without all the variables there were too many options. Most of them were pretty boring.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles