Athena Mission 2.9: Perfect Paradise

Started by James Carter, November 01, 2017, 12:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle Bytes

[Bridge]

Kyle was feeling sleepy now because there was no real challenge to distract him. He wished he could attempt small talk, but he would be out of line. He was still a shiny cadet on the Athena.

Checking the sensors around the ship, inside the ship for any sign of trouble or interest happenings.

There was none for now. He had turned his attention back to the main screen to adore the sight. It was impressive. It was amazing how much exploring by species like humans to Klingons. There were still advance species with better technology then Starfleet. There were the beginnings of new species flying their first space rocket into space. It was poetic in its own way. A cycle of the seals on a planet like Earth.

Turning over to look at the Captain's chair with the Ensign with the highest rank on the bridge. Kyle had wondered did that chair made people change to think they are better. Would he be among them? He was not sure.

It was best to break the silence. "Sir, all seem to be quiet with sensors,"  he reported.

T'Lara

Before James could finish looking at the PADD his door chime rang again. His eyes darted to the now closed door and his head tilted slightly to the left. "Enter." His eyes remained fixed on the door, waiting to see who was waiting this time.

[Ready Room]

T'Lara picked up the sound of the captain speaking with someone else inside, but since she had already rang the chime she had no choice but to interrupt their discussion. Upon entering she was greeted with the sight of an Andorian wearing a teal uniform matching her own.

"Dravor,"she thought to herself. If she was not mistaken, this was one of the cadet transfers in her department. She experienced a few seconds of excitement at the prospect of working with someone who was neither Vulcan nor human, as she had been accustomed to doing as of late. But thanks to her earlier meditation, this emotion was absent from her face. Her eyes diverted from her and settled on Captain Carter.

"My apologies for the interruption, Captain, but it shall be brief barring any complications." She handed over the PADD with the transfer orders. "Permission to come aboard, sir?" she inquired with the tiniest hint of a smile.   

"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."

Leonard T. Scott

[Turbolift]

Leo was nearly to the bridge when he his commbadge went off again.

Quote from: Arrun Dihsar on November 04, 2017, 03:59:21 AM

=/\= Arrun to Lieutenant Scott, I have the latest updates on the passage plans and navigational data. Do you want me to dump my report to the main computer for your signoff later or would you like me to bring it to you? =/\=

=/\=Scott to Arrun, you can go ahead and dump it in the computer for now. Once I get to my station on the bridge, I'll give it a look over. For now, I'd like you to be on stand-by in case the Captain needs something in hurry.=/\=

With that, Leo headed into the bridge and took his seat. After he checked all the vectors and the current speeds, he dove into the plans. Arrun was very skilled at these. Leo quickly signed off on them and forwarded them to the Captain. Things were running smoothly, but Leo knew that that was usually when things started to go awry.

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

James Carter

[Ready Room]

James quickly came to a stand and offered a warm smile as T'Lara handed the transfer order over. "I'm glad to have you back Lieutenant." Carter replied softly before pausing slightly. After a moment he motioned to the door and spoke again. "Ladies, we should get to work. Ms. Dravor, after shift meet me back here and we'll discuss working you into our normal shift rotations." Once he'd finished speaking he left for the bridge.

[Bridge]

James slowly strolled across the floor of the bridge on the way to his chair. But this time something caught his eye on the astrometrics display. He'd seen the star charts hundreds of times. They were burned into his memories for the entire foreseeable future. But on the display was an uncharted planet. It was something that someone who hadn't analyzed the charts throughly likely wouldn't have noticed.

He'd almost walked straight passed the console but stopped dead in his tracks and took a few steps backwards. His eyes fixed on the anomaly and his head cocked slightly to the left. "Huh. That's....different." James' mind raced as he thought on the new discovery.

Kyle Bytes

Quote from: James Carter on November 05, 2017, 10:39:25 AM

[Ready Room]

James quickly came to a stand and offered a warm smile as T'Lara handed the transfer order over. "I'm glad to have you back Lieutenant." Carter replied softly before pausing slightly. After a moment he motioned to the door and spoke again. "Ladies, we should get to work. Ms. Dravor, after shift meet me back here and we'll discuss working you into our normal shift rotations." Once he'd finished speaking he left for the bridge.

[Bridge]

James slowly strolled across the floor of the bridge on the way to his chair. But this time something caught his eye on the astrometrics display. He'd seen the star charts hundreds of times. They were burned into his memories for the entire foreseeable future. But on the display was an uncharted planet. It was something that someone who hadn't analyzed the charts throughly likely wouldn't have noticed.

He'd almost walked straight passed the console but stopped dead in his tracks and took a few steps backwards. His eyes fixed on the anomaly and his head cocked slightly to the left. "Huh. That's....different." James' mind raced as he thought on the new discovery.

[bridge]

Cadet Bytes took that as a sign from the head cheese. He started to do scan on the area they see in the screen. He was doing regular ones of short to see there was in space.

"Sir, I attempting to scan, b-but can give us a hint,"he asked. His stuttering was very low. That was good.

Susan Venator

[Ready Room]

[Bridge]

Bridge

When the Captain entered from the Ready Room, Suzie immediately stood up. She was about to do the standard handover when he stopped and looked at the star charts. She stepped to one side of the command chair and waited while he finished.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

T'Lara

[Ready Room]

[Ready Room]

T'Lara nodded in acknowledgment as Carter stood. When he affirmed that the crewman next to her was indeed Dravor she motioned for her not to follow the captain out.

"Greetings, Cadet Dravor. I am Lieutenant T'Lara and I believe you and I will be working together, at least for the foreseeable future. It is agreeable to be making your acquaintance."

The gesture felt empty without a handshake, but she was still used to interacting with only Vulcans and achieving an acceptable comfort level with engaging in human customs would take some time. She waited for Dravor to respond.

"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."

Naira

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on November 02, 2017, 05:47:45 PM

[Mess Hall]

Ash nodded at the woman's question. She had, indeed, received the recipes - although, with spending so much time recovering from the spider incident, she had been a little behind lately. "I've got the recipes, and I even requested the ingredients... But I haven't tried making any of them yet. If you wanted, I can get you one right now - but it will be a first attempt - I mean, that shouldn't be a problem - the recipes don't look that difficult - I just usually try things out first before I serve them - but it's up to you." Ash tried not to fiddle with her hands as she spoke. She wasn't nervous... Well, not really nervous. She just didn't like disappointing people.

"In the past, I've had crew members come and take a turn in the kitchen, showing me how things are done. I get a lot of my recipes that way. The other half are from cookbooks - my friend Catrin sends me them all the time. Mostly dessert books if I'm being honest... But, umm, anyway. If you wanted to step into the kitchen after I finish laying this fruit salsa out, you could maybe walk me through how you like the shakes made?" Ash offered the Commander a smile as she laid out another set of bowls at the end of the bar, then picked up her tray to move throughout the sitting area.

[Mess Hall]

The Executive Officer did her best force a smile for the other woman. Cooking was not, nor had it ever been, one of her strong points. Most of the time she simply relied on the replicators to provide her meals, but she was trying to force herself out of her comfort zone and get to know more of the crew and civilians on board.

"I ummm...," she stumbled with her words for a moment as she tried to find the best way to phrase it. "I don't know if I have time for that at the moment. Perhaps another time. For now I think it would be best if I got my meal to go so that I can return to my work."

t wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the full truth either. She just hated voicing what she perceived as a shortcoming. She had always prided herself on diving headfirst into things and learning everything about them that she possibly could, but domestic skills like cooking had never been a priority to her.

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on November 04, 2017, 08:14:19 AM

[Medical Bay - Caleb's Office]

When Caleb made no comment over her large breakfast request other than adding orange juice and ketchup she smiled knowing he knew her well enough to not think it too strange given the nature of their shifts. " You know me well my love " she replied as he then replicated a large spread of food for them to enjoy and also the wet food that Buddy always favoured over the others they had tried him on.

Enjoying their family time as they ate without the need to talk simply making the most of being able to spend quality time together before they had to return to normality and work. Sitting back contently once they were finished and Caleb then disposed of their empty dishes, petting Buddy as he then curled up on his bed.

" I think someone is tired again" she said looking over at the sleepy kitten " I'm glad we did this my love and I'm already looking forward to spending some more time with you once our shifts are finished maybe watch a movie and just relax in our quarters" she suggested.

[ Medical Bay - Caleb's Office ]

After hearing Katheryn's suggestion, Caleb smiled. He took a bite of food and swallowed it before he responded. "I cannot wait to have some relaxing time with you," He said. Buddy had finished eating and mewoed politely to let Caleb know. Caleb got up and scratched behind his ears as he took the bowl so that it could be cleaned in the replicator. It then turned into a bowl of water and he put it up so Buddy could get a drink.

"I think I like having him here. He can keep me company while I look over files between patients," Caleb said. "That and I miss him like hell on those double shifts" He sat down and then looked at his photos. "Oh I forgot to tell you. Jenna finally asked Molly out and they have been dating for a while. Look at their photo together," Caleb said turning the photo of Jenna and Molly toward her.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on November 06, 2017, 01:21:16 PM

[ Medical Bay - Caleb's Office ]

After hearing Katheryn's suggestion, Caleb smiled. He took a bite of food and swallowed it before he responded. "I cannot wait to have some relaxing time with you," He said. Buddy had finished eating and mewoed politely to let Caleb know. Caleb got up and scratched behind his ears as he took the bowl so that it could be cleaned in the replicator. It then turned into a bowl of water and he put it up so Buddy could get a drink.

"I think I like having him here. He can keep me company while I look over files between patients," Caleb said. "That and I miss him like hell on those double shifts" He sat down and then looked at his photos. "Oh I forgot to tell you. Jenna finally asked Molly out and they have been dating for a while. Look at their photo together," Caleb said turning the photo of Jenna and Molly toward her.

[Medical Bay - Caleb's Office]

If it wasn't for the fact that she was due on the Bridge soon as well as speak to Wendy on the way out, Katheryn could quite happily remain down here with Caleb and Buddy but of course knew that they were both busy and when he said that he couldn't wait to have some relaxing time with her she smiled knowing how much both of them needed it.

" I can't wait either Cal especially with the wedding coming up fast " she replied before he spoke about Buddy then told her the happy news about Jenna and Molly. " I had a feeling he would help with that and I know how much you miss the both of us when you pull a double shift " she said then looked at the photo on Caleb's desk.

" I'm happy for them both and I'm glad they realised their feelings for one another just like we did" she said before reaching into her uniform pocket and placing a small decorative box in front of Caleb. " Before I go I wanted to give you this, my mum sent it after I was unable to find it in the ships database".

Once Caleb opened it he would find a viking inspired pendant inside.

Academy Commandant

Sharhira Dravor

[Ready Room]

[Ready Room]

Nodded in acknowledgement, "Aye Sir" slowly standing as the Captain motioned towards the door.

Quote from: T'Lara on November 05, 2017, 07:42:32 PM

[Ready Room]

T'Lara nodded in acknowledgment as Carter stood. When he affirmed that the crewman next to her was indeed Dravor she motioned for her not to follow the captain out.

"Greetings, Cadet Dravor. I am Lieutenant T'Lara and I believe you and I will be working together, at least for the foreseeable future. It is agreeable to be making your acquaintance."

The gesture felt empty without a handshake, but she was still used to interacting with only Vulcans and achieving an acceptable comfort level with engaging in human customs would take some time. She waited for Dravor to respond.

Stood to attention as the Lieutenant greeted her, a smile spreading across her face

"Greetings to you as well Lieutenant, fortuitous that you are here, you were next on my list to meet."

Though to a human onlooker this exchange may have seemed a little awkward the unemotional and functional Vulcan style of greeting meshed rather well with her own sense of discipline. The 'by the numbers' way suited her meticulous mind. For a moment wondering if their similarities were what drove their planets to conflict all those centuries ago. Shaking her thoughts back to the moment.

"The Captain suggested I take over at the science station but obviously your authority supersedes mine, and I shall defer to your judgement" Pausing for a moment "After you" gesturing through the still open doorway through to the bridge.

T'Lara

Quote from: Sharhira Dravor on November 06, 2017, 02:06:23 PM

[Ready Room]

Stood to attention as the Lieutenant greeted her, a smile spreading across her face

"Greetings to you as well Lieutenant, fortuitous that you are here, you were next on my list to meet."

Though to a human onlooker this exchange may have seemed a little awkward the unemotional and functional Vulcan style of greeting meshed rather well with her own sense of discipline. The 'by the numbers' way suited her meticulous mind. For a moment wondering if their similarities were what drove their planets to conflict all those centuries ago. Shaking her thoughts back to the moment.

"The Captain suggested I take over at the science station but obviously your authority supersedes mine, and I shall defer to your judgement" Pausing for a moment "After you" gesturing through the still open doorway through to the bridge.

[Ready Room]

T'Lara raised an eyebrow slightly at the Captain's decision to let a cadet take over, but she quickly remembered that experience was the main goal in a cadet's training, and she would be there to guide her. To make her feel more at ease T'Lara assumed a calm, hopefully welcoming composure.

"You may take the main console if you wish. I will then work auxiliary and be there to assist you if needed."

After hearing her decision she nodded as Dravor politely ushered her out.   

Sharhira Dravor

Quote from: T'Lara on November 06, 2017, 02:40:52 PM

[Ready Room]

T'Lara raised an eyebrow slightly at the Captain's decision to let a cadet take over, but she quickly remembered that experience was the main goal in a cadet's training, and she would be there to guide her. To make her feel more at ease T'Lara assumed a calm, hopefully welcoming composure.

"You may take the main console if you wish. I will then work auxiliary and be there to assist you if needed."

After hearing her decision she nodded as Dravor politely ushered her out.

She nodded and quickly made her way out on to the bridge, crossing quickly around the outside of the pit to the science console. Finding it unmanned as was so typical when such an auxiliary station wasn't actively needed. She began tapping away at the panels, simply navigating through the many menus and familiarising herself with the current layout of the displays. Swapping the main readout on between the ships different sensor arrays and testing other essential functions. Trying to acclimatise herself to the nuances of the ship as quickly as possible whilst waiting further orders.

Kyle Bytes

Quote from: Sharhira Dravor on November 06, 2017, 03:13:23 PM

She nodded and quickly made her way out on to the bridge, crossing quickly around the outside of the pit to the science console. Finding it unmanned as was so typical when such an auxiliary station wasn't actively needed. She began tapping away at the panels, simply navigating through the many menus and familiarising herself with the current layout of the displays. Swapping the main readout on between the ships different sensor arrays and testing other essential functions. Trying to acclimatise herself to the nuances of the ship as quickly as possible whilst waiting further orders.

[bridge]

The Cadet had to take a peek of the new staff members who came marching out of the Ready Room. One was a Vulcan and the other an Andorian. It seem by there uniform they were Science department.

T'Lara

Quote from: Sharhira Dravor on November 06, 2017, 03:13:23 PM

[Bridge]

[Bridge]

As Dravor wasted no time getting onto the Bridge, T'Lara followed suit and was about to sit at the console next to her when she noticed Carter looking at something on the astrometrics display. Looking around she saw that others in Ops were also looking into whatever the matter was, so she decided to do the same. Pulling up the display on her own screen she scanned it with a well-trained eye. For awhile she saw nothing wrong with the chart until the anomaly tugged on her concentration. She couldn't decide if she'd seen the planet before, and that was enough to convince her that something was different about it since she recognized almost all the others.

"Captain, how shall we proceed?" she asked the question she assumed was on everyone's mind.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.