Post of the Month - October 2017

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, November 01, 2017, 08:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Adeyemi

It's that time again!

Jenna McKinson is a fine writer, but more than that she's an expert at juggling NPCs. Through Jenna she actually runs a handful of minor characters that revolve around her primary character. At first, I didn't know quite what to make of this but she does it so well and writes it all so wonderfully I can't balk. Much.

This month a Jenna post using her NPCs and that seamlessly furthered the plot was nominated:

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on October 20, 2017, 12:49:24 PM

[ Puzzles - NPC Post as Eliana ]

Eliana internally rolled her eyes. She had only meant to ask because Rixxy was closer. It seemed like a dead thing and she decided that it was easier to drop the subject. This was partly due to the fact that Lissy was present. There was something about the woman that Eliana couldn't place. Maybe it was the confidence the woman was emanating, but she knew that she would want to get to know this woman more.

Eliana walked over to the nearest pay station. "So are you new to the station? We have quite a few regulars here and I was just curious," Eliana asked. Normally, Lissy would be irritated at small talk, but the woman in front of her seemed different. It even made her crook a smile. "You could say in a way," Lissy said. "If you have any questions about the promenade let me know. that will be 23 credits," Eliana said. Lissy continued to smile, which would normally disgust her. However, it seemed rather easy to chat to Eliana.

[ Deck 23 ]

Jenna and Molly had just finished their work. As they were cleaning up, they were approached by a shady looking individual. He was holding two PADDs. Jenna subtly reached for her phaser. Normally she wouldn't keep it on her during a shift, but she got a nasty feeling the beginning of the day.

"These PADDs are for Ms. McKinson and Ms. Lewis," the man said. He was dressed in a StarFleet uniform. The two ladies read the message on their PADDS. The man had already left at this point. Jenna's past, which she wanted to sweep under the rug, had seemed to come back. Though her heart sank, what intrigued her was reading about the Syndicate. Though she had talked a bit about her past with Molly, she did not go into full detail. There were some things she was no proud of doing and wanted to keep a secret. She had hoped that this would not divide her and Molly. She had wondered if Molly's PADD said the same thing, but the look she gave her was all that was needed.

Though normally, they would tell Dan about things, they decided this was much more urgent. They made way toward their quarters and hid the PADDs on their person. They wanted to quickly ease into things. Jenna had hoped that she was not too rusty on things. Part of her felt a sense of dread, but the rest just wanted to get to her destination quickly. If the Syndicate was close, who knows what damage could be done if they got control of the base. Her mind went to her family and especially her sister. A message was waiting for her at her quarters, but she was so busy she did not have time to get to it.

Congrats, Jenna!

Leanna Mazal

T'Prina

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Kyan Mackenzie

Auzual Knox

I was wondering when we would be seeing one of your posts here! Great job, Jenna and congratulations!

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Catrin Maddux

Tell me your troubles and doubts. Giving me everything inside and out...

Bonnie Moors

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Solluk

Captain, I have detected a high concentration of 'Win.'

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Naira

Good job man! I didn't know one of your alt's posts were submitted for consideration as well as one from your main, but that just goes to show your level of skill and dedication.

Katheryn Brighton

Academy Commandant

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Kyle Briggs

Kinley Garrison

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

T'Ra Jones

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Fala Awen

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.