News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

S12 - M4: The Delta Quadrant Vultures

Started by Kirok, November 01, 2017, 07:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LK Reede

The head nurse tapped LK on the shoulder and said, "It's quieted down, doctor. The away team should be arriving soon." She looked down at her padd. "Ah, Mr. Wu has arrived on the bridge. Dr. Jalos is in his office."

"Great." Pulling at her exam gloves, Dr. Reede looked around the sickbay. "Get this place cleaned up, will you?"

The nurse let a small smile play about her lips. "Right on it, sir."

Tekin Nevir

Quote from: EQ Kimball on November 29, 2017, 10:26:06 PM

[Bridge]

EQ had just flipped the switch.  And suddenly there was activity.  They had done it!

-/\-We read you Away Team.  Strong and loud.  I'll patch you in to the XO-/\- Kimball said.

"Sir, I have the Away Team on line" EQ announced.  Somewhat proudly.  He held his hand up to Declan for a high five.

[Bridge]

There was a noticeable sigh of relief on the bridge as Fala's voice came through, and Nevir allowed himself another smile.

"Thank the Prophets... excellent work, Kimball."

He was about to answer when the doors opened, and Wu came him.

"Alex... excellent work out there.  We almost didn't need communication.  And yes, we've just established communications with the away team.  Ops.. get me a lock on all members of the away team.  Go for bio-signs... just in case." he said, before tapping the comm on his console.

=/\= "This is Discovery.  Sorry for the hiccup.  Inform the Admiral that we just held off an ambush by the Talaxians wielding Borg weaponry, and their surviving vessel is returning to the surface.  I also have half a mind to pull you all back.  Whats the situation down there?"  =/\=

Tekin Nevir

Quote from: Kirok on November 29, 2017, 09:05:24 PM

[Planet]

[NPC - Geefix]

Geefix looked as if he was shocked by the accusation that they had stolen the goods they were selling.  Then he balled his fist.  And was about to speak out - in anger.

Kiork simply lifted a hand to stop the outburst.  "Before you reply, please let me tell you that we have been the a planet where liberated Borg currently live.  We know that someone stole from them.  The items that are missing are here in your possession" the half Vulcan said.

"But we are to find a way to return their belonging, we would be able to honor the offer I just made.  The Alpha/Beta Quadrants have countess potential customers for you.  The trading possibilities are endless" he pointed out.

[Planet - NPC Eividx]

A buzz from his own communicator caused the Foreman to step back, while he took a look at the message.  It wasn't good.  They were in trouble.  That Federation Admiral seemed to know, and now that their ace failed... it was only a matter of time.

A bit paler, he came back and immediately went to Geefix.  Whispering as quiet as he could.

"Sir... the last fighter is on it's way back.  Operation reported failed, all but one lost.  Connection should be back any minute, and that means...." he let that last sentence drift... Geefix knew what he meant.

Fala Awen

[Planet]

As she waited to hear back from the Discovery, Awen slowly meandered back towards the tent. She did her best to remain out of earshot, but if she did happen to get through to the ship, they could have a message for her to pass on to the Admiral. As she was about to start doubling back, the sound of Nevir's voice came through her comm badge.

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on November 30, 2017, 11:18:49 AM

=/\= "This is Discovery.  Sorry for the hiccup.  Inform the Admiral that we just held off an ambush by the Talaxians wielding Borg weaponry, and their surviving vessel is returning to the surface.  I also have half a mind to pull you all back.  Whats the situation down there?"  =/\=

Hearing the message, Awen raised an eyebrow. Ambushed by the Talaxians? There was definitely something wrong about the situation. The Bajoran tapped her comm badge to reply to the Executive Officer, =A=Fala here. Admiral Kirok is currently negotiating with the Talaxian leader. We had a slight incident that has been cleared up and nobody's been hurt. I believe the Admiral was finishing up his discussion. I'll let him know what's happened, sir. It might be a good idea to maintain a transport lock on us at least, but I don't think we're in immediate danger down here.=A=

Awen hurried back into the tent and stood beside Kirok. Normally she would have tried to give him the information in private, but she felt time was of the essence and the Talaxians surely knew what their ships were doing anyway. She waited for a brief lull in the conversation and spoke up, "Admiral, I'm sorry to interrupt, but I received word from the Discovery... It seems they were ambushed by Talaxian ships that were using Borg weaponry. One of the ships survived and is returning to the surface."

Her dark eyes glanced between Geefix (NPC) and Eividx (NPC). Undoubtedly, they were both well aware of what had transpired and simply didn't tell the away team. What the admiral would do about, Awen wasn't sure. She'd given him what information she had though.

OFF: Tag Tekin, Kirok, soft tag away team

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Demlion Riverbank V

Quote from: Fala Awen on November 29, 2017, 10:19:00 PM

[Planet, Talaxian Camp]

Awen glanced around inside the tent. It seemed that Geefix was getting impatient. Probably he wanted to finish speaking with the Admiral and get them off the planet as quickly as possible. She was torn; part of her wanted to get away from these particular Talaxians as soon as possible, but part of her was still intrigued with the abandoned city.

"Of course sir," the Bajoran replied, nodding. She watched Kirok move back towards Geefix and the others. After one more glance around the tent, Awen moved the tent flap aside and stepped out.

This time she wasn't going to go very far, but she did want to get out of earshot of the others if possible. Moving to an isolated area, Awen turned and kept an eye on the tent where the others were. Hopefully the ship would actually respond. Awen tapped her comm badge, =A=Away team to Discovery, repeat...Away team to Discovery. Do you read us? Admiral Kirok is finishing negotiations with the Talaxians. Discovery, please respond.=A=

Now all she could do was wait and hope that whatever communications issues they'd had were only temporary or had been resolved in some manner. If they weren't...well, Awen wasn't sure what they would do. Perhaps the Admiral would work something out with the Talaxians to allow them to borrow a shuttle. Or maybe they could find something to boost their signal to the ship.

Awen began to pace back and forth slowly, waiting to hear back from their ship.

OFF: Tag Disco, soft tag away team

[Planet side]

As Awen slipped out. The Doctor had spotted her. That was not right. So he stepped back using his tricks as he could to slip away fro anyone noticing. Even the women he was going to follow. He did not believe she had done so. As he was moving he was careful not to be heard his own ear. That mean he was extra quiet to normal ears.

He had heard what was going and he had followed her back.  However he had decided to stay hidden. He was not know for playing hero. It was more a practice hiding that his people used to do before helping the Founders, but his stealth and hiding was a gift to be used as now.

Parent character us D'Vid

Player to player: don't be shy to be mean to my Vorta

Kirok

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on November 30, 2017, 11:24:22 AM

[Planet - NPC Eividx]

A buzz from his own communicator caused the Foreman to step back, while he took a look at the message.  It wasn't good.  They were in trouble.  That Federation Admiral seemed to know, and now that their ace failed... it was only a matter of time.

A bit paler, he came back and immediately went to Geefix.  Whispering as quiet as he could.

"Sir... the last fighter is on it's way back.  Operation reported failed, all but one lost.  Connection should be back any minute, and that means...." he let that last sentence drift... Geefix knew what he meant.

[Planet]

[Planet]

[NPC - Geefix]

Geefix shook his head no.  As if to say 'not now.'  Then he turned back to the Vulcan.

"It was not the trade I had hoped for.   But we will accept your offer.  It's a deal" he said.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.