Author Topic: Reporting In _ Elijah Aldin  (Read 913 times)

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • "I aim to misbehave."
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to members who have contributed to the site by creating missions within the past 6 months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Reporting In _ Elijah Aldin
« on: November 14, 2017, 01:14:50 am »
Character Details

Character Name: Elijah James Aldin
Character Age: 20
Character DOB: 10 February 2374
Character Image:

Character Species: Human
Character Family:

Father - Howard Aldin
Mother - Kellsey Aldin

Character Bio:

Elijah was born in early 2374, when the Dominion war was entering it's final phase. At that time, his father served as a corpsman for Starfleet ground forces, and was stationed in the Gamma Quadrant three months after his birth, leaving Kellsey Aldin alone to care for him on Cestus III. He returned a few months before the war's end and left Starfleet in 2377 when Elijah was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.

Given that not many children were still diagnosed, there were only places for the family to go that could provide care and services to Autistic children so the family had to go about raising Elijah as best they could. Howard finished his education and went into teaching, and Kellsey began working for the Starfleet Transport office on Cestus. They remain there.

Insofar as functionality, Elijah began with many social and communication limitations. He was non-verbal for the first few years of his life, but eventually learned to communicate, wherein another facet of his Autism surfaced in the form of echolalia, which caused him to communicate by repeating back the last words of a speaker, or to use familiar words and phrases, often out of context. This remains an obstacle for him and will surface from time to time, but is largely managed. Intellectually, Elijah is quite adept. He had no issues grasping materiel, but could not often be convinced to conform to normal testing procedures, especially when he was young. Age and training helped in this regard, but he maintains a penchant for disobeying commands that he considers wrong or ill conceived. His understanding of social graces, structures, and order are all lacking.

Howard and Kellsey Aldin were adamant that their son chart his own path however, and the path he chose was medicine. Elijah decided very early that he wanted to be a doctor, and never considered another profession, even with the inherent challenges that ASD placed in his path. While getting into medical school was difficult, he persisted and was accepted. And as expected, he was a star student when it came to medical diagnosis and procedures. His difficulties lie in interacting with other doctors, nurses, and most of all patients. Abstract concepts such as ethics are also very difficult for him to navigate. His bedside manner is robotic, and his brutal honesty is at time a hindrance when dealing with patients.

Elijah graduated from Starfleet medical in 2394 and is now awaiting assignment in the 10th fleet.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience:
Department Preference: Medical
Secondary Department Preference: Science
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Officer

Sample post: (See Kyan Mackenzie Posts)

Additional information:

How did you find Shadow Fleet? Already a member (Kyan Mackenzie)

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Reporting In _ Elijah Aldin
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 07:21:46 am »
Elijah,

A very interesting character idea.

The Challenger could you a Science Officer.

Would that work for you?

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • "I aim to misbehave."
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to members who have contributed to the site by creating missions within the past 6 months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 09:19:13 am »
Thanks! He's based on my daughter, who is also on tje ASD spectrum. And the Challenger works for me, I'll adjust his bio for Science.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 07:30:08 pm »
Thanks! He's based on my daughter, who is also on tje ASD spectrum. And the Challenger works for me, I'll adjust his bio for Science.

Thanks!

And please report into Dylan Torngate and Kyle Briggs for duty!

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles