Author Topic: Rayek Fit for Duty Medical - Rayek and Lizzie only. (COMPLETED)  (Read 6961 times)

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded every January by the FCO.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rayek Fit for Duty Medical - Rayek and Lizzie only
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2017, 10:26:18 pm »
Crewman Rayek
[Sickbay]

Lizzie frowned, he seemed almost scared of his abilities. Something she had almost never come across.

"I understand your concern and I am willing to give you a weekly prescription for more effective and less addictive drug that will do the same thing. In return I will need you to see the councillor at least once before you come back to get it refilled. I will also refer you to a Vulcan Doctor I know who can teach to how to control your abilities without the need of medication, both for you entering someone else's mind and someone else entering yours. In addition I will give you something to ease your current symptoms. Do you accept this arrangement?" She asked.

"No."  Rayek's answer held no quarter.  "I will accept whatever prescription you see fit, Doctor.  I will even agree to see a councillor however often you require, but I have no need of training on how to use my abilities.  My training is extensive... despite not being to Starfleet code."  Or morality, he added silently.

Rayek knew he was being difficult, and it could cost him his career even before it really began.

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
  • "First Do no harm" - Hipocrates
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Three year award Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2017, 10:40:36 pm »
Crewman Rayek
[Sickbay]

"No."  Rayek's answer held no quarter.  "I will accept whatever prescription you see fit, Doctor.  I will even agree to see a councillor however often you require, but I have no need of training on how to use my abilities.  My training is extensive... despite not being to Starfleet code."  Or morality, he added silently.

Rayek knew he was being difficult, and it could cost him his career even before it really began.

Lizzie shook her head. When she spoke her voice although at normal volume, was as hard as iron.

"I must insist Mr Rayek. If you do not see both the councillor and Doctor Stroreck at least once in the next week, I will not only not renew the prescription, but I will be declaring you medically unfit for duty and I will report the whole affair to the Captain for him to take action as he sees fit. If you agree to my proposal and stick to it, I can see no need for the Captain to be involved. If my Vulcan Colleague tells me there is nothing he can do for you then  will accept his word." Lizzie paused. "So which option do you choose?" She asked, her voice softening a little.

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded every January by the FCO.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2017, 11:38:52 pm »
Crewman Rayek
[Sickbay]

Lizzie shook her head. When she spoke her voice although at normal volume, was as hard as iron.

"I must insist Mr Rayek. If you do not see both the councillor and Doctor Stroreck at least once in the next week, I will not only not renew the prescription, but I will be declaring you medically unfit for duty and I will report the whole affair to the Captain for him to take action as he sees fit. If you agree to my proposal and stick to it, I can see no need for the Captain to be involved. If my Vulcan Colleague tells me there is nothing he can do for you then  will accept his word." Lizzie paused. "So which option do you choose?" She asked, her voice softening a little.

The doctor's hard as iron ultimatum should not have been a surprise to Rayek, given her authority battle on the Mnhei'sahe with the Sub-Commander, still his eyes narrowed angrily at her interference. 

Scowling, he glanced down at his hands on his lap, carefully he weighed his options... if he acquiesced then by submitting to the Vulcan's training he risked his mnhei'sahe should he inadvertently reveal Tal Shiar secrets - that were in truth several years old and likely not as crucial as they had been prior to the loss of Romulus.. and if he continued his refusal he would keep his mnhei'sahe but quite likely at the cost of his just beginning Starfleet career.  Rayek's brief impression of the Captain was that man did not look favorably on his presence aboard the Challenger - it was unlikely if that if the Captain were made aware of his illegal use of the medication and his refusal of the doctors treatment that it would it end. 

Well, Rayek reasoned, if he were as trained as he claimed to the doctor, nothing the Vulcan attempted should get through his shields... that one female had been an anomaly.

Rayek slowly let out a long deep breath, as he smoothly the anger from his features and raised his head to meet the doctors expectant look, "Very well Dr. Vaughan. It would seem I value this career enough to risk my mnhei'sahe.  I will meet with this Vulcan doctor and prove I don't require his training."

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Three year award Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2017, 10:26:10 am »
Crewman Rayek
[Sickbay]

The doctor's hard as iron ultimatum should not have been a surprise to Rayek, given her authority battle on the Mnhei'sahe with the Sub-Commander, still his eyes narrowed angrily at her interference. 

Scowling, he glanced down at his hands on his lap, carefully he weighed his options... if he acquiesced then by submitting to the Vulcan's training he risked his mnhei'sahe should he inadvertently reveal Tal Shiar secrets - that were in truth several years old and likely not as crucial as they had been prior to the loss of Romulus.. and if he continued his refusal he would keep his mnhei'sahe but quite likely at the cost of his just beginning Starfleet career.  Rayek's brief impression of the Captain was that man did not look favorably on his presence aboard the Challenger - it was unlikely if that if the Captain were made aware of his illegal use of the medication and his refusal of the doctors treatment that it would it end. 

Well, Rayek reasoned, if he were as trained as he claimed to the doctor, nothing the Vulcan attempted should get through his shields... that one female had been an anomaly.

Rayek slowly let out a long deep breath, as he smoothly the anger from his features and raised his head to meet the doctors expectant look, "Very well Dr. Vaughan. It would seem I value this career enough to risk my mnhei'sahe.  I will meet with this Vulcan doctor and prove I don't require his training."

Lizzie nodded, happy that he had agreed, though unsure as to his motives.

"Very well." Lizzie replied, going over to the medical replicator.

She made the order and a large package appeared. Picking it up she returned to Rayek.

"Here is 7 days worth of the inhibitor." She said handing over the package. "They are in single use hyposprays and you need to take the medication twice a day. Once you have taken a dose, simply recycle the used hypospray in any replicator." She paused again

After a moment or two she picked up a standard hypospray and loaded it.

"I'm now going to give you something to help relieve the symptoms you are going through. You need to take care however as it can leave patients a little drowsy." She said, holding up the hypospray

In Memorium.

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2017, 10:43:18 am »
Crewman Rayek
[Sickbay]

Lizzie nodded, happy that he had agreed, though unsure as to his motives.

"Very well." Lizzie replied, going over to the medical replicator.

She made the order and a large package appeared. Picking it up she returned to Rayek.

"Here is 7 days worth of the inhibitor." She said handing over the package. "They are in single use hyposprays and you need to take the medication twice a day. Once you have taken a dose, simply recycle the used hypospray in any replicator." She paused again

After a moment or two she picked up a standard hypospray and loaded it.

"I'm now going to give you something to help relieve the symptoms you are going through. You need to take care however as it can leave patients a little drowsy." She said, holding up the hypospray

Rayek nodded at the instructions on how to use the beta-inhibitor.  He however held up a hand to stall the doctor at her last statement.

he asked a slight frown creasing his forehead. 

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2017, 11:41:42 am »
Crewman Rayek
[Sickbay]

Rayek nodded at the instructions on how to use the beta-inhibitor.  He however held up a hand to stall the doctor at her last statement.

he asked a slight frown creasing his forehead. 

Lizzie thought for a moment before shaking her head.

"I don't have to give you this if you don't want me to." She replied. "As for how bad the symptoms are likely to get, that really depends on the length of time you have been on the drug as well as your own personal physiology." She paused again. "However, in my opinion, it will get worse before it gets better. But all being well, you should be over the symptoms in about 2-3 weeks without help. If you allow me to administer the medication, I can have your completely free of the symptoms in less than a week." She finished.

In Memorium.

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2017, 12:31:54 pm »
Crewman Rayek
[Sickbay]

Lizzie thought for a moment before shaking her head.

"I don't have to give you this if you don't want me to." She replied. "As for how bad the symptoms are likely to get, that really depends on the length of time you have been on the drug as well as your own personal physiology." She paused again. "However, in my opinion, it will get worse before it gets better. But all being well, you should be over the symptoms in about 2-3 weeks without help. If you allow me to administer the medication, I can have your completely free of the symptoms in less than a week." She finished.

Once more Rayek carefully weighed his options.

To Rayek, who was concerned about forming a good impression with his superiors, it seemed better to have a valid medical reason for being less than alert for a short duration, than be seen going through withdrawals over an extended period without aid, even if once again his Romulan pride had to admit to the wisdom of the doctors advice.

He turned slightly to present an arm to Dr. Vaughan.

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2017, 01:46:08 pm »
Crewman Rayek
[Sickbay]

Once more Rayek carefully weighed his options.

To Rayek, who was concerned about forming a good impression with his superiors, it seemed better to have a valid medical reason for being less than alert for a short duration, than be seen going through withdrawals over an extended period without aid, even if once again his Romulan pride had to admit to the wisdom of the doctors advice.

He turned slightly to present an arm to Dr. Vaughan.

Lizzie nodded and smiled, glad he had made, what was to her mind, the correct choice.

She carefully injected the medication into his arm.

"I will inform your head of department that you are on a short course of medication that may cause drowsiness. I will not inform them of why you are taking it, nor are they required to know. As long as you are fit for duty, which you will be, it is none of their concern." She paused. "They may come to you directly to ask about the treatment. What you tell them is up to you, but I would not recommend lying. Your best option will be to declare it a personal matter that has no relation to your duties." She finished.

Putting down the tricorder, she pulled up the scan results and frowned.

"Apart from that, I have one or two non-urgent queries that I could use answers to to make sure your medical file is as up to date as possible. If you have time to answer them?"

In Memorium.

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2017, 04:45:10 pm »
Crewman Rayek
[Sickbay]

Lizzie nodded and smiled, glad he had made, what was to her mind, the correct choice.

She carefully injected the medication into his arm.

"I will inform your head of department that you are on a short course of medication that may cause drowsiness. I will not inform them of why you are taking it, nor are they required to know. As long as you are fit for duty, which you will be, it is none of their concern." She paused. "They may come to you directly to ask about the treatment. What you tell them is up to you, but I would not recommend lying. Your best option will be to declare it a personal matter that has no relation to your duties." She finished.

Putting down the tricorder, she pulled up the scan results and frowned.

"Apart from that, I have one or two non-urgent queries that I could use answers to to make sure your medical file is as up to date as possible. If you have time to answer them?"

Rayek was relieved at the doctors comment that his medical details would not be shared.

Then regarded her with mild amusement as she offered advice on how to avoid telling his superiors about his condition without lying.  He inclined his head afterwards.

He waited patiently to be released after his scan and took note of her frown with interest.  What had she seen that required further questioning?

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2017, 05:03:16 pm »
Crewman Rayek
[Sickbay]

Rayek was relieved at the doctors comment that his medical details would not be shared.

Then regarded her with mild amusement as she offered advice on how to avoid telling his superiors about his condition without lying.  He inclined his head afterwards.

He waited patiently to be released after his scan and took note of her frown with interest.  What had she seen that required further questioning?

Lizzie nodded at looked at the PADD in front of her.

"I can see that you have a number of healed fractures. Some obviously healed by a physician, while some appear to have been very poorly set. They do not appear to have any impact on your general health so unless they are causing you problems I can see no reason to interfere. Do any of them give you problems at all? Even if it is only some of the time.

In Memorium.

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2017, 10:39:27 pm »
Crewman Rayek
[Sickbay]

Lizzie nodded at looked at the PADD in front of her.

"I can see that you have a number of healed fractures. Some obviously healed by a physician, while some appear to have been very poorly set. They do not appear to have any impact on your general health so unless they are causing you problems I can see no reason to interfere. Do any of them give you problems at all? Even if it is only some of the time.

Rayek's first thought was to deny any issue. To his thinking it was foolish to admit weakness to another- it only left you that much more vulnerable. But Starfleet and the Federation contradicted many of his notions he had grown up believing.

He commented after a moments consideration.

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2017, 12:24:44 am »
Crewman Rayek
[Sickbay]

Rayek's first thought was to deny any issue. To his thinking it was foolish to admit weakness to another- it only left you that much more vulnerable. But Starfleet and the Federation contradicted many of his notions he had grown up believing.

He commented after a moments consideration.

Lizzie nodded, she had expected this to be the case.

"The only option I have for that would be to break your arm again and re-set it, making sure that everything is as it should be. It is a rather drastic solution and one I would not recommend unless it was absolutely necessary. Since it only bothers you some of the time, it may be better to make sure you take a mild pain killer before any away missions. Again the choice is yours." She replied, almost prepared to place a bet on what the decision would be.

In Memorium.

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2017, 09:25:39 am »
Crewman Rayek
[Sickbay]

Lizzie nodded, she had expected this to be the case.

"The only option I have for that would be to break your arm again and re-set it, making sure that everything is as it should be. It is a rather drastic solution and one I would not recommend unless it was absolutely necessary. Since it only bothers you some of the time, it may be better to make sure you take a mild pain killer before any away missions. Again the choice is yours." She replied, almost prepared to place a bet on what the decision would be.

Rayek quirked a half-smile at her suggestion but shook his head.

Rayek slid off from the med-bed. Rayek asked. 

Though it had just been a few moments since he'd been given the hypo by the doctor, Rayek was already noticing his pulse rate dropping back to normal levels and he was less tense overall. This had been a productive visit for the Romulan, even if it did necessitate additional treatments.

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2017, 12:24:22 pm »
Crewman Rayek
[Sickbay]

Rayek quirked a half-smile at her suggestion but shook his head.

Rayek slid off from the med-bed. Rayek asked. 

Though it had just been a few moments since he'd been given the hypo by the doctor, Rayek was already noticing his pulse rate dropping back to normal levels and he was less tense overall. This had been a productive visit for the Romulan, even if it did necessitate additional treatments.

Lizzie shook her head.

"No, I have everything I need Mr Rayek. Please remember our deal as I would hate to have to report this to the Captain." She said, gently reminding the Crewman what was at stake.

In Memorium.

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2017, 07:30:50 pm »
Crewman Rayek
[Sickbay]

Lizzie shook her head.

"No, I have everything I need Mr Rayek. Please remember our deal as I would hate to have to report this to the Captain." She said, gently reminding the Crewman what was at stake.

Rayek assured her. 

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles