News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Bonnie Moors - Personal Log

Started by Bonnie Moors, October 29, 2017, 09:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonnie Moors

Personal Log 1 - Post mission 1.6

Before the beginning of the log is a transcript for a communication between Bonnie and Skavak, Bonnie's adoptive father. The transcript is located below; some seems to have been taken out and only clusters remain.

"I've started to have bad headaches fairly regularly after we were abducted so I'll be sure to go and head to sickbay at some point."

"I told you joining Starfleet would be illogical in your line of work. You aren't even doing what you trained to do, Bonnie."

"I did this at university, alongside medicine. And I took a course. Trust me, I know what I'm doing."

"Medicine is where you really belong, why not come back to Earth and continue working in medicine?"

"Because it isn't the same as this. I get to travel around this way and explore some of the galaxy. The way I see it, I'll only get to do it like this once and should take my chance while I can."

"This seems like a strange choice, but very well."

"Complications at home? What do you mean?"

"I have been reassigned to foreign diplomacy and have been ordered back to Vulcan."

"Can you not turn the job down?"

"No, my place is in the diplomats."

"Surely you could find something else to do on Earth."

"I will be leaving next week. I will make sure to let you know how to contact me from there."

"You didn't even answer... Very well Skavak. I must take my leave. Live long and prosper."

"Live long and prosper."

Begin Log

It has only been a little while since my first outing with the Challenger and it has already left me worse off. I now seem to get regular headaches and I have no idea why. My body seems to have taken some form of hit. It has ached a fair bit recently and I should probably go and get checked out, however, I've been getting to grips with all the science tech and it's been good for me to have  a change of pace. I can't remember the last time anything exciting has happened, especially when I was a GP, the work was so simple and quiet. If I go back to medicine, which I'm positive I'll do, I'll make sure to go into working in surgery or something. I trained to do it; I might as well put it to use.

I talked to Skavak a few hours ago and he seems to be ok. He's earned himself a reassignment back to Vulcan which he didn't seem to be bothered about. He could show some excitement. He's going back to his home planet, for God's sake. I dont know why I'm surprised though. Everything they do is based off logic so I shouldn't be surprised but it always gets to me. How can they show so little emotion? That idea seems to alien to me.

The past mission has been a bit of a blur to me, however, and I'd to give my account. One minute we are on the ship trying to decipher a chain of Morse code, next minute I find myself alone in a corridor with a throbbing headache and aches and pains everywhere. It's like whoever put me there dropped me. I'm not big either, so if I was dropped, it probably could do a fair bit of damage. I probably deserved it though, I didn't contribute much to the mission. It wouldn't surprise me if the crew of the ship left me on a planet because they saw me as a liability, just like my own mother did.

Anyway, I digress from the mission. During the mission a crewman, who I had a telepathic connection with, seemed to have used it to kind of control me. I'm not sure how I feel after it but I feel a lot of discomfort after it happened. I'm not sure whether I should report it or something. I feel as though my personal barrier has been breached but the man saved me some pain, it made the last few hours survivable. I shall make my decision at some point in the future, however, the man will have to be careful around me if he sees me.

The rest of the crew? The people in the crew seem to be nice. I like them all, but I worry that they don't like me. I haven't got any friends and it's be nice to get some more. Especially since I'm going to be stuck with these people on a ship for about a year when they decide to review my job offer.

The voyage has been interesting so far and it is probably the first thing that has peaked my interest for a while, so I look forward to seeing what else comes from it. Bad or good. Even though I imagine it'll end badly for us, knowing my luck.

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Bonnie Moors

Personal Log 2 - Post mission 1.7

Begin Log

The latest adventure we went on this time was an interesting one. I took a lot of lessons from that trip.

Where should I begin? Ah yes, the descent.

We went to a planet which was suffering from many natural disasters at once. There was a station which was submerged under the sea. We went down in shuttles, probably about 9 shuttles all together. The descent was rough and I hit my head again on the way down; I'm glad I saw the doctor and got that pain medicine, it came in handy after that. Rhymus expertly piloted the shuttle through the sea and we made it to the station,  it certainly was spectacular to see the beauty of the planet, as dangerous as it was. It'll be a great story to tell people in the future as well.

We made it to the station and myself and Rhymus went to collect the samples that we needed from the labs on the lower floors. We got to them and the door was locked. I tried to open the door again and a message played, from a lieutenant McIlroy, saying that if we opened the door the station would surely start to lose any integrity it had. We opened it and attempted to save the man. I got the samples and Rhymus started to work on getting the water out of the man's lungs. We got as much as we could out and on the way back the station burst on one of the sides. Both Rhymus and the lieutenant were launched by the hit and Rhymus took a major hit, cracking most of his ribs and bruising him heavily. He took shrapnel to the thigh as well.

I tried to get them both, I put my all into getting them, But I failed. There's something about my luck. I'm not sure what it is but I put my effort into things and it always ends up going terribly. I must be cursed.

I managed to get Rhymus into the turbolift but when I went to get the lieutenant the station had another breach. She lieutenant was hurled above me and I managed to only get hit lightly. There was so much water that I had to leave. I had no choice. I closed the turbolift door and picked up Rhymus, we waited until someone came to help and then I pulled him out. We were lucky that day, at least the two of us got out alive.

We were loading everyone onto the shuttles and we were all ready to set off, so it surprised us when we were all beamed to a completely different location. It turned out we were on an old ship called the USS Excalibur. I hear it has some history but I don't know it myself, I'm going to look it up when I get some free time. I should probably read more starfleet history, but I have other more important things to do.

We used the ship to get to the surface of the water and managed to beam ourselves to the Challenger in short. We made it, everyone could be treated who was injured and we recovered 93% of the research. I'm just glad I was some help, even if I only did a little. However, Rhymus said I helped more than I think. I'm not sure, maybe he's right but I don't think so.

The injured crew seem to be recovering well now that we have the right equipment to help them and Rhymus, who I looked after, seems to be back up on his feet now. It's good to see, he does a lot for the ship and we missed him in the last quarter.

I'll never forget leaving behind McIrloy. It keeps replaying in my head and haunting me. I'm ashamed that I couldn't save him, any other person would've been able to save him but I couldn't. Sometimes I wonder why they invited me to work on the ship, I'm useless.

End Log

Bonnie Moors

Personal Log 3 - Post mission 1.8

Begin Log

I've finally got some time to write a log after our latest adventure, which is fairly tame compared to our last two adventures.

Was there danger? Somewhat. We were stuck in a temporal causality loop which caused time to repeat. It was annoying, I could remember the conversations I was having with people when I was talking to them, it was a strange feeling. A feeling I didn't like, a feeling no one liked.

We spent our time trying to figure it out and slowly but surely managed to get out of the loop. It came at the cost of three and a half weeks of our time. All wasted in what felt like the same few minutes all over repeatedly, again, again, and again. I could remember having the same conversation with Rayek repeatedly in the mess hall. I don't normally interact with him, I'm sure it was most likely that which made me start thinking something was up. That and the deja-vu.

My role was trying to figure out what was causing it. Eventually, after hearing the same few conversations repeatedly, we managed to get out of the temporal distortion and get back on track. We came out to find a Starfleet ship with an angry captain aboard who broke the news that we had been in the distortion for three and a half weeks.

Once we had got out and got back up to speed with everything that had happened, I was offered the position of head of science abroad the ship. I accepted it, yet it is beyond me why they picked me to be the head. I'm not even part of Starfleet and I'm sure there's probably other people more qualified than me. It seems unorthodox, but I'll take all the chances I'm offered. I've learnt that in the past few months.

We've been given some time off to return to normality and get some rest. I'm glad we've finally been given some time off, It has been a full on few weeks. It's nice to have a break for a little while.

Oh, and I requested to have a hydroponics lab put into the ship. We have run some tests and the captain will be getting back to me with the results. I hope I get my request accepted. I'm looking forward to learning something new and this is a perfect place to start. From what I've read, it doesn't look to difficult so I should be able to get stuck in quickly.

Anyway, with my new position becomes more work, and I have work to do.

End Log

Bonnie Moors

Personal Log 4 - Post Mission 1.9

Begin Log

I know, I know. I'm late with this one, I've been busy. It's been a good week. I finally got what I requested a couple of months back, a hydroponics lab on the ship.

Let's not get sidetracked though... The mission. What happened in our most recent mission?

The mission consisted of us helping out some colonists on a Tholian planet not too far from the border which we were patrolling. There had been a coronal mass ejection which could've been fatal to the population of the colony so we were sent to help out, and help out we did.

The Tholians live on a different class of planet to us so the engineers had to re-purpose many of the decks to be able to accommodate them and it took them some time but we managed to do it, what concerned me most was the amount of people we were fitting on the ship, however.

We were the only ship in range so we were expected to collect all of the colonists which was a problem because our ship capacity was nowhere near as high as the amount of people we were holding. It was a worry to us all while we transported them onto the ship initially, but once we got them on it was all plain sailing until I was hailed by one of my people in science.

When I went down to science and spoke the the ensign, we were alarmed that the coronal mass ejection could've been purposely triggered but we didn't know who by. We found some strange readings but not enough to find out who it was and we had to pass off the information onto the Tholians when the colonists were transported to a different ship. It was a shame really, I'd have liked to look into it further.

Once we had finished transporting them over we continued our patrol on the border, I spent some time in my hydroponics bay planting some fruit and vegetables with a couple of crewmen and the rest either on the bridge or doing research into hydroponics in my office. I've been looking into creating something which greatly increases the speed of growing something, however, I've been busy so my research has been short and the progress I've made has been minimal.

The hydroponics lab I was given approval to have installed is great. I have all sort of plant life growing in there and also fresh fruit and vegetables for the crew. They'll be done soon and we'll see how popular it is with the crew. But for now we have to wait.

Next month, the contract I signed with Starfleet runs out and I'm unsure whether I will be signed on again to continue working with the crew of the Challenger. It's a shame really, I doubt they'll sign me on again as I'm sure they have other people more qualified but I've been enjoying my time aboard and I'll miss everyone once I'm gone. It was a good run, I guess I'll be looking for work by the end of the next month.

Anyway, I'll try better to get my log up in time next time.

End Log

-- Attached below is the chief of science log, the first which Bonnie wrote as head. --

Chief of Science Log 1

Begin Log

Given that I am now the chief of science, I figure, while I'm in charge for the short time I have left on the ship, I should make a log to report the progress of the science department aboard the ship.

First, I'm sure it is strange to see a civilian heading a department aboard a fleet ship and I have to agree. I certainly didn't see myself in this position as I was only meant to be filling in while there was a shortage of science officers in the fleet. I will not let this throw myself or the department off, however, and we shall continue to work at as high a standard as before, I hope at a higher standard if possible.

The department has been running well while I have been in charge. We have been working well together and the department seems to have a determination when we are on missions, relationships in the department seem to be good as well. Everyone is friendly and I think this will likely contribute to the high determination of the department.

In our latest mission we found an anomaly in the readings of the planet where the coronal mass ejection was triggered. We investigated it and made a guess that it could've been caused by something or someone. However, unfortunately we were unable to look into it any further and the information was passed onto the Tholian ship which came to collect the colonists. It's a shame really, I'd have liked to see where it ended.

To round off, we have been working well together and have had a good month. I just hope we maintain these high standards.

End Log

Bonnie Moors

Personal Log 5 - Post Mission 1.10

Begin Log

I wasn't involved with our most recent adventure as much as I have the other one, I was busy dealing with a member of my department who had to be taken to sickbay and making sure our mess hall manager, Olivia Briggs was well. I would've liked to have been more involved but I wasn't, especially since this was my last mission before my contract expired. Yes, I am leaving as soon as the ship is near a station. My time is up, and I'm terrified about what will happen next.

I should probably take some time to remember my time on the ship while I'm here:

Where to begin... My adventures on the ship.

The adventures I have experienced while I have been on the ship have been some of my favorite over the past couple of years and I will never forget them. They have been terrifying at points and admittedly I was scared at times. However, they have built me up to be better than I ever was before. I feel stronger, more willing to go out of my way to experience things, happier than I have been in a long time, but most importantly, I feel more like myself than I have been for a long time. The missions we have been given challenged me in way I never have been challenged before and I will always remember them as one of the most memorable points of my life.

Next... The Crew.

I couldn't have asked of anything more from the crew than I got. They've accepted me and taken me in as one of their own. They have saved me when I have been in danger, they've supported me if I have ever been in need, and they've managed to tolerate me for the past 6 months. My eternal gratitude for the crew aboard can't be put into words. To both people who have left the Challenger and people who are currently on the Challenger, thank you for everything.

Finally... The Ship.

I don't know much about the ship classes other than what I learnt in the short course I did before being assigned to the Challenger but from what I've learnt over my time aboard, this ship is not a pushover and is a force to be reckoned with. This ship is held together by its extremely talented engineering crew and can deal with anything with the rest of the crew compliment. This ship is a danger to anyone with the crew it has aboard and I'm sure it will mark its place in the history books in good time.

That's it, I will enjoy the last of my time aboard the ship and figure out what next when I am dropped off planet or station side. I will look for the future and use what I have learned aboard to excel in my future adventures.

Thank you Challenger. Thank you for everything.

End Log

-- Attached below is the chief of science log. --

Chief of Science Log 2

Begin Log

The department has continued to run well while I have been in charge. This will be my last log as the chief of science aboard the Challenger so I will give a quick roundup of the department for the successor of this position:

The personnel inside the science department of the Challenger are a group of dedicated, resilient, and eager people. Relationships in the department are still good, everyone is very friendly and this contributes to the high work rate of the department. During my time aboard the ship I don't believe I have ever had a problem with anyone in the department. They have incredible discipline and have always worked hard to reach deadlines set by myself.

I have no doubt that they will work just as hard for the successor of the department, they're a credit to the Challenger and I wish the department all the best for the future. Treat them nicely, and they will treat you nicely.

End Log

Bonnie Moors

Personal Log 6 - Post Mission 1.11

Begin Log

I'm still here, to my surprise.

I think the less said about the latest mission, the better. But I'm going to talk about it on here anyway. After a fracas on the bridge between myself and the captain, he relieved himself and declared himself medically unfit for duty. Yeah. I can see this is already gonna be an interesting one.

Anyway, we came across a ship which opened fire on another ship in space near a colony, one being filed to the teeth with trilithium capable of destroying everybody on the colony. There were a couple of angles to the mission, helping the ship filled with trilithium, and stopping and apprehending the people on the other ship who had opened fire on the freighter. The latter was were the problem arose.

The pirate ship which opened fire on us was a ship familiar from the past of our captain, Dylan Torngate. It seemed the ship had attacked a freighter he lived on in his earlier life and caused the death of his mother who was pregnant with his unborn sister. When Dylan first saw this, he understandably ordered it to be destroyed given his past with the ship. However, I couldn't see him destroy a ship out of vengeance, even if the hate was directed for a good reason, it isn't in my nature to allow people to kill others, even if they have done wrong.

I told him to stop and he dismissed me, so I stayed and tried to reason with him over the ship. It became messy, the argument became a public show and eventually led to his dismissal. Although I'm glad that the ship wasn't destroyed purely for the reason of vengeance, I'm disappointed that it escaped and wished I could've seen the people and asked them why. Maybe it's curiosity after the captain explained what happened which made me want to speak to them, I'm not sure, but maybe asking why would've given him some of the closure he likely needed. Maybe sometime in the future we will cross their path again, then he might be able to get some closure by asking them why.

The mission went fairly smoothly given the danger involved overall. Some shield concepts I found in some old Starfleet R&D files seemed to work well to contain the trilithium. We managed to get the freighter out of any danger, made sure everyone was okay and then made our way for the nearest station to drop off the freighter crew.

It was at the station I was given the option to leave or wait for a closer station. I opted to stay, not for the reason of going for a closer station, but mostly because of the ties I have created here on the ship. The memories and lessons I have collected over time, and the friends I have gained have seemed to keep me on the ship for longer. I guess I have grown a form of attachment to the ship and I feel as though my journey here isn't over here yet. As a result, I have opted to apply to join Starfleet, despite my medical restrictions.

Maybe a part of me is scared of moving on, maybe I'm holding on to something which I shouldn't be holding on to, but at the moment, this seems to be the right choice to make, so I don't plan on leaving any time soon. I'll do everything in my power to stay, and if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. It's time to see what path has been set out for me, and I guess I'll see over the next few months.

End Log

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.