Author Topic: SM Stirling's Change series.  (Read 493 times)

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • "I aim to misbehave."
  • Awarded to members who have contributed to the site by creating missions within the past 6 months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
SM Stirling's Change series.
« on: November 01, 2017, 10:18:26 am »
Has anyone else read this? It's a wonderful series of books, and he keeps making them but I can't find anyone else who's actually read them.

Offline Solluk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Three year award Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: SM Stirling's Change series.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 10:21:25 am »
I haven't, but your interest has me curious.  What're they about? 
My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • "I aim to misbehave."
  • Awarded to members who have contributed to the site by creating missions within the past 6 months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 10:28:15 am »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emberverse_series

Here's a link to the synopsis. Basically a post apocalyptic series that takes place mostly in the northwest region of America. They are quite addictive, and the character development is amazing.

Offline Solluk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Three year award Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 01:24:45 pm »
Interesting premise!  I may check it out.
My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • "I aim to misbehave."
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 02:59:31 pm »
You should. It's a fantastic series. Gets sort of mystical, but it works. I am trying to find time now to get caught up.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles