About that Chainsaw... (Alyssa Meadows)

Started by Amynta Lianez, October 17, 2017, 10:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amynta Lianez

Amynta was a bit nervous to finally sit down and talk to Alyssa after being interrupted so many times. It was pretty clear there was a lot of things going on with her, and the more trouble the ship got into, the more thins she could see something was up. She hoped that Dr. Meadows was alright with talking to her, and that maybe they could find a way to be friends even if they were meeting professionally as well, but she understood if that wasn't really appropriate.

Either way, she planned to go ahead with the visit the same way she would with anyone's first appointment, and see what happened. If anything, she'd at least have a baseline for talking more. She'd glanced over Alyssa's record, but she thought she'd go over it more in depth later on, so she wouldn't be biased during this first meeting...other than her newfound concern about the contraptions in the good doctor's quarters.

So, when the door chimed to let her know that Alyssa had arrived, she smiled, called out, "Enter!" and waited for things to hit the fan.

Species: Trill (Unjoined)
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."  Shakespeare (Hamlet)

Michael Ferdinand

Alyssa had been dreading this meeting. It was something she needed, yes, but she could still hate something and need it at the same time. When she heard the counselor bless her entrance, she stepped into her office.

Alyssa attempted to keep her face expresionless, but that usually just defaulted it to a scowl. "Hi, Amynta, thanks for seeing me." she said. "Mind if I take a seat?" She didn't wait for permission before doing so. It was best to get directly to business.

"I wanted to talk to you because I have been having some....trouble adjusting back into Starfleet." Alyssa said. "I find myself falling back into previous behaviors that are...colorful at best. I'm not sure what to do, honestly. The medication I'm on seems to be just barely work now even though it worked well before I rejoined."

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Amynta Lianez

"Well, chances are it will need to be adjusted, then," Amynta answered, not surprised after the way she had run for Alyssa's medications before. She was more interested in the adjustment problems, though. She'd noticed some erratic behavior from Dr. Meadows in the past, but hearing about things from her point of view was a totally different thing.

"As far as adjusting to the fleet; could you be a bit more specific about what's bothering you? Have you been feeling more anxious than usual, or having intrusive thoughts?"

Species: Trill (Unjoined)
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."  Shakespeare (Hamlet)

Michael Ferdinand

Alyssa shook her head. "There's just..." she trailed. "There's just something about the fleet that makes me feel more aggressive. I can't explain it." She paused for a second and looked down at her lap, contemplating what she was going to say next. She didn't want to give too much information away, didn't want to get too close to the counselor. "When I was on Earth, I was happy, I was stable. On a starship, not so much." she laughed a short laugh that sounded more like a bark than anything else. "You know, I think it's more my pride than anything else. I was an XO before I left, now I can't even qualify for a CMO position."

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.