Author Topic: Season 2 Episode 2: Under Cover and Out of Uniform  (Read 30762 times)

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Season 2 Episode 2: Under Cover and Out of Uniform
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2017, 06:41:35 pm »
after he started the execution.  Part of him imagined her giving him her typical Vulcan raised eyebrow judging him on his mental sanity.   This time he was explaining the logic prior.

[Docking Bay 12]

While Adeyemi couldn't deny the logic, it still didn't sit right with him. The notion of his civilians and officers going undercover dressed as harlots was not something he wanted to right in a report. Perhaps it might be best to keep this one off the record.
Shran

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • And in a moment, Knox realized it had all changed.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2017, 08:49:31 pm »
[Command Deck]

Tritter than kneeled down and let his Daughter go so she could go over and see Knox. She was one of his Daughter's favorites. She than grinned widely and carefully climbed into the Command Chair, while her Father kept a careful eye on her. She than stated "We are learning about caterpillars and how they turn into butterflies" Her tone was bright and bubbly.

Tritter took a moment to ponder a reply to her next comment, it was the first time someone had asked about his own well being, so it suprised him. He than nodded slightly, his tone quieted down as he addressed it so it didn't carry too far, he replied with, "The concern is appreciated and I am not sure why he is here, I do have an assignment from him that I have to complete shortly" He kept a confident tone in the presence of the crew, but internally, he felt completly different.

Listening to the little girl beside her, Knox smiled as she realized it had been several lifetimes since she had been a parent.

"Very good. Change is sometimes scary, but it can bring a beautiful outcome."

Turning to Tritter, Knox sensed something in his tone. She lowered her voice as several junior officers had begun to pay a little too much attention to them.

"Of course, Commander. And, I hope your assignment shall not be too difficult. Unlike my own. StarFleet is really expecting too much this time. We are a space Station, not a star ship."

Knox sighed heavily. She had no real plan as to how to discover the things that had evolved to remain unheard and unseen on the Station.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Offline T'Prina

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • CHIEF SCIENCE VULCAN
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2017, 11:58:59 am »
[Main Science Labroatory]

Alexander unwittingly hummed to himself as he worked on modifying the new spec for the lab. His... creative usage of the lab's dinosaur of a machine "unfortunately" left it unfit for further use, so the base had had no choice but to upgrade to a newer model. So that was good. When the new machine had been installed by engineering, however, he and the Vulcan had realized two things. A: The engineers hadn't done anything remotely useful with its settings yet, and B: the "new and improved" model was still kind of shit. And so here he was, on his back as he tried to turn the machine into a useful piece of equipment.

As T'Prina commented on his work for the thirty-first time, Xander sighed and stopped what he was doing to look up at her. "If you think you could do a better job, you could always make the modifications yourself, you know" He swatted at her braid with the tightening device in his hand to emphasize his point. His annoyance waned a little as she showed support (in her own way) for his modifications, however.

Turning his attention away from her face and back to the spec, Xander tapped the coolant tube that he thought T'Prina had referenced. "This one? Hmm..." He traced the tube's path and, after a moment, realized the Vulcan's suggestion was, indeed, warranted - as much as it pained him to admit it. "Can you get me a new section of tubing then? I don't have any down here."

[Main Science Lab]

T'Prina dutifully handed the ensign the requested tubing. In truth, she had been interfering more than was strictly necessary in an effort to distract her mind from a nagging concern. Tom had been deliberately vague about his latest trip away from the Starbase. Undoubtedly, he was up to something dangerous and didn't want her to know or worry. It did not have the intended effect, or rather the exact opposite thereof. She worried at her bottom lip with her teeth, catching herself before trying to once again correct Dorset with something minor. Taking a deep breath almost like a sigh, she reminded herself that Tom was a reasonably competent adult, and his pure dumb luck had kept him afloat thus far. It was not irrational to think that it would continue to do so. Her thoughts reminded her of an old Earth saying, that God watched over children and fools. Hopefully that God kept him out of too much trouble, since she couldn't.

The Vulcan wandered over to her console, and thumbed through the data compilation. Her program was running smoothly, the automation would trigger alerts whenever scans showed spikes outside of normal operating parameters. The purpose behind this was improved efficiency and valuable time management. More time spent on spent on experimentation was alright by her. She headed back over to Dorset and the spectrometer, and peered back down into it.

"Once you are finished with the updates, we can break for lunch. Proper nutrition is important, and it has been noted in your file that you tend to forgo meals at an unhealthy rate. I expect you to remain in top form, since you came to us so highly recommended, Ensign." Her voice was colored with a slight tone of amusement, effectively scolding and praising Dorset in the same breath.

[Puzzles - NPC post as Rixxy]

[ Puzzles ]

Eliana hummed to herself. The past few weeks of her getting used to life on the base and the work flow was nice. Her and Jenna even seemed to be talking again. Though she new Jenna had moved on, maybe it was time to do so herself. She was glad that Jenna had invited her to a few small parties, she was super busy. She knew Jenna had one coming up and had already asked Leanna to be off for it. Thought Leanna was happy to oblige, she warned Eliana not to let her emotions get in the way and ruin the fresh start with Jenna."Hey Rixxy, is that to go order ready yet?" She asked Rixxy. Eliana greeted the woman who walked up to the bar. "Welcome to Puzzles how may I help you?" Eliana asked the new customer who walked in. "Hi yes. I am here to pick up an order. It's under the name Lissy," Lissy said.

Rixxy, while her back was turned, muttered under her breath about flighty Trills and pampered Bajorans. The stiff line of her back showed her irritation as she stalked over to the kitchen area where food was prepped.

"Head bartender, not some silly waitress. Hmmph." The annoyed Klingon retrieved the order, the cook involuntarily shrinking back from her steely glare. However once she was facing customers again she had trained her face into a smile. Somehow the smile seemed more threatening than the glare, and she handed off the meal to Eliana.

"Happy to be of service," she remarked in a perfectly pleasant tone as she resumed her previous task at the opposite end of the bar.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 12:15:09 pm by T'Prina »

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Three year award Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2017, 01:15:15 pm »
[Docking Bay 12]

James stood in the middle of the Docking Bay conversing with Captain Adeyemi

To: Selected Officers and Civilians
RE: Special Assignment, Starbase Columbus
CONFIDENTIAL

Click on the Badge to see bio

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2017, 12:06:17 am »
[Command Deck]

Listening to the little girl beside her, Knox smiled as she realized it had been several lifetimes since she had been a parent.

"Very good. Change is sometimes scary, but it can bring a beautiful outcome."

Turning to Tritter, Knox sensed something in his tone. She lowered her voice as several junior officers had begun to pay a little too much attention to them.

"Of course, Commander. And, I hope your assignment shall not be too difficult. Unlike my own. StarFleet is really expecting too much this time. We are a space Station, not a star ship."

Knox sighed heavily. She had no real plan as to how to discover the things that had evolved to remain unheard and unseen on the Station.

[Location: Command Deck]

The young girl smiled up at Knox and she replied with "Yes Miss Knox, you are correct." She than turned to her Dad, who motioned the young girl over to him. Once the young girl made her way over to him, the Executive Officer scooped up the young girl and apologized to Knox, as the young girl can be a bit... clingy. He than said "Let's go Honey", he than proceeded to look towards Knox, and said "Appraise me if I am needed Lieutenant", he than turned on a heel and took his exit. He proceeded to make his way towards his quarters. He would than drop off the young girl, as he knew it was getting close to her bed time. He would get her situated and give her a kiss. Tucking her in and telling her good night.

He would than shut the lights off and make his exit. He than proceeded to think over the request that Hawke had given him. The request he had was to do a detailed background check on anyone with exotic dancer training on the base. The seasoned law enforcement veteran was the perfect individual to give this task to and he wagered that is why it was assigned to him by the other Captain. He would than make his way to his office, taking a seat and getting himself comfortable as he started to create a filter to locate the individuals he was seeking.

He primarily used a filter that identified that in an individuals background, he also used a filter on the Station's cameras that focused on people who had been documented performing exotic dancing at the clubs on the Station. He was skilled at finding the list of people and he did get that list together. He also knew that the other Captain was full of crap when he said it was because they were looking for "pretty girls" He had been a cop for twenty years prior to this - so he knew that they were lying and something else was afoot, although he was not a fan of being lied to. But he proceeded to formulate the list and sent the forty or so name list over to Captain Hawke.

He than heard his comm badge go off, "Lieutenant Davis to Commander Tritter, can you meet me at Cargo Bay 6?" Tritter pondered for a moment "On my way Lieutenant" Tritter proceeded to make his way towards the Cargo Bay in question. Once he arrived, he than looked around for the Lieutenant, he spotted the man and than made his way over. He would than greet the man, it didn't take him long to notice the body that was not far away. He than asked the Lieutenant for a quick synposis of what had happened. The Lieutenant than replied with "Sir, they are deceased, we aren't sure what, theres no obvious signs of trauma or other obvious signs of death"

Tritter nodded slightly, "Thank you Lieutenant" He proceeded to kneel down, he visually looked over the body, he didn't touch it as he wasn't wearing gloves or had any on him. But he noticed two puncture marks about half an inch apart from each-other, below the left ear by about an inch. He than made a mental note of it, he than proceeded to call for medical to come and get the body. He than tapped his comm badge and stated "Commander Tritter to Captain Ayedemi" His heavily accented voice remained calm and confident as he spoke, he waited for a reply from the Captain.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 11:24:54 am by Michael J. Tritter »

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2017, 09:48:47 am »

Tritter nodded slightly, "Thank you Lieutenant" He proceeded to kneel down, he visually looked over the body, he didn't touch it as he wasn't wearing gloves or had any on him. But he noticed two incision marks about half an inch apart from each-other, below the left ear by about an inch. He than made a mental note of it, he than proceeded to call for medical to come and get the body. He than tapped his comm badge and stated "Commander Tritter to Captain Ayedemi" His heavily accented voice remained calm and confident as he spoke, he waited for a reply from the Captain.

[Passageways]

Adeyemi had parted with Hawke a few moments before wishing him luck and returning to his duties. When Tritter's call came through, the captain tapped his commbadge in acknowledgement and made his way to the nearby cargo bay.

[Cargo Bay 6]

When Adeyemi saw the body stretched out onto the deck, he immediately tapped his commbadge. " =/\= Medical team to Cargo Bay 6. =/\= "

"I'll make sure they won't stomp all over the evidence," He said to Tritter, the former law enforcement officer. "And it's standard procedure for a stiff. What do we have here, commander?"

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2017, 10:48:16 am »
[Puzzles - Leanna's Office]

Leanna smiled at Dan's greeting and did contemplate sitting beside him on the sofa but didn't want to scare the man if she got too close especially as she didn't know him that well yet. So instead she sat on the chair, legs crossed as she looked over at him and answered his questions.

" I'm not too bad thank you although I'll be a lot better once this works been done " she replied " I'm not sure if you saw the plans I had drawn up to remove our secondary supply room and extend the main one instead " she said getting up for a moment to fetch the PADD and old fashioned paper plans from her desk.

She then placed them on the small table in front of Dan and looked over at him once more " However before we discuss it all , would you like a drink?".
Puzzles - Leanna's Office
"Good... Good." he replied with a small friendly smile, in an attempt to relax things a bit more. He raised his palm a small height, tilting his head slightly in response to her offer of a drink. "I'm fine thank you." He glanced at the PADDs and paper plans on the table for a few moments before continuing "I took a look at the plans and I can't see any particular challenges with it. No main EPS relays or important wiring run through the secondary supply room, nor the the facing wall of the main supply room, so I would think it should just be a case of removing the walls, re-wiring the electrics and re-enforcing that area of the deck plating." He finished there to allow Leanna to take it in. He didn't want to flood her with information, which as an engineer was something he seemed to be very good at doing to people.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2017, 11:24:17 am »
[Passageways]

Adeyemi had parted with Hawke a few moments before wishing him luck and returning to his duties. When Tritter's call came through, the captain tapped his commbadge in acknowledgement and made his way to the nearby cargo bay.

[Cargo Bay 6]

When Adeyemi saw the body stretched out onto the deck, he immediately tapped his commbadge. " =/\= Medical team to Cargo Bay 6. =/\= "

"I'll make sure they won't stomp all over the evidence," He said to Tritter, the former law enforcement officer. "And it's standard procedure for a stiff. What do we have here, commander?"

[Location: Cargo Bay 6]

Tritter rose to his feet once he noticed the Captain was headed his way, as he could hear their foot steps from a decent distance away. He knew what the foot steps for each of the usual crew he dealt with sounded like, so he could identify them from afar. He than turned to face the Captain, he pondered their question for a moment. He than replied with, "Sir, there is no trauma to the cold one from an external examination. The only abnormality is two puncture wounds that are perfectly round, spaced about half an inch apart from eachother. They are hypodermic needle marks, I suspect drug use, but we would need toxicology to confirm. There is some external signs of drug overdose, namely I noticed some foam at the edge of their lips" His heavily accented voice carried itself with a certain confidence, as he had been around these types of things for a very long time and he knew his way around this type of thing.

He than noticed the medical team had arrived, he than proceed to take a pair of gloves from one of the medical officers. He than moved to a kneeling position, he moved the victim's hair out of the way using his left hand, to make sure the Captain could see the injection site. He than looked towards the Captain and said, "Sir, this is what I am talking about" He shifted slightly so the Captain could see the mark below their ear that he was speaking of.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:59:02 pm by Michael J. Tritter »

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2017, 12:03:55 pm »
Puzzles - Leanna's Office
"Good... Good." he replied with a small friendly smile, in an attempt to relax things a bit more. He raised his palm a small height, tilting his head slightly in response to her offer of a drink. "I'm fine thank you." He glanced at the PADDs and paper plans on the table for a few moments before continuing "I took a look at the plans and I can't see any particular challenges with it. No main EPS relays or important wiring run through the secondary supply room, nor the the facing wall of the main supply room, so I would think it should just be a case of removing the walls, re-wiring the electrics and re-enforcing that area of the deck plating." He finished there to allow Leanna to take it in. He didn't want to flood her with information, which as an engineer was something he seemed to be very good at doing to people.

[Puzzles - Leanna's Office]

Leanna smiled when Dan politely declined her offer of a drink and listened intently to what he had to say about the removal of the secondary supply room and how it would be done, pleased that it would be fairly straightforward and not complicated. " That's great Commander and thank you for doing this for me" she replied truthfully feeling a mixture of relief and apprehension but at least it was now in the good hands of Commander Howell and his team.

" Also if you need me to close the bar whilst the work is being carried out just let me know " she said sitting back slightly.

[Puzzles - Main Bar]

Hawke's messenger walked into the bar and looked around to see if they could spot the owner of the establishment who had been identified as a former exotic dancer and the one they had to deliver the PADD to. However from the image provided could not seem to find her so approached a member of staff.  " Excuse me, but could you tell me where I might find a Ms Leanna Mazal, I have a PADD that I need to deliver to her".

Maggie eyed the newcomer suspiciously even though they were wearing a Starfleet uniform but decided that the best thing to do was to tell Leanna and let her deal with them. " If you wait near the bar for a moment ,I'll just go get her for you"Maggie replied leading them over to the main counter before going to Leanna's office and pressing the door chime.

[Leanna's Office]

When Leanna heard the door chime again, she wondered who it could be as she wasn't expecting anyone else and her staff knew that she was meeting with Commander Howell. Getting up from the sofa she looked at Dan " I apologise for the interruption Commander, I'll just go see who it is " she said going over to the door and opened it.

" Lea sorry for interrupting but there is a Starfleet officer here who has a PADD that they need to deliver to you".

Leanna was confused for a moment as this kind of thing never happened but she wasn't about to dismiss Maggie and tell them to come back later as she had learned to always check these things out first. Turning back to Dan " It looks like I'm needed in the bar, Commander it was good to meet you and you have our full co operation with the changes that need to be done" she said following Maggie out to the bar.

[Main Bar]

Leanna spotted the officer immediately and walked over to them as they turned to face her. " Ms Mazal, this is for you"the officer said handing the PADD over to Leanna before bidding her farewell and leaving. Leanna at that point was perplexed by what had happened but that soon turned to disbelief as she began reading the contents of the PADD. Her disbelief turned to fear when her eyes stopped mid sentence when the Syndicate was mentioned and knew exactly who they were as her ex worked for a rival gang and even though she was scared at the thought of revisiting the past decided that maybe this was the opportunity she had been looking for to not only stop them but to also bring closure on her past.

But before she did anything she needed to speak to the one person who could help her with this and who also knew what she had been through. " Maggie tell Seamus what I said to Commander Howell about us giving him our full co operation with the remodel " she said. Maggie nodded and went to find Seamus then Leanna looked over and found who she needed. " Rixxy I need a word with you ".

Offline Jenna McKinson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2017, 12:49:24 pm »
[Puzzles - NPC post as Rixxy]

Rixxy, while her back was turned, muttered under her breath about flighty Trills and pampered Bajorans. The stiff line of her back showed her irritation as she stalked over to the kitchen area where food was prepped.

"Head bartender, not some silly waitress. Hmmph." The annoyed Klingon retrieved the order, the cook involuntarily shrinking back from her steely glare. However once she was facing customers again she had trained her face into a smile. Somehow the smile seemed more threatening than the glare, and she handed off the meal to Eliana.

"Happy to be of service," she remarked in a perfectly pleasant tone as she resumed her previous task at the opposite end of the bar.

[ Puzzles - NPC Post as Eliana ]

Eliana internally rolled her eyes. She had only meant to ask because Rixxy was closer. It seemed like a dead thing and she decided that it was easier to drop the subject. This was partly due to the fact that Lissy was present. There was something about the woman that Eliana couldn't place. Maybe it was the confidence the woman was emanating, but she knew that she would want to get to know this woman more.

Eliana walked over to the nearest pay station. "So are you new to the station? We have quite a few regulars here and I was just curious," Eliana asked. Normally, Lissy would be irritated at small talk, but the woman in front of her seemed different. It even made her crook a smile. "You could say in a way," Lissy said. "If you have any questions about the promenade let me know. that will be 23 credits," Eliana said. Lissy continued to smile, which would normally disgust her. However, it seemed rather easy to chat to Eliana.

[ Deck 23 ]

Jenna and Molly had just finished their work. As they were cleaning up, they were approached by a shady looking individual. He was holding two PADDs. Jenna subtly reached for her phaser. Normally she wouldn't keep it on her during a shift, but she got a nasty feeling the beginning of the day.

"These PADDs are for Ms. McKinson and Ms. Lewis," the man said. He was dressed in a StarFleet uniform. The two ladies read the message on their PADDS. The man had already left at this point. Jenna's past, which she wanted to sweep under the rug, had seemed to come back. Though her heart sank, what intrigued her was reading about the Syndicate. Though she had talked a bit about her past with Molly, she did not go into full detail. There were some things she was no proud of doing and wanted to keep a secret. She had hoped that this would not divide her and Molly. She had wondered if Molly's PADD said the same thing, but the look she gave her was all that was needed.

Though normally, they would tell Dan about things, they decided this was much more urgent. They made way toward their quarters and hid the PADDs on their person. They wanted to quickly ease into things. Jenna had hoped that she was not too rusty on things. Part of her felt a sense of dread, but the rest just wanted to get to her destination quickly. If the Syndicate was close, who knows what damage could be done if they got control of the base. Her mind went to her family and especially her sister. A message was waiting for her at her quarters, but she was so busy she did not have time to get to it.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Offline Xander Dorset

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2017, 01:03:38 pm »
[Main Science Lab]

T'Prina dutifully handed the ensign the requested tubing. In truth, she had been interfering more than was strictly necessary in an effort to distract her mind from a nagging concern. Tom had been deliberately vague about his latest trip away from the Starbase. Undoubtedly, he was up to something dangerous and didn't want her to know or worry. It did not have the intended effect, or rather the exact opposite thereof. She worried at her bottom lip with her teeth, catching herself before trying to once again correct Dorset with something minor. Taking a deep breath almost like a sigh, she reminded herself that Tom was a reasonably competent adult, and his pure dumb luck had kept him afloat thus far. It was not irrational to think that it would continue to do so. Her thoughts reminded her of an old Earth saying, that God watched over children and fools. Hopefully that God kept him out of too much trouble, since she couldn't.

The Vulcan wandered over to her console, and thumbed through the data compilation. Her program was running smoothly, the automation would trigger alerts whenever scans showed spikes outside of normal operating parameters. The purpose behind this was improved efficiency and valuable time management. More time spent on spent on experimentation was alright by her. She headed back over to Dorset and the spectrometer, and peered back down into it.

"Once you are finished with the updates, we can break for lunch. Proper nutrition is important, and it has been noted in your file that you tend to forgo meals at an unhealthy rate. I expect you to remain in top form, since you came to us so highly recommended, Ensign." Her voice was colored with a slight tone of amusement, effectively scolding and praising Dorset in the same breath.

[Main Science Lab]

Xander returned to his humming as he worked. With the new coolant tube installed, he only had to adjust the sensitivity settings now. Opening a control panel, he spun an inconspicuous black dial to the left, continuing to turn it even after a red warning flashed on the screen in front of him. "Shush, you," he muttered, clearing the warning without a trace of concern. His modifications should - would - correct for any problems.

When T'Prina mentioned food, he was just about finished. He slid out from under the machine, propping himself up on his elbows to look at the Vulcan with an amused smile playing about his face. "If you say so, Mama 'Prina." He supposed it was true that he had a tendency to forget to eat while he was working, but it's not like he was starving or sickly or anything. In fact, he'd venture so far as to say he was a prime example of "top form" or whatever T'Prina called it.

He grabbed his jacket from the ground next to him, then pushed himself to his feet, stretching. After his left shoulder popped with a cringe-worthy cracking sound, he walked around to the other side of the machine to stand by T'Prina. "So. What are we eating?" As he spoke, he tossed on his jacket, but didn't bother to do it up just yet.
nothing

Offline Tanner Lachlyn

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2017, 12:24:55 am »
[Tanner's Quarters]

She stared at the PADD and then looked into the mirror. Well, this is..different Her new 'assignment' had been dropped off by someone who was less than apt for her questions and with good reasons she was sure.Tanner could understand why. After she read the first paragraph there was a moment where it felt like this was a practical joke.

Eyeing herself again, she still wasn't sure that it wasn't. I swear if I walk into this place and there are camera or people wanting to yell - GOTCHA....I will have my revenge.

Did she actually miss her comfy gold uniform? It fit her curves but this thing..FIT her curves. What would her father say!? Tanner chuckled. The character she was meant to play was someone that her father definitely wouldn't have approved of.  Her eyes stepped away from her cleavage for a moment and looked back down at her instructions.

La Vaca Volando. The flying cow.

What kind of a name was that. Tanner could have done better. With a shrug she checked her lipstick and then headed out the door.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2017, 06:53:16 am »

Tritter rose to his feet once he noticed the Captain was headed his way, as he could hear their foot steps from a decent distance away. He knew what the foot steps for each of the usual crew he dealt with sounded like, so he could identify them from afar. He than turned to face the Captain, he pondered their question for a moment. He than replied with, "Sir, there is no trauma to the cold one from an external examination. The only abnormality is two puncture wounds that are perfectly round, spaced about half an inch apart from eachother. They are hypodermic needle marks, I suspect drug use, but we would need toxicology to confirm. There is some external signs of drug overdose, namely I noticed some foam at the edge of their lips" His heavily accented voice carried itself with a certain confidence, as he had been around these types of things for a very long time and he knew his way around this type of thing.

He than noticed the medical team had arrived, he than proceed to take a pair of gloves from one of the medical officers. He than moved to a kneeling position, he moved the victim's hair out of the way using his left hand, to make sure the Captain could see the injection site. He than looked towards the Captain and said, "Sir, this is what I am talking about" He shifted slightly so the Captain could see the mark below their ear that he was speaking of.

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • And in a moment, Knox realized it had all changed.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2017, 11:01:26 am »
[Command Deck]

Certain officers had begun not reporting to duty, nor wearing their comm. badges. It seemed a pattern was emerging, though Knox had no idea as to why. Trust this to happen whilst Knox was sitting in the chair.

=/\= Knox to Captain. Just thought you would like to be kept appraised. Some of our crew appear to be going missing, Wow, ok.... was not expecting to see that much of her. suitable
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 11:09:50 am by Katharoz Knox »

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2017, 11:49:12 am »

Tritter listened carefully to the Captain's words. He could tell they were also running on vapors, but such was the life. He than looked back towards the injection site, he than looked towards the Captain "Sir, my hypothesis is that whatever they are injecting needs a large vein to carry the drugs to the brain quickly." He than pondered for a moment and added "Druggies aren't known for being creative, I haven't found any other typical injection sites on her, but we may find some on autopsy" He knew druggies would trash any veins that they could fine, and he had a feeling that she was the type who liked to hide them, so he'd almost bet money her feet were trashed.

He than took a moment before he answered their final question, "One can hope that this is one off occurrence Captain, but with the hot bed of criminal activity we have, I doubt we will be soo lucky. But we'll have to let the facts tell us. We should get this one out of here and get the autopsy done" He than rose to his feet, he waited for a positive acknowledgement from the Captain so he could have the medical crew come in and wheel the cold one out.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles