Author Topic: Octavia Phae - Reporting in 10th October 2017  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Octavia Phae

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Octavia Phae - Reporting in 10th October 2017
« on: October 10, 2017, 05:12:47 am »
Character Details

Character Name: Octavia Phae
Character Age: 18
Character DOB: 1, April, 2376
Character Species: Betazoid
Character Family: Mother: Allora Father: Thaddeus Sister: Dorian

Character Bio
  Octavia was born with her telepathic ability already active. At the age of ten-years her parents agreed to have a neuroinhibitor implant in order to protect their daughter from any long term psychological damage.
  Octavia is considered the wild child of the family and has a rebellious side to her. This side landed her into trouble one night when her and her friends broke into an aquarium after hours. Her troublesome teen antics is what lead Octavia to enlist in Starfleet.

Previous Role-Playing Experience: A bunch of  table top games
Department Preference: Operations
Secondary Department Preference: Flight Control
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Enlisted

Sample post:
  The only sound at the station came from the transport as it groaned and hissed steam from its exhaust ports as it began to power up engines for  departure from the planets surface. Octavia watched as passengers began to line up as the transports opening hatch; she then turned her attention to her family who were lined up in front of her to say their farewells.
  Starting with her mother Octavia hugged and received a kiss on the cheek from her mother who spoke to her telepathically.
"I love you sweet child. Please look after yourself and remember to contact us once a week."
"I will mother." Octavia replied with an eye roll.
She had to stand on her tip-toes in order to wrap her arms around her dads neck who slid a weighted duffle bag off his shoulder and onto hers.
 "The universe is a big place. I envy you Octavia." Her father said smiling wide. Although Thaddeus dreamt of going off on a grand trek through the universe he'd never left Betazed. Being a father and running the family mechanic business kept his life busy enough.
Finally Octavia knelt down in front of her ten-year old sister Dorian and spoke out loud to her since her sister had development issues with her telepathy. "Love you squirt. I'll send you soon okay?" Her little sister just nodded and gave a tearful hug goodbye.

Additional information:
Octavia has a small round neuro-implant on her left temple; that allows her to suppress her powerful telepathic ability. The implant can be completely shut off but also has level adjustments allowing her to control the intensity of her telepathic abilities. Like any electronic device the neuroinhitor can be interfered. The implant is hard wired into her paracortex and cannot be removed. The faceplate of the device can be removed for maintenance purposes.

How did you find Shadow Fleet? Internet search "Star Trek  play by post"

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Octavia Phae - Reporting in 10th October 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 07:46:59 am »
Ms. Phae,

A good application.

I like the concept a lot.

Can you tell us a bit more about the extent of the telepathy (range, any limitations to species, etc).

Also, can you please find a face picture to go with your character?

Most people use http://scifiavatars.com/

Thanks in advance,

Kirok

Note - The longest reporter range is about 0.5 light year in one instance.  Pure Betazoids could not read Ferengie or Changlings (I think).  And it they were limited to reading/sending thought and reading emotions (I believe off the top of my head).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 03:44:46 pm by Kirok »

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Octavia Phae

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 12:57:34 am »
Octavia telepathic abilities have the same restrictions as any Betazoid like not being able to read Ferengi or Changlings. Or only receiving and projecting thoughts.

Her range is 0.3 light years.

Since she was born with her abilities she is extremely sensitive and without the neuroinhitor she would hear everyone's thoughts at once.

http://scifiavatars.com/avatars/16205_kunis-mila-100.png

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 07:50:54 am »
Octavia telepathic abilities have the same restrictions as any Betazoid like not being able to read Ferengi or Changlings. Or only receiving and projecting thoughts.

Her range is 0.3 light years.

Since she was born with her abilities she is extremely sensitive and without the neuroinhitor she would hear everyone's thoughts at once.

http://scifiavatars.com/avatars/16205_kunis-mila-100.png

Perfect.

That can work.

We have an open spot in the Ops Department on the Tempest.

It is yours if you want it.

Please advise,

Kirok

Offline Octavia Phae

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 01:35:50 am »
I'll take it !

Offline Jada

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • #greenlivesmatter
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 05:52:43 am »
Hi Octavia! Welcome to the Tempest!

I'm the Enlisted Persons Course (EPC) instructor. Because you're new here, you are required to pass the EPC to demonstrate your Trek knowledge, RP skills, and understanding of posting requirements. It helps you get familiar with Shadow Fleet style and be eligible for promotions, and gives you something to do until you get active in a game. :) It's pretty simple, you can write what you like for it within the prompts, and work at your own pace, but it's better to do it quickly.

Your Level One EPC starts here:
http://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/index.php/topic,8449.0.html
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 03:00:07 am by Jada »
Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 10:01:55 pm »
I'll take it !

Perfect.

Please report into Julia Rellek and James Hawk for duty by emailing them.

They will get you squared away.

And welcome aboard,

Kirok

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles