Character Age: 26
Character DOB: April 12
Character Image: see below
Character Species: Human

Character Family:
Shawn Bytes - Deceased
Margaret Toss - Deceased

Character Bio:
Kyle was an only child and his parents were both quite busy when he was a child. So, when he was a teenager, he decided to leave home behind and join Starfleet.

He studied engineering with a specialization in computer systems at the academy and graduated with average grades. After graduation, he was assigned to the USS Pluto and their first mission was to bring aid to a medical ship. The ship had been overtaken by an unknown alien race (the "Volco") who had prodigious cybernetics talents and the Pluto didn't stand a chance. The Volco overtook the Pluto and decided to use the surviving crew for test subjects. They had only tested their cybernetics on themselves up until that point and they wanted to see how it would work on other species. The tests were ultimately a failure and their bodies, along with the rest of the USS Pluto, were disposed of in a ship's graveyard.

Later on, a Ferengi trader happened upon the floating junk pile and established it as his hideout. The Ferengi grew rich on the debris and, while salvaging, found a broken down human. The savvy Ferengi had some experience with bioengineering and saw an opportunity for profit. He had a contact repair Kyle and then used him to commit crimes that would earn the Ferengi money. These included breaking and entry jobs, robbery, forgery, and theft. The best part was, when he was done with the illegal activity the Ferengi could simply wipe Kyle's memory of the crime, making his totally innocent.

It all fell apart one day when the Ferengi got greedy. He tried to rob a Federation Starbase using Kyle but an officer, and former friend of Kyle's, recognized him from his days at the academy. As Kyle's name had been listed on the MIA/dead list it raised an alarm and he was quickly rescued from his life of servitude.

After Starfleet had debriefed him Kyle asked to return to service. They didn't like what had happened to him but they allowed him to chose his own path and let him rejoin. Kyle had lost much of his past, particularly his early life, and after passing the test he was reinstated fully.

Kyle is a gifted computer technician and his augments compliment this. However, these alien augmentations come as a price. For example:

• Kyle has a photographic memory due to much of his mind being cybernetic.
  • He tends to stutter due to some minorly faulty reprogramming in his software. No one thus far has been able to fix it and it's believed by one doctor he saw that it has something to do with the way in which his brain is physically wired to his hardware.
  • As his mind is like a computer it can be wiped or deleted. He tends to download it wirelessly as a backup. If he is wiped he could lose all his skills and memories.
  • He has exceptional linguistic skills due to some language programing. It's not quite as fast as a full android or the ship's computer but he can pick up a language after hearing it a few times.
  • While he has a computer mind he also has a partially human mind. The computer component of his mind doesn't augment his IQ.

The Volco
    The Volco of were a dying alien species that had began to use cybernetic implants on their own kind. Their world Tili was located in the Dalipoh system of the Delta Quadrant. They were dying due to a deterioration in their planet's atmosphere which caused many of their young to be stillborn. They had been augmenting themselves for a long time to stave off the inevitable but it was a race they could not win. Eventually, a group of Volco left their planet and explores other nearby systems with their limited space travel. They found Tequk, a planet in another neary system, where they settled down and re established their civilization.

Your Details
    Previous Role-Playing Experience: Yes I play D'Vid
    Department Preference: OPS
    Secondary Department Preference: Engineering
    Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned

Sample post:

[Holodeck]
    Kyle Bytes who goes by Psi had decided to go out about the holodeck. It was suggested by the councilor that he should face his fear. His fear was his own stuttering in stress situations. Before he forego this project, he had asked permission if he could use the holodeck with the bridge crew on the ship he was serving. The reason was it was not wise to use other people's character in Holo programs. It was like using them when they were not aware of it. Plus Starfleet safety and security protocols reasons.

So, it had began. He twisted his head to the left and right as he was trying to take out the tension out of his neck. His dark eyes was staring into the door as he had x-ray vision. He rolled his shoulders back feeling he was ready. Heck, he stood tall with his shoulders back.

"I can do it!" He said. "Computer. Run program Psi problem. Open doors."

He had walked right into the Holodeck bridge to straight to communication station. It was a good start to force him to talk and communicate with bridge crew. It was not a second when something was coming through communication.

Pressing a few buttons, he was able to hear a language which he had not heard. Then he had put his full focus on the task. Hoping that would helped him from stuttering.

What?

Was that right? He closed his eyes to focus on what was being said in the communication array. He was hearing. "They hoping to fart the universe with toxic waste," he heard. That was not right.

"Well...well- w-w-well Sir. They said they going to hop and fart the universe with toxic waste," he replied. First he was frustrated he was stutter cause his memory was being active again. Then he was trying to keep a straight face cause the look of the crew.

He nodded his head slowly to say, it was as it is.

The Captain turned to look at the Betazoid. Her smile quickly went away. "I sense that they mean to do harm," she replied to the Captain.

Great. Fouled tongue. Fail me again, he thought to himself with an image of him banging his head against the computer console.

Additional information: I was inspired by Doctor Who for this character. Sadly I am angry at my PB Luke Bryan for his actions. Fan club folk know and I am just angry. So at this moment I want a break from using D'Vid and want to start a new character

How did you find Shadow Fleet? third planet on the right in another dimension name TWILIGHT ZONE

Constance Lafayette

Hey D'Vid, there are a few points to address before we can approve this character:

• Could you post the text on the page? Images tend to eventually end up as broken links (plus it's easier for the site's search functionality).
  • While your character may not be privy to who the alien species was that did experimentation on Kyle, we write bios as omnipotent authors. Could you include a little on that?

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Kyle Bytes

Quote from: Constance Lafayette on October 05, 2017, 09:27:50 PM

Hey D'Vid, there are a few points to address before we can approve this character:

• Could you post the text on the page? Images tend to eventually end up as broken links (plus it's easier for the site's search functionality).
  • While your character may not be privy to who the alien species was that did experimentation on Kyle, we write bios as omnipotent authors. Could you include a little on that?

Constance not exact sure what you mean by omnipotent. I was not trying to come across a god.

If you want me to design the alien race who done this. I could. But I had not seen the new Star Trek: Discovery. I was googling and saw that there is few cyborg implants to some characters due to an incident to them. If so. I can fix that he was fix by some doctor who had decided to experiment him. Then that Ferengi got his deal from the doctor. I could use that Psi was stealing illegal medical supplies.

Constance Lafayette

The phrase "as omnipotent authors" refers to the style of writing (such a "writing in the 3rd person" or "using passive voice). We, as authors (and the audience), know what will happen and what has happened even if the characters do not. I am not suggesting your character is omnipotent. I am just asking for info on what alien race did that to you- even if you need to make one up.

Implants are fine. Constance has some low-level once due be being "de-borged" surgically after that incident.

You don't need to see Star Trek Discovery to know about implants. Geordi has his visor and they are in all the series.

Yes. I'm just asking you to come up with a species.

Kyle Bytes

Well... I try to keep simple. And I figure this could be a possible of a species of a making.

Species Volco is an race that had started to use implants for their home planet. It came to a time when their species was dwindling down cause they had aborting their kind cause their species was being morphed due to the poor atmosphere of their planet. Their planet Tili of the Dalipoh system in the Delta Quadrant. The realized to save their kind was to make adjustments to save it. They had started this very long time ago. During the time a group of Volco had left the planet and started to explore in other solar systems. As time came by, the free Volco were able to start their own life on planet Tequk in near by solar system cause they did not have the power to travel very far.

Constance Lafayette

Can't conflict with canon and say they made the Borg. Get rid of that, add it to your bio, and then you'll be good to go. Poke me when you are done.

Kyle Bytes

Constance Lafayette

If you'll pardon my doing so, I took the opportunity to clean up your grammar a bit. It was kind of fragmented and difficult to read (I mostly touched up sentence structure and flow) and it reads better now (I didn't change any details).

My edited version:

[b]Character Details[/b]

[u]Character Name[/u]: Kyle "Psi" Bytes
[u]Character Age[/u]: 26
[u]Character DOB[/u]: April 12
[u]Character Image[/u]: see below
[u]Character Species[/u]: Human
[u]Gender[/u]: Male
[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/24fectx.jpg[/img]

[u]Character Family[/u]:
Shawn Bytes - Deceased
Margaret Toss - Deceased

[u]Character Bio[/u]:
Kyle was an only child and his parents were both quite busy when he was a child. So, when he was a teenager, he decided to leave home behind and join Starfleet.

He studied engineering with a specialization in computer systems at the academy and graduated with average grades. After graduation, he was assigned to the USS Pluto and their first mission was to bring aid to a medical ship. The ship had been overtaken by an unknown alien race (the "Volco") who had prodigious cybernetics talents and the Pluto didn't stand a chance. The Volco overtook the Pluto and decided to use the surviving crew for test subjects. They had only tested their cybernetics on themselves up until that point and they wanted to see how it would work on other species. The tests were ultimately a failure and their bodies, along with the rest of the USS Pluto, were disposed of in a ship's graveyard.

Later on, a Ferengi trader happened upon the floating junk pile and established it as his hideout. The Ferengi grew rich on the debris and, while salvaging, found a broken down human. The savvy Ferengi had some experience with bioengineering and saw an opportunity for profit. He had a contact repair Kyle and then used him to commit crimes that would earn the Ferengi money. These included breaking and entry jobs, robbery, forgery, and theft. The best part was, when he was done with the illegal activity the Ferengi could simply wipe Kyle's memory of the crime, making his totally innocent.

It all fell apart one day when the Ferengi got greedy. He tried to rob a Federation Starbase using Kyle but an officer, and former friend of Kyle's, recognized him from his days at the academy. As Kyle's name had been listed on the MIA/dead list it raised an alarm and he was quickly rescued from his life of servitude.

After Starfleet had debriefed him Kyle asked to return to service. They didn't like what had happened to him but they allowed him to chose his own path and let him rejoin. Kyle had lost much of his past, particularly his early life, and after passing the test he was reinstated fully.

Kyle is a gifted computer technician and his augments compliment this. However, these alien augmentations come as a price. For example:
[*]Kyle has a photographic memory due to much of his mind being cybernetic.
[*]He tends to stutter due to some minorly faulty reprogramming in his software. No one thus far has been able to fix it and it's believed by one doctor he saw that it has something to do with the way in which his brain is physically wired to his hardware.
[*]As his mind is like a computer it can be wiped or deleted. He tends to download it wirelessly as a backup. If he is wiped he could lose all his skills and memories.
[*]He has exceptional linguistic skills due to some language programing. It's not quite as fast as a full android or the ship's computer but he can pick up a language after hearing it a few times.
[*]While he has a computer mind he also has a partially human mind. The computer component of his mind doesn't augment his IQ.

[b]The Volco[b]
The Volco of were a dying alien species that had began to use cybernetic implants on their own kind. Their world Tili was located in the Dalipoh system of the Delta Quadrant. They were dying due to a deterioration in their planet's atmosphere which caused many of their young to be stillborn. They had been augmenting themselves for a long time to stave off the inevitable but it was a race they could not win. Eventually, a group of Volco left their planet and explores other nearby systems with their limited space travel. They found Tequk, a planet in another neary system, where they settled down and re established their civilization.

[b]Your Details[/b]
[u]Previous Role-Playing Experience[/u]: Yes I play D'Vid
[u]Department Preference[/u]: Engineering
[u]Secondary Department Preference[/u]: Communications
[u]Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian[/u]: Commissioned

[u]Sample post[/u]:

[Holodeck]
Kyle Bytes who goes by Psi had decided to go out about the holodeck. It was suggested by the councilor that he should face his fear. His fear was his own stuttering in stress situations. Before he forego this project, he had asked permission if he could use the holodeck with the bridge crew on the ship he was serving. The reason was it was not wise to use other people's character in Holo programs. It was like using them when they were not aware of it. Plus Starfleet safety and security protocols reasons.

So, it had began. He twisted his head to the left and right as he was trying to take out the tension out of his neck. His dark eyes was staring into the door as he had x-ray vision. He rolled his shoulders back feeling he was ready. Heck, he stood tall with his shoulders back.

"I can do it!" He said. "Computer. Run program Psi problem. Open doors."

He had walked right into the Holodeck bridge to straight to communication station. It was a good start to force him to talk and communicate with bridge crew. It was not a second when something was coming through communication.

Pressing a few buttons, he was able to hear a language which he had not heard. Then he had put his full focus on the task. Hoping that would helped him from stuttering.

What?

Was that right? He closed his eyes to focus on what was being said in the communication array. He was hearing. "They hoping to fart the universe with toxic waste," he heard. That was not right.

"Well...well- w-w-well Sir. They said they going to hop and fart the universe with toxic waste," he replied. First he was frustrated he was stutter cause his memory was being active again. Then he was trying to keep a straight face cause the look of the crew.

He nodded his head slowly to say, it was as it is.

The Captain turned to look at the Betazoid. Her smile quickly went away. "I sense that they mean to do harm," she replied to the Captain.

[i]Great. Fouled tongue. Fail me again,[i] he thought to himself with an image of him banging his head against the computer console.

[u]Additional information[/u]: I was inspired by Doctor Who for this character. Sadly I am angry at my PB Luke Bryan for his actions. Fan club folk know and I am just angry. So at this moment I want a break from using D'Vid and want to start a new character

[u]How did you find Shadow Fleet?[/u] third planet on the right in another dimension name TWILIGHT ZONE

You have my approval (whether you use your version or my edited one below).

Kirok will assign you to a ship.

Also, so you are aware, most of the time computer and communication positions are in the Operations department rather than the Engineering department (their might be a few computer repair positions in engineering.)

Did you want Ops or Engineering?

Kyle Bytes

Constance,

Thank you for your help.

I did edit the Ops for first and then Engineering.

Now we wait on Kirok.

Kirok

Quote from: Kyle "Psi" Bytes on October 07, 2017, 01:52:51 PM

Constance,

Thank you for your help.

I did edit the Ops for first and then Engineering.

Now we wait on Kirok.

Wait no longer ;-)

Let's put Kyle on the Athena.

They could use another Ops person.

Please report into James Carter and Constance for duty.

And welcome aboard,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Kyle Bytes

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.