Author Topic: Morok Curgh - Reporting In (4th October, 2017)  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Morok Curgh

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Morok Curgh - Reporting In (4th October, 2017)
« on: October 04, 2017, 05:49:15 pm »
Character Details

Character Name:Morok Curgh
Character Age: 40
Character DOB:2355
Character Image: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/images/f/f9/Angosian_soldier_4.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080329145843&path-prefix=en (I realize this might have to change but it was the only Angosian picture I could find.)
Character Species:Angosian
Character Family: Morok Curgh jr. (Son) Moina Curgh (Wife Deceased)
Character Bio: Morok is a modified angosian Orphan who never knew his parents. He was genetically modified to fight as a soldier for the angosian government then locked in prison for years before finally being set free. Upon finding his freedom he worked day in and out for years saving up enough money to finally get a transport off planet.

He was married to and bore child with an angosian by the name of Moina, who had come along for the long journey looking for adventure. She died during childbirth mid transit leaving him completely alone.

Personal hobbies are limited to the realm of models with an almost obsessive level of detail given to each and every kit he assembles. He loves building small worlds (In T scale) in or out of the holodeck which encompasses the majority of his free time. He loves watching how they work and it helps him to curb his anger management issues.

He joined Starfleet as a way of trying to thank them for the freedom that was brought to himself and the other prisoners, hoping to dedicate his life to more peaceful pursuits.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: I've done quite a bit of mushing and some play by post experience at Ongoing worlds back in the day as John Bromin. Really most my experience is in the realm of chat based roleplay like mushes muds and the like.
Department Preference:Security
Secondary Department Preference:Engineering
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian:Enlisted

Sample post: It was the middle of a shift change. The night wore on long and boring as it ever did around these parts. Lights of the hall shone bright as day while Morok wandered the halls.

Then something began to feel off. The ship lurched lazily to one side sending him tumbling to the ground his phaser all but slipping out from its holster from the impact.

Soon after came the flickering of lights, the whole world growing dim as he stumbled back to a stand using the hull of the ship to support himself. Eyes narrowed in the darkness looking down the hall towards the brig.

Morok ran down the hall as fast as his legs would carry him. The lights dimmed an eary red flash along the walls of the ship, as they'd gone to red alert.

Up ahead the sound of phaser fire rang out through the brig, the back and fourth of a small scale conflict. From the moment the power had gone down the prisoners swarmed out from their holding cells jumping guards.

As he ran into the frey he unholstered his phaser set to stun. As he moved a familiar voice called out to him over his com badge. "Kwalsk, take Curgh and breach from your side, we'll be doing a simultaneous breach from the other" A pause in the broadcast "I want no casualties this time."

"On it lieutenant." Ensign Kwalsk spoke out as he came around the other corner of the hall, the two met up right at the doors to the ships brig. He was giving the orders this operation. "Curgh" He spoke calmly pulling his own phaser. "I hope you can control yourself out there, remember this isn't a warzone, this is just a small scale breakout."

Morok stood silent pressed up against the wall with an unhappy expression on his face. He had lived through war, seen the hells of its fruit and lived to see the other side, he wasn't a child. Yet the way he was spoken to still hit a bit of a nerve, as if he were some dangerous weapon rather then a member of the crew.

"Alright on three." Kwalsk called out. "One....Two... Three"

The doors slid open and the two men piled in from one side two more from the other. Military action was fast and efficient. Phaser blasts flew back and fourth as the two made it for cover of an empty cell. Shots fired back and fourth down the corridor.

In only a few intense seconds the fighting was over, and three armed Klingons lay stunned down onto the ground. For many it would have been a busy day, but for Morok it was Tuesday.

Additional information:

How did you find Shadow Fleet?The game created on ongoing worlds.

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Morok Curgh - Reporting In (4th October, 2017)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 06:32:21 pm »
It's not my place to approve characters, but as far as your image goes I found the following quote at Memory Alpha:

The Angosians were an intelligent humanoid race originating from the planet Angosia III. Outwardly indistinguishable from Humans, Angosians eschewed violence, preferring to focus on intellectual development.

So you can use any image you want.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 07:53:20 pm »
Mr. Curgh,

An interesting application.

We have never had an Angosian here, so you will be the first!

I have plenty of Sec/Tac options for you.

But before that, is there anything super special about the genetic modification of being a soldier?   Is he bionic or physically enhanced in some way?

If so, we might want to make him a bit older - like 58 or 60.  Reason being is that is 2395 now and Enterprise-D visited in 2366 during a war that probably lasted several years.  Also we would assume you were old enough (21ish) to enter the war.

Given we don't know the life span of the Angosian, 58 could still be relatively young (if they can live to 150 or 200 ;-).

Please advise and then we can get you squared away!

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Morok Curgh

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 07:59:54 pm »
Well I'd say he's got full range bio-enhancments, so i'd assume slowed down aging process to keep them fighting longer, more quick on the draw with a phaser, and the modifications they talk on the show about where they don't show up as a life sign on scanners.

It would all be minor stuff that would generally make him a better soldier which would have some carry over to being security.

Heck I'd be fine with bumping it up to 70, have some fun with it, crank that age up, and go. The big negative is of course the managmant and stigma associated with the fact that they were basically bread to kill. And killing machines tend not to get as much respect stigma and all that jazz.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 09:58:04 pm »
Well I'd say he's got full range bio-enhancments, so i'd assume slowed down aging process to keep them fighting longer, more quick on the draw with a phaser, and the modifications they talk on the show about where they don't show up as a life sign on scanners.

It would all be minor stuff that would generally make him a better soldier which would have some carry over to being security.

Heck I'd be fine with bumping it up to 70, have some fun with it, crank that age up, and go. The big negative is of course the managmant and stigma associated with the fact that they were basically bread to kill. And killing machines tend not to get as much respect stigma and all that jazz.

Morok,

Let's say the age is 65 and call it a day!

The bio-enhancement you mentioned are ok. 

With you not showing up on life signs, we will need to agree on a way to lock onto you during transports.  A com badge will work - but if you loose it not so good.  Or you can get a radioactive implant of some type.  I will leave you to work that out in character with your SIMM doctor if you like.

Otherwise, but post it here or in your bio so we know what to go with.

As for now, we would like to assign you to the Sec/Tac department of the the Athena. 

Please let us know if that will work.

Sincerely,

Kirok

Offline Morok Curgh

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 10:48:41 am »
That works for me just fine and dandy!

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 04:23:44 pm »
That works for me just fine and dandy!

Perfect.

Please report into (send an email to) James Carter & Constance Lafayette.

They will get you started.

Welcome aboard,

Kirok

PS - I can have someone start your Enlisted Training Course right away if you like.

Offline Morok Curgh

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 08:45:04 pm »
Sounds like a plan!

Offline Jada

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • #greenlivesmatter
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 10:37:12 pm »
Welcome!

I'm the Enlisted Persons Course (EPC) instructor. Because you're new here, you are required to pass the EPC to demonstrate your Trek knowledge, RP skills, and understanding of posting requirements. It helps you get familiar with Shadow Fleet style and be eligible for promotions, and gives you something to do until you get active in a game. :) It's pretty simple, you can write what you like for it within the prompts, and work at your own pace, but it's better to do it quickly.

Your Level One EPC starts here:
http://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/index.php/topic,8430.0.html
Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles