S1-M9 Borg-ulon

Started by James A. Hawke, October 01, 2017, 11:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amynta Lianez

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on October 08, 2017, 03:29:00 PM

[Sickbay[
"This should do the trick." Alyssa replied. "Just hold tight." She placed the hypospray on her patient's neck and pressed the trigger. The hypospray let out a hiss as the medication was dispensed. "You should be feeling better in a minute. Is there anything else I can do for you while you're here?"

Since the doctor had launched right back into her duties after her slightly cryptic remark about needing a counseling appointment, Amynta opted to wait patiently for her treatment of the young woman to finish. Zex seemed nice enough, and the counselor gave her a friendly, if slightly awkward, smile as she moved to wait off to the side. Thankfully Dr. Meadows appeared to have the situation well under control, and it seemed that Zex would be on her way in no time--leaving Amynta more time to question her new friend about what she needed.

Species: Trill (Unjoined)
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."  Shakespeare (Hamlet)

Kirok

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on October 08, 2017, 03:29:00 PM

[Sickbay[
"This should do the trick." Alyssa replied. "Just hold tight." She placed the hypospray on her patient's neck and pressed the trigger. The hypospray let out a hiss as the medication was dispensed. "You should be feeling better in a minute. Is there anything else I can do for you while you're here?"

[Sickbay]

"No, thank you doctor.  I've already had my annual physical.  I think I just need to give the medication time to do it's work" Zex said.

"Maybe I could relax for a minute or two.  I'll close my eye and lay my head back.  If that's ok" the Deltan suggested.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Zex on October 09, 2017, 04:28:36 PM

[Sickbay]

"No, thank you doctor.  I've already had my annual physical.  I think I just need to give the medication time to do it's work" Zex said.

"Maybe I could relax for a minute or two.  I'll close my eye and lay my head back.  If that's ok" the Deltan suggested.

[Sickbay]
"Understood." Alyssa said. She began walking away from the biobed towards Amnyta. She noticed on one of the trays was the laser scalpel she had used when operating on their Romulan captive. It appeared that Dr. Smithe hadn't put it away like he was supposed to have when Alyssa had asked him to take over. She fixed her gaze on it for a moment when the thought of using it on both Zex and Amynta crossed her mind. No, that's not who she needed to use it on. Killing them wouldn't help her. She needed to kill Dr. Smithe.

No. Alyssa thought to herself. She felt like she was fighting against the urge to breathe. She could almost feel her arm reaching for the scalpel. It took every ounce of willpower to stop herself.

Alyssa shook her head. "As I was saying," Alyssa began when she got closer to the counselor. "When are you free?"

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

William Waring

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on October 05, 2017, 05:34:51 PM

[Ready Room]
Risa? Alyssa arched an eyebrow. Hot damn, a vacation already? The last time she was in Starfleet, she was pulling double shifts as an XO, but it seemed that being a lower rank had its perks now.This was actually really great. If they could go on vacation every other week, all better. Alyssa nodded and smiled and exited the room. What a strange man.

Alyssa headed out of the ready room, crossed the bridge, and made her way to the turbolift. "Computer, take me to sickbay." she said.

"This turbolift is unable to take you directly to sickbay." The cool feminine computer voice quipped.

"Ugh. Fine. Take me to whatever deck sickbay is on, okay?"

"Acknowledged."

The turbolift began to hum as it descended into the belly of the ship. The sound was actually a bit relaxing to her, which was odd, because her largest complaint about the lift system was that it always put her to sleep. Alyssa closed her eyes and hummed along for a moment, enjoying the vibrations in her throat.

The sudden jarring words of the man's all hands transmission jolted Alyssa out of her impromptu meditation session. She grumbled, feeling the heat of anger beginning to rise. She tapped her comm badge and as it clicked, she began speaking.

=/\=Mr. Waring, I wholeheartedly suggest being more mindful when sending out transmissions like that as you might be interrupting something important. Need I remind you that physical season is coming up? Well, to reiterate, physical season is coming, and what you might not know is that I have managed to convince Dr. Smithe to let me lead that effort. Now, for my trouble I advise you allow me to access the top shelf stuff as well. Meadows out.=/\=

As she finished the transmission, the turbolift stopped and the doors opened. Alyssa stepped off of the lift and headed towards sickbay. She was three hours into her shift, and she had to ensure everything was ready for fun.

[Bridge]

Will didn't let the communication phase him and instead responded to it.

=A= Well Lieutenant, I'll certainly make a note of that in the reservation! =A=

Closing the channel he wondered how an All Hands call could be anything but interruptive but it was cut short by a communication from thr Captain.

Quote from: James A. Hawke on October 07, 2017, 11:56:08 AM

[Ready Room]

As James finished, he expected some people to question his last command.  Telling the crew to prepare to battle the Borg and booking a vacation to Risa might appear to be crazy.  Hopefully, everyone thinks the same.
As the crew was dismissed he saw them leaving the room except some a couple of them.

James looked down and said "You think what I want the Romulans to think.  I just need you to trust me right now; time is of the essence.  I am putting you in charge of getting all nonessential personnel, pregnant species out of the ship and into shuttles for Risa.  You have my complete authority on the matter You also have 2 hours to get this done.  I also need you to make sure all the shuttles remaining combat ready.   You are dismissed"

James wanted to explain everything to Ardy but he just delegated her major duty.  She will likely have to deal with people, cadets and love one that would like to stay on the ship.  However, he does not want to risk people's life if he could avoid it.

James nodded and said "Of Course, T'ra"

He waited for a couple of seconds
James smiled for a second and then press his pin =/\= Will, make sure you transmit this message on unsecured lines.  I also want you to talk to Risa and start giving our reservation and names in an unsecured line any compensation will be transmitted in a low encryption line, Hawke out  =/\=

As he finished he turned around and waited for the room to be cleared he continued "I know my orders might seem erratic to most minds" James stated

James then began explaining "The Romulans sent three ships to find out what he knew about our "guest".  They risked a war to recover the data or find out what happened.  They diverted considerable resources into their project.  Do you think after doing all of that they will simply take our word and leave?  No, that's not what I would do.  A competent commander would use their one advantage which is cloaking technology and follow them until I can ascertain whether is true or we are bluffing.   I would be a poor Captain if I did not make any precautions to such a logical event."

James then continued explaining "We are meeting an Admiral in a State of the Art ship in a location that is rarely patrolled and have a natural cover on the censors.  A great hiding place.  Best case scenario we warp into a base of operation and a clue.  Worst case scenario a great hiding place.  Such tactics would be suspicious from the Romulan point of view and rightfully so."

Then concludes "Risa, was meant for the ship that is probably following us.  No Captain in their right mind will discover vital information and go to a pleasure planet.  The two hours were selected so they can contact their command and get their new assignment because having three ships cloak in a pleasure planet will reduce their ship morale.  No one wants to see someone else having a good time on a vacation."  James finished with a  smile.

"I know, it looks crazy, but everything had a logic to it, the problem is that is not apparent at first sight.  That is also by design.  If I were ever fighting myself, I would be scared when it appears to be random "  James explaining

=A= Tsk tsk Captain. All the arrangements are already in progress as per your request. I even had them set aside a portion of the top shelf just for you. =A=

None of this made any sense but orders were orders and he wasn't going to cheat himself out of free time off! Well that's assuming this whole Risa deal was legit anyways...

RESERVED

Fala Awen

[Hangar Bay 2]

An hour and a half later, Caelene emerged from the Delta Flyer. Amelia (NPC) was still working on the vessel's structural components, but Ardyn was no longer there. Of course, she'd been given other orders to carry out. Trusty toolkit in hand, the Trill moved over to Amelia. "How are you coming along?"

Amelia's black eyes glanced over in Caelene's direction, "Making progress, Commander. I should have this completed in the next twenty to thirty minutes."

Nodding, Caelene replied, "Good work. Once you're done, report back to Engineering; I'm certain you'll be assigned to one of the damage control teams and you can learn your assignment. I'm on my way back there now. If you need something, let me know."

She took a brief look at the outside of the Flyer and nodded in approval before tapping her comm badge. =/ \=Tam to Jaegar. I've made adjustments to the acceleration and sensors for the Delta Flyer and also ran diagnostics on the other systems. Once Ensign Stadi finishes her structural work in the next twenty to thirty minutes, she should be good as new. Try to go a little easier on her this time though... =/ \=

[Main Engineering]

After a long turbolift ride down to Deck 29, Caelene had quickly made her way through the corridors and walked into Main Engineering. The large room was bustling with activity, much as she expected. Her brown eyes swept the room and she spotted Petty Officer Lestrade (NPC) at one of the consoles near the warp core. "Petty Officer, report."

Gabriel looked up at her, a bit surprised it seemed. "Ma'am! I didn't realize you were here. Well, uh... We've run diagnostics on every system and have not found any issues. Obviously with the deadline we couldn't run in depth diagnostics of every system, but we've done our best. I just finished the warp systems diagnostic test and was just re-running the impulse engine diagnostic."

Tilting her slightly as she considered the information, Caelene frowned slightly, "Re-running the impulse system diagnostic? Why?"

"I'm sure it's nothing, Commander... T'Vana (NPC) thought a couple of the numbers were slightly off and since we were nearly done, she felt it was 'illogical' to not re-run the test. They were still within normal operating limits, ma'am, but...well...better safe than sorry, I suppose," Gabriel responded as he brought up the results to show her.

Caelene looked over his shoulder at the results. The numbers were slightly off, just as T'Vana had pointed out, but Gabriel was right too, they were within normal operating tolerances. At least her staff was thorough. She nodded, "Okay; good work Gabriel. If you find anything else, let me know."

A cluster of engineers was off to the side, with Arol (NPC) at the center of the group. Caelene made her way there next, but hung back, listening.

"DiVora (NPC), Morgak (NPC), and Aledra (NPC) - you're on Damage Control Team Nine. You'll be covering Decks 17-19. Next up -," the Bajoran glanced over, noticing the Chief Engineering Officer and turned to Aledra, handing the Bolian the PADD he'd been reading from. "Here, take over for me for a few minutes."

Caelene waited until Arol stood in front of her and nodded. "I take it you made the assignments and are now giving them out?"

"Yes. Some teams will be covering multiple decks, but we can shuffle them around depending on where we take damage. I have a core team of engineers remaining here, one of the damage control teams will be based out of the computer core area, and everyone else has been accounted for," he explained.

Changing her grip on the toolkit she still held, Caelene said, "Very good. I assume a copy of the assignments is on my desk?" Seeing him nod, she continued, "Thank you for the update, Arol. I'll look through it now as a second set of eyes. Also, Ensign Stadi should be finished in the Hangar Bay soon, so she'll need to know where she's assigned."

"I'll see to it," Arol confirmed before moving back towards the group he had left behind.

Caelene tapped her comm badge, =/ \=Engineering to Bridge. Diagnostics have been completed and damage control teams assigned - they'll just need to get in position. Everything looks good from down here. =/ \=

Taking a deep breath, she hurried back into her office. She trusted Arol, but wanted to have an idea of who would be where regardless. It was good to know who she could call on when needed. Caelene settled back into her chair as she picked up the PADD and sighed. She and those in her department had done all they could for the time being. The real test would come when the ship was truly in action...

OFF: Tag Ardyn/Bridge (should you wish to reply)

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: James A. Hawke on October 07, 2017, 11:56:08 AM

[Ready Room]

James looked down and said "You think what I want the Romulans to think.  I just need you to trust me right now; time is of the essence.  I am putting you in charge of getting all nonessential personnel, pregnant species out of the ship and into shuttles for Risa.  You have my complete authority on the matter You also have 2 hours to get this done.  I also need you to make sure all the shuttles remaining combat ready.   You are dismissed"

James nodded and said "Of Course, T'ra"
As he finished he turned around and waited for the room to be cleared he continued "I know my orders might seem erratic to most minds" James stated

James then began explaining "The Romulans sent three ships to find out what he knew about our "guest".  They risked a war to recover the data or find out what happened.  They diverted considerable resources into their project.  Do you think after doing all of that they will simply take our word and leave?  No, that's not what I would do.  A competent commander would use their one advantage which is cloaking technology and follow them until I can ascertain whether is true or we are bluffing.   I would be a poor Captain if I did not make any precautions to such a logical event."

James then continued explaining "We are meeting an Admiral in a State of the Art ship in a location that is rarely patrolled and have a natural cover on the censors.  A great hiding place.  Best case scenario we warp into a base of operation and a clue.  Worst case scenario a great hiding place.  Such tactics would be suspicious from the Romulan point of view and rightfully so."

Then concludes "Risa, was meant for the ship that is probably following us.  No Captain in their right mind will discover vital information and go to a pleasure planet.  The two hours were selected so they can contact their command and get their new assignment because having three ships cloak in a pleasure planet will reduce their ship morale.  No one wants to see someone else having a good time on a vacation."  James finished with a  smile.

"I know, it looks crazy, but everything had a logic to it, the problem is that is not apparent at first sight.  That is also by design.  If I were ever fighting myself, I would be scared when it appears to be random "  James explaining

[Ready Room]

T'Ra waited quietly as the captain issued a few last commands, electing not to remind him that she herself was pregnant. She was fairly certain she had informed him already, but he had more important things on his mind, listening patiently as he verbally manifested the storm of thoughts raging through his mind.

"So it is your intention to have the Romulans chase after a red herring," she concluded after taking a brief moment to process all what he had said. It was, in a sense, a relief to know that there was some sort of method to the madness (she would never forget the time when the plan was to have no plan). It just took a little bit of work to dig through Hawke's crazy antics to find the logic scattered throughout. "I can't say with any certainty whether you are in your right mind, sir, but I do trust you know what you're doing."

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Tekin Nevir

[Bridge - USS Discovery]

It was good to actually focus on work.. that helped keep his mind occupied and away from the challenges they were facing.  Romulan Borgs and an out of hand senior staff.  His work was cut out for him.  It was a relief when Alex announced they were approaching the exit way of the tunnel, and soon the viewscreen showed the familiar black field of stars.

Right in the middle of that field, another modern advanced ship was visible, as they started an approach from the port side.

"There she is... one advanced vessel to another.  The Odyssey class." Nevir said, a bit in awe.  He looked down and tapped his armrest console.

=/\= "Admiral to the Bridge, we've arrive with the Shran."  =/\=

"Hail them." he said, standing up and waiting for the confirmation that the channel was open.

=/\= "This is Commander Tekin Nevir of the USS Discovery.  Sorry we're late."  =/\=

Amynta Lianez

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on October 09, 2017, 07:36:51 PM

[Sickbay]
"Understood." Alyssa said. She began walking away from the biobed towards Amnyta. She noticed on one of the trays was the laser scalpel she had used when operating on their Romulan captive. It appeared that Dr. Smithe hadn't put it away like he was supposed to have when Alyssa had asked him to take over. She fixed her gaze on it for a moment when the thought of using it on both Zex and Amynta crossed her mind. No, that's not who she needed to use it on. Killing them wouldn't help her. She needed to kill Dr. Smithe.

No. Alyssa thought to herself. She felt like she was fighting against the urge to breathe. She could almost feel her arm reaching for the scalpel. It took every ounce of willpower to stop herself.

Alyssa shook her head. "As I was saying," Alyssa began when she got closer to the counselor. "When are you free?"

[Sickbay]

Amynta tipped her head slightly to the side as she appraised Alyssa's behavior. She seemed more on edge than usual, and something seemed a bit off. Thankfully her only appointments for today weren't for a few hours, and something told her that all the hustle and bustle meant they would end up being rescheduled anyway. "I'm free now, Doctor. Would you like to speak in my office?" Her tone was curious, but not concerned. She was actually very interested to get a glimpse into her new friend's mind--if she didn't mind sharing, that is. "It can be as formal or as informal as you like."

Species: Trill (Unjoined)
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."  Shakespeare (Hamlet)

Kirok

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on October 09, 2017, 07:36:51 PM

[Sickbay]

[Sickbay]

As promised, the Deltan closed her eyes and tried to relax.  She pushed away all those everyday thought about her schedule, her duties, and possibly being late for shift.  And allowed the medication to start ease her pain.

It was working as the medication should.  But for a brief moment, Zex felt a strong sense of danger in the room - very close to her.  But before she could open her eyes, it passed.

'Odd' she thought to herself.  But thought nothing more of it.  And again focused on relaxing.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Amynta Lianez on October 10, 2017, 02:27:59 PM

[Sickbay]

Amynta tipped her head slightly to the side as she appraised Alyssa's behavior. She seemed more on edge than usual, and something seemed a bit off. Thankfully her only appointments for today weren't for a few hours, and something told her that all the hustle and bustle meant they would end up being rescheduled anyway. "I'm free now, Doctor. Would you like to speak in my office?" Her tone was curious, but not concerned. She was actually very interested to get a glimpse into her new friend's mind--if she didn't mind sharing, that is. "It can be as formal or as informal as you like."

[Sickbay]
"Awesome." Alyssa said. "Albert, I'm taking my lunch. I'll be back later." She knew Doctor Smithe wouldn't care, but she felt like he should know anyway. She had the impression that even if he wasn't okay with her leaving at the moment, he wouldn't say anything; she could read the fear on his face. "Lead the way, Counselor."

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on October 10, 2017, 12:28:25 PM

[Bridge - USS Discovery]

It was good to actually focus on work.. that helped keep his mind occupied and away from the challenges they were facing.  Romulan Borgs and an out of hand senior staff.  His work was cut out for him.  It was a relief when Alex announced they were approaching the exit way of the tunnel, and soon the viewscreen showed the familiar black field of stars.

Right in the middle of that field, another modern advanced ship was visible, as they started an approach from the port side.

"There she is... one advanced vessel to another.  The Odyssey class." Nevir said, a bit in awe.  He looked down and tapped his armrest console.

=/\= "Admiral to the Bridge, we've arrive with the Shran."  =/\=

"Hail them." he said, standing up and waiting for the confirmation that the channel was open.

=/\= "This is Commander Tekin Nevir of the USS Discovery.  Sorry we're late."  =/\=

Bridge - USS Shran

Katcha was keeping an eye on all the readouts when she was the incoming message. She turned to Hawke.

"Keptin. Ve have an incoming message from ze USS Discovery." She reported.

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

James A. Hawke

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on October 10, 2017, 12:59:46 AM

"So it is your intention to have the Romulans chase after a red herring,"
"I can't say with any certainty whether you are in your right mind, sir, but I do trust you know what you're doing."

[Briefing Room]

James looked down and smiled he heard her comment calling him crazy.  It was not the first nor the last time he will hear that comment.

"You remind me of my command academy instructor.  I think the term you are looking for is "unorthodox"".  As he finished he smiled and did a friendly tap on T'Ra's shoulder.

[Bridge]

The preparations were undergoing and the crew was doing as expected.

James sat down on the Captain char and listed to reports. Ops was doing what they were supposed to do and Engineering was ready.

** 2 Hours Later **

After preparing the ship for combat for two hours and heading towards Risa.  James turned to Will and said "Get me ship wired"

=/\= Attention crew, as some of you might have heard we are on a course for Risa.  Also some of you have heard  we are also preparing for battle against the Borg.  In reality, there is no trip to Risa, it was a plan to confuse our enemies.  We are preparing for battle against a dreadful enemy.  I trust this crew to do what needs to be down.  We will be taking them down.  Hawke out =/\=

James then stood from the Captain's seat and said "Helm, lay in a course to the Rendevous Point"

After that order he presses his comm =/\= James to Ardy, get all the children, nonessential personnel, and pregnant crew off the ship now.  Lay them a course to Risa, Hawke out =/\=

Within a couple of seconds he got an unexpected report.

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on October 10, 2017, 08:26:09 PM

"Keptin. Ve have an incoming message from ze USS Discovery." She reported.
James then said "It appears they are early.  Onscreen"
Quote from: Tekin Nevir on October 10, 2017, 12:28:25 PM

[Bridge - USS Discovery]

James then looked at the view screen and replied

=/\= Commander Nevir, it's been a while.  This is the Shran we are currently evacuating all nonessential personnel, children and pregnant individuals off the ship in preparation for combat.  I would like to request permission to come to your vessel, so we can coordinate the search the cube.  =/\=

Click on the Badge to see bio

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: James A. Hawke on October 10, 2017, 08:40:21 PM

[Briefing Room]

James looked down and smiled he heard her comment calling him crazy.  It was not the first nor the last time he will hear that comment.

"You remind me of my command academy instructor.  I think the term you are looking for is "unorthodox"".  As he finished he smiled and did a friendly tap on T'Ra's shoulder.

[Bridge]

James sat down on the Captain char and listed to reports. Ops was doing what they were supposed to do and Engineering was ready.

[Ready Room]

T'Ra arched a brow, not entirely sure how to respond to the remark, but she was glad to see the captain was amused. "I would certainly agree that Á¢â,¬Ëœunorthodox' is a better fit," she replied in a light tone, "but it does not quite convey the ludicrous obstinacy that seems to make your plans work." T'Ra hoped it was a good thing that she reminded him of an old instructor because she couldn't exactly say the same for him. Hawke's methods were far more interesting (and occasionally entertaining).

[Bridge]

Following Hawke onto the bridge, T'Ra made her way to the science station, pulling up some of the documents she had been looking at before the captain had called her to the ready room. =^=Jones to Inzjana,=^= she said, tapping her badge, =^=any chance you've been able to take a look at the data from those borg implants Doctor Meadows removed from the defector?=^=

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Inzjana

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on October 11, 2017, 01:57:10 AM

[Ready Room]

T'Ra arched a brow, not entirely sure how to respond to the remark, but she was glad to see the captain was amused. "I would certainly agree that Á¢â,¬Ëœunorthodox' is a better fit," she replied in a light tone, "but it does not quite convey the ludicrous obstinacy that seems to make your plans work." T'Ra hoped it was a good thing that she reminded him of an old instructor because she couldn't exactly say the same for him. Hawke's methods were far more interesting (and occasionally entertaining).

[Bridge]

Following Hawke onto the bridge, T'Ra made her way to the science station, pulling up some of the documents she had been looking at before the captain had called her to the ready room. =^=Jones to Inzjana,=^= she said, tapping her badge, =^=any chance you've been able to take a look at the data from those borg implants Doctor Meadows removed from the defector?=^=

SCIENCE LAB 2

Even though Inzjana was meditating, her mind couldn't help but wander back to before her missing memory - It was a Friday night at the Daystrom Institute's person Shuttle docks. Inzjana and her long time mentor and friend, Professor Andre Offenbach were seeing to the last checks of the altered Delta Class Shuttle. Andre was fussing over the newly constructed Tachyon Magneto-Gravitic Drive which pretty much looked like a sphere about the size of a Basketball, although Inzjana had no idea what a basketball was, even though Andre tried many times, to explain it to her but he always managed to loose his train of thought, so he always lit his ever present pipe and went and stared out the window. The sphere part of the Tachyon Drive was actually the primary reactor core, a torus within the magnetized sphere which looked remarkably like an oversized ball-bearing surrounded by a thick honeycomb shaped shield and Quantum Vacuum Plasma Drive system.

The warp core and impulse drive were meticulously removed by engineering students from Starfleet Academy, although they had no idea why they were doing it, all they were told is that it was a new part of their curriculum. Power would come from the Tachyon Magneto-Gravitic Drive itself due to the properties of Xerum 525, or what is commonly known as Red Mercury, or Red Matter, a highly toxic mercury-based plasma that generated massive amounts of X-Rays, Gamma-Rays and fast-electrons. Any unshielded exposure for more than ten minutes would reduce all organic matter to black goo in moments. Interestingly enough, although Xerum 525 was very dangerous it was still not as dangerous as antimatter and provided far more energy in gigajoules per second, than antimatter/matter reactor ever could.

Andre finally finished fussing and allowed the techs to fill the sphere with Xerum 525 from specialized electromagnetic force field shielded canisters. Excited Andre called out to Inzjana who was in the cockpit trying to be more patient than she actually was, "let's give this baby a whirl Inzj."

"As you wish Professor," Inzjana said, cringing at his pet-name for her. She had given up trying to correct him, all he would do is give her one of his famous cheeky grins and wink.

The Tachyon Drive powered up with a loud "WOOHOO!" coming from the eminent professor. He walked in to cockpit beaming and sat down in to the copilots chair with a 'whumpf' and a sigh of pleasure. The flight from the the Daystrom Institute Shuttle Bay to orbit went quickly albeit with a stoic Vulcan and a 65 year, who was acting like a 5 year old with his favourite Christmas present in tow. They prepared to interface with the Earth's X-Point and made the journey through Interspace (wormhole space - cosmic web) without a hitch and exited Interspace in the Arcturus system in a matter of seconds. It was then that the 90 kilogram 5 year old, just couldn't contain himself, jumped up and stated emphatically, "AGAIN...AGAIN..."

With an eyebrow raised, Inzjana entered to spatio-temporal coordinates for the next jump that should of taken them to the local X-Point around Arcturus 2, to Aldebaran. At least that was what was supposed to happen. Sure Inzjana entered the coordinates correctly in the Universe.Galaxy.Star.Planet. system they had spent a year on to work out for the navigational computer and they had entered the X-Point at the right vector and the Interspace jump was mostly successful, but when they were supposed to exit, that was when everything went black and they had re-entered the Arcturus system what they were to find out later at the Daystrom Institute was a full year later.

Of course it was all put down to the nature of wormhole physics and all to quickly for Inzjana's liking, left at that. But this is when Inzjana's nightmares had started...the trip there and back, the blackness and something dark and ominous just out of reach.

It was then that Inzjana's thoughts came back to the present and the chime of her commbadge just after the usual last part of her nightmare lingering with: WE ARE THE BORG.

=/\= Inzjana to T'Ra =/\=

"My apologies Commander," Inzjana said, still reeling from her attempt at meditation, "I have only been able to have a tertiary examination of the data, but from what I have been able to ascertain, the Borg technology examined seems to be different from any known form of bionetic implants encountered thus far."

=/\= END TRANSMISSION =/\=

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

Tekin Nevir

Quote from: James A. Hawke on October 10, 2017, 08:40:21 PM

[Briefing Room]

[Bridge]

** 2 Hours Later **

After preparing the ship for combat for two hours and heading towards Risa.  James turned to Will and said "Get me ship wired"

=/\= Attention crew, as some of you might have heard we are on a course for Risa.  Also some of you have heard  we are also preparing for battle against the Borg.  In reality, there is no trip to Risa, it was a plan to confuse our enemies.  We are preparing for battle against a dreadful enemy.  I trust this crew to do what needs to be down.  We will be taking them down.  Hawke out =/\=

James then stood from the Captain's seat and said "Helm, lay in a course to the Rendevous Point"

After that order he presses his comm =/\= James to Ardy, get all the children, nonessential personnel, and pregnant crew off the ship now.  Lay them a course to Risa, Hawke out =/\=

Within a couple of seconds he got an unexpected report.

James then said "It appears they are early.  Onscreen"
James then looked at the view screen and replied

=/\= Commander Nevir, it's been a while.  This is the Shran we are currently evacuating all nonessential personnel, children and pregnant individuals off the ship in preparation for combat.  I would like to request permission to come to your vessel, so we can coordinate the search the cube.  =/\=

[Bridge - USS Discovery]

Nevir bit his lower lip at the Admiral's words.  His plan, so his mission?  He turned to him for a moment, wondering why he would be asked so soon....

No, this wasn't about him, it was about the ship and the mission.

He turned back to the viewscreen, giving a small grin and a nod.

=/\= "It has been... let us know if you need assistance with shuttles for evacuation, and of course, we'll stand by for your arrival."  =/\= he said, turning to Ops.

"Get the transporter ready, and let me know when he is aboard."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.