S1-M9 Borg-ulon

Started by James A. Hawke, October 01, 2017, 11:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James A. Hawke

[U.S.S. Shran Á¢â,¬"œ Captain's Ready Room]

James remained standing as he finished giving his statement to Admiral Kirok.  He was careful not to disseminate important information on an open frequency.  Considering that they were encountering Romulans and their intelligence gathering abilities are unparallel.

They began their conversation and James listened to Kirok's question.

Quote from: Kirok on October 03, 2017, 04:55:22 PM

"I agree that a search is the logical place to start.  And we can meet at the coordinates you send.  Question though, have you contacted the Romulan Government?" Kirok asked pointedly.

James then responded "Not Officially, we had a stalemate with some Romulan Ships.  I thought it would advisable not to engage in deadly conflict in other to prevent a possible war with the Romulans.   We gave them the impression that we destroyed the borg tech and are willing to deliver them via diplomatic channels.  But I sense there something more"

As James finished he heard the Admiral's suggestion.

Quote from: Kirok on October 03, 2017, 04:55:22 PM

"If not, I would suggest we hold off on doing so.  If only to prevent them from knowing our intent to commence a search.  And to prevent them possibly from informing those on the vessel that we are coming" the half Vulcan explained.

James nodded as he heard the Admiral's Comment.  "Agreed we don't want the Romulans to know what are doing.  I'm going to head out Admiral and order my ship to rendezvous with yours.   I'll make Commander Jones and Commander Warring available to conduct a search with your Ops and Science teams. We will figure this out Admiral, Hawke out"

As James finished he closed the communication with the Admiral.  He wrote the proposed Coordinate on a Datapad and headed towards the Briefing Room.

[Ready Room]

Within seconds of the final communication with Admiral Kirok, James entered the Shran's Ready Room.   He already observed most people instead of the usual meet n' greet James simply entered and said "At Ease Everyone"

He first took his Datapad and handed it over to Lt. Filitov.  He calmly responded

"Lieutenant, set a course to the coordinates outlined in the Datapad, Maximum Warp once we are done, Understood?"  James asked and gave her a minute to respond.

He looked at the crew and continued "Everyone, I have good and bad news.  The Good news is that we will be in a rendezvous with the Discovery and Admiral Kirok.  He at least knows how to give logical orders"  James finished that sentence with a smile as he attempted a half joke.

"The bad news is that I want the ship on Yellow Alert and to begin combat preparation.  I want this ship ready to engage the...Borg." James said.  He waited a couple of seconds to let the crew to moment to sync in his orders.

HE stood silently as he waited for their reactions.

Click on the Badge to see bio

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: James A. Hawke on October 03, 2017, 09:55:50 PM

[Ready Room]

Within seconds of the final communication with Admiral Kirok, James entered the Shran's Ready Room.   He already observed most people instead of the usual meet n' greet James simply entered and said "At Ease Everyone"

He first took his Datapad and handed it over to Lt. Filitov.  He calmly responded

"Lieutenant, set a course to the coordinates outlined in the Datapad, Maximum Warp once we are done, Understood?"  James asked and gave her a minute to respond.

Briefing Room

Katcha took the PADD and briefly looked at it before looking back at Hawke.

"Da Keptin." She replied.

He looked at the crew and continued "Everyone, I have good and bad news.  The Good news is that we will be in a rendezvous with the Discovery and Admiral Kirok.  He at least knows how to give logical orders"  James finished that sentence with a smile as he attempted a half joke.

"The bad news is that I want the ship on Yellow Alert and to begin combat preparation.  I want this ship ready to engage the...Borg." James said.  He waited a couple of seconds to let the crew to moment to sync in his orders.

"Ze Borg Keptin?" Katcha  asked with more than a little fear in her voice.

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

Michael Ferdinand

[Ready Room]
Alyssa sighed. "Oh you've got to be kidding me. First Romulans and now the BORG?" Alyssa said. She started laughing. And laughing. And laughing. But as she laughed it became clear  Ithat it wasn't a joke. "Oh, you're serious."

Her face grew tense, her expression cold  I as her features went stone-faced. "Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I am more than ready. I can have sickbay under lock and key....if our dear CMO will let me."

It wasn't that she disliked the current CMO, she just didn't like having another doctor over her, well that and Dr. Smith's seemed a bit weird to her. She couldn't figure him out, and she was afraid that he would figure her out if she didn't play her cards very carefully.

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Kirok

[U.S.S. Shran Á¢â,¬"œ Captain's Ready Room]

James remained standing as he finished giving his statement to Admiral Kirok.  He was careful not to disseminate important information on an open frequency.  Considering that they were encountering Romulans and their intelligence gathering abilities are unparallel.

They began their conversation and James listened to Kirok's question.

James then responded "Not Officially, we had a stalemate with some Romulan Ships.  I thought it would advisable not to engage in deadly conflict in other to prevent a possible war with the Romulans.   We gave them the impression that we destroyed the borg tech and are willing to deliver them via diplomatic channels.  But I sense there something more"

As James finished he heard the Admiral's suggestion.

James nodded as he heard the Admiral's Comment.  "Agreed we don't want the Romulans to know what are doing.  I'm going to head out Admiral and order my ship to rendezvous with yours.   I'll make Commander Jones and Commander Warring available to conduct a search with your Ops and Science teams. We will figure this out Admiral, Hawke out"

As James finished he closed the communication with the Admiral.  He wrote the proposed Coordinate on a Datapad and headed towards the Briefing Room.

[Ready Room]

[Bridge - Discovery]

Kirok's right eyebrow rose slightly at Hawke's wording.  "Not Officially" sounded to much like the answer the half Vulcan did not want.  Luckily, Hawke took time to explain his wording.

Before the Captain ended the link, Kiork dipped his head again.  "We will see you soon.  Stay safe, Mr. Hawke" he said.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Inzjana on October 03, 2017, 09:13:25 AM

SCIENCE LABS ---> READY ROOM

Inzjana attentively listened to her fellow Vulcan and although as a general rule, Vulcans are a very private people and do not talk about their lives, she still longed to tell someone about the whole year missing from her memory, a year that she nor anyone else could account for, except for on the many occasions she awoke with what humans term as nightmares - although that particular metaphor and many other irrational vernacular humans seem to use on a constant basis was beyond her understanding - and if Vulcans could sweat she would have been drenched.

She tried to maintain her usual stoic composure, "It is also agreeable to see you as well Commander," she said, "life is life".

[Corridor]

It had been some time since T'Ra had been able to converse with one who was truly Vulcan, and it now occurred to her the folly in her question. While not altogether unique, her childhood had been... different. That her father was human, she had been exposed to their culture since birth; she had studied at the Academy; found herself constantly surrounded by them on this ship where she served; and now she was even married to one. Her Vulcan identity was still the core of who she was, but now she found that it was becoming even more intertwined with the world of her father.

Inzjana took it in stride, answering graciously, if simply. Und das Leben ist kein Ponyhof, T'Ra thought, one of Evan's many sprichwÁƒ¶rter forcing itself to the front of her mind. "There is no need to call me Á¢â,¬ËœCommander'," she replied at last, "especially not when you were once my superior. I would consider you an old friend, or an acquaintance at the very least."

[Ready Room]

"The bad news is that I want the ship on Yellow Alert and to begin combat preparation.  I want this ship ready to engage the...Borg." James said.  He waited a couple of seconds to let the crew to moment to sink in his orders.

He stood silently as he waited for their reactions.

[Ready Room]

Seeing as it was he who called for the meeting, T'Ra stood quietly as the captain began to speak. She arched a brow at the phrase "good and bad news". This seldom meant anything good, but she could tell Hawke was just trying to lighten the blow. She could have laughed. Kirok certainly knew how to give logical orders, but Hawke's, those were definitively more interesting. Never a dull moment when Hawke was in charge, and rarely were things quiet.

"Based on the medical reports," T'Ra commented, "the borg implants we got from the dector appeared to be awfully genuine. Are you suggesting, sir, that they got them straight from the source?"

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Inzjana

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on October 04, 2017, 01:34:20 AM

[Corridor]

It had been some time since T'Ra had been able to converse with one who was truly Vulcan, and it now occurred to her the folly in her question. While not altogether unique, her childhood had been... different. That her father was human, she had been exposed to their culture since birth; she had studied at the Academy; found herself constantly surrounded by them on this ship where she served; and now she was even married to one. Her Vulcan identity was still the core of who she was, but now she found that it was becoming even more intertwined with the world of her father.

Inzjana took it in stride, answering graciously, if simply. Und das Leben ist kein Ponyhof, T'Ra thought, one of Evan's many sprichwÁƒ¶rter forcing itself to the front of her mind. "There is no need to call me Á¢â,¬ËœCommander'," she replied at last, "especially not when you were once my superior. I would consider you an old friend, or an acquaintance at the very least."

Corridor

Being left handed, Inzjana raised her left eyebrow at T'Ra Jones' comment, but not in curiosity as was the usual Vulcan manner but in understanding and acceptance. "As you wish Commander," Inzjana stated logically, "but may I remind you of Starfleet protocol for addressing one's superior officers whilst on duty" Inzjana finished matter-of-factly. "Having said that, ma'am, I too would find renewing our friendship agreeable."

The Vulcan science officer was more than a little concerned that Romulan's were responsible for using Borg technology in some nefarious scheme, taking it personally as although her mother is Vulcan, her deceased father was Romulan and had always hoped that some reconciliation between the Romulans and Vulcans was still possible despite all the set backs that had always dogged any such move.

[Ready Room]

Seeing as it was he who called for the meeting, T'Ra stood quietly as the captain began to speak. She arched a brow at the phrase "good and bad news". This seldom meant anything good, but she could tell Hawke was just trying to lighten the blow. She could have laughed. Kirok certainly knew how to give logical orders, but Hawke's, those were definitively more interesting. Never a dull moment when Hawke was in charge, and rarely were things quiet.

"Based on the medical reports," T'Ra commented, "the borg implants we got from the dector appeared to be awfully genuine. Are you suggesting, sir, that they got them straight from the source?"

Ready Room

Listening intently to all that was being said in the briefing, Inzjana remained quiet and standing with her back against the wall as far and as discrete as possible from her fellow officers nearest the door. Intending not to make any comment or suggestion unless called on to do so.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

Kirok

[Crew Quarters]

Zex woke up and opened her eyes again.  She felt no better.  The dull persistent ache in her head was still there.

The Deltan knew her body well enough to know when something was off.  And this was definitely fit the category of off.  'Great' she thought to herself as she climbed out of bed.

She started to get dressed, knowing she would have to go to Sickbay.  She hated the idea.  Doctors always made the worst patients.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Kira Wyman

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on October 03, 2017, 05:45:37 PM

Briefing Room

Katcha nodded in agreement.

"Da, it is very peculiar. I vonder vy ve have been all asked to attend. Vell, I'm sure ve vill find out." She remarked, nodding at Will who was seated drinking his ever-present cup of coffee

Conference Room

"It can't be good if all essential personnel have been told to report to the conference room. I guess we'll find out in the next few minutes." Kira quietly sighed and leant back, looking over to Will as he begun to speak.

Quote from: William Waring on October 03, 2017, 07:10:51 PM

[Briefing/Conference/Whatever-it-is Room]

Will noticed the nods of his fellow officers and stood up to move towards them. After all, he didn't want to be rude after two clearly defined nods at him.

"Ms Filitov" He said returning the nod to the helmswoman "And Ms Wyman, it's been a while." He said, outstreching his hand "I hope all has been well since the last time we served together?"

"It has been a while, indeed, commander. Everything has been fine since my time on the Chin'Toka, I went back to intelligence and stayed there for a year, once i'd had enough, I requested a transfer back onto a ship and got placed here. How's your time been?" Kira asked, she turned her head towards the captain as he begun to brief them, their conversation would have to wait until later.

[Ready Room]

Kira listened to the chatter between the senior officers and stayed quiet for the time being. She couldn't quite believe it when the captain said they'd be coming into open conflict with the Borg. She thought her career had been colourful enough, now she was told she was going to fight the Borg. 'I'm pretty sure I came onto the ship because it was meant to be less intense than Intelligence. Now this?' Kira thought to herself, raising her hand slightly so she could add to the conversation. "The ship will be ready to attack the Borg as best it can, however, if we're there for an extended amount of time, we should expect the ship to come out with heavy damage." Kira paused for a moment. "I've fought with the Borg before and last time we came out badly, even if we're in a new ship, it's not going to be easy." Kira finished, she was sure everyone knew all of this, but she thought she'd better emphasise the facts.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Kira Wyman on October 04, 2017, 05:54:56 PM

Conference Room

"It can't be good if all essential personnel have been told to report to the conference room. I guess we'll find out in the next few minutes." Kira quietly sighed and leant back, looking over to Will as he begun to speak.

"It has been a while, indeed, commander. Everything has been fine since my time on the Chin'Toka, I went back to intelligence and stayed there for a year, once i'd had enough, I requested a transfer back onto a ship and got placed here. How's your time been?" Kira asked, she turned her head towards the captain as he begun to brief them, their conversation would have to wait until later.

Kira listened to the chatter between the senior officers and stayed quiet for the time being. She couldn't quite believe it when the captain said they'd be coming into open conflict with the Borg. She thought her career had been colourful enough, now she was told she was going to fight the Borg. 'I'm pretty sure I came onto the ship because it was meant to be less intense than Intelligence. Now this?' Kira thought to herself, raising her hand slightly so she could add to the conversation. "The ship will be ready to attack the Borg as best it can, however, if we're there for an extended amount of time, we should expect the ship to come out with heavy damage." Kira paused for a moment. "I've fought with the Borg before and last time we came out badly, even if we're in a new ship, it's not going to be easy." Kira finished, she was sure everyone knew all of this, but she thought she'd better emphasise the facts.

[Ready Room]

Alyssa scoffed and closed her eyes to roll them before opening them again. "Look, the Borg are dangerous, yes, I agree, Kira." Alyssa started. "And while we should be cautious, we shouldn't have to fear them. We know some of their weaknesses, like their inability to adapt to kinetic weaponry. We should plan on exploiting that as much as possible if we do come in contact with them."

Alyssa paused for a moment and a smile formed on her face. "Plus, what's worst: The threat of assimilation or having to deal with me during physicals season...assuming you've read my record."

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Fala Awen

[Ready Room]

Caelene waited patiently as James finished his conversation with Kirok; she hadn't seen the Admiral since he had left the Shran. They seemed to have a plan of action, or at least an initial one. Quietly the Trill crouched slightly so she could place her toolkit on the floor and pulled out a PADD in case she needed to take some notes.

Hearing James' instructions, Caelene froze in place. The Borg? First they had to deal with the Romulans and now the Borg as well? Neither she nor Milara had come across the Borg before and truthfully, she would have been quite happy to keep it that way. Unfortunately, it seemed that was out of the question.

She listened closely as some of her other crewmates voiced their thoughts.

"The ship will be ready to attack the Borg as best it can, however, if we're there for an extended amount of time, we should expect the ship to come out with heavy damage." Kira paused for a moment. "I've fought with the Borg before and last time we came out badly, even if we're in a new ship, it's not going to be easy." Kira finished, she was sure everyone knew all of this, but she thought she'd better emphasise the facts.

Frowning, Caelene tapped her PADD and started making notes. The Chief Security/Tactical Officer was correct; they would need to be prepared for heavy damage. Even if it wasn't the Borg, it would still have been a good idea to prepare for damage to be fair. She began looking through the Engineering department roster as Doctor Meadows spoke up.
Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on October 04, 2017, 08:03:18 PM

Alyssa scoffed and closed her eyes to roll them before opening them again. "Look, the Borg are dangerous, yes, I agree, Kira." Alyssa started. "And while we should be cautious, we shouldn't have to fear them. We know some of their weaknesses, like their inability to adapt to kinetic weaponry. We should plan on exploiting that as much as possible if we do come in contact with them."

Alyssa paused for a moment and a smile formed on her face. "Plus, what's worst: The threat of assimilation or having to deal with me during physicals season...assuming you've read my record."

Caelene hadn't really had the opportunity to speak directly with some of the newer Shran crewmembers - something she would have to rectify as Second Officer. However, the Trill strongly disagreed with Alyssa. Fearing the Borg was understandable, in her opinion. They were dangerous and could do serious damage to the Shran and her crew.

Glancing around a bit nervously - her usual quiet nature meant she was still getting used to speaking up more, even with Milara's influence - Caelene addressed her crewmates, "Given the right circumstances, any enemy could do severe damage to the ship and her systems. I would rather not underestimate an enemy or hazard and instead be as prepared as possible. As far as Engineering goes, we'll ensure system diagnostics are run and power feeds are at peak efficiency before we arrive at our destination and I will have damage control teams assigned and ready. After that, we'll just have to see what happens."

There were only so many preparations they could possibly do and time was also a limiting factor. It would be important to repair any damage, especially to key systems, as quickly as possible. Caelene would need to strategically place the damage control teams so they would be in a position to do so. Otherwise, she couldn't predict what would happen during a potential battle. Luckily the Shran was in good shape for the moment; it was a much better starting point than before their previous mission. Still, anything could happen...

OFF: Tag ready room meeting people

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: Caelene Tam on October 04, 2017, 09:46:05 PM

[Ready Room]

Caelene waited patiently as James finished his conversation with Kirok; she hadn't seen the Admiral since he had left the Shran. They seemed to have a plan of action, or at least an initial one. Quietly the Trill crouched slightly so she could place her toolkit on the floor and pulled out a PADD in case she needed to take some notes.

Hearing James' instructions, Caelene froze in place. The Borg? First they had to deal with the Romulans and now the Borg as well? Neither she nor Milara had come across the Borg before and truthfully, she would have been quite happy to keep it that way. Unfortunately, it seemed that was out of the question.

She listened closely as some of her other crewmates voiced their thoughts.

Frowning, Caelene tapped her PADD and started making notes. The Chief Security/Tactical Officer was correct; they would need to be prepared for heavy damage. Even if it wasn't the Borg, it would still have been a good idea to prepare for damage to be fair. She began looking through the Engineering department roster as Doctor Meadows spoke up.

Caelene hadn't really had the opportunity to speak directly with some of the newer Shran crewmembers - something she would have to rectify as Second Officer. However, the Trill strongly disagreed with Alyssa. Fearing the Borg was understandable, in her opinion. They were dangerous and could do serious damage to the Shran and her crew.

Glancing around a bit nervously - her usual quiet nature meant she was still getting used to speaking up more, even with Milara's influence - Caelene addressed her crewmates, "Given the right circumstances, any enemy could do severe damage to the ship and her systems. I would rather not underestimate an enemy or hazard and instead be as prepared as possible. As far as Engineering goes, we'll ensure system diagnostics are run and power feeds are at peak efficiency before we arrive at our destination and I will have damage control teams assigned and ready. After that, we'll just have to see what happens."

There were only so many preparations they could possibly do and time was also a limiting factor. It would be important to repair any damage, especially to key systems, as quickly as possible. Caelene would need to strategically place the damage control teams so they would be in a position to do so. Otherwise, she couldn't predict what would happen during a potential battle. Luckily the Shran was in good shape for the moment; it was a much better starting point than before their previous mission. Still, anything could happen...

OFF: Tag ready room meeting people

Ready Room

As the conversation progressed, Katcha's fear subsided to an extent to where she could think straight. Her mind immediately began running both offensive and defensive patterns.

"Ve vill aslo have to make sure zat ze helm controls are as sensitive as ve can make zem. Ve vill need to be able to manoeuvre rapidly so ve can bring ze weapons to bear on specific areas. It is ze only vay ve vill be able to do any damage." She said, her mind going back to the reports of Worf 359.

James A. Hawke

[Ready Room]

As James finished his short introduction, he looked around the room.  He noticed the look of nervousness around them.  He clenched his hands into a fist to contain his fear.  He looked at the crew with confidence.  Even though the Borg was a dreadful enemy, he was confident that he had a great ship and a great group.

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on October 03, 2017, 10:04:20 PM

"Ze Borg Keptin?" Katcha  asked with more than a little fear in her voice.

James looked at the Flight Luitenant and responded "Possibly, I think that their connections with Romulans are not a coincidence, we need to make sure you are ready to fight either one of them."
Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on October 03, 2017, 10:23:03 PM

Alyssa sighed. "Oh you've got to be kidding me. First Romulans and now the BORG?" Alyssa said. She started laughing. And laughing. And laughing. But as she laughed it became clear  Ithat it wasn't a joke. "Oh, you're serious."

James let her laugh for a second and remained stoic.  He wanted the crew to know that he was serious.

He then continued "I do not think the Romulan and this incident are not related.  In our last encounter the Romulans were using Borg Technology, that's a dangerous combination.  We need to get to the bottom of this and stop it before it destabilizes the quadrant."

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on October 04, 2017, 01:34:20 AM

James remained standing, and he heard his question by the first officer he merely nodded and said "I can't say for sure if they got it from them or created it.  Neither scenario is good; we need to stop it before it becomes widespread if they are cooperating with the Borg it would be a deadly alliance."

James then said "It is simple we locate them, determine if they are a threat and need to neutralize them."

James then licked his lips, and he mentioned the other part "Part of this is based on human "gut" feeling.  I don't think they sent three vessels after us to recover a body no matter how important the data is.  There is something more going on.  Romulans favor counter tactics they showed their hand first, which means they were desperate"  James commented
As James explained, he heard a comment from another Luitenant.

"The ship will be ready to attack the Borg as best it can, however, if we're there for an extended amount of time, we should expect the ship to come out with heavy damage." Kira paused for a moment. "I've fought with the Borg before, and last time we came out badly, even if we're in a new ship, it's not going to be easy." Kira finished, she was sure everyone knew all of this, but she thought she'd better emphasize the facts.

James then gave a reassuring look and said with confidence "I think we are the best ship and we have a great crew.  This ship can take a beating if need to be.  Also, remember we are being backed by a State of the Art Prometheus vessel, we will have plenty of firepowers.  We need to focus on reinforcing shield and remodulation of weapons"  James said

James continued "It's not going to be easy.  However, if we are smart we can make it."

James then continued hearing the conversation.

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on October 04, 2017, 08:03:18 PM

[Ready Room]

James then said "Good, let's get that done then.  We might have some surprises stored for them."

James heard other comments and then began issuing what appeared to be erratic decisions.

"Lt. Commander Tam, do what you can.  I want this ship ready to fight the Borg.  "  James said

James then took a deep breath and said "Now, before we leave I have some orders that need to be executed without questions.  Lt. Commander Warring, I want you to contact Risa, the planet and inform them that we will arrive there.  Make some reservation for the crew for some R&R.  Do a shipwide broadcast informing the crew of the R&R and arrange that.  For example, leave schedules and those details.  Make sure it's an open source file, understood.  I want you to make as much progress as you can in 2 hours then stop"  James said to Warring.

He then looked at Flight and said "Make a Course to Risa Warp 5.  Stay in that Course for 2 hours and then go to the coordinates Maximum warp.  You are all dismissed"  James said.

Click on the Badge to see bio

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: James A. Hawke on October 04, 2017, 11:14:50 PM

[Ready Room]

As James finished his short introduction, he looked around the room.  He noticed the look of nervousness around them.  He clenched his hands into a fist to contain his fear.  He looked at the crew with confidence.  Even though the Borg was a dreadful enemy, he was confident that he had a great ship and a great group.

James looked at the Flight Luitenant and responded "Possibly, I think that their connections with Romulans are not a coincidence, we need to make sure you are ready to fight either one of them."

James let her laugh for a second and remained stoic.  He wanted the crew to know that he was serious.

He then continued "I do not think the Romulan and this incident are not related.  In our last encounter the Romulans were using Borg Technology, that's a dangerous combination.  We need to get to the bottom of this and stop it before it destabilizes the quadrant."

James remained standing, and he heard his question by the first officer he merely nodded and said "I can't say for sure if they got it from them or created it.  Neither scenario is good; we need to stop it before it becomes widespread if they are cooperating with the Borg it would be a deadly alliance."

James then said "It is simple we locate them, determine if they are a threat and need to neutralize them."

James then licked his lips, and he mentioned the other part "Part of this is based on human "gut" feeling.  I don't think they sent three vessels after us to recover a body no matter how important the data is.  There is something more going on.  Romulans favor counter tactics they showed their hand first, which means they were desperate"  James commented
James then gave a reassuring look and said with confidence "I think we are the best ship and we have a great crew.  This ship can take a beating if need to be.  Also, remember we are being backed by a State of the Art Prometheus vessel, we will have plenty of firepowers.  We need to focus on reinforcing shield and remodulation of weapons"  James said

James continued "It's not going to be easy.  However, if we are smart we can make it."

James then said "Good, let's get that done then.  We might have some surprises stored for them."

James heard other comments and then began issuing what appeared to be erratic decisions.

"Lt. Commander Tam, do what you can.  I want this ship ready to fight the Borg.  "  James said

James then took a deep breath and said "Now, before we leave I have some orders that need to be executed without questions.  Lt. Commander Warring, I want you to contact Risa, the planet and inform them that we will arrive there.  Make some reservation for the crew for some R&R.  Do a shipwide broadcast informing the crew of the R&R and arrange that.  For example, leave schedules and those details.  Make sure it's an open source file, understood.  I want you to make as much progress as you can in 2 hours then stop"  James said to Warring.

He then looked at Flight and said "Make a Course to Risa Warp 5.  Stay in that Course for 2 hours and then go to the coordinates Maximum warp.  You are all dismissed"  James said.

Ready Room

Katcha nodded.

"Da Keptin." She replied, heading straight out of the doors and onto the Bridge.

Bridge

Katcha stepped out of the Ready Room and walked down to the Helm. Putting her hand on the PO's shoulder, she took over and immediately set course for Risa and engaged at Warp 5.

"We are on course for Risa at Varp 5. ETA is 18.5 hours." She reported, not revealing the order to change to those coordinates in 2 hours.

William Waring

[Ready Room]

[Ready Room]

Will stood perplexed at his orders. "But wh-" He said but stopped himself "I'll get right on that" He finished before turning and heading to his post.

[Bridge - Ops]

Will resumed his post and opened a comm link to Risa. The detail package was quickly sent from Risa, authorized by Will, and sent back to Risa. They had it down to a science and were extremely efficient it seemed. Will traded pleasantries before closing the link and opening the unsecured shipwide communication channel.

=A= Attention all hands! This is William Q Waring, your hotel and event planner and boy have I got a deal for you! Every member of the crew receives an all expenses payed trip to Risa, the pleasure planet! This includes a full sized stateroom in a state of the art Villa, vouchers for any amount at any restaurant AND free alcoholic drinks for all (top shelf reserved for Senior Staff)! Be sure to check your schedule to see if you are lucky enough to get the time off! This is Bridge Ops, signing off! =A=

After that finished he started on the schedule, putting his name on the top of the list. What's the point of being Chief if you don't get time off after all.

RESERVED

Ardyn Jaeger

[Ready Room]

James looked at the Flight Luitenant and responded: "Possibly, I think that their connections with Romulans are not a coincidence, we need to make sure you are ready to fight either one of them."

James then said, "It is simple we locate them, determine if they are a threat and need to neutralize them."

[Hangar bay 2]
Ardyn looked around guiltily. "Yeah. You could say that. I'm a pretty dang good pilot, especially at high speeds, and I was... you could probably say pushing the limit. Anyhow, I ran into a cluster of asteroids out there that my scanners didn't pick up. Probably the biggest ones were basketball-sized. Coming at those at high speed did quite a number on it." She said, taking a look at the banged-up hull. "As for systems, I think the Accelerator's a bit touchy. Other than that..." she was interrupted by her commbadge vibrating.  She was needed for a meeting. How delightful. "No prob, Caelene.  Let's head."

Ardyn walked into the crowded room behind Tam with a bored look. Meetings were never her favorite things. Sitting down, she fidgeted with a spare part of the Flyer she had in her pocket.

As James started the meeting, her position grew tense. The Borg were not things to be treated lightly, but this? She wasn't exactly WHAT James was thinking of. "James," she piped up, "I don't get it. What's your plan with all this?"

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.