S1-M9 Borg-ulon

Started by James A. Hawke, October 01, 2017, 11:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James A. Hawke

[USS-Shran Captain's Ready Room]

James looked over the nano-probes data in his computer and wondered about their importance.  James did not know the content of the data.  James focused on the battle with the Romulan and had little time to figure the data. He looked over the last mission report, and he wondered.

What is the purpose of the mission?  Why are they using Borg Technology, something that is dangerous .  James thought

He heard a short chime as it signaled someone was trying to enter the ready room.

James said "Enter."

Within seconds, the Holographic Ops Officer Ada entered into his ready room.

"Captain," Ada said as she entered the Ready Room.

James took a second and spoke out loud "Y'know what Ada, I am still trying to figure out this Romulan, thing.  I don't see the logic or what is their end game,  that what worries me.  If you can't understand an enemy, then you can't predict them.  If you can't predict them then you will be caught off guard.  I don't like being off guard..  I'm sorry if I am rambling, what's up?"

Ada then politely responded "Don't worry Captain, I'm used to human ramblings.  I came to inform you that Admiral Kirok wishes to speak to you"

"All right, is that all?"  James asked

"Yes, Sir"  Ada responded
"Then you are dismissed and Thank you, Ada"
James then pressed his pin. He stated
=/\= Hawke to Medical when you have a chance, please transmit the report of the Data accumulated from our "guest"  give me an update on his medical status =/\=

As he finished he pressed his pin again =/\= Hawke to Commander Jones, get all essential personnel into the ready room,  I have a feeling we are going to need it =/\=

As he finished, James looked at his console and inserted his command code.

"Computer contact Admiral Kirok, Commanding Officer of the Discovery.  High Priority"  James ordered

He waited for the Discovery's response.

Click on the Badge to see bio

Kachina Filitov

Bridge

It was the 2nd shift and Katcha was at the helm. The ship was on a steady course at normal cruising speed that needed nothing from her. Every now and then she reached played with the little hologram. The Raptor seemed to like this as it kept headbutting her arm.

As far as Katcha was concerned, this was the most boring part of her job. She preferred hands on flying with Delta Flyer type shuttles as her personal favourite.

Every so often she would look around the Bridge, just for something to do. She had no need to concentrate hard as the computer was doing all the hard work.

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

William Waring

[Bridge]

Will was sat at his station looking over incoming data from all over the ship. Power usage, sensor array acquisitions, request forms etc. He looked up from the panel as he sipped his coffee and noticed the helmswoman occasionally look around the Bridge. "You misplace something Ms. Filitov?" He inquired as he stood up to stretch his legs.

RESERVED

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: William Waring on October 01, 2017, 11:30:11 PM

[Bridge]

Will was sat at his station looking over incoming data from all over the ship. Power usage, sensor array acquisitions, request forms etc. He looked up from the panel as he sipped his coffee and noticed the helmswoman occasionally look around the Bridge. "You misplace something Ms. Filitov?" He inquired as he stood up to stretch his legs.

Bridge

Katcha turned and looked Will and gave him a small smile.

"Niet Commander." She replied. "I vos just looking around to re-focus my eyes and to help alleviate ze tedium. Ven ve are at high Varp, zere is nozzing for me to do as ze compute does all ze flying. My only job is to monitor ze systems in case of a problem." She added. "Vile I enjoy flying, i prefer e more hands on. Do you get vot I mean?" She asked.

William Waring

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on October 01, 2017, 11:36:43 PM

Bridge

Katcha turned and looked Will and gave him a small smile.

"Niet Commander." She replied. "I vos just looking around to re-focus my eyes and to help alleviate ze tedium. Ven ve are at high Varp, zere is nozzing for me to do as ze compute does all ze flying. My only job is to monitor ze systems in case of a problem." She added. "Vile I enjoy flying, i prefer e more hands on. Do you get vot I mean?" She asked.

[Bridge]

Will gave a nod as he replied "I get what you're saying, although the only thing I'm flying is a desk." He said with a slight chuckle "Perhaps you need a hobby to keep you occupied during long periods of automated flight. You know, something like chess or solitaire." He picked up a PADD that was sat near his station "I myself do a little light reading when there is little to do besides watch lights blink."

RESERVED

Ardyn Jaeger

[Hangar Bay two] Á¢â,¬"œ Ardy
Ardy traced her hands over the still-warm ignition thrusters, trying to judge how to best fix this large dent in the side hull of the Flyer. The Flyer was pretty banged up ever since she had taken a joyride with it and had ACCIDENTALLY gotten lost in a field of space debris and taken a couple unintentional high-speed hits. She was positive she wasn't going to live that down from Ensign Murphy.  Sighing, she set her tools down. She might have to get Caelene down here to look at this. =/\= "Hey Caelene, could you help me fix the Flyer? I might be good with tools, but I'm a pilot, not an engineer, Y'know?."=/\=

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: William Waring on October 02, 2017, 12:04:13 AM

[Bridge]

Will gave a nod as he replied "I get what you're saying, although the only thing I'm flying is a desk." He said with a slight chuckle "Perhaps you need a hobby to keep you occupied during long periods of automated flight. You know, something like chess or solitaire." He picked up a PADD that was sat near his station "I myself do a little light reading when there is little to do besides watch lights blink."

Bridge

Katcha nodded in understanding.

"Zat is a good idea Commander. I have not played chess in some years, maybe I should take it up again." She replied, wondering if she still had her Grandfather's antique chess set.

She turned back to her console and did a quick run through of the course and speed. She then double checked the plotted course to confirm it was correct.

T'Ra Jones

[CSO's Office]

Now that the pregnancy was getting a little further along, Evan had been badgering her to spend more time away from the "stress" and crazy antics that often occurred on the bridge. T'Ra knew he spoke only out of concern for her and their child, but she also knew that if she did not appease him to some extent on this, that he would go to Chief Medical Officer Smithe to have her duties lightened or altogether removed. It was no matter. She needed to get caught up on paperwork for the science department anyways. She was of a mind to appoint someone else to be the DH, perhaps Inzjana if things went well.

Quote from: James A. Hawke on October 01, 2017, 11:08:56 PM

As he finished he pressed his pin again =/\= Hawke to Commander Jones, get all essential personnel into the ready room,  I have a feeling we are going to need it =/\=

=^=Aye, sir,=^= she replied, tapping her comm badge, setting aside the padd that had been in her other hand. She paused briefly to let the channel close before tapping it again. =^=Attention all senior officers, please report to the ready room for a briefing.=^=

Pushing her chair back, T'Ra stood and made her way out of her office and into the main part of the science labs. "Inzjana," she called, "I'd like you to be present for the briefing." She had worked with the officer before and was keen to see her take on the situation.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Inzjana

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on October 02, 2017, 02:29:09 AM

[CSO's Office]

Now that the pregnancy was getting a little further along, Evan had been badgering her to spend more time away from the "stress" and crazy antics that often occurred on the bridge. T'Ra knew he spoke only out of concern for her and their child, but she also knew that if she did not appease him to some extent on this, that he would go to Chief Medical Officer Smithe to have her duties lightened or altogether removed. It was no matter. She needed to get caught up on paperwork for the science department anyways. She was of a mind to appoint someone else to be the DH, perhaps Inzjana if things went well.

=^=Aye, sir,=^= she replied, tapping her comm badge, setting aside the padd that had been in her other hand. She paused briefly to let the channel close before tapping it again. =^=Attention all senior officers, please report to the ready room for a briefing.=^=

Pushing her chair back, T'Ra stood and made her way out of her office and into the main part of the science labs. "Inzjana," she called, "I'd like you to be present for the briefing." She had worked with the officer before and was keen to see her take on the situation.

Inzjana was busy at work concentrating on the latest patch of spatial geographical data that she had imputed in to the computer for further analysis of what had become to be known as Jump-Points with the subspace physics labs she had worked with at the Daystrom Institute of advanced spacetime metrics, for the last several years. The idea was that seeing as wormholes exist at the Planck level then why not at the macroscopic level? There were many wormholes known to exist throughout the galaxy, but Inzjana and her team under the leadership of Inzjana's mentor, Professor Andre Offenbach, a brilliant scientist born on the Mars colony, that there were many many more hidden from all but the most sensitive instruments. The obvious starting point was areas where magnetic fields of planets and there host stars joined creating what NASA scientists of the 21st century called 'X-Points' or 'Electron Diffusion Points'.

They had made quite some breakthroughs and had even lead to a new kind of engine known as the Tachyon Magneto-Gravitic Drive, of which only one such device exists and is still only in the beta stage of development, largely due to Starfleet Command and the United Federation of Planets President believing that if any knowledge of such an engine were to be discovered by any other regime not on good speaking terms with the UFP, as Professor Offenbach had put it with his usual cultured sarcasm and the roll of the eyes, as he sucked on the remnants of his pipe.

Little did Starfleet know, which was the Andre's usual tactic, a Delta-Class Shuttle fitted with the knew drive and powered by Red Matter, or Xerum 525 as it was so labelled amongst the scientists who created it, had already been tested...

Inzjana looked up from her screen sensing T'Ra's presence before she spoke, "Aye ma'am" Inzjana replied, a little confused by the request, with vector algorithms and subspace metrics still running through her head as stood to follow the Commander.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

Michael Ferdinand

James looked over the nano-probes data in his computer and wondered about their importance.  James did not know the content of the data.  James focused on the battle with the Romulan and had little time to figure the data. He looked over the last mission report, and he wondered.

What is the purpose of the mission?  Why are they using Borg Technology, something that is dangerous .  James thought

He heard a short chime as it signaled someone was trying to enter the ready room.

James said "Enter."

James took a second and spoke out loud "Y'know what Ada, I am still trying to figure out this Romulan, thing.  I don't see the logic or what is their end game,  that what worries me.  If you can't understand an enemy, then you can't predict them.  If you can't predict them then you will be caught off guard.  I don't like being off guard..  I'm sorry if I am rambling, what's up?"

Ada then politely responded "Don't worry Captain, I'm used to human ramblings.  I came to inform you that Admiral Kirok wishes to speak to you"

=/\= Hawke to Medical when you have a chance, please transmit the report of the Data accumulated from our "guest"  give me an update on his medical status =/\=

"Computer contact Admiral Kirok, Commanding Officer of the Discovery.  High Priority"  James ordered

"Right away sir." Albert (CMO NPC) replied. He walked over to the incubator and began to transmit the information on the nanoprobes. Before he could confirm it, the Computer beeped.

"This culture has significant portions of data missing. Do you wish to proceed?"

Albert cocked his head in confusion. What was going on? But after a minute of contemplation he shrugged the idea off. Just nebula probs. "Confirmed."

=/\= Captain, this is Medical. Information has been sent. I am sending Dr. Meadows as she is the one that handled the operation. Medical out=/\=

Albert turned to Alyssa with a neutral look. "Well, have fun."

Alyssa nodded and headed to the briefing.

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Kirok

James said "Enter."

[Bridge of Discovery]

"Incoming hail from the Shran, Admiral" one of the officers said.  "On screen" Kirok replied.  He stood and pulled down on his shirt to flatten it out.

The screen stared out with the UFP emblem.  Then it changed into Hawke image.  Given everyone an idea as to who was speaking.

"Mr. Hawke.  It is agreeable to speak with you.  The circumstances are unfortunate.  What else can you tell us" he said.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Amynta Lianez

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on October 02, 2017, 11:32:39 AM

"Right away sir." Albert (CMO NPC) replied. He walked over to the incubator and began to transmit the information on the nanoprobes. Before he could confirm it, the Computer beeped.

"This culture has significant portions of data missing. Do you wish to proceed?"

Albert cocked his head in confusion. What was going on? But after a minute of contemplation he shrugged the idea off. Just nebula probs. "Confirmed."

=/\= Captain, this is Medical. Information has been sent. I am sending Dr. Meadows as she is the one that handled the operation. Medical out=/\=

Albert turned to Alyssa with a neutral look. "Well, have fun."

Alyssa nodded and headed to the briefing.

Amynta spotted Alyssa headed into the briefing just before her, and made sure to position herself near the other woman. After the brief insanity of their last mission and the patient they still had sitting down in Sickbay, she had a feeling that she an Alyssa were going to be thrown together once again, if this had anything to do with the altered Romulans they were facing. She'd much rather be with someone she was familiar with anyway, and she had decided that she actually enjoyed working with Dr. Meadows, although she had a few questions to ask about the strange equipment in her quarters, whenever they had a free moment...

"Hello, Doctor." she greeted her with a smile.

Species: Trill (Unjoined)
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."  Shakespeare (Hamlet)

Kachina Filitov

[CSO's Office]

=^=Attention all senior officers, please report to the ready room for a briefing.=^=

Bridge

Katcha heard the com and immediately looked over to the backup duty flight controller. The PO came over and she did a brief handover. She then got up and headed over to the ready room.

Ready Room

Katcha entered and, as she appeared to be the first to arrive, sat down at the far end of the table to await the other officers.

Kira Wyman

Quarters

After a brisk shower, Kira stepped out, drying herself off and hanging the towel up to dry. She'd just come out of the Holodeck after she had spent some time fighting the Holodeck. She'd created a mixed martial arts hologram and fought the computer in the traditional octagon. She could train her taekwondo in there, train in all of the other arts of combat, and stay fit too. Kira enjoyed it, it gave her something to do, and it felt quite therapeutic too, so Kira did it in her free time when she could.

Kira walked over to the cabinet and pulled out a fresh uniform, as she begun to put in the uniform, her combadge chirped.

[CSO's Office]

As Kira finished putting on the uniform, she walked over to her side where her combadge was and clipped it on to her uniform. She tapped it after she put it on. =^="Wyman to Jones, acknowledged, commander."=^= With that, Kira left her room and made her way for the ready room.

On the way to the conference room, Kira thought back to the past day. It was strange, Kira didn't like how it turned out and she wondered what would come out of the whole situation. Hopefully, this would add some light on the situation and she'd feel better about the situation.

Ready Room

Kira entered into the ready room and walked towards a chair. The room was mostly empty, other than a single officer which she had seen on a couple of occasions. Kira knew that she was Russian but that was about as much as she knew. She sat down next to the woman and smiled. "Hello, I am Kira Wyman. I work in tactical, it's a pleasure to meet you." Kira finished.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Amynta Lianez on October 02, 2017, 04:43:59 PM

Amynta spotted Alyssa headed into the briefing just before her, and made sure to position herself near the other woman. After the brief insanity of their last mission and the patient they still had sitting down in Sickbay, she had a feeling that she an Alyssa were going to be thrown together once again, if this had anything to do with the altered Romulans they were facing. She'd much rather be with someone she was familiar with anyway, and she had decided that she actually enjoyed working with Dr. Meadows, although she had a few questions to ask about the strange equipment in her quarters, whenever they had a free moment...

"Hello, Doctor." she greeted her with a smile.

Alyssa heard a familiar voice behind her, causing her to stop and look over her shoulder. She was almost to the briefing and she was already running late, but she was also curious to see who it was. So far nobody had really acknowledged her presence-- that was going to change shortly. When Alyssa made eye contact with Amynta, she flashed a genuine smile. "Oh, hey there." Alyssa said in a oddly warming tone of voice. "You going to the briefing too?"

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.