Columbus Stories 1.3 - Pleasing Forms

Started by Michael J. Tritter, October 01, 2017, 10:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xander Dorset

Quote from: T'Prina on October 06, 2017, 11:37:19 AM

[Puzzles]
T'Prina was jolted a bit from her focus on the crowd. She turned to see Dorset in some sort of skirted costume. It wasn't her place to judge his questionable taste in attire outside of the laboratory. She raised an eyebrow as she chose to address him.

"Your guess is as good as mine, Ensign. She wandered off into the crowd attempting to... 'Mummy Walk.' It was a sort of shuffle stomp with arms held like so" She held up her arms in an attempt to mimic the small AI. It looked rather stiff and comical, which was unintended, but a realistic interpretation.

"You are welcome to look for her, she is most probably nearby and into some sort of mischief. Although given the setting, that most likely applies to 89.9% of the gathering here." The Vulcan dropped her arms, and scanned the crowd again. She didn't spot the pastel mummy, but rather a somewhat morose Captain Thomas Jett. With a sudden push away from the wall, the brightly wrapped sweets in the satchel she held crinkled with the jolt.

"If you would excuse me, Ensign, I have other matters to attend to."

[Puzzles]

Xander couldn't stop the snort from escaping his mouth when the Vulcan Lieutenant mimicked the little girl's earlier movements. His smile disappeared as she continued talking though. She's just lost? In this shady place? He looked around the room with incredulous eyes and opened his mouth as if he were thinking about commenting... Only to have the woman cut him off before he could - then just leave him.

His jaw dropped open as if he might protest and he looked around as if someone else might have seen him get blown off like that. He threw his hands up with a colourful curse, then pushed off the wall and worked his way into the crowd. Someone had to look for the girl. Me moved into the crowd, muttering under his breath as he peeked around scantily costumed adults. "I'm a scientist, not a babysitter..." He pushed aside a a sparkly peacock without much ceremony so that he could look under her table while grumbling "Three PhD's later, and where am I? Wandering around a seedy bar, looking for a childish AI dressed up as a pastel bundle of bandages."

A few minutes later, Xander thought he had heard a little girl's voice. He wandered along the edge of the room, still muttering, when he heard it again. What was she called again? ANaLYN? "ANaLYN? Ana? You there?.. Ana, it's Dr. Dorset from the lab. I put on a costume for you... Aaaaaaaana?" He definitely heard something now. Was that... Latin?

He peeked into a closet and found the fashionable mummy, holding a strange book, chanting, and surrounded by an unnaturally cold, sort of spooky fog. He froze in the doorway, emitting a strangled, "Ana? What's going on?"

"Impossible is nothing

Johannes Kentrat

[Operations]

Johannes almost flew out of his uniform when he some disembodied voice crawl around the back of him from the speakers. His fingers fumbled on his screens for a moment before his captain brought him back. One thing Adeyemi could be given credit for was that commanding presence he exuded. Like the old Royal Navy captains who could just cut through the flak with their voice.

"I uhm...", he went pouring through his screens again, looking for something. Something.

There.

"I think it's a life sign, sir. Deep in the Engineering bulb, it's all over the area. It keeps fluctuating, too; reading life and non life. I've never seen anything like it, sir."

Michael J. Tritter

[Location: Promenade]

Tritter had been focused on investigating the mysterious clouds when he heard a message notification go off. He than reviewed the message, the message consisted of the following, "Hey Hon, I'm not sure whats going on, but something is awry... It's very, dark" Tritter looked curiously at the comm unit, he found the message curious but he knew his Husband was very inclined in those type of things. He than replied with a simple "Thank you" to his Husband.

The response was short and sweet, but he knew exactly what it meant. But he also didn't want to alarm the crew un-necessarily. He didn't want to carry this message over the comms, as it would cause undue alarm. He proceeded to make his way up to the Command Deck of the base. He would than make his way inside and approach the Captain, he than proceeded to state the following, barely above of a whisper "Captain, theres something I need to tell you privately" , it was low to keep the message from carrying throughout the Command deck. The man's tone was confident and assertive, but it was quiet for a reason. He carried himself with a confidence that served to calm the crew.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on October 05, 2017, 10:12:58 AM

[Promenade]

Adeyemi shrugged, as if to say, Who knows with admirals?

"I assume it will come through official channels. Be ready, commander. If you need leave to go and testify consider it granted." The captain said. He had no doubt that the Vice Admiral would be contacting him in due time, too. The scope of Fidelio's crimes were too large to handle himself as the commanding officer. Starfleet wanted to make an example of him.

"If you gentlemen will excuse me, someone has to be in Ops." Adeyemi said. He placed his cup of mulled wine onto a replicator and said, " =/\= Recycle. =/\= "

"Of course Captain." Dan simply replied as the Captain walked over to the replicator and the to the turbolift.

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on October 05, 2017, 05:14:01 PM

As she left Puzzles, Knox noticed Lt. Commander Dan standing outside in his uniform and she hoped he was on duty.

"Commander. We are having issues in Ops. Strange readings is all I have to go on right now. It could be the live organic systems integrating. Would you join me?"

As Knox spoke, she began pulling out her feathers, putting her hair up and readjusting her skirts as best as she could.

Promenade
He was just about to walk off himself when his attention was captured by Lt. Knox, mentioning their were issues in ops. I suppose an Engineer could always be helpful he thought to himself and considering he didn't have much else to do so he didn't see why he couldn't join her, so replied "Of course Lieutenant." and started walking towards the nearest turbolift.

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on October 06, 2017, 01:02:38 PM

[Operations]
"=/\= Ops to Engineering. Send out repair teams, we are having communications dead zones and plasma build up. =/\= " It was almost like the SBC was a giant heart, and a few ventricles and arteries had stopped working. Adeyemi didn't want to think about what that meant.

Operations
A few moments later, he and Knox arrived in Operations, exiting the turbolift he simply took over from the officer at Engineering and logged on to the terminal. He didn't bother alerting the Captain, he got the feeling something was going on and he knew that if he was needed, the Captain would surley spot him.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Johannes Kentrat on October 06, 2017, 11:05:26 PM

[Operations]

Johannes almost flew out of his uniform when he some disembodied voice crawl around the back of him from the speakers. His fingers fumbled on his screens for a moment before his captain brought him back. One thing Adeyemi could be given credit for was that commanding presence he exuded. Like the old Royal Navy captains who could just cut through the flak with their voice.

"I uhm...", he went pouring through his screens again, looking for something. Something.

There.

"I think it's a life sign, sir. Deep in the Engineering bulb, it's all over the area. It keeps fluctuating, too; reading life and non life. I've never seen anything like it, sir."

[Operations]

"..." Adeyemi had opened his mouth and quickly closed it. Luckily, his officers had his back.

"I'm currently sending the scans to Lieutenant T'Prina's science console," The ginger blueshirt said.

"Good work. Whatever this is, it's beyond me." The captain said forthrightly. "Good work. And you too, Kentrat. Keep monitoring the situation and notify me of any changes. Also..."

Adeyemi moved closer to the younger man, studied the readings. This wasn't quite in his purview but he was doing his best.

"If its a life form some of the time, odds are we can communicate with it...correct?"

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on October 07, 2017, 12:04:34 PM

[Location: Promenade]

Tritter had been focused on investigating the mysterious clouds when he heard a message notification go off. He than reviewed the message, the message consisted of the following, "Hey Hon, I'm not sure whats going on, but something is awry... It's very, dark" Tritter looked curiously at the comm unit, he found the message curious but he knew his Husband was very inclined in those type of things. He than replied with a simple "Thank you" to his Husband.

The response was short and sweet, but he knew exactly what it meant. But he also didn't want to alarm the crew un-necessarily. He didn't want to carry this message over the comms, as it would cause undue alarm. He proceeded to make his way up to the Command Deck of the base. He would than make his way inside and approach the Captain, he than proceeded to state the following, barely above of a whisper "Captain, theres something I need to tell you privately" , it was low to keep the message from carrying throughout the Command deck. The man's tone was confident and assertive, but it was quiet for a reason. He carried himself with a confidence that served to calm the crew.

[Operations]

"Commander." Adeyemi said, glancing up. The big German had a grave look on his face. The captain was immediately concerned. Unorthodox in lifestyle, Tritter had nevertheless proven himself to be a valuable asset, especially when it came to crises. Adeyemi muttered a bland "excuse me" to Kentrat and waved Tritter to his office.

[CO's Office]

Adeyemi's office was spartan to say the least. It consisted of a single brown leather wing chair behind a modern desk, no carpeting. Visitors could stand or drag over a small stool to the desk. There was a bookshelf stuffed full of leather bound volumes. One was open on the desk. Adeyemi flipped it towards Tritter and said from memory:

"After a difficulty, Allah will soon grant relief." He smiled slightly. "The Holy Quran, 65:7. I've always believed that there are many roads to God, and I try not to begrudge a man his travels, they're each difficult and go by their own route. What's your difficulty currently, Commander?"

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on October 07, 2017, 12:28:17 PM

[Operations]

"..." Adeyemi had opened his mouth and quickly closed it. Luckily, his officers had his back.

"I'm currently sending the scans to Lieutenant T'Prina's science console," The ginger blueshirt said.

"Good work. Whatever this is, it's beyond me." The captain said forthrightly. "Good work. And you too, Kentrat. Keep monitoring the situation and notify me of any changes. Also..."

Adeyemi moved closer to the younger man, studied the readings. This wasn't quite in his purview but he was doing his best.

"If its a life form some of the time, odds are we can communicate with it...correct?"

[Operations]

"Commander." Adeyemi said, glancing up. The big German had a grave look on his face. The captain was immediately concerned. Unorthodox in lifestyle, Tritter had nevertheless proven himself to be a valuable asset, especially when it came to crises. Adeyemi muttered a bland "excuse me" to Kentrat and waved Tritter to his office.

[CO's Office]

Adeyemi's office was spartan to say the least. It consisted of a single brown leather wing chair behind a modern desk, no carpeting. Visitors could stand or drag over a small stool to the desk. There was a bookshelf stuffed full of leather bound volumes. One was open on the desk. Adeyemi flipped it towards Tritter and said from memory:

"After a difficulty, Allah will soon grant relief." He smiled slightly. "The Holy Quran, 65:7. I've always believed that there are many roads to God, and I try not to begrudge a man his travels, they're each difficult and go by their own route. What's your difficulty currently, Commander?"

[Location: CO's Office]

Tritter followed the Captain to his Office. He than shifted his gaze to study the fairly spartan area before focusing on the Captain. They were all business and he appreciated that, their Office also reflected that.

Tritter watched them grab the book and open it, it was a religious text. He wondered if there was a lifestyle lecture coming, and if so, he was going to remind them that now is not the time for that. He pondered over their statement... Curious, but he remained focused on the matter at hand. Their query of him was interesting, he had no difficulty, but he got the feeling the Captain was expecting him to attend confession with them. He than replied with, "Sir, there has been indications from a reliable source that what is causing our issues is paranormal and dark in nature" His tone was confident and assertive as he addressed the Captain.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Thomas Jett

[Puzzle's Corner Table]

Tom stared into the distance as he saw the music and commotion took place at the establishment.  He had a double shot of whiskey on the table.  He grabbed the shot glass and looked into the liquid in the shot glass.  He was drinking, again.

[Starfleet Academy -  2378 ]

"Dude, It's Halloween!"  Tom exclaimed to his roommate as he finished putting a costume.  Jett dressed up as an old Earth Soccer/Football Star,  David Beckham.  He grabbed a soccer ball and then continued "Dude, it's like one of those nights of the year that it's fun.  Everyone goes out relax it's awesome."

The roommate dressed in his Starfleet Uniform was a Vulcan "I do not require to have "fun."  The same way humans do, Cadet Jett.  I am quite satisfied with my achievements.  Furthermore,  I do believe that my time is spent more efficiently by studying these warp equations as should you for flight school."

Jett smiled and said "C'mon you can totally wing those"

The Vulcan Roommate responded "I believe that "winging it" as you so aptly mentioned might not lead to satisfactory scores to the test."

"Whatever.  I'm heading out se ya!" Tom said as he headed out.

Jett spent a couple of hours bar hopping between several residents at the academy.  Even though he should be with a group, he opted to walk alone.  He was on his third party when he saw a familiar face.  It was his high school sweetheart Anna.

She was dressed as a vampire, a typical haloween costume.

"My, my, my look what we have here,"  Anna said

Tom surprised to see his high school sweetheart responded: "Anna, is that you?"

"I hope you would recognize me, Cadet Jett"  Anna responded

"Look, I'm sorry.  I should have called more. I know I would not be in the academy if it weren't for you. But Starfleet is a dangerous place and I don't want you to worry about me"  Tom said

"I have enlisted in Starfleet"  Anna responded

"Enlist...Wait...you what? Anna, people die in Starfleet it's dangerous!  You can't!"  Tom said

Anna responded "Aren't you being hypocritical?  They need scientist specifically archeologist.  Besides knowing you, you will run into danger head first without any regard for your personal safety or how other people worry about you."

Tom then said "I can't change your mind?"

Anna nodded and said "Nope, but the least you can do if to get a girl a drink.  And by the way it's good to see you again Tom"

Jett smiled and said, "All right, the least I can do is help you move into the dorms in the Spring."

Anna smiled and said, "That's better."

Tom started to leave to pick up a drink for Anna when he said "What are you doing next weekend?"

Anna responded "So you don't call me for months and now you as asking me out on a date?  You are bold, Cadet Jett"

Jett responded, "Do you want to go out or not?"

Anna smiled and teased him "I'll think about it.  I think I should make you wait."

[Present Day]

"What happened to you?"  Tom asked himself

He took a sip of his whiskey and felt the alcohol burning into his stomach.  From the corner of his eye, he noticed a familiar looking person wearing an Egyptian costume.

Jett looked at T'Prina walking by and approaching his table.
Quote from: T'Prina on October 06, 2017, 11:37:19 AM

"Hello, Tom. I had not anticipated seeing you at these festivities. Would it be agreeable if I joined you?"

Jett smiled at her and responded "T'Prina, you don't need to ask.  I always find your presence enjoyable. I love spending time with you, besides it's good when it's not a crisis going on."

Jett felt for a second a little happier.  Her mere presence lightens up his mood.  It has been years since he genuinely felt that way.   Jett look his glass of whiskey and said "I'm sorry if I am not feeling well.  I just memories."

Jett looked at the distance and noticed kids in the background with their costumes.  "Did I ever tell you that I wanted to have kids?   I always thought that there would be time."

Jenna McKinson

[ Puzzles ]

Molly snuck Jenna through the crowd of people who had just listened to her perform with Divine Temptation. Molly knew of Jenna's singing, but was blown away just listening to it. Molly was on stranger to the stage herself, but got lost in the adrenaline of performing with her beloved. Since it had been made official on the stage, Molly was less nervous about holding Jenna's hand in public.

[ Puzzles - Bar ]

Jenna and Molly made their way quickly to the bar to go and chat with Leanna. Though they had their one drink, they were drunk in the moment. She could see why Jenna loved performing, but she never asked why she stopped.  "Hey Lea," Molly said trying to get Leanna's attention. While she did this, Jenna was fixing her hat. She noticed T'prina walk over in an Egyptian costume. She said hello to a man she recognized only in passing, but never got the man's name. "T'prina your costume is really good," Jenna said to T'Prina once she put her hat back on.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on October 11, 1974, 12:25:00 PM

[ Puzzles - Bar ]

Jenna and Molly made their way quickly to the bar to go and chat with Leanna. Though they had their one drink, they were drunk in the moment. She could see why Jenna loved performing, but she never asked why she stopped.  "Hey Lea," Molly said trying to get Leanna's attention. While she did this, Jenna was fixing her hat. She noticed T'prina walk over in an Egyptian costume. She said hello to a man she recognized only in passing, but never got the man's name. "T'prina your costume is really good," Jenna said to T'Prina once she put her hat back on.

[Puzzles]

Leanna had made a pretty good dent in the plate of food that she had picked up from the buffet table and hadn't realised how hungry she had been then again running around trying to get everything set up in time hadn't given her much time to eat plus the adrenaline of being on stage had left her ravenous and she didn't feel guilty at all for what she had devoured.

Smiling when she saw Jenna and Molly approach her holding hands and it was good to see them so happy and more importantly official. Only those close to Leanna could call her Lea something she would have to mention to Knox when she saw her and moved over slightly in the booth her and Seamus shared so they could sit down with them.

Noticing Jenna greet the Vulcan science officer also made her smile even more so with her adjusting her hat and spoke to both her and Molly. " Hey Molly and Jenna, please join me and Seamus and we can have another drink and talk about being on stage".

Auzual Knox

[Ops]

Dan had been quiet on the way to Ops. He had not heard the voice, of Knox for that matter. She nodded to him as they arrived and they went their separate ways.

Everyone else in Ops were dressed in their uniforms, whilst Knox walked over to her multi-consoled station with her colorful skirts swooshing, with little concern and unfazed as she nodded to Captain Adeyemi who seemed rather taken by his conversation with Commander Tritter.

Observing the strange readings coming from the heart of Engineering, Knox began to feel a chill again and was starting to get annoyed with the environmental controls. She reviewed even more internal systems reports. The array had been overloaded, but lots of data was still being sent about the internal readings.

"It is not the environmental controls."

"Whoever you are, I am beginning to get annoyed with you."

Knox looked around and noticed an Ensign had heard her. She shook her head, as if to indicate that she was not directing her comment to him. Then, just slightly in her peripheral vision she noticed something, a figure. However when she looked directly, it was gone.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on October 07, 2017, 01:58:01 PM

Tritter followed the Captain to his Office. He than shifted his gaze to study the fairly spartan area before focusing on the Captain. They were all business and he appreciated that, their Office also reflected that.

Tritter watched them grab the book and open it, it was a religious text. He wondered if there was a lifestyle lecture coming, and if so, he was going to remind them that now is not the time for that. He pondered over their statement... Curious, but he remained focused on the matter at hand. Their query of him was interesting, he had no difficulty, but he got the feeling the Captain was expecting him to attend confession with them. He than replied with, "Sir, there has been indications from a reliable source that what is causing our issues is paranormal and dark in nature" His tone was confident and assertive as he addressed the Captain.

[CO's Office]

Adeyemi narrowed his eyes. If it were any other man standing before him he would have thought this was some kind of Halloween prank. But his first officer was not known for his sense of humor.

Perhaps unsurprisingly Adeyemi was not averse to the option. His faith was full of demons and devils, and the native religions of his people was too, but the captain considered that rankest heathenry.

"I'll consider it a last option," Adeyemi declared in his forceful, stubborn way. "It is scientific reasoning that will see us through this, not seeing the devil around every corner. Still..."

" =/\= Adeyemi to Friar T'Vol. =/\= "

" =/\= Yes, my son? =/\= "

" =/\= Have you been monitoring the situation? =/\= "

" =/\= I have. I am making preparations. T'Vol out. =/\= "

"That is our fallback option, Commander." The captain said to Tritter. "T'Vol can be counted upon. Would your...would Ryan be able to help as well?"

His awkwardness aside, Adeyemi knew that Tritter's mate was considered a powerful psychic. He didn't know if he believed in such things, but right now he was pursuing all options.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on October 08, 2017, 08:19:29 AM

[CO's Office]

Adeyemi narrowed his eyes. If it were any other man standing before him he would have thought this was some kind of Halloween prank. But his first officer was not known for his sense of humor.

Perhaps unsurprisingly Adeyemi was not averse to the option. His faith was full of demons and devils, and the native religions of his people was too, but the captain considered that rankest heathenry.

"I'll consider it a last option," Adeyemi declared in his forceful, stubborn way. "It is scientific reasoning that will see us through this, not seeing the devil around every corner. Still..."

" =/\= Adeyemi to Friar T'Vol. =/\= "

" =/\= Yes, my son? =/\= "

" =/\= Have you been monitoring the situation? =/\= "

" =/\= I have. I am making preparations. T'Vol out. =/\= "

"That is our fallback option, Commander." The captain said to Tritter. "T'Vol can be counted upon. Would your...would Ryan be able to help as well?"

His awkwardness aside, Adeyemi knew that Tritter's mate was considered a powerful psychic. He didn't know if he believed in such things, but right now he was pursuing all options.

Tritter noticed the Captain's demeanor change, he was not suprised because he knew of their intense faith. Tritter nodded to the Captain, "Understood Sir, the important thing is that we keep the people aboard the Columbus safe" He knew the Captain would not be against that.

Tritter pondered his next comment, he than replied with "Ryan is the type who if he can help, he will, I will get him, thank you Sir. If it is ok, I will get to work" He waited a moment for the Captain to acknowledge the request before he turned on a heel and exited.

He paused outside for a few moments, he requested that his Husband join him. He than tapped his comm badge  =/\= Lieutenants Knox and T'Prina, Cadets Lachlyn and Lentrat, Ensign Dorset, my office immediately" His tone was calm but his words emphasized that it was important to not lollygag.

He than made his way to his Office, he was happy to see his Husband waiting for him. They shared a brief hug, than lead him inside to his office. He than stated the following to Ryan, he stated "I know it is asking alot, especially with the Collector situation, but we need your help again to take care of our paranormal visitors" Ryan smiled slightly and put his right hand on Tritter's upper left shoulder, "Happy to, we.got this" was his reply in a slight southern, "We got accent. Tritter chuckled a bit and replied with "I know we do with your help" Ryan found a spot to take a seat as they waited for the others, while Tritter remained standing.

T'Prina

Quote from: Thomas Jett on October 07, 2017, 02:06:26 PM

[Puzzle's Corner Table]

He took a sip of his whiskey and felt the alcohol burning into his stomach.  From the corner of his eye, he noticed a familiar looking person wearing an Egyptian costume.

Jett looked at T'Prina walking by and approaching his table.

Jett smiled at her and responded "T'Prina, you don't need to ask.  I always find your presence enjoyable. I love spending time with you, besides it's good when it's not a crisis going on."

Jett felt for a second a little happier.  Her mere presence lightens up his mood.  It has been years since he genuinely felt that way.   Jett look his glass of whiskey and said "I'm sorry if I am not feeling well.  I just memories."

Jett looked at the distance and noticed kids in the background with their costumes.  "Did I ever tell you that I wanted to have kids?   I always thought that there would be time."

[Puzzles]

T'Prina folded her hands primly on the table, as she considered an appropriate response to his revelation. Humans were a lot more open about their personal matters, but she didn't mind Jett opening up to her. She enjoyed learning more about him, as though he were a mystery to be solved.

"You were married and I suppose it is only natural for mated couples to eventually consider the possibility of offspring. It is a common enough urge throughout many species. I myself was never overly concerned with the idea. It seemed, superfluous." Her green eyes shifted down to the table, slightly uncomfortable with the topic. She did not have any prior experience unless one counted her failed betrothal. And that could not be considered healthy by any stretch of the imagination. It was to be assumed that Jett however had been content with his wife, and he currently mourned the loss of what could have been.

"It is logical, however to consider what is happening now, and what you want the future to be, rather than dwelling on the past. I too have memories that are... difficult. But I am here, and I continue to move forward because I choose to."

The Vulcan looked up at him, eyebrow raised in what was almost a cheeky manner when she added,"Besides, you are not so old that you would be unable to father a child, if you so chose. The real problem lies within finding someone you find appropriate and of course, whether or not they can tolerate your questionable behavior." A small smirk appeared, more obvious due to the intricate makeup she wore which exaggerated her sharp features.

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on October 07, 2017, 04:10:09 PM

[Puzzles]

"I will let ANaLYN know you approve of her choice, Lt. McKinson." T'Prina nodded in acknowledgement of the compliment. "You and your partner are dressed as Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. A rather intriguing pair, I believe the hat suits you."

Her demeanor was regal as she returned the kind words, though it was unintentional. Social settings were not her favorite, but she found that by faking a confidence she did not feel usually helped gloss over any awkwardness. Although, she tended to come off as haughty or rude, it encouraged less small talk.

[Science Department]

Lieutenant Harlan DeGroat sat at his desk, idly sipping a frothy pumpkin coffee beverage as he ironed out details on the latest duty roster. The drink was thoroughly camouflaged in a stainless steel thermos, the man wouldn't be caught dead drinking the sugary concoction his wife had introduced him to. He smirked to himself as he added Ensign Dorset's name to the rotation.

Hope you enjoy 0300 wake up times, buddy. Welcome to the Starbase Columbus. Graveyard shift was typically reserved for newbies and that's what he was getting. He felt a sudden cold draft, combined with a prickling of the fine hairs on the back of his neck, as an alarm blared from one of the consoles across the room.

"What the damn hell?" The somewhat portly man cursed out loud as he arose from his chair and tromped across the room. Lt. T'Prina's station was inundated with strange reports and sensor readings. It was bad enough whoever sent it had bypassed his authority as Chief Science Officer, but he absolutely hated to admit the Vulcan might be the only one able to see any sort of pattern in the chaos. Still he would do his best to graph out the data, as it was his duty.

[Puzzles]

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on October 08, 2017, 10:49:49 AM

He paused outside for a few moments, he requested that his Husband join him. He than tapped his comm badge  =/\= "Lieutenants Knox and T'Prina, Cadets Lachlyn and Lentrat, Ensign Dorset, my office immediately."  =/\= His tone was calm but his words emphasized that it was important to not lollygag.

T'Prina cocked her head at the summons. The XO didn't usually have much to say to her, so a call to his office was extremely unusual. She looked over to Jett as if to consider something before asking.

"Tom, would you mind coming with me? I have... an unsettling feeling about this."

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Jenna McKinson

Quote from: T'Prina on October 08, 2017, 03:33:09 PM

"I will let ANaLYN know you approve of her choice, Lt. McKinson." T'Prina nodded in acknowledgement of the compliment. "You and your partner are dressed as Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. A rather intriguing pair, I believe the hat suits you."

Her demeanor was regal as she returned the kind words, though it was unintentional. Social settings were not her favorite, but she found that by faking a confidence she did not feel usually helped gloss over any awkwardness. Although, she tended to come off as haughty or rude, it encouraged less small talk.

[ Puzzles ]

Jenna smiled at T'Prina's remark. "Thank you," Jenna said to her plainly. To her the compliment did not come off as cold or rude. She herself never pitted T'Prina as a social type. So getting a compliment from her was kind of nice. Any chance of small talk back was interrupted by Molly whispering into her ear and the two of them laughing at a joke they both found amusing.

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on October 07, 2017, 04:19:45 PM

Noticing Jenna greet the Vulcan science officer also made her smile even more so with her adjusting her hat and spoke to both her and Molly. " Hey Molly and Jenna, please join me and Seamus and we can have another drink and talk about being on stage".

[ Puzzles ]

Jenna and Molly knew that they would be needed by Dan at any second, but wanted to continue to have a good time. They had their combadges hidden so that if needed, they could easily respond. "That sounds fun. We just need to be ready if Dan needs us. We apologize in advance if we need to dip early," Molly said. Jenna nodded in reply to what Molly said. "I'd also like to remember this evening. Though there's nothing wrong with a little bit of liquid confidence. I haven't played to a crowd that big in a while," Jenna said.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Auzual Knox

[Ops]

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on October 08, 2017, 10:49:49 AM

He paused outside for a few moments, he requested that his Husband join him. He than tapped his comm badge  =/\= Lieutenants Knox and T'Prina, Cadets Lachlyn and Lentrat, Ensign Dorset, my office immediately" His tone was calm but his words emphasized that it was important to not lollygag.

There is no way my imagination or mind could mimic the Commander's thick German accent so well, clearly hearing that voice is not a sign of needing to see Sickbay.

Knox wondered for a moment how a conversation about hearing voices, seeing cloud formations appear and vanish just as quickly and feeling very cold occasionally, would go.

=/\= On my way, Commander. Knox out. =/\=

She wished that she had passed by her quarters to change into her uniform, prior to the meeting, but there was simply no time. Sighing, but not hesitating, Knox made her way to Commander Tritter's office.

"Are you really sure that you want to be going there?"

Knox stood still for a moment. She did not know what would make her stalker to stop making random statements out of nowhere and hide whilst doing so.

"I am not listening to you."

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.