Columbus Stories 1.3 - Pleasing Forms

Started by Michael J. Tritter, October 01, 2017, 10:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auzual Knox

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on October 03, 2017, 03:05:44 AM

[Puzzles]
Smiling as Knox came up to them and complimented her on her costume, Knox looked absolutely stunning in hers as she started dancing with them and mentioned Naira.

" Thank you Knox and you look stunning " She replied " As for Naira I agree they would of loved it and there's someone I want to introduce you too my daughter Ariana" she said as Seamus turned round holding her.

The little cat being held by one of Leanna's employees was just delightful. She had her mothers Betazoid dark black eyes and dark hair. She wondered how the young dealt with feeling the emotions of others.

"She would have probably have had us all in a costume contest! Thank you. Hello Ariana. I believe this counts as good luck? A black cat passing your way. Leanna, she is precious."

Knox looked around and hoped that more of the staff would join in. Puzzles had really helped them during the incident when we lost power, heating, orbit... and it snowed. Also, she had not seen the Chief of Engineering for some time. And, the last time she had seen Leanna was when the body had been found.

How is security for the event?

=/\= Knox to Tanner. If all is quiet in the brig, could you come and check on Puzzles? =/\=

"Hope all is going well adjusting to having your baby with you on the Station, Leanna."

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on October 03, 2017, 08:26:02 AM

The little cat being held by one of Leanna's employees was just delightful. She had her mothers Betazoid dark black eyes and dark hair. She wondered how the young dealt with feeling the emotions of others.

"She would have probably have had us all in a costume contest! Thank you. Hello Ariana. I believe this counts as good luck? A black cat passing your way. Leanna, she is precious."

Knox looked around and hoped that more of the staff would join in. Puzzles had really helped them during the incident when we lost power, heating, orbit... and it snowed. Also, she had not seen the Chief of Engineering for some time. And, the last time she had seen Leanna was when the body had been found.

How is security for the event?

=/\= Knox to Tanner. If all is quiet in the brig, could you come and check on Puzzles? =/\=

"Hope all is going well adjusting to having your baby with you on the Station, Leanna."

[Puzzles]

Her daughter always seemed to have that affect on those she met and she was happy to finally be able to show her off to those she considered friends amongst the base crew. " That's true she would of but I have arranged a little prize for those who show up in costume " she replied before Knox spoke to Ariana. " She is indeed and I wouldn't of gotten through what I did without her or Seamus" she said as Knox contacted Security.

She was grateful for the call especially after what had happened the last time she had seen Knox and at least with having Cadet Tanner here it would help stop any potential trouble. " Thanks for that Knox and it's going really well and I'm happy that I've finally been able to bring her home where she belongs with me and my mother agreeing to stay has helped a lot too".

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Johannes Kentrat on October 02, 2017, 10:12:48 PM

[Promenade]

Johannes' mind was drawing a blank on his captain's name as he was being assessed. He dropped into parade rest with regimental precision and allowed those eyes to pour over him. It was like his own observational stare, but a lot more impersonal. More practiced. The welcome was also practiced, worn thin was any feeling of warmth. Something was wrong with his Captain's commbage it seemed. Too much delay.

Malcolm. That was it, Malcolm Adeyemi.

His glance followed his CO's finger as curtly as he'd saluted, but his eyebrows flinched as he witnessed...some garish red and white costume clad around what was supposed to be his Department Head. Tellarites had been a very rare site in Armstrong, but he'd...God, who would wear that much red?

"Actually Captain, the word around the Base has me a little...concerned, I guess you'd say," eyes snapped back to find the Captain's in an instant. He could maintain an expression of concern only slightly. Behind a thin shroud in his azure eyes, there was a red anger. The air got a tad hotter.

"I seem to have arrived at an interesting time. Could you elaborate on...or, hopefully dismiss these rumors?"

[Promenade]

"Don't you know Halloween, cadet?" Captain Adeyemi asked in a forceful, slightly denigrating way. The tone of an officer who couldn't be bothered. It was automatic, but inwardly he was gladdened that the other man didn't like the holiday, either.

It didn't occur to Adeyemi that Kentrat might mean the recent string of attacks. For the captain, the present situation was overwhelming and the past was the past. Until Vengeance's trial, at least.

Quote from: Daniel Howell on October 03, 2017, 08:05:37 AM

Upper Promenade
A few moments later, Dan arrived. He exited the turbolift stopping briefly to adjust his pips. The base was filled with everything you could think of. He very quickly located Captain Adeyemi and walked over to him, stopping just short and standing in a formal, yet causal pose said "What can I do for you sir?"

[Promenade]

"Commander Howell, excellent. Meet Cadet Kentrat, our new operations officer." Adeyemi gestured. "This is Lieutenant Commander Daniel Howell."

"Howell," The captain continued to the more senior officer. "Vice Admiral Casas is going to be in touch with you from Starfleet Headquarters regarding the Vengeance incident."

T'Prina

Quote from: Xander Dorset on October 02, 2017, 07:21:43 PM

[Science Department]

Eventually he found himself standing outside the main lab. Without ceremony, he opened the door and walked in, immediately dropping his bag by his feet as he surveyed the room - and the science officer currently running some scans. "So... You must be the Vulcan."

[Science Department]

T'Prina looked up from her scans, thoroughly unimpressed. It was near to the end of her shift, and she had a very impatient 'friend' awaiting her. Inwardly cursing the interruption, she returned to her scans, and noted a few minute differentials in the log.

"I am one of many Vulcans assigned to the Starbase Columbus. However I am one of the few assigned to this Department."

She broke off, adding another notation to the log. Her manner made it clear, his presence and flippant attitude were less than welcome in her domain. The Vulcan turned to face Xander directly, a single swooped brow arched imperiously. What she lacked in height she made up for in professional confidence and a wisdom that came with age.

"I am Lt. T'Prina, if you were not aware. I do not need a similar introduction, Ensign Dorset. I was informed of your arrival prior. According to current Starfleet regulations, new transfers are not to be added to duty rotation for two to three days while they adjust to new surroundings." Her lips pursed, showing an unvoiced disagreement with the rule, before she continued. "However you are welcome to acquaint yourself with the laboratories and equipment, provided you follow standard procedure. Lockers are provided for personal items, so as they are not hazardously left in the middle of the floor."

It looked as though T'Prina was going to add more before being rushed by a pinkish purplish blur that had materialized in the lab. The blur was revealed to be a small girl, with long straight brown hair and big dark eyes. Her hair was pulled up in a ponytail held by a large floppy pink bow and she appeared to be wrapped from head to toe in pastel lavender bandages. A stylishly shredded pink skirt completed the ensemble.

"Mama Prina, it is time for Tricks or Treats. Where is your costume? This is my first Halloween and we cannot be late for candy and parties!"

The little girl released her grip on T'Prina's waist and assumed an obstinate pose, hands on her hips and one tiny foot tapping as she awaited an explanation.

"We will not be late, Little One. There is plenty of time to attend the festivities." She lightly patted the girl's head and looked back to Xander. "You are also free to attend any of the planned holiday events, if you so please. I realize some humans enjoy these frivolities." Her voice held the cool condescension typical to most Vulcans, but the tone was softened by her almost gentle demeanor towards the strange child.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Jenna McKinson

[ Jenna's Quarters]

Molly sighed a bit as she waited for Jenna to get ready with her costume. Though she would normally be the hesitant one, it was her idea for the couple's costume."Come on. It's not that bad. Put on the hat on trust me,"Molly said. She heard something of a swear and a grumble, but Jenna finally came into view. Clad in a deerstalker cap and plaid poncho, she looked like a regular Sherlock Holmes. Molly smiled widely, but Jenna gave her a death glare."You will not laugh hear me?" She said. "Come now, I look just as silly as you my love,"Molly said. Though would normally be the moment Jenna would come back with a snide remark, however she then took a puff of her E-pipe.

Molly shook her head as they walked over to the oversized mirror located just outside Jenna's bed. Molly and Jenna looked like Sherlock Holmes and John Watson. Molly had her hair in a bun and wore her favorite pair of study glasses. Jenna had her hair a mess and the cap only added to the chaos. They wanted to go for a mix of the BBC Sherlock and the Downey Jr. Sherlock. Jenna smiled the moment she stood with Molly in the mirror.

"I hate to say this, but you are right,"Jenna said. "We look damn good." Molly smirked and Jenna playfully booped her nose with the epipe. "Come on. I want to show Leanna our costumes," Molly said reaching out her hand. Jenna took it and smiled.

In the two weeks since the craziness with the Vengeance lunatic, Molly and Jenna had gone on multiple dates. Though they knew how close they were, it just made it that much more special to them when they did enjoy a bite to eat together or working out in one of the holodeck. Molly led the way out and Jenna locked her quarters. They walked hand in hand toward the nearest Turbolift.

[ Puzzles ]

Jenna and Molly nervously entered Puzzles, but smiled at seeing the decorations. It reminded her of home and how her and Makayla, her sister, would always love doing things up for Halloween. She was glad to be in contact with her again, but was nervous to introduce Molly this early in their relationship. The two began to look for Leanna, but were open to conversation as they had a bit of time before they had to be on shift back at main engineering.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on October 03, 2017, 01:44:13 PM

[ Puzzles ]

Jenna and Molly nervously entered Puzzles, but smiled at seeing the decorations. It reminded her of home and how her and Makayla, her sister, would always love doing things up for Halloween. She was glad to be in contact with her again, but was nervous to introduce Molly this early in their relationship. The two began to look for Leanna, but were open to conversation as they had a bit of time before they had to be on shift back at main engineering.

[Puzzles]

The band had moved onto the next song https://youtu.be/0CFuCYNx-1g?list=RDQM1iwUdyU3yOU and for Leanna they were doing an excellent job of keeping everyone on their feet with these Old Earth songs. She was also enjoying spending time with Knox and as she moved about with Ariana noticed Jenna walk in with Molly and smiled at their couples costume.

Catching their attention and waved them over so they could join her and Knox so they would least be with someone they knew and perhaps she could even persuade Jenna to get up and sing with the band.

Johannes Kentrat

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on October 03, 2017, 10:03:14 AM

[Promenade]

"Don't you know Halloween, cadet?" Captain Adeyemi asked in a forceful, slightly denigrating way. The tone of an officer who couldn't be bothered. It was automatic, but inwardly he was gladdened that the other man didn't like the holiday, either.

It didn't occur to Adeyemi that Kentrat might mean the recent string of attacks. For the captain, the present situation was overwhelming and the past was the past. Until Vengeance's trial, at least.

[Promenade]

"Commander Howell, excellent. Meet Cadet Kentrat, our new operations officer." Adeyemi gestured. "This is Lieutenant Commander Daniel Howell."

"Howell," The captain continued to the more senior officer. "Vice Admiral Casas is going to be in touch with you from Starfleet Headquarters regarding the Vengeance incident."

[Promenade]

That response was to be expected. It seemed whatever had happened here was something best left to the people who had experienced. Something not suited to...outsiders, to put it bluntly.

"I've heard of the holiday, sir, it was just not something we celebrated on Luna," his tone was stifled, too procedural. He was trying to keep his personal feelings out of his first conversation with his Captain, but he could be excused for feeling a tad jilted. This was the lot of every cadet...his value would be seen soon enough.

He was picking up on the habit of not saluting aboard the Starbase, so he only offered a courteous bow of the head to the commander. Kentrat's eyes juggled between his superiors as Captain Adeyemi mentioned contact with one of the Vice Admirals. Was Vengeance the name of a perpetrator or just their way of keeping the criminal's name out of their mouth?

The brewings of court martial on his first day. He turned his head back to the dance floor to search for his 'date', but they were already occupied with another lonely sailor. He allowed himself a smirk at how...ominous the events were.

Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble, indeed...

He snapped his head to face Commander Howell almost inhumanely fast.

"A pleasure, Commander," he leaned on his words this time with confidence. He knew to keep his military bearing, but if he spoke like an android his entire tenure, they may suspect something.

"I do hope you're enjoying yourself."

Jenna McKinson

[Puzzles]

Jenna smiled when her and Molly had reached the group. The music playing was wonderful and the atmosphere was perfect. "Hello Leanna and Knox," Jenna said with a smile. "This party is amazing. This is better than many parties I have been to and we just got here," Molly said. When Leanna greeted them, Molly blushed a bit and Jenna smiled. The compliments were welcomed. Jenna then noticed Knox's wonderful outfit. "I love your costume" Jenna said with a smile.

Knox thanked Jenna and directed compliments towards Molly, who was sheepishly quiet around the SO.  Jenna and Knox has met previously during the Analyn crises, which solidified mutual respect for one another. As the band's song began to end, Leanna had leaked into the conversation that the stage was open if Jenna wanted to perform. There was a large piano put on the stage It was almost as if Leanna had planned for it. Jenna's wheels began to turn and a devilish smile came across her face. To those who didn't know better, her smile would suggest she should have horns instead of her hat. "There is one song I can think of, but I want Knox performing with me," She wasn't sure how to gauge Knox's reaction, but she continued her smirk as she held out her hand. "After you.

Knox took Jenna's hand as she let her lead the way. A different side to Knox was certainly being shown this HallowEve. Mostly everyone fell silent as they realized that their SO was approaching the stage!

Quietness fell, but as soon as Jenna sat at the piano, a spotlight shined on her and Molly began cheering and clapping and then others quickly followed. Jenna handed the SO a microphone and sat down at the piano.  She gave a quiet nod and quietly stated that she would lead her in.

Knox was sitting on the piano with her right leg over her left, in darkness and was a little nervous. Jenna could sense it and winked to her, smiling as she fingered the piano bars. As she played the intro, spotlights shot across the stage. Knox clicked her fingers as her skirts flirted with the lights and smoke. The colors were so beautiful. And, Jenna looked rather dashing in her Sherlock Holmes outfit, very very attractive.

She took a deep breath and held the microphone close to her lips, she looked to Jenna and awaited her mark. Jenna, after all, was the one in charge here and she looked every bit the professional star. Then, taking a deep breath, looking out to the crowds, she began.

"I put a spell on you, because you're mine."

She lifted her arm and outstretched, then lifted herself off the piano and walked to along the stage, bending a little at the front to point to someone in the crowd, swaying to the music.

As Knox sang the first verse,  Jenna did her best to sway with the music and play a perfect beat for her. Her masterful hands played the instrument in front of her so it blended perfectly with Knox's voice.

As the second verse hit, Jenna mustered as much soul as she could. He voice garnered deep power and sent chills down Molly's spine. "You know I can't stand it. You're runnin' around. You know better daddy. I can't stand it because you put me down. Oh No" As she sang this, she looked at Molly. Their eyes met for a moment and Molly pretended to swoon like an over the top fangirl.

When the next verse hit, the two songstresses sang together. Jenna listened to Knox's pitch and harmonized with her. Jenna was good at thinking on her feet. Her knack for matching tone was  what garnered her a lot of attention.

"I love you, I love you, I love you and I do not care if you don't want me, I'm yours right now."

She moved back to the piano, her feathers moving freely, and joined with Jenna as they finished the song. Jenna continued to play as the two continued to sing together. When she threw her head back, her hair became freely flowing almost as if it was in slow motion.  Very quickly Jenna motioned Knox to continue playing so that she could throw her hat to Molly. Molly pretended even more to be swooning.

"Becauuuuussseeee ... your ... minnnnnnneeee."

The song ended and the lights dimmed again. The two laughed at one another as they put their mics down for a moment to exchange a friendly hug. When the lights came back up, they got up and took a bow. Jenna then grabbed the mic. "You are all too kind. However, let's give it up for the wonderful woman who set this all up! Everyone give it up for Leanna," Jenna said.

Xander Dorset

Quote from: T'Prina on October 03, 2017, 10:28:29 AM

[Science Department]

T'Prina looked up from her scans, thoroughly unimpressed. It was near to the end of her shift, and she had a very impatient 'friend' awaiting her. Inwardly cursing the interruption, she returned to her scans, and noted a few minute differentials in the log.

"I am one of many Vulcans assigned to the Starbase Columbus. However I am one of the few assigned to this Department."

She broke off, adding another notation to the log. Her manner made it clear, his presence and flippant attitude were less than welcome in her domain. The Vulcan turned to face Xander directly, a single swooped brow arched imperiously. What she lacked in height she made up for in professional confidence and a wisdom that came with age.

"I am Lt. T'Prina, if you were not aware. I do not need a similar introduction, Ensign Dorset. I was informed of your arrival prior. According to current Starfleet regulations, new transfers are not to be added to duty rotation for two to three days while they adjust to new surroundings." Her lips pursed, showing an unvoiced disagreement with the rule, before she continued. "However you are welcome to acquaint yourself with the laboratories and equipment, provided you follow standard procedure. Lockers are provided for personal items, so as they are not hazardously left in the middle of the floor."

It looked as though T'Prina was going to add more before being rushed by a pinkish purplish blur that had materialized in the lab. The blur was revealed to be a small girl, with long straight brown hair and big dark eyes. Her hair was pulled up in a ponytail held by a large floppy pink bow and she appeared to be wrapped from head to toe in pastel lavender bandages. A stylishly shredded pink skirt completed the ensemble.

"Mama Prina, it is time for Tricks or Treats. Where is your costume? This is my first Halloween and we cannot be late for candy and parties!"

The little girl released her grip on T'Prina's waist and assumed an obstinate pose, hands on her hips and one tiny foot tapping as she awaited an explanation.

"We will not be late, Little One. There is plenty of time to attend the festivities." She lightly patted the girl's head and looked back to Xander. "You are also free to attend any of the planned holiday events, if you so please. I realize some humans enjoy these frivolities." Her voice held the cool condescension typical to most Vulcans, but the tone was softened by her almost gentle demeanor towards the strange child.

[Science Department]

The Vulcan's cold reception hardly even registered in Alexander's mind. He had already begun walking amidst the equipment, taking stock of what he would have to work with. So far, nothing appeared to be too dreadfully archaic, although the spectrometer was in need of an update Then again it's just a spectrometer; you can get away with that being sub-par... This might not be too bad... Cranky Vulcan aside.

He addressed T'Prina over his shoulder as he continued inspecting everything. (Not touching anything, mind you, that would be rude. Lab manners need to be upheld). "I know who you are, Lieutenant. I checked to make sure I'd be working with someone competent before I even got on the shuttle over here." He spoke with the unworried air of someone not used to dealing with social pleasantries, which had the unfortunate side effect of making most of what came out of his mouth seem like an insult.

He moved towards the incubation racks as he continued speaking to the other scientist. "That won't be here when I'm working, don't worry." He flippantly waved towards his bag, where it still sat in the middle of the floor. "But as for right now, I'd hardly venture so far as to call its position 'hazardous.'" He shot a rakish grin over his shoulder before leaning close to examine the labels on the racks. "Vibrio vulnificus, Klebsiella, Clostridium, Streptococcus, Aeromonas hydrophila - you're studying necrotizing fasciitis? Flesh-eating disease?" Now it was Xander's turn to raise an eyebrow.

It was then that the small, pink tornado stormed into the room and latched onto the Vulcan... And didn't exactly make her smile, per say, but definitely softened her prickly cactus personality a little bit. "Your daughter, I presume? Might want to be careful. Those loose bandages could be... 'hazardous.'" Turning to the little girl, however, he remembered at least some semblance of politeness and commented, "Although you're a very pretty hazard. Very pink. And purple. Spooky and fashionable, I'm sure."

He offered the young girl a grin, then walked over to his bag. "Seeing as stick-in-the-mud-Starfleet won't let me be here unsupervised for a few days yet, why don't you, 'Mama 'Prina,' and I all go to Halloween together? I'll even toss a costume on for ya." He winked as he slung his bag over his shoulder. For someone wholly lacking in people skills, Xander always seemed to do better with children... Probably because most of his insults - both intentional and not - went right over their short heads. Plus they were usually cute when they weren't snotty, so that made them a little less annoying.

"Impossible is nothing

Thomas Jett

[Jett's Quarters]

Jett looked at the distance as he wondered the meaning of Halloween.  Festivities which were created to remember the dead. However, can you mourn people that you know have not passed away? Jett looked at the window as he remembered why he hated this holiday.  The Children remembered him of not having them himself.  He always postponed it for his career which ended abruptly.

He also remembered that Anna was not there with him.  He also remembered that for years he had not found the answer to what happened to Anna.  He grabbed his Jacket and walked out into the Station.

[Puzzle's]

After walking a couple of minutes in the Station, Jett walked into a familiar establishment.  He has not been in the establishment for a while.  He was wearing his regular civilian outfit as he walked into the edge of the bar.

He looked at the Bartender and said "Double Shot of Wiskey, neat".  He then looked down as he felt a sharp pain in his heart.  For once he had nothing to do, nothing to give his life meaning.   He needed to find the next thing to see if it would kill him.

Leanna Mazal

[Puzzles]

With Jenna and Molly joining their small group it wasn't difficult for Leanna to pick up on the love that they had for one another and their shared happiness almost enveloped the young Betazoid and it only added to how she felt at that moment being with the people that mattered most to her. Knowing Jenna wouldn't be able to resist her suggestion of getting up to play, however when she asked Knox to join her she thought it was perfect and her cheer was possibly the loudest in the room when they both got onto the stage and of course Leanna had thought of everything when it came to the piano.

The band moved to one side so they could partake in the food and take a break all of them big fans of Jenna. However when Jenna began to play and Knox started to sing a chill ran through a spine when she realised they were singing her favourite version of that song and she couldn't help but shed a little tear wondering how they knew or maybe it was just a lucky coincidence. Either reason she loved it and was soon singing and dancing along to it with Seamus and Ariana and getting Molly to join in.

Getting caught up in the whole moment and atmosphere, enjoying every second of their performance until it came to an end and again she cheered and clapped loudly, all in support and appreciation for what her friends had done. Then when Jenna then thanked her and wanted the crowd to give it up for Leanna, she actually blushed before waving it off with a huge smile on her face. Although at the same time hoped that they wouldn't try to get her up there with them.

[Bar]

Maggie dressed in full witch makeup and costume had still managed to catch most of the performance whilst serving their thirsty customers along with a couple of the others and recognised Jett as soon as he approached the bar and ordered a double neat whiskey.

" Here we go one double whiskey neat" she said after pouring the measure into a glass and placed it in front of him. " Is there anything else I can get for you?".

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on October 03, 2017, 10:03:14 AM

Upper Promenade
Dan turned immediately to the Cadet, nodding slightly replying "Likewise Cadet, welcome to the base." His attention then turned back to Captain Adeyemi who continued on with what he needed to talk to Howell about. Before the Captain had even finished his sentence, as soon as a Vice Admiral was mentioned, he knew exactly what it would be about. Allowing him to finish, Dan then replied "Aye Captain, I've already got a report ready for them, have you any idea when I can expect to be contacted?" Howell hadn't had particularly good run ins with Admiralty in the past so he always wanted to know when he could roughly expect a visit, he hated being caught out.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Jenna McKinson

[ Puzzles ]

Jenna smiled as the crowd cheered her and Knox on. Knox bowed and kindly left the stage. The boys of the band Divine Temptation came back up and began to set up the stage behind Jenna. There was a silent nod between Jenna and the group, Jenna kept both mics with her and put the second one in her empty hand. The spotlight shone on her for the moment to hide what the guys were doing behind her.

"Let's give it up for the wonderful SO everyone," she said. At that moment everyone clapped. "So uh this next song that is going to be played is going to need a little bit of help. You see the boys of Divine Temptation were willing to help, but there is someone special I would love to sing with next. I am also not taking no for an answer." Jenna then pointed to Molly and motioned her up onto the stage.

The lights dimmed after Molly came onto the stage. Molly whispered to Jenna asking which song they were performing. Molly immediately smirked when she heard it and playfully put Jenna's hat on her head. The lights continued to stay dim, strings began to play. When the band began to play, the lights came on and the stage began to come back into view.

"There's no sense, the first burns, When wisdom fail, it changes all. The wheel embodies all that keeps on turning," Jenna sang. Here and Molly moved to separate parts of the stage at the beginning of the song.

"Blood red skies, I feel so cold. No innocence, we play our roll. The wheel embodies all. Where are we going?" Molly sang perfectly timed to when Jenna finished her verse.  Molly followed with her verse. Normally she would be content with backup vocals while Jenna played. She really stepped up to sing along with her.

"What about us? Isn't it enough? No we're not in paradise. This is who we are. This is what we've done. No it's not our paradise. But it's all we want. It's all that we're fighting for. Thought it's not Paradise

The two ladies sang in perfect unison. Their energies fed off one another as they worked the stage. As the song neared its end Jenna called to the crowd to sing along. She led the beginning stanza and had the crowd singing What about us isn't it enough?"

As the song ended, Jenna and Molly bowed. Jenna then grabbed her guitar and began to strum the beginning of Molly's favorite old earth Within Temptation song, Covered By Roses". Without any time to realize what was happening, Molly began to sing the opening part of it with all her might.

"I feel my heart explode to particles. Love is always here and I told you so. Restless in dreams, loved carved in stone;The rhapsody of life in a way, I guess, we all know it," Molly sang.

As the chorus kicked in Molly motioned for the crowd to jump along to which they did. Molly worked the stage much like Jenna would. They stood back to back as the bridge kicked in. As the spoken words began to play. She nodded to the crowd to get ready to jump again.

"We all have our place in time. Need to live every moment," Molly sang finishing the song. Jenna along with the crowd clapped for her. Though she was used to the stage, she blushed as this was her first time in the spotlight. She then bowed and Jenna walked over to bow with her.

"The wonderful Molly everyone. She's one of the best bass players and girlfriends a woman could ask for," Jenna began as Molly playfully shook her head and grabbed her bass from the stack of guitars."Now, before I hand things off to these strapping gentlemen behind us, there is one other person I want to bring on stage. She might kill me later, but I think she should be up here. Leanna come on down," Jenna said with her trademark devilish smile.

Michael J. Tritter

[Location: Promenande,  Main Security]

The kids had decided that they wanted to go elsewhere and see new people, which judging by the crowd that was filtering in, he was definitely onboard with that. Tritter than shifted his gaze towards Ryan, he than asked "Ready?" The other man nodded, each of them than got up and the family made their way out. The crowd was getting a bit seedy for kids anyways.

The family would than make their ways through a few other establishments before it was time for them to head back. As Tritter had been assigned to work Security overnight as they were short staffed, and truth be told, he actually appreciated the assignment, although night shift was not his thing, he was used to the odd schedule and could make it work.

At about 2000 hours, he would go back with his family to their quarters. He would proceed to help the kids get situated, after that, he would proceed to shower up and getting ready for work. He would than get changed into a fresh uniform, he would than give each kid a hug and kiss, followed by his Husband before he would head out to work.

As soon as he exited his quarters, his demeanor instantly changed, gone was the demeanor of the loving and devoted Father/Husband, the assertive and dominant type personality traditionally associated with the Executive Officer had returned. He had made his way towards Main Security, where his assignment would begin for the night. He was definitely dressed the part, even with a phaser pistol already at his right thigh. He would make his way into the Main Security area, he instantly felt comfortable here, he had been in this place many times and this type of work is what he knew best.

The Executive Officer's presence made the room go silent, he than looked about the area, delivered a quick "Carry on" directive, and took a seat at the end of a row. There was an odd comfort the man had in attending the briefing, he had attended many of them over both his Law Enforcement and Starfleet careers, it was something that he was used to and it was "home" to him if you will, at least job wise, that will never be taken from him.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on October 04, 2017, 10:33:29 PM

[ Puzzles ]

"Now, before I hand things off to these strapping gentlemen behind us, there is one other person I want to bring on stage. She might kill me later, but I think she should be up here. Leanna come on down," Jenna said with her trademark devilish smile.

[Puzzles]

Leanna continued to clap and cheer as Knox left the stage noticing the boys from Divine Temptation go back up and smiled when she realised that Jenna was going to stay up on stage a bit longer and sing with the band. Then when she asked Molly to go up she thought it was another brilliant idea even more so as they launched into some of her favourite songs and immediately began dancing along to them.

During the second song Ariana started to get fussy and Leanna began to soothe her until her mum arrived to take her back to their quarters insisting that Leanna stay and enjoy herself. " Thanks mum" she said kissing her daughter lightly on the forehead before handing her over. She then turned back to the stage just in time to hear Jenna call her up and shook her head knowing that someone must of told her and looked at Seamus who had a huge grin on his face.

"Go on Lea, you know you want too and besides how can you say no to Jenna"He said and he was right she couldn't. " Okay you got me " She replied admitting defeat and made her up to the stage feeling a little out of place but then again it had been some time since she was last up here.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.