News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

POTM September 2017 - Tekin Nevir

Started by Kirok, September 30, 2017, 09:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

Task Force 10ers,

What a fun month it has been at Shadow Fleet.

We had a lot of people return and some new players too who ultimately helped us to fill up a lot of the open spots on our SIMMS.

And I think we had some fun missions to boot!

Out winner of the POTM this month comes from a mission in which the Discovery is called to give aid to Liberated Borg.

This was met with a log of interpersonal conflict because we all believe the Borg to be our worst enemy.  And Nevir was one of the most vocal about this conflict.  But when he was faced with the facts, he had a change of heart and wrote the POTM!

Here it is:

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on September 26, 2017, 02:00:11 PM

[Planetside]

With the threat identified and realistically discredited, Nevir followed the Borg into the hospital.  The site was... it almost made him gag.  Not because they were Borq, but because the aura of death seemed to hand in the air.  He almost didn't want to admit it, but they were dealing with a group of individuals who were on their last legs, and despite the history between the Federation and the Borg... they were a warp capable species in need.

"The nanites... they are losing power and dying... and taking the body's biological functions with them.." he said, finally realizing where the feel of death was coming from.  The information was right in front of him.  Dying Borg, non-functional alcoves, and no supplies.

"G'no, were you trying to regain biologic control of your bodies?" he asked, hoping to press more information as he eyes went to the set of three.  They were in front of a screen and completely frozen... or non-existant.  Nevir moved closer, and stopped.  They were the three that used the comm to communicate.

"How did... wait, you said Romulans stole your vessels?" he said, now slightly alarmed.  He heard Kimball from behind him calling that they needed more people, and Nevir had to admit, he was right.  This was more more than an away team could handle.  What's more, Romulans didn't normally take things and run.  If they stole a sphere or a cube, they were a greater threat.

"Ainsley, help me with the statues.  That's the comm screen that they used, I need to talk to Discovery." he said, as they moved the statues out of the way, leaving the screen clear.  Nevir wasted no time, hailing the ship.  Once they answered, he wasted no time.

=/\= "Admiral, we've got at least a hundred former drones down here.  Their implants are failing, and their biological systems aren't engaging.  We need more staff, medical and engineering.  These Borg do not have much time left.  Also, be advised that there are regular raiding parties from a nearby planet; they may try to raid the Discovery.  Lastly, and most concerning, the Romulans were here.  They took the remaining ships and fled.  These are liberated drones, the Romulans are not likely to be assimilated into a collective.  They may be a larger threat than before."  =/\=

Please help me to congratulate Tekin on this fine piece of work!

Sincerely,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Katheryn Brighton

Academy Commandant

Alexander Wu

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Julia Rellek

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Bonnie Moors

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Dylan Torngate

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Naira

Kinley Garrison

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Jettis Jyur

Kyle Briggs

Lena Atwood

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.ââ,¬â€ Leonardo Da Vinci

Sir Lena of House Atwood, Grand Marshall of Hospitality

Tekin Nevir

Thanks all.. I honestly did not expect this.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.