Author Topic: S2 M3: The Okekai  (Read 42711 times)

Offline Jada

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • #greenlivesmatter
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S2 M3: The Okekai
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2017, 02:49:44 am »
[Ten Forward]

Jada discreetly rolled her eyes. Comm-blocked again. 'Sounds important. Enjoy your first job, lieutenant.'

With Solluk leaving again, Jada continued onto the table with the other officers, Kintiss, K'lizh, and the new ensign. Despite her ribbing at Solluk for joining the officer class, she realised she too was now moving in different circles, now she was Chief of Security. She better get to know her fellow as a department heads better. She'd met Dr Kintiss often for treatment, usually of cuts, bruises, breaks, and such. She didn't know Commander K'lizh well, even if she had drawn him nude in art class.

'May I join you?' she addressed the table.

Dr Waters's files would probably list her as Snr CPO Jada Nozama, Acting Chief of Security/Tactical, Orion, female, with high potential for PTSD, reluctance to seek counselling, and about an acre of notes on social protocols and best guesses at Orion psychology.
Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Offline Julia Rellek

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • "There's coffee in the nebula!" - Janeway
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2017, 02:58:07 am »
[Ready Room]
Kyle accepted the PADD and began scanning over it as she continued to talk. It was very intriguing and different form anything he had ever done before.

"Well. Room won't be an issue, Captain. The Runabout is bigger than the Type 9 so we can send as many people as you want. The space for equipment and modifications is there as well. I don't see anything here that we can't replicate and modify to make it work. With your permission, I'd like to get started right away." he said. "It may take a day maybe 2 and we're already arriving. I'm sure you'll want to get started right away."

The Captain dismissed him to get his teams started. He slapped his comm badge after exiting the Ready Room. He new exactly who he needed in this one.

=/\=Lieutenant Solluck. This is Commander Briggs. Meet me Engineering right away.=/\=

[Engineering]

A few moments later he entered Engineering and went straight to one of the wall consoles so he could bring up the schematics in a bigger image. He knew Solluck would be there shortly.

[Ready Room]

=/\= "Rellek to Rylu, I have conferred with Commander Briggs. Please begin loading your supplies aboard the Tigris and his team will begin modifications shortly." =/\=

As Kyle left the room Julia paused. "Oh and Commander... Welcome aboard." She added with a smile as he stepped out of the ready room. Julia followed closely behind and returned to the bridge.

[Bridge]

Julia took a special note of the fascination that Ian seemed to have with the center seat. "Lieutenant." She said as she returned to the bridge. "The chair suits you. But if you dont mind I'll be taking it back, for now. Who knows, maybe you'll get another chance soon. In the meantime... Can you please hail the King for me. The necessary channel should be noted in the preliminary information Starfleet sent us." She ordered as she stepped to the center of the bridge.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Offline James H. Hawk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2017, 03:27:39 am »
[NPC Post - Okekai Orbital Control Officer]

The Okekai Orbital Control answered the hail from the Tempest. They had been expecting a visiting ship from the Federation and once they had confirmed the identity of the ship above they responded.

=/\= This is Okekai Orbital Control, you are cleared to send your people down. Please have your shuttles follow the flight path we are sending you now. Do not deviate from it. His Majesty is expecting you. =/\=

Offline Ian Galloway

• Site Administrators
  • Amazing Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2017, 11:32:39 am »
[Bridge]

Julia took a special note of the fascination that Ian seemed to have with the center seat. "Lieutenant." She said as she returned to the bridge. "The chair suits you. But if you dont mind I'll be taking it back, for now. Who knows, maybe you'll get another chance soon. In the meantime... Can you please hail the King for me. The necessary channel should be noted in the preliminary information Starfleet sent us." She ordered as she stepped to the center of the bridge.

Ian smiled as he relinquished the captain's seat and took his post at the conn.

"Aye Ma'am, just keepin' it ready fer you. Not quite my time yet, but one day."

As he sat, he heard the response from the Okekai and frowned.

"They don't quite seem as friendly as they let on."

Kyle Briggs

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2017, 02:14:09 pm »
[Engineering]

Shortly thereafter, Solluk strode into Engineering and sidled up next to Commander Briggs, whose eyes were upon the largest displays, viewing a rather remarkable schematic. 

"Adjusted Structural Integrity fields, additional structural braces along key points in the hull, new hydraulic pumps in a revised airlock system, the addition of hybrid fuel regulators and hydro-magnetic nozzles for the reaction-control-thrusters... I had wondered how we were getting to the underwater domains of the planet." 

He glanced to the Commander, "Have I mentioned that I recently rebuilt a Type Six shuttle from the ground up in order to keep my skillset honed?"

He clearly wanted the assignment of helping to modify one of the Tempest's craft for aquatic operations.[/size]

"Pretty interesting, huh?" Kyle said absently. "It's really got me intrigued." He stood there quietly for a few seconds. "From the ground up?" he asked. "That's impressive. And it will be handy. These records say it took them two days to convert the shuttle. We need it done within four hours and from the Personnel files I read and the leadership of the two of us, I believe we have the staff to do it." He added. "Let's get a team together and get it going, Lieutenant."

[Shuttle bay, Three hours and twenty seven minutes later]

Kyle stood before his team with Lieutenant Solluck at his side.

"Outstanding work everyone. This is the kind of thing that makes you the best in Starfleet. I'll be sure to let the Captain know how hard all of you worked to make this happen. Dismissed." He watched as they all filed out of the room before turning to Solluck. "Mister Solluck. If the Captain decides to take someone from Engineering down with them, I'd like to recommend you if you're willing. This wouldn't have gotten completed on time without your assistance and leadership and letting you go with the Away Team is the least I can do as a reward."

He listened to the reply before tapping his comm badge.

=/\=Briggs to Bridge. Captain. Your submarine awaits.=/\=

Offline Julia Rellek

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • "There's coffee in the nebula!" - Janeway
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2017, 04:35:24 pm »
[NPC Post - Okekai Orbital Control Officer]

The Okekai Orbital Control answered the hail from the Tempest. They had been expecting a visiting ship from the Federation and once they had confirmed the identity of the ship above they responded.

=/\= This is Okekai Orbital Control, you are cleared to send your people down. Please have your shuttles follow the flight path we are sending you now. Do not deviate from it. His Majesty is expecting you. =/\=

[Bridge]

=/\= "Acknowledged, thank you orbital control." =/\=

Julia stood up. "Lieutenant Galloway you're with me. We can stop by our quarters and change on the way."

=/\= Commanders Hawk, Briggs and K'Lizh, Chief Jada please report to the Euphrates for diplomatic duty in your dress uniform. =/\=

=/\= Dr. Kintiss, can you please report to the Bridge and take command. =/\=

"Lieutenant Parks, you have the Bridge until the Doctor arrives."

[Shuttlebay]

Julia arrived in the shuttlebay and immediately saw Naga preppiing the Tigris for their underwater mission. "Chief!" Julia said with a smile. We've been invited to the planet for a small reception. While we're gone I was you to lead efforts to prep for our mission planet side. Lieutenant Kintiss is in Command if you need anything. I would also recommend reaching out to Lieutenant Solluk. He can help you load supplies and finish any last minute touches on the Tigris. I think it's going to be You, Ian, Myself and your team. We should return within a few hours." Julia said.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Offline Ian Galloway

• Site Administrators
  • Amazing Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2017, 05:57:26 pm »
[Bridge]

Julia stood up. "Lieutenant Galloway you're with me. We can stop by our quarters and change on the way."

=/\= Commanders Hawk, Briggs and K'Lizh, Chief Jada please report to the Euphrates for diplomatic duty in your dress uniform. =/\=

[Shuttlebay]

Julia arrived in the shuttlebay and immediately saw Naga preppiing the Tigris for their underwater mission. "Chief!" Julia said with a smile. We've been invited to the planet for a small reception. While we're gone I was you to lead efforts to prep for our mission planet side. Lieutenant Kintiss is in Command if you need anything. I would also recommend reaching out to Lieutenant Solluk. He can help you load supplies and finish any last minute touches on the Tigris. I think it's going to be You, Ian, Myself and your team. We should return within a few hours." Julia said.

[Bridge]

"Aye Ma'am."

Ian rose and was relieved by one of the flight officers. He joined the captain in the turbolift and rode to crew quarters. He jogged to his quarters and quickly switched to his dress uniform selected for the mission. He looked at the half pip, so recently added that he still hadn't stopped calling himself lieutenant, but in a moment of pride he thought.

"Have ta admit, I do look rather rakish and as a bloody lieutenant commander no less. Best a Galloway has done in 100 years. Center seat isn't all that far away now. Just keep doin' what yer doin' Ian lad and Gaffer will have summat ta think about."

He exited his quarters and took the turbolift to the hanger bay.

[Hanger Bay]

He entered the hanger bay and could only see a few minor external changes to the Tigris. He knew that the core of the aqua modifications were to internal systems as he had followed Naga's specifications closely. He however, headed for the Euphrates

"Glad we're doin' this about the Euphrates, as it would seem almost like tresspassin' goin' aboard the Tigris without Solluk around."

He said quietly as he entered the runabout, took a seat at the conn station and began familiarizing himself with the ship's systems. He was fully qualified as a runabout pilot, but he hadn't logged time in one for awhile and he wasn't about to look foolish in front of the captain.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 06:55:45 pm by Ian Galloway »

Offline Naga Rylu

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2017, 06:54:44 pm »
[Ready Room]

=/\= "Rellek to Rylu, I have conferred with Commander Briggs. Please begin loading your supplies aboard the Tigris and his team will begin modifications shortly." =/\=

As Kyle left the room Julia paused. "Oh and Commander... Welcome aboard." She added with a smile as he stepped out of the ready room. Julia followed closely behind and returned to the bridge.

[Bridge]

[Shuttlebay]

=/\= Aye, Captain. =/\= she replied, glancing over at the doors as she saw two familiar heads guiding a large crate in on a hovercart. 

"- I'm serious, if you call me Milady one more time-"  Dewinter was saying to Franklin, pale eyes narrowed. 

"Hey Chief!"  Franklin said cheerfully, saluting the Gorn woman.  "The pod's in light sleep status now, and ready for decanting upon arrival." 

Naga nodded.  "Good.  And the hydrophone atatchments to the underwater gear?" 

"We'll need a little help from engineering to make sure it syncs up right to the translators, but they look good."  DeWinter said with a small huff of annoyance, shoving a hand through her hair. 

"Good.  You two will be accompanying me on this mission."  She tapped their shoulders awkwardly with her claws.  "I'm looking forward to seeing your growth."

They both looked a bit surprised.  She thought, at least.  Human expressions were weird.  "Thank you, Chief Rylu."  DeWinter said, seeming a little awkward. 

Franklin rubbed the back of his neck, but was grinning.  "No pressure, right?  We won't let you down."

She nodded and stepped back.  "Please take the cargo into the Tigris and get it secured.  I will go back and retrieve the rest of the gear.

Three and some-odd hours later, everything was safely stowed or being gone over on board the shuttle.  Naga was crouching next to the entrance, fiddling with her hydrophone attatchment.  She could usually hear just fine underwater, but taking into accoumt the additional language barrier, it was better to be safe than sorry.  And she still needed to breathe, besides.  Good swimmer, yes.  Water breather, no.

[Bridge]

[Shuttlebay]

The Captain showed up so suddenly that she gave a small grunt of surprise as she stood at attention quickly-

CLANG!

And she immediately dropped her head to rub it with her hands, spines flat against her skull and neck.  Well, that was spectacularly embarrassing.  It was just a dull pain, thankfully.  "... apologies, Captain."  She said once the initial pain dulled.  "We are mostly finished loading things up.  I will follow your advice on reaching out to the Lieutenant."  He was a very interesting Vulcan.  "I wish you well, Captain."
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 06:58:04 pm by Naga Rylu »

Kyle Briggs

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2017, 07:04:57 pm »
[Bridge]

[Shuttlebay]

[Shuttlebay]

Kyle was headed out the door when the call came.

"Ah man. Not the damn monkey suit." he groaned. "Okay. I'm gonna go change. Stay here and get with..." he paused to think about who the CO didn't call for the Diplomatic envoy. "probably Chief Rylu. See if there's anything else he needs help with getting this thing ready. And don't worry. I'll talk to the Captain about getting you involved down there." he said to Solluck.

He left and headed for his quarters. "Deck Two." he said before remembering that they had moved from the Senior Officers quarters to the Residential quarters. "Lift. Halt. Deck Seven." he corrected. The lift began moving once more and stopped where he needed to be. He quickly changed and started making his way back to the shuttle bay. He entered to find the CO already there and waiting the arrival of everyone else.

"Commander Briggs reporting, Captain." he said as he approached.

Offline Klizh

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • #MeowToo
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2017, 07:46:11 pm »
[Bridge]

[Shuttlebay]

K'lizh was just about to welcome the chief of security to their table when the captain's awaited call came in. He tapped his commbadge.
 =/\=K'lizh here Captain. Acknowledged, I will be down as soon as possible. =/\=
He chugged down the last of his soup before stating his goodbyes to his fellow department heads and returning to his quarters.

Shuttlebay

K'lizh fidgeted inside his dress jacket as he emerged into the shuttlebay, feeling mildly choked by the stiff collar. He hadn't actually worn this since the Academy. At least his legs weren't as compressed, as he had chosen to eschew the pants for the kilt version optional for Caitians and other species that culturally preferred such things over pants. Though who knew what havoc this planet's humidity would wreak on his fur, so time would tell if his decision would prove to be a mistake. In his haste to dress, he had forgotten to include the black pip that marked him as a Lieutenant Commander.

"Captain,"
he greeted as he came up beside her, hooking his hands behind his back and trying not to let his tail betray his nervousness. "Ready for a swim?"

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Offline Jada

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • #greenlivesmatter
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2017, 11:41:31 pm »
[Ten Forward]

'May I join you?' she addressed the table.

"=/\= Commanders Hawk, Briggs and K'Lizh, Chief Jada please report to the Euphrates for diplomatic duty in your dress uniform."=/\=

Jada sighed; so much for socialising. She tapped her combadge, replying curtly =/\='Acknowledged.'=/\= and gave her apologies to Dr Waters and Kintiss; K'lizh would be moving too. 'Never mind then. Excuse me.' Jada departed, drinking her raktajino on the way back to her quarters. Dress uniform? So, no bikini there. She wondered how many of her squad she needed to kill...

[Quarters]

The hardest part was actually finding a dress uniform. Jada had been a lowly enlisted girl with no need to attend classy diplomatic functions, except to provide security, and hence didn't own one of the fancy jackets, shirts, and trousers. Now, she was still enlisted, proudly, but was high-placed enough to be invited to these bunfights. Okay, she was still providing security, just more discreetly. So, she had to descend to Stores to find an enlisted dress uniform in her size.

Dressing, she reflected on the worlds she'd moved through and how her "skins" had changed. From life in the deep jungle and little more than a loin cloth and hides, to life aboard a starship and the regimented uniform required, to a high-class function and a flash suit, she was certainly moving up in the universe. The other officers might be complaining or uncomfortable, but like any Orion she enjoyed this chance to dress up and show off some bling. She looked good.

[Shuttlebay]

Jada arrived in the Shuttlebay in her crisp dress uniform, a muted grey on grey for the enlisted rather than the brilliant white of the officers, with white and yellow trim, Starfleet combadge, and her rank insignia not forgotten. She'd also added her bling to it, of course, personalising her look and making it her own. Over her combadge was a gold badge showing the insignia of the Nozama clan, a stylised, maze-like depiction of an insect like a caterpillar, or a butterfly, or a caterpillar metamorphosing into a butterfly, with a deadly sting in any case. She had a necklace of vicious-looking animal fangs. Sheathed at her hip was an ornate knife with a curved blade (a fashion accessory, really) and phaser (that too); Jada had foregone her sword as being a bit much. Jada looked like a very well-dressed barbarian.

Rather than go to the Euphrates right off, Jada approached the Tigris, her trusty steed, veteran of many battles, now mutated and altered subtly. 'What did you do to my ship?' she demanded of Solluk, seemingly appalled.

Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Offline Solluk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Three year award Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2017, 01:11:16 am »
[Main Shuttlebay]

Solluk displayed a small smile at the praise from Commander Briggs.  If the Commander was planning to recommend him for an away-team assignment, then he had truly succeeded in making a good first impression.   Of course, the exact needs of this mission were hard to gauge.  Diplomacy might matter more than technical skill, and if that was the case a Chief Engineer would warrant inclusion more than his second.

Sure enough, the Commander was immediately summoned by the Captain.  He nodded politely as the man took his leave, passing Solluk instructions to make a rendezvous with Rylu, the ship's accomplished science officer.  Rylu had taken lead on many aspects of the mission so far, so checking on her technical needs was paramount. 

He had seen the tall Gorn on multiple occasions, though he had never had occasion to spend very much time in her company.  The rumor on the ship was that she was sharper than a mono-molecular blade.  Solluk thought she might also be a mother, as he had recollection of seeing a Gorn child in her company nearly a year ago.

And speaking of blades... here was Jada.   It occurred to Solluk that if anyone ever wished to part Jada from her knives, they would need a surgeon to accomplish the feat.   Still, despite the weapon, she looked crisp and clean and as civilized as he'd ever seen.   His smile broadened when he saw her, until she grumped about the Tigris.

"Surely you don't want her to drown," he said of the runabout, "There is a surprising amount of preparation needed for a spacecraft to function properly in an aquatic environment."

He eyed her briefly, adding, "You look very good, by the way."

Taking a deep breath, he leaned close to her, "I'm sorry about my presumptions earlier, about our..."  He frowned, not sure how to proceed.   "I've never even openly discussed with you about whether you'd like to see our friendship evolve... into something more."

Noting that Petty Officer Rylu was nearby, he nodded towards her, "I have to see if she needs anything, but I do hope we can talk soon.  I hope..." 

What did he hope?

"For a great many things."

He paused for a moment to see if Jada had any parting words before he broke away and approached the tall, powerful-looking humanoid lizard. 

"Sir," Solluk said, clumsily unsure how to address a Petty Officer who was also a department head.  Immediately after using the honorific, he felt he'd chosen poorly.   "Commander Briggs asked me to check with you to see if any of your equipment might need a final adjustment or calibration."

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Offline Naga Rylu

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2017, 02:14:07 am »
[Main Shuttlebay]

Solluk displayed a small smile at the praise from Commander Briggs.  If the Commander was planning to recommend him for an away-team assignment, then he had truly succeeded in making a good first impression.   Of course, the exact needs of this mission were hard to gauge.  Diplomacy might matter more than technical skill, and if that was the case a Chief Engineer would warrant inclusion more than his second.

Sure enough, the Commander was immediately summoned by the Captain.  He nodded politely as the man took his leave, passing Solluk instructions to make a rendezvous with Rylu, the ship's accomplished science officer.  Rylu had taken lead on many aspects of the mission so far, so checking on her technical needs was paramount. 

He had seen the tall Gorn on multiple occasions, though he had never had occasion to spend very much time in her company.  The rumor on the ship was that she was sharper than a mono-molecular blade.  Solluk thought she might also be a mother, as he had recollection of seeing a Gorn child in her company nearly a year ago.

And speaking of blades... here was Jada.   It occurred to Solluk that if anyone ever wished to part Jada from her knives, they would need a surgeon to accomplish the feat.   Still, despite the weapon, she looked crisp and clean and as civilized as he'd ever seen.   His smile broadened when he saw her, until she grumped about the Tigris.

"Surely you don't want her to drown," he said of the runabout, "There is a surprising amount of preparation needed for a spacecraft to function properly in an aquatic environment."

He eyed her briefly, adding, "You look very good, by the way."

Taking a deep breath, he leaned close to her, "I'm sorry about my presumptions earlier, about our..."  He frowned, not sure how to proceed.   "I've never even openly discussed with you about whether you'd like to see our friendship evolve... into something more."

Noting that Petty Officer Rylu was nearby, he nodded towards her, "I have to see if she needs anything, but I do hope we can talk soon.  I hope..." 

What did he hope?

"For a great many things."

He paused for a moment to see if Jada had any parting words before he broke away and approached the tall, powerful-looking humanoid lizard. 

"Sir," Solluk said, clumsily unsure how to address a Petty Officer who was also a department head.  Immediately after using the honorific, he felt he'd chosen poorly.   "Commander Briggs asked me to check with you to see if any of your equipment might need a final adjustment or calibration."

[In front of the Tigris.]

Naga was pleased to notice the arrival of the Vulcan Engineering Officer.  She still hadn't gotten things just right with the equipment, she had the feeling.  It would be reassuring to have them triple-checked by the Engineer.

At his words, she snorted slightly, amused, and raised one hand in the Vulcan salute by way of greeting instead of a handshake.  Solluk might be an exceptional example compared to the others of his kind, but that was no excuse for her to be rude.  "Please, call me Chief Rylu or Naga, Lieutenant Solluk."  She said, gesturing up the ramp to the inside of the Tigris, still holding her helmet in her other hand.  "I look forward to working with you today.  I'm having difficulty adjusting the hydrophone on the new equipment to my auditory range in a way that syncs with my translator, and would greatly appreciate your input."

Offline Olivia Briggs

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Family - where life begins and love never ends
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2017, 04:22:16 am »
[Ten Forward]

Olivia was in the Kitchen, her clothes and face covered in flour from where had been showing Boris how to make traditional Irish sodabread when Rita one of her other servers came rushing in carrying a PADD.

"Sorry to interrupt Boss, but a message has just come through from the Bridge for you"She said slightly panicked with the PADD in her hand.

" It's okay Rita, I'm sure everything is fine but could you read it for me please" she replied holding up her hands to show them encased in flour. Rita nodded and read out what the message contained.

"Mrs Briggs, you have been invited to join the small team that is leaving for a diplomatic reception with the royal family on the surface below, please dress formally and meet them in the Shuttlebay"Rita finished and looked at Olivia who naturally was surprised but at the same time wasn't about to ignore the invitation or turn it down especially as this would be her first ever trip to an alien planet that wasn't a resort.

" I'll leave you and Tomas in charge until I get back " Olivia said quickly taking off her apron knowing that she probably wouldn't have time to go back to her and Kyle's quarters to change and wiped her hands and face clean.

"No problem Boss"Rita replied leaving the Kitchen to return to the bar and after saying goodbye to Boris and the others walked into the small office next to the Kitchen and went up to the replicator. She soon found a suitable outfit and once it materialised changed as quickly as she could and after contacting Daycare to let them know she would be off the ship for a few hours and being reassured that everything was okay she made her way out of the bar and headed for the Shuttlebay.

[Shuttlebay]

After a relatively short turbo lift ride, Olivia stood outside the main door to the Shuttlebay suddenly feeling a little nervous about joining the away team until it swished open and she soon spotted a familiar figure near one of the shuttles. Happy that he was here especially when she realised that the Captain was amongst the group and decided that it was probably just as good a time as any to meet her properly.

Walking over she tried to calm her nerves but then again Kyle always had a calming influence over her and stopped in front of them and smiled " Captain, Commander " she said calling her husband by his official title then continued " Mrs Briggs reporting as requested".

Offline Isabella Waters

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2017, 05:39:27 am »
[Mess Hall]

Before Izzy could even answer Jada, everyone around her was called away. She scowled slightly and drummed her fingers along the table. Unsurprisingly, she was a very sociable person and quite liked having the company. Now she was alone again. At the very least, she knew something about the first two people, but she didn't even know the name of the Orion woman. Something that bothered her to no end. On top of that, now everyone except her had something to do except her.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles