Author Topic: Johannes Kentrat, Reporting 30.09.17  (Read 2179 times)

Offline Johannes Kentrat

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Johannes Kentrat, Reporting 30.09.17
« on: September 30, 2017, 04:41:28 pm »
Character Details

Character Name: Johannes Kentrat
Character Age: 23
Character DOB: October 7th, 2372

Character Image:

Character Species: Human
Character Family:
Father: Ulfric Kentrat
Mother: Ala Kentrat (deceased)

Character Bio: Johannes was born to two shipwrights in Armstrong City, a colony on Luna. Building ships take long hours in strenuous environment and ever since his birth, the both of Johannes' parents refused to see him take up the same profession. He was a quiet child, but his eyes were always moving. Big, bright and blue scanning over every inch of anything new. Unlike Ulfric, he had a sharp mind. Unlike Ala, he was confident. As he grew, it became very clear what risks Johannes was ready to make, those being few and far between. He didn't risk his safety; he knew it would give his parents trouble if he was hurt.

He found his loves in academics, partially to make it easier on him when his father hounded him about his studies. He lived most of his childhood in school, since home oftentimes was just an empty quarters. He took to history best and had a very retentive mind for names and dates, but also the very human element of history. People's emotions, motivations, psychological backgrounds, it all came naturally to him. He viewed his peers just the same, learning of them as people from a distant with that analytic stare. He read volumes upon volumes of novels and biographies. When it came to artists and composers, he studied their works, but with music it went further. He had a great fascination with instruments, but his favorite was the harp, mainly due to it's sheer amount of history and cultural significance.

The only thing that bothered him about this was...he saw no future in it. He knew he hadn't the talent to create great works of music or narrative, even though he could understand them at significant levels. He certainly did not want to instruct, not in a school; he'd had quite enough of school just about. How would he make a living? How would he contribute?

The answer came quite abruptly as a shipyard incident. His mother was conducting hull inspection when something, sources never confirmed what did, malfunctioned or was damaged with her life support. Other details came to light in the investigation: an affair, a tumultuous marriage, perhaps even a jilted lover or even husband. Maybe it was just an accident. No conclusion was ever reached, and that sickened him. For once in his life, he felt furious about something. For once, he was unable to understand. It was then that he decided it was time for a change.  The solution, the answer, would not be found here at Luna. It would be off, in Starfleet. He could use the vigor he felt to bring his understandings to the fleet and maybe make up for his years of indecision. 

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing ExperienceDepartment Preference: Operations (within JAG Corps)

Secondary Department Preference: Sciences (within Archaeology and Anthropology)

Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned for both.

Sample post:
"You could go to school here, son"

Johannes didn't have the air to spare for his dear old dad. He'd already been up since early morning packing things up. By the time his father had come home, earlier than expected, almost the entirety of his room had been packed. Two pieces of somewhat large matching luggage and a wall lined with storage crates. Johannes stood there, facing the broken man in his doorway, but couldn't bear to look at him. Arms stringy and worn, eyes nothing but restlessness. Johannes had wanted to have been gone already, at least not home by the time Ulfric got back.

"I can't, Dad. I can't stay here, and you know that."

They didn't want to acknowledge it, but they had to. They didn't speak much before simply because of their schedules but now...now there had been active avoidance. Ulfric had a sizable amount left to him with Ala's passing, but he took extra hours anyway. Johannes didn't even attend school anymore, but he stayed locked in his room. Literally locked and he refused to share the same space with his father.

"I didn't do it, son."

"How would I know? I see you so little that I don't know your tells when you're lying. I never saw the evidence." This time Johannes had to look at his father and there was something in the eyes now. Anger. Anger, that if he was younger, would look just like Johannes did those years ago. The young Kentrat had given the statement so succinctly and with such objectiveness that it tasted like cold conviction in his own mouth. It was the existence of the possibility that bothered him, that had made him lose trust.

He didn't say goodbye. He just took up his baggage, nudged the old man aside, and was gone almost as quickly as Ala did.

Additional information: None.

How did you find Shadow Fleet? Front page Google search.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Johannes Kentrat, Reporting 30.09.17
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 08:54:37 pm »
Mr. Kentrat,

A very good post.

The Columbus could use an extra person in their Ops Department.

Would that work for you?

Please let me know,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Johannes Kentrat

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 09:01:21 pm »
I'm prepared to go where Starfleet needs me most. I'd be honored, sir.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 10:13:32 pm »
I'm prepared to go where Starfleet needs me most. I'd be honored, sir.

Perfect!

Please report into Malcolm Adeyemi (by sending him an email) for duty.

Welcome aboard,

Kirok

PS - If you would like to do your OTC class right away let me know and I will have someone start it for you.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 10:14:19 pm »
Hiya, I'm Malcolm. Welcome to the SBC. Consider yourself reported in. Our new mission starts tomorrow. For now, head on over to the Columbus board and familiarize yourself with it and the crew.

If you're on skype or discord let le know and I will add you.

Once again, welcome!

Offline Johannes Kentrat

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 01:35:19 am »

Perfect!

Please report into Malcolm Adeyemi (by sending him an email) for duty.

Welcome aboard,

Kirok

PS - If you would like to do your OTC class right away let me know and I will have someone start it for you.

Aye sir, thank you for having me. And yes, I'd like to start my courses as soon as possible, at the instructor's earliest convenience, sir.

Offline Johannes Kentrat

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 01:36:54 am »
Hiya, I'm Malcolm. Welcome to the SBC. Consider yourself reported in. Our new mission starts tomorrow. For now, head on over to the Columbus board and familiarize yourself with it and the crew.

If you're on skype or discord let le know and I will add you.

Once again, welcome!

Thank you for the warm welcome, Captain, it'll be a pleasure to serve on the Columbus. I'll send over my contact particulars immediately, sir.

Offline Julia Rellek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • "There's coffee in the nebula!" - Janeway
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 02:10:52 am »
Aye sir, thank you for having me. And yes, I'd like to start my courses as soon as possible, at the instructor's earliest convenience, sir.

Hi there! I'm working on getting an instructor for you. I would expect an instructor to reach out to you sometime tomorrow via PM. Welcome to Shadowfleet!

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Offline Johannes Kentrat

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 02:12:55 am »
Hi there! I'm working on getting an instructor for you. I would expect an instructor to reach out to you sometime tomorrow via PM. Welcome to Shadowfleet!

I very much appreciate it, Commandant, thank you.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles