Counselor's Office (Open: See First Post)

Started by Amynta Lianez, September 19, 2017, 08:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kira Wyman

Quote from: Amynta Lianez on October 02, 2017, 04:35:58 PM

"Believe me, I understand on that front," Amynta replied with a slight laugh. Things on the Shran had certainly been interesting, from crew additions to beaming strange Romulan traitors off of exploding ships, they'd had their hands full. Still, she was glad to see that Kira seemed to be fairly positive about her start. "I'm sure that you and the other ladies on the bridge will be thick as thieves in no time. Being put together in such harrowing situations creates some of the strongest bonds, no matter what species you're working with." She smiled brightly. "You did a nice job of staying composed through all of our...adventures, too."

"I'm sure I will make some friends." Kira paused and listened to Amynta's next point, it made Kira grin. The fact that she'd stayed composed through all of their 'adventures' was easy for Kira. "I'd like to remind you, I've been around the block, this isn't my first rodeo." She paused for a moment to breathe. "I've been in much worse situations." Kira finished, standing up and walking over to the replicator. "May I get a drink? Would you like a drink?" Kira finished.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Amynta Lianez

Quote from: Kira Wyman on October 02, 2017, 05:14:17 PM

"I'm sure I will make some friends." Kira paused and listened to Amynta's next point, it made Kira grin. The fact that she'd stayed composed through all of their 'adventures' was easy for Kira. "I'd like to remind you, I've been around the block, this isn't my first rodeo." She paused for a moment to breathe. "I've been in much worse situations." Kira finished, standing up and walking over to the replicator. "May I get a drink? Would you like a drink?" Kira finished.

"Of course," Amynta replied, nodding, "I should have said; you're welcome to make yourself at home. I wouldn't mind a cup of mint tea, while you're up." She recognized the humor in being named Amynta and enjoying mint tea, and she wondered idly if Lieutenant Wyman would laugh--but far more pertinent would be to see what kind of drink she ordered for herself.

Species: Trill (Unjoined)
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."  Shakespeare (Hamlet)

Kira Wyman

Quote from: Amynta Lianez on October 02, 2017, 07:58:00 PM

"Of course," Amynta replied, nodding, "I should have said; you're welcome to make yourself at home. I wouldn't mind a cup of mint tea, while you're up." She recognized the humor in being named Amynta and enjoying mint tea, and she wondered idly if Lieutenant Wyman would laugh--but far more pertinent would be to see what kind of drink she ordered for herself.

Kira nodded and turned around she ordered the drinks and took them out of the replicator as they materialised. A cup of mint tea, and a glass of water. She walked back over to the table and placed the two drinks down. The glass of water nearer to himself, and the mint tea opposite the doctor. Kira sat back down and took a sip of the water, placing it back down and then smiling at the doctor. "Sorry for interrupting, we can continue now, if you wish." Kira finished.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Amynta Lianez

Quote from: Kira Wyman on October 03, 2017, 05:19:32 PM

Kira nodded and turned around she ordered the drinks and took them out of the replicator as they materialised. A cup of mint tea, and a glass of water. She walked back over to the table and placed the two drinks down. The glass of water nearer to himself, and the mint tea opposite the doctor. Kira sat back down and took a sip of the water, placing it back down and then smiling at the doctor. "Sorry for interrupting, we can continue now, if you wish." Kira finished.

Honestly, Amynta was surprised to see Ms. Wyman select something so simple, but it seemed to suit her personality well--and it wasn't as if most people would order anything odd while in front of a counselor, either. She had found that people's drink of choice (whether synthehol, alcohol, or neither) was a fair indicator of their personality. Mint tea and lattes seemed to be a fair descriptor of herself, as well: she was fairly average and lightly caffeinated most days.

She took a sip of her tea, shaking her head in reply to Kira's remark. "Oh, it's no trouble, honestly. I prefer that my clients be as comfortable as possible. I try to make all this as painless as possible, you know? As for continuing, though, I'd love to hear about your family, if you don't mind."

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."  Shakespeare (Hamlet)

Kira Wyman

Quote from: Amynta Lianez on October 10, 2017, 02:23:17 PM

Honestly, Amynta was surprised to see Ms. Wyman select something so simple, but it seemed to suit her personality well--and it wasn't as if most people would order anything odd while in front of a counselor, either. She had found that people's drink of choice (whether synthehol, alcohol, or neither) was a fair indicator of their personality. Mint tea and lattes seemed to be a fair descriptor of herself, as well: she was fairly average and lightly caffeinated most days.

She took a sip of her tea, shaking her head in reply to Kira's remark. "Oh, it's no trouble, honestly. I prefer that my clients be as comfortable as possible. I try to make all this as painless as possible, you know? As for continuing, though, I'd love to hear about your family, if you don't mind."

"I'd drink my native drink if it wasn't alcoholic. Not this early in the day." Kira smiled. "Scotch doesn't taste the same if it's synthetic anyway. I hold off having it unless it's real." A weak strain of her Scottish accent came through as she spoke. "I guess you didn't realise. My Scottish accent only thickens when I'm in Scotland and if i'm not there, it's fairly neutral."

"My family? It's not too big, I'm an only child." She paused for a moment, sighing slightly. "My parents are liabilities. I love them both, obviously. They were great together, but I guess they didn't think so towards the end." Kira drank some of the water. "My parents divorced last year and left me with the hassle of sorting it out. However, they agreed to give me the farm that they owned, rather than argue between it. That was a joke. I had to find someone to run it, fast. I couldn't leave intelligence, I was too busy." Kira paused for a moment as she let out a slightly larger sigh. "My distant relatives are all great, I get along with them fine. My parents became liabilities when they divorced, but they're still great. They're just harder work than they used to be." Kira finished.

Click Image to view Bio!

Amynta Lianez

Quote from: Kira Wyman on October 11, 2017, 04:30:23 PM

"I'd drink my native drink if it wasn't alcoholic. Not this early in the day." Kira smiled. "Scotch doesn't taste the same if it's synthetic anyway. I hold off having it unless it's real." A weak strain of her Scottish accent came through as she spoke. "I guess you didn't realise. My Scottish accent only thickens when I'm in Scotland and if i'm not there, it's fairly neutral."

"My family? It's not too big, I'm an only child." She paused for a moment, sighing slightly. "My parents are liabilities. I love them both, obviously. They were great together, but I guess they didn't think so towards the end." Kira drank some of the water. "My parents divorced last year and left me with the hassle of sorting it out. However, they agreed to give me the farm that they owned, rather than argue between it. That was a joke. I had to find someone to run it, fast. I couldn't leave intelligence, I was too busy." Kira paused for a moment as she let out a slightly larger sigh. "My distant relatives are all great, I get along with them fine. My parents became liabilities when they divorced, but they're still great. They're just harder work than they used to be." Kira finished.

Ah, that made more sense. She thought with a slight smile as Kira described her heritage. That seemed to fill in the missing piece that Amytna hadn't been able to place; it gave more evidence to the fiery side of Lt. Wyman, the side that the counselor wasn't seeing here. It was clear that the woman had a lot of practice being detached, and it made her wonder what she was like when she was feeling emotional. Freer with her speech, most likely, and more aggressive, maybe? Hm.

"That's an interesting word, 'liabilities,'" Amynta commented, "May I ask why you called them that?" She suspected it was a term she had picked up at work (probably from her time in intelligence) rather than at home--the word itself set a distance from her parents, but not necessarily a negative one. She didn't call them nuisances or idiots, she said they were a liability, as if they might somehow cause danger to themselves or others. It seemed almost sad, to see ones parents that way...and yet, whose parents weren't a liability, at least some of the time? Parents could be utterly infuriating, and somehow you could still care about them.

Kira Wyman

Quote from: Amynta Lianez on October 17, 2017, 10:05:04 PM

Ah, that made more sense. She thought with a slight smile as Kira described her heritage. That seemed to fill in the missing piece that Amytna hadn't been able to place; it gave more evidence to the fiery side of Lt. Wyman, the side that the counselor wasn't seeing here. It was clear that the woman had a lot of practice being detached, and it made her wonder what she was like when she was feeling emotional. Freer with her speech, most likely, and more aggressive, maybe? Hm.

"That's an interesting word, 'liabilities,'" Amynta commented, "May I ask why you called them that?" She suspected it was a term she had picked up at work (probably from her time in intelligence) rather than at home--the word itself set a distance from her parents, but not necessarily a negative one. She didn't call them nuisances or idiots, she said they were a liability, as if they might somehow cause danger to themselves or others. It seemed almost sad, to see ones parents that way...and yet, whose parents weren't a liability, at least some of the time? Parents could be utterly infuriating, and somehow you could still care about them.

"I mean that..." Kira paused for a moment, she smiled to herself and continued. "If I rephrased to they're both thorns in my side would that sound better? They've become more reliant on me and I don't have the time or patience for that. I'm surprised one of them hasn't asked to live with me on ship." Kira smiled and took a sip of the glass of water in front of her. "Sometimes they annoy me and I crack. I'm not that easy to break open, but they've become better at doing it recently. Whenever I see them they're both pains, I don't like to see them how they are. It makes me sad y'know, to see them like that." Kira finished.

Click Image to view Bio!

Amynta Lianez

Quote from: Kira Wyman on October 11, 2017, 04:30:23 PM

"My parents divorced last year and left me with the hassle of sorting it out.

Amynta recalled what Kira had said before, and adding it with what she had just explained, it became a lot clearer.
Quote from: Kira Wyman on October 18, 2017, 07:14:34 PM

"I mean that..." Kira paused for a moment, she smiled to herself and continued. "If I rephrased to they're both thorns in my side would that sound better? They've become more reliant on me and I don't have the time or patience for that. I'm surprised one of them hasn't asked to live with me on ship." Kira smiled and took a sip of the glass of water in front of her. "Sometimes they annoy me and I crack. I'm not that easy to break open, but they've become better at doing it recently. Whenever I see them they're both pains, I don't like to see them how they are. It makes me sad y'know, to see them like that." Kira finished.

No wonder her parents were making her feel a bit suffocated. They left her the farm, tried to get her to sort out their arguments, and continued trying to have her make their decisions! Amynta hadn't realized at first quite how overbearing they were continuing to be, even after the event of the divorce. That would be hard on anyone, but to put that onto their daughter while she was already undergoing a difficult transition was more than a bit unfair. Perhaps it was her parents who ought to be seeing a counselor instead...

"I can see why you'd be frustrated. You're saying that you feel like your parents are trying to reverse your roles, and have you parent them instead. You don't like to see them upset, but you don't want that responsibility." Amynta echoed back what she was hearing, both to clarify and to see if Kira heard what she was saying. Often times clients would blurt something out when venting their frustrations, and not even realize what they had said--but when they heard it echoed back to them, it sometimes struck a chord. "Do you feel like you should be responsible for them?"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.