Author Topic: Aelred Lavendry - Reporting In (5th September, 2017)  (Read 810 times)

guest1393

Aelred Lavendry - Reporting In (5th September, 2017)
« on: September 05, 2017, 04:07:26 am »
Character Details

Character Name: Aelred Lavendry
Character Age: 26
Character DOB: 24th July, 2369
Character Image: http://stavatars.com/viewer/big_viewer.php?img_dir=avatars&image=7293_bana-eric-180.png
Character Species: Human
Character Family: Alec Lavendry (father) and Mariella Lavendry (mother), both killed at their estate by a masked assailant in the year 2394. Aelred has no other siblings.
Character Bio:

Born into a family of scientists and technologists, Aelred Lavendry spent his life growing up on Earth with his parents - both of which who were retired Starfleet officers. Aelred was born with the natural desire to delve into science and technology research. Throughout his adolescence - he tried his hand at chemistry, with many of his experiments coming out as failures. Despite the failures, Aelred always found a thrill in each experiment - insofar as to develop an interest in the medical field. One day, he wants to be able to create substances that can heal people like never before.

In the year 2394, Aelred had experienced a life event that he would have never expected. He had always lived with his parents at their family estate until one day, they were both brutally murdered in a double homicide. To this day, the killer and his motivations are still unknown to Aelred, since the killer had worn a mask to conceal his identity. In an act of desperation, Aelred sold all of the family assets and estate in order to track down the murderer of his parents. After a year of searching, there was no amount of resources or scientific experimentation that could be carried out in order to find the assailant. In the end, Aelred had to give up his search, but not his life.

The year is now 2395. Having run out of money and options, Aelred was left alone with no other course of action to take. His remaining thoughts had turned to joining Starfleet as a commissioned officer, wanting to help in scientific and medical experiments, having never lost that desire.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience:

Back in 2003, I had participated in my first role play experience in Expansion Fleet, under the names James Yugiman. With over a year's worth of play and 400~ posts, I was a vital part of their ship, the USS Sequoia.
I was only 12 years old at the time, so real life took its place and I did not role play again until 2008. With my high school friends, I participated in different Myspace groups and MMORPG games that revolved around fantasy role play stories.
From 2015 to 2016, I used an app called Virtual Space to participate in many role plays with others in fantasy settings, creating and evolving several of my own characters.

Department Preference: Science
Secondary Department Preference: Medical
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned

Sample post:

Personal Log: 5th September, 2395

My name is Aelred Lavendry ... I know, I know ... weird name. The current year is 2395, and today I want to publicly address something about myself. I want to convey the world about the darkest day of my life: the murder of my parents.
I had always enjoyed every waking day, living with my parents in their estate, performing an uncountable amount of scientific experiments that could one day help out humanity - even if there were more failures than successes. I was always greeted with positivity and excitement with each day that I had awoken into. On a day in particular last year, however, I knew that when I woke up: something felt different.

There was never a lot of rain where I grew up on Earth, but that day, it rained enough to where it felt like some tidal wave was passing through. The air itself felt musty and eerie. Perhaps it one of my experiments went wrong? I thought that it was too far-fetched, but the environment itself felt strangely dark and misty, a feeling that you would have felt during adolescence.

I was sitting in the living room with my parents... it hadn't even reached noon and I felt the air constrict around me. All of a sudden, you could hear lightning above, and the front door of our estate had thrust open. I turned around to find that there was a man wearing a dark flowing cape and a mask that was made out of some strange metal. On his belt was a first generation phaser, but it had looked modified. My mother and father stood up in front of me, for my protection. They were always armed, and this day was no different. However, the masked man was quicker on the draw. He had fired his phaser, and the beam had somehow split into two - and pointed directly toward the hearts of my parents. They both collapsed without a moment's notice and had died on the spot with no final words.

Looking at the dead and cold bodies of who were once my mother and father, full of life and happiness... the masked man stood in front of me. I was able to get a good look at the architecture of his mask and phaser, and the design of his cape. I thought that he was going to kill me next, to be honest. He looked down at me and said the words "Nox Eternae" - before having been teleported out by an unknown source.

Additional information: None to report.

How did you find Shadow Fleet?: I used to play Expansion Fleet, and I learned about this site from their Facebook group. It would be amazing to play something like this again! :)

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Aelred Lavendry - Reporting In (5th September, 2017)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 07:36:55 am »
Aelred,

A very nice application.

I can put you in the Science Department on the Tempest.

Would that work for you?

Please let us know,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

guest1393

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 11:51:38 pm »
I would be honored, Kirok! If there are any exams as well, I'd love to get started!!

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 07:45:26 am »
I would be honored, Kirok! If there are any exams as well, I'd love to get started!!

Aelred,

Yes there is an exam.
I will ask for it to be set for you.

In the meantime, please report into Julia Rellek for duty by sending her an email.

And welcome to Shadow Fleet!

Sincerely,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles