S1-M8 Crackpot of the Empire

Started by T'Ra Jones, September 03, 2017, 12:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on September 16, 2017, 11:28:23 AM

[Conference room]
Ardyn straightened up in her seat. "Exactly, T'Ra. If we do pick up this defector Romulan, we should take a detour back to the base. As much as I don't like it, if this guy tries to do anything sneaky, it'll be mostly confined to the ship instead of running loose through the base. We can't risk anything until we know where his true allegiances lie." She stated to the other officers.

[Conference Room]

"I'm more concerned about any possible Romulan ships that may be after this Á¢â,¬Ëœdefector'," T'Ra told the flight officer, though Jaeger had made a valid point. No doubt their recent ordeal with the civilian research outpost was still fresh in the minds of all, when the AI program had spread to infect the Shran as well as the station itself. "Given the high security profile of this defector and the risk involved, it will be expected by Starfleet Command, and no doubt the Tal Shiar, that we proceed along the quickest route to Starbase 12. However, I believe a slight detour would be to our benefit." Not only to throw the Romulans off their scent, but to provide more time to observe the defector before reaching the starbase.

Quote from: Amynta Lianez on September 17, 2017, 07:59:41 PM

"I agree with all of that. I'd say the more we can keep him in one area, the better. However, I'm not sure we should treat him with hostility--at least not open hostility. If we can make him feel safe, chances are he'll be willing to share more information with us early on. If he lets his guard down, even a little, we'll be more likely to have the upper hand in whatever happens. Perhaps we can have some extremely secure quarters set aside for him, with limited computer access, or even some kind of monitoring system?"

T'Ra nodded, listening intently as their new counselor spoke up again. From what she had gleaned of the officer, Miss Lianez seemed to be quite competent in her field, even if she wasn't quite so sure of herself. "I agree, Miss Lianez," T'Ra replied, folding her hands together in front of her on the table to help organize her thoughts, "and if he is indeed genuine, he will no doubt expect our skepticism. Though whether or not he's genuine, open hostility will do little to help us ascertain where his motives lie."

Pushing herself to her feet, T'Ra regarded the officers present in the room. "Miss Jaeger, please prepare that alternate route, and if you can, scan the area for cloaked Romulan ships. Employ the help of Science as needed to accomplish this." Turning to Lianez, she added, "Counselor, use what time remains to prepare to receive our guest. Dismissed, everyone."

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

K-5

Quote from: Kira Wyman on September 15, 2017, 04:52:44 PM

As Kira sat at one of the tactical consoles, slowly working as she got used to the ship, a woman stopped and begun to work at one of the tactical consoles. Kira walked over to the woman, figuring that it was time for her to meet some people aboard the ship. She stopped before her and smiled. "Hi, I'm Kira, Lieutenant Kira Wyman." Kira finished.

[Bridge]

K-5 looked up from her work and smiled. She'd gotten much better at socializing since Cara had been deleted. She stuck out her hand to shake and replied, "Hello! I'm Petty Officer K-5 Soong, but everyone around here calls me Kay. Welcome o the Shran, lieutenant." She shook her hand and turned back to finish her work.

Quote from: Zex on September 16, 2017, 01:58:49 PM

[Bridge]

Zex looked up when the new Sec/Tac Officer arrived.  Finally another female to socialize with.  She got up from her station and approached.

"Hi K-5" the Deltan said to the Android.  "Hi.  I'm Zex.  Science Officer here.  Welcome to the Shran" she said politely to the new arrival.

K-5 turned and waved to the chipper tone from the deltan, and returned her greeting with a 'Hi!' of her own. Life now was better for K-5 than before. She was better at socializing and she had a special certain someone on the side. She had a friendly crew around her, and a Captain she could trust. Life was good.

Kira Wyman

Quote from: Zex on September 16, 2017, 01:58:49 PM

[Bridge]

Zex looked up when the new Sec/Tac Officer arrived.  Finally another female to socialize with.  She got up from her station and approached.

"Hi K-5" the Deltan said to the Android.  "Hi.  I'm Zex.  Science Officer here.  Welcome to the Shran" she said politely to the new arrival.

Kira turned her attention to the other woman who walked up to Kira and K-5. Kira smiled and nodded at the woman. "Nice to meet you, Zex. My name is Kira Wyman, I'm in tactical." Kira turned her attention back to the petty officer as she begun to speak.
Quote from: K-5 on September 18, 2017, 08:49:32 AM

[Bridge]

K-5 looked up from her work and smiled. She'd gotten much better at socializing since Cara had been deleted. She stuck out her hand to shake and replied, "Hello! I'm Petty Officer K-5 Soong, but everyone around here calls me Kay. Welcome o the Shran, lieutenant." She shook her hand and turned back to finish her work.

K-5 turned and waved to the chipper tone from the deltan, and returned her greeting with a 'Hi!' of her own. Life now was better for K-5 than before. She was better at socializing and she had a special certain someone on the side. She had a friendly crew around her, and a Captain she could trust. Life was good.

"It's great to meet you, Kay." Kira took the hand of the woman who turned out to be an android and shook it. As the woman greeted the science officer, Kira waited until she could add in. "Are either of you busy right now? I could use a quick tour around the ship. I've only been to tactical, my quarters and the bridge. It'd probably be helpful to know where everything else is."

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Kirok

Quote from: Kira Wyman on September 18, 2017, 06:00:07 PM

Kira turned her attention to the other woman who walked up to Kira and K-5. Kira smiled and nodded at the woman. "Nice to meet you, Zex. My name is Kira Wyman, I'm in tactical." Kira turned her attention back to the petty officer as she begun to speak.

"It's great to meet you, Kay." Kira took the hand of the woman who turned out to be an android and shook it. As the woman greeted the science officer, Kira waited until she could add in. "Are either of you busy right now? I could use a quick tour around the ship. I've only been to tactical, my quarters and the bridge. It'd probably be helpful to know where everything else is."

[Bridge]

"Nice to meet you, Kira.  I love your hair.  It's so pretty" Zex replied with a sincere smile.

"Kay would be the best person for the job" the Deltan added.  "And being from tactical, she would probably better know what to show you.  And what to pass over" she said.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Non-Playing Character 1

[Romulan Shuttle]

Colonel Seto paced uneasily, but within the confines of his shuttle, it was difficult to get more than a few steps in with each pass. A flickering amber light on his console caught his eye, and he reached down to key in a quick command. He had to suppress a groan to see the Admiral's scowling face fill the screen.

"Our sensors indicate that the USS Shran is fast approaching the nebula," the admiral began, not even wasting the time to address the Tal Shiar agent by name. "This marks the start of the next phase of the operation, and remember, we will not tolerate any blunders on your part."

Seto nodded solemnly. "Understood." As the screen went dark, and the admiral's face and voice began to fade in his mind, the colonel was left to ponder his imminent fate at the hands of an Odyssey class starship. He could only hope that the dingy appearance of his shuttle would help corroborate the lies he was about to weave. A few more quick strokes was all it took to send out a 'distress' signal.

K-5

Quote from: Zex on September 19, 2017, 08:17:26 AM

[Bridge]

"Nice to meet you, Kira.  I love your hair.  It's so pretty" Zex replied with a sincere smile.

"Kay would be the best person for the job" the Deltan added.  "And being from tactical, she would probably better know what to show you.  And what to pass over" she said.

Quote from: Kira Wyman on September 18, 2017, 06:00:07 PM

[Bridge]

K-5 smiled. What was this one again? Flattered?

"I'd be happy to show you around, just as soon as I finish this...." She paused and tapped away rapidly for a few seconds, then finished and smiled.

"There! Done. Now, let's get started. This is obviously the bridge, over there is the ready room, and captains room. Through the turbo lift is the..." She continued her tour around the ship, smiling and attempting, poorly, to add humor into the mix, until they reached operations. Then she got a notice on her Padd they were receiving a distress call and she raced back to the bridge.

She reached her station and began tapping away, then tapped her comm badge.

=/\= Captain, we are receiving a distress call. Looks like it is coming from a Romulan shuttle, possibly the one carrying our defector.=/\=

Kirok

Quote from: K-5 on September 20, 2017, 11:16:34 AM

[Bridge]

K-5 smiled. What was this one again? Flattered?

"I'd be happy to show you around, just as soon as I finish this...." She paused and tapped away rapidly for a few seconds, then finished and smiled.

"There! Done. Now, let's get started. This is obviously the bridge, over there is the ready room, and captains room. Through the turbo lift is the..." She continued her tour around the ship, smiling and attempting, poorly, to add humor into the mix, until they reached operations. Then she got a notice on her Padd they were receiving a distress call and she raced back to the bridge.

=/\= Captain, we are receiving a distress call. Looks like it is coming from a Romulan shuttle, possibly the one carrying our defector.=/\=

[Bridge]

Zex smiled at the pair of women.  Then she head to her station.  She had just settled in before he distress call came in.

She naturally looked up at the screen.  Something seeing the thing help here prioritize.  "I can run bio signatures once are in range" she called out - ready to help as needed.

Kira Wyman

Bridge

Kira also noticed the alert for the distress signal go off. "I guess the tour can wait until later." She said out loud, walking back over to one of the tactical interfaces and preparing for anything which may come their way.

She nodded in acknowledgement when Zex said she'd perform a bio signature scan once they were in range. There were a few things Kira thought they should do once the shuttle was nearby. Make sure there's only one person aboard the ship, Zex was already preparing to do that, make sure there are no other ships in the local vicinity, and check the shuttle and make sure the shuttle itself was clear. Especially if it was docking on the Shran.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: K-5 on September 20, 2017, 11:16:34 AM

[Bridge]

Then she got a notice on her Padd they were receiving a distress call and she raced back to the bridge.

[Conference Room]

One by one, the assembled group of officers began to file out and part ways for their respective departments, though T'Ra remained where she stood, silent and pensive. In any case, she preferred to wait for the crowd to disperse before following suit, and she took advantage of the time to speculate what lie ahead. "Thoughts, Captain?" she asked, tilting her head slightly as she posed the question. A tense silence began to form, but it was soon interrupted by the android's voice. "Sounds like the Á¢â,¬Ëœgame is on.'"

-Evan Buehler

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on September 18, 2017, 01:59:23 AM

[Conference Room]

"I'm more concerned about any possible Romulan ships that may be after this Á¢â,¬Ëœdefector'," T'Ra told the flight officer, though Jaeger had made a valid point. No doubt their recent ordeal with the civilian research outpost was still fresh in the minds of all, when the AI program had spread to infect the Shran as well as the station itself. "Given the high security profile of this defector and the risk involved, it will be expected by Starfleet Command, and no doubt the Tal Shiar, that we proceed along the quickest route to Starbase 12. However, I believe a slight detour would be to our benefit." Not only to throw the Romulans off their scent, but to provide more time to observe the defector before reaching the starbase.

T'Ra nodded, listening intently as their new counselor spoke up again. From what she had gleaned of the officer, Miss Lianez seemed to be quite competent in her field, even if she wasn't quite so sure of herself. "I agree, Miss Lianez," T'Ra replied, folding her hands together in front of her on the table to help organize her thoughts, "and if he is indeed genuine, he will no doubt expect our skepticism. Though whether or not he's genuine, open hostility will do little to help us ascertain where his motives lie."

Pushing herself to her feet, T'Ra regarded the officers present in the room. "Miss Jaeger, please prepare that alternate route, and if you can, scan the area for cloaked Romulan ships. Employ the help of Science as needed to accomplish this." Turning to Lianez, she added, "Counselor, use what time remains to prepare to receive our guest. Dismissed, everyone."

[Conference room -> Bridge]
Ardyn nodded curtly as she got up to go back to her station by Christian on the helm. Picking Steve off her seat, she sat down. "Alright, Murphy. Let's navigate a detour here. Point 34 by Point 265. It'll head through the nebula, so we'll have to keep an eye out for gas and space dust." She turned to the Deltan. "Hey... Zex, is it? Could you scan for any cloaked Romulan ships? Don't want any company joining our little party."

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Kirok

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on September 21, 2017, 01:01:49 AM

[Conference room -> Bridge]
Ardyn nodded curtly as she got up to go back to her station by Christian on the helm. Picking Steve off her seat, she sat down. "Alright, Murphy. Let's navigate a detour here. Point 34 by Point 265. It'll head through the nebula, so we'll have to keep an eye out for gas and space dust." She turned to the Deltan. "Hey... Zex, is it? Could you scan for any cloaked Romulan ships? Don't want any company joining our little party."

[Bridge]

"Yes, Ma'am.  Ensign Zex, Science Officer.  At your service, Ma'am" the Deltan replied with a bit of pride.

She looked from the woman back at the duty station.  "I guess I could attempt to scan for ships from the Science station.  Unless you want Sec/Tac to take on that order, Ma'am" she added.

T'Ra Jones

[Bridge]

T'Ra stepped onto the bridge to find herself amidst a flurry of activity. Taking a place in the centre of the bridge, she took a deep breath to get ready for the litany of commands she was about to issue. "Miss Zex, I want you to get started on that bio signature," T'Ra began, clasping her hands behind her back. Turning to the two security officers, she added, "Miss Wyman, could you bring us to yellow alert and head down to the shuttle bay and prepare to meet our visitor. And K-5, please open the channel to the defector."

-Evan Buehler

K-5

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on September 22, 2017, 06:56:24 PM

[Bridge]

T'Ra stepped onto the bridge to find herself amidst a flurry of activity. Taking a place in the centre of the bridge, she took a deep breath to get ready for the litany of commands she was about to issue. "Miss Zex, I want you to get started on that bio signature," T'Ra began, clasping her hands behind her back. Turning to the two security officers, she added, "Miss Wyman, could you head down to the shuttle bay and prepare to meet our visitor. And K-5, please open the channel to the defector."

[Bridge]

K-5 started tapping away at her console and opened the channel.

"Chanel open Commander."

She monitored the chanel as Commander T'Ra spoke.

Non-Playing Character 1

[Romulan Shuttle]

Colonel Seto offered a weak smile as the image of the Shran's bridge flickered onto his screen. "Jolan'tru, Federation starship, I thank you for coming to my aid," he gasped with a sense of urgency, tightly gripping the console in front of him. "The information I have is highly classified, and it is absolutely vital that I speak with the admiralty!"

His eyes suddenly darted downward. "Something's wrong," he whispered. A red light was now blinking sporadically, casting a deep scarlet glow across his face. "Indaere! Indaere! It's going to blow!"

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: K-5 on September 22, 2017, 07:06:07 PM

[Bridge]

K-5 started tapping away at her console and opened the channel.

"Chanel open Commander."

She monitored the chanel as Commander T'Ra spoke.

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 1 on September 23, 2017, 02:27:13 AM

[Romulan Shuttle]

Colonel Seto offered a weak smile as the image of the Shran's bridge flickered onto his screen. "Jolan'tru, Federation starship, I thank you for coming to my aid," he gasped with a sense of urgency, tightly gripping the console in front of him. "The information I have is highly classified, and it is absolutely vital that I speak with the admiralty!"

[Bridge]

T'Ra adopted a similar stance to the one she had employed when she spoke to Admiral Townsend. Her feet were shoulder width apart, arms folded behind her back, and her face a perfect Vulcan mask. She gave a nod of appreciation to the android before she was suddenly hit by a wave of nausea and unwanted emotion. She blinked it away, steeling herself to deal with the so-called defector. His image slowly appeared on the main viewer. From what she could see, the Romulan bore the rank of Colonel and seemed to be in considerable distress.

"Na'shaya, Colonel," T'Ra said, replying in kind. "I'm Commander Jones of the USS Shran. We are prepared to offer you political asylum and conduct you to Starbase 12 in exchange for certain information that you claim to possess." Something in the Romulan's demeanor made her pause, arching a brow.

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 1 on September 23, 2017, 02:27:13 AM

[Romulan Shuttle]

His eyes suddenly darted downward. "Something's wrong," he whispered. A red light was now blinking sporadically, casting a deep scarlet glow across his face. "Indaere! Indaere! It's going to blow!"

Her expression turned to an unusual frown, recognizing the Romulan equivalent for "mayday".

"Beam him aboard. Now!" she barked. Tapping her commbadge, she hastened to add, =A=Bridge to Sickbay, prepare to receive an emergency transport.=A= Her fingers had barely slipped from her communicator when the Romulan shuttle exploded. "Bring us to red alert. Miss Wymann, please meet our guest in Sickbay."

-Evan Buehler

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.