Author Topic: S1-M8 Crackpot of the Empire  (Read 27364 times)

Offline Ardyn Jaeger

• Approved Applicants
  • Live fast, die young.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S1-M8 Crackpot of the Empire
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2017, 12:10:43 am »

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Offline Fala Awen

• Condemner of Food, Things, and Supplies
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Think they'll have THAT on the tour?
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2017, 06:13:15 am »
[Conference Room]

Once the conference room door slid open, Caelene saw Ardyn enter the room. She offered a small smile and nodded to the newly promoted Chief Flight Control Officer. "Hello, Lieutenant," the Trill greeted her fellow officer. It wasn't particularly surprising that Ardyn had arrived next - the bridge wasn't particularly far away, after all.

Suppressing a sigh, Caelene shook her head slightly, "It'll be better once we have everything straightened out. Nearly everything is back to normal, but I need to have a closer look at the holographic systems and we still have one replicator in the Mess Hall which still wants to produce only orange jell-o."

"Actually that's what I had just gone to help with before getting called her. Petty Officer Lestrade (NPC) has been working on the replicator with no success. He's looking into the actual coding to see if there are any fragments left from our encounter. And I was just looking at it as well while I waited," Caelene said tilting one of her PADDs towards Ardyn to show her what she was talking about. "It did seem a bit odd that Steve would like jell-o, but if it keeps him happy, I suppose it doesn't harm anything."

"How are things in Flight Control?" Caelene asked. As Second Officer, it seemed like a good idea to inquire into the other departments to help out T'Ra...especially since they were still waiting for James to get cleared by Medical. Besides, there had been some changes - Ser had left the Shran and with his departure, Ardyn had received her promotion in rank and position.

The conference room doors slid open again; it was, after all, getting closer to the appointed time for the meeting. The others would surely be arriving shortly. Caelene wondered what exactly the meeting was about - presumably something concerning their mission. Maybe T'Ra would also have an update on the Captain.

OFF: Tag Ardyn & others entering the conference room

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2017, 12:28:32 pm »
[Conference Room]

Once the conference room door slid open, Caelene saw Ardyn enter the room. She offered a small smile and nodded to the newly promoted Chief Flight Control Officer. "Hello, Lieutenant," the Trill greeted her fellow officer. It wasn't particularly surprising that Ardyn had arrived next - the bridge wasn't particularly far away, after all.

Suppressing a sigh, Caelene shook her head slightly, "It'll be better once we have everything straightened out. Nearly everything is back to normal, but I need to have a closer look at the holographic systems and we still have one replicator in the Mess Hall which still wants to produce only orange jell-o."

"Actually that's what I had just gone to help with before getting called her. Petty Officer Lestrade (NPC) has been working on the replicator with no success. He's looking into the actual coding to see if there are any fragments left from our encounter. And I was just looking at it as well while I waited," Caelene said tilting one of her PADDs towards Ardyn to show her what she was talking about. "It did seem a bit odd that Steve would like jell-o, but if it keeps him happy, I suppose it doesn't harm anything."

"How are things in Flight Control?" Caelene asked. As Second Officer, it seemed like a good idea to inquire into the other departments to help out T'Ra...especially since they were still waiting for James to get cleared by Medical. Besides, there had been some changes - Ser had left the Shran and with his departure, Ardyn had received her promotion in rank and position.

The conference room doors slid open again; it was, after all, getting closer to the appointed time for the meeting. The others would surely be arriving shortly. Caelene wondered what exactly the meeting was about - presumably something concerning their mission. Maybe T'Ra would also have an update on the Captain.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Offline Ardyn Jaeger

• Approved Applicants
  • Live fast, die young.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2017, 01:09:34 am »
[Conference Room]

Alt of Kinley Garrison

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards

-Evan Buehler

Offline K-5

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Humans are funny that way, they have hard skulls.
  • Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2017, 08:56:39 am »
[Bridge]

K-5 got to her station, still recovering from her visit o the Captain. She logged into her station and got to work, scanning the ship and making sure all the weapons systems were online and functional, and that the internal security systems were all functioning as expected. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, so she went to work on scanning around the ship, making sure nothing potentially dangerous was approaching.

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Three year award Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2017, 03:27:19 pm »

Click on the Badge to see bio

Offline Amynta Lianez

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2017, 11:08:07 pm »
"I do apologize, Doctor, but I need to head for the bridge; I think there's a meeting going on, based on the hail the captain got a moment ago, and I'd like to speak with Commander Jones as well. Thank you again for your help!" Amynta said in a rush as she overheard the hail that had just echoed from two badges at once. She may not be of high rank officially, but as ship's counselor she was hoping she might be able to slip in to the briefing without too much trouble, to make sure she was prepared for whatever chaos fell upon them next.

Shran

Amynta was one of the last stragglers to make it in before Commander Jones began her explanation, and she stood silently in the back to listen as unobtrusively as possible. Despite her best intentions of not getting involved, though, the call for suggestions piqued her interest. Romulans had an intense fixation on purity and were clearly xenophobic--making cybernetics something they had always rejected before. What could have prompted such a drastic change? She pursed her lips, hesitating a moment before she spoke up.

"Not to be cynical, but it may be a good idea to prepare for the worst case scenario. Whatever prompted the Romulans to change their minds about that kind of technology will likely make them...highly motivated to keep it secret. People don't just give up their value systems for no reason."

Species: Trill (Unjoined)
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."  Shakespeare (Hamlet)

Offline Fala Awen

• Condemner of Food, Things, and Supplies
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Think they'll have THAT on the tour?
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2017, 11:28:59 pm »
[Conference Room]

Caelene smiled at Ardyn's response, then glanced over as the door opened again. And again. And again. It seemed that nearly everyone had arrived, other than James and perhaps one or two others. She wasn't sure how much she would have to do on the mission. Although Caelene had not yet heard what their orders were, Ardyn mentioned something about a defector...not really something that Engineering would be overly concerned about. Most likely she'd still be fighting with orange Jell-o and figuring out where the Egyptians had come from.

The Trill turned her attention to the Executive Officer, who was preparing to speak.

Shran

T'Ra's words gave Caelene pause. A Romulan? Top secret cybernetics program? She frowned slightly; it was likely that Engineering and Operations would be looking into whatever information the supposed defector had. Hopefully they would have the last few issues worked out of the system by the end of the day and could concentrate on investigating the information, if that was what they were to do.

"Not to be cynical, but it may be a good idea to prepare for the worst case scenario. Whatever prompted the Romulans to change their minds about that kind of technology will likely make them...highly motivated to keep it secret. People don't just give up their value systems for no reason."

Caelene nodded thoughtfully as she heard the counselor speak. The other Trill did have a point. They would have to be careful, not only with the defector, but with whatever information he or she supplied the Shran with.

"Commander, will we be looking through the information the defector has?  If so, I feel strongly that we should take extra data security precautions before doing so. I could get that setup if you like," she offered. Either StarFleet Command would want to look at it themselves with their own experts, or they might want the Shran to do some initial investigations. Her eyes glanced over at the door where she watched James walk in late. Apparently he had been released from Sickbay after all.

It would likely need to be a collaborative effort, and it certainly wouldn't be ready in the fifteen minutes it would take them to get to their destination, but it could be done. After what had happened with their last mission, Caelene didn't want to take any chances. They were, after all, still recovering from the issues Cara had created...adding new ones was the last thing she wanted.

OFF: Tag T'Ra, others in briefing

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Offline Ardyn Jaeger

• Approved Applicants
  • Live fast, die young.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2017, 11:29:56 pm »
"I do apologize, Doctor, but I need to head for the bridge; I think there's a meeting going on, based on the hail the captain got a moment ago, and I'd like to speak with Commander Jones as well. Thank you again for your help!" Amynta said in a rush as she overheard the hail that had just echoed from two badges at once. She may not be of high rank officially, but as ship's counselor, she was hoping she might be able to slip into the briefing without too much trouble, to make sure she was prepared for whatever chaos fell upon them next.

Amynta was one of the last stragglers to make it in before Commander Jones began her explanation, and she stood silently in the back to listen as unobtrusively as possible. Despite her best intentions of not getting involved, though, the call for suggestions piqued her interest. Romulans had an intense fixation on purity and were clearly xenophobic--making cybernetics something they had always rejected before. What could have prompted such a drastic change? She pursed her lips, hesitating a moment before she spoke up.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 11:33:43 pm by Ardyn Jaeger »

Alt of Kinley Garrison

Offline Kira Wyman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2017, 04:52:44 pm »
Not too long ago...

"Is this my stop?" A man at the helm of the shuttle nodded. Kira walked up to the helm of the shuttle and smiled at the man, patting him on the shoulder and preparing to get off. "I'll see you soon, Gabriel. If you end up leaving intelligence, let me know and I'll try and get you onto the ship. By the sounds of it, it seems like they could use some backup." Gabriel grinned, nodding in agreement. "Sounds like they've had an interesting few excursions. Nothing an Odyssey class can't handle though. You got lucky, the ship seems top notch." Kira's eyebrow raised in surprise. "You looked up the ship?" Gabriel simply nodded as the ship touched down onto the planet's surface. He pressed a button, the doors begun to open, then he stood up, walking over to Kira and stopping just before the door. "I guess I'll be seeing ya then. Good luck out there, you'll kill it." Kira smiled and hugged him, then leaned onto the wall of the shuttle. "I hope so. It's been a while since I've been on a ship. Oh yeah, and I have something for you." Kira stopped just before the door and pulled one of the golden pips off her uniform. She lowered her hand and then passed it into the man's hand, smiling slightly, she continued. "They said they needed to compensate for the loss of the lead of operations and asked me to recommend someone. I know you have experience in OPS, so I recommended you. If you don't take the job, at least keep the pip for me. I'll see you as soon as the ship docks for a break. Take care." Gabriel smiled in surprise. "No kidding? Thank you, Kira, I'll make sure OPS doesn't change for if you return." Kira nodded. "Until next time, commander."

"I'll see you soon, lieutenant." Gabriel waved one last time before the doors of the shuttle closed, Kira begun to walk towards the shuttle not too far away. She looked back one last time, smiling and thinking about the adventure in front of her.

Present Day...

...I'm gonna miss all of my friends in intelligence. That's for damn sure.

End Log.

Kira turned the screen off her personal padd she was typing on and put it down next to her. she looked at the console and started a diagnostic on the weapons on the ship, she raised her head and smiled, impressed of the ship which she had been placed onto and looked back down as the console made a low humming noise, signalling the completion of the diagnostic. "Everything seems fine here." Kira said to herself picking the small padd up and placing it into her pocket.

[Bridge]

K-5 got to her station, still recovering from her visit o the Captain. She logged into her station and got to work, scanning the ship and making sure all the weapons systems were online and functional, and that the internal security systems were all functioning as expected. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, so she went to work on scanning around the ship, making sure nothing potentially dangerous was approaching.

As Kira sat at one of the tactical consoles, slowly working as she got used to the ship, a woman stopped and begun to work at one of the tactical consoles. Kira walked over to the woman, figuring that it was time for her to meet some people aboard the ship. She stopped before her and smiled. "Hi, I'm Kira, Lieutenant Kira Wyman." Kira finished.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 05:07:35 pm by Kira Wyman »

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2017, 05:55:42 pm »
[Conference Room]

Amynta was one of the last stragglers to make it in before Commander Jones began her explanation, and she stood silently in the back to listen as unobtrusively as possible.

[Conference Room]

"Commander, will we be looking through the information the defector has?  If so, I feel strongly that we should take extra data security precautions before doing so. I could get that setup if you like," she offered. Either StarFleet Command would want to look at it themselves with their own experts, or they might want the Shran to do some initial investigations. Her eyes glanced over at the door where she watched James walk in late. Apparently he had been released from Sickbay after all.

A memory unexpectedly sprung to mind.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 05:58:29 pm by T'Ra Jones »

-Evan Buehler

Offline Ardyn Jaeger

• Approved Applicants
  • Live fast, die young.
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Alt of Kinley Garrison

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2017, 01:58:49 pm »
Not too long ago...

"Is this my stop?" A man at the helm of the shuttle nodded. Kira walked up to the helm of the shuttle and smiled at the man, patting him on the shoulder and preparing to get off. "I'll see you soon, Gabriel. If you end up leaving intelligence, let me know and I'll try and get you onto the ship. By the sounds of it, it seems like they could use some backup." Gabriel grinned, nodding in agreement. "Sounds like they've had an interesting few excursions. Nothing an Odyssey class can't handle though. You got lucky, the ship seems top notch." Kira's eyebrow raised in surprise. "You looked up the ship?" Gabriel simply nodded as the ship touched down onto the planet's surface. He pressed a button, the doors begun to open, then he stood up, walking over to Kira and stopping just before the door. "I guess I'll be seeing ya then. Good luck out there, you'll kill it." Kira smiled and hugged him, then leaned onto the wall of the shuttle. "I hope so. It's been a while since I've been on a ship. Oh yeah, and I have something for you." Kira stopped just before the door and pulled one of the golden pips off her uniform. She lowered her hand and then passed it into the man's hand, smiling slightly, she continued. "They said they needed to compensate for the loss of the lead of operations and asked me to recommend someone. I know you have experience in OPS, so I recommended you. If you don't take the job, at least keep the pip for me. I'll see you as soon as the ship docks for a break. Take care." Gabriel smiled in surprise. "No kidding? Thank you, Kira, I'll make sure OPS doesn't change for if you return." Kira nodded. "Until next time, commander."

"I'll see you soon, lieutenant." Gabriel waved one last time before the doors of the shuttle closed, Kira begun to walk towards the shuttle not too far away. She looked back one last time, smiling and thinking about the adventure in front of her.

Present Day...

...I'm gonna miss all of my friends in intelligence. That's for damn sure.

End Log.

Kira turned the screen off her personal padd she was typing on and put it down next to her. she looked at the console and started a diagnostic on the weapons on the ship, she raised her head and smiled, impressed of the ship which she had been placed onto and looked back down as the console made a low humming noise, signalling the completion of the diagnostic. "Everything seems fine here." Kira said to herself picking the small padd up and placing it into her pocket.

As Kira sat at one of the tactical consoles, slowly working as she got used to the ship, a woman stopped and begun to work at one of the tactical consoles. Kira walked over to the woman, figuring that it was time for her to meet some people aboard the ship. She stopped before her and smiled. "Hi, I'm Kira, Lieutenant Kira Wyman." Kira finished.

[Bridge]

Zex looked up when the new Sec/Tac Officer arrived.  Finally another female to socialize with.  She got up from her station and approached.

"Hi K-5" the Deltan said to the Android.  "Hi.  I'm Zex.  Science Officer here.  Welcome to the Shran" she said politely to the new arrival.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Amynta Lianez

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2017, 07:59:41 pm »

"I agree with all of that. I'd say the more we can keep him in one area, the better. However, I'm not sure we should treat him with hostility--at least not open hostility. If we can make him feel safe, chances are he'll be willing to share more information with us early on. If he lets his guard down, even a little, we'll be more likely to have the upper hand in whatever happens. Perhaps we can have some extremely secure quarters set aside for him, with limited computer access, or even some kind of monitoring system?"

Amynta spoke with an unusual amount of confidence now that she was included and invested in the conversation. Despite her shy nature, when it came to her profession it was easy for her to fall into her counselor's persona. Whether friend or foe, she was interested in the psychology of everyone who came aboard their ship, and a Romulan defector was certainly no exception. Not only that, but to ensure the safety of everyone on board, they'd need to use all the skills and knowledge they had at their disposal, even if it meant being a bit deceptive as well.

Species: Trill (Unjoined)
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."  Shakespeare (Hamlet)

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles