S1-M8 Crackpot of the Empire

Started by T'Ra Jones, September 03, 2017, 12:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on September 06, 2017, 02:34:24 AM

[Bridge]

T'Ra could sense a thought stirring within the Deltan's mind, noting the way the ensign's eyes moved across the central dais on the bridge. Even as the science officer turned back towards her station, the sentiment lingered, making T'Ra wonder just how much the crew knew about her condition. "A repeat occurrence would be highly unlikely," she replied. "Tam and her engineers have been working non-stop to bring the systems back up to peak performance. But I do agree, that was most unpleasant."

[Bridge]

Zex noticed the look that passed over T'Ra face.  She had never seen T'Ra hold Steve before.  The XO looked content in a way.

"Well that's good news.  Maybe my night terrors about the last mission will stop too now that everything is fixed" Zex finaly replied with a lightness in her voice.  "At least Steve's not all glitchy now" she added.

"Anyway, I'll get right on those diagnostics" the Deltan said.  Then she turned and headed to her duty station.  Once there she sat and began to log in.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

James A. Hawke

[Sickbay]

James lay in the bio bed, recovering from his injuries.  He sustained some wounds and broken bones from his encounter with Kay.   Lately, Hawke wondered on the events of last mission.  Many of the events could have been prevented if he was a little more vigilant.

James then began sitting on the bio bed.   He took a deep breath and felt a little sore but tolerable.  Hawke then waited for the first medical personnel to be available.  James knew Starfleet regulations and figured that he needed medical clearance before going back to work.  He wanted to see what was going on the ship and more importantly his duty restrictions.

He was informed that he had suffered concussion broken ribs.  However, the only person in the ship that outranked him was the Chief Medical Officer.  James did not dare to push the doctor's boundaries and force him to rest.

Click on the Badge to see bio

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on September 06, 2017, 02:44:43 PM

[Bridge]

Ardyn paused a moment from  her adjusting the Warp drive as she glanced over to where Steve was snugly asleep on T'Ra's lap "Come to think of it, no, he hasn't. He's a cuddly little guy, but he hasn't fallen asleep on anyone else's lap before. If he does take a nap, it's usually on me." She mused curiously. "Maybe it's because of the baby. You know how he really likes kids. I don't know half of what he can do, but maybe he can sense it, and this is his way of being protective." She had to smile at that thought. "By the way, I'm going to shift us into Warp 6, if no one minds. I'm getting bored of going slower."

Quote from: Zex on September 06, 2017, 04:59:53 PM

[Bridge]

Zex noticed the look that passed over T'Ra face.  She had never seen T'Ra hold Steve before.  The XO looked content in a way.

"Well that's good news.  Maybe my night terrors about the last mission will stop too now that everything is fixed" Zex finally replied with a lightness in her voice.  "At least Steve's not all glitchy now" she added. "Anyway, I'll get right on those diagnostics" the Deltan said.  Then she turned and headed to her duty station.  Once there she sat and began to log in.

[Bridge]

"Mm," T'Ra murmured in response to the flight officer. "Perhaps that could be it. Animals seem to have a certain intuition that humans lack, and Steve's program seems to be adapting. He's learning." She left it at that, not responding to the increase in speed. It made little difference to her how soon they arrived at their destination. There was nothing awaiting them there that required their immediate attention, but if Jaeger wanted to get there sooner, she saw no problem with that. She turned to the Deltan who had sat down at the science station. "Thank you, Miss Zex. Let me know if anything comes up."

Quote from: Miriam HÁƒ¤llstrom on September 06, 2017, 11:23:20 AM

Bridge

The journey over to the quadrant had been a quiet one and Miriam's job had become somewhat quiet. She did her best to help out in engineering with anything which needed doing and had been doing her duties in ops, helping with basic repairs and also doing any admin which needed doing.

Miriam looked down at the console and noticed Starfleet Command had hailed them. She looked up towards T'Ra. "Commander, we have an incoming hail from Starfleet command." Miriam finished.

"Put them on screen, Miss HÁƒ¤llstrom," T'Ra responded. Gently nudging the raptor from her lap so that she could stand. She took advantage of the remaining few seconds before the image appeared on the main viewer to tug on the bottom hem of her science blue uniform.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

K-5

[Hallway to Bridge]

K-5 walked down the hallway, ready to get down to business, and began thinking to herself. She still hadn't gone to see how the captain was doing after he encountered Cara. She figured being a little late for a shift to go and see the captain wouldn't be a big issue.

She turned around and headed to the sickbay.

[Sickbay]

She walked in and a nurse asked her what she was there for, ad she replied she was there to check on the captain. The nurse led her to the Captain's biobed and she immediately felt... this one was tricky.... Guilty. She frowned.

"Captan, I'm very sorry for doing this. If I'd been able to get control faster, I would never have beaten you so badly." He chuckled.K-5 didn't know how to feel. This was all so new, and with feeling guilty about not being able to do her job- protect her crewmates- she was utterly lost.

Orantom Trea

Quote from: Amynta Lianez on September 04, 2017, 10:48:12 PM

[Sickbay]

After what had turned out to be one of the most confusing events of her life thus far, Amynta had absolutely crashed in her new bunk; she didn't even bother to unpack her things and it had taken everything she had just to change into a more suitable outfit.

After waking, though, she had immediately jumped into her duties as ship's counselor, and was surprised to find that several crew members had already made appointments with her using the digital scheduling tool. It was a busy first few days; meeting new patients and getting to know the medical staff was enough to keep her extremely busy down on Deck 9, and she hadn't had much time to spend on the bridge with those she had met during that eventful first day. She was admittedly a bit disappointed--she had enjoyed working as a team with Ardyn and Commander Jones--but there was sure to be plenty of time to make friends after things were a bit more settled.

Now they were embarking on a patrol of some kind, but she hadn't even had time to read the briefing that had been sent out very closely. As it was, she had a few things to accomplish in Sickbay first. One of the crew she had just met had been taking sleeping medication for more than six months, which had originally been prescribed by a family doctor back on Earth. For the last few weeks, though, the buildup of medication in his system had been giving him overly vivid dreams and night terrors--and he hadn't thought to share this with the medical staff until there was a counselor on board. She needed to speak with the medical staff about cancelling his prescription, and make sure that they stopped the medication in the safest way possible. It seemed that Dr. Buehler was busy with another patient, so she approached Dr. Trea instead, although he didn't seem quite as genial. She would just have to be as pleasant as possible, and try not to be intimidated.

"Hello, Dr. Trea. Do you have a moment to help me with something?"

Oran was annoyed. The AI had blown all the categorization algorithms out the airlock, and that meant that the medication that was physically aboard the ship - whatever they couldn't replicate due to its complexity, volatility, or fragility - was an unknown factor until they could work out what had been damaged, lost or tainted. Somehow, the program had managed to get into the physical crates and vent some of them. How it managed to do this Oran would never know, but computers thought blisteringly fast and this one had access to the whole ship's systems, so he supposed it was going to find a way to screw up his day.

He was counting hypos of a literally fizzing liquid when his fellow good doctor arrived, head loudly abuzz with thoughts. On board a military installation you were never more than ten meters from another person, so Oran had learned to keep his own head strictly structured and controlled for the sake of his own bloody sanity, a coping strategy that most of the telepaths on the ship seemed to employ. This one must not have known the problems a chaotic thought pattern would cause those who worked with her. At the very least, he picked out a couple of details, but he decided not to wax superior - it made people uncomfortable when they faced up to him knowing what they were going to say as or before they said it.

So he just straightened up from the table he was working at, turned and smiled curtly. He had no idea why a counsellor without some degree of telepathy would be hired, but Starfleet wasn't known for their acute skill in prioritising qualities. He was sure she was perfectly well-qualified either way. Extending a hand, Oran shook hers and said "Hello, you must be Dr. Lianez. This stuff is volatile, and I can't leave it too long, but how can I help?"

Kira Wyman

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on September 07, 2017, 02:46:59 AM

[Bridge]

"Mm," T'Ra murmured in response to the flight officer. "Perhaps that could be it. Animals seem to have a certain intuition that humans lack, and Steve's program seems to be adapting. He's learning." She left it at that, not responding to the increase in speed. It made little difference to her how soon they arrived at their destination. There was nothing awaiting them there that required their immediate attention, but if Jaeger wanted to get there sooner, she saw no problem with that. She turned to the Deltan who had sat down at the science station. "Thank you, Miss Zex. Let me know if anything comes up."

"Put them on screen, Miss HÁƒ¤llstrom," T'Ra responded. Gently nudging the raptor from her lap so that she could stand. She took advantage of the remaining few seconds before the image appeared on the main viewer to tug on the bottom hem of her science blue uniform.

Bridge

Miriam listened to the chatter about the holographic dinosaur named Steve. She stared at the dinosaur for a moment as it slept and smiled to herself. The dinosaur was a peculiar hobby to work on but Miriam liked the idea of having a pet on board, even if it was holographic. Her attention turned to T'Ra as she told Miriam to put the hail on screen.

Miriam nodded at the XO, looking down towards the interface and opening the hail. The view screen projected the admiral's face onto the screen. Miriam looked up back towards the XO. "On screen, commander." She finished.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Amynta Lianez

Quote from: Orantom Trea on September 07, 2017, 10:14:52 AM

This one must not have known the problems a chaotic thought pattern would cause those who worked with her. At the very least, he picked out a couple of details, but he decided not to wax superior - it made people uncomfortable when they faced up to him knowing what they were going to say as or before they said it.

So he just straightened up from the table he was working at, turned and smiled curtly. He had no idea why a counsellor without some degree of telepathy would be hired, but Starfleet wasn't known for their acute skill in prioritising qualities. He was sure she was perfectly well-qualified either way. Extending a hand, Oran shook hers and said "Hello, you must be Dr. Lianez. This stuff is volatile, and I can't leave it too long, but how can I help?"

Despite the fact that she read every bit of the discomfort and disdain in the curt smile and handshake she recieved, Amynta shook the offered hand as firmly as she could (which was not very) and returned his smile with a far friendlier one. There was no point in letting someone's bad mood get to her, although a petulant little thought in the back of her mind insisted that he thought she didn't belong here...and that he was right. When he mentioned the volatile medication, though, she was pulled back to the matter at hand. A glance at the vials told her he wasn't exaggerating; the contents looked as if they might burn through this deck to the next if they weren't careful. She should have known she was interrupting something, but it was a bit too late to turn back now.

"Sorry about that, Doctor. It should only take a moment, but if you like I can just leave a note on your desk about it--I'm just hoping to cancel a prescription that a crewman has had a bit too long; the sleeping pills he was prescribed by a family doctor are beginning to cause some unpleasant side effects. I don't have authorization for any medications, you see, and I thought you might be able to advise on the safest way to discontinue that kind of medication as well." She paused, then added, "It's not really an immediate issue, so if you'd prefer I could also help you with the inventory you're working on."

Perhaps a second pair of hands would help both their tasks go a bit faster, so that Dr. Trea wouldn't be saddled with this on his own. After all, the task seemed a bit boring for someone as well trained as a Starfleet Doctor, and that probably caused at least part of the irritation that she was seeing.

Species: Trill (Unjoined)
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."  Shakespeare (Hamlet)

James A. Hawke

[Sickbay]
James sat on the biobed and noticed K-5 walking in.  He greeted her with a small smile.  He tried to straighten up to show he was doing well.  He felt a sharp pain in his torso area as his ribs were still healing from the incident in the base.   He still has some small scars and other injuries plenty of them would heal over time.
Hawke was confident that everything would be better, he has been through worse.  He first listened to the android as she said.

Quote from: K-5 on September 07, 2017, 08:48:00 AM

"Captan, I'm very sorry for doing this. If I'd been able to get control faster, I would never have beaten you so badly."

James then smiled and said with a cocky grin "Really?  The only reason why you beat me up was that I was drugged"  James answered with a  smile.  He wanted to take the blame off her and place in on his shoulders.

"Y'know, Android or not, I can beat you up anytime...."James said

He then tried to jump out of the bed and felt a sharp pain in his rib area "Alright...maybe not right now"  James said sarcastically. He tried to make her laugh.

As he finished he approached K-5 and attempted to place his hand on her shoulder. "Seriously, there is nothing to feel bad or ashamed about.  You like anyone else can get sick, you weren't yourself.  And living through this is a part of living.  Humans used to say that the greatest glory in life is never falling, but to rise each time we fall"

James then looked at her eyes and said "We both deserve blame for what happened.  I was not there to help you like I could have or like I should.  But you or I can't revisit the past, we can move forward.  Regret and guilt are powerful emotions, they make us live in the past.  But we don't live in the past, we live in the present.  Do you understand what I am saying?" James asked.

Click on the Badge to see bio

Kirok

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on September 07, 2017, 02:46:59 AM

[Bridge]

[Bridge]

"Roger that, Ma'am" Zex replied while tapping away at her console.   'Please work today.  Please' she said to herself.

A few seconds passed as the diagnostic ran.  And the board came up green.  "I'm good, Ms. Jones" the Deltan called out cheerfully.

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Miriam HÁƒ¤llstrom on September 07, 2017, 11:26:53 AM

Bridge

Miriam listened to the chatter about the holographic dinosaur named Steve. She stared at the dinosaur for a moment as it slept and smiled to herself. The dinosaur was a peculiar hobby to work on but Miriam liked the idea of having a pet on board, even if it was holographic. Her attention turned to T'Ra as she told Miriam to put the hail on screen.

Miriam nodded at the XO, looking down towards the interface and opening the hail. The view screen projected the admiral's face onto the screen. Miriam looked up back towards the XO. "On screen, commander." She finished.

[Bridge]

T'Ra stood in an Á¢â,¬Ëœat-ease' position with her hands behind her back as the image of the admiral flickered onto the screen. Three square pips lined the man's collar, reminding her of the three pips that Evan had tucked away the day she left the admiralty. Three pips lined her collar as well, but they were round, and that made all the difference. As did the science-blue of her uniform, in stark contrast to the command-red. She could see the discomfort in the admiral's eyes. No doubt he found it odd to be addressing a science officer.

"Na'shaya, Admiral Townsend," T'Ra began, greeting the man by name. She was not one to forget a face. "What can we do for you, sir?"

"Greetings, Shran," Townsend replied. "I was expecting Captain Hawke to answer the call."

"The Captain is in sickbay, waiting to be cleared by the Chief Medical Officer to return to duty after the injuries he sustained in our last mission. I'm T'Ra Jones, his first officer."

"Yes, yes, I've seen the reports," the admiral answered, brushing it off with the wave of a hand. "Well, in that case.... Recently, Starfleet Intelligence has become aware of Romulan Tal-Shiar agents who have been cybernetically enhanced, possibly with reverse-engineered Borg technology. This represents an unexpected cultural shift within the Romulan Empire, as such cybernetic enhancement was previously considered deeply offensive from a cultural standpoint. We have now been contacted by a high-ranking agent in the Tal-Shiar who is involved with their cyber-program and wants to defect. Given your ship's size and current location, we are ordering the Shran to pick up the Á¢â,¬Ëœdefector' and bring him back to Starbase 12 for debriefing."

T'Ra arched a brow, weighing her words before making a response. "I understand that it is logical to send our ship, but is it not also logical that this Romulan may be deceiving us?"

Townsend frowned, grumbling, "That may be the case, but we cannot afford to take chances. You are to apprehend the defector and bring him straight to the starbase." When T'Ra nodded, the admiral seemed to be satisfied. "That will be all for now, Commander." With that, the admiral disappeared from the screen, and they were once again greeted by a view of the passing stars.

Quote from: Zex on September 07, 2017, 04:53:52 PM

[Bridge]

"Roger that, Ma'am" Zex replied while tapping away at her console.   'Please work today.  Please' she said to herself.

A few seconds passed as the diagnostic ran.  And the board came up green.  "I'm good, Ms. Jones" the Deltan called out cheerfully.

As the channel closed, T'Ra finally turned to address the science officer. "That is good to hear," she replied. "Zex, I need you to pull up any and all information we might have on the Afehirr Nebula, what obstacles we could face but more importantly how it might affect our sensors. I don't want to be flying in there blind. Miss Jaeger," she added, "set a new course for the nebula."

Having issued those two commands, she tapped her comm badge. =A=Attention all senior officers, please report to the conference room in fifteen minutes.=A=. She allowed a brief pause before tapping it again. =A=Jones to Hawke, has Doctor Smithe cleared you yet?=A=.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

K-5

Quote from: James A. Hawke on September 07, 2017, 04:24:35 PM

[Sickbay]
James sat on the biobed and noticed K-5 walking in.  He greeted her with a small smile.  He tried to straighten up to show he was doing well.  He felt a sharp pain in his torso area as his ribs were still healing from the incident in the base.   He still has some small scars and other injuries plenty of them would heal over time.
Hawke was confident that everything would be better, he has been through worse.  He first listened to the android as she said.

James then smiled and said with a cocky grin "Really?  The only reason why you beat me up was that I was drugged"  James answered with a  smile.  He wanted to take the blame off her and place in on his shoulders.

"Y'know, Android or not, I can beat you up anytime...."James said

He then tried to jump out of the bed and felt a sharp pain in his rib area "Alright...maybe not right now"  James said sarcastically. He tried to make her laugh.

As he finished he approached K-5 and attempted to place his hand on her shoulder. "Seriously, there is nothing to feel bad or ashamed about.  You like anyone else can get sick, you weren't yourself.  And living through this is a part of living.  Humans used to say that the greatest glory in life is never falling, but to rise each time we fall"

James then looked at her eyes and said "We both deserve blame for what happened.  I was not there to help you like I could have or like I should.  But you or I can't revisit the past, we can move forward.  Regret and guilt are powerful emotions, they make us live in the past.  But we don't live in the past, we live in the present.  Do you understand what I am saying?" James asked.

K-5 smiled slightly at the Captain's attempts at making her laugh, but when he got serious, K-5 listened eagerly. She understood what he was saying and nodded, but it did little to stifle her feelings of regret and guilt.
Quote from: T'Ra Jones on September 08, 2017, 04:15:55 AM

[Bridge]

Having issued those two commands, she tapped her comm badge. =A=Attention all senior officers, please report to the conference room in fifteen minutes.=A=. She allowed a brief pause before tapping it again. =A=Jones to Hawke, has Doctor Smithe cleared you yet?=A=.

K-5 smiled at the voice of the commander and whispered, "I'll get 'out of your hair' as they say." She waved slightly and left the room and headed to the bridge.

Kirok

[Bridge]

T'Ra stood in an Á¢â,¬Ëœat-ease' position with her hands behind her back as the image of the admiral flickered onto the screen. Three square pips lined the man's collar, reminding her of the three pips that Evan had tucked away the day she left the admiralty. Three pips lined her collar as well, but they were round, and that made all the difference. As did the science-blue of her uniform, in stark contrast to the command-red. She could see the discomfort in the admiral's eyes. No doubt he found it odd to be addressing a science officer.

"Na'shaya, Admiral Townsend," T'Ra began, greeting the man by name. She was not one to forget a face. "What can we do for you, sir?"

"Greetings, Shran," Townsend replied. "I was expecting Captain Hawke to answer the call."

"The Captain is in sickbay, waiting to be cleared by the Chief Medical Officer to return to duty after the injuries he sustained in our last mission. I'm T'Ra Jones, his first officer."

"Yes, yes, I've seen the reports," the admiral answered, brushing it off with the wave of a hand. "Well, in that case.... Recently, Starfleet Intelligence has become aware of Romulan Tal-Shiar agents who have been cybernetically enhanced, possibly with reverse-engineered Borg technology. This represents an unexpected cultural shift within the Romulan Empire, as such cybernetic enhancement was previously considered deeply offensive from a cultural standpoint. We have now been contacted by a high-ranking agent in the Tal-Shiar who is involved with their cyber-program and wants to defect. Given your ship's size and current location, we are ordering the Shran to pick up the Á¢â,¬Ëœdefector' and bring him back to Starbase 12 for debriefing."

T'Ra arched a brow, weighing her words before making a response. "I understand that it is logical to send our ship, but is it not also logical that this Romulan may be deceiving us?"

Townsend frowned, grumbling, "That may be the case, but we cannot afford to take chances. You are to apprehend the defector and bring him straight to the starbase." When T'Ra nodded, the admiral seemed to be satisfied. "That will be all for now, Commander." With that, the admiral disappeared from the screen, and they were once again greeted by a view of the passing stars.

As the channel closed, T'Ra finally turned to address the science officer. "That is good to hear," she replied. "Zex, I need you to pull up any and all information we might have on the Afehirr Nebula, what obstacles we could face but more importantly how it might affect our sensors. I don't want to be flying in there blind. Miss Jaeger," she added, "set a new course for the nebula."

[Bridge]

Zex smiled and shook her head in agreement.  It was nice when the machines worked the way they were supposed to.  'Definitely' she thought to herself.

"I'll get right on that, Ma'am" the Deltan replied.  She turned back around in her seat.  Then she accessed the database and started her search.

Fala Awen

[Mess Hall]

As Caelene stepped into the mostly deserted Mess Hall, she spotted Petty Officer Lestrade (NPC) working on the replicator in the corner. The Trill made her way over to him and set her toolkit on the floor. "Have you made any progress, Gabriel?"

He looked up at her with a frown, "No, ma'am, I'm afraid I haven't. At this point, I've practically rebuilt the thing and it still wants to produce only the orange jell-o. I'm beginning to wonder if it would still do it even if we ripped the entire unit out and replaced it."

Raising an eyebrow, Caelene knelt down to look at the replicator's innards. "So, you've replaced the memory unit, the capacitor grouping..." her voice trailed off as she poked around to look at all the new parts. "Nearly everything, as you've said. And you did a full reboot, purged the memory cache, and looked at the coding?"

"Yes ma'am. I still can't find anything that would cause it to act this way."

Tapping her finger to her lips, Caelene paused to consider the problem before speaking aloud, "So it doesn't appear to be hardware, which makes sense. Our computer systems were taken over, so I would think it has to be in the coding somewhere. It's probably something that looks completely harmless, but is a remnant from the hostile coding..."

Before she could say more, she heard T'Ra's voice over the comm system.

Having issued those two commands, she tapped her comm badge. =A=Attention all senior officers, please report to the conference room in fifteen minutes.=A=.

Caelene glanced over at Gabriel. "It appears I'm needed. Try comparing the various coding with one of the functioning replicators...and perhaps even with stock coding from one of the encrypted databases. Maybe that will tell you where and what it is that's hiding. I'll check in with you after the meeting."

Gabriel nodded, "Of course, ma'am."

[Conference Room]

Five minutes later, after a quick stop at her quarters to get a spare PADD for any notes she might need, Caelene arrived at the Conference Room. Still ten minutes early, she appeared to be the first to arrive. Caelene sat her toolkit on the floor under the table and placed two PADDS in front of her. One for the meeting, the other she had linked to the troublesome replicator to have a look at the code.

Her eyes scanned through the coding, looking for any abnormalities. Would she even notice them? It wasn't likely, not without comparing it to other coding, but she already had Gabriel working on that and if it was something glaringly obvious perhaps she would find it. At some point they had to.

Hearing the door opening, the Trill finished looking at the current line of code and glanced up to see who had arrived.

OFF: Tag people entering conference room

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Orantom Trea

Quote from: Amynta Lianez on September 07, 2017, 01:21:02 PM

Despite the fact that she read every bit of the discomfort and disdain in the curt smile and handshake she recieved, Amynta shook the offered hand as firmly as she could (which was not very) and returned his smile with a far friendlier one. There was no point in letting someone's bad mood get to her, although a petulant little thought in the back of her mind insisted that he thought she didn't belong here...and that he was right. When he mentioned the volatile medication, though, she was pulled back to the matter at hand. A glance at the vials told her he wasn't exaggerating; the contents looked as if they might burn through this deck to the next if they weren't careful. She should have known she was interrupting something, but it was a bit too late to turn back now.

"Sorry about that, Doctor. It should only take a moment, but if you like I can just leave a note on your desk about it--I'm just hoping to cancel a prescription that a crewman has had a bit too long; the sleeping pills he was prescribed by a family doctor are beginning to cause some unpleasant side effects. I don't have authorization for any medications, you see, and I thought you might be able to advise on the safest way to discontinue that kind of medication as well." She paused, then added, "It's not really an immediate issue, so if you'd prefer I could also help you with the inventory you're working on."

Perhaps a second pair of hands would help both their tasks go a bit faster, so that Dr. Trea wouldn't be saddled with this on his own. After all, the task seemed a bit boring for someone as well trained as a Starfleet Doctor, and that probably caused at least part of the irritation that she was seeing.

Oh, Great Fire, he'd caused offence again. The people on this ship really did seem to hang on each other for reassurance that they were all in this together, not happy to see each other unless they knew that they were all happy together. Codependent to the bitter, awkward, socially stunted end. But he didn't begrudge her that - it wasn't like most people on the ship were as dour and humourless as him, either. He wasn't even sure that he really was this humourless in real life - but then, this was real life now, so how he presented himself was just him, and would be judged in real time; such was the way of things.

"Don't be sorry," he assured her, "if this couldn't wait at all, I would've said so. I have five minutes to cancel a prescription. Haven't we signed you into the network yet, or don't counsellors get that access?" He was angling for the position at one point - but if there was red tape involved, he might be finding himself glad he didn't bother. "Who's the crewman, and what's the medication?" Oran headed to a surgical table and pulled his PADD from its surface, examining it for a moment. Then he looked at Amynta, face neutral and receptive, waiting with typing fingers poised.

Amynta Lianez

Quote from: Orantom Trea on September 10, 2017, 10:43:14 PM

"Don't be sorry," he assured her, "if this couldn't wait at all, I would've said so. I have five minutes to cancel a prescription. Haven't we signed you into the network yet, or don't counsellors get that access?" He was angling for the position at one point - but if there was red tape involved, he might be finding himself glad he didn't bother. "Who's the crewman, and what's the medication?" Oran headed to a surgical table and pulled his PADD from its surface, examining it for a moment. Then he looked at Amynta, face neutral and receptive, waiting with typing fingers poised.

Really it was just a habit of hers to over apologize, but still, she felt a bit more at ease knowing that she wasn't causing him any trouble. She'd just have to get to know him better to know what was his usual mood so she wouldn't put too much weight on certain expressions or body language. Getting back to work, though she followed him to the table, and quickly recited what he was asking for.

"Crewman Jacob F. Hardy, with a prescription for trazodone. I wasn't able to access the script since it was from a medical doctor originally. It's about the same as me trying to interfere with a patient's antiviral treatment, in the computer's mind. From what I understand after arguing with the system, I can prescribe new things with no trouble, and change or cancel my own, but if it's been put in by the normal medical staff I have no access."

She wasn't really sure if it was because she was a counselor or because she was such a recent graduate from the academy, she had hoped to ask one of the medical staff if they knew. Since Dr. Trea didn't, though, it was likely just a hurdle she'd have to deal with for now, and it didn't seem like it would come up often--after all, things could get quite dicey if a counselor was changing a staff member's normal medications without regular medical training.

Species: Trill (Unjoined)
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."  Shakespeare (Hamlet)

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.