Author Topic: Athena Mission 2.7: The Armor of Krem the Destroyer  (Read 16955 times)

Offline Constance Lafayette

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • I love the smell of paperwork in the morning.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Athena Mission 2.7: The Armor of Krem the Destroyer
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2017, 03:18:59 pm »
[Athena- Bridge]

As Susan entered Constance was nursing what looked and smelt to be some kind of bitter tea. The pungent aroma could wake up the dead but it had the effect of perking one up just by the smell.

"Ms. Venator, a pleasure as always. We have a situation. It appears that a crewman who was sent to investigate the disappearance of some of the artifacts we recovered from the planet is gone as well. No sign of them on the ship." She began and took a sip of the scalding liquid, wincing a bit, "Let's start with a scan of the ship's internals. We already know the artifacts resist scanning so let's look for other things that might be out of place..."

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Offline Susan Venator

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • 'One man's "magic" is another man's engineering!'
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2017, 05:21:38 pm »
[Athena- Bridge]

As Susan entered Constance was nursing what looked and smelt to be some kind of bitter tea. The pungent aroma could wake up the dead but it had the effect of perking one up just by the smell.

"Ms. Venator, a pleasure as always. We have a situation. It appears that a crewman who was sent to investigate the disappearance of some of the artifacts we recovered from the planet is gone as well. No sign of them on the ship." She began and took a sip of the scalding liquid, wincing a bit, "Let's start with a scan of the ship's internals. We already know the artifacts resist scanning so let's look for other things that might be out of place..."

Bridge

Suzie nodded.

"Aye Captain." She replied, initialising a full internal sensor sweep.

A short while later she looked at the results.

"That's strange Captain. We have a record of the artefacts from when they were brought aboard, but our internal sensors are no longer showing them as being anywhere aboard. When they arrived, they were shown as lit up like a Christmas tree. Now, nothing!" She reported in a puzzled tone.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2017, 08:42:32 pm »
[XO's Office]

Some time ago James had managed to slip the helmet to his office. Being off shift he'd changed out of his uniform and into his normal white shirt and black pants. Something about the helmet was calling out to him, despite most common sense telling him not to, the helmet slowly slid on to his head. Carter fell to his knees as he let out an agonizing scream. It felt as if he was being burned from the inside. But then the pain just stopped and he didn't feel anything anymore. It was like his consciousness had been locked inside a box and replaced with someone else's, a disturbingly familiar feeling.

After a few seconds of quiet silence James began to float from the ground. The new consciousness knew it needed to collect the rest of itself, and with the knowledge James provided it the solution was obvious.

[Bridge]

James still hadn't warmed back into the full extent of his powers yet, but that didn't stop him from being able to teleport at short range. He appeared near the center of the bridge facing away from the view screen....and still floating. "Good. Just where I need to be." He thought out loud slowly shifting his gaze to Susan. "You. Tell me where the rest of my armor is, or I'm going to have to kill you all." It was a direct as it got, but the new entity inside James's body didn't have time for formalities.

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2017, 09:09:44 pm »
[Athena- Shuttle Bay]

Constance said in her slow, police, concise, voice before offering the mess hall manager a little smile and excusing herself.

Constance asked, strowing with her normal hurried, direct, stalking walk down the halls as she headed towards the turbolift.

Once she was on the bridge she made herself known,
[Prof. Danger]

Danger walked with James, helping carry some of the cargo from the ship. Despite his old age he was fit as a fiddle and had no problem hefting the artifacts. Once his credentials had been verified the door opened and he stood, holding a double-headed axe wrapped in some kind of canvas or paper and bound with string.

He said gregariously as he placed the axe down in one of the containment fields where it was secured. A mousy, attractive, Betazoid woman in skant-attire was making eyes at him.

[four early in cargo]

D'Vid complied to the Admiral's order. He went right to the cargo bay. The environment controls were up to the standards. The one thing had had to work on a coupling which was out of sync. That took a few minutes to fix. After he had finished he had done to his own report paper. However, he had decided to check on it. There was something in the air that was saying he had to be there.

[two hours later in the present time]

The Engineer was working hard. He was focused on doing his job. So focused he had seemed to forget there were other people in the room. However, his mind was occupied about the artefacts.

It would hurt to smile to the other crew members who was still there. "I just had to view them once again'" he said.

The shadow cape quickly tossed itself on the El-Aurian.

The male had started to feel his feet rising from the floor. His his eyes in his head was scanning the room. ~What in the name of MY kingdom! ~ this was not was the place he knew of. It was wrong. It was not his kingdom. The kingdom he owned. His fist clenched tight. The bright red cape flowed behind him as picking the man higher. ~They are going to pay for it!~

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Offline Arrun Dihsar

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Knowing your destiny is only half the journey.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2017, 11:39:54 pm »
[Passageway, Crew Quarters Area, Deck 6]

Petty Officer Asklat walked upto Ensign Arrun Dihsar's quarters. The more experienced Cardassian was worried about the Officer and still hadn't reported him for his outburst the other day. Asklat was used to the occasional Bajoran snapping at him and having to report them; but Arrun was one of the few that seemed to look actually guilty about it. He learned that, sometimes, it was better to let the Bajorans know that it wasn't okay what they said; but, if they apologized and actually felt bad he would just let it go because they are now both on the same team. The same team line usually made officers not feel so awkward about it.

The Cardassian pressed the door chime on Arrun Dihsar's door. He had checked the duty roster for the department and was sure Arrun hadn't gotten himself yet anouther shift anywhere; couldn't find him at the mess hall; and Arrun wasn't at any of the holodecks: so his quarters had to be the last place he could be. The door chimed twice before Asklat thought anything strange. Arrun was a nervous type of Ensign, bolt to his feet and at attention. On the third chime he wondered if the Bajoran was in the middle of prayer.

Just as Asklat was about to step away from the door, the door whisked open. He turned his head and felt a sudden burning punch slam into his side. He crumpled to the ground, the intense pain of what felt like a phaser blast burned up his right arm an torso.

"No, no, you can't have me, you won't catch me." A breathless whisper declared nearby. Asklat couldn't hear any footsteps approach him, only the breathless voice over him.

=/\= Asklat to Security, intruder on deck 6-- NO!=/\=

"NO!" the voice screamed and fired twice more at the prone Cardassian until he was silent.

"No, no I refuse to be destroyed, none will find me, I won't be destroyed, I can't."

Asklat was silent, he was in far too much pain to make any noise; he was surprised he was even conscious. But, as he slowly slipped into unconsciousness, he could've sworn he saw Arrun floating around a corner with a strange...thing...on...his...

Then all was dark and silent.

Offline Catrin Maddux

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Don't you forget about me.
  • Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2017, 10:56:43 am »
[USS Athena - Mess Hall]

When the man eventually continued on his way, Ash turned and saw her cookie buddy sitting at their table in the corner of the hall. She flounced over to the table and plunked herself down next to Catrin with a wild smile on her sunburnt face. "Cat! I've brought you some- Ooh!! Cookies! Perfect!" Ash snagged one of the treats off of her friend's plate and continued to speak in a rather unladylike fashion with a mouth full of crumbs. "Like I was saying. I've got a thing for you. Here." She pulled out a jar of sand and set it on the table with an enthusiastic thunk that rattled the hot chocolate. "I may or may not have inadvertently stolen soil samples from the planet... In my hair... But it's a really pretty color, and I know how much you like pretty colors." She glanced down at her cocoa to emphasize her point.

"Also. I know you've been kinda down and out lately, so I thought this might help." Ash set the book she had been carrying earlier onto the table with a reverent pat on the cover. Treasure Island. "It was one of my favorites as a kid, and I thought you'd enjoy reminiscing about our pirate adventures with it at the very least - but if pirates aren't your thing, we could always head back to my quarters and pick something else out! The right book can solve anything." At least it always seemed to work for Ash. She gave Cat a hopeful smile as she brushed her hair out of her eyes.

[Athena - Mess Hall]

Cat hugged Ash warmly, a genuine smile brightening her features. Her cheery optimism was infectious, and made the half-Betazoid realize all that she still had to be thankful for. To some it may have been just a simple jar of dirt, but it really was a lovely shade and lately Cat had been filling her office shelves with bits and mementos from planet's they'd visited. It was a very thoughtful gift indeed, just another of the acts of kindness the young woman performed so effortlessly.

"Both the sand and the book are lovely, but I think the best gift is having you for a friend, Ash." Her hazel eyes glinted as she picked up 'Treasure Island' and looked it over. "That was certainly an exciting mission, but I think reading about pirates may be a safer pastime than trying to fight them. I'm certainly glad things are calm now."

Cat shook her head, throwing off any lingering feelings of malaise she had been experiencing. Dwelling on the past never cleared the path to the future. Leo would come back eventually, and between then there were always messages and maybe a sneaky trip to Risa. That last thought reminded her of something.

"Looks like you got a bit of sun. Glad I opted to stay onboard this time 'round. I'd have ended up looking like a lobster with freckles. I have this fancy moisturizer I got from Risa last leave we had there. It's some herbal blend that's near on miraculous for a burn. I'll bring it by for our movie night." She was looking forward to their weekly get-together. Growing up in the artisan colony, there hadn't really been many kids her age. Now it seemed she was making up for lost time and enjoying it.

[Time Jump ~4 Hours]
[Athena - Ashlynn's Quarters]

Cat woke up in the dark, slightly disoriented. She activated her wrist PADD and glanced around in the dim light. Oh right, sleepover in Ash's quarters. She rubbed her bleary eyes and sat up, adjusting the zipper on her fuzzy skeleton onesie pajamas so it wasn't biting into her neck. She wasn't sure what woke her up, but she had a weird sense something was off. As she sat there, she debated whether to wake Ash up or chalk it up to too much junk food before bed. The feeling refused to go away, and if she was gonna be up, Ash could too. With a gentle hand, she nudged her shoulder to get her attention.

"Hey Ash, I think something weird is going on." Cat shook her shoulder a little more urgently.

Tell me your troubles and doubts. Giving me everything inside and out...

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2017, 11:31:57 am »
[cargo bay]

D'Vid was not himself now. His eyes glared at two crew members. The floating Engineer knew who they were the enemy

A smile grew on his face. The crew members was about to reach for their com badge. That was when the caped crusader pointed hands out at them. The cape glowed a bloodish with gold tint. He allowed a energy blast shoot from cape itself like an eagle. The shot flew hitting the crew member back to the wall and that one dropped to the ground with a thud.

The other crew member froze. Then it was imp grin grew on his face. How do ye plead? he levitated close to the crew member. Then the crew member reached for it comm badge again. He had touched it,   =/\= Sec---  =/\= he was cut off as the cape crusader grabbed the crew member by his head. Holding him around the neck as he was going to snap his neck. Do you pledge to me? LORD KREM ruler above all names!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 11:35:47 am by D'Vid »

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2017, 01:15:59 pm »
[Bridge]

James still hadn't warmed back into the full extent of his powers yet, but that didn't stop him from being able to teleport at short range. He appeared near the center of the bridge facing away from the view screen....and still floating. "Good. Just where I need to be." He thought out loud slowly shifting his gaze to Susan. "You. Tell me where the rest of my armor is, or I'm going to have to kill you all." It was a direct as it got, but the new entity inside James's body didn't have time for formalities.

[Bridge]

"Odd. Let's see about dispat-" Constance began to say calmly to Susan but suddenly James, wearing an odd helmet, appeared before her.
"Mr. Carter I-"
Again she was cut off, but this time it was by the strange, booming, voice, James had used. Not good.

Constance placed her hot beverage down on the chair and looked at James with her hawkish analytic gaze, alarm and concern on her face "It is a pleasure to have you on my bridge. I unfortunately don't know where this armor is that you are looking for but perhaps we can help you look for it." She offered suspiciously, but respectfully. She'd been in enough odd situations in her time to know something dangerous when it presented itself to her. Caution was the better part of valor in this case...

Pings on security began to go off all around the ship and, the security ensign standing at the tactical station chose that moment to draw his phaser and fire a stunning blast at James. 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 01:17:20 pm by Constance Lafayette »

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2017, 01:27:31 pm »
[Outside Ash's Quarters]

Disturbing the relative silence was a blood-curdling, bestial, bellow of pure anger. Heavy footsteps thudded along the hallway for a few seconds before stopping before Ash's door. Silence sat heavy in the air for a few seconds before another bestial rage-scream split the air, followed quickly by an axe head suddenly ripping though the door. It pulled out and two hands gripped the hole ripped it wide open like it was tinfoil. Standing before the destroyed door was Professor Danger. His shirt was in tatters, his muscles swollen, his face contorted in pure anger, his eyes bloodshot, every vein popping out from his skin, and he was panting like an injured beast. In his hand was a great double-headed axe. He screamed again in a berserk rage.

"I!!!!"

"AM!!!!!"

"KREMMMMMMMM AHHHHHHH!!!!!!"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 01:30:36 pm by Constance Lafayette »

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2017, 01:33:09 pm »
[Bridge]

The phaser bolt made direct contact with James' chest, yet the man...or at least the entity inside of the man remained entirely unmoved. "Wrong answer." With a blinding burst of speed Krem charged the security officer. Before the officer could react his throat was in Carter's hand and he was being lifted into the air. With an audible crack his neck snapped in the former first officers hand and the security officer took his last breath. "This is what comes of disappointing me." James released the Ensign and watched him slunk to the floor before turning back to the center of the bridge. "Now, let's try this again. Scan the exact space around my helmet, that should tell you, and by extension me where the rest of my armor is. The sooner we do that, the sooner I can leave the ship and the less people die."

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2017, 01:51:00 pm »
[Bridge]

Constance flinched as the ensign was killed, her face darkening. Still- she retained her composure,
"Certainly Mr. ... I don't believe we got your name." She began, "But it will take time to preform the scan. It could take up to an hour to get a good scan then to run an intense scan on the entire ship." She lied, hoping Susan would pick up on her ruse. They needed time to think and get information on this new foe... whoever it was.

Offline Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2017, 02:07:06 pm »
[Athena - Mess Hall]

Cat hugged Ash warmly, a genuine smile brightening her features. Her cheery optimism was infectious, and made the half-Betazoid realize all that she still had to be thankful for. To some it may have been just a simple jar of dirt, but it really was a lovely shade and lately Cat had been filling her office shelves with bits and mementos from planet's they'd visited. It was a very thoughtful gift indeed, just another of the acts of kindness the young woman performed so effortlessly.

"Both the sand and the book are lovely, but I think the best gift is having you for a friend, Ash." Her hazel eyes glinted as she picked up 'Treasure Island' and looked it over. "That was certainly an exciting mission, but I think reading about pirates may be a safer pastime than trying to fight them. I'm certainly glad things are calm now."

Cat shook her head, throwing off any lingering feelings of malaise she had been experiencing. Dwelling on the past never cleared the path to the future. Leo would come back eventually, and between then there were always messages and maybe a sneaky trip to Risa. That last thought reminded her of something.

"Looks like you got a bit of sun. Glad I opted to stay onboard this time 'round. I'd have ended up looking like a lobster with freckles. I have this fancy moisturizer I got from Risa last leave we had there. It's some herbal blend that's near on miraculous for a burn. I'll bring it by for our movie night." She was looking forward to their weekly get-together. Growing up in the artisan colony, there hadn't really been many kids her age. Now it seemed she was making up for lost time and enjoying it.

[Time Jump ~4 Hours]
[Athena - Ashlynn's Quarters]

Cat woke up in the dark, slightly disoriented. She activated her wrist PADD and glanced around in the dim light. Oh right, sleepover in Ash's quarters. She rubbed her bleary eyes and sat up, adjusting the zipper on her fuzzy skeleton onesie pajamas so it wasn't biting into her neck. She wasn't sure what woke her up, but she had a weird sense something was off. As she sat there, she debated whether to wake Ash up or chalk it up to too much junk food before bed. The feeling refused to go away, and if she was gonna be up, Ash could too. With a gentle hand, she nudged her shoulder to get her attention.

"Hey Ash, I think something weird is going on." Cat shook her shoulder a little more urgently.

[Time Jump: ~4 Hours]
[Ash's Quarters]

Ash pushed herself faster through the undergrowth by the rockface, legs pumping as she sailed through the woods. Her breathing was ragged and her pulse pounding in her head, but all she could think was, Faster... Faster... Her wobbling legs couldn't take much more of this though. Branches whipped at her face and exposed arms as she darted through the trees, searching for... something... What am I looking for?

Her confusion was quickly forgotten as she attempted to leap over a log and landed unsteadily, stumbling to the ground as gravity took over. Ash lied panting as her eyes darted over her surroundings. Hide, hide - something's coming. I need to hide NOW. Over to her left her eyes caught on a shallow opening near the base of the rocky wall that rose to her left. Without so much as a second thought, she dragged herself over to the bear den and curled into the shadows. As she watched the entrance with shaking breath, she felt something nudge her shoulder. "Not now," she hissed to the bear behind her, seemingly unconcerned about its presence. "We don't want him to find us..." When the bear nudged her again, this time more forcefully, she finally turned around-

"Cat?" Ash blinked her eyes sleepily and shook off the remnant of the dream. Already it was fading from memory. I was running and... looking for... something. And there was something about a bear? She rubbed her eyes and looked at her friend, illuminated by the glow of her PADD. "Of course something weird is going on. We're awake. In the middle of the night. When we should be sleeping." Her voice was slightly slurred as she spoke, but she pulled herself up into a sitting position anyway and looked around.

The room seemed pretty quiet, but Cat was right; something felt off. "What do you think-" She cut herself off as a faint roar sounded from down the hall. Suddenly she was wide awake and putting her shoes on, throwing a robe on over her sort-of-revealing-but-super-comfy nightgown (who cares if the robe looked like it belonged to part of a wizard costume?). She motioned Cat to follow her suit and whispered, "Do you know what made that noise?"

[Outside Ash's Quarters]

Disturbing the relative silence was a blood-curdling, bestial, bellow of pure anger. Heavy footsteps thudded along the hallway for a few seconds before stopping before Ash's door. Silence sat heavy in the air for a few seconds before another bestial rage-scream split the air, followed quickly by an axe head suddenly ripping though the door. It pulled out and two hands gripped the hole ripped it wide open like it was tinfoil. Standing before the destroyed door was Professor Danger. His shirt was in tatters, his muscles swollen, his face contorted in pure anger, his eyes bloodshot, every vein popping out from his skin, and he was panting like an injured beast. In his hand was a great double-headed axe. He screamed again in a berserk rage.

"I!!!!"

"AM!!!!!"

"KREMMMMMMMM AHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Ash shrieked as they were affronted by the source of the disturbance, head on (literally). She backed up against Cat, getting as far from the door as possible and searched for something - anything - to use for defense. I need a - a shield. Something. Ummm.... Her mind flew to her frying pan, but that was in the mess hall. If they could get there... Her eyes caught on Cat's moisturizer sitting on the table next to her. She learned the hard way last night that that stuff burned when it got in your eyes.

She slowly reached out with her right hand and wrapped her fingers around the still open container, while her left hand grabbed Catrin's and squeezed. She didn't risk taking her eyes off the deranged lunatic who was quickly ripping open the door to explain her plan. She just hoped Cat understood enough to run.

When the axe-weilding maniac completely broke through, Ash didn't hesitate. She threw the oil at his face, the delicate glass bottle shattering against his cheek, serving as a distraction if nothing else. Ash didn't wait around to see as she pulled Catrin into a dead sprint for the door. Ash's wizard robes flew behind her as she ducked through the wrecked doorway and started the wild run down the hallway. Faster... Faster... If they could make it to the mess hall a few doors down, they'd be safe - At least, that's what she told herself.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 10:36:43 am by Ashlynn Ren Morgaine »

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2017, 02:12:15 pm »
[Professor Danger]

The yell of anger turned into a yell of pain as the oil got in Professor Danger's eyes. He gribbed at them for a second before just powering through it- his eyes now irritated, watering, and red but open nonetheless. Still- Ash had managed to scoot by him. When he realized this he lost all other interest and howled savagely before thundering off after her. As he ran, heavy footsteps echoing behind her, he wildly swung his axe- leaving gashes and holes as he went.

His command turned into a horse-voiced scream. He was gaining- but didn't seem to know the layout of the hallways like Ash did.

Offline Arrun Dihsar

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Knowing your destiny is only half the journey.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2017, 03:27:59 pm »
[Passageway]

The body of Arrun, clad with a crimson breastplate, floated down the hallways, sneaking around, listening, waiting; there had to be more out to get him; there was no way there couldn't be more out to get...

The Prophets are my guide, I am their humble servant, I am of Bajor; The Prophets are my guide, I am their humble servant, I am of Bajor. The Prophets are my guide, I am their humble servant, I am of Bajor

...and now some alien was in his head mumbling about their strange alien gods; made it hard to think, hard to concentrate. He would strike his own skull if he thought it would help, but he had to be careful; being unconscious right now would mean death.

[Professor Danger]

The floating body of Arrun froze at the warrior's cry, it was one of his rivals, likely one of the strongest; one who could kill him. He could escape, but he had little time. He had no choice, he would have to ambush him. He could hear footsteps, his body guards no doubt. So the floating body of Arrun flattened his back against a wall in the hidden niche and waited; filling his chest with a ball of killing energy that would burn down even the toughest of warriors. He would rather take a captive and torture them, but he could not afford it right now.

When two women came running by, each clad in outlandish uniforms, he squared his chest and began to fi-

THE PROPHETS ARE MY GUIDE, I AM THEIR HUMBLE SERVANT, I AM OF BAJOR; THE PROPHETS ARE MY GUIDE, I AM THEIR HUMBLE SERVANT, I AM OF BAJORTHE PROPHETS ARE MY GUIDE, I AM THEIR HUMBLE SERVANT, I AM OF BAJOR

...Arrun could barely speak, barely think, but he had to stop this madman. He was going to try kill more of the crew. If he could just...

Cat and Ash would see Arrun standing in the niche, his chest aglow with pulsing red energy gathered in the middle of his blood-red breastplate; yet, for some reason he did nothing as they continued to run by him; Arrun's eyes wide and tear-filled, mumbling a broken up prayer of some kind.

When the Axe wielding rival of arrived, the floating body of Arrun froze in absolute terror: this was a warrior with the eye to kill; maybe if he just did nothing he would not-

COWARDS ARE DENIED STO-VA-KOR, SHOOT;COWARDS ARE DENIED STO-VA-KOR, SHOOT; COWARDS ARE DENIED STO-VA-KOR, SHOOT!

The alien in his head had a point, Krem would not be denied his rightful place in Sto-va-kor so he roared in his terror, "I AM KREM THE DESTROYER AND YOU WILL DIE!" and fired his ball of death at the axe wielding warrior.

Offline Susan Venator

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • 'One man's "magic" is another man's engineering!'
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2017, 05:32:55 pm »
[Bridge]

Constance flinched as the ensign was killed, her face darkening. Still- she retained her composure,
"Certainly Mr. ... I don't believe we got your name." She began, "But it will take time to preform the scan. It could take up to an hour to get a good scan then to run an intense scan on the entire ship." She lied, hoping Susan would pick up on her ruse. They needed time to think and get information on this new foe... whoever it was.

Bridge

As soon as the Captain said the scan would take an hour, Suzie realised that she must be playing for time. Being a former Ops officer herself, the Captain would know better than most how long a scan would take. Suzie decided to play along, figuring it would not hurt.

She immediately began activating controls, making sure the scan was as long and drawn out as possible. She even took the precaution of encrypting the feed, using an algorithm that she had cooked up while at the academy, so only she could read the results. She doubted it would hold a competent person for very long, but it would buy enough time.

"Scan beginning Captain." She reported as calmly as she could, thanking the stars that she had meditated earlier. "We should have results in just over an hour." She added.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles