Athena Mission 2.7: The Armor of Krem the Destroyer

Started by Constance Lafayette, September 01, 2017, 11:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Carter

[Mess Hall]

A lot happened in a very brief moment. Seconds turned to days as Krem began analyzing the current situation. This was not one of the outcomes he'd anticipated so now he was thinking on the fly. He knew from his host's mind that normal people couldn't live in space, and this crew was his bargaining chip to freedom. He knew what he had to do, and it was going to hurt, a lot. The warlord made a quick dash for the few people left inside the room and grabbed onto them. He focused as hard as he could on a place that wasn't there and then with a loud boom the entire group was teleported to a new place. Even with his new boost in power, this nearly killed him. Nearly. He fell to his knees in pain as the nanobots slowly healed him. "Run, all of you. Before my counterparts find us. In this state I can't hold them off, I'm as good as dead." His voice was faint, but still carried a booming tone.

Constance Lafayette

[Athena- Bridge]

Constance nodded. More information. This was good. She was never particularly creative, but she was a quick study. While she had an encyclopedic knowledge of Starfleet Regulations and bylaws this didn't bring anything to mind.

"Very well. You will have access to our sensor information once our officers have run the scan." She said. Every bit of information put them one step closer to winning... whatever winning entailed.

Constance turned her attention from this "Lord Krem" fellow that had taken over James' body when Katheryn called, =/\= "Understood Ms. Carter. Do not antagonize them. They are a danger to the ship. Do your best to avoid them at all costs." =/\=

Constance nodded to Susan.
"There you go Lord Krem. You have your information."
Then, using her implant, she sent Susan a message. It was clipped and short- sending with the implant was like trying to paint on an Etch A Sketch:
Transport crew away from Krems when can to safe areas.
Get team on it.
Keep away from Krems.

She was examining the information Susan had just gathered. It was not unlike borg signatures but of a different verity. No... they were not borg but they WERE biomechanical in some way. She searched her brain for the term she was looking for but since the surgery it felt like she had forgotten some things some times.

Nanomachines! That was what it was. Alien, advanced, ancient, nanomachines. She needed to get a message to her officers. She didn't know what to do with the data herself but she knew that her crew was more than capable of it.

[Aft Recreation Room- Prof. Danger]
Prof. Danger, the Axe-Wielding Krem, was nowhere to be found. Or, at least, his pursuit of the others seemed to have gotten him lost. He had, however, happened upon an opportunity while in the aft recreation room. He was holding the crumbled and broken corpse of a man who'd been holding onto a shield. It affixed itself to Prof. Danger's other arm with a sucking noise- his eyes flashed red and he began to chuckle.

"Yes... this was what I needed. I feel it... I am becoming whole again... almost alive again. I know it's just programing but... I feel like me again... just a few more pieces to go." He said, a murderous and manic laugh coming from behind his words.

In one hand he had a shield.
In the other an axe.
Now was the time to call them...

In the minds of those possessed by the armor a call went out. A challenge. A murderous one.

"COME TO ME MY MANY PARTS! WE WILL SEE WHO IS MOST LIKE KREM! ONCE WE HAVE SETTLED THIS- OUR EMPIRE MAY BE REBUILT!"

They knew the location he spoke of in the same way a salmon knows where to spawn. It was the shuttle bay and in no time all would arrive.

With the sound of shifting sands and wind, the possessed Professor Danger disappeared from the lounge and appeared in the shuttle bay.

[Athena- Bridge]
When the Carter-Krem disapeared Constance took her chance. She didn't know how long she'd have or even if Carter-Krem was still able to hear her so she made it quick. She dove for the Captain's chair and hit the ship-wide message button, speaking rapidly.

=/\= "Attention all crew! The beings on our ship are possessed by nanomachines! They are advanced and no doubt shielded. Use your judgement. Repel the invaders! Anti-borg measures or electromagnetics may be effective." =/\=

"Susan- where are they now?!" She asked standing up when she didn't die from Carter-Krem's displeasure.

[Mess Hall]
A decompression alarm sounded in the mess hall- a window had been broken. It took several seconds as the system was under stress but the emergency containment fields took effect- sealing the hole and protecting it from space.

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Susan Venator

Quote from: Constance Lafayette on September 17, 2017, 04:45:09 PM

[Athena- Bridge]

Constance nodded. More information. This was good. She was never particularly creative, but she was a quick study. While she had an encyclopedic knowledge of Starfleet Regulations and bylaws this didn't bring anything to mind.

"Very well. You will have access to our sensor information once our officers have run the scan." She said. Every bit of information put them one step closer to winning... whatever winning entailed.

Constance turned her attention from this "Lord Krem" fellow that had taken over James' body when Katheryn called, =/\= "Understood Ms. Carter. Do not antagonize them. They are a danger to the ship. Do your best to avoid them at all costs." =/\=

Constance nodded to Susan.
"There you go Lord Krem. You have your information."
Then, using her implant, she sent Susan a message. It was clipped and short- sending with the implant was like trying to paint on an Etch A Sketch:
Transport crew away from Krems when can to safe areas.
Get team on it.
Keep away from Krems.

She was examining the information Susan had just gathered. It was not unlike borg signatures but of a different verity. No... they were not borg but they WERE biomechanical in some way. She searched her brain for the term she was looking for but since the surgery it felt like she had forgotten some things some times.

Nanomachines! That was what it was. Alien, advanced, ancient, nanomachines. She needed to get a message to her officers. She didn't know what to do with the data herself but she knew that her crew was more than capable of it.

[Aft Recreation Room- Prof. Danger]
Prof. Danger, the Axe-Wielding Krem, was nowhere to be found. Or, at least, his pursuit of the others seemed to have gotten him lost. He had, however, happened upon an opportunity while in the aft recreation room. He was holding the crumbled and broken corpse of a man who'd been holding onto a shield. It affixed itself to Prof. Danger's other arm with a sucking noise- his eyes flashed red and he began to chuckle.

"Yes... this was what I needed. I feel it... I am becoming whole again... almost alive again. I know it's just programing but... I feel like me again... just a few more pieces to go." He said, a murderous and manic laugh coming from behind his words.

In one hand he had a shield.
In the other an axe.
Now was the time to call them...

In the minds of those possessed by the armor a call went out. A challenge. A murderous one.

"COME TO ME MY MANY PARTS! WE WILL SEE WHO IS MOST LIKE KREM! ONCE WE HAVE SETTLED THIS- OUR EMPIRE MAY BE REBUILT!"

They knew the location he spoke of in the same way a salmon knows where to spawn. It was the shuttle bay and in no time all would arrive.

With the sound of shifting sands and wind, the possessed Professor Danger disappeared from the lounge and appeared in the shuttle bay.

[Athena- Bridge]
When the Carter-Krem disapeared Constance took her chance. She didn't know how long she'd have or even if Carter-Krem was still able to hear her so she made it quick. She dove for the Captain's chair and hit the ship-wide message button, speaking rapidly.

=/\= "Attention all crew! The beings on our ship are possessed by nanomachines! They are advanced and no doubt shielded. Use your judgement. Repel the invaders! Anti-borg measures or electromagnetics may be effective." =/\=

"Susan- where are they now?!" She asked standing up when she didn't die from Carter-Krem's displeasure.

[Mess Hall]
A decompression alarm sounded in the mess hall- a window had been broken. It took several seconds as the system was under stress but the emergency containment fields took effect- sealing the hole and protecting it from space.
Bridge

Susie nodded and began transporting members of the crew who were closest to the artefacts into safe areas of the ship. While she was doing that, and without lifting her head she replied to the other request.

"Commander Carter is in the mess hall. The signature has suddenly doubled in strength, so I would assume he has acquired another artefact. The other main signature, which appears to be Professor Danger, is in the aft recreation room. I am moving as many of the crew as possible to safe areas of the ship. Cargo and shuttle bays. I have also alerted all security personnel to equip themselves with the rotating modulating phasers. I have notified Sickbay of the results of the scan so they may take the appropriate treatments." She reported.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Arrun Dihsar

[Outer Space, Near Athena]

Krem heard the call, it superseded the alien voice, was far more important. He was frightened, but he could not run away. He would not be able to escape, only the destruction of his rivals would see him ever safe again. With concentrated thought, he vanished and reappeared closer and closer to the Athena.

[Shuttlebay, Athena]

Thankfully, Krem had been to the shuttlebay before, had battled there. So he knew exactly where to hide. When he teleported in, he hid behind a cargo container on the far side and peeked around the corner ever so slightly. Seeing the Axe-warrior now had a shield as well; he immediately hid again, in hopes he could not be sensed. He could no fathom how he could win, surely the others had the same idea as he; then again he seemed the only one with enough sense to be wary of his enemies; which was an advantage of its own.

The Prophets are my guide, I am their humble servant, I am of Bajor; The Prophets are my guide, I am their humble servant, I am of Bajor. The Prophets are my guide, I am their humble servant, I am of Bajor

Arrun was still there, somewhere, Krem could hear his thoughts. The Bajoran had no more plans, no more tricks, it was only going to do all it could to frustrate Krem's thoughts. The Bajoran was afraid; afraid for his crew; afraid for his own life; afraid he was going to fail his gods. But, for once, his fear was not on Krem but on the ax-wielding warrior. Arrun knew as well as Krem they were at a disadvantage.

Caleb Brighton

[ Mess Hall ]

Time seemed to slow in a moment. There was the shatter of the window. So many things went through his mind. He hadn't properly said goodbye to his love. However, they knew this might happen. A single tear escaped his eye as the love of his life turned to him. He knew he couldn't get to her in time in order to hold her. There was nothing he could do, but accept his fate. As he felt his consciousness fade, he began to welcome death as an old friend rather than an enemy for taking away his parents.

[ Medical Bay ]

Alphonse looked over Caleb and Edward looked over Katheryn. Wendy rubbed her temples. "How are they doing? Wendy asked nervous. She didn't like how the boys were not answering when they could be in danger. She then called on the Emergency Medical Hologram.  While she waited, Edward looked over to Alphonse. "Al please tell me that you are getting any mental readings. Katheryn is very faint," Ed said as he was looking at his PADD and running multiple scans. Alphonse continued to take readings, hoping to find something. It took a long few moments before he registered a blip. "Big Brother I am getting a reading. I think Katheryn was more affected," Alphonse said. Wendy then began to pace as the Hologram hadn't taken that long before to respond.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

[Mess Hall]

Ash juggled the contents of her arms and made to hold the door of the kitchen open for Cat - armed just as heavily as she. (Well, armed in the loosest sense of the world). Ash had her frying pan hooked on her robe, a cookie tray strapped to her left forearm, and the pineapple from earlier clutched in her hands. Her robe pockets were loaded up with potatoes, dragonfruit, apples and other decidedly painful produce. Ash might have laughed if her heart wasn't still racing with nerves. It was ridiculous after all, like something out of a goofy, old Earth cartoon.

Ash opened her mouth to comment likewise to her friend, when suddenly Commander Carter seemed to appear out of nowhere and plow into her. "James! Wha-?" She gripped his shirt to keep from toppling to the ground as he continued racing for Catrin as well.

Quote from: James Carter on September 17, 2017, 03:34:06 PM

[Mess Hall]

A lot happened in a very brief moment. Seconds turned to days as Krem began analyzing the current situation. This was not one of the outcomes he'd anticipated so now he was thinking on the fly. He knew from his host's mind that normal people couldn't live in space, and this crew was his bargaining chip to freedom. He knew what he had to do, and it was going to hurt, a lot. The warlord made a quick dash for the few people left inside the room and grabbed onto them. He focused as hard as he could on a place that wasn't there and then with a loud boom the entire group was teleported to a new place. Even with his new boost in power, this nearly killed him. Nearly. He fell to his knees in pain as the nanobots slowly healed him. "Run, all of you. Before my counterparts find us. In this state I can't hold them off, I'm as good as dead." His voice was faint, but still carried a booming tone.

It was only when a loud boom and a sudden spurt of dizziness struck her that she noticed the helmet perched atop his head. Oh! Not James! NotJamesNotjamesNotJames... Ash shoved herself away from the James-Who-Wasn't-James as he stumbled to his knees, hefting her pineapple as if she were going to pelt it directly at his head... But paused as he spoke.

The man in front of her may be wearing the same armour as the maniacs that had nearly killed them earlier, but he was different for some reason. The fact that he seemed to be rescuing them also earned him a few points in Ash's mind. And as dangerous as she knew he was... That was James in there somewhere; she couldn't just leave him, could she?

Before she really knew what she was doing, Ash tucked her pineapple into her only free pocket - an awkward bulge and cumbersome weight - and grabbed one of Not James's arms. "Cat, help me with his other arm! I don't want to be here when old axe-face comes around." Oh God, what am I doing? We should be running! I'm so stupid, I'm going to get us both killed and- Ash exhaled as she looked around their new location. "Do you know where we are? Where can we go that's safe?"

James Carter

[Corridor - 10 Meters from Mess Hall]

Krem felt slightly hazy. The teleport had hurt worse than he'd expected, but the pain was slowly easing up as he healed. His powers were all but gone for the time being, but that wouldn't be the case permanently. As he felt Ash grab his arm he began to shake his head and struggled up to a stand on his own. "You need to go. I can't protect you while I'm weakened like this, and it's only a matter of time before they find us." There wasn't really time for lying, so Krem skipped right to being blunt instead. "I'm not even sure that I can protect my host in this state. The others, they're not like me. They'll kill on sight, and if I'm dead there won't be anything standing in their way to killing you, and I didn't go through all of this pain for you to die anyways." A large part of him wished he hadn't put himself through all of that pain. After all, the captain would surely understand that people died due to something out of his control. But it was far too late to change anything now.

D'Vid

[out side mess hall]

Glorious as the window shattered and the Krem, the Cape was holding on his victory crown. He would be wearing one if they had it. He gave a haughty laugh. This was crazy and fun. The battle was one of the biggest rush he craved. The beast of the warrior was like a hungry lion. To be the true king of all.

Then he had heard the challenge from the Krem with the helmet. Really? He dares them all for a gladiator meet. Fine. He would find his way there. There was no need for him to injury himself from teleporting there.

He recalled he was in the back of this metal ship. He saw how far he was. Sad. He knew he needed to be on the other end. Well. He had a idea. He made a short teleport inside. Which had made him appear in a empty turbo shaft. He saw a door. He blasted it open.

The mad victor grabbed a security guard who was caught off guard. He picked him up. "Bring me to the cargo bay....now!"

Meanwhile they work their way, Krem the cape was figuring that the others would attack the Helmet who challenge them would be weak or they would all be weaken. They all wanted the same. He was the strongest. He had believed in that.

And when he gets there. By the time he got there. He would have his strength up to par as the others would be weaken. It was an excellent tactic. It was indeed. He was laughing as he pushed the security guard forward. The guard was indeed doing the job.

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Constance Lafayette

[Athena- Bridge]

Constance listened to what Susan said and nodded, "It seems like they are growing in strength... that's not a development I wanted to hear... regardless, we must find a way to disable the nanomachines within them." She said out loud. Susan was one heck of an ops officer- getting that info in such a short time and coordinating like she did spoke volumes about her.

Tapping her badge she called med bay,  =/\="Dr. Brighton- how are you handling the injured? How many do we have?" =/\= She asked strictly and matter-of-factly. She wasn't upset- just down to business as per normal.

Then, checking to see where her crew was, she saw Ash was in the Mess Hall... where Susan had reported James-Krem to be at...

=/\= "Ms. Morgaine. What is the situation down there?! Are you injured? Do you need evac? =/\=

[Prof. Danger- Shuttlebay]

When he didn't know WHERE he was, the axe-wielding Krem knew that the situation had changed. Someone was here. He just smiled.

"COME OUT, COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!"

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: James Carter on September 19, 2017, 04:41:28 PM

[Corridor - 10 Meters from Mess Hall]

Krem felt slightly hazy. The teleport had hurt worse than he'd expected, but the pain was slowly easing up as he healed. His powers were all but gone for the time being, but that wouldn't be the case permanently. As he felt Ash grab his arm he began to shake his head and struggled up to a stand on his own. "You need to go. I can't protect you while I'm weakened like this, and it's only a matter of time before they find us." There wasn't really time for lying, so Krem skipped right to being blunt instead. "I'm not even sure that I can protect my host in this state. The others, they're not like me. They'll kill on sight, and if I'm dead there won't be anything standing in their way to killing you, and I didn't go through all of this pain for you to die anyways." A large part of him wished he hadn't put himself through all of that pain. After all, the captain would surely understand that people died due to something out of his control. But it was far too late to change anything now.

[Corridor Outside Mess Hall]

When Not-James moved to stand, Ash instinctively flinched back... Then felt immediately foolish for being so jumpy. As he spoke, her initial instinct was to protest, but the more he explained, the more she started to see the reason of his argument. Or maybe the more she realized how untrained she was, the nicer running sounded. Probably a combination of the two. She looked to Cat for confirmation as she opened her mouth to reply, but before she could say anything a message from the Captain came through.

Quote from: Constance Lafayette on September 20, 2017, 10:20:28 AM

=/\= "Ms. Morgaine. What is the situation down there?! Are you injured? Do you need evac? =/\=

=/\= "Captain!" =/\= The relief all but poured off her words as she spoke. Finally. Someone to make sense of this madness... =/\= "We're fine. We're in the corridor outside the mess hall right now. But what's happening?? We were sleeping when suddenly that professor broke into my quarters with an AXE and tried to kill us! Doctor Brighton, Chief Carter, Catrin, and I holed up in the mess hall to hide, and Cat and I did our best to arm ourselves, but then we saw D'Vid floating OUTSIDE. In SPACE. Without an EV suit. And THEN he started trying to break the window in!! But the Jam- Not James. Commander Carter isn't himself either - But he came and saved Cat and I. And he thinks we're all in danger of the other affected people here, so the four of us need to run while he stays behind... Wait..." =/\=

The story poured out of Ash with increasing speed, reaching a frantic pace just short of hysteria by the end, only to trail off abruptly. The wheels in Ash's mind were almost visibly turning as she realized just who was with her. And, more importantly, who wasn't. =/\= "The docto- OH GOD, WHAT HAPPENED TO DOCTOR BRIGHTON AND CHIEF CARTER? Captain, they aren't with us. They were still in the mess hall. Oh God. What if the window broke? Can you see where they are?" =/\=

Susan Venator

[Athena- Bridge]

Constance listened to what Susan said and nodded, "It seems like they are growing in strength... that's not a development I wanted to hear... regardless, we must find a way to disable the nanomachines within them." She said out loud. Susan was one heck of an ops officer- getting that info in such a short time and coordinating like she did spoke volumes about her.

Tapping her badge she called med bay,  =/\="Dr. Brighton- how are you handling the injured? How many do we have?" =/\= She asked strictly and matter-of-factly. She wasn't upset- just down to business as per normal.

Then, checking to see where her crew was, she saw Ash was in the Mess Hall... where Susan had reported James-Krem to be at...

Bridge

While she had been transporting people out the way, she was also trying to figure out away to attack the nanites. She had an idea and the Captain, with her own technical background may be able to flesh it out.

"Captain." She started a little hesitantly. "While I am no expert on nano technology, the way I understand it from the courses I did take at the Academy, we have two options. The first is to send out a tuned pulse wave that will disrupt the nanites and prevent them from replicating. This will mean that they will soon cease to function. The other option would be to create a bio-mechanical virus and use that to attack the nanites directly. Both ways are risky as we have no way to predict what type of side effects they would be. The simplest method would be the pulse. I can re-configure the internal sensors to emit the pulse easily enough, but getting the correct frequency will be another matter." She reported.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Caleb Brighton

[ Medical Bay ]

While Wendy paced, her stomach sank. Edward's hands clutched into fists. He couldn't help, but to let his anger overwhelm him for a moment "If I ever see the asshat who did this to Caleb and Katheryn, he's going to meet Ol' Betsy"Edward said clutching his metallic prosthetic hand into a fist. Alphonse was going to do hos damnedest to keep his brother in check. He walked over and places his hands on his older brother's shoulders.  "You and I both know Mr. D'vid is not himself right now. The important part is Caleb and Katheryn are here now. I just checked and it seems Ash, Carter, and Catrin seem ok too,"Alphonse said as he looked at his PADD once he removed his hands.

Wendy continued to pace as she waited for the EMH. She she did the pit in her stomach grew more and more as time passed. What was taking so long? While she was waiting one of her worst fears happened.

Wendy's heart raced as she looked over at Edward and Alphonse. Should she be truthful? She did know that the Captain should know, but at the moment she didn't know if he would wake up or not. She finally made the decision to tell the Captian the dire situation about Caleb and Katheryn. When she went to tap on her combadge, Caleb grabbed her hand. She jumped, but he gave her a nod to do so.

=/\= "Katheryn and I are in bad shape. I am just barely awake after a near coma and my fiance has not woken up. I am not sure of total casualties, but I am sure Wendy and Edward can fill us in down here. We are going to be creating a barricade in here. No one in or out unless it is beaming. I am not messing around after nearly dieing in the mess hall. I have no idea at this second where the others are from the mess hall, but Al just handed me his PADD and it seems that Catrin, Carter, and Ash are safe for now. I do not know for how long  =/\=" While Caleb said this, his voice was weak and his tone was thankful to be alive, angry at the situation, and scared his beloved might be dead.

"Be frank with me all of you, He began as he was trying to get his wits. "How is she? Do not sugar coat it. I have had to bury lovers before so I need to know now if she is ok or not." Edward decided he would tell Caleb. "Caleb she is not dead,but she came in the same way you did. Her mental readings are weak and so is her breathing," Edward said. Caleb tried to get up and almost fell over. He hobbled over to his lover laying in slumber on a medical bed beside him. He kissed her forehead and hand her hand. Tears were forming in his eyes and he was mentally begging for her to be ok.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Arrun Dihsar

[Prof. Danger- Shuttlebay]

When he didn't know WHERE he was, the axe-wielding Krem knew that the situation had changed. Someone was here. He just smiled.

"COME OUT, COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!"

[Shuttlebay]

Krem found himself breathing, consciously breathing, concentrating on breath. For the briefest of moments, he understood a peaceful mind. Then it occured to him, the Bajoran's voice was gone, it was just him in his head. Krem didn't know what to think, was this a ploy? No, Arrun ran out of those during the shuttle trap he attempted. No, Arrun had stopped fearing Krem and instead feared the ax-wielding maniac who looked to be enjoying himself. Arrun understood fear, he understood paranoid, it was hidden in the eye of every Bajoran survivor he had ever met. Krem knew this, but what good was it going to be....to be....at one with this alien and his memories? It wasn't a bat'leth and it wasn't a disruptor. Instead, he was doing calming breathing exercises the strange Bajoran priests used.

This was Arrun helping, in his own feeble way. "Well, I guess I am a little calmer." He muttered. And he needed to stay calm if he wanted to destroy this maniac and take back the parts of his armor. He looked around and saw a nearby Type-3 Phaser from a nearby defeated security officer from earlier. Hiding would only give time for more warriors to show up. Krem had to act; as Arrun had reminded him: cowards don't get to goto Sto-va-kor; and being denied that was far more frightening than any defeat would muster from him.

Krem then leapt out from his hiding spot and scooped up the phaser rifle unleashing a short volley of energy fire at the axe-warrior from his chest plate before making a run to find cover by a nearby shuttle craft.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on September 20, 2017, 09:47:32 PM

[ Medical Bay ]
"Be frank with me all of you, He began as he was trying to get his wits. "How is she? Do not sugar coat it. I have had to bury lovers before so I need to know now if she is ok or not." Edward decided he would tell Caleb. "Caleb she is not dead,but she came in the same way you did. Her mental readings are weak and so is her breathing," Edward said. Caleb tried to get up and almost fell over. He hobbled over to his lover laying in slumber on a medical bed beside him. He kissed her forehead and hand her hand. Tears were forming in his eyes and he was mentally begging for her to be ok.

[Medical Bay]

[Inside Katheryn's mind]

Katheryn found herself walking through a lush green filled walkway with various trees and plants on each side of a small winding dirt path one that seemed very familiar to her but couldn't remember where from. As she continued she felt a sense of calm and that nothing was going to hurt her and took in the view until she came to the end of the path and spotted a waterfall right in front of her. Memories of jumping off the nearby cliff and into the clear filled water below came rushing back to her and stood transfixed for what felt like hours but in fact was only minutes before turning towards an almost pink looking tree that was tinged with different coloured leaves.

Whether it was instinct or something else she knew that she wanted to go over and sit underneath it and didn't hesitate as she walked over and sat down feeling how soft the ground was beneath her and leaned back against the trunk, closing her eyes to the sweet serenity of the moment, not moving as she enjoyed the peacefulness and gentle sounds of her surroundings. Keeping her eyes closed but smiling when she heard him approach and sit next to her, knowing there was no need for words as he then pulled her into a loving embrace.

[Reality]

Katheryn's mind had protected her from what had happened in the Mess Hall taking her to a moment where she had first been truly happy and content as the battle for consciousness took place and for those looking at her they would notice that her signs were beginning to improve. 

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

[ Medical Bay ]

Caleb looked over to Wendy, Ed, and Al. Ed seemed to be relieved. "She's stabilizing chief,"Ed said putting his hand on Caleb's shoulder. Caleb smiled nodding. He then kissed her hand. While he sat there, it seemed a switch turned off and another turned on. He stood up and looked over at his crew. Though they were visibly distressed, they seemed to hold it back less than Caleb did.

"Wendy I want you and Al scanning for those deceased and those who had any spikes in heart rate. From there I want you to check their location and vital signs. Ed, I wand you to talk with any remaining security officers who are in a safe location. From there we need to access cameras to cross reference what Al and Wendy find," Caleb began. "We can prioritize those who need surgery or just need to be here in general. Once we get them identified I want the deceased in the morgue and those who need help in a bed or off in the OR. Wendy I am glad you called the EMH, but where in blazes is she. It's no matter for now.Until further notice we are on lockdown until I say or we get the word from the bridge. Defend this area with your life if you have to I will not have the madman in here on an easy killing spree. Understood?" As Caleb said this, whatever sadness or anger he felt was on the back burner. His demeanor was that of the one day of the never ending surgeries.  Though he was not head of security, he still needed to protect his patients to the best of his ability.

Wendy, Ed, and Al agreed and responded accordingly. "Right," Caleb began. "I want you to be prepared for anything like normal, but the way this ship has fallen apart as of today, be prepared if we need to remove any shrapnel."  Wendy and Al began to get to work on the scans. Ed tapped on his combadge and began to hail any security officers to get a grasp on what was going on outside medical. He asked if anyone needed help and their location before he asked to tap into the security cameras.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.