Author Topic: S2:M1 - The Hero We Deserve  (Read 18772 times)

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S2:M1 - The Hero We Deserve
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2017, 02:42:59 pm »
[NPC Post - "Vengeance"]

[Passageways]

He was wearing a long brown jacket over a single piece Starfleet physical training suit. No boots. No one was looking at his feet, anyway. He looked like he was headed to the holodeck, or maybe the lower promenade to gamble or visit the Landing Strip. He certainly didn't look like he was about to apprehend a dangerous criminal.

"Hiya, lieutenant." A happy voice said.

"Hello...Oakley." He said, surprised. He rarely saw Ensign Oakley outside of work. Her catching him could equal very bad juju. He'd have to weigh his options, see how this omen felt after he'd gotten rid of her.

"You ok? I didn't mean to startle you." Oakley said. She was a young, fresh faced woman. With sharp features, dirty blonde hair, and a trim and petite figure, she was considered beautiful if one cared to look. He wasn't.

"I'm fine, Ensign." He said, still recovering. He hadn't been interrupted on the way to change since he'd started. Definitely a bad sign.

"Ok." Oakley said, and smiled kindly up at him. She was a shade under 5 feet, and he was easily six and a half. His height and build had always worked against him in engineering. They tended to run trim and slim or short and squat. The better to fit into compartments or tubes. He was forever banging his shins or head.

"Where ya headed? You want to grab a bite? A few of us are meeting at the Rose and Thistle now that work is done." She asked in a friendly way.

"No. I mean..." He said. He searched for his charm, and found it. He smiled, a handsome man, dark hair, brown skin, white teeth. Flashing dark eyes. "I'm going to the solarium. To...to think."

"Oh, sure, Lieutenant." Oakley said so kindly that his heart nearly broke. She cared for him a great deal, that much was clear. But not enough to make him uncomfortable. She even reached out as if to touch his shoulder in a kind way, but stopped. "Take care."

"You too," He said distantly, already gone. He moved on.

[Supply Room A139-1]

The suit was right where he'd left it: crammed into the the emergency parachute compartment of a spare escape pod. It wasn't rigged, otherwise the entire thing would have blown up in his face the moment he'd opened it.

He stripped quickly, down to his skivvies. The suit was gunmetal gray and black: the color of the Station's shadows. Around the neck and up the back and through the wrists were the plasma jets.

"=/\=Vengeance is mine.=/\=" He said. The suit activated with a soft hum. He pulled the hooded mask over his face:

He spoke the words, and he hovered softly in the supply room, and spoke more and dropped to the deck. The antigrav worked.

He threw his head forward, like a horse chuffing. The infrared vision worked; he could cycle through a half dozen other spectrums too, should he desire. He cocked his head like a quizzical dog: he suddenly heard a young enlisted man 20 meters away complaining about his supervisor. Audio was good to go. He threw his head back like a great beast ridding itself of a fly: his vision and hearing cleared back to normal. The final test: he extended his hand dramatically.

"BLAZE!" He shouted and a jet of superheated plasma shot out of the mantlet at his wrist, scorching the bulkhead. He flicked his wrist, sketching out a smoking V onto the wall. He nodded in satisfaction. He was online and ready to go.

It had taken him the better part of six months to build his new duds. Trading with the smugglers and merchants who called the Columbus home, filching parts during his shifts. Acquiring the special cloth, the metal buckles. And the mask: that had been especially problematic. It was a custom job, done by an artist who worked metal. He'd told the man it was for his son's Halloween outfit. All told, it had costed him more latinum, lost sleep and time than anything else he'd ever undertaken before. Ironic that his life had been taken from him in an instant of carelessness and that it had taken half a year to prepare to exact revenge.

The high price of success, but it was worth it. He had a hot date tonight, and he didn't want to be late.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 09:07:57 pm by Malcolm Adeyemi »

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • And in a moment, Knox realized it had all changed.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2017, 06:58:06 pm »
[NPC Inspector General Atal]

[DSR]

"I am Doctor Naira, Lieutenant Commander and Chief Medical Officer aboard the Starbase Columbus. I am neither related to nor involved in any sort of relationship with Captain Adeyemi, outside of our work relationship. We have never had any sort of romantic or sexual relationship."

"I have reviewed his medical records prior to him taking his position on the Columbus, during and after recovering from his injuries on Xa'zii Prime and I can state that I have not found anything to suggest that there is anything medically wrong with with the Captain that would in anyway impair his judgment."

"During the entirety of the incident I was not in the presence of the Captain, so I can not speak to any medical abnormalities that he may or may not have shown."

Atal made a note in his logs with regard to the fact that the Doctor was not in direct contact and as such could not assess Captain Adeyemi's medical or mental state during the incident.

Ahhh. Both the Chief of Ops nor the Lieutenant either.

"I am by no means an expert when it comes to the doctrine of his faith, but I do believe that he is highly opposed to the idea of suicide. From his prior actions, I do not believe him to be a danger to himself and certainly not those under his command. If he does bring harm unto himself, I believe it is because he tries to hard to protect those under his care."

"No, the Captain does not always follow my medical advice, but in my experience few Captains do. I don't believe it is his faith that prevents him from doing so but rather an inherent arrogance that comes with the rank. While I have seen him call upon his god while on duty, I have not seen him stand around waiting for some divine intervention in the event of in emergency. He relies on his crew for that and he is often in the lead, issuing orders and trying to protect his crew."
"You will have to ask Doctor Kece Lunn about that. He saw to the Captain's injuries following the incident and conducted the psychological evaluation. That is not my field of expertise."
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 08:26:50 pm by Katharoz Knox »

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Offline Thomas Jett

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Three year award Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2017, 08:32:50 pm »
[Dipomatic Situation Room]

As soon as Tom arrived in the Situation Room he walked towards T'Prina.  He smiled as he approached her and gently placed his hand on his pocket.  He barely made eye contact with Captain Ayemi and the stranger in the room.
The Stranger then said

Junior

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2017, 08:47:16 pm »

Junior

Solids....

Atal's blank expression did not change. His rather crude facial features betrayed little of his feelings, which were very little. He had no interest. 

"Computer. Let it be known that the voice heard is that of an unidentified human."

Looking to T'Prina.

"And, perhaps an acquaintance of Lt. T'Prina."

"It is highly irregular that the chosen Representative has an Advisor to which they do not attest at the beginning of the proceedings. Representative. State the name of your Advisor. Is there a conflict of interest economically or emotionally regarding him?"

Atal patiently awaited her response.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Offline Jenna McKinson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2017, 09:33:58 pm »
Puzzles
Dan took a seat at the table with Jenna and Molly. When he had settled he replied "Alright Jenna? Indeed I did have the same idea, I get the distinct feeling things about to hit the fan, hence I'm taking the time to read through and familiarise the Analyn program." He finished turning a PADD to show her briefly. He listened as Jenna told him about an issue in Holosuite 5. "Yeah, probably a troublesome photon emitter or something, Holosuite 5 has always been a bit of a pain."

A few moments later, he noted a small commotion going on towards the back of Puzzles which had caught the attraction of quite a few people, including security. "I wonder what's going on back there?" He casually asked nodding his head in that direction.

[ Puzzles ]

Jenna heard Dan's thoughts and looked where he was motioning subtly. Knowing Leanna, it was one of two things. It was either a meeting or something had happened. She had hoped it was not the latter as she knew Leanna did not need nor deserve anything horrible happening. Her heart sank a bit more when Alex approached. His demeanor spoke more words than could be spoken. In the short time she got to know him and the rest of the staff at Puzzles, she knew she could read Alex easiest.

" Hey Jenna, sorry to inform you all but the bar is now closed until tomorrow, Leanna is offering customers a free drink and meal when they return for the inconvenience". He said apologetically.

Molly looked a bit flustered, but Jenna gave her a look. She then turned to Alex. "Hey it's alright. I am no stranger to that. Here are some credits for the coffee. You tell Leanna if she needs to talk I am here. Even if I am on shift just leave me a video message," Jenna said getting up and paying for the table's coffees. She then led the small group out of Puzzles.  There was a bit of awkward silence, but Jenna's thoughts were going a million miles an hour.

Once the group was out of earshot of Puzzles, Molly finally spoke."Well this stinks. I wonder what's wrong,"Molly said. "Whatever happened it's bad," Jenna began. "I say from experience I know those looks and it's not good. Having worked a few bars with major incidents I can kind of make an educated guess," Jenna said to Molly. She then turned to Dan. "Chief do you still want to grab breakfast somewhere else or just grab something quick? Molly and I are ready to start work if we are needed early,' Jenna asked. Her demeanor was hard to read. While she had concern for Leanna, she was not working for her and she did not witness what happened.

Though she was an empath and could feel what the collective group felt in the moment they were headed to the large booth, she needed to shake it off. It was not her call and it should not have effected her mood like it did, but the concern was still ever present.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2017, 10:18:59 pm »
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 10:24:59 pm by Katharoz Knox »

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2017, 11:43:56 pm »
What did the fruit do to deserve that? Lachlyn thought after the demonstration. Standing to her feet she moved back, allowing the medical crew to take over the body, "Sir, once in the morgue we can see about matching his appearance to any of the ships rosters or manifests that are currently docked as well as those currently aboard. I'd suggest posting at least one security guard down at the morgue as well. With a violent crime of this nature - whoever took the time to do this wouldn't think twice about ensuring we didn't get far into the why and how of it all."

Tucking a strand behind her ear she let it settle before continuing, "Should we quietly notify Security? I don't want to cause a panic but if everyone is aware then we might get a foot ahead of this."

Tritter than rose to his feet once the medical crew came into his peripheral vision, he waved them over towards the body. He nodded slightly to her, he replied with, "Very good Cadet" He than turned and looked towards the Medical Examiner who came to get the body. He than stated, "Lieutenant, I will be down shortly to join you for the autopsy." The Lieutenant than nodded slightly, "Aye Sir, thank you" The Executive Officer turned to face the Cadet once again. He than said to her, "Go ahead Cadet, be discrete, would you like to join me for the autopsy after?" The man's heavy German accented voice was confident and relaxed, this was second nature to him.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2017, 04:49:07 am »
Junior

[Diplomatic Situation Room]

Naira turned in her seat to glare at Jett as he casually strolled into the room wearing a captain's uniform at that. The Command Decks, where official Starfleet business was conducted, was off limits to civilians unless specifically called upon and granted permission to be there. She had a feeling that wasn't the case with Jett.

What was he playing at?

She thought the guy did a lot of careless and foolish things and it was obvious from past experiences that he didn't exactly follow Starfleet rules, but this was going too far.

Solids....

Atal's blank expression did not change. His rather crude facial features betrayed little of his feelings, which were very little. He had no interest. 

"Computer. Let it be known that the voice heard is that of an unidentified human."

Looking to T'Prina.

"And, perhaps an acquaintance of Lt. T'Prina."

"It is highly irregular that the chosen Representative has an Advisor to which they do not attest at the beginning of the proceedings. Representative. State the name of your Advisor. Is there a conflict of interest economically or emotionally regarding him?"

Atal patiently awaited her response.

The fact that the inspector didn't seem to know what was going on either only confirmed her suspicions.

Surely the Captain would say something. He wouldn't allow this man to parade around in a uniform, making a mockery of the judicial system for whatever reasons he had.

When she got out of this, she really was going to insist on having his head examined. There was something not quite right with Jett.

Then, Dr. Lunn was called into the room.

He cleared his throat before answering. "My name is Kece Lunn, Dr. Kece Lunn. No. No, I am not related to the Captain and we don't have a sexual relationship of any kind." He cleared his throat again.

"I ummm...It is in my medical opinion that Captain Adeyemi is fit and fully capable of preforming his duties as Captain. The deaths of the fifteen members of the crew under his command weigh heavy on him, he wishes that he was able to do more to have saved them or somehow prevented their deaths, but he also understands that he was doing everything humanly possible to prevent the tragedy that cost them their lives and there was nothing else he could do. He has taken responsibility for his role."

What he left off was the fact that the Captain had also been showing signs of self-destructive behavior. His long hours in the chapel, lack of sleep, kneeling on a hard surfaces until his knees were bloody. The Captain was punishing himself for the incident, but Kece knew that if he spoke up that this wouldn't look good for the man. Such behavior was deemed reckless and dangerous, but the Captain wasn't a danger to anyone beyond himself. He hoped that with continued therapy sessions that they could work through all this.

"Does Captain Adeyemi have psychological damage due to his background and upbringing?"

"No, not in my medical opinion."

"I would say that he uses his best judgement at any given time. That may be a mix of logic, emotion or spiritual belief, but he goes with what he thinks will work best at the time. I wouldn't say that he's very sociable outside of work, but I don't really see what that has to do with anything..."

He was taken aback by that last question.

"No, he does not live in a fantasy world. He is fully aware of his actions and consequences."

What was this guy getting at?

There were a lot of emotions currently at play in the room, but Kece did not feel comfortable at all about what he was feeling from the inspector. He made his skin crawl.

"Did you observe Captain Adeyemi prior to, during and following the incident with the Analyn system? Was he exhibiting any signs of stress? Did he show any outward signs of physical stress? Has he ever attended mandatory psychological management classes? Does he question or second guess his orders often? Did he show signs of regret following the deaths of 15 crewman?"

"I ummm...I treated his injuries after the incident. Yes, at the time he was experiencing a great deal of stress, but he had just been pulled out into space with a number of other officers. He was suffering from a number of injuries...you should have seen the report. He didn't know what state the others were in or what was going on on the station..." Dr. Lunn began to ramble a bit.

Naira motioned for him to take a deep breath and continue.

"Following the event, he has attended a number of mandatory psychological sessions with myself and yes, he has showed feelings of regret over the lives lost."

Atal was not exactly a fan of psychology, he considered it a pseudoscience. Once Dr. Lunn had completed his evaluation.

"For the record, Dr. Naira. Do you concur with the account put forward by Dr. Lunn?"

Naira, who had been sitting quietly the entire time, spoke up.

"I do."

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2017, 11:52:09 am »
NPC Inspector General Atal

[DSR]

Atal was growing impatient. He reviewed what the odd unidentifiable human had said upon entering and disrupting this meeting. He looked back and forth from Captain Adeyemi to Lt. T'Prina back to the man.

He looked to T'Prina once more to explain herself, well the himself standing next to her. Narrowing his eyes he stared at her. For he had already asked her to state the nature of their relationship.

Why did he come here? What can he have to say? This is very unorthodox.

Without even looking away, "Dr. Lunn. Satisfactory. Leave. Dr. Naira. Stay."

"T'Prina. State the nature of your relationship with the man standing next to you. Now!"

"Captain, do I have to explain to you how this interruption shall reflect on your case?"
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 11:53:36 am by Katharoz Knox »

Offline T'Prina

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • CHIEF SCIENCE VULCAN
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who are always online and posting.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2017, 12:35:45 pm »
Junior

[DSR]

Atal was growing impatient. He reviewed what the odd unidentifiable human had said upon entering and disrupting this meeting. He looked back and forth from Captain Adeyemi to Lt. T'Prina back to the man.

He looked to T'Prina once more to explain herself, well the himself standing next to her. Narrowing his eyes he stared at her. For he had already asked her to state the nature of their relationship.

Why did he come here? What can he have to say? This is very unorthodox.

Without even looking away, "Dr. Lunn. Satisfactory. Leave. Dr. Naira. Stay."

"T'Prina. State the nature of your relationship with the man standing next to you. Now!"

"Captain, do I have to explain to you how this interruption shall reflect on your case?"

T'Prina resisted an urge to bite her lip as she did some quick thinking. Jett had barged into the inquiry with all the grace and tact of a tap dancing bear. Thankfully Dr. Lunn's testimony brought a temporary distraction.

"Please let the record state that I find Inspector General Atal's tone inappropriate for these proceedings. Further more, his line of questioning pertaining to my messenger is irrelevant to Captain Adeyemi and this inquiry. I requested information be brought to me immediately once obtained, so I do apologize for the slight interruption. However if you allow your own temper to color your judgement, I will lodge a formal complaint."

The Vulcan remained calm and unflappable. The Inspector's impatience and rude demeanor had played into her hands. She gave Jett a side long glance and decided to trust he had a legitimate reason for being here.

"It is within my power to call for a short recess to review this new information, and I do so now. I am sure you will find it, and Commander O'Connell's testimony a revelation once we reconvene." Her voice was firm and authoritative, not her usual slightly bored tones. She nodded to Adeyemi, and without waiting for a response from Atal, motioned for Captain Jett to follow her out of the room to a private sitting room adjacent.

[Sitting Room]

Once T'Prina closed the door behind them, she allowed herself the luxury of an exasperated sigh. The fact that she relaxed even that much was a very telling indicator of the level of affection she felt for him.

"Tom, please tell me you have a good reason for being here and wearing that." She waved her hand and gestured to his uniform, her voice holding a trace of the irritation she felt for the inquiry proceedings.

"Not that it does not suit you. I am just more accustomed to your usual apparel and long coat." The Vulcan began to ramble uncharacteristically, perhaps the stress and irregular sleep. She thought about the dream earlier but quickly shook her head refusing to acknowledge it again. Arms crossed over her chest, she gave Jett stern look, like a teacher expecting an answer.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Offline Thomas Jett

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Three year award Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2017, 01:38:28 pm »

[Sitting Room]

Jett followed T'Prina into a sitting room.  The room was relatively plain.  There were a small table and a couple of chairs.  It was a room designed to be private.  He remembers his days of court martial spending countless of hours in these types of rooms talking to his attorneys. 

As they entered he observed T'Prina giving a sigh.  Jett figured that it was a sigh of relief.  The emotion was a little bit unexpected but it was welcome.  He wanted to take a moment to embrace her but he figured that they would be closely monitored.

"Tom, please tell me you have a good reason for being here and wearing that." She waved her hand and gestured to his uniform, her voice holding a trace of the irritation she felt for the inquiry proceedings.

"Not that it does not suit you. I am just more accustomed to your usual apparel and long coat." The Vulcan began to ramble uncharacteristically, perhaps the stress and irregular sleep. She thought about the dream earlier but quickly shook her head refusing to acknowledge it again. Arms crossed over her chest, she gave Jett stern look, like a teacher expecting an answer.

Offline T'Prina

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • CHIEF SCIENCE VULCAN
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who are always online and posting.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2017, 12:56:43 pm »

[Sitting Room]

T'Prina scanned through the data on the PADD thoroughly, committing all pertinent information to memory. It was very informative, although it painted a darker shade to the idyllic Starfleet ideals. Tearing her eyes away from the device, she looked up at Jett.

"I had already considered the notion that they were looking for someone to blame, this only confirms my theory. Proving they have acted unethically in this instance may be hard, but with this we may be able to at least throw doubt on any 'findings' they have against Captain Adeyemi." PADD held in both hands, she delicately tapped her chin with it, deep in thought. With this and O'Connell's testimony, results of the inquiry could be inconclusive at worst, which would clear the Captain for now. She would rather not have to claim diplomatic immunity for him, particularly if it involved her having to return to Vulcan in any way or form.

He gave her a moment to read the Pad and then Jett placed his hand into his pocket again.  This time he pulled a necklace.

The Vulcan graced him with the slight upturn of the corners of her mouth that passed for a smile whenever he amused her. For a man who often lacked tact, he could express himself eloquently when it suited him.

"I am not sure my own family would find merit in your assessment with my many faults, but I shall endeavor to live up to your idea of me." T'Prina considered the IDIC pendant and the ideal it stood for. Truth told, Jett himself was a pretty good example, the man contained a great deal of diversities within his personality. "I accept your gift, and the kind thoughts with it. It shall give me a great deal to reflect on, once these proceedings have concluded."

The Vulcan was feminine enough to blush at the kiss, innocent as it was. She froze momentarily as her synapses struggled to contain a surge of emotion. Jett had actually been quite helpful in his way, and he was most assuredly correct about being a distraction. Still, she wanted him to know she appreciated what he had risked for her. As he turned once more for the door, she quickly embraced him from behind. Arms linked somewhat stiffly around his waist, her cheek rested on his back. Unused to the maneuver, the situation had seemed to call for it.

"Thank you for all you have done, Tom." The words came out formally, despite the unplanned closeness. "I appreciate your efforts." She was obviously struggling to find the right words to put to her thoughts, but it was endearing in its own way. Releasing him, she quickly stepped back to compose herself, and wayward thoughts. Such actions came instinctively for humans and other emotional species, but it was difficult to express herself in such a manner. T'Prina sidestepped him and marched from the room with a quickness that was almost insulting, in an effort to prevent him from further distracting her.

A somewhat dazed strawberry blonde in command red nearly collided with her in the hall outside the Diplomatic Situation Room. Instinctively the Vulcan reached out to steady her, but the woman flinched in a panic.

"Commander O'Connell, are you unwell?" T'Prina raised an eyebrow at her, concerned that she might be sick or inebriated.

O'Connell steadied herself, and glared at T'Prina, finally recognizing her. "Oh, it's the Vulcan. Gonna gloat about your superior brain and how you're so much better than me?" The Commander sneered, her voice dripping with vitriol. O'Connell wanted nothing more than to get as far away from the Columbus and its psychotic A.I. as soon as possible. All she had done once leaving Sick Bay were constant meetings, calls and debriefs on everything that had occurred. The bastards still wouldn't let her leave until after this inquiry or whatever was over.

Her acidic tone was a source of confusion to T'Prina. The Commander should be grateful that a second neural link had succeeded, creating a competent working system. However, now did not seem to be the time to remind her of that. "We are both expected inside. Please come with me." With that she led the angry twitchy Irishwoman to face Inspector General Atal.

Once inside the room, T'Prina nodded to both Atal and Adeyemi, and took her place near the Captain. O'Connell followed, but her rumpled, dishevelled uniform and dark sunken eyes gave away much about her state of mind.

"I thank you for allowing me the short recess. It was, very educational. This is Commander O'Connell, formerly in charge of the installation and maintenance of the ANaLYN system." She gestured to the much taller woman, who visibly flinched at the mention of the A.I. "I believe questioning her directly may answer many questions you have, Inspector General." The Vulcan lightly tapped at the back of the PADD she held. For now, she'd keep Jett's Ace up her sleeve, or so the saying went.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2017, 07:02:07 pm »

[DSR]
"Please let the record state that I find Inspector General Atal's tone inappropriate for these proceedings. Further more, his line of questioning pertaining to my messenger is irrelevant to Captain Adeyemi and this inquiry. I requested information be brought to me immediately once obtained, so I do apologize for the slight interruption. However if you allow your own temper to color your judgement, I will lodge a formal complaint."

"It is within my power to call for a short recess to review this new information, and I do so now. I am sure you will find it, and Commander O'Connell's testimony a revelation once we reconvene." Her voice was firm and authoritative, not her usual slightly bored tones. She nodded to Adeyemi, and without waiting for a response from Atal, motioned for Captain Jett to follow her out of the room to a private sitting room adjacent.

Tone. Huh?

Atal tutted to himself. Of course StarFleet knew exactly what his 'tone' was all about.

He was somewhat taken back as Lt. T'Prina just walked out of the room with the unidentifiable human. If it had not been for Dr. Naira and Captain Adeyemi still in the room, he would have found out exactly who and what he was doing.

Alas.

Sitting in silence, he placed his elbows on the desk and his crude fingers clasped together in front at his eyes. He began contemplating what more was there to be discussed? He knew that his report and this entire discussion was more for show. It was clear that someone had to take the fall for this and that person's career in StarFleet was over.

Once inside the room, T'Prina nodded to both Atal and Adeyemi, and took her place near the Captain. O'Connell followed, but her rumpled, dishevelled uniform and dark sunken eyes gave away much about her state of mind.

"I thank you for allowing me the short recess. It was, very educational. This is Commander O'Connell, formerly in charge of the installation and maintenance of the ANaLYN system." She gestured to the much taller woman, who visibly flinched at the mention of the A.I. "I believe questioning her directly may answer many questions you have, Inspector General." The Vulcan lightly tapped at the back of the PADD she held. For now, she'd keep Jett's Ace up her sleeve, or so the saying went.

As T'Prina entered, he noticed that she was not alone and nodded as she acknowledged him.

Very educational, ahhhh. And, another human. Ok, let's get this done.

"Commander O'Connell. Were you or were you not responsible for the design, installation and integration of the Analyn system with the StarBase Columbus? Did you report and instruct Captain Adeyemi upon his arrival to the Station that there was an issue with the Analyn system that had the potential become a danger to the crew and the Station? In the end it seems that it was Lt. T'Prina that brought order back to the Station during the incident. Commander O'Connell, is it simply your gross incompetence that lead to the deaths of 15 StarFleet officers and extensive damages?"

He awaited for the somewhat inebriated and hysterical woman to finish her testimony, and was glad that Dr. Naira was on hand, as he may have cause to request her medical opinion on the woman's behavior and wellbeing.

Offline Tanner Lachlyn

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2017, 07:09:31 pm »
Tritter than rose to his feet once the medical crew came into his peripheral vision, he waved them over towards the body. He nodded slightly to her, he replied with, "Very good Cadet" He than turned and looked towards the Medical Examiner who came to get the body. He than stated, "Lieutenant, I will be down shortly to join you for the autopsy." The Lieutenant than nodded slightly, "Aye Sir, thank you" The Executive Officer turned to face the Cadet once again. He than said to her, "Go ahead Cadet, be discrete, would you like to join me for the autopsy after?" The man's heavy German accented voice was confident and relaxed, this was second nature to him.

Tanner winced, "Uhm, if it's alright Sir, can I avoid that ...aspect...of it. For some reason...I get queasy during procedures."

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2017, 10:28:27 am »
[NPC Post - "Vengeance"]

[Lower Promenade]

Motionless as a gargoyle, he crouched on the power pylon. 30 meters below him, another party night on the Lower Promenade was about to begin. A handful of drunks of indeterminate species were wandering in and out of restaurants: cheap establishments that advertised kebabs, sandwiches, little tins of bugs and worms, but in reality just sold booze. He didn't drink, never had and never would. Alcohol and drugs were some of the main reasons the Columbus promenade was so stricken with crime.

He tossed his head, turned on a pair of infrared snoopers instead of his normal vision. The street below became a blur of red, orange, and green. Guided by his eyes, a tiny cross-hair searched over the scene.

He found his targets: a Cardassian whose heat readout was negligible, a cool blue, and a humanoid male of mixed species. The Cardassian stood off in the shadows while the humanoid worked the street. It was all going as planned.

He cocked his head and tapped into Starfleet's Security comm network. The chatter was a bit more lively than usual, but about what he expected: a tavern brawl, the investigation of the body found in Puzzles. Nothing out of the ordinary, only what he had set into motion. It was time to move. He stood smoothly, six and half feet of dark robed shadow except for the bright mask. He leaped off the pylon, 30 meters above cold, hard street.

He heard gasping, shouts, saw hands and fingers pointing at him from below. The humanoid drug dealer and his muscle were as frozen as all the rest. The street was rushing up at him, fast and unforgiving.

At the last possible instant he activated the suit's plasma jets, boosting his speed and providing lift. With the entire upward momentum of jets, suit, and body he slammed into the humanoid dealer, wrapped an arm around him and shot upward in less than a second. He had a vague impression of the Cardassian going for his phaser, having second thoughts, and turning to run.

The screams from below dwindled and a much closer scream, the one emanating from the man he had tucked under his arm like a baby, became apparent. He got back to his pylon, laid the man gently down onto it.

"Who do you work for?" He demanded.

By way of an answer, the fellow just continued screaming, and got a fist buried in his stomach for his trouble, forcing him to stop and draw breath.

"You oughta to sing in the choir. Should I tell Firar T'Vol?" He cracked.

"What...are you going to do with me?" The humanoid asked in between harsh, gasping breaths.

"I'm going to let you go."

"Let...me go?"

"You turn yourself into the first Starfleet security officer you find. And you tell them that Vengeance has seen fit to spare you." Reddish blue fire bloomed from his wrist. "Do you remember my name, Vengeance?"

"Yes, yes!"

"Good. Otherwise I might have had to burn it into your flesh. Now go."

The humanoid swallowed, hard, and glanced around. "We're 30 meters in the air, how am I supposed to..."

"You're a criminal, a drug dealer. The creative type. I'm sure you'll think of something."

[Starfleet Security Office]

Ensign Pierce was nearing the end of another long, boring shift. He liked boring. It meant people were safe, and that he got to go home to his family. Some of his compatriots, however, liked to think of themselves as heroes on the war against crime, like action stars from 3 centuries ago. Sure, being so level headed and safe meant less time cracking skulls, but it also meant less feisty drunks, bulk rate prostitutes, and amateur musicians. Pierce didn't miss them one bit. Happily, he worked away at a report.

"...please..."

He looked up, threw down his PADD. A figure had shambled into the office. At first, Pierce thought some of the other officers had replicated a vat of ketchup, drawn straws, with the unlucky one diving in and pretending to be hurt to give Pierce a little scare. But this was real, far too real. The humanoid before him was red from head to toe.

"=/\=Medical emergency to security office. Patient appears to have suffered abrasion injuries, and a beating. Get here quick!=/\=" He said urgently.

"Lay down, lay down," Pierce said to the poor fellow.

"Please..."

"They'll be here soon, rest!"

"Arrest me."

"Arrest you?!"

"Vengeance...arrest me..."

Pierce helped the man sit down and snapped open a medical kit to do what he could before the doctors arrived.

"Arrest me!"

"Quiet," The ensign said, losing his patience. His nice, quiet, safe shift had been pissed away.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 02:09:17 pm by Malcolm Adeyemi »

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles