S2:M1 - The Hero We Deserve

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, September 01, 2017, 07:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T'Prina

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on September 05, 2017, 08:38:34 AM

[Diplomatic Situation Room]

"Its the smart play, lieutenant." Adeyemi said shortly. "A JAG officer would be appointed by Starfleet itself. Considering that that is the same organization investigating me, I trust you more."

Waving to the seats in the room's conference table, Adeyemi sipped his tea, sat, and continued.

"You are a citizen of Vulcan, are you not?" The captain didn't wait for an answer. "When I was considering you to be my counsel, I came across an archaic Federation law. When a command level officer is on trial other citizens of Federation founding words can be granted temporary diplomatic powers. There are only three requirements: they cannot be related or married to the defendant, which you are not, and that they be of officer rank, graduates of a military or exploration academy, which you are. And that they be born on Andoria, Tellarite Prime, Vulcan, or Earth. If worse comes to worse, you can activate these powers and grant me sanctuary on Vulcan."

T'Prina sipped her tea as she listened to him. It sounded like a half assed attempt at damage control and fairly last minute at that. She addressed Adeyemi, perfectly arched eyebrow raised.

"It appears that an accident of birth resulted in ticking off several boxes on your prerequisites list. No real merit of my own influenced your decision."

She was fairly annoyed at the captain deciding to hang this all on her, even if she didn't believe the investigation would find the captain at fault. It was on the tip of her tongue to deny him out of principle, but another thought occured to her. If she did manage to help him out of this sticky situation, it would look good on her record, and may help her get another project approved.

"I will do what I am able to be of assistance to you, Captain. I assume the time I have to prepare is little to naught. Still, to my knowledge, you have done nothing to merit an extreme negative consequence from Starfleet and this will be little more than a formality."

The Vulcan stared down into her empty teacup and added silently, "Unless they are looking for a scapegoat." She wondered what she had decided to wade into.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: T'Prina on September 06, 2017, 07:12:09 PM

T'Prina sipped her tea as she listened to him. It sounded like a half assed attempt at damage control and fairly last minute at that. She addressed Adeyemi, perfectly arched eyebrow raised.

"It appears that an accident of birth resulted in ticking off several boxes on your prerequisites list. No real merit of my own influenced your decision."

She was fairly annoyed at the captain deciding to hang this all on her, even if she didn't believe the investigation would find the captain at fault. It was on the tip of her tongue to deny him out of principle, but another thought occured to her. If she did manage to help him out of this sticky situation, it would look good on her record, and may help her get another project approved.

"I will do what I am able to be of assistance to you, Captain. I assume the time I have to prepare is little to naught. Still, to my knowledge, you have done nothing to merit an extreme negative consequence from Starfleet and this will be little more than a formality."

The Vulcan stared down into her empty teacup and added silently, "Unless they are looking for a scapegoat." She wondered what she had decided to wade into.

Adeyemi rarely smiled, but he came close now. It wasn't a welcoming sight. He looked unsettling, almost maniacal.

"Of course this has nothing to do with any skill you may or may not possess, lieutenant." He said, as if to a child. "You're Vulcan. You're more likely to be calm in the court room. Some fiery Andorian or a Tellarite born to argue would be the end of me. And my own people cannot be relied upon, either. They'd be too emotionally attached to be of any use. You're a cold, clinical Vulcan who can respond to the prosecutor logically. That and your place of birth and the old Federation law were the only reasons you were selected."

The captain stared at her frankly, wondering if he had gone too far. Probably not. This woman had proved herself many times before: he thought that she could be relied upon to stand there if she couldn't muster any kind of legal defense. Anyway, for being the best he could do on short notice T'Prina was a fine choice.

"I suspect the inspector general will be contacting us shortly." He finished the tea, set it aside, and handed her a PADD. "This is what little detail on the case I have."

Auzual Knox

[NPC Inspector General Atal]

Case 56112.3 Starbase Columbus

Investigate, ascertain and assess the role of Captain Adeyemi in the integration and subsequent activation of the Analyn AI System.

Evaluate the fault(s) and action(s) of Captain Adeyemi that contributed to the Station-wide malfunctions, and consequently lead to the deaths of 15 StarFleet Officers as well as the structural damage that required extensive repairs.

Investigate the mental and emotional state of Captain Adeyemi prior to and during incident.

Determine if Captain Adeyemi is fit to continue serving in StarFleet.

Atal had shapeshifted into a Bajoran Ensign to better understand the Station in its current state. He reviewed the ongoing efforts of restoration in Engineering, and the physical consequences of the Analyn program on the Promenade. Accessing Ops was not possible, though he knew that he would ask the Head of Ops all about the internal systems reports and expected that the Trill would deliver the information with little embellishment. He had reviewed her background in StarFleet as well as the two Ambassadors she used to be. His due diligence on all personnel was vigorous.

As long as there was no connection of a personal nature, that should suffice.

Atal returned to his quarters and returned back to his liquid state.

[Transmission]

Captain Malcolm Adeyemi,

Meet in Diplomatic Situation Room at 19 hundred hours. You are expected to be accompanied by a representative of your choosing.

Be advised that the outcome of this meeting shall determine your fitness to continue serving in StarFleet.

You are here by suspended of all duties until this investigation is over.

Regards,
Inspector General Atal

[End Transmission]

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Jenna McKinson

Quote from: Daniel Howell on September 06, 2017, 02:10:55 PM

Puzzles
Howell was deep into going through the sub routines of Analyn, taking a sip of his coffee every so often. A couple of minutes later, Molly approached him. "Good morning Molly, I'm not bad thank you, how are you?" He politely asked in return. He took up on the offer to join her and Jenna replying "I'd love to join ya, thank you." He picked up his PADD's and coffee and motioned for Molly to go first.

[ Puzzles ]

Molly smiled and began to lead Dan toward the table she and Jenna had shared. It was lucky at that moment, Eiliana had brought over Jenna and Molly's coffees. She then noticed Dan and Molly walk over. While this change in tables would normally annoy her, the man was in her rotation and she did just take his order before heading off to grab Molly and Jenna's drinks. She then smiled internally as she didn't have to walk that far with the three orders once they were finished. "Ok Sugars I will be back in a few with your orders once they are ready. Just holler if you need anything. Jenna knows the secret word,"Eliana said as she left. When she did, she had her back to the table and a smirk on her face. Jenna may not have been hers yet, but she wanted to stake a claim early.

Eliana then made her way to the other tables on her rotation. After she was done with that, she decided to go check in with Leanna who she saw walk in. Eliana hummed a bit to herself as she headed back to check the stock room. She also wanted to check in with her boss and friend Leanna. When she came close to Leanna, she noticed a shift in Leanna's demeanor."Boss are you..." Eliana said as she was cut off by seeing the body. Her eyes went wide and then she looked over at Leanna. "Leanna I had no idea... How long has it been here?" She asked staying perfectly calm.

"Hey Chief,"Jenna began once Dan was settled. "Got the same idea as us to fuel up before things get crazy? Oh Molly that reminds me can you write down on your PADD that I need to run a diagnostic on Holosuite 5? You already have yours out or I would." Molly nodded and began to type. "Will do. Jenna and I overheard a couple compaining about a random glitch in the holosuite. We said we'd run some diagnostics when we were on the clock," Molly said after she was finished typing. Almost as if they were on the same wavelength pattern, Molly and Jenna both put their creamer and sugar in their coffees. They then took a sip in unison. 

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Michael J. Tritter

[Location: Executive Officer's Office and Puzzles]

Tritter had been focused on reviewing some after action reports when he heard his comm badge go off, he heard the voice of an unfamilar Operations Officer who had been doing a Health Department type inspection at Puzzles, she stated the following, "Sir, I was investigating the storage area at Puzzle's Bar, the Security Chief sent me to you as he involved in another matter involving an Investigator"

Tritter pondered for a moment, curious indeed. He than made his way to the bar, the new Commander weaved his way through the passageways to the location he was requested to go. He than tapped his comm badge, "Cadet Lachlyn, please meet me at Puzzles" his tone smooth and confident as he spoke.

He than made his way to Puzzles, the scene was suprisingly calm. He than made his way towards the back of the bar. The Operations Officer was waiting for him, she than stated "Follow me Sir" Tritter than followed her and he than noticed the body in the storage area. The large man ducked slightly to enter the storage area. He than pulled out a pair of gloves from his pocket and than donned them. He started to investigate the muscled man's body for an ID.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on September 07, 2017, 01:42:28 PM

Eliana then made her way to the other tables on her rotation. After she was done with that, she decided to go check in with Leanna who she saw walk in. Eliana hummed a bit to herself as she headed back to check the stock room. She also wanted to check in with her boss and friend Leanna. When she came close to Leanna, she noticed a shift in Leanna's demeanor."Boss are you..." Eliana said as she was cut off by seeing the body. Her eyes went wide and then she looked over at Leanna. "Leanna I had no idea... How long has it been here?" She asked staying perfectly calm.

[Puzzles]

The whole situation felt like a nightmare one that she couldn't wake up from as more memories resurfaced until finally she had the sense to look away from the body just as Eliana approached her and saw what had happened before asking questions. She didn't know why it kept drawing her attention perhaps it was calling out to her in a way but knew she had to stop as she couldn't deal with that right now not after everything she had worked for in making a new start for her and Ariana as well as some of her staff.

Noticing another more senior officer arrive with an Ops Officer who she knew had been conducting the health inspection she decided to back away but stay within distance in case any more questions were asked. She watched for a moment as he too looked over the body then turned her attention back to Eliana " I'll be okay you know me " she said hiding behind her normal facade when she was freaking out inside. " As for how long its been here I can't answer that but I want you to carry on as normal until Security arrives, we don't need to cause any panic for the customers" she added knowing she could rely on Eliana just like she could with any of the others.

Part of her wanted to retreat into her office but then what kind of boss would she be and she couldn't show any weakness otherwise he would win again and she couldn't have that. Matthias had caused enough damage that it would haunt her for the rest of her life yet Alex had helped with that without knowing and perhaps it was time to tell him before this fling got more serious. Shaking those thoughts away for now she waited for what was going to happen next and if her bar was going to have to be closed temporarily.

Thomas Jett

[Promenade]

Jett mind was wondering.  His thoughts raced through his mind as he had multiple flashbacks.  He remembered the trial, how it went.  How he was convicted and how he was likely set up.  He was never able to figure out who set him up.  He was also never able to figure out the more important question.  Why?  Why was he set up years ago?  Why did they want him to go to prison?

Tom knew he was innocent but yet there was evidence against him.  It was almost like someone knew what he was going to do before he did it.  Jett wondered if it was a coincidence that this person was roaming into the Station.  He left Earth to go into a Station in the middle of deep space.  He did so on purpose he did not want to run into his former students, teachers, superior officer or the crew under his command.

He walked down the Promenade looking at the different vendors and their wares.  Most of the items being sold were not new, however once in a while, there was something new for sale.   Jett looked around and spotted a small necklace.  He picked up this necklace of Vulcan heritage and found it interesting.

Tom picked up the Necklace and thought that it would be a good gift for someone.

"How much?" Jett asked

The Vendor smiled and said "Two bars of gold press latinum"

Jett looked at the Vendor with shocked and said "Two Bars of gold press?  Are you mad?!"  Tom did not notice how aggressive the question came out.

The Vendor then responded "wait, wait, wait to hear me out.  The Station has gone to hell since the new Captain showed up.  Collectors, Ferengi's, Computer problems people don't want to do business in this Station"

Jett then answered, "You mean honest people?"

The Vendor then nodded and said "Exactly! Honest people like myself are discouraged to be here.  People don't want to negotiate with me so the prices go up..."

Jett then took one bar of gold press latinum.  He gave the bar to the vendor.  He then said "Alright, how about one bar and that is more than fair"

The Vendor said "Alright you have a deal"

Jett received the necklace and then they started seeing a small commotion.   The Vendor then commented "Speaking of dishonest business man"

Tom looked and noticed a familiar coming down the corridor of the promenade.  Shifty Eye Raven.  Little was known of the humanoid individual.  No one knew what was his true race he looked like a human, but often looks can be deceiving.  The two of them have never actually met but they knew of each other.  Jett knew his reputation, he was a smuggler like he was but he was the bad guy if there was one.  He smuggled drugs, illegal weapons, and other items.  They were on a similar field but he would smuggle anything to get an edge over the competition.

He noticed that new to Shifty Eye Raven there was a body guard, a Klingon.  Shifty Eye Raven walked up to Jett and said "Well...Well...Well...is it?  I forgot what's you name?"

Jett turned and looked at the man and responded "Y'know my name...like I know you are Shifty Eye Raven.  What do you want?"

Shifty Eye Raven then said "I need a pilot"

Jett then looked at him directly and his eyes and shrugged "So...I need to fresh KFC dinner too...I don't see how you needing a pilot it's my problem"

Shifty Eye Smiled and said "Jett, I heard that you were stubborn, but I did not think you were also stupid"

Jett then answered sarcastically "Sorry to disappoint"

Shifty continued "Look the job is simple...two containers into the Station...no questions asked"

Jett then responded "As I already said... not interested...I really need to find a Chicken Dinner in the station...fried chicken with some fresh mash potatoes...ahhh man now that's life"

Jett calmly began walking away.

Shifty then said "Don't be a fool, Jett!  You will regret this!"

Jett then turned around quickly and pointed his pistol directly at Shifty.  The guards tried to react but Jett was too fast.  He then interrupted him by saying "Ah ah ah, If I were you, I would stay perfectly still.  By the time you pull out your disruptor your boss here will be at the gates of St. Peter or better yet a direct flight to hell"

Shifty then gave a signal for the Klingon to stand down.

He then turned on his pulse pistol "First, I know what you do.  Second, I want to part of it.  Are we clear?"

Shifty then nodded.

Jett continued "Here is the thing, you are not the first, not the last person that has come in this Station.  Before you even THINK of hunting me down remember this.  I have been here longer than you.  I have taken out worse people than you.  And if you continue with this secret politic intimidation crapola...YOU WILL PAY!  I am saying this because I am cranky.  I can't get KFC chicken, I am paying double for Jewelry and I have to be nice to an idiot JAG officer ...not a good day"

Jett then said "This isn't a threat...this is how business is done with the Station.  You cross my lines and my rules and you will pay.  If you want to do business here in a peaceful manner then I suggest you get in line with the program...or you will be in a world of hurting"

Jett then asked, "Did I make myself perfectly clear?"

Shifty and Jett stared each other when a security officer interrupted them.

"What's going on in here?"  He asked

Jett then looked at his pulse pistol and responded "We were comparing the size of our pistols"

Jett began walking away and simply said "Trust me, mine's bigger"

Tanner Lachlyn

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on September 07, 2017, 02:29:09 PM

[Puzzles]

The whole situation felt like a nightmare one that she couldn't wake up from as more memories resurfaced until finally she had the sense to look away from the body just as Eliana approached her and saw what had happened before asking questions. She didn't know why it kept drawing her attention perhaps it was calling out to her in a way but knew she had to stop as she couldn't deal with that right now not after everything she had worked for in making a new start for her and Ariana as well as some of her staff.

Noticing another more senior officer arrive with an Ops Officer who she knew had been conducting the health inspection she decided to back away but stay within distance in case any more questions were asked. She watched for a moment as he too looked over the body then turned her attention back to Eliana " I'll be okay you know me " she said hiding behind her normal facade when she was freaking out inside. " As for how long its been here I can't answer that but I want you to carry on as normal until Security arrives, we don't need to cause any panic for the customers" she added knowing she could rely on Eliana just like she could with any of the others.

Part of her wanted to retreat into her office but then what kind of boss would she be and she couldn't show any weakness otherwise he would win again and she couldn't have that. Matthias had caused enough damage that it would haunt her for the rest of her life yet Alex had helped with that without knowing and perhaps it was time to tell him before this fling got more serious. Shaking those thoughts away for now she waited for what was going to happen next and if her bar was going to have to be closed temporarily.

It had been one of 'those' kinds of weeks. Three bad dates in a row and her shifts lately had her paired up with the biggest knuckle dragging beings in Security. How they had passed the basic academy courses was beyond her.

Thankfully she leaped at the chance to head down to Puzzles. It was a welcome reprieve, and Lachlyn still felt like she had something to prove as the new kid on the station. Upon entering her initial evaluation of the area was a confusing one. No signs of a struggle. No broken glass or tables.  No angry six foot tall aliens threatening to gut anyone.

Catching sight sight of Leanna Lachlyn made her way over, "I'm responding to the Security request," Her eyes scanned the room, "I admit I was expecting a lot worse..."

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Tanner Lachlyn on September 07, 2017, 11:25:05 PM

It had been one of 'those' kinds of weeks. Three bad dates in a row and her shifts lately had her paired up with the biggest knuckle dragging beings in Security. How they had passed the basic academy courses was beyond her.

Thankfully she leaped at the chance to head down to Puzzles. It was a welcome reprieve, and Lachlyn still felt like she had something to prove as the new kid on the station. Upon entering her initial evaluation of the area was a confusing one. No signs of a struggle. No broken glass or tables.  No angry six foot tall aliens threatening to gut anyone.

Catching sight sight of Leanna Lachlyn made her way over, "I'm responding to the Security request," Her eyes scanned the room, "I admit I was expecting a lot worse..."

[Puzzles]

Leanna turned when she heard another voice and recognised the security officer from the grand opening and wasn't sure how to react to her admission of expecting a lot worse then again if it was a bar fight and utter chaos she could understand that. Leanna was hoping that there wouldn't be any chaos if she could help it and had made steps in order to prevent it even if it meant clearing the bar until the body was removed.

" Yes I told my manager Seamus to contact Security once we discovered the body in the secondary store room and thankfully its still calm in the main bar and restaurant " she replied " Dr Naira, Knox and I believe its Commander Tritter arrived not long after and you have my full cooperation same with my staff ".

T'Prina

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on September 06, 2017, 10:29:08 PM

Adeyemi rarely smiled, but he came close now. It wasn't a welcoming sight. He looked unsettling, almost maniacal.

"Of course this has nothing to do with any skill you may or may not possess, lieutenant." He said, as if to a child. "You're Vulcan. You're more likely to be calm in the court room. Some fiery Andorian or a Tellarite born to argue would be the end of me. And my own people cannot be relied upon, either. They'd be too emotionally attached to be of any use. You're a cold, clinical Vulcan who can respond to the prosecutor logically. That and your place of birth and the old Federation law were the only reasons you were selected."

The captain stared at her frankly, wondering if he had gone too far. Probably not. This woman had proved herself many times before: he thought that she could be relied upon to stand there if she couldn't muster any kind of legal defense. Anyway, for being the best he could do on short notice T'Prina was a fine choice.

"I suspect the inspector general will be contacting us shortly." He finished the tea, set it aside, and handed her a PADD. "This is what little detail on the case I have."

T'Prina took the PADD and began reading through the gathered information. There really wasn't much to go on here, but given her own... intimate knowledge of what had gone down with the errant A.I., she supposed she might be in the best position to handle his case. His grin however was less than comforting, he looked more like a feral dog baring his teeth than any real show of humor. Humans came in all shades of the spectrum, but she had to admit, as illogical as it was, she preferred kind eyes and foolish sincerity.

"Perhaps it's for the best that you chose me, and Vulcan. In the event of your worst case scenario, I know for a fact your cold calculating manner would fit in quite well there." Her voice was bland, not a trace gave away the fact she meant it as an insult. It didn't take her long to commit the contents of the PADD to memory. She handed the device back to the Captain.

"There was not much there I am not already aware of. I believe we should request Commander O'Connell's presence as well, if she has not already departed the Starbase. I recall her being less than... keen to remain here." That was an understatement. Having shared space in the Sickbay while recovering, T'Prina knew all too well the Commander's repeated desire to leave the Columbus and 'that psychotic A.I.' behind.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on September 07, 2017, 11:19:49 AM

[NPC Inspector General Atal]

Case 56112.3 Starbase Columbus

Investigate, ascertain and assess the role of Captain Adeyemi in the integration and subsequent activation of the Analyn AI System.

Evaluate the fault(s) and action(s) of Captain Adeyemi that contributed to the Station-wide malfunctions, and consequently lead to the deaths of 15 StarFleet Officers as well as the structural damage that required extensive repairs.

Investigate the mental and emotional state of Captain Adeyemi prior to and during incident.

Determine if Captain Adeyemi is fit to continue serving in StarFleet.

Atal had shapeshifted into a Bajoran Ensign to better understand the Station in its current state. He reviewed the ongoing efforts of restoration in Engineering, and the physical consequences of the Analyn program on the Promenade. Accessing Ops was not possible, though he knew that he would ask the Head of Ops all about the internal systems reports and expected that the Trill would deliver the information with little embellishment. He had reviewed her background in StarFleet as well as the two Ambassadors she used to be. His due diligence on all personnel was vigorous.

As long as there was no connection of a personal nature, that should suffice.

Atal returned to his quarters and returned back to his liquid state.

[Transmission]

Captain Malcolm Adeyemi,

Meet in Diplomatic Situation Room at 19 hundred hours. You are expected to be accompanied by a representative of your choosing.

Be advised that the outcome of this meeting shall determine your fitness to continue serving in StarFleet.

You are here by suspended of all duties until this investigation is over.

Regards,
Inspector General Atal

[End Transmission]

Adeyemi eyed his PADD, saw the message, and scanned it. He briefly showed it to T'Prina, and cleared his throat.

"I believe it is time, lieutenant." The captain said. "In case we don't get the chance, I truly appreciate your taking on this duty. I know it is not your specialty."

Quote from: T'Prina on September 08, 2017, 10:02:03 AM

T'Prina took the PADD and began reading through the gathered information. There really wasn't much to go on here, but given her own... intimate knowledge of what had gone down with the errant A.I., she supposed she might be in the best position to handle his case. His grin however was less than comforting, he looked more like a feral dog baring his teeth than any real show of humor. Humans came in all shades of the spectrum, but she had to admit, as illogical as it was, she preferred kind eyes and foolish sincerity.

"Perhaps it's for the best that you chose me, and Vulcan. In the event of your worst case scenario, I know for a fact your cold calculating manner would fit in quite well there." Her voice was bland, not a trace gave away the fact she meant it as an insult. It didn't take her long to commit the contents of the PADD to memory. She handed the device back to the Captain.

"There was not much there I am not already aware of. I believe we should request Commander O'Connell's presence as well, if she has not already departed the Starbase. I recall her being less than... keen to remain here." That was an understatement. Having shared space in the Sickbay while recovering, T'Prina knew all too well the Commander's repeated desire to leave the Columbus and 'that psychotic A.I.' behind.

[DSR]

The personal rancor reflected in her remarks was surprising. Adeyemi would have to watch this one. If her emotions were close to the surface...it didn't bear thinking about. T'Prina could save him, in any case, by asking for asylum after she had requested diplomatic status.

"Good thinking, lieutenant." He said. "=/\=Adeyemi to O'Connell. Commander, get yourself to the Diplomatic Situation Room.=/\="

"=/\=Acknowledged, captain.=/\=" Came back a disembodied, Irish accented voice.

"Let us go," Adeyemi ordered. "Don't want to keep our audience waiting."

He led them through a series of back areas, kitchens, darkened studies. The Diplomatic area was a hybrid area consisting of quarters for visiting dignitaries, dining areas for them, and meeting rooms. Adeyemi had heard that the last commanding officer had once hosted a delegation of Federation diplomats, and no less than a murder and a brawl in the meeting itself had broken out. He shook his head.

When they had arrived in the appropriate room, Adeyemi saw that it consisted of a single chair in the center, harshly lit, for those being questioned, and two benches for counselors and chairs for the audience. With a wordless prayer, he moved to the defendant's table and waited.

Auzual Knox

NPC Inspector General Atal

Atal had shapeshifted with little effort to his facial features, though his attire was extremely formal. He looked around, would have sighed heavily if he had lungs and debated the room set-up.

"Computer. Transport 15 chairs to Diplomatic suite 3. Also, transport all consoles except one. Lower external lighting. Decrease temperature by 5 degrees."

As he repositioned the remaining chairs, he thought to himself how he would have much preferred the Cardassian design for the proceedings.

Atal looked on in silence as two officers entered the Diplomatic Situation Room. He did not impart any gesture or greeting.

"Computer. Begin recording."

Atal said with as much interest and enthusiasm as a dead Romulan.

"For the record, Inspector General Atal - present."

He waited for the other two to sit and state their names.

"As indicated in the file pertaining to Case 56112.3. Captain Adeyemi is brought to this tribunal due to his carelessness in allowing the continued use of a malfunctioning and dangerous AI system, Artificial Neural and Logistics Yeoman Node, hereon abbreviated as Analyn, that resulted in the deaths of 15 StarFleet officers and extensive damages to the StarBase Columbus."

"Your representative may speak on your behalf."

Atal looked up and noted the female Vulcan.

Wise. The Captain is not a complete fool. Though, isn't this the officer who got herself involved with the AI?

"Vulcan. Are you related to, or, have you ever been intimate with Captain Adeyemi? A relationship of a sexual nature?"

He looked to her, waiting for a response.

"Are you freely able to adequately represent Captain Adeyemi? Do you need to declare anything that shall impede this investigation? Do note that if you fail to recognize an important aspect of your involvement in this incident, you shall face your own tribunal."

Atal waited for the solids to simply confirm to the formalities. He knew they can be so slow to take up information. Though speech was an imperfect and ineffective method of communicating. It would have been so much easier if the Captain had been a Changeling, they could have simply joined and Atal would have been able to know it all. Done. Over in moments.

He began, waiting between each question for the Captain to confer with Lt. T'Prina and to compose their response.

"Captain, for the record, where were you during the integration of the Analyn AI system? Who was responsible for the development of the program? Were you just too ignorant of the Analyn AI system when you took command of the Station?"

"Please explain the events that occurred following your arrival to the Station with regard to the Analyn AI system. Did you perform the necessary due diligence to confirm that the Analyn system was safe for the Station? Or, were you simply too busy to look into the matter further?"

"When did you realize that the Analyn AI system was dangerous? How could you let the disorder and chaos continue? Isn't it your responsibility to keep the Station and all onboard safe? Surely, with all of your previous experience are you not qualified to assess the dangers and act accordingly to prevent loss of life?"

"Captain, were you simply blissfully ignorant to the contradictory forces occurring when you ordered the tractor beams from several ships to prevent the falling orbit of the Station? Do you regret your decision now?"

"Lt. T'Prina. If I am correct, you linked with the system, disengaging safety protocols, putting yourself and those around you at risk to bring an end to the rogue Analyn system? Where was your Captain during this time?"

Atal remembered that solids are not accustomed to him not Á¢â,¬Ëœtaking a breath' nor a break. But he felt that the heated situation required both.

"We shall break."

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on September 08, 2017, 11:07:40 AM

Atal had shapeshifted with little effort to his facial features, though his attire was extremely formal. He looked around, would have sighed heavily if he had lungs and debated the room set-up.

"Computer. Transport 15 chairs to Diplomatic suite 3. Also, transport all consoles except one. Lower external lighting. Decrease temperature by 5 degrees."

As he repositioned the remaining chairs, he thought to himself how he would have much preferred the Cardassian design for the proceedings.

Atal looked on in silence as two officers entered the Diplomatic Situation Room. He did not impart any gesture or greeting.

"Computer. Begin recording."

Atal said with as much interest and enthusiasm as a dead Romulan.

"For the record, Inspector General Atal - present."

He waited for the other two to sit and state their names.

"As indicated in the file pertaining to Case 56112.3. Captain Adeyemi is brought to this tribunal due to his carelessness in allowing the continued use of a malfunctioning and dangerous AI system, Artificial Neural and Logistics Yeoman Node, hereon abbreviated as Analyn, that resulted in the deaths of 15 StarFleet officers and extensive damages to the StarBase Columbus."

"Your representative may speak on your behalf."

Atal looked up and noted the female Vulcan.

Wise. The Captain is not a complete fool. Though, isn't this the officer who got herself involved with the AI?

"Captain, for the record, where were you during the integration of the Analyn AI system? Who was responsible for the development of the program? Were you just too ignorant to the Analyn AI system when you took command of the Station?"

[DSR]

Adeyemi bristled. He wasn't a calm man, one to take insults and roll over like a dog and lick his bollocks.

"The system was installed before my arrival," He protested sharply. "If you want to interrogate someone on that, talk to the damned fool who authorized it before me."

"Please explain the events that occurred following your arrival on the Station with regard to the Analyn AI system. Did you perform the necessary due diligence to confirm that the Analyn system was safe for the Station? Or, were you simply too busy to look into the matter further?"

[DSR]

"I conducted a review of all systems prior to my arrival, and inspected it again upon arrival." Adeyemi said hotly. "In fact, I ordered a level three diagnostic of that system, among others. If I was busy, it was making sure that this Station was secure!"

"When did you realize that the Analyn AI system was dangerous? How could you let the disorder and chaos continue? Isn't it your responsibility to keep the Station and all onboard safe? Surely, with all of your previous experience are you not qualified to assess the dangers and act accordingly to prevent loss of life!"

[DSR]

"We knew that Analyn was dangerous when minor systems began failing or going all colo! How else would we know?!" Adeyemi's voice was raised and his accent had thickened up, indicating stress. "You dey craze? You think me fool pass garri?!"

"Captain, were you simply blissfully ignorant to the contradictory forces occurring when you ordered the tractor beams from several ships to prevent the falling orbit of the Station? Do you regret your decision?"

[DSR]

"Why you dey fall my hand?!" Adeyemi was on his feet, eyes blazing and wide, finger pointed at the inspector general, his accent swinging wildly back and forth, sounding like an enraged English dock worker one minute and an infuriated Yoruba father the next. "You bloody whinich!"

From his posture and tone is was clear the word was not complimentary.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Tanner Lachlyn on September 07, 2017, 11:25:05 PM

[Location: Puzzles]

Tritter heard the Cadet's voice, as he was about ten feet away. The large man rose to his feet, exited the storage area and made his way over towards the Cadet. He than looked towards her and said, "Cadet, follow me" His tone was laced with it's usual thick German accent. He than motioned with his right hand, to which the glove he was wearing on it had a good bit of blood on it.

Once she made her way towards him, the large man turned on a heel and made his way back towards the storage area. He led her to the body, it was that of a large man, who was about six and a half feet tall. Tritter estimated his weight at a bit under 300 pounds. The man was in a highly un-natural position for one to die in, which lead Tritter to believe he had moved.

He kneeled down infront of the man, who had bruises all over his visible body parts, head, neck and arms. Their shirt and pants were torn in several places. It was very clear to him that the man was in a fight with several assailants due to the varying bruise sizes on the man. Tritter started to look through the man's pockets as he looked to the Cadet. He than asked her the following, "Cadet, tell me what you see, and I do not mean literally" His heavily accented voice was smooth but firm as he spoke. His directions clear and to the point.

Tritter had already catalogued the man's injuries, including a large V that was burnt into his chest and abdomen. But he arranged things such that the Cadet would have to examine the body, the Executive Officer was using it as a training exercise.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Auzual Knox

[DSR]

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on September 08, 2017, 12:23:21 PM

Adeyemi bristled. He wasn't a calm man, one to take insults and roll over like a dog and lick his bollocks.
"The system was installed before my arrival," He protested sharply. "If you want to interrogate someone on that, talk to the damned fool who authorized it before me."

"I conducted a review of all systems prior to my arrival, and inspected it again upon arrival." Adeyemi said hotly. "In fact, I ordered a level three diagnostic of that system, among others. If I was busy, it was making sure that this Station was secure!"

"We knew that Analyn was dangerous when minor systems began failing or going all colo! How else would we know?!" Adeyemi's voice was raised and his accent had thickened up, indicating stress. "You dey craze? You think me fool pass garri?!"

"Why you dey fall my hand?!" Adeyemi was on his feet, eyes blazing and wide, finger pointed at the inspector general, his accent swinging wildly back and forth, sounding like an enraged English dock worker one minute and an infuriated Yoruba father the next. "You bloody whinich!"

From his posture and tone is was clear the word was not complimentary.

Atal reevaluated his first impression.

No, this man is a fool.

He was also somewhat annoyed, though very used to the fact that solids never followed protocol.

"Computer. Let it be known that the voice heard, apart from my own, was of Captain Malcolm Adeyemi."

"Sit down, Captain. Might I suggest that you compose yourself, and at the very least confer, or better still, allow your Representative to respond for you?"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.