Author Topic: S2:M1 - The Hero We Deserve  (Read 18539 times)

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S2:M1 - The Hero We Deserve
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2017, 03:35:42 am »

Subspace Transmission:

Atal
Inspector General
Star Fleet Internal Affairs
California, Earth

Doctor Naira,
Lieutenant Commander, Chief Medical Officer & Second Officer
Starbase Columbus

Dear Dr. Naira,

Following our initial introductory transmission, please be advised that we shall require the following of you during the trial:

- Complete medical evaluation of Captain Malcom Adeyemi following the integration of the Analyn sentient AI program.
- Medical history of Malcom Adeyemi that you believe relate to his case.

You shall be asked to give a complete review of the events during the initialization and integration of the Analyn AI.

We also ask that you elect a professional of your choosing to complete a psychological assessment and evaluation of Captain Malcom Adeyemi and who shall be called to explain.

Atal
Inspector General

[Puzzles]

Her padd beeped with the transmission. She took a moment to let it sink in before she let out a deep sigh. Naira had a feeling that the inspector was going to want a report on the captain, it was fairly standard procedure in cases in which a captain loses control over their post and multiple lives are lost, but that didn't mean that she had to like her role in it. More often than not, the medical history and psychological evaluations were used to discredit and undermine the testimony of whoever was to be investigated.

However, it was a job that needed to be done and she knew the perfect person to do it. Dr. Lunn had been there to treat his injuries and exposure. He would have the best idea as to his state of mind and given his abilities, she was sure that he could gain a deeper insight.

Knox stretched and noticed Dr. Naira sitting at the table to her right at the end. She did not want to disturb her, as she too seemed quite perplexed reading her own padd, but Knox stood up and walked over.

"Doctor. Would you mind company?"

She placed her padd faced down on the table before addressing the other woman. "Lieutenant Knox, please take a seat. How are you doing today?"

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • And in a moment, Knox realized it had all changed.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2017, 01:59:10 pm »
[Puzzles]

She placed her padd faced down on the table before addressing the other woman. "Lieutenant Knox, please take a seat. How are you doing today?"

Knox had her hand on the chair as she asked, thus was relieved by the offer to sit down.

"Looking forward to my return to Trill, though concerned over my needing to delay until following..."

She stopped in her tracks, though it was very likely that as senior officer Dr. Naira would also be called on to testify, she knew that she would also have been told to not disclose anything.

"How have you been? The K'tomoc has now left the Station hasn't it? I hope your little ones were not too sad to see the General leave. The repairs are coming along well in Ops, I am especially looking forward to the new multi-sensory layout. Star Fleet were holding back from updating Starbases. Though we made the case that just because we do not move towards the unknown, it does not mean that the unknown does not find us!"

It was difficult to not mention what was really getting to her.

Ok, no mention of the Captain or the trial. Or the Inspector General, or the 'incident' or Analyn or anything.

"I have not seen Lt. T'Prina since that day. How did you manage to handle all of that in the end?"

Knox was glad to be in the Doctor's company again. So much so that she forgot what was soon to happen, but glancing at her padd whilst looking around for Leanna, made her remember and her smiled faded.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 04:10:33 pm by Katharoz Knox »

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2017, 02:22:07 pm »
Main Engineering
The past couple of weeks had been non-stop for Dan, given the incident concerning the computer core and Analyn. He still hadn't had the time to study the analyn program, but she had been very helpful with repairs to the base. He was aware the Inspector General was on board carrying out an investigation, he was just glad he hadn't been called into the hearing.

With repairs nearing completion, all that was needed was an inspection of the base externally, which he intended to do later on using one of the base's shuttles, but firstly he needed to study this analyn program incase something happened again or he was questioned on the spot for whatever reason. He grabbed a couple of PADD's calling to a nearby engineer Make sure that everythign is cross checked and a level 3 diagnostic is run on everything, I need this base in top condition and leave an audit on my desk. Aye sir, repairs are almost complete so I'll start organsing inspection teams now. Dan nodded in acknowledgement and made his way to the bar.

Puzzles
Arriving a few moments later at Puzzles, he noticed it was quite busy, mostly with faces he recognised, not wanting to disturbe any of them as they were all clearly either busy or talking, he got a coffee and began reading into the analyn program.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2017, 03:04:07 pm »
[Upper Stem Deck 278 - Leanna's Quarters]

After being spooked by her communication device going off Leanna laid in Alex's arms for a little while longer until she finally decided that maybe she should head into work now rather than later as there was no way she was going to be able to relax properly and the distraction would do her good. Despite his protestations and very tempting offer to have another hour or so in bed she pinned him down and looked into his eyes. " How about you stay the night again instead and I'll even wear the dress you like for work " she said almost whispering.

She knew that he liked the idea before he responded " Deal Lea and I'll come with you to the bar and help out until the band play tonight" .

" Sounds good to me now let's get ready and head over there see what Eliana has been up too" she said with a grin as she let him go and walked over to the closet to pick out the dress Alex liked before heading into the bathroom to take a quick shower.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/71/23/33/712333e9afbd3c296bcde28cf5f9cfc9.jpg

Once she was finished and hair left loose which is a style she preferred she got dressed and allowed Alex to hold her hand as they left her quarters for the turbolift.

[Puzzles]

So as not to raise suspicion any public signs of affection were left inside the lift as Leanna and Alex walked the short distance from the lift along the Promenade and into her busy bar. Her staff of course knew about her fling but they also knew not to say anything or question her choices if they wanted to keep their jobs but then again they were like family and happy as long as she was especially after what had happened with Matthias and why she had started again on Columbus.

Alex left her to go and help out Seamus behind the bar and she acknowledged him, Maggie and Max with a smile and a wave before noticing Eliana by the kitchen followed by Jenna, Molly and finally Knox with another woman who she recognised as Dr Naira. She decided to go catch up with Knox first then she would do the same with Jenna and Molly.

" Hello there Knox, Dr Naira " she said in her usual polite and friendly way as she approached their table.

Offline Jenna McKinson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2017, 08:19:32 pm »
[ Puzzles ]

Jenna and Molly were enjoying their morning coffee. Molly was always jealous of the snake ring Jenna had on her right hand. The events that happened two weeks prior were a blur. Even leading up to her waking up in the cargo bay seemed a fuzz. Despite Jenna filling her in on the details, she still found it hard to believe what happened. She still admired Jenna for keeping the ring. Though she did not see her as a snake, Molly did think Jenna's cunning nature fit with the jewelry. Jenna seemed a bit different in those past two weeks. She found herself being pushed in a few aspects of her life. Since begging Molly to be her workout partner, the two took to sparing to better their combat. Though it was a work in progress, they did feel their bond getting stronger. She in turn taught Caleb yoga. In those two weeks, Catrin was giving Caleb an extra workload. She figured it would help him. "Remind me next video call to introduce you to Cal and his fiance," Jenna said. Molly nodded in response and took a sip of coffee.

Molly then noticed their boss Dan walking into puzzles. The two gave each other a nod and actually tried to flag him down. Molly then noticed Dan sit down alone, though she knew he looked deep in thought, she thought she would at least greet him for the morning. She didn't grab her coffee as she would try to bait him over to chat with her and Jenna. "Good Morning Dan. How are you this morning? You are welcome to join Jenna and I if you want," Molly said. While this happened Eliana watched from the food stand. Though she was really surveying the crowd, she was keeping a close eye on Jenna. If she was to win Jenna back quickly, she would need to be subtle about it.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2017, 09:35:30 pm »
[Location: Operations and Executive Officer's Office]

Tritter seemed to actually benefit mentally from being able to walk through Operations peacefully without seeing the bodies. He actually had held one of the crewmen's hands as he passed away. Those images were powerful, he closed his eyes for the moment, he saw himself kneeled over a young man in a teal Starfleet uniform. The man was young, no more than maybe twenty years of age. They had a large contusion to the head with blood dripping down their face, they also had a large beam laying across their torso. The man was scared, the man underneath asked him, "Sir... I am going to be ok right?" Tritter remembered told the man he would be ok, but he knew it would be a falsehood. The man held tightly onto the Executive Officer's large right hand, Tritter gazed upon the man with a calming gaze. He had been in these situations before. He shook his head slightly, as he wanted to purge the image out of his head. He knew that these images are hard to get out of his head, but he knew with him that he would.

He seemed comfortable to leave Operations for the time being. He had some other matters to attend to anyways, but he needed a chance to put some mental closure on the death that happened in Operations. He would than make his way out of Operations, he had to head back to his office to take care of the after action reports from the prior mission and he heard some scuttlebutt about how things were being scrutinized due to the situation regarding the shipboard AI. He was reviewing the reports as a way of letting his mind calm down from what happened at the end of the last mission. He was sitting comfortably in his office, in a silent area where he could simply review what happened in peace and let his mind wind down.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2017, 01:26:47 am »
[Puzzles]
Knox had her hand on the chair as she asked, thus was relieved by the offer to sit down.

"Looking forward to my return to Trill, though concerned over my needing to delay until following..."

She stopped in her tracks, though it was very likely that as senior officer Dr. Naira would also be called on to testify, she knew that she would also have been told to not disclose anything.

"How have you been? The K'tomoc has now left the Station hasn't it? I hope your little ones were not too sad to see the General leave. The repairs are coming along well in Ops, I am especially looking forward to the new multi-sensory layout. Star Fleet were holding back from updating Starbases. Though we made the case that just because we do not move towards the unknown, it does not mean that the unknown does not find us!"

It was difficult to not mention what was really getting to her.

Ok, no mention of the Captain or the trial. Or the Inspector General, or the 'incident' or Analyn or anything.

"I have not seen Lt. T'Prina since that day. How did you manage to handle all of that in the end?"

Knox was glad to be in the Doctor's company again. So much so that she forgot what was soon to happen, but glancing at her padd whilst looking around for Leanna, made her remember and her smiled faded.

[Puzzles]

Naira listened intently as Knox spoke about her trip. Though she had never been to Trill herself, from what she had heard of it from Leesill, she thought that one day she may like to visit it herself. The woman trailed off a bit towards the end, to which Naira was sure she had her reasons. Then, she changed the conversation.

Naira couldn't help but to chuckle at the mention of the general and her children. "Honestly, I think the older two and myself are looking forward to a little peace and quiet. The general has what you might describe as a...boisterous personality. In truth, I think he will miss having them around more. His children are grown and I don't think he gets the opportunity to see his grandchildren as often as he would like."

She listened to her comments about the Ops Center.

"I'm glad to hear that Starfleet has approved the updates. Being on the edge of Federation space doesn't always help our cause when trying to put in for new supplies or much needed updates."

Then, she asked of T'Prina.

"I hope you'll understand my reasons for not discussing a patient's medical well being, but I will say that I am continually amazed by the Vulcan mind's ability to heal after such an ordeal."

" Hello there Knox, Dr Naira " she said in her usual polite and friendly way as she approached their table.

"Hello," Naira said as she greeted the woman with a smile. She wasn't sure if the two of them had met before, so she assumed that the other woman must have known her by reputation. There weren't all that many Orions on the station and she had yet to met another in a Starfleet uniform.   

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2017, 08:38:34 am »

[Diplomatic Situation Room]

"May I inquire as to why you have chosen to cast me in this role? I do not believe my service record contains a history of law." The Vulcan steepled her fingers on the tabletop in front of her as she considered Adeyemi. They had not engaged in any meaningful interaction since the incident with the Xa'zii. Perhaps her actions then or most currently with ANaLYN had left some sort of impression on him.

[Diplomatic Situation Room]

"Its the smart play, lieutenant." Adeyemi said shortly. "A JAG officer would be appointed by Starfleet itself. Considering that that is the same organization investigating me, I trust you more."

Waving to the seats in the room's conference table, Adeyemi sipped his tea, sat, and continued.

"You are a citizen of Vulcan, are you not?" The captain didn't wait for an answer. "When I was considering you to be my counsel, I came across an archaic Federation law. When a command level officer is on trial other citizens of Federation founding words can be granted temporary diplomatic powers. There are only three requirements: they cannot be related or married to the defendant, which you are not, and that they be of officer rank, graduates of a military or exploration academy, which you are. And that they be born on Andoria, Tellarite Prime, Vulcan, or Earth. If worse comes to worse, you can activate these powers and grant me sanctuary on Vulcan."

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2017, 10:21:04 am »
[Puzzles]

Seamus acknowledged Leanna's smile and wave with one of his own happy that she was finally here but at the same time didn't blame her for having some fun after all he had been there with her from the start and seen what she had gone through at the hands of Matthias. He still remembered seeing the blood and thinking she was dead which occasionally haunted him from time to time but the main thing was she had survived and they were here stronger than before.

" So Alex have a good night last night" he said teasingly as Alex approached earning him a playful nip to the arm. "Well if you must know okay I better not say too much but it went well and hey as long as Lea is happy so am I"Alex replied as he walked behind the bar.

" That's true and it's what we all want"Seamus responded honestly grinning at his friend who's band he had recommended to Leanna when they arrived and was glad she had hired them and fallen for their lead singers rugged charm. " Anyway we can talk later now that your here if you can deal with those crates there, I'll go and get some more from the secondary store room".

" Sure give me a shout if you need any help"

Seamus acknowledged him with a wave then walked round the counter past the office and first aid area until he reached the secondary store room. It wasn't used a lot but with the bar being busy he had decided to store extra crates and such in there to be collected when needed and rotate the stock. He went to open the door but for some reason it appeared to be jammed after a couple of well placed shoves he managed to get it to budge but when he did something came flying out at him and unable to get out of the way in time it landed on him.

He looked up in horror as he realised it was a dead body and was immediately frozen to the spot for a minute or two before finding his voice and yelled for Leanna.

[Restaurant Area]

Leanna had been about to reply to Dr Naira's greeting when she heard Seamus yell for her which was completely out of character for him to do so and wondered what was going on as she could tell from here that he was terrified. " If you excuse me both I'll be right back in the meantime I'll send Eliana over to take your order" she said turning round and not wanting to alarm anyone walked as quickly as she could. Passing Eliana she indicated the table with Knox and Naira knowing she would understand before finally she found Seamus and the source of why he had yelled.

Seeing the body brought back painful memories of her past something she thought she was finally free from and knew she had to remain calm and not panic despite the sick feeling rising inside of her. Summoning up all of her strength she helped Seamus to get the body off him and as she laid it on the floor noticed the letter V scorched into it's clothing. Too shocked to speak at first until Seamus spoke to her as she helped him to his feet.

" It was in the secondary store room Lea and I have no idea how it got there or who it is but thank you for coming, I know its not easy seeing this kind of stuff"He said his voice still charged with emotion.

" True Seamus but your like family I had to come over and we need to deal with this properly and quietly so we don't have everyone panic and run out" she replied " Go and alert Security then we'll figure out what to do with the bar".

He nodded taking one last look at the body that had sprung out at him before walking to the office to notify Security.

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2017, 05:14:42 pm »
[Puzzles]

Naira couldn't help but to chuckle at the mention of the general and her children. "Honestly, I think the older two and myself are looking forward to a little peace and quiet. The general has what you might describe as a...boisterous personality. In truth, I think he will miss having them around more. His children are grown and I don't think he gets the opportunity to see his grandchildren as often as he would like."

"Oh right! I can imagine they are looking forward to getting your undivided attention again, also."

Knox imagined that the General would also miss something else, however decided against mentioning it, for now. She looked forward to the day her and Naira could enjoy the Hoobishan baths together and following a massage, discuss their Klingon counterparts.

"I'm glad to hear that Starfleet has approved the updates. Being on the edge of Federation space doesn't always help our cause when trying to put in for new supplies or much needed updates."

"Indeed. I hope that it is not as difficult for you to get medical equipment and supplies as it is for us to get the latest in sensors and real-time visualizing systems."

Knox was about to go into the various new 'toys' and ulta-specifications in Ops though decided also for another time. They both were sitting with their padds and had a similar look of exhaustion due to over-thinking.

"I hope you'll understand my reasons for not discussing a patient's medical well being, but I will say that I am continually amazed by the Vulcan mind's ability to heal after such an ordeal."

"Of course. My curiosity got the better of me. And, interesting. Never a dull moment around here!"

That brought back the trial to her mind.

"Hello there Knox, Dr Naira " she said in her usual polite and friendly way as she approached their table.

Knox smiled. Leanna just had this ability to make her feel calm.

"Hello Leanna, hope all is well in the sassiest place on the Station. Love the white dress, btw."

He looked up in horror as he realised it was a dead body and was immediately frozen to the spot for a minute or two before finding his voice and yelled for Leanna.

"If you excuse me both I'll be right back in the meantime I'll send Eliana over to take your order" she said turning round and not wanting to alarm anyone walked as quickly as she could. Passing Eliana she indicated the table with Knox and Naira knowing she would understand before finally she found Seamus and the source of why he had yelled.
cked to speak at first until Seamus spoke to her as she helped him to his feet.

"Of course. I hope everything is ok."

From the way the man shouted for Leanna, it was clear that everything really was not ok. Knox looked to Dr. Naira as to whether they should get up and follow Leanna.

"Should we? It did not sound like he was calling Leanna due to running out of yamok sauce..."
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 05:21:06 pm by Katharoz Knox »

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2017, 02:10:55 pm »
Molly then noticed their boss Dan walking into puzzles. The two gave each other a nod and actually tried to flag him down. Molly then noticed Dan sit down alone, though she knew he looked deep in thought, she thought she would at least greet him for the morning. She didn't grab her coffee as she would try to bait him over to chat with her and Jenna. "Good Morning Dan. How are you this morning? You are welcome to join Jenna and I if you want," Molly said. While this happened Eliana watched from the food stand. Though she was really surveying the crowd, she was keeping a close eye on Jenna. If she was to win Jenna back quickly, she would need to be subtle about it.
Puzzles
Howell was deep into going through the sub routines of Analyn, taking a sip of his coffee every so often. A couple of minutes later, Molly approached him. "Good morning Molly, I'm not bad thank you, how are you?" He politely asked in return. He took up on the offer to join her and Jenna replying "I'd love to join ya, thank you." He picked up his PADD's and coffee and motioned for Molly to go first.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2017, 04:48:00 pm »
[Puzzles]

Knox smiled. Leanna just had this ability to make her feel calm.

"Hello Leanna, hope all is well in the sassiest place on the Station. Love the white dress, btw."

"Of course. I hope everything is ok."

From the way the man shouted for Leanna, it was clear that everything really was not ok. Knox looked to Dr. Naira as to whether they should get up and follow Leanna.

"Should we? It did not sound like he was calling Leanna due to running out of yamok sauce..."

[Puzzles]

The first thought to enter her mind was that the shouting did not sound like one for assistance so much as one for help. She sensed an hint of urgency and distress to his tone. Her hand was already on the table, pushing herself upward when she got a look from Knox that implied that she felt the same way.

"I think we should investigate."

Naira got up from the table and followed after Leanna. She made her way towards the back of the establishment, past a couple of doors and found the woman standing in what looked to be a storage room with a man's body on the floor. She bent down to examine the body. Without any of her medical gear, the best she could do was a visual examination.

She didn't have to check for a pulse as the level of burns on his body would have killed the average human without immediate medical attention. In addition to that, he had a number of bruises that were already changing color and his body was contorted in a weird position that indicated that he had been moved in some capacity.

"Leanna, have you contacted security yet? How often do you use this room?"

Her mind was flooded with questions but that was why they had protocols for this sort of thing.

She stepped just outside the room so that she could speak freely. =/\=Doctor Naira to Commander Tritter, I'm sorry to report that a body has been discovered on the promenade. Security is being alerted, but initial examination seems to imply that there has been a murder. I will wait for security to investigate the scene, then I will have the body transported back to sickbay and conduct a thorough autopsy. I will send you my report when I have it.=/\=

So much for lunch.     

Offline Thomas Jett

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Three year award Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2017, 05:42:42 pm »
CitizenGolden Boy

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2017, 06:11:26 pm »
[Puzzles]

The first thought to enter her mind was that the shouting did not sound like one for assistance so much as one for help. She sensed an hint of urgency and distress to his tone. Her hand was already on the table, pushing herself upward when she got a look from Knox that implied that she felt the same way.

"Agreed."

Knox was pretty much standing as her and Naira came to the same conclusion.

Naira got up from the table and followed after Leanna. She made her way towards the back of the establishment, past a couple of doors and found the woman standing in what looked to be a storage room with a man's body on the floor. She bent down to examine the body. Without any of her medical gear, the best she could do was a visual examination.

She didn't have to check for a pulse as the level of burns on his body would have killed the average human without immediate medical attention. In addition to that, he had a number of bruises that were already changing color and his body was contorted in a weird position that indicated that he had been moved in some capacity.

Knox was not great with dead bodies. She watched as the Doctor carried out her duties elegantly, despite the whole cold blood situation, and stood with Leanna stroking her arm.

"Do you have an estimate of time of death, Doctor?"

Looking to Leanna, "I can imagine Security are going to want all of your live-cam footage. And, you may have to ask that all of your staff and everyone else do not leave the premises, they shall need to give statements. You may also need to temporarily close ...."

Knox could not bring herself to finish her sentence. She knew that this was the one thing that would upset Leanna even more than finding a dead man in her storage room.

=/\= Lt. Knox. Meet me. Diplomatic Suite 2. Now. =/\=

Crap...

Knox did not recognize the voice over comm, however she instantly realized who it was and what it meant.

"Doctor, I think I must leave. For the C... I need to go. Please tell Security that I shall pass by for an interview ASAP after I. Following the. When finished."

She did not want to leave Leanna nor go against protocol for the discovery of a victim. But there was another urgent matter that she needed to attend to. Knox waited for the 'acknowledged and go' nod from her superior officer.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 06:14:39 pm by Katharoz Knox »

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2017, 06:31:18 pm »
[Puzzles]

Her mind was flooded with questions but that was why they had protocols for this sort of thing.

She stepped just outside the room so that she could speak freely. =/\=Doctor Naira to Commander Tritter, I'm sorry to report that a body has been discovered on the promenade. Security is being alerted, but initial examination seems to imply that there has been a murder. I will wait for security to investigate the scene, then I will have the body transported back to sickbay and conduct a thorough autopsy. I will send you my report when I have it.=/\=

So much for lunch.     

[Puzzles]

"Agreed."

Knox was pretty much standing as her and Naira came to the same conclusion.

Knox was not great with dead bodies. She watched as the Doctor carried out her duties elegantly, despite the whole cold blood situation, and stood with Leanna stroking her arm.

"Do you have an estimate of time of death, Doctor?"

Looking to Leanna, "I can imagine Security are going to want all of your live-cam footage. And, you may have to ask that all of your staff and everyone else do not leave the premises, they shall need to give statements. You may also need to temporarily close ...."

Knox could not bring herself to finish her sentence. She knew that this was the one thing that would upset Leanna even more than finding a dead man in her storage room.

=/\= Lt. Knox. Meet me. Diplomatic Suite 2. Now. =/\=

Crap...

Knox did not recognize the voice over comm, however she instantly realized who it was and what it meant.

"Doctor, I think I must leave. For the C... I need to go. Please tell Security that I shall pass by for an interview ASAP after I. Following the. When finished."

She did not want to leave Leanna nor go against protocol for the discovery of a victim. But there was another urgent matter that she needed to attend to. Knox waited for the 'acknowledged and go' nod from her superior officer.

[Puzzles]

Leanna didn't know how to feel at that moment seeing the dead body had brought back painful memories of Matthias and her own brush with death so much so that she didn't hear or see Naira and Knox at first until Naira naturally began checking over the body. Looking away finally as she felt Knox stroke her arm and appreciated the comfort.

Her mind blurred with emotion and what she needed to do regaining her focus when Naira asked if she had contacted Security and how often was the storage room used. " I told Seamus to contact Security and as for the room its used once a week normally but we've had to order extra stock lately and .... she stopped for a moment dreading to think how long the body had been there and despite the circumstances was glad in a way that it had been found now and not in a couple of days but it was still a huge shock especially after that missed call earlier.

Taking a deep breath she continued " Sorry I meant to add that because of the extra stock and having to rotate it, the room was accessed earlier than usual".

When Knox then turned to her, she listened and understood and yes she didn't want to particularly close the bar but if it came to it then she would have no problem doing so and appreciated what Knox was trying to avoid and not upsetting her. " I understand and I'll have all of that ready just in case they do and my staff and I will fully cooperate " she said " Also if it comes to it then I won't hesitate to close the bar " she added picking up that Knox didn't want to leave but again understood when it came to duty.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles