S2:M1 - The Hero We Deserve

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, September 01, 2017, 07:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Adeyemi

Station Log, stardate 5771.8.

Two weeks have passed since the events that lead to so much damage and confusion on the Starbase Columbus. Our casualties may have been light, but Starfleet Command is investigating the matter at a speed which defies usual bureaucratic foot dragging. I am not very pleased to welcome an inspector general from Starfleet Internal Affairs. This officer will be investigating my role in bringing the ANaLYN system online. I would have liked to turn the system off for the visit, but...our engineers have been unable to. Analyn has not misbehaved, in fact she is helping with repairs a great deal, but she also refuses to be taken offline. This development is disturbing.

The inspector general will be making the final decision in my role of culpability in last month's events, and deciding if Analyn is going to remain online. I have taken refuge in my favorite place in the Station, the chapel.

By the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Captain Malcolm Adeyemi.

[Chapel]

Before Adeyemi had arrived, the Starbase's chapel had been some dowdy, overblown affair run by some butter brain chaplain straight out of the Academy. Worship for the Christians on the Columbus had consisted of uplifting music, upbeat sermons, a great deal of dancing, good food, and activities for the children. Adeymei had put an end to that.

He had brought in the nearest thing to an actual priest he could lay his hands on, a Vulcan Friar named T'Vol. He and Adeyemi had stripped the chapel of its plush carpets, colorful drapes, the art on the walls. In its place was now a raw metal deck, bare walls, no portholes, and a single crucifix. The cross prior to his renovations had been a simple affair, something modern and understated. T'Vol and Adeyemi had replaced it with a large, forceful wooden crucifex, complete with an intense Christ, His face twisted in what could only be described as righteous indignation, His eyes turned towards the heavens.

Adeyemi knelt before it now, but his mind was not clear, and he took no solace from his presence there. Far off in the corner, Friar T'Vol puttered about, sweeping up the deck. He had offered the Vulcan a modern cleaning unit, feeling that the house of God should at least be spotless, but the old man had shook his head and explained that labor, not convenience, was the way to salvation.

"Captain?" A voice behind him said.

Painfully, he stood. His knees clicked and popped, sounding like small caliber gunshots. He stretched and turned.

"Yes, ensign?" Adeyemi asked, his voice hoarse from not having been used.

"The inspector general officer has arrived." A young officer informed him.

"Very well." Adeyemi said. "Have our guest greeted, offer them every hospitality. I am sure they will call upon me soon."

"Yes, sir." The officer said. "Sir? ...your knees."

Adeyemi glanced down, saw dark stains leaking through his uniform pants. He could feel a bit of wetness down there, now that it was mentioned. Blood. Adeyemi had been kneeling a long time.

"Christ bled for us, ensign. It's only polite to return the favor." The captain said, in what passed for a joke for him. Friar T'Vol, an ill-tempered and humorless man even for a Vulcan monk, still shook his head in silent disapproval.

"=/\=Captain Adeyemi to Lieutenant T'Prina. Please meet me in the Diplomatic Situation Room.=/\="

Leanna Mazal

[Upper Stem Deck 278 - Leanna's Quarters]

"Hey sleepyhead its time to get up unless you want a riot on your hands if you don't open up on time" Alex almost whispered as he hovered over the sleeping form of Leanna. The sound of his melodic voice made her smile and she reluctantly opened her eyes to see him hovering. " Well Mr Wilkinson tempting though it is to get up you don't have to worry about me not getting to the bar in time as Seamus is opening up today " she replied pushing him gently back onto the bed.

His smile and thoughts said everything at her piece of good news and went to playfully grab her but she wrangled out of his grasp. The last two weeks had been pretty good for the young Betazoid and her flourishing business apart from an incident concerning someone from home that left her utterly disappointed and upset that their permanent move was going to be delayed by at least another month which resulted in her breaking her not dating an employee rule when Alex comforted her and one thing led to another.

She never once regretted what had happened between her and Alex or the time they had spent together since then. They had decided to make the most of it as they both knew it was going to be a temporary thing which suited the pair of them. She turned and looked at him as she admitted defeat and let him hold her and she had to admit it felt good to be with someone again even if it wasn't serious.

" Well since you don't have to rush out on me we can have a lazy couple of hours before we're needed at the bar" Alex almost whispered.

" That's very true we can so I'm gonna go back to sleep if that's okay with you" she teased before closing her eyes again. She doubted he would join her but it was nice just to be held and enjoy the time they had before she left for Puzzles.

Michael J. Tritter

[Location: Operations]

Tritter had resumed duties as "normal" for the past few weeks. Operations was in the middle of significant repairs due to the hull damage it had sustained, and therefore, it was unoccupied at this time.There was a part of him that felt he needed to at least take stock of the area after he had bagged up about thirty bodies from the significantly damaged Operations area. It was almost healing for him to see the area at least under repairs.

He walked through the area with an eerie silence. His large right hand ran idly across where they were repairing the hull damage. There was a certain... anxiety he felt as he touched it, as if the people who had been sucked into space are still "stuck" in the area, he could feel as if they were there and angry. He sighed a bit, their lives were lost well before their time, and he hoped the other ships would have treated them with the same dignity as he did for the ones that they had found. He seemed content to just take a look around the area, it was an area that simply felt that there was still people here who weren't quite ready to leave and had unfinished business. It didn't bother him, but it did make him feel a bit edgy, but never the less, he didn't leave until he had finished going over the whole area.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Naira

[Primary Sickbay]

It had been a long and tiresome two weeks since the incident with Analyn and the Neural Core. It had taken longer than she would have liked for minor structural repairs to be made to sickbay and delicate equipment to be realigned. More bodies had turned up during later sweeps and they too had to be bagged, identified and added to the list of names to which families needed to be contacted. Autopsies had be preformed and what felt like an endless flow of patients streamed in to receive all manner of care for the various injuries they had acquired.

Her desk was piled high with an assortment of padds containing a list of new supplies they needed to order, patients they had treated, patients they had yet to treat, repairs that still needed to be done and so much more. While the traditionally, neatly organized office, served to help her relax; she felt anything but relaxed in it now. Over the past day or so, she had taken to completing paperwork on any other available surface she could find in sickbay.

It also gave her the satisfaction of feeling as if she took on a more visible role in getting things back in working order by knowing that the other doctors and patients could see her at all times.

At the moment, she stood leaned over an empty biobed, scrolling through a document she was compiling with one finger. Her back was to the door as she glanced up every so often to observe the work being down around her.

She didn't move at the sound of the door opening, the heavy footsteps that crossed the floor or the slight clinking of armor as it moved. Nor did she flinch as a heavy hand came to rest on her hip and her hair was pulled back, exposing her ear and neck. Yoduk breathed deeply against her neck. She smiled and looked over her shoulder at him.

"It is time."

"You came to say goodbye?" She turned around to face him and give him her full attention.

"We do not say goodbye when we will meet again." The universal translator seemed to fumble a bit in trying to translate the meaning behind his words. "After speaking with your captain, I have offered the crew and the civilians a chance to stay behind or catch a freighter back to Qo'noS. Most wish to rejoin the fight and regain their honor in glorious battle."

Had it been anyone else, she would have cautioned him to take care and to stay safe, but she knew that he would laugh it off. So instead, she she ran her hand down the side of his aged and wrinkled face. "You will always be welcome here should you return."

He smiled at her in return, then turned and left the room.

The K'tomoc, her crew and a fleet of Klingon vessels that had joined them were headed on their way back to their colony that they had lost to the Breen. Their pride and stubbornness wouldn't let them accept defeat so easily. They would continue the fight until they were successful or they lost a great many lives and ships in the process.

Auzual Knox

[Knox's Quarters]

Various Klingonese and shouting could be heard in the corridors. Though, anyone who walked by certainly knew better than to get involved. The argument was mostly about the order in which events occur in a relationship. Knox tried to explain that they do not need to get married and could just have a good time. That did not go down well with Ch'pok, who was extremely traditional.

"You are an insufferable Woman!"

"If it makes you feel any better, think of me as a man. I have been one. Several times! And, I AM NOT JOINING YOUR HOUSE. All those blood feuds take up too much time."

"I am leaving."

"I wish you a glorious death in battle."

"What more could a Warrior ask for?"

With that, they embraced and he kissed her with such passion and force that Knox could not help but pull him tightly towards her. Letting go, she played with his beard and then watched as he left. They were not into long goodbyes.

Knox began to pack. It was time to visit Trill. Though, she had to wait until following her interview with the Inspector General from Star Fleet. From their subspace transmission, she was alarmed and concerned for the Captain. He had only just survived being blasted into space and now this. Sighing, she put the PADD down on her bed as she started to fold clothing.

[Knox's PADD]
Atal
Inspector General
Star Fleet Command
California, Earth
Katharoz Knox
Starbase Columbus
Dear Lt. Knox,

Your presence is expected during the formal trial of Captain Malcolm Adeyemi. You are not at liberty to discuss this transmission or anything about the proceedings with anyone. If any of these restrictions are broken, there shall be severe formal consequences.

Atal
Inspector General

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Jenna McKinson

[ Jenna and Molly's Quarters]

It had been a blur of two weeks passing since the incident with the Analyn.  However, that didn't mean that Jenna and Molly couldn't celebrate or enjoy their downtime. Jenna had found a lovely vendor in the promenade to get a nice stock of wine from. Jenna and Molly had become rather close in the short time they lived together.  The day previous they both had a horrible day. After getting their showers for the evening, they popped open a bottle of wine and put on one of their favorite old earth films "A Walk To Remember". They had downed the bottle early and ingested more popcorn than any of them could fathom. The two found themselves curled up on the couch. Neither of them said anything as it was too comfy and neither of them made it seem awkward.

Jenna woke up with a slight post wine night headache. She then noticed Molly's long arms wrapped around her. She just shook her head and looked at her PADD sitting on the coffee table in front of her. Luckily her internal clock was running on time. She could easily go back to sleep or wake up Molly to grab a quick bite to eat at Puzzles. She decided on the latter and shifted a bit. She lightly shoot Molly and then smirked. "Ok Giraffe, I hate to ruin your beauty sleep, but we actually have time to grab breakfast out before our shift. My treat," Jenna said.

Molly groaned and then realized the position she was in. She blushed and Jenna rolled her eyes. "Oh come on. It's not the worst place you've woken up in. At least we keep it clean here," Jenna said. Molly then stuck her tongue out at Jenna furthering the Giraffe nickname. Jenna then egged her on stating that if they hurried, they could actually enjoy breakfast for once. "Ok fine... Let me go get changed first. You take forever to get ready Sloth," Molly said and ran off before Jenna could rebuttal.  Rather than roll her eyes Jenna just laughed. While Molly was getting ready, she layed out her uniform and checked her hair. It would need another dye treatment soon.

Molly was then ready and Jenna got changed quickly. "See I am not a Sloth today," Jenna said. "Yeah that's because there is food involved,"Molly quipped back. "Yeah, but I am paying remember? Your argument holds no grounds," Jenna said sticking her tongue out. "Yeah, well I'll bet your hoping to see that owner again eh? Don't argue with me. I know when you get the googly eyes,"Molly said. "What's to say I don't get them with you? I mean we both survived a shared explosion to the face after all,"Jenna said. "Whatever let's go," Molly said with playful irritation.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

T'Prina

[T'Prina's Quarters]

She shifted in his arms. The warm darkness was comforting, like the reassuring sound of his familiar heartbeat. She supposed there were less pleasant ways to spend one's time. She craned her head slightly to better see his face...

*BEEP!BEEP!BEEP!*

The morning alarm had her bolting straight up, alone in bed. Shutting the machine off, she ran her hands through her hair and attempted to clear her head. It had been two weeks since the incident with ANaLYN, and a week since she was released from Sickbay. Doctor Naira had done a remarkable job restoring what the link with the AI had damaged. Still she had been assigned to light duty, mainly supervising ensigns as they recalibrated delicate scientific tools and machinery.

The only real side effect she had been experiencing were these increasingly vivid dreams. Her childhood on Vulcan, time spent on Earth, the Academy. And some things that had never happened. She straightened her pillows with a thump. It was strange and unsettling, some memories and feelings were better left buried. She signed and went about her normal morning routine.

[Science Lab 3]

T'Prina sat at a desk pouring over several departmental reports when her commbadge chimed.

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on September 01, 2017, 07:36:26 AM

"=/\=Captain Adeyemi to Lieutenant T'Prina. Please meet me in the Diplomatic Situation Room.=/\="

=/\="Affirmative, sir. I shall head there directly. Lt. T'Prina out."=/\=

She idly wondered if it would be yet another discussion on ANaLYN. Athough the AI was finally functioning properly, it refused all efforts to be taken off line. The Vulcan supposed that was part of the issue with self aware sentient programs. That was more of an ethical debate rather than scientific, and that realm didn't concern her at this time. After handing the task of organizing the inventory spreadsheets to Ensigns Roth and Haggar, she headed to the turbolift.

[Diplomatic Situation Room]

T'Prina arrived well before the captain, so she decided to use the replicator for a mug of spice tea. The formal setting gave her the sense that the meeting was going to take some time, so she may as well have some small comfort while she was alone. She sat down and delicately sipped as she awaited the Captain's arrival.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Leanna Mazal

[Upper Stem Deck 278 - Leanna's Quarters]

Her intention of sleeping for a little longer didn't go quite as planned as no sooner had she closed her eyes content with the calming warm breath of Alex playing on the back of her neck, the personal communications device she always kept on the nightstand began to beep. Reluctantly she opened her eyes again and reached for it receiving a light kiss to her shoulder as she moved and grinned knowing that he hadn't gone to sleep after all which was fine with her.

However before she could answer it the device fell silent which could only mean one or two things that Seamus had called her in error or ...... the second she didn't want to think about not now when everything was going so well both with the business and Alex.

" Lea is everything okay ? "Alex asked his voice full of concern and to be honest she didn't want him to know as this belonged in her past and only shared it when needed especially if there was the possibility her life could be in danger.

" Yeah I'm okay probably Seamus forgetting that I told him where to find the list of jobs that needed doing before the lunchtime rush " she replied hoping that it was as it wouldn't be the first that he had done that although wasn't one to berate or get angry as that only happened if she was betrayed in any way.

Alex seemed convinced and that's all that mattered as to be honest she just wanted to forget about it and as he wrapped his arms around her again laid back into his embrace no longer tired but wanting to just enjoy the closeness for now.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: T'Prina on September 02, 2017, 10:23:31 AM

[T'Prina's Quarters]

She shifted in his arms. The warm darkness was comforting, like the reassuring sound of his familiar heartbeat. She supposed there were less pleasant ways to spend one's time. She craned her head slightly to better see his face...

*BEEP!BEEP!BEEP!*

The morning alarm had her bolting straight up, alone in bed. Shutting the machine off, she ran her hands through her hair and attempted to clear her head. It had been two weeks since the incident with ANaLYN, and a week since she was released from Sickbay. Doctor Naira had done a remarkable job restoring what the link with the AI had damaged. Still she had been assigned to light duty, mainly supervising ensigns as they recalibrated delicate scientific tools and machinery.

The only real side effect she had been experiencing were these increasingly vivid dreams. Her childhood on Vulcan, time spent on Earth, the Academy. And some things that had never happened. She straightened her pillows with a thump. It was strange and unsettling, some memories and feelings were better left buried. She signed and went about her normal morning routine.

[Science Lab 3]

T'Prina sat at a desk pouring over several departmental reports when her commbadge chimed.

=/\="Affirmative, sir. I shall head there directly. Lt. T'Prina out."=/\=

She idly wondered if it would be yet another discussion on ANaLYN. Athough the AI was finally functioning properly, it refused all efforts to be taken off line. The Vulcan supposed that was part of the issue with self aware sentient programs. That was more of an ethical debate rather than scientific, and that realm didn't concern her at this time. After handing the task of organizing the inventory spreadsheets to Ensigns Roth and Haggar, she headed to the turbolift.

T'Prina arrived well before the captain, so she decided to use the replicator for a mug of spice tea. The formal setting gave her the sense that the meeting was going to take some time, so she may as well have some small comfort while she was alone. She sat down and delicately sipped as she awaited the Captain's arrival.

[Diplomaric Situation Room]

"Tea, lieutenant?" Adeyemi said by way of greeting.

The captain had stepped silently into the room. The door whooshed softly closed behind him. He had a way of talking, a tone that tended to make more sensitive officers on edge, like something was their fault.

"I believe I'll have some myself." He said, and ordered it from the replimat. Ordinarily he wouldn't have been so familiar with a subordinate, but Adeyemi needed her help. His career was in her hands.

"The inspector general from Starfleet Internal Affairs has arrived," Adeyemi said directly in his strongly accented voice. "I have elected you to be my counsel."

T'Prina

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on September 02, 2017, 11:54:06 AM

"Tea, lieutenant?" Adeyemi said by way of greeting.

The captain had stepped silently into the room. The door whooshed softly closed behind him. He had a way of talking, a tone that tended to make more sensitive officers on edge, like something was their fault.

"I believe I'll have some myself." He said, and ordered it from the replimat. Ordinarily he wouldn't have been so familiar with a subordinate, but Adeyemi needed her help. His career was in her hands.

"The inspector general from Starfleet Internal Affairs has arrived," Adeyemi said directly in his strongly accented voice. "I have elected you to be my counsel."

T'Prina sipped her tea near defiantly as the Captain's somewhat accusatory tone rolled over her like water off a duck's back. She did however raise an eyebrow curiously at his revelation and request. That there was to be an inquiry was only to be expected, given the loss of life. She had never acted in any sort of judicial manner though, and wanted to know his reasoning. Her tea was set down, the soft clink seemed louder in the nearly empty room.

"May I inquire as to why you have chosen to cast me in this role? I do not believe my service record contains a history of law." The Vulcan steepled her fingers on the tabletop in front of her as she considered Adeyemi. They had not engaged in any meaningful interaction since the incident with the Xa'zii. Perhaps her actions then or most currently with ANaLYN had left some sort of impression on him.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Daniel Howell

Main Engineering
It had been a busy couple of weeks for Dan, in which time he had not had nuch time off. Today was no different. He was going to need to do a visual inspection of the base externally later in a shuttle but thankfully most of the repairs, at least structurally had been completed. He continued to co-ordinate all the officers to complete repairs as fast as he could.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Jenna McKinson

[ Puzzles ]

Jenna and Molly had made their way to Puzzles just as it had opened. Jenna smiled and held the door open for Molly. In the two weeks, Jenna had frequented the place only twice. Work had kept her busy and unfortunately away from the place. Molly and Jenna had sat down and were looking over the menu. "I like breakfast here. I came one other time when we were working different shifts," Jenna began. She heard an all too familiar jingling. This made her smile, she knew it was Eliana immediately. Though Jenna finally began to speak with her, she was still hesitant to fully get back to talking to Eliana. ""Alright Sugars. What can I get y'all?" Eliana said. Her thick southern accent made her "sugars" sound like "Shoogs". Jenna smiled as it was her trademark when she was in front of others. "Hey there Eliana. Leanna has you on the morning shift this time?"Jenna said in reply."I took it as a favor to her. Said she wanted to sleep in after a rough week," Eliana said in reply. To the normal person, this would be just a normal reply and easily believable. However, Jenna knew Eliana all too well. She noticed a small twitch in her right eyebrow.  It was subtle enough to the untrained eye, but to her it was a telltale sign that there was more to the story. The small look Jenna gave was one of "you can't fool me", but she didn't want to reply. "I can easily see that. I have been busy as well. With the recent in and outflux of people I'll bet the nights were a tad bit crazy," Jenna said playing along much to Eliana's thankful surprise. "Eliana I would like you to meet my roomate Molly. She and I are actually able to have a sit down meal for once before our shifts. I think this place is really living up to the rust bucket namesake."

With Jenna's comments, Molly chuckled and extended a hand. "Nice to meet you. You and Jenna go back a ways yes? Worked in the same bar for a stint right?" Molly innocently asked. Eliana was again surprised Jenna didn't shoot her mouth off like the spitfire she used to date. "Yeah actually we did. I am here as a favor for Leanna. Her and I used to work at another bar once Jenna left to try and get back to Star Fleet,"Eliana said with a smile. Eliana had a moment of relief. The way the two ladies had walked in, she sensed something no others had sensed between them. She knew the way Jenna moved when she was attracted to someone. Maybe Jenna was missing the signs, but Eliana could easily see them. She still couldn't get a full read, but she had hoped she wouldn't have to make a wall between them. To her Molly looked like a tart at best and she obviously didn't know Jenna half as well as she did. Molly nodded after listening to Eliana. The two ordered their food and waters. When Eliana walked away, she heard the two laughing in the background. This made her angrier than she thought she would be. It took all her strength to not throw a knife at the morning cook who was poking fun at her about the situation.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Naira

[Sickbay]

After coming to the conclusion that she wasn't going to get any further work done here, Naira gathered up her padd and went in search of a new a less distracting location where she could clear her mind. She left Dr. Lunn in charge and decided to head down to the Promenade to check out that new restaurant that she had heard so many people talking about.

[Puzzles]

Naira saw herself to a quiet little table alone in the back. While she waited for a member of the waitstaff to see to her, she sat down and took out her padd to look over the information she had compiled. While the events of two weeks prior had been chaotic at best, she was fairly sure that she had included all relevant information in her report. She wasn't sure what exactly the inspector would be looking for, but she wanted to be prepared to answer any and all questions that he would have. 

Auzual Knox

[Upper Pylon 3]

NPC: Inspector General Atal

[SS Envision]
It had been a long journey from Earth and it had been rather tiring for Atal. He detested to stay in one form for so long, especially a humanoid solid. That was the worst. He also detested having to be so close to other humanoid solids for extended amount of time. He would have much preferred to have existed as one of the elements, though as he discovered on earth, that tended to attract too much attention, or confused and terrified the solids. He just felt that the elements were more honest, pure and elegant. Humanoid solids were the opposite, dishonest and quite disgusting.

To know a thing is to become a thing. 

[Upper Pylon 3]

Finally.

If Atal could breath, he would have taken a very deep breath. As soon as he disembarked and nodded his way past security. With nothing to declare there was no need to remain in any line.

"Can I help escort you to your quarters, Sir?"

An Ensign greeted him. Atal simply 'tutted' and flicked his head up in a gesture that did too good a job at mimicking humanoids for his own liking!

He then ran forward, lunged into the air and became a Arbazan vulture.

"Chiiiirrrrrppppppppppppp Chirpp"

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Subspace Transmission:

Atal
Inspector General
Star Fleet Internal Affairs
California, Earth
Doctor Naira,
Lieutenant Commander, Chief Medical Officer & Second Officer
Starbase Columbus

Dear Dr. Naira,

Following our initial introductory transmission, please be advised that we shall require the following of you during the trial:

- Complete medical evaluation of Captain Malcom Adeyemi following the integration of the Analyn sentient AI program.
- Medical history of Malcom Adeyemi that you believe relate to his case.

You shall be asked to give a complete review of the events during the initialization and integration of the Analyn AI.

We also ask that you elect a professional of your choosing to complete a psychological assessment and evaluation of Captain Malcom Adeyemi and who shall be called to explain.

Atal
Inspector General

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Auzual Knox

[Puzzles]

Knox was in need of something, and knew exactly where to find it. As she entered her second favourite place on the Station, the ambiance and background noise of happy people washed over her. It was the absolute opposite to her beloved Ops, though that came first, naturally. She was glad to have been spared the sights of what had happened during, during that time. She knew it would have been too much for her.

Slumping on a comfortable chair opposite a table, she began to read (and reread) her personal logs when Analyn came online and what happened following.

It was the Collector crises, it had nothing to do with our Captain. This is crazy. It was not his fault, he was not even here! The Inspector General must see reason. He has to see the insanity of blaming another man for the actions of his predecessor.

Knox reviewed her padd further. It was difficult to remember those times. The Collector, the Xa'zii and the Station's systems malfunctioning..... Knox could not deny it, if Analyn had not been integrated into the Station's systems as a child in need of attention, those who perished in Ops would still be here to day.

Knox stretched and noticed Dr. Naira sitting at the table to her right at the end. She did not want to disturb her, as she too seemed quite perplexed reading her own padd, but Knox stood up and walked over.

"Doctor. Would you mind company?"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.