S12 - M2: Transformed: A new Captain, ship, and mission!

Started by Kirok, August 31, 2017, 10:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kali Reyes

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on September 06, 2017, 01:18:16 PM

[Bridge]

Kinley's mind began wandering back to the fateful moments when the blue cloud engulfed the Defense Minister and disintegrated him into little more than dust right in front of her eyes. His screaming kept ringing in her ears. Over and over again, each scream seeming to suddenly go silent as he turned into dust. All because of her.

Awen asked her another question, startling Kinley back to reality. "Oh- Yeah!" She said, remembering she was still in a conversation with Awen. " Yeah, I've seen it. It's not bad, top of the line, actually, though all the equipment is in the wrong places from the original Disco. I'm going to have to fix that when I get a chance."
"If you could work with Dr. Demlion here and warm up our long range sensors before the launch, that'll be great. Thanks." She said as she excused herself.

She saw Kali head out of the bridge, looking rather the worse for wear since Kinley last saw her. Catching up, Kinley asked. "Hey Kali. You ok?"
[Bridge]

"Nothing a little shot of Kanar in my next cup o' joe can't fix," she replied, her finger pressed hard on the turbolift button. It blinked incessantly as if annoyed by her rough touch, but the doors still would not open. The lift must be occupied on the lowest deck to take so long.

It made her dither. Anxious. And her stillness, the lack of her bouncing on her feet to tackle the first shift work made it all too eerie for those who knew her. A thought of selflessness hit her. Kinley had been there - surely she was handling it a lot better than she was.

Kali was always a dysfunctional mess of a hybrid and proof that geneticists had no business interfering God's law. In His eyes, Kali had no business breathing, existing-

"Oh God." She placed her hand against her face. "I'm having an existential crisis. And on a Monday!"

Quote from: EQ Kimball on September 06, 2017, 06:18:50 PM

"Chief.  I'ts good to see you again.  Looks like I'll be working under you for awhile" EQ said.

"Did you want to take the station?  I can head out if so.  Whatever you like" he added with a slight motion toward the duty station.

Kali lowered her hand and warily stared at the still horrifyingly looking Borg man. "No, no. I was just about to leave. Paperwork in the lower decks and all." There was still so much to do, so much cargo to itemize and next cycle's shifts to approve. She wasn't going to get anything done dallying on the bridge doing nothing except hearing those screams again. "Take point, uh... EQ was it?"

Fala Awen

[Bridge]

As Awen awaited a response from Kinley, she frowned slightly as the other woman appeared lost in thought. Something seemed to be distracting her, but Awen had no idea what. Perhaps preparations for their mission? Considering her feelings about the new facilities? The expression on Kinley's face almost appeared troubled though. Awen didn't know her well enough yet to truly be able to tell.

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on September 06, 2017, 01:18:16 PM

Awen asked her another question, startling Kinley back to reality. "Oh- Yeah!" She said, remembering she was still in a conversation with Awen. " Yeah, I've seen it. It's not bad, top of the line, actually, though all the equipment is in the wrong places from the original Disco. I'm going to have to fix that when I get a chance."
"If you could work with Dr. Demlion here and warm up our long range sensors before the launch, that'll be great. Thanks." She said as she excused herself.

The Chief Science Officer's demeanor changed suddenly back to her seemingly usual, perky self as she answered Awen's question. Apparently whatever had been on her mind was only in passing. The Bajoran nodded in response to Kinley's assessment of the Science facilities; she understood the desire to have equipment, or anything for that matter, in its 'proper' place. How doable it was depended on the differences in the Scientific areas of the ship - the size differences, different equipment, and the like.

Hearing Kinley's last orders before leaving her, Awen frowned slightly. The Vorta was still seated at the secondary Science console. It really didn't make sense for her to customize the auxiliary console to do the exact things that the actual Science console would do. She wasn't sure why he had chosen that seat, but perhaps she could rectify the situation. Maybe 'working with' him could entail her finding him a different console.

Awen kept the expression on her face as neutral as possible as she walked over to the secondary Science station. Although she really didn't know the...well, clone...she got a bad vibe from him. It was possible that that was simply due to the fact that he was a Vorta. And his creepy smile. To her, it didn't feel like a genuine friendly smile - more like a smug, disturbing one.

Quote from: Demlion Riverbank V on September 06, 2017, 05:26:15 PM

"Ensign, I am excited to be working with you," he purred in his voice. His bright eyes looked at the console. Then he piped up with a child like voice. "Would you help me improve my skills in long distance sensors. Much can be learned," he said. It was a suggestion with a compliment. He figured she had a hatred against him cause he race. But he had not said it. To play friendly with her was a way. Best not to bring up pain.

Stopping just short of the Medical Officer, Awen raised an eyebrow at his exaggerated comment. "Actually, Ensign, I believe it would make more sense for me to work at this secondary science station and for you to work from the auxiliary console. Lieutenant Commander Garrison ordered me to remain on the bridge at the other Science console to assist her and whatever functions you might need could be brought up on the auxiliary station," she said matter-of-factly. "It would be rather silly to program a different console to carry out the functions that this one already does, after all," Awen chuckled as she offered him a half-smile of her own.

"And perhaps another time might be more appropriate for lessons on long range sensors, or a holodeck training program, even. I've not had a chance to discover all the nuances of the new ship's sensors yet and I'd hate to keep the Admiral waiting when he's ready to leave," Awen explained further.

It wasn't all just an excuse either. Part of her simply didn't want him hanging over her shoulder while she worked - something she wouldn't be comfortable with no matter who it was. And she also wanted to do her best and be thorough. This was her first ship assignment and her first time on the bridge. It would be incredibly embarrassing to mess up on her first day in front of her department head and the command staff, let alone all the others on the bridge.

OFF: Tag Demlion/bridge

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Alexander Wu

[Bridge]

With most of the bridge crew having completed their checks, Alex did one final rotation to ensure he hadn't missed anything important. "Kimball," He had memorized the name simply because the owner was so unique, standing by the Ops station. "Secure airlocks and retract docking arms. Ensign," He turned to the science station, referring to the Bajoran officer, "Interior sensor sweep please, and confirm all assigned crew are onboard. Mr.Vorta," The Vorta had no function on the bridge, as far as Alex was concerned. His suspicion was that it was a Dominion spy, but he couldn't exactly kick it off the bridge, not when Kirok had asked it to stay. That man's optimism will get us killed one day. "Take a seat at the auxiliary station." He didn't verbally add, and stay the hell out of the way.

One final glance around the diverse crew, and Alex realized that this was the first time he was actually outnumbered as a human while on a Starfleet vessel. Mildly bemused, he tapped his commbadge. =/\="Bridge to Ready Room, Discovery is ready for departure."=/\=

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Kirok

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on September 06, 2017, 07:08:22 PM

[Ready Room]

"Aye sir.. I'll get started on one immediately.  Recommend we do a preliminary test of the MVA before we undertake our first mission.  In the meantime, if you would like, I can take her out." he ask, now back in attention.

[Ready Room]

Kirok dipped his head slightly.  It was agreeable to see the excitement back on the XO face.  He lifted his head before he spoke.

"I'm actually more interested knowing exactly how fast this ship can go.  And how long it can maintain that top speed.  It is said she should be able to maintain warp 9.999" Kirok said.

"Let's figure that out first.  But yes, you may take her out.  I will be on the Bridge shortly" the half Vulcan added.

Quote from: Alexander Wu on September 07, 2017, 01:02:50 PM

[Bridge]

With most of the bridge crew having completed their checks, Alex did one final rotation to ensure he hadn't missed anything important. "Kimball," He had memorized the name simply because the owner was so unique, standing by the Ops station. "Secure airlocks and retract docking arms. Ensign," He turned to the science station, referring to the Bajoran officer, "Interior sensor sweep please, and confirm all assigned crew are onboard. Mr.Vorta," The Vorta had no function on the bridge, as far as Alex was concerned. His suspicion was that it was a Dominion spy, but he couldn't exactly kick it off the bridge, not when Kirok had asked it to stay. That man's optimism will get us killed one day. "Take a seat at the auxiliary station." He didn't verbally add, and stay the hell out of the way.

One final glance around the diverse crew, and Alex realized that this was the first time he was actually outnumbered as a human while on a Starfleet vessel. Mildly bemused, he tapped his commbadge. =/\="Bridge to Ready Room, Discovery is ready for departure."=/\=

[Ready Room]

Kirok tapped his badge.  -/\- Thank you, Mr. Wu.  Commander Tekin is on his way.  Kirok out -/\- he said before tapping his badge again.

"They are waiting for you Commander.  Make Captain Briggs proud" Kirok prompted.  Then he offered the man a slight bow.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Lennox Ainsley

[Bridge]

Lennox watched as everything unfolded, with everyone taking their seats, Len had gone over and took his seat in the still-fresh smelling chairs. There was a slight dull in his eyes as he leaned back in the chairs - going over in his head what had happened on the planet. His eyes drifted over to Kali.

Quote from: Kali Reyes on September 07, 2017, 03:13:37 AM

[Bridge]

Kali lowered her hand and warily stared at the still horrifyingly looking Borg man. "No, no. I was just about to leave. Paperwork in the lower decks and all." There was still so much to do, so much cargo to itemize and next cycle's shifts to approve. She wasn't going to get anything done dallying on the bridge doing nothing except hearing those screams again. "Take point, uh... EQ was it?"

It was only then did he pull himself up from the seat, trying to look natural in doing such; as sitting and standing only seconds before was rather an odd thing to do as he approached Kali, clearing his throat slightly.

"Corvis oculum corvi non eruit."

Kirok

[Bridge]

"Nothing a little shot of Kanar in my next cup o' joe can't fix," she replied, her finger pressed hard on the turbolift button. It blinked incessantly as if annoyed by her rough touch, but the doors still would not open. The lift must be occupied on the lowest deck to take so long.

It made her dither. Anxious. And her stillness, the lack of her bouncing on her feet to tackle the first shift work made it all too eerie for those who knew her. A thought of selflessness hit her. Kinley had been there - surely she was handling it a lot better than she was.

Kali was always a dysfunctional mess of a hybrid and proof that geneticists had no business interfering God's law. In His eyes, Kali had no business breathing, existing-

"Oh God." She placed her hand against her face. "I'm having an existential crisis. And on a Monday!"

The liberated Borg wanted to kick himself for not realizing that Kali was in the midst of a conversation with the CSO.  And apparently not feeling well either.  So he waited for them to finish their conversation.

"Sorry, Chief.  I didn't mean to interrupt.  But I'll be happy to take point.  And if you need any help with anything else, I'm you man" he added and then realized what he had said.

His cheeks got a bit red.  "I didn't mean that in a romantic sense.  Sorry.  Maybe I should just get to my station" he mumbled before turning away.

Fala Awen

[Bridge]

As Awen waited for a response from the Vorta seated at the secondary science station, she attention was drawn to a man in red who had moved to the command chair. He was one of the new Discovery crew, like herself. Alexander Wu, she recalled. With both Kirok and Nevir gone, it seemed Alexander was in charge.

Quote from: Alexander Wu on September 07, 2017, 01:02:50 PM

As Alexander turned to address her, Awen perked up and gave him her full attention. It seemed she would need to do some multi-tasking...and that the Chief Flight Control Officer wasn't particularly happy about having a Vorta onboard either. "Aye, sir," the Bajoran replied with a nod. Keeping a neutral expression on her face, she turned towards the Vorta and stepped back slightly so he could vacate the station.

Her eyes followed him a few moments as he made his way over to the auxiliary console, then she moved around and took a seat at the secondary science console. Taking a deep breath, Awen's fingers slid across the slick new surface as she called up the internal sensors and initiated a sweep. "All crew present and accounted for, Commander," she announced once it had completed.

With her latest orders complete, Awen went ahead with carrying out Kinley's. Her fingers moved quickly, going through menus and selecting the Discovery's long range scanners. They seemed mostly standard, with a few extra options. She opened a diagnostic screen and ran a quick level five diagnostic. Within a minute, the console beeped cheerily, indicating the scanning system was in order.

Awen wasn't entirely sure which particular options Kinley wanted selected for the long range scanners, but quickly selected  a few standard ones and added a few more - including one for spatial anomalies and another for high particle density levels. The Bajoran turned towards the Chief Science Officer and said, "Commander Garrison, long range scanners are fully operational and I've set up some initial parameters if you'd like to review them?"

Although Kinley had asked her to get the scanners ready, she wasn't sure if it was what she was meant to do while on the bridge or if Kinley had simply wanted her to prepare them. Either way, she would find out shortly and could surely find something else to work on at the bridge if her superior officer preferred to keep track of the scans.

OFF: Tag bridge/Kinley

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Tekin Nevir

Quote from: Kirok on September 07, 2017, 04:26:41 PM

[Ready Room]

Kirok dipped his head slightly.  It was agreeable to see the excitement back on the XO face.  He lifted his head before he spoke.

"I'm actually more interested knowing exactly how fast this ship can go.  And how long it can maintain that top speed.  It is said she should be able to maintain warp 9.999" Kirok said.

"Let's figure that out first.  But yes, you may take her out.  I will be on the Bridge shortly" the half Vulcan added.

[Ready Room]

Kirok tapped his badge.  -/\- Thank you, Mr. Wu.  Commander Tekin is on his way.  Kirok out -/\- he said before tapping his badge again.

"They are waiting for you Commander.  Make Captain Briggs proud" Kirok prompted.  Then he offered the man a slight bow.

[Ready Room]

The Bajoran nodded to his commanding officer... though it did occur to him that once again he was probably going to stumble between addressing him as Captain or Admiral.  But that was a challenge for another time.  Right now... they had a ship to test.

[Bridge]

The Nevir who walked out of the Ready Room was not the same one who walked in.  He seemed calmer, more confident, and certainly like he belonged there.  Having a quick look around at the new bridge, and that new ship smell, he walked over and nodded to Alex.

"Thank you, Mr Wu.  I'll take it from here." he said turning towards the back and front, seeing the mix of new and old faces.

"I'm not going to try to add to the Admiral's speech.  A few days ago we lost a great ship, and a great Captain.  We lost some friends and colleagues.  But we have kept as much of our family together, and I hope that those of us new to the Discovery will grow to be a part of that.  The spirit of our Akira class is here with us on this new and exciting vessel.  Let's make the name 'Discovery' one to remember." he said, turning back and finally taking a seat in the big chair.  Whether he was the first to sit there was unknown to him, but it felt special to take the big chair.

He might not be the Captain... but that dream was not lost.  Just delayed.

=/\= "All hands, this is the bridge.  Secure stations." =/\= he said, tapping controls on his chair.  He looked up, half expecting the chief flight officer to take the helm, and was surprised when it was a younger officer doing the maiden departure.

"Crewman Tracha?  Enjoy this, very few helmsmen ever get the chance to take a new ship out.  Bring warp engines online and break us from the station, one quarter impulse." he said, nodding to the younger crewman.  He waited until he felt the ship lurch for a moment, before the dampeners kicked in.

=/\= "Engineering, once we clear dock we're going to stretch her legs.  I want maximum warp, and to see how long we can hold it.  Bridge out." =/\=

As he leaned back, he smirked.  "According to the Engineering Team, this ship can maintain Warp 9.999... depending on how long it can be maintained, that would make her the fastest ship in the fleet.  We have some new features that need to be tested before we enter the new frontier.  I'd rather not turn this ship into the next Voyager, so we'll go for a safe location within Federation space." he said, waiting until he had the notification that they cleared the spacedock.

"Excellent.  Helm, set course 145.6 by 23.9.  The Hershing system right near the edge of the Quadrant.  Maximum warp.  Engage." he said, flipping his fingers forward as a go ahead to light up the skies.

The Discovery B was off.

Kali Reyes

Quote from: EQ Kimball on September 07, 2017, 04:46:41 PM

The liberated Borg wanted to kick himself for not realizing that Kali was in the midst of a conversation with the CSO.  And apparently not feeling well either.  So he waited for them to finish their conversation.

"Sorry, Chief.  I didn't mean to interrupt.  But I'll be happy to take point.  And if you need any help with anything else, I'm you man" he added and then realized what he had said.

His cheeks got a bit red.  "I didn't mean that in a romantic sense.  Sorry.  Maybe I should just get to my station" he mumbled before turning away.

[Bridge]

The turbolift was finally working its way up because the flashing button became a solid white. She lowered her hand, her brow climbing at EQ's fumble, and watched him shuffle away. Normally, she'd have a quip or something flirtatious to lighten the mood, but today was an off-day. She simply didn't have it.

"Ah, don't worry about it, EQ," she called out a bit hastily, more kindly. It wasn't anybody's fault of her PTSD trigger. That was something she was forced to resolve with her counselor, if she ever had one she could approve of.

Quote from: Lennox Ainsley on September 07, 2017, 04:28:26 PM

[Bridge]

Lennox watched as everything unfolded, with everyone taking their seats, Len had gone over and took his seat in the still-fresh smelling chairs. There was a slight dull in his eyes as he leaned back in the chairs - going over in his head what had happened on the planet. His eyes drifted over to Kali.

It was only then did he pull himself up from the seat, trying to look natural in doing such; as sitting and standing only seconds before was rather an odd thing to do as he approached Kali, clearing his throat slightly.

Once the turbolift doors open, Kali traversed halfway through it when Lennox dogged her steps. She turned when he cleared his throat, openly curious. "Going down, Len?"

Demlion Riverbank V

Quote from: Fala Awen on September 07, 2017, 06:22:49 PM

[Bridge]

As Awen waited for a response from the Vorta seated at the secondary science station, she attention was drawn to a man in red who had moved to the command chair. He was one of the new Discovery crew, like herself. Alexander Wu, she recalled. With both Kirok and Nevir gone, it seemed Alexander was in charge.

As Alexander turned to address her, Awen perked up and gave him her full attention. It seemed she would need to do some multi-tasking...and that the Chief Flight Control Officer wasn't particularly happy about having a Vorta onboard either. "Aye, sir," the Bajoran replied with a nod. Keeping a neutral expression on her face, she turned towards the Vorta and stepped back slightly so he could vacate the station.

Her eyes followed him a few moments as he made his way over to the auxiliary console, then she moved around and took a seat at the secondary science console. Taking a deep breath, Awen's fingers slid across the slick new surface as she called up the internal sensors and initiated a sweep. "All crew present and accounted for, Commander," she announced once it had completed.

With her latest orders complete, Awen went ahead with carrying out Kinley's. Her fingers moved quickly, going through menus and selecting the Discovery's long range scanners. They seemed mostly standard, with a few extra options. She opened a diagnostic screen and ran a quick level five diagnostic. Within a minute, the console beeped cheerily, indicating the scanning system was in order.

Awen wasn't entirely sure which particular options Kinley wanted selected for the long range scanners, but quickly selected  a few standard ones and added a few more - including one for spatial anomalies and another for high particle density levels. The Bajoran turned towards the Chief Science Officer and said, "Commander Garrison, long range scanners are fully operational and I've set up some initial parameters if you'd like to review them?"

Although Kinley had asked her to get the scanners ready, she wasn't sure if it was what she was meant to do while on the bridge or if Kinley had simply wanted her to prepare them. Either way, she would find out shortly and could surely find something else to work on at the bridge if her superior officer preferred to keep track of the scans.

[bridge]

Ensign Riverbank looked at The ex-Borg. "Yes, I would like that. EQ. You think we can play some games? I like games." He had a smile that was showing his truth to his word.

Now. The matter of the Science officer. Her tone was telling her she was not happy. That was perhaps she was an Bajorian. Typical attitude to such people. Judging others by what race and not judge them by them by individual.

"Ah, Ensign, what ever you wish," he smiled with a more a sneaky smile. He was genetic to do such body behavior but he was not trying to be mean. He was just coming of snobby.

So he got up slowly to give the chair to the science officer. Then he moved to the other station. Then he turned his head to give her side look. Thinking, you might not like me. But, you can't force me away. Soon. You will have to face me. Then you have to deal with your own emotion. Foolish Bajorian girl. Then he turned his attention away from her.

Then he had given his attention to the Commander of the bridge. He nodded his head. His hand took hold of the consoles for the acceleration. Yes. Their ship was fast. However, fast does not mean it will be the best. The Deminions had better. They were better and his gods made them to be that way. It was what he believe and it will always be. Unless someone had change his way.

Parent character us D'Vid

Player to player: don't be shy to be mean to my Vorta

Kinley Garrison

[Bridge]

Quote from: Fala Awen on September 07, 2017, 06:22:49 PM

[Bridge]

Kinley nodded sympathetically with Kali. The last mission had taken a toll on the both of them. "Yeah. I get you. It hasn't been easy for me to deal with that either. What do you say after we get off-shift, we hang out in the 10-forward? On me." She grinned slightly. "Might help with the Monday at least."

Kinley felt the ship slowly move out of the base as she addressed Awen. "I trust your judgement. Anything of interest?"  She said, moving to the science station

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Alexander Wu

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on September 07, 2017, 07:18:31 PM

[Bridge]

The Nevir who walked out of the Ready Room was not the same one who walked in.  He seemed calmer, more confident, and certainly like he belonged there.  Having a quick look around at the new bridge, and that new ship smell, he walked over and nodded to Alex.

"Thank you, Mr Wu.  I'll take it from here." he said turning towards the back and front, seeing the mix of new and old faces.

"I'm not going to try to add to the Admiral's speech.  A few days ago we lost a great ship, and a great Captain.  We lost some friends and colleagues.  But we have kept as much of our family together, and I hope that those of us new to the Discovery will grow to be a part of that.  The spirit of our Akira class is here with us on this new and exciting vessel.  Let's make the name 'Discovery' one to remember." he said, turning back and finally taking a seat in the big chair.  Whether he was the first to sit there was unknown to him, but it felt special to take the big chair.

=/\= "All hands, this is the bridge.  Secure stations." =/\= he said, tapping controls on his chair.  He looked up, half expecting the chief flight officer to take the helm, and was surprised when it was a younger officer doing the maiden departure.

"Crewman Tracha?  Enjoy this, very few helmsmen ever get the chance to take a new ship out.  Bring warp engines online and break us from the station, one quarter impulse." he said, nodding to the younger crewman.  He waited until he felt the ship lurch for a moment, before the dampeners kicked in.

=/\= "Engineering, once we clear dock we're going to stretch her legs.  I want maximum warp, and to see how long we can hold it.  Bridge out." =/\=

As he leaned back, he smirked.  "According to the Engineering Team, this ship can maintain Warp 9.999... depending on how long it can be maintained, that would make her the fastest ship in the fleet.  We have some new features that need to be tested before we enter the new frontier.  I'd rather not turn this ship into the next Voyager, so we'll go for a safe location within Federation space." he said, waiting until he had the notification that they cleared the spacedock.

"Excellent.  Helm, set course 145.6 by 23.9.  The Hershing system right near the edge of the Quadrant.  Maximum warp.  Engage." he said, flipping his fingers forward as a go ahead to light up the skies.

The Discovery B was off.

[Bridge]

Alex stepped to the side, giving Tekin the conn. He had no doubt the former science officer was up to the task, or that he had earnt his position as XO, but it still felt a bit off; only last year, the positions had been reversed. Even so, he felt no jealousy. When he got shunted off the command track, Alex hadn't expected to be offered a bridge officer position again. Just being on a moving deck was enough, for now.

Watching Arjay at the helm alertly, Alex smiled slightly, comfortably relaxed. It was always the sign of a good pilot, one who caressed the controls, and Discovery responded accordingly. Once they cleared their berth and entered the spaceway leading out, he took a seat at the MVA station, predicting which systems Tekin would want tested first.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Tracha Arjay

[Ready Room]

The Bajoran nodded to his commanding officer... though it did occur to him that once again he was probably going to stumble between addressing him as Captain or Admiral.  But that was a challenge for another time.  Right now... they had a ship to test.

[Bridge]

The Discovery B was off.

[Bridge]

Arjay had turned around in her seat and nodded at the Bajoran man as he had entered the room and took the captain's chair. When she turned back around to face the console and the viewscreen before her, she was all smiles.

She preformed one more quick check of the systems before departing. The ship gently slipped out of the docking port and when she was safely clear, Arjay adjusted her heading and keyed in the commander's coordinates. Not only was she a thing of beauty, but she handled wonderfully. Some of the older ships Arjay had worked with could be clunky and unresponsive to the slightest touch, requiring her to take a more forceful approach with them, but not this new ship. Despite her size, she was graceful.

And fast.

Yet, once the dampeners kicked in, the ride was so smooth that she wondered if those not on the bridge would even notice that they were moving forward.

Kirok

Quote from: Demlion Riverbank V on September 08, 2017, 08:09:47 AM

[bridge]

Ensign Riverbank looked at The ex-Borg. "Yes, I would like that. EQ. You think we can play some games? I like games." He had a smile that was showing his truth to his word.

Now. The matter of the Science officer. Her tone was telling her she was not happy. That was perhaps she was an Bajorian. Typical attitude to such people. Judging others by what race and not judge them by them by individual.

"Ah, Ensign, what ever you wish," he smiled with a more a sneaky smile. He was genetic to do such body behavior but he was not trying to be mean. He was just coming of snobby.

So he got up slowly to give the chair to the science officer. Then he moved to the other station. Then he turned his head to give her side look. Thinking, you might not like me. But, you can't force me away. Soon. You will have to face me. Then you have to deal with your own emotion. Foolish Bajorian girl. Then he turned his attention away from her.

Then he had given his attention to the Commander of the bridge. He nodded his head. His hand took hold of the consoles for the acceleration. Yes. Their ship was fast. However, fast does not mean it will be the best. The Deminions had better. They were better and his gods made them to be that way. It was what he believe and it will always be. Unless someone had change his way.

[Bridge]

"Games?  Yeah, I know a few card games I can teach you" EQ replied.  He studied the man for a moment.

The doctor did not seem the type to be into poker.  But maybe some of the more social games might interest the man.  So he the liberated borg started thinking of the games he liked.

"If we can find two others maybe we can play Eucher.  If we can find more people we can play Hearts or Spades.  Those are old Earth games my parents taught me" he said.

Quote from: Kali Reyes on September 08, 2017, 02:01:29 AM

[Bridge]

The turbolift was finally working its way up because the flashing button became a solid white. She lowered her hand, her brow climbing at EQ's fumble, and watched him shuffle away. Normally, she'd have a quip or something flirtatious to lighten the mood, but today was an off-day. She simply didn't have it.

"Ah, don't worry about it, EQ," she called out a bit hastily, more kindly. It wasn't anybody's fault of her PTSD trigger. That was something she was forced to resolve with her counselor, if she ever had one she could approve of.

Once the turbolift doors open, Kali traversed halfway through it when Lennox dogged her steps. She turned when he cleared his throat, openly curious. "Going down, Len?"

[Bridge]

"Thanks, Chief.  I guess I'm a bit flustered.  New ship and all" EQ replied.

"Anyway, I'll take care of things up here.  See you later" the liberated borg added.  Then he turned and headed to the Ops duty station.

Kirok

[Ready Room]

[Bridge]

The Discovery B was off.

[Ready Room]

As the doors closed behind Tekin, Kirok picked up the padd the man had left behind.  For a moment, he considered giving it a read.  He was sure the XO had been as hard on himself in the written report as he was just moments ago.

It probably even had Tekin's resignation as XO in it.  Unwarranted of course.  Lucky that none of the other Admirals had seen it as Kirok had already send the mission report in.

So, Kirok turned on the devise.  And marked it read.  But did not forward it on.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.