Author Topic: S12 - M2: Transformed: A new Captain, ship, and mission!  (Read 24897 times)

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S12 - M2: Transformed: A new Captain, ship, and mission!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2017, 07:01:21 pm »
[Bridge]

Kirok saw several new people enter the room.  Some he know well.  Others he was just seeing for the very first time.

He would have greeted each one.  But he was in the middle of a speech.  So a formal bow would have to wait.

Thus, he simply offered a nod.  And paused for a moment.  And actually allowed himself a slight smile.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Kinley Garrison

• The Cheezit Thief
  • Command Level Officer
  • Honoured Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2017, 01:40:33 am »
[Bridge - Backpost]

Alex laughed, counting back on his fingers. "Wouldn't be my first time, I'm afraid. Now, I've got three times the ship to ding up at once though...could be a record." He indicated their surroundings as it began to fill up with bridge crew and senior officers. "In all seriousness though, we'll be shipping out with far less crew than Discovery formerly carried. In my opinion, we can't afford to specialize. When we've got some time, I'd like to discuss a plan with you and the other department heads about cross training our staff, at least ensuring they are competent in all basic skills if required to perform."

Bridge]
Kinley nodded to Alex. " Sounds like a plan. Could be handy for filling those long quiet sections of space we'll be passing through. And would definitely keep the team on their toes." She said curtly, as she listened to what the Admiral had to say. A hush almost seemed to fall on the crew, as the announcement sank in. Definitely a long way from home
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 10:27:05 pm by Kinley Garrison »
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Offline Tekin Nevir

• Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Three year award Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2017, 01:52:35 pm »
[Bridge]

The Admiral was damn near impossible to read, and Nevir could figure out why he was there. Still... with the Admiral in the middle of the bridge giving a speech, Nevir would probably not get a chance to find out what is going on until later.

"N-no sir.  I haven't had a chance to see the crew... but it does look like most of the Discovery's crew is here." he said, stepping back as Kirok made his speech.  Nevir only vaguely paid attention, he was still in a state of shock and confusion.  And with Kirok now having the PADD, Nevir realized that he didn't actually look at the orders.  He didn't just not know why he was here personally, he also didn't know what he was doing here.

Hopefully, he would get clues as they got underway, and then figure out why the admiral who watched him fail as Captain wanted him back on his ship.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2017, 05:52:11 pm »
[Bridge]

The Admiral was damn near impossible to read, and Nevir could figure out why he was there. Still... with the Admiral in the middle of the bridge giving a speech, Nevir would probably not get a chance to find out what is going on until later.

"N-no sir.  I haven't had a chance to see the crew... but it does look like most of the Discovery's crew is here." he said, stepping back as Kirok made his speech.  Nevir only vaguely paid attention, he was still in a state of shock and confusion.  And with Kirok now having the PADD, Nevir realized that he didn't actually look at the orders.  He didn't just not know why he was here personally, he also didn't know what he was doing here.

Hopefully, he would get clues as they got underway, and then figure out why the admiral who watched him fail as Captain wanted him back on his ship.

[Bridge]

Kirok's left eyebrow arched again.  "I see.  After I finish here, I would like to have a brief meeting in the ready room" Kirok said.

Then he turned back to the group to continue his speech.  "I typically do not deliver such lofty speeches.  At least not often.  But with over 12 years of services, the launching of the new ship needed a bit of extra attention. 

"She has seen many adventures and has been commanded by a great many men and women over time.  Some of they have even go onto serve as Admirals in the Federation.  Or as leaders in their planets of origin" he added.

"So today, for those of you who are new.  And even for those of you who have served on her for a while.  I want to formally welcome you to the first day of a new adventure" the half Vulcan said.

Offline Demlion Riverbank V

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2017, 06:18:25 pm »
[Bridge]

The Vorta heard Nevir talk. From the shaking in his voice, the Vorta keen ears had heard them crack under pressure. His poor sight would not be able to see the body language to see the signs. But Demlion guessed if he could place a finger on Nevir non confidence he would. It was one of those weak emotions that humans had. The Jem'Hadar had strong head of confidence. They were to believe they were victory at no cost. The founders had built an true war machine.

He held his hands behind his back. Feeling very good that he came from real good copies of his Riverbanks. He was privilege to be here hiding from the Founders. Now, his little mind was filled with pride cause he would be the first Dominion to reach space his people had never gone too. This was possible the key of an escape and far away. However, knowing the gods, they had ways to know. The gods are masters at disguises. There was a big possible he would be able to hear one by movement alone.

Kirok's left eyebrow arched again.  "I see.  After I finish here, I would like to have a brief meeting in the ready room" Kirok said.

Then he turned back to the group to continue his speech.  "I typically do not deliver such lofty speeches.  At least not often.  But with over 12 years of services, the launching of the new ship needed a bit of extra attention. 

"She has seen many adventures and has been commanded by a great many men and women over time.  Some of they have even go onto serve as Admirals in the Federation.  Or as leaders in their planets of origin" he added.

"So today, for those of you who are new.  And even for those of you who have served on her for a while.  I want to formally welcome you to the first day of a new adventure" the half Vulcan said.

The Medical Officer who seemed to picked up the title Doctor from his hard work. It was seemed it was a given, but he had decided to accept the title. It was possible he had not seen himself as one, but Starfleet did. He underestimated his own skills and knowledge. It was possible he could excel higher through Starfleet cause they work you that direction. The Founders had talked down at their creations. There was no real recognition to feel true proud. This was new to the Vorta.

He had nodded his head to the Admiral, who was seemed to be proud. Yes. Vulcan can come off looking proud like an Eagle. They won't admit it. They are. You can hear it in their tone in their voice.

Parent character us D'Vid

Player to player: don't be shy to be mean to my Vorta

Offline Fala Awen

• Condemner of Food, Things, and Supplies
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Think they'll have THAT on the tour?
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2017, 11:48:52 pm »
[Bridge]

Awen watched silently as more crewmembers joined them on the bridge. Her jaw clenched imperceptibly as she saw the liberated Borg and a Vorta among the crew. While their presence and StarFleet uniforms indicated that the Federation might have not deemed them a threat, the Bajoran would reserve that judgment until she knew them better. Though she felt slightly uncomfortable so close to them, she didn't let it show.

Kirok notice the new Science Officer come in.  He had briefly met her at Starbase Katra.  But he did not know her well yet.

Still, he offered the woman a small bow.  "Welcome, Ms. Fala.  Welcome everyone" Kirok said.  Then he tugged down on his shirt as he waited for people to fall quite.

As the Admiral addressed her, Awen bowed her head slightly in return. She remembered seeing him a few times, but had not had an extended conversation with him. Still, it was perhaps a good sign that he recognized her and recalled her name. "Thank you, Admiral," Awen replied simply, not wanting to interrupt his chain of thought.

"Today is a historic event.  Not only in the history of the Task Force 10.  But in the history of the Federation as well" the half Vulcan said.

"That event is the intentional exploration of the Delta Quadrant.  And, of course, the launching of the USS Discovery NCC-78393-B.  A Prometheus class ship" he continued.

"A long range tactical ship.  Which is now the fastest ship in the fleet.  With the most fire power" he said.

"For myself, I see this as a new book in my life.  A way for me to serve the original purpose of the federation - to explore new worlds & civilization and go where others have yet to go.  And I hope that you see see it the same way" he added.

The Prometheus class was certainly a unique design. Her training with the Bajoran Militia was still ingrained within her and she liked the idea of knowing the ship's capabilities. Awen's passion was still securely in the scientific realm, but knowing the tactical side of the ship was intriguing and could be useful. Not to mention the fact that the vessel was brand new; not many new graduates - especially ones who had been present for major incidents - would have received the privilege to be assigned to such a ship.

Not only that, but they would be further exploring the Delta Quadrant. Awen had, of course, done research on what was already known or suspected about the area, but she had no doubt that they would learn even more. The possibilities of what they could discover and the information they could gather while there were astounding.

She hadn't had a chance to formally report in to her direct superior, Lieutenant Commander Garrison, but had already read the woman's file. Perhaps after the Admiral's meeting Awen would have a chance to do so. Catching the woman's eye, Awen nodded to her as well.

As the Admiral's speech continued, Awen noticed a few more people wandering onto the bridge. In fact, one of them was yet another Bajoran. At Academy, she'd been the only Bajoran in her class, so it seemed odd in a way that there were at least three on the Discovery. Perhaps it was just coincidence or maybe there was some reason for it.

From her experience with Nevir previously, he seemed like a good man, albeit in command under difficult circumstances. Awen really hadn't had a chance to talk to him in a more casual setting as of yet. The third Bajoran - a woman - she didn't recognize from before, so it seemed she was new to the crew. Based on her uniform and race, Awen presumed she was from Flight Control, a Crewman Tracha Arjay.

She listened as the Admiral finished his speech. It wasn't overly long, but was a good welcoming speech in her opinion. As it seemed he had finished, Awen caught the eye of the Chief Science Officer once again and glanced to the side, suggesting they meet there.

OFF: Tag Kinley?

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2017, 05:14:02 pm »
[Bridge]

"Alright.  That's all I wanted to say.  Let's start preparing to launch" Kirok said.

"Mr. Wu, please prepare to dedock.  Ms. Garrision, if you could make the last call to anyone who wishes to board before we leave.  Dr. Riverbank, please remain on the Bridge unless you have patients in Sickbay" Kirok said.

"The rest of you can head to you assigned posts.  Mr. Tekin, your with me" the half Vulcan added and then headed toward the Ready Room.

Offline Alexander Wu

• Pineapple Pizza Crusader
  • Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2017, 05:49:49 pm »
[Bridge]

"Alright.  That's all I wanted to say.  Let's start preparing to launch" Kirok said.

"Mr. Wu, please prepare to dedock.  Ms. Garrision, if you could make the last call to anyone who wishes to board before we leave.  Dr. Riverbank, please remain on the Bridge unless you have patients in Sickbay" Kirok said.

"The rest of you can head to you assigned posts.  Mr. Tekin, your with me" the half Vulcan added and then headed toward the Ready Room.

[Bridge]

Alex had withstood the remainder of Kirok's speech with stoic reception, wondering as the Admiral finished if he had expected applause. All this talk of exploration, and we'll probably end up going toe to toe with someone else who's opinion differs with our own before the month's end. He welcomed the orders as they came down, ready to get down to work.

"Aye sir." Alex replied crisply. He had spotted one of his staff enter the bridge earlier, and now turned to face her with a slight smile. Years ago as a young crewman, Alex had been given the privilege of piloting his first ship, the Gibson, out of spacedock. That memory had stayed with him all this time, and he always passed it on whenever opportunity presented. "Crewman Arjay, take the helm, if you please, and begin your preflight check."

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Offline Tekin Nevir

• Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Three year award Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2017, 05:56:40 pm »
[Bridge]

[Bridge] 

Nevir took a glance around, almost a perfect mix of new and old faces, and that was just on the bridge.  He nodded, until it was time for the Admiral to call him.

"Aye, sir." he said, following him into the Ready Room.

[Ready Room]

He stood at attention, waiting for the doors to close.  His mind already told everything.. he was confused, concerned, maybe even a bit worried, and he was not expecting to serve under the Admiral of all people.  Still, if he didn't try to break the ice, he would lose it,

"I assume you read the reports from the other admirals?"

Offline Kinley Garrison

• The Cheezit Thief
  • Command Level Officer
  • Honoured Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2017, 07:19:22 pm »

She hadn't had a chance to formally report in to her direct superior, Lieutenant Commander Garrison, but had already read the woman's file. Perhaps after the Admiral's meeting Awen would have a chance to do so. Catching the woman's eye, Awen nodded to her as well.

She listened as the Admiral finished his speech. It wasn't overly long, but was a good welcoming speech in her opinion. As it seemed he had finished, Awen caught the eye of the Chief Science Officer once again and glanced to the side, suggesting they meet there.

[Bridge]

[Bridge]
After the Admiral ended his speech, Kinley nodded. "Sounds like a plan, Sir" as she hit the system-wide communications. =/\= "All right guys, we have Five minutes to launch. Last chance to board the Discovery. All hands on deck and prepare for launch." =/\=

Turning off the comm system, Kinley made her way over to her newest member of the science squad. " Hi, I'm Commander Garrison. CSO here. Though, please, just call me Kinley. I'm not too fond of formalities unless we need them." She smiled. " And correct me if I'm wrong, you're Awen, right?"

« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 10:29:22 pm by Kinley Garrison »

Offline Fala Awen

• Condemner of Food, Things, and Supplies
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Think they'll have THAT on the tour?
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2017, 08:35:33 pm »
[Bridge]

Awen listened as Admiral Kirok finished his speech and gave his first orders for the Prometheus class USS Discovery. It seemed they'd be getting underway shortly; she hadn't realized they would be leaving quite so soon. She watched as Kirok and Nevir headed to the Ready Room. Nevir seemed awfully nervous, a sharp contrast to him taking charge during the Outpost fiasco.

Frowning slightly at the Executive Officer's changed demeanor, the Bajoran immediately perked up as her superior approached and addressed her.

Turning off the comm system, Kinley made her way over to her newest member of the science squad. " Hi, I'm Commander Garrison. CSO here. Though, please, just call me Kinley. I'm not too fond of formalities unless we need them." She smiled. " And correct me if I'm wrong, you're Awen, right?"

"Yes, ma'am, Ensign Fala Awen, Science Officer. I was just recently assigned here, though I was on Outpost 327 previously. I don't believe we formally met, however, as I didn't have a chance to report in until now," Awen replied. Although she didn't say it, she had to admit she was uncomfortable calling the woman by her given name. StarFleet usually frowned on that, to her knowledge, and the Bajoran Militia certainly did. It was what she wanted though, so Awen would do her best.

At least the woman seemed friendly enough. From what she had read, Kinley was actually fairly young. It was certainly impressive that the young woman was already a Lieutenant Commander and head of the department.

"Ma'am - Kinley - is there anything I should know about how you like to run the department? Is there anything in particular you'd like me to be working on? And where would you like me during this shift?" Awen presumed that Kinley would be at the bridge's Science station and that she would likely end up in one of the science facilities. Actually she didn't particularly mind that idea since she hadn't had a chance to see them for herself yet.

It was a lot of questions to ask at once, perhaps, but they were all pertinent - especially considering their imminent departure. If they weren't scheduled to leave so quickly, she could have perhaps had a more relaxed conversation with Kinley. That would have to wait for another time, it seemed.

OFF: Tag Kinley
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 10:29:49 pm by Kinley Garrison »

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Offline Demlion Riverbank V

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2017, 10:33:35 pm »
[Bridge]

[Bridge]

The male Medical Doctor had lifted his hands to the side to show he was freely open to the order from the Admiral. He dipped his chin. "As you ordered, Admiral," he replied. His smile grew like a Cheshire Cat which had something hidden under its paw.

Not complete sure why the commander officer had wanted him stay put on the bridge, but he had decided to do so. He had his ears open to hear everything which was going on the bridge. It was best he would go to where the science station was. It would align with medical and biology.  He even had some expertise with science.

The other thing he had noticed that the Discovery had all lot of Bajorians on her. There was at least a Cardasian(NPC) member. Possible
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 10:35:16 pm by Demlion Riverbank V »

Parent character us D'Vid

Player to player: don't be shy to be mean to my Vorta

Offline Kinley Garrison

• The Cheezit Thief
  • Command Level Officer
  • Honoured Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2017, 11:13:55 pm »
[Bridge]

Awen listened as Admiral Kirok finished his speech and gave his first orders for the Prometheus class USS Discovery. It seemed they'd be getting underway shortly; she hadn't realized they would be leaving quite so soon. She watched as Kirok and Nevir headed to the Ready Room. Nevir seemed awfully nervous, a sharp contrast to him taking charge during the Outpost fiasco.

Frowning slightly at the Executive Officer's changed demeanor, the Bajoran immediately perked up as her superior approached and addressed her.

"Yes, ma'am, Ensign Fala Awen, Science Officer. I was just recently assigned here, though I was on Outpost 327 previously. I don't believe we formally met, however, as I didn't have a chance to report in until now," Awen replied. Although she didn't say it, she had to admit she was uncomfortable calling the woman by her given name. StarFleet usually frowned on that, to her knowledge, and the Bajoran Militia certainly did. It was what she wanted though, so Awen would do her best.

At least the woman seemed friendly enough. From what she had read, Kinley was actually fairly young. It was certainly impressive that the young woman was already a Lieutenant Commander and head of the department.

"Ma'am - Kinley - is there anything I should know about how you like to run the department? Is there anything in particular you'd like me to be working on? And where would you like me during this shift?" Awen presumed that Kinley would be at the bridge's Science station and that she would likely end up in one of the science facilities. Actually she didn't particularly mind that idea since she hadn't had a chance to see them for herself yet.

It was a lot of questions to ask at once, perhaps, but they were all pertinent - especially considering their imminent departure. If they weren't scheduled to leave so quickly, she could have perhaps had a more relaxed conversation with Kinley. That would have to wait for another time, it seemed.

OFF: Tag Kinley

[Bridge]

Kinley pondered a bit at the question. "Hm..., I've never exactly thought about how I lead the team. I guess I'm pretty chill with things. Just do your job well, and stay safe. And if you do something cool, then let me know so I can see it too ." Kinley grinned. "I usually am up manning the scanners, but with this new ship, I wouldn't mind some help up here." She said, as she leaned over on one of the stations. "McCullogh is a great guy and all, but he'd rather lurk in the Labs and do chemistry rather than be on the bridge. I'm not complaining. I'm not a chemist, for certain."
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 10:30:37 pm by Kinley Garrison »

Offline Tracha Arjay

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2017, 02:42:49 am »
[Bridge]

Arjay had listened to the admiral's speech as she had continued to glance around the room. While she had a feeling that she wasn't the only Bajoran glad to see that there had been others of their kind on board, she swore she could sense that they weren't the only members uncomfortable at the sight of seeing not only a Borg but a Vorta on the bridge.

And in a Starfleet uniform no less. I guess what they say is true, they really will take just about anyone now days.

Did they just address him as a doctor? Surely that had to be some kind of joke. Arjay could just image the kind of sick and twisted things one of them might consider medical research. It was enough to make her skin crawl. She was going to have to remind herself to never end up in need of serious medical aid or pray for a swift and painless death.

She was so distracted by the thought that she hadn't fully been aware that she was being called upon.

[Bridge]

Alex had withstood the remainder of Kirok's speech with stoic reception, wondering as the Admiral finished if he had expected applause. All this talk of exploration, and we'll probably end up going toe to toe with someone else who's opinion differs with our own before the month's end. He welcomed the orders as they came down, ready to get down to work.

"Aye sir." Alex replied crisply. He had spotted one of his staff enter the bridge earlier, and now turned to face her with a slight smile. Years ago as a young crewman, Alex had been given the privilege of piloting his first ship, the Gibson, out of spacedock. That memory had stayed with him all this time, and he always passed it on whenever opportunity presented. "Crewman Arjay, take the helm, if you please, and begin your preflight check."

"Tracha, sir," She responded as she stepped nearer to him. "Tracha is my family name, Arjay is my given name. And I'd be glad to preform the preflight check."

She had to admit that she was a bit surprised to be given the opportunity to take the helm of such an impressive ship as they prepared to depart on her maiden voyage. She had assumed that as the senior officer that he would want the honor, but it was an opportunity she wasn't about to pass up.

She slid into the chair that felt as if it were made for her. Her hand danced over the console as she checked the engines, thrusters and docking gear. She hummed a little tune, barely audible, as she went about check. As was to be expected, everything seemed to check out just fine.

She was perfect in every sense of the word.

The only thing they were waiting on was for the last of the crew to board, the station's crew to exit and for the admiral to issue his command.

"Sir, everything checks out. Would you like the chair back now?" She began to rise as she spoke, moving to one side so that he could retake the helm for departure.

Offline Alexander Wu

• Pineapple Pizza Crusader
  • Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2017, 12:48:25 pm »
[Bridge]

Arjay had listened to the admiral's speech as she had continued to glance around the room. While she had a feeling that she wasn't the only Bajoran glad to see that there had been others of their kind on board, she swore she could sense that they weren't the only members uncomfortable at the sight of seeing not only a Borg but a Vorta on the bridge.

And in a Starfleet uniform no less. I guess what they say is true, they really will take just about anyone now days.

Did they just address him as a doctor? Surely that had to be some kind of joke. Arjay could just image the kind of sick and twisted things one of them might consider medical research. It was enough to make her skin crawl. She was going to have to remind herself to never end up in need of serious medical aid or pray for a swift and painless death.

She was so distracted by the thought that she hadn't fully been aware that she was being called upon.

"Tracha, sir," She responded as she stepped nearer to him. "Tracha is my family name, Arjay is my given name. And I'd be glad to preform the preflight check."

She had to admit that she was a bit surprised to be given the opportunity to take the helm of such an impressive ship as they prepared to depart on her maiden voyage. She had assumed that as the senior officer that he would want the honor, but it was an opportunity she wasn't about to pass up.

She slid into the chair that felt as if it were made for her. Her hand danced over the console as she checked the engines, thrusters and docking gear. She hummed a little tune, barely audible, as she went about check. As was to be expected, everything seemed to check out just fine.

She was perfect in every sense of the word.

The only thing they were waiting on was for the last of the crew to board, the station's crew to exit and for the admiral to issue his command.

"Sir, everything checks out. Would you like the chair back now?" She began to rise as she spoke, moving to one side so that he could retake the helm for departure.

[Bridge]

Alex frowned slightly at his mistake. For crying out loud. "My apologies yet again, Tracha." With the number of Bajorans onboard, he was going to owe alot of people drinks if he didn't get their names right soon. Although not directly instructed to do so, he stayed by the centre seat, though he didn't take it; that privilege would be for Tekin or Kirok. "Engineering, initiate a level 5 diagnostic on all key systems and report status. Ops, bring internal power online and detach the station umbilicus. Please contact station control and request a departure window within the next 15 minutes."

Glancing over at the science officers, he pointedly ignored the Vorta as it inched closer to the duo. There wasn't really much to do for the blue trades at this point, so Alex left them to their own devices; hopefully they would enjoy their front row seats. Turning his attention back to Arjay, he shook his head. "Stay in your seat, Tracha. Word of advice; never give up that spot unless you have to. Someday you might find yourself flying a desk, and speaking from personal experience, it's not quite as fun." He smiled, indicating an empty station along the bulkhead. "That's not to say I won't be hanging around. But I've launched my share of ships, this one's yours."

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles