Author Topic: Cultural Appreciation Fair (open to anyone)  (Read 18362 times)

Offline Jada

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • #greenlivesmatter
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Cultural Appreciation Fair (open to anyone)
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2017, 08:16:40 am »
Orion shop

"I have to admit this device has me curious." The captain said. "I had some barbecued meat earlier, human style. I'd be eager to compare the two. Perhaps we should set this firepot up?"

Jada didn't answer, instead looking around for the ringleader of this group of women, figuring the eldest woman playing double-necked guitar to be the local matriarch but not wanting to make assumptions that might insult someone. She was a stranger here, and until she was welcomed, had surrendered her weapon, and been invited in as an honoured hostage, she wasn't going to stick her neck out. Besides, they might not want a barbecue or banquet right now.

Instead, Jada reached into the firepot, producing a large jar full of goop, seething with brownish purple lumps. They were slugs, Orion wing-slugs, creeping and crawling and bobbing in their own mucous. The most disgusting creatures in the Galaxy. 'I only have wing-slugs. They're better stewed or boiled.'
Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2017, 10:55:55 am »
Orion shop

Jada didn't answer, instead looking around for the ringleader of this group of women, figuring the eldest woman playing double-necked guitar to be the local matriarch but not wanting to make assumptions that might insult someone. She was a stranger here, and until she was welcomed, had surrendered her weapon, and been invited in as an honoured hostage, she wasn't going to stick her neck out. Besides, they might not want a barbecue or banquet right now.

Instead, Jada reached into the firepot, producing a large jar full of goop, seething with brownish purple lumps. They were slugs, Orion wing-slugs, creeping and crawling and bobbing in their own mucous. The most disgusting creatures in the Galaxy. 'I only have wing-slugs. They're better stewed or boiled.'

[Shops]

Adeyemi had eaten bushmeat before. He had a pair of cousins that still lived in small towns in the far south of Nigeria. Near the delta, near the forests and swamps. For centuries people had been killing one another and the environment there to extract palm oil, gold, diamonds, and anything else they could get their hands on. That had all ended, but the locals still lived the traditional ways, and that included bushmeat. The captain remembered the mystery meat, the queasy feeling in his belly. He'd never missed his foster aunt's home cooking in England more than that moment.

But that, at least, had been meat, even if it was from an unidentifiable and illegal source. Worms were not meat.

"I'd be honored to partake," He said, thinking that he badly needed another tall can of strong lager. "After all, 'Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old.'"

Offline Jenna McKinson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2017, 01:53:31 pm »
[Promenade]

Leanna smiled as Jenna returned the greeting and complimented her hair, it wasn't often that she received such compliments these days not that it mattered with certain situations but at the same time she wasn't going to turn it down. " Thank you Jenna I must admit I was hoping that I would bump into you as I enjoyed our last conversation " she replied as she then showed her the guitar and mentioned how she couldn't wait to play her in front of a crowd and how good it sounded back in the shop.

This gave Leanna an idea and decided to come right out with it as she had a feeling that Jenna might like the opportunity " Well how about you come play at Puzzles?, I'm wanting to have a live music night twice a week and I'm sure you'll get on with the other bands and singers I thinking of including plus we get to hang out a bit more " she said genuinely meaning it as she liked Jenna and how well they got on when she last visited the bar.

As she waited for her answer she couldn't help but pick up on her thoughts regarding Eliana and didn't want to pry but if she could help in getting them to talk then she was happy to do that without them knowing as was her way.
[ Promenade ]

"I would love that. I would just need to borrow the keyboard until a vendor comes in so I can get my own. I am good if you can find me a drummer,"Jenna said. The thought of playing for a crowd again was nice. She could highlight her singing.

Her mind wandered to Eliana. Maybe she could give the woman a chance to at least speak to her. Though Jenna knew to be guarded with her, she still wanted to extend some olive branch now that time had passed. Even if it was just small talk on a weekly basis, she welcomed the thought of speaking to her ex once again. 

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2017, 02:37:16 pm »
[ Promenade ]

"I would love that. I would just need to borrow the keyboard until a vendor comes in so I can get my own. I am good if you can find me a drummer,"Jenna said. The thought of playing for a crowd again was nice. She could highlight her singing.

Her mind wandered to Eliana. Maybe she could give the woman a chance to at least speak to her. Though Jenna knew to be guarded with her, she still wanted to extend some olive branch now that time had passed. Even if it was just small talk on a weekly basis, she welcomed the thought of speaking to her ex once again.

[Promenade]

Leanna smiled as Jenna said that she would love to play in Puzzles and when she mentioned borrowing a keyboard until she got her own and that she would need a drummer she knew exactly who to ask. " Brilliant Jenna, don't worry about the keyboard as we have a spare and as for a drummer that's not a problem as we have a house band and I think you'll get on well with them" Leanna replied.

Again it wasn't difficult being in such close proximity to pick up on Jenna's thoughts " In fact once we're finished exploring the fair I can take you to meet them and a certain person might be there well if she values her job she will be " she said jokingly then her tone changed " I understand though if you don't want to see her but first let's have some fun and I've heard that they're selling jumja sticks nearby".

Offline E'Veece Septimus

• Suspended Account
  • Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2017, 06:16:56 am »
[Lower Promenade]

I don't think I've met a Romulan who's been so bashful before, Alex thought to himself with some amusement. A part of him felt sorry for the young woman; fresh out of the Academy, he would've dreaded any sort of interaction with an officer higher than the rank of lieutenant. Junior grade, preferably. Then again, he had never accosted a senior officer under the premise of a date to get away from an unwanted admirer.

You make your bed...I suppose. Chuckling softly, Alex gestured outwards at the promenade, inviting her to join him in the bustle of commerce. "Relax, you're not at the Academy anymore and I'm not on duty. Not sure if you're supposed to be..." He glanced down quizzingly at her uniform. "But assuming you're not, do you have any objection if I called you E'Veece? Or would you be more comfortable with Ensign?"

She took note that the Lieutenant Commander eyed her uniform, questioningly. The behavior kind of baffled the Ensign.

"I'm...on a Federation Starbase? I'm not sure why you're not in uniform, sir..." she said, shrugging her shoulders a bit. "But I'm not on duty and E'Veece will be fine. There's a new restaurant that opened up on Columbus, recently. I think it's called Puzzles. Want to give it a go?"

Offline Alexander Wu

• Pineapple Pizza Crusader
  • Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2017, 03:18:49 pm »
She took note that the Lieutenant Commander eyed her uniform, questioningly. The behavior kind of baffled the Ensign.

"I'm...on a Federation Starbase? I'm not sure why you're not in uniform, sir..." she said, shrugging her shoulders a bit. "But I'm not on duty and E'Veece will be fine. There's a new restaurant that opened up on Columbus, recently. I think it's called Puzzles. Want to give it a go?"

[Lower Promenade]

Chuckling, Alex gestured down at himself, wearing a conservatively coloured pair of slacks and plaid short sleeves. "I'm on shore leave, this is good enough as a uniform." He smiled goodnaturedly. "I've spent over a decade wearing Starfleet red, and sometimes, I need to get away from the job. You might feel the same way someday..."

"That sounds great, whereabouts is it?"

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2017, 06:45:16 pm »
[Jumja Stick Stand]

To Arrun's fortune, the German accent of one of the humans was a familiar one. Memories of debating medieval theology at Wartburg Castle with a certain curator was a pleasant one; although, the German tongue was beyond his ability to master. The harsh sounds clashing drastically with the lilting and melodic Bajoran tongue. It then finally dawned on Arrun that the two men were lovers and likely parents of the children they were with. Akin to some Bajoran men, Human family structure did not always follow biological opposites, sometimes they paired with the same gender and adopting the children of others; or was it they found some way to mix genetic structures to produce offspring as well? Arrun would have to message his Xeno-Cultural studies professor about it when he got a chance. 

With these thoughts in mind, Arrun smiled to see yet another happy family gathered around to enjoy the sweets, well hopefully enjoy. Images of happy Bajoran families gathering at the Temple steps for festivals came to mind when he saw the scene before him.

To the bubbly and outgoing young girl, he handed a deep red glop of jumja on a stick, with brilliant strawberries just below the surface; it was not strictly necessary to display the slices like that, but it made sorting them out easier and customers swore they could taste the strawberry much better. To the quiet young boy and two gentlemen, he handed almost purple jumja on sticks with the blueberries peeking out from within the deep shades. An old folk tale said that one could tell the sort of child you'd grow up to be by the kind of Jumja you ate; then again, other folk tales said if you sat facing True North on Bajor when you prayed to the Prophets, they could hear you better.

"Here you all are! One strawberry jumja and three blueberry!" He said with a smile after handing them all out. After handing out so many from the display on top of his counter, Arrun began fetching more in a container beneath his counter and setting them out; allowing the array of colors and flavors to stand out for passers-by to see. "Be careful!" he warned softly and somewhat teasingly for the childrens' benefit; while still warning the parents about it. "If you bite into it, it can get stuck there. Better to lick it for a while until it gets small enough to gobble up!"

The one thing that made jumja the most Bajoran, at least in the modern sense was this: most all jumjas came in the same size, no matter how old or young you were; if you were the Kai or a drifter. Jumjas may come in many flavors, but everyone who got a jumja, was to get a similar sized jumja. Though, what appeared massive to a child's eyes was still rather large for an adult, almost big enough to grab hold of a glop in one adult hand.

[Location: Jumja Stick Stand]

The young girl beamed, a wide smile with bright blue eyes. She eagerly took the stick from the Bajoran. She than said the following, "Oh wow! Thank you Mister!" She was bright eyed, bubbly and polite. She proceeded to lick it like a lollypop because that is what made sense to her.

Tritter told his young quiet son to ahead and take the stick. He was a quiet kid, but over all, he seemed happy, he also took after Tritter, as he was the same way as a child. The young boy, Chris is his name, looked at the Bajoran, smiled slightly and thanked him for the stick. He took his older sister's lead on what to do with it.

Ryan would than take the other two blue ones from the Bajoran, the man had a slightly southern accent, despite the fact that he lived in the northern US all of his life. He than handed one to Tritter, who looked at it with curiousity, almost like a kid who had just found a new bug. Ryan than thanked the Bajoran for the sticks and paid them accordingly. Before he looked at Tritter and stated, "You ready now you big Lug?" To which Tritter just gave his Husband a glare that could break glass.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • And in a moment, Knox realized it had all changed.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2017, 07:58:33 pm »
[Promenade]

Knox wondered through the multicultural extravaganza. It was ao beautiful to observe all of the cultures, together in one place. It brought back many of Sirzi's and Nazar's past memories. Since hearing their voices, she had secretly longed to be infected with Xa'zii bacteria to get them back. Though, this was also somewhat of a suicidal thought, technically. And, thus she realized it might be time to return to Trill for the Rite of Emergence.

Knox smiled and stopped by a Thalian vendor who had offered her a free sample of chocolate mousse.

"Delicious. How does the mousse remain so light and cool and yet have such a rich thickness and depth of flavor?"

"It is a secret family recipe that has been handed down for a millennia."

She smiled accepting another scoop offered before continuing on her walk. She was enjoying her own company, but occasionally observed some rather attractive Gallamites wondering around. Though Ch'pok still considered Knox to be engaged, she had no intention of marrying the first (well, technically not the 'first' first) Klingon she had become intimate with. Plus, he was so busy with blood feuds, missions for the glory of the Empire and such that their relationship was merely over subspace. This technically meant to her that they were free to see other people.

Knox enjoyed the atmosphere and people watching. She noticed Commander Tritter and his beautiful family enjoying their Jumja sticks and smiled. His thick German accent often came over comms rather abruptly, though she now saw a different side to him right in front of her.

[Lower Promenade]

It was interesting to observe the stark contrast between the upper and lower promenades, though acknowledging and respecting both the light and the dark was a particular trait of hers. Darker corners, and nooks with too many people crowed around and Ferengi scampering around and various cloaked individuals. Her aim was to see the renowned Orion dancers, though debated if it were too early.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 08:02:35 pm by Katharoz Knox »

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2017, 09:29:46 pm »
[Shop]

"I was stopping in to...say 'hello.'" I was ordered to, he almost added. Instead he went on:

"It is indeed a pleasure to meet you ladies. Naira is a valued member of our team." He said blandly, clearly ill at ease. "Uh, I am Captain Adeyemi, by the way. Malcolm."

Saying his first name left him feeling even more awkward. Desperately, the strong looking and formidable Starfleet CO glanced around.

"Have you all eaten? Taken a tour of the Station? Our civilian hospitality liaison used to be a former Vatican City tour guide. She's very entertaining and informative. I chose her myself, after a holiday to earth holy sites last year."

[Lower Promenade - Orion Shop]

The ears of Naira's young aunt, who had been standing by door, perked up at the sound of Malcolm's rank. In Orion society captains were held in high esteem. And those with a captain...well she wasn't one to let such and opportunity pass her by.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Captain." She said as walked over, flipped her her long hair over her shoulder, tilted her head to one side and shifted all of her weight onto her other hip, extending it outwards.

From across the room, Naira could clearly see what her aunt was up to and tried to covertly signal her to disengage, but either her aunt wasn't paying attention, or more likely, she ignored it. Later, they'd all laugh about this, but in this moment Naira wasn't sure who she felt more sorry for.

"Perhaps you might want to..." She was twirling a stand of hair around her finger and sizing him up when another Orion woman entered the shop. One they did not recognize.

Or did she?

Naira silently watched the exchange between the woman and the captain as she tried to place the woman. Had they met before? Or maybe there was something about her that reminded her of someone else.

Orion shop

The elderly Orion woman who had been sitting in the corner playing music put down her instrument and slowly shuffled into the center of the room where the others were standing. She was half-blind and losing her hearing, but she was sure that she had heard someone say that they had a firepot and some wing-slugs.

"Well girls, don't just stand there. Help me get this thing fired up!"

She moved closer to the newcomer, squinted her eyes and closely examined her. "I don't know you. Who is your mother?"   

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2017, 09:55:23 pm »
[Lower Promenade - Orion Shop]

The ears of Naira's young aunt, who had been standing by door, perked up at the sound of Malcolm's rank. In Orion society captains were held in high esteem. And those with a captain...well she wasn't one to let such and opportunity pass her by.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Captain." She said as walked over, flipped her her long hair over her shoulder, tilted her head to one side and shifted all of her weight onto her other hip, extending it outwards.

From across the room, Naira could clearly see what her aunt was up to and tried to covertly signal her to disengage, but either her aunt wasn't paying attention, or more likely, she ignored it. Later, they'd all laugh about this, but in this moment Naira wasn't sure who she felt more sorry for.

"Perhaps you might want to..." She was twirling a stand of hair around her finger and sizing him up when another Orion woman entered the shop. One they did not recognize.

[Shop]

Adeyemi had been aware of the alluring women surrounding him. Dr. Naira herself looked prim and proper and conservative, as she should, but her relatives were a different story. The captain wasn't a priest and he wasn't made of stone. He was, however, a Starfleet officer and would never behave inappropriately around the family member of his second officer.

"I think not," Adeyemi said with an iron tone. "It would not be seemly. Let's all eat our worms."

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2017, 10:16:30 pm »
[Shop]

Adeyemi had been aware of the alluring women surrounding him. Dr. Naira herself looked prim and proper and conservative, as she should, but her relatives were a different story. The captain wasn't a priest and he wasn't made of stone. He was, however, a Starfleet officer and would never behave inappropriately around the family member of his second officer.

"I think not," Adeyemi said with an iron tone. "It would not be seemly. Let's all eat our worms."

[Orion Shop]

Naira couldn't remember a time that she had ever tried harder to stifle a laugh before it could escape her mouth. Her aunt turned and gave her one hell of a dirty look, but that only made it worse.

"Here, let me help you with that."

Naira got up from her seat, offered her arm to her pregnant cousin to help her up and then rushed over to the captain and the other Orion woman to help with the firepot that looked to weigh a great deal. While she had only ever eaten out of one of the things once in her life, she wasn't exactly sure how to set it up or use it. Cooking was one thing that she had never bothered to learn.

After years of intense studying and a time-consuming career, it was just easier to turn to a replicator to get her meals. That was when she didn't go for the extra convenience of a nutritional shake that had the other bonus of being portable and easy to consume while on the job. However, she was interested to try the thing and she was sure that her daughters would love a little taste of home.

"You're going to have to instruct me in how to set this up as I have no idea what I'm doing."

The elderly Orion scoffed and bobbed her head in the direction of Naira, "That one never took to the domestic skills. Frankly, we were all a little surprised she took on children."

Offline Jada

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • #greenlivesmatter
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2017, 10:34:49 pm »
Orion shop

"I'd be honored to partake," He said, thinking that he badly needed another tall can of strong lager. "After all, 'Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old.'"

'Uh, right.' Jada agreed, having absolutely no idea what he was referring to.

While the other woman prowled around the captain (of course), Jada looked away, a bit embarrassed. She could not be so pretty, nor hunt with such grace. Instead, she busied herself fussing with the firepot, removing the things she'd stored inside.

"Well girls, don't just stand there. Help me get this thing fired up!"

"Here, let me help you with that."

"You're going to have to instruct me in how to set this up as I have no idea what I'm doing."

Jada took this as a cue that it was okay to start cooking. 'Okay.' Jada demonstrated the fold-out grills and controls hidden behind panels. No primitive medieval cauldron, it was a modern barbecue, a piece of advanced technology cunningly wrought to look much older and simpler, as much of an archetype as the Orions themselves. Finally, she switching the cauldron on; the stones in the bottom section began to warm and quickly glowed cherry red.

She moved closer to the newcomer, squinted her eyes and closely examined her. "I don't know you. Who is your mother?"

She was a bit taken aback by the grandmother's greeting though. She stood almost to attention, 'My mother is D'Nush of the Nozama caj, honoured tabadi.' before bowing in respect. That was true, but she left out her home planet. The Thiratin tended to terrify. 'I thank you for your hospitality.' She pulled a utility knife – if anyone asked, it was a cooking utensil, sure – still in its sheath from her belt and passed it to the younger woman, figuratively and literally putting herself in their power as an honoured hostage. Of course, she still respected that power by keeping whatever other blades and shivs she might have hidden, and it would be rude to inquire.
Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2017, 11:41:27 pm »
[Promenade]

Knox wondered through the multicultural extravaganza. It was ao beautiful to observe all of the cultures, together in one place. It brought back many of Sirzi's and Nazar's past memories. Since hearing their voices, she had secretly longed to be infected with Xa'zii bacteria to get them back. Though, this was also somewhat of a suicidal thought, technically. And, thus she realized it might be time to return to Trill for the Rite of Emergence.

Knox smiled and stopped by a Thalian vendor who had offered her a free sample of chocolate mousse.

"Delicious. How does the mousse remain so light and cool and yet have such a rich thickness and depth of flavor?"

"It is a secret family recipe that has been handed down for a millennia."

She smiled accepting another scoop offered before continuing on her walk. She was enjoying her own company, but occasionally observed some rather attractive Gallamites wondering around. Though Ch'pok still considered Knox to be engaged, she had no intention of marrying the first (well, technically not the 'first' first) Klingon she had become intimate with. Plus, he was so busy with blood feuds, missions for the glory of the Empire and such that their relationship was merely over subspace. This technically meant to her that they were free to see other people.

Knox enjoyed the atmosphere and people watching. She noticed Commander Tritter and his beautiful family enjoying their Jumja sticks and smiled. His thick German accent often came over comms rather abruptly, though she now saw a different side to him right in front of her.

[Lower Promenade]

It was interesting to observe the stark contrast between the upper and lower promenades, though acknowledging and respecting both the light and the dark was a particular trait of hers. Darker corners, and nooks with too many people crowed around and Ferengi scampering around and various cloaked individuals. Her aim was to see the renowned Orion dancers, though debated if it were too early.

[Location: Jumja Stick Stand]

Tritter had started to make his way from the stand when he noticed the Ensign. He than turned to face her, with Jumja stick in his hand, which honestly felt ridiculous to him. He was also pretty image conscious, so he didn't just start licking it like both of his kids and his Husband. Tritter than nodded slightly to the Ensign, he than would greet her with the following, "Hello Ensign, how are you?" His heavily German accented voice was calm, a bit awkward as he spoke, as he was a bit uncomfortable in these kind of situations. His youngest would slide out of the chair and than nudge up next to Tritter's leg, as his son was easily made to be nervous and shy.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • And in a moment, Knox realized it had all changed.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2017, 08:54:11 am »
[Upper Promenade]

"Hello Ensign, how are you?" His heavily German accented voice was calm, a bit awkward as he spoke, as he was a bit uncomfortable in these kind of situations. His youngest would slide out of the chair and than nudge up next to Tritter's leg, as his son was easily made to be nervous and shy.

"Commander."

Though it had not Knox's intention to respond as she would have in Ops, it certainly sounded like it. Realizing this, and observing his youngest child's behavior, she corrected it.

"How are you finding the fair? I can see that your family are enjoying their Jumja sticks!"

She waved towards the Commander's husband. Though normally would have held out her hand, a gesture by way of an introduction she had learnt, but as he was preoccupied with a sticky treat, she thought better of it.

"Hello there, I am Knox. A pleasure to meet the man behind the great man!"

Knox's memory flashed back to when she had heard the Commander's voice over Comms during the time when Ops lost hull pressure, and and...

Coming back to the present, and checking if it would be first, she knelt down towards his little one as to better introduce herself. She smiled and just hoped not to scare him.

"Hello, I am Knox. Your Daddy is my boss! What is your name?"

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2017, 01:51:51 pm »
[Upper Promenade]

"Commander."

Though it had not Knox's intention to respond as she would have in Ops, it certainly sounded like it. Realizing this, and observing his youngest child's behavior, she corrected it.

"How are you finding the fair? I can see that your family are enjoying their Jumja sticks!"

She waved towards the Commander's husband. Though normally would have held out her hand, a gesture by way of an introduction she had learnt, but as he was preoccupied with a sticky treat, she thought better of it.

"Hello there, I am Knox. A pleasure to meet the man behind the great man!"

Knox's memory flashed back to when she had heard the Commander's voice over Comms during the time when Ops lost hull pressure, and and...

Coming back to the present, and checking if it would be first, she knelt down towards his little one as to better introduce herself. She smiled and just hoped not to scare him.

"Hello, I am Knox. Your Daddy is my boss! What is your name?"

[Location: Upper Promenade]

Tritter pondered over the Ensign's questiom of him, he than replied with "It is interesting to say the least, the kids are enjoying it. How about yourself?" His heavily accented voice was smooth but the Germanaic accent did have some harsh tones to it as he spoke.

Ryan would than offer her his right hand after he shifted the stick to his left hand, he grinned a bjt and said, "I am Ryan, nice to meet yoy" His voice was smooth, carrying a slight southern accent.

Tritter than noticed Knox kneel down infront of his young son, he put his large left hand on his son's back to reassure him that it is ok. He nudged into his Dad's leg, but he replied with "My name is Christopher, what is yours?" Their young daughter watched the exchange with a wide eyed curiousity as she licked the Jumja stick she had.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles