Author Topic: Cultural Appreciation Fair (open to anyone)  (Read 18359 times)

Offline E'Veece Septimus

• Suspended Account
  • Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Cultural Appreciation Fair (open to anyone)
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2017, 10:19:38 am »
[Lower Promenade]

Alex almost choked on a piece of tentacle, as the Ensign switched tacks with all the grace of a business savvy Ferengi. Rapidly recovering, he had the intuition to give the unfortunate man an apologetic smile, playing right along; while wholly unexpected, the female officer wasn't exactly unpleasant to look at. "I intend to, crewman. Have a nice evening."

With the show over, the flow of traffic eased considerably, enough so Alex was able to lead her out of earshot with relative ease, one arm entwined with her's and the other occupied by an half consumed skewer. A small alcove offered respite from the crowds, and he delicately disentangled himself from the ensign there. "What on Earth happened there?" Alex asked, finally allowing the bemused smirk which he had struggled so hard to conceal appear.

The Ensign actually attempted to disentangle herself form him first, the moment that Eddy was out of view. The Romulaness was anti-social. The stranger would pick that up immediately. Then he would ask precisely what happened back there.

"The worst possible thing... Ever.... Of all time...."

The moment he asked about what happened, she glowered at him. Her extreme Vulcanoid emotions, or maybe she was just naturally mean. But she calmed down, regaining herself. Sighing, she began to speak again.

"Sorry. While I have no intention of buying you a meal or a drink, I suppose I should be more friendly, since you did save me back there. I'm Ensign E'Veece Septimus, flight officer of the Starbase Columbus. And you are?"

Offline Alexander Wu

• Pineapple Pizza Crusader
  • Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2017, 02:34:31 pm »
The Ensign actually attempted to disentangle herself form him first, the moment that Eddy was out of view. The Romulaness was anti-social. The stranger would pick that up immediately. Then he would ask precisely what happened back there.

"The worst possible thing... Ever.... Of all time...."

The moment he asked about what happened, she glowered at him. Her extreme Vulcanoid emotions, or maybe she was just naturally mean. But she calmed down, regaining herself. Sighing, she began to speak again.

"Sorry. While I have no intention of buying you a meal or a drink, I suppose I should be more friendly, since you did save me back there. I'm Ensign E'Veece Septimus, flight officer of the Starbase Columbus. And you are?"

[Lower Promenade]

Alex chuckled at her assertion regarding the crewman's apparently one-sided attention, oblivious to how much his amusement might incense her temper. "It IS the 24th century...you could've just asked him to go away."

He held out his hand, introducing himself. "Lieutenant Commander Alexander Wu, recently assigned to the Discovery. Off duty, call me Alex. And I'm glad you're not going to buy, because that gives me a chance to offer instead." He raised an eyebrow quizzedly. "Unless you had other plans, of course?"

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Offline Arrun Dihsar

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Knowing your destiny is only half the journey.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 04:49:21 pm »
[Jumja Stick Stand, Promenade]

"Here you two go." Arrun said with a smile to a pair of friendly ladies as he handed each a reddish glob of sweet sap. "What is this, some sort of confection?" said the vulcan lady of the pair. "Those are jumja sticks, a popular sweet treat of my people" Arrun interjected. "I gave you a lythan herb flavor and your friend um...straw..." Arrun mumbled after the Terran fruit, doing his best to avoid the name of a similar Bajoran fruit for the universal translator to pick up, which was really not the same.

"Strawberry, you mean, ya?" Said the human lady of of the pair.

"Yes, that's it! Strawberry, thank you." Arrun said with a nod and a smile. "I hope you both like it."

The vulcan rose her eyebrows at the glob on a stick. "Do I bite it?"

Arrun chuckled softly and shook his head. "No, you lick it. If you bite it you're more likely to get it stuck then actually chew anything off."

The pair licked at their globs and both winced a little. Arrun looked between the two, "Oh no! I didn't make it too sweet did I?"

The human giggled and smiled at him. "No, just surprising is all, right Sel'na?"

The vulcan looked to Arrun to say something as the human cleared her throat pointedly. The vulcan hesitated, nodded, and said, "It is...an interesting taste."

Arrun sighed with relief, "Oh good, well have a good day!"

"You too!" said the human of the pair as they walked away with their jumja sticks, experimentally licking them now and again.

The bajoran was unsure how much they really enjoyed them or if they were just being polite, but he was happy to continue handing out sticks to anyone who stopped by. His earring jangled as he looked down at the various shades of red on sticks, the shades reminding him of his old vestments. He was told he could do a sermon if he really wanted to, could even tell stories of the Prophets, maybe sing a folk tune. But, somehow, that seemed like a step back to his old life. He was going to be a starfleet officer soon, he was going to be expected not to launch into a sermon or evangelize the will of the Prophets to any who would listen. The will of the Prophets was made eerily clear, his path was with Starfleet and not as a priest.

"Excuse me! Two jumjas please, extra sweet!" Shouted a happy child with her somewhat bemused father holding her hand.

Arrun blinked a few times, shook his head and looked to the father and child. Broken out of his reverie, he put on his best smile and pulled two of his sweetest jumja sticks. "Here you go, two extra sweets!"
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 05:00:40 pm by Arrun Dihsar »

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2017, 09:54:26 pm »
[Location: Cultural Fair]

The Tritter family had started to migrate their way through the various booths. Their Daughter was the more outgoing one, who wanted to check everything out, but she would check with one of her Dads before going off to investigate different things. There was many different... ethnic cuisine if you will. Both of the kids found it curious if you will. The two men held hands as they watched their children investigate the booths around them.

Their Daughter than noticed one of the booths, which seemed interesting to her. She than looked at Tritter and her gaze was one of asking permission, he nodded slightly to the young child, as if telling her to go ahead. She than would approach the Jumja Stick stand, it seemed interesting to the six year old child. She than looked up towards Arrun, she had a wide smile and a mischievous glint in her eyes, she than said "Hello! What you have here looks interesting, what is it?" She seemed genuinely interested in what the shop keep had. Both of her Dads kept a close eye on her. Their son was latched right next to Tritter's leg, he was a younger and nervous child.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Arrun Dihsar

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2017, 11:37:03 pm »
...She than looked up towards Arrun, she had a wide smile and a mischievous glint in her eyes, she than said "Hello! What you have here looks interesting, what is it?" She seemed genuinely interested in what the shop keep had. Both of her Dads kept a close eye on her. Their son was latched right next to Tritter's leg, he was a younger and nervous child.

[Jumja Stick Stand]

Arrun smiled at the friendly child, "Hello yourself young lady." He then looked around for the child's parents, spotting a pair of watchful men standing nearby with another young child with them. The bajoran nodded to them and then turned his attention the child in front of him. "These are JUM-ja sticks." he over pronounced the word to make sure the girl could say the bajoran word properly; he knew bajoran wasn't exactly standard curriculum for most human children. "It is a sweet goopy treat made from the sap of a jumja tree; they are really popular with children and most adults from my world of Bajor." Arrun smiled and paused a moment to restrain himself from recounting the tale of the boy who was led by the Prophets to feed from a jumja tree.

"If it is okay with your..." Arrun glanced again to the watchful pair, uncertain of what word he would use, he did not quite recall human biology or family structures; so he chose the first word that seemed to fit and hoped he was right. "...family, you can have one. There's the regular kind, the super sweet kind, and" Arrun quickly thought of a couple popular flavorings the human guests had liked. "we even have some that are flavored: ras, straw, and blue berries." He gestured to each goopy red treat as he struggled with the one Terran language he knew, hoping he did not mangle it so badly the universal translator had to pick up his errors. He then remembered the tale of the stingy priest, "the rest of your family can each have one too, if they want any."

Offline E'Veece Septimus

• Suspended Account
  • Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2017, 07:13:56 pm »
[Lower Promenade]

Alex chuckled at her assertion regarding the crewman's apparently one-sided attention, oblivious to how much his amusement might incense her temper. "It IS the 24th century...you could've just asked him to go away."

He held out his hand, introducing himself. "Lieutenant Commander Alexander Wu, recently assigned to the Discovery. Off duty, call me Alex. And I'm glad you're not going to buy, because that gives me a chance to offer instead." He raised an eyebrow quizzedly. "Unless you had other plans, of course?"

The stranger remarked how it would've been better to simply tell the crewman that she wasn't interested and that he should go away. And he was right. But she just shrugged her shoulders....

"It's a woman thing, I suppose...." she said with a cynical, maybe even cold smirk.

Then the stranger in civilian attire introduced himself, a Lieutenant Commander Alexander Wu. Her eyes very very subtly widen and her sardonic smirk faded barely noticeably. She realized the gravity of the situation, being in the presence of an officer that dwarfed her in rank. She was too caught off guard to even take his hand when he offered it.

"Oh..... Oh...... Oh..... Well then..... I'm sorry if I seemed rude earlier then...."

Shrugging again, she twisted and slanted her lips for a moment before saying, "But if having a meal and a drink with you will get you to overlook that....I'd love to!"

Offline Alexander Wu

• Pineapple Pizza Crusader
  • Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2017, 07:51:26 pm »
The stranger remarked how it would've been better to simply tell the crewman that she wasn't interested and that he should go away. And he was right. But she just shrugged her shoulders....

"It's a woman thing, I suppose...." she said with a cynical, maybe even cold smirk.

Then the stranger in civilian attire introduced himself, a Lieutenant Commander Alexander Wu. Her eyes very very subtly widen and her sardonic smirk faded barely noticeably. She realized the gravity of the situation, being in the presence of an officer that dwarfed her in rank. She was too caught off guard to even take his hand when he offered it.

"Oh..... Oh...... Oh..... Well then..... I'm sorry if I seemed rude earlier then...."

Shrugging again, she twisted and slanted her lips for a moment before saying, "But if having a meal and a drink with you will get you to overlook that....I'd love to!"

[Lower Promenade]

I don't think I've met a Romulan who's been so bashful before, Alex thought to himself with some amusement. A part of him felt sorry for the young woman; fresh out of the Academy, he would've dreaded any sort of interaction with an officer higher than the rank of lieutenant. Junior grade, preferably. Then again, he had never accosted a senior officer under the premise of a date to get away from an unwanted admirer.

You make your bed...I suppose. Chuckling softly, Alex gestured outwards at the promenade, inviting her to join him in the bustle of commerce. "Relax, you're not at the Academy anymore and I'm not on duty. Not sure if you're supposed to be..." He glanced down quizzingly at her uniform. "But assuming you're not, do you have any objection if I called you E'Veece? Or would you be more comfortable with Ensign?"

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Offline Jada

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • #greenlivesmatter
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2017, 02:03:04 am »
[Lower Promenade]

Behind Captain Adeyemi, another Orion woman entered the shop, this one manhandling a massive iron cauldron. It might weigh an isoton, but she managed it, biceps and triceps and at least one muscle unknown to human anatomy bulging. Huffing, she lumbered around the human captain, calling 'Excuse me! Someone ordered a firepot?'

She dumped the cauldron onto the deck with a heavy clang. It was genuine Orion firepot, cast of black iron and carved with mythic scenes of spaceships, knife-wielding warriors, and dancing women. It was hourglass-shaped; the bottom would hold hot coals or stones, while food could be prepared in or above the upper section. It was the traditional way to barbecue spine boar or boil wing-slugs.

Jada stepped back, wiping sweat from her brow and flexing her arms, with thews like durosteel cables rippling under tattooed green skin. Short-haired, compact, powerful, tattooed, and dangerous in every motion, the difference from the beautiful mothers here could not be greater. 'Hubin the Burned's finest work, guaranteed almost never to explode.' she declaimed with a sly air. 'A gift of the Nozama to the colony of Starbase Columbus.' Jada was passing through the station after a visit to her clan on Holcomb's World, and naturally they'd asked her, if she could possibly be so kind, and could find the time, of course, but it would be really so good for the family, to move a few small things here or there. She could hardly refuse, and her short trip had become something of a trading expedition. It was an effort to open relations with the neighbours, as it were, and build new clan ties. The clan chief also seemed a bit worried these Columbus Orions were sadly out-of-touch with their culture. In any case, Jada had made a little profit off the top, even if she did have to ask Uncle Hubin what exactly he meant by "small".
Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2017, 09:16:38 am »
[Lower Promenade]

Behind Captain Adeyemi, another Orion woman entered the shop, this one manhandling a massive iron cauldron. It might weigh an isoton, but she managed it, biceps and triceps and at least one muscle unknown to human anatomy bulging. Huffing, she lumbered around the human captain, calling 'Excuse me! Someone ordered a firepot?'

She dumped the cauldron onto the deck with a heavy clang. It was genuine Orion firepot, cast of black iron and carved with mythic scenes of spaceships, knife-wielding warriors, and dancing women. It was hourglass-shaped; the bottom would hold hot coals or stones, while food could be prepared in or above the upper section. It was the traditional way to barbecue spine boar or boil wing-slugs.

Jada stepped back, wiping sweat from her brow and flexing her arms, with thews like durosteel cables rippling under tattooed green skin. Short-haired, compact, powerful, tattooed, and dangerous in every motion, the difference from the beautiful mothers here could not be greater. 'Hubin the Burned's finest work, guaranteed almost never to explode.' she declaimed with a sly air. 'A gift of the Nozama to the colony of Starbase Columbus.' Jada was passing through the station after a visit to her clan on Holcomb's World, and naturally they'd asked her, if she could possibly be so kind, and could find the time, of course, but it would be really so good for the family, to move a few small things here or there. She could hardly refuse, and her short trip had become something of a trading expedition. It was an effort to open relations with the neighbours, as it were, and build new clan ties. The clan chief also seemed a bit worried these Columbus Orions were sadly out-of-touch with their culture. In any case, Jada had made a little profit off the top, even if she did have to ask Uncle Hubin what exactly he meant by "small".

[Shop]

Adeyemi raised an eyebrow at the enormous cauldron. It reminded him of an alien version of some kind of earth fairly tale with witches. Not for the first time, the captain thought upon the amazing diversity in Starfleet, and in the galaxy. God's creations are truly wondrous. He smiled slightly at the newcomer, grateful for the distraction.

"Captain Adeyemi." He said. He already knew he outranked the new Orion. Not many officers at his level had that kind of build. Adeyemi himself was fit, younger than most captains, but even at 6'2" and over 200 lbs of mostly muscle he felt that the woman before him could take him out with both hands tied behind her back. Security, he assumed at once. He also knew that she wasn't one of his, even if she hadn't said so. Adeyemi had a memory like a whole herd of elephants, a talent for names and faces. She would have stuck out in his mind for sure.

Offline Jada

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • #greenlivesmatter
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2017, 10:40:50 am »
[Lower Promenade]'CPO Jada Nozama, Chief of Sec/Tac, USS Tempest.' she introduced herself crisply. 'Currently on leave for family commitments.' she added, to explain her unofficial presence here.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:15:12 pm by Jada »

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2017, 11:02:57 am »
[Lower Promenade]'CPO Jada Nozama, Chief of Sec/Tac, USS Tempest.' she introduced herself crisply. 'Currently on leave for family commitments.' she added, to explain her unofficial presence here.

[Shop]

"At ease," Said the captain instantly, reflexively. That was the thing about Starfleet training, having lived one's life aboard starships and in uniforms: certain acts became automatic. Adeyemi did not even truly hear himself replying, it just came out, in uniform or not.

"Pleased to have you aboard, Chief Nozama." The captain said. "I was very glad to open the Columbus to the Fleet. We are the home base, after all. How are you liking our Station?"

Offline Jada

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • #greenlivesmatter
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2017, 09:27:40 pm »
Orion Shop

Jada eased, though hardly relaxed, still feeling a bit wary with this unfamiliar commanding officer and in this unfamiliar station. She was out of her natural habitat, she knew. Her anxiety manifested as formality and disciplined rigidity. Which wasn't exactly a bad thing in the military, really. 'Chief Jada, please, sir.' she corrected softly, in a custom of preferring given name to family name. In Starfleet, she'd preferred to keep her clan name with pride, rather than go without or adopt a false name as some Orions did when they left their worlds. But it did need a lot of explaining.

'I'm afraid I haven't seen much of it yet, sir, looking over the top of this firepot.' she said with a small grin, indicating the big cauldron. 'You have nice ceilings though.'

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2017, 09:33:54 pm »
[Jumja Stick Stand]

Arrun smiled at the friendly child, "Hello yourself young lady." He then looked around for the child's parents, spotting a pair of watchful men standing nearby with another young child with them. The bajoran nodded to them and then turned his attention the child in front of him. "These are JUM-ja sticks." he over pronounced the word to make sure the girl could say the bajoran word properly; he knew bajoran wasn't exactly standard curriculum for most human children. "It is a sweet goopy treat made from the sap of a jumja tree; they are really popular with children and most adults from my world of Bajor." Arrun smiled and paused a moment to restrain himself from recounting the tale of the boy who was led by the Prophets to feed from a jumja tree.

"If it is okay with your..." Arrun glanced again to the watchful pair, uncertain of what word he would use, he did not quite recall human biology or family structures; so he chose the first word that seemed to fit and hoped he was right. "...family, you can have one. There's the regular kind, the super sweet kind, and" Arrun quickly thought of a couple popular flavorings the human guests had liked. "we even have some that are flavored: ras, straw, and blue berries." He gestured to each goopy red treat as he struggled with the one Terran language he knew, hoping he did not mangle it so badly the universal translator had to pick up his errors. He then remembered the tale of the stingy priest, "the rest of your family can each have one too, if they want any."

[Location: Jumja Stick Stand]

Ashley than waved enthusiastically the man behind the stand. She was an outgoing, bubbly child who was six years of age, with long brown hair tied back in a pony tail. Both men noticed the bajoran looking at them. Ashley than looked curiously at the man, she than took a few tries at the word the man than said to her, she butchered it about three times before she finally got it right. She than grinned widely once she did. She also seemed to like his story, as she leaned in and focused on him.

Both men noticed the man looking at them, they looked to eachother for a moment, they seemed to speak to eachother without actually speaking. Tritter nodded to Ryan, he than focused back on the Bajoran. Both made their way towards the stand, he was trying to get his youngest child to come out of his shell. Ryan would than help the young child onto the stool next to his Daughter.

Tritter than said to the children "Go ahead and pick any you guys might want" Ashley, naturally, would be the first to pipe up, she than said, "Blueberry for me please!" She was super bubbly as she spoke. Her brother on the other hand, was very quiet, and he was very difficult to hear, but he stated "Strawberry for me please" Tritter looked towards Ryan, he than asked him the following, "Honey, would you like one?" Ryan pondered for a moment, he was fairly adventurous "I'll try a blue berry one, how about you?" Tritter shrugged a bit, why the hell not? He than looked towards the shop keeper, the man's heavy German accent may be hard for the bajoran to understand, but he said the following to the man, "I would like a blue berry one as well" Tritter was the calm and quiet one, as well as their son was the same way. Ryan was a bit more outgoing, and Ashley was the most bubbly one of the bunch.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2017, 09:58:07 pm »
Orion Shop

Jada eased, though hardly relaxed, still feeling a bit wary with this unfamiliar commanding officer and in this unfamiliar station. She was out of her natural habitat, she knew. Her anxiety manifested as formality and disciplined rigidity. Which wasn't exactly a bad thing in the military, really. 'Chief Jada, please, sir.' she corrected softly, in a custom of preferring given name to family name. In Starfleet, she'd preferred to keep her clan name with pride, rather than go without or adopt a false name as some Orions did when they left their worlds. But it did need a lot of explaining.

'I'm afraid I haven't seen much of it yet, sir, looking over the top of this firepot.' she said with a small grin, indicating the big cauldron. 'You have nice ceilings though.'

[Shop]

"Chief Jada, then. The ceilings? I'm pleased you think so." Adeyemi said in the same tone someone might say Lovely weather we're having. He didn't sound as if he cared, but he wasn't coming across as being a jerk, either. Wit, humor, and banter meant nothing to him. Socializing was simply another duty for him to attend to.

"I have to admit this device has me curious." The captain said. "I had some barbecued meat earlier, human style. I'd be eager to compare the two. Perhaps we should set this firepot up?"

Offline Arrun Dihsar

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2017, 03:05:23 am »
[Location: Jumja Stick Stand]

Ashley than waved enthusiastically the man behind the stand. She was an outgoing, bubbly child who was six years of age, with long brown hair tied back in a pony tail. Both men noticed the bajoran looking at them. Ashley than looked curiously at the man, she than took a few tries at the word the man than said to her, she butchered it about three times before she finally got it right. She than grinned widely once she did. She also seemed to like his story, as she leaned in and focused on him.

Both men noticed the man looking at them, they looked to eachother for a moment, they seemed to speak to eachother without actually speaking. Tritter nodded to Ryan, he than focused back on the Bajoran. Both made their way towards the stand, he was trying to get his youngest child to come out of his shell. Ryan would than help the young child onto the stool next to his Daughter.

Tritter than said to the children "Go ahead and pick any you guys might want" Ashley, naturally, would be the first to pipe up, she than said, "Blueberry for me please!" She was super bubbly as she spoke. Her brother on the other hand, was very quiet, and he was very difficult to hear, but he stated "Strawberry for me please" Tritter looked towards Ryan, he than asked him the following, "Honey, would you like one?" Ryan pondered for a moment, he was fairly adventurous "I'll try a blue berry one, how about you?" Tritter shrugged a bit, why the hell not? He than looked towards the shop keeper, the man's heavy German accent may be hard for the bajoran to understand, but he said the following to the man, "I would like a blue berry one as well" Tritter was the calm and quiet one, as well as their son was the same way. Ryan was a bit more outgoing, and Ashley was the most bubbly one of the bunch.

[Jumja Stick Stand]

To Arrun's fortune, the German accent of one of the humans was a familiar one. Memories of debating medieval theology at Wartburg Castle with a certain curator was a pleasant one; although, the German tongue was beyond his ability to master. The harsh sounds clashing drastically with the lilting and melodic Bajoran tongue. It then finally dawned on Arrun that the two men were lovers and likely parents of the children they were with. Akin to some Bajoran men, Human family structure did not always follow biological opposites, sometimes they paired with the same gender and adopting the children of others; or was it they found some way to mix genetic structures to produce offspring as well? Arrun would have to message his Xeno-Cultural studies professor about it when he got a chance. 

With these thoughts in mind, Arrun smiled to see yet another happy family gathered around to enjoy the sweets, well hopefully enjoy. Images of happy Bajoran families gathering at the Temple steps for festivals came to mind when he saw the scene before him.

To the bubbly and outgoing young girl, he handed a deep red glop of jumja on a stick, with brilliant strawberries just below the surface; it was not strictly necessary to display the slices like that, but it made sorting them out easier and customers swore they could taste the strawberry much better. To the quiet young boy and two gentlemen, he handed almost purple jumja on sticks with the blueberries peeking out from within the deep shades. An old folk tale said that one could tell the sort of child you'd grow up to be by the kind of Jumja you ate; then again, other folk tales said if you sat facing True North on Bajor when you prayed to the Prophets, they could hear you better.

"Here you all are! One strawberry jumja and three blueberry!" He said with a smile after handing them all out. After handing out so many from the display on top of his counter, Arrun began fetching more in a container beneath his counter and setting them out; allowing the array of colors and flavors to stand out for passers-by to see. "Be careful!" he warned softly and somewhat teasingly for the childrens' benefit; while still warning the parents about it. "If you bite into it, it can get stuck there. Better to lick it for a while until it gets small enough to gobble up!"

The one thing that made jumja the most Bajoran, at least in the modern sense was this: most all jumjas came in the same size, no matter how old or young you were; if you were the Kai or a drifter. Jumjas may come in many flavors, but everyone who got a jumja, was to get a similar sized jumja. Though, what appeared massive to a child's eyes was still rather large for an adult, almost big enough to grab hold of a glop in one adult hand.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 03:10:12 am by Arrun Dihsar »

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles