Season 1 Mission 10 - Lights Out

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, August 01, 2017, 08:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanner Lachlyn

-Section A, Promenade-

Tanner had been in a polite standoff with the Klingon when she heard someone pipe up.

"Hey Buttface!  The nice lady asked you to hand over the phaser, I think you should oblige to her request." 

"Buttface..." Tanner mouthed it in an almost whisper as the wind was knocked from her in a sudden panic. The person talking better have the balls to back up his wording.

Her eyes found the owner of the voice and he gave her a reassuring look. It didn't help much but it stopped her from saying anything. Which she wouldn't have been able to do as is given that he spoke again.

"If not, I swear by Kahless that I am going to make your face uglier, now that I think about it...I don't think that's possible. " 

And then he stared laughing. Tanner was dumbfounded, completely and utterly lost in what was happening. She just looked from the Klingon to the strange laughing man and then back to the Klingon. Time just stopped for those few seconds and then, the Klingon laughed. He roared with laughter in fact.

The phaser was tossed to Tanner as the Klingon said something in his native tongue that was directed at...the man who'd come into the situation. Or she assumed it was aimed at him. The Klingon was still laughing so his gaze tended to falter.

Medical attended and took the shaken up Security officer as Tanner just stood their still mildly stunned. She wasn't even sure how to write this up in her report.

Jenna McKinson

Quote from: Daniel Howell on August 02, 2017, 09:03:42 PM

Engineering

He saw Jenna and headed over. The previous mission had been an interesting one, combined with it being her first mission on the base. "Jenna, how are you this afternoon?" Just as he was waiting a reply, the Captain came over comms asking them to drop a forcefield. He tapped his combadge =/\= Aye Sir, standby. =/\= before ordering McKinson "Ensign, access the security grid and lower the force field."

[ Engineering]

"Aye Aye Chief. I suggest the laser torch for that fence,"Jenna said. This made Molly look at Jenna with a bid of a wide eye. "Woah there pyro," Molly said in reply. Jenna shook her head and she ran the procedure to lower the shields."Molly, that fence is made out of a special metal that has to be heated to a certain degree in order to be cut through. The laser torch allows for that,"Jenna said. "That and it's a badass tool." As she finished her statement the shields were lowered. She ran a procedure to make sure they couldn't be raised except by engineering. "Alright chief, let's go open that can O' prisoner for the captain," Jenna said.

While she sat there, she could feel Caleb's presence, however she easily willed him away. She heard his voice in her head say they will have to talk eventually. She silenced it once she waited for Dan's reply. She often wondered if she should see someone in medical about seeing Caleb. She then knew she might get twenty years in the padded room if she admitted to what she had seen. He really was nothing more than a nuisance and wasn't interfering with her work.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Auzual Knox

[Corridor]

Quote from: Naira on August 03, 2017, 08:41:13 PM

"Ensign, General," she tucked a stray patch of hair behind her ear. "General Yoduk, my records show that you have yet to report to sickbay for your mandatory examination. If you and your people wish to stay on the station for the time being, we are going to need to complete these exams and make sure that each and every one of your people have been properly immunized."

"General," Ch'pok momentarily dipped his head in a sign of respect for his superior. "I apologize. I tried to explain to the doctor that you were busy, but she would not listen. She can be stubborn and difficult."

"Well...," Naira spoke as she ignored the words of Ch'pok, "shall we find some place a little more private than the middle of the corridor to handle your exam or would you prefer to do it right here?"

There was something in the way that Ch'pok said stubborn and difficult that made Knox laugh. He noticed her staring at him and he rolled his eyes, looking back to the General.

Hello tall, dark and broody!

She found his uncomfortableness amusing and would have continued to stare if it were not for the General interrupting.

"Magnificent."

The General had watched Dr. Naira closely and enjoyed the way she removed the stray hair from her face. He stepped closer to and breathed in deeply. A low rumble became a fully fledged growl. Staring into her eyes, he began to remove his armor.

"Right here, so be it!"

Ch'pok cleared his throat, attempting to express how uncomfortable he felt about the situation happening before him. He could not deny that the Doctor would make a suitable mate. She was strong and stubborn. But, he was traditional. He felt that romantic gestures should be made in private, accompanied by Klingon Opera and a couple of Bat'leths.

"Ch'pok. Take my friend Knox here to.... To wherever she would like to be taken."

Ch'pok grunted.

"Now."

Ch'pok nodded. As Knox left, she gave the Doctor one of those looks, woman to woman. As Knox and Ch'pok walked away in silence, they overheard the General's courtship.

"Now, Doctor. Where were we? How about we continue this over a barrel of blood wine? I have a very good vintage in my quarters. A woman of your caliber and distinction deserves only the finest."

He stood tall, his armor half open and held out his hand to her.

"My lady."

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Leanna Mazal

[Puzzles Bar & Restaurant]

Walking out of the store room carrying the last crate of old fashioned beer, Leanna set it down on top of the counter and stretched before opening it.

"You need to be careful doing things like that in public Lea you might attract unwanted attention" quipped Seamus trying to be serious and failing.

" Yeah yeah Seamus as if you haven't tried that before, it's a good job I like you and keep you around" Leanna remarked grinning at him and always loved the friendly playful banter between her and her staff who she thought of as family.

Seamus went slightly red before grinning back then got to work putting the glasses on the counter for the free champagne whilst Maggie fed and watered the band leaving Leanna to finish emptying the crate. Once she was done she picked up the PADD and looked over the list she had made and was happy to see that everything had been ticked off. Then she spoke to her staff " Everything's ready and once we start filling up we can bring out the food then so its not going to waste " she said then thought for a moment.

" Actually since we're finished early we might as well open the doors now, if you could go do that for me Lewis and I'll go get changed " she said leaving her staff for a moment to go into her office. Closing the door behind her as Lewis opened up then quickly changed into a suitable outfit well one she always liked to wear then walked back out to greet her new customers.

http://imgur.com/a/Vla14

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Thomas Jett on August 03, 2017, 12:01:53 PM

[Promenade Section A]

The last couple of days have been hectic for Jett.  The Klingons arrival in the station had made things more complicated.  The recent influx of different species in the station has made his routine a little bit unique.  The Ferengi were easy to deal with, however, Klingons required a much stronger show of force.

Tom walked down the hallway where he noticed a small commotion with a security officer.  Sadly, the officer made the first mistake dealing with Klingons which is to show weakness.    He then noticed another security officer intervening.
He noticed that the Officer was properly trained in diplomatic protocols, however, Klingons are a little bit rougher than traditionally specifies.

Jett observed from the hallway as both officers seemed to be relatively new and low ranking.  He remembers his first assignment in Starfleet and how nervous he was.  He remembered his first shift he showed up 2 minutes late and spilled a drink on his superior officer shirt.  He smiled at the memory and remembered how much his life has changed.

The Klingon was obviously violent and challenging their authority.

Jett calmly walked behind the Klingon who was holding the phaser and noticed the rank of Cadet on the person.    As he walked behind the Klingon, Jett started preparing for a possible quick draw, he moved his long leather jacket to the side he gently placed his hand on top of his pistol.

He gently walked behind the Klingon and said "Hey Buttface!  The nice lady asked you to hand over the phaser, I think you should oblige to her request."  Jett stood behind the Klingon ready, he looked around figuring out of the Klingon was alone or had buddies that might try and jump them.

He looked at the Cadet and gave her a reassured look.  He expected the Klingon to turn violent.  He then smiled and said "If not, I swear by Kahless that I am going to make your face uglier, now that I think about it...I don't think that's possible. "  After he finished the sentence Jett started busting a big laugh hoping that the Klingons would follow suit and find the encounter funny.

Tritter sighed... Jett reared his ugly head once again. He regrets not having them thrown out of an airlock sooner. One of these days, he was going to get someone seriously hurt or killed around here. But he'd keep a careful eye on them later. Tritter than surveyed the Promenade, it seemingly started to calm down. Tritter than turned around and made his way out of the Promenade, he surveyed the area as he left, there was a buzz that made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. There was a certain... tension that may be indicative of things to come.

But he would let it go for now, as hard as that was. He was starting to wonder what exactly he was good for and he's not simply a paper pusher type. But he took a moment to refocus himself, he needed to put those feelings "away" for now. But he knew there was something he could do that was worth his time. He would make his way towards where the Refugees were being housed. He had assisted in making arrangements to house them, as he was pretty good at splitting up those who did not get along. But he knew it would be wise to make some "face time" with the Refugees. He wasn't entirely sure why, but it seemed like a good idea.

Tritter didn't get too far in until he felt a tug at the back of his pant leg. He knew what it was, it was a a child, he could tell by the strength and location of the pull. He half expected to turn around and find his daughter tugging on his pant leg. But that was not what he found, instead it was a young Klingon, young enough to be tough but not fully indoctrinated in their "ways" if you will. He estimated the child to be around four. They seemed to be... lost, and they seemed to lack on Tritter, as Tritter seemed to put off an aura that he knew his way around things.

Tritter than took a seat and allowed the young child to come up to next to him. The child didn't speak much, but Tritter could tell the child was confused. He than asked the young children, "Son, where are your parents?" The young boy looked at Tritter and than added, "They went to Sto-vo-kor" Tritter knew what that meant and that the child was on their own. He decided to pry a bit further, "Who is taking care of you?" The young boy than said, "I am taking are of myself" The boy than beemed and seemed to puff his chest out. Tritter sighed a bit, the flash backs of his youth came back... That was the life he had lived and it was not an easy one.

He than looked at the young boy and smiled slightly at him, which was more than slightly out of character for him. He took a moment before he said, "You will still need guidance young one, and I'll help you find that. Being on your own isn't all it's cracked up to be" Tritter spoke with a certain sense of experience, he had walked that path and it wasn't a fun one, but he would try to find a way to help them out. He generally detested refugees or squatters on the Station, because they were usually a source of conflict and hostility, but he had a certain soft spot for a child, even of one that reminded him of his own past. The child smiled a bit and hopped down from the mattress they were sitting on. He went to than play with some kids his own age, in some type of wrestling game.

Tritter sighed to himself, he would rise to his feet and walk away. He made his way back to his office, trying to put out the thoughts of his past and of a life that he basically spent raising his younger siblings, after having ran away from his parents house with them. He was laser focused and gave off an aura of "Leave me alone" as he weaved his way through the halls.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on August 03, 2017, 10:16:50 PM

[ Engineering]

"Aye Aye Chief. I suggest the laser torch for that fence,"Jenna said. This made Molly look at Jenna with a bid of a wide eye. "Woah there pyro," Molly said in reply. Jenna shook her head and she ran the procedure to lower the shields."Molly, that fence is made out of a special metal that has to be heated to a certain degree in order to be cut through. The laser torch allows for that,"Jenna said. "That and it's a badass tool." As she finished her statement the shields were lowered. She ran a procedure to make sure they couldn't be raised except by engineering. "Alright chief, let's go open that can O' prisoner for the captain," Jenna said.

While she sat there, she could feel Caleb's presence, however she easily willed him away. She heard his voice in her head say they will have to talk eventually. She silenced it once she waited for Dan's reply. She often wondered if she should see someone in medical about seeing Caleb. She then knew she might get twenty years in the padded room if she admitted to what she had seen. He really was nothing more than a nuisance and wasn't interfering with her work.

Engineering
"We'll move on to the laser in a minute, shut it off." Dan replied. He liked the ahead thinking though. As Ensign McKinson went to shut down the force field, an alarm went off warning of an overload on the forcefields and then the power couplings on the promenade. "What the hell?..." Dan spoke out in general before replying back to the Captain. His tone was calm, hinted with that of confusion and bewilderment. =/\= Captain, the force field is down, but we didn't do it and there is a power overload near you location. =/\= His attention turned back to Jenna saying "Jenna, talk to me, what the hell just happened?"

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Auzual Knox

[Many many corridors around the Station]

Ch'pok seemed very displeased and barely made eye contact with Knox as they walked along side each other. But considering the General had instructed him to take Knox wherever she wanted to go and he had not even asked her, they just continued to walk. It was very amusing to her and it infuriated him.

Let's see who makes eye contact or breaks the silence first, shall we? My word he has an attractive scowl... What is it about this Klingon?

1 hour later

Knox happily walked along the many corridors of the Station in silence with Ch'pok. She held her hands behind her back and smiled to herself as she realized how much it had infuriated him to be walking with her.

What was the General thinking? Take this Trill wherever she wants to be taken. I am a Klingon Warrior, not a tour guide!

2 hours later

Oh my, he is good. He is very good....

Who is this woman? She is more stubborn than I!

Ch'pok actually began to enjoy the silence, and reluctantly to admit, the company also. He found the woman beside him intriguing. Despite every attempt to not think of her or her smile. It displeased him greatly for he knew that he was somehow the source of her amusement. However, there was something about her. It had been a long time since Ch'pok had spent more than 5 minutes with a woman who smiled. Lately, a depression had spread through the Empire due to the Breen.

3 hours later

Oddly, walking in silence side by side, some kind of chemistry was building between Ch'pok and Knox. She continued to smile to herself and he continued to scowl. But, they were both enjoying whatever it was they were doing with each other.

4 hours later

Ok, I have literally no idea where we are now. I think we passed that bulkhead at least ten times.

Knox had no idea how or why but Ch'pok began to smile to himself. She had noticed with her peripheral vision as there was no way she was going to make eye contact or speak first!

This woman is so difficult and enraging!

Nearly 5 hours later

Knox heard some kind of electrical noise coming from a bulkhead just ahead of them. A buzzing. She was about to report it to Engineering, but she realized she did not know which Deck they were on.

Suddenly a power discharge came from the buzzing bulkhead. Ch'pok grabbed Knox to pull her out of the way. They fell to the floor, hard. Ch'pok had attempted to protect her and grunted as she fell on top of him. Their eyes met. Then, the lights went out.

7.5 hours later

Knox was laying on Ch'pok, stroking his chest. She just wanted one more moment, but began to notice pain disseminating from the various fractures and contusions on her body and debated if she had a broken clavicle.

"Perhaps we should go to Sickbay? Can we find our way in the dark?"

Knox could not help it, she just began to laugh.

Ch'pok sighed, heavily and rolled his eyes.

"You are a very intriguing woman, Katharoz. But, I believe we are both in need of medical attention and that is hardly a laughing matter."

"You spoke first."

Ch'pok roared with laugher.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Jenna McKinson

Quote from: Daniel Howell on August 05, 2017, 06:16:40 PM

Engineering
"We'll move on to the laser in a minute, shut it off." Dan replied. He liked the ahead thinking though. As Ensign McKinson went to shut down the force field, an alarm went off warning of an overload on the forcefields and then the power couplings on the promenade. "What the hell?..." Dan spoke out in general before replying back to the Captain. His tone was calm, hinted with that of confusion and bewilderment. =/\= Captain, the force field is down, but we didn't do it and there is a power overload near you location. =/\= His attention turned back to Jenna saying "Jenna, talk to me, what the hell just happened?"

[ Engineering ]

"Chief it looks like we are losing power. How the hell does that even happen? You'd think an overload wouldn't drain power like that," Jenna began to explain as she was feverishly programming at the terminal she was on. "Looks like something is up with the power couplings up on the promenade. I am going to reconfigure the power couplings to divert energy from nonessential systems. Something is draining the power faster that it can be restored. It's a bandaid for now, but I don't know if you'd like to physically investigate while I run this diagnostic."

Before Molly or Jenna had a moment to react, both their terminals overloaded. With the resulting explosion, both were sent flying backwards. Jenna, having a better grip in that moment of her surroundings, twisted her body as she moved. The resulting impact was still painful, but not as dangerous as it could have been. Jenna groaned at the immediate post impact pain. The deafining ringing in her ears was just as disorienting as the haze she had around her vision. She began to try to do a self check on herself, but the resulting adrenaline made her ignore the fact that  she shouldn't move as it could cause further damage.

She began to try and get up to check on Molly. She fell for a second, but then was able to get up and move on her own power. Sure she needed to hold onto the railing near her to stay stable, but she wanted to be sure her new friend, room mate, and coworker was fine.  The two bonded rather quickly despite the short amount of time knowing one another. Jenna's heart sank when she began to assess the damage caused by Molly being thrown backward.

Molly had the misfortune of being flipped and her shoulder being hit on the barrier that Jenna held onto before she landed on the landing above the barrier. Jenna swore under her breath when she saw Molly was out cold. She began to check vital sings. As she did, Caleb's voice in her head guided her. She breathed a sigh of relief when she checked the pulse and Molly was alive. The woman's breathing was a bit shallow, but Jenna knew at least for then, that Molly was ok. It was then she lost her balance and fell again. This caused her to laugh a bit because the pain finally began to set in.

Leanna Mazal

Leanna surveyed the bar like a lion observing its prey from her usual spot with one arm leaning comfortably against the edge of the main counter. The music and atmosphere almost like electric charging the air as the first few customers arrived and her staff got to work serving drinks and snacks leaving the attractive owner feeling happier for the first time since leaving her ex.

However that happiness was almost short lived when all of a sudden the place started to shake before the power went out cursing whoever was responsible but instead of getting mad about it as it wasn't her way unless you had really ticked her off took charge as the feelings of terror and fear threatened to consume her.

" Everyone stay calm and seated " she called out " The back up generator should be kicking in about... there was no need for the rest of her sentence as the power came back on as the last thing she wanted was for the drinks and food to spoil. Having a back up was something she always had installed in each of her establishments especially when dealing with the gangs who used to frequent the last planet she'd been on.

Now that calm had been restored she signalled the band to carry on and for her staff to continue as nothing was going to ruin her big day.

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on August 05, 2017, 08:19:30 PM

[ Engineering ]

"Chief it looks like we are losing power. How the hell does that even happen? You'd think an overload wouldn't drain power like that," Jenna began to explain as she was feverishly programming at the terminal she was on. "Looks like something is up with the power couplings up on the promenade. I am going to reconfigure the power couplings to divert energy from nonessential systems. Something is draining the power faster that it can be restored. It's a bandaid for now, but I don't know if you'd like to physically investigate while I run this diagnostic."

Before Molly or Jenna had a moment to react, both their terminals overloaded. With the resulting explosion, both were sent flying backwards. Jenna, having a better grip in that moment of her surroundings, twisted her body as she moved. The resulting impact was still painful, but not as dangerous as it could have been. Jenna groaned at the immediate post impact pain. The deafining ringing in her ears was just as disorienting as the haze she had around her vision. She began to try to do a self check on herself, but the resulting adrenaline made her ignore the fact that  she shouldn't move as it could cause further damage.

She began to try and get up to check on Molly. She fell for a second, but then was able to get up and move on her own power. Sure she needed to hold onto the railing near her to stay stable, but she wanted to be sure her new friend, room mate, and coworker was fine.  The two bonded rather quickly despite the short amount of time knowing one another. Jenna's heart sank when she began to assess the damage caused by Molly being thrown backward.

Molly had the misfortune of being flipped and her shoulder being hit on the barrier that Jenna held onto before she landed on the landing above the barrier. Jenna swore under her breath when she saw Molly was out cold. She began to check vital sings. As she did, Caleb's voice in her head guided her. She breathed a sigh of relief when she checked the pulse and Molly was alive. The woman's breathing was a bit shallow, but Jenna knew at least for then, that Molly was ok. It was then she lost her balance and fell again. This caused her to laugh a bit because the pain finally began to set in.

Engineering
Dan stared at the terminal monitors out of confusion. He hadn't ever seen something like this. "I can't explain this one either I have to say." He was aware of the bar's grand opening on the promenade and he really didn't want to be held responsible for screwing that up. Jenna's idea was quite a good one and so he replied to her "Good plan, re-configure and then mon...."

He stopped mid-sentence. He heard what he thought was an overload in progress but before he had chance to comment or react there was a bright white flash which could only be described as the same brightness of an anti-matter explosion and an almighty bang like a ship colliding with something. He was thrown backwards and onto the floor, partly out of shock and partly from the shock wave of the explosion. Engineering filled with smoke and the fire detection alarm sounded, triggering the fire suppression systems, filling engineering with yet more haze and smoke.

A few seconds passed as Dan picked himself up, straightening his uniform. His ears were ringing from the sound of the explosion, his uniform was charred and there was black down his face, his hair a mess and sticking up. The force of the blast had winded him and so he was breathing quite fast. He had trouble moving his left wrist and he was pretty sure it was either sprained or had a damaged bone of some description as he could move it but not very well.

Once he'd got his bearings his next priority was to check that Molly and Jenna were ok. He tapped his combadge saying =/\= Engineering to sickbay, medical emergency. Urgent attention required.=/\=

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Thomas Jett

[Section A Promenade]

Jett continued laughing with the Klingon.  It was a loud boisterous laugh, the Klingon diplomacy entailed violence, threats, and drinks.   Tom was pretty good at all three, in fact, he is probably the Station's leading expert in terms of drinking.

After he tossed the weapon to a security officer the Klingon walked next to Jett and whispered into his ear "You better thank god, that I'm in a good mood, if not I would kill you where you stand"

Jett smiled and continued laughing "Thank God, there is some bloodwine in that new tavern or I would have to kill you where you stand, too...the first round is on me"  Jett continued laughing as he did a friendly tap on the shoulder of the Klingon.

As the Klingon walked away he noticed that he was going to the nearby bar.  Jett made a mental note as he figured he needed to join him and keep him drunk.

He walked towards the security Cadet and stood there for a second.  Jett observed as security was handling the officer and sending him to sickbay.  He was glad that for once he was not responsible for sending people

He walked to the cadet to make how she was doing.  "Are you ok, Cadet?"  Jett asked

A second later he introduced himself "I'm Thomas Jett, pleasure meeting you...stay safe...word of advice Klingons respect strength, if they detect weakness it encourages them to fight"

Jenna McKinson

Quote from: Daniel Howell on August 06, 2017, 03:16:25 PM

Engineering
A few seconds passed as Dan picked himself up, straightening his uniform. His ears were ringing from the sound of the explosion, his uniform was charred and there was black down his face, his hair a mess and sticking up. The force of the blast had winded him and so he was breathing quite fast. He had trouble moving his left wrist and he was pretty sure it was either sprained or had a damaged bone of some description as he could move it but not very well.

Once he'd got his bearings his next priority was to check that Molly and Jenna were ok. He tapped his combadge saying =/\= Engineering to sickbay, medical emergency. Urgent attention required.=/\=

[ Unknown ]

Jenna jolted quickly to try and get her bearings. There was nothing, but a white expanse. The haziness in her vision was gone and so was the ringing. She was in no pain and at peace. Caleb reached out a hand to try and help her up. Jenna shook her head and looked away. Caleb then moved to where she could see and crouched down. "Jenna you can't ignore me anymore. You know you heard me guiding you to help Molly. Please talk to me,Caleb said. He appeared ethereal before Jenna. Jenna took a moment to assess things. "Am I dead?" She asked breaking the silence finally. "Of course not! You are just out because of your mild concussion. Plus this is the only way I can get through to your stubborn ass," Caleb said reaching out a hand.

Jenna took his hand so she could stand. "So I guess you're not going away eh?"Jenna asked. Caleb chuckled for a moment shaking his head. "You are stuck with me. Come on now. You can't tell me you don't remember the help you gave me with the replicant,"Caleb said. When he said this, Jenna's eyes went wide. So that daydream about being with Cal and the the staff administering some sort of drug was true. She faintly remembered that she told Caleb about a stimulant she helped him develop. Despite them not talking after a while, they did enjoy some time together before he came back to StarFleet. It was by her influence, yet again, for him to return.

"Cal I'm sorry I just wanted a clean slate. I made a new friend, but I don't want to come off as crazy... I know your lovely new lass understands, but I think no one else might,"Jenna said. Caleb then placed a hand on her shoulder. Whenever either of them was feeling off, they would do that for one another. "You know you can control when I come. At the same time you need to let me come. You can't keep holding me off.  While you are meeting new people and establishing things, I will hang back. They will understand in time trust me. Plus you kinda owe an apology to Catnip,"Caleb said.

Jenna sighed as the apology would have to come later. While there was a weight off her shoulders for the moment, reality was sinking in. "[color]Oh my god! Molly! I need to get her to safety. I can't though. You know as well as I that moving her may result in more injuries. I am concussed as well so I doubt I can move much,[/color]"Jenna said. "Oh you are lucky to be alive there Sharkbait," Caleb began. "However, this thing we have allows a certain bit of control. I will help you carry her correctly. You need to get up and help her. She's going to be ok, but the quicker we can get her help will be better. Just get her to safety and yourself checked out. Doctor's orders,"

"This doesn't get you off the hook mister. We need to talk about a few things ok?"Jenna said. "Of course, but all in good time. Now your boss, friend, and station needs you,"Caleb said. Jenna nodded and closed her eyes. As she did, the white expanse began to melt away. The peace soon became pain and the pain of the impact set in. The ringing in her ears returned and her vision was hazy. She coughed at the smoke that then filled the room.

[ Engineering ]

Jenna, with the ringing still in her ears, got a grasp on her surroundings.  She ignored the blurred vision and the ringing in her ears. She got up, feeling the pain in her side from the impact. She took a moment to try and stand again. She was glad to have Caleb helping her some as she moved to get up on the landing where Molly was. She felt a bit more strength as she picked Molly up in her arms. She began to move through the smoke filled room. She was thankful that Dan came into view. "Chief. Molly is not so good right now. Nor am I, but I am used to explosions in the face. Please tell me we didn't loose power,Jenna said a bit louder than she normally would. She hoped the hearing loss would only be temporary.     

Auzual Knox

[Puzzles]

Ch'pok had his arm around Knox, helping her to remain standing as they walked into Puzzles, as it was the only place illuminated on the Station. It was busy and happy, no one seemed to mind that the Station was in darkness. It also looked as beautiful as its owner. Knox was planning to visit. She was especially glad to see the application of woman-owned establishment on the Promenade.

Ok then, this does not look odd in the slightest. Just put my hair, ok, try to put my hair back into my clasp. Ouch. Ok, I cannot raise my left arm. Right. Next, just press down and close the buttons of my uniform. Yes, that works, well sort of. Ok, right, this really does not look bad at all. Oh no! When did I bite his face?

Knox looked at Ch'pok. Fortunately, he had gone back to scowling. Unfortunately he was not attempting to fix his disheveled armor or pull back his long hair or wipe the traces of blood from his cheek.

The Klingons in Puzzles immediately fell silent and stood when they saw Ch'pok. He waved some kind of gesture that seemed to make them go back to their blood wine, though quietly.

Ok, so much for a discrete entrance...

Whilst limping to the bar an officer asked Knox if the lights being out on the Station was a Ferengi plot. Another officer asked if Knox had been caught by a terminal power serge. She semi-nodded in response and made her way, as quickly as she could limp, to the bar.

"Hello, Ms. Mazal. Congratulations on your grand opening! Puzzles looks amazing. By any chance do you happen to have any medical supplies and a tricorder?"

"And two glasses of grape juice."

Knox was not sure what received the strangest looks. Them limping into Puzzles or Ch'pok asking for grape juice.

Naira

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on August 04, 2017, 10:21:43 AM

[Corridor]

There was something in the way that Ch'pok said stubborn and difficult that made Knox laugh. He noticed her staring at him and he rolled his eyes, looking back to the General.

Hello tall, dark and broody!

She found his uncomfortableness amusing and would have continued to stare if it were not for the General interrupting.

"Magnificent."

The General had watched Dr. Naira closely and enjoyed the way she removed the stray hair from her face. He stepped closer to and breathed in deeply. A low rumble became a fully fledged growl. Staring into her eyes, he began to remove his armor.

"Right here, so be it!"

Ch'pok cleared his throat, attempting to express how uncomfortable he felt about the situation happening before him. He could not deny that the Doctor would make a suitable mate. She was strong and stubborn. But, he was traditional. He felt that romantic gestures should be made in private, accompanied by Klingon Opera and a couple of Bat'leths.

"Ch'pok. Take my friend Knox here to.... To wherever she would like to be taken."

Ch'pok grunted.

"Now."

Ch'pok nodded. As Knox left, she gave the Doctor one of those looks, woman to woman. As Knox and Ch'pok walked away in silence, they overheard the General's courtship.

"Now, Doctor. Where were we? How about we continue this over a barrel of blood wine? I have a very good vintage in my quarters. A woman of your caliber and distinction deserves only the finest."

He stood tall, his armor half open and held out his hand to her.

"My lady."

[Corridor]

Did he just growl at me?

Shocked was not the proper word, nor embarrassed or uncomfortable, but Naira was not expecting the general to begin removing his clothing in the middle of a highly trafficked corridor just outside the Ops Center. She did not blush nor bat an eye as his reaction, but she did stare in wide-eyed mild disbelief.

She had been expecting him to argue or attempt to put up some kind of fight rather than being... that eager.

She found it rather amusing, though she wouldn't openly admit it. It took a great deal of restraint to bite down on her lower lip, suppressing the urge to laugh and instead only letting a smile escape. She was a senior officer. She had to hold herself to a higher standard. She had to set a good example for lower ranking officers.

But...

She couldn't deny that of anyone she could be staring at right then, he had rather nice figure. He was tall, had broad shoulders and the upper-body muscle tone that spoke to decades of strenuous physical activity, yet he looked to be developing  somewhat of a gut from what was surely an overindulgence of Klingon food and bloodwine. His salt and pepper hair nicely framed his square-jawed face and hung down just past his shoulders. He had deep, dark eyes and prominent laugh lines marked his face.

"I ummm..."

She saw the look Knox gave her as she left with Ch'pok. It was one she knew all too well, but didn't frequently employ.

This wasn't like her at all. Normally she was more restrained than this. However, she found herself caught up in the moment by accepting his outreached hand and letting him lead her towards his quarters.

[General Yoduk's Quarters, visiting dignitary suite]

The general could barely keep his hands to himself during the short turbolift ride; upon getting to the suite, Naira sat down on the couch and opened the medkit. She pulled out the the tricorder and checked the hypospray. She had a job to do and had every intention of seeing it done.

It is hot in here as well.

She found herself wiping sweat from her brow once more as a sudden sense of clarity washed over her. She had been uncomfortably hot all day. The last few nights she had tossed and turned, unable to get comfortable or a restful sleep. Her appetite had weaned and yet she felt as if she had excess energy to burn. It had been so long since she had last allowed herself to feel the effects of the heat. Her suppressants had always kept it a bay, but with her supply being stolen she had had to make a new batch which had taken time and she had given the first few doses to her daughter, leaving herself to go too long between doses. Her natural cycle must have reset itself in the meantime.

She felt foolish not recognizing the symptoms sooner.

And here she was, sitting in the general's room as he brought forth two large glasses of bloodwine.

"I can't." She told herself that if she wanted to she could fight what she was feeling. She could complete her examination in a professional manner and go on with her day. She could wait until she was more level-headed to reassess the situation.

"Can't or won't?" He had a wickedly toothy grin.

In the battle of willpower, the general won out in the end.

Some time and several pieces of broken furniture later.

Naira was attempting to take a sonic shower before heading back to work. All of a sudden, the shower stopped working. The lights went out. Then, she heard her comm badge begin to chirp from somewhere in the next room. Naira found herself attempting to move around in the dark when she tripped over something hard and fell forward, slicing her hand open in the process. She cried out in pain and in doing so, woke Yoduk, who had been up until that point snoring loudly while sprawled out across the bed.

"How late is it? I did not think I had slept that long." He grunted as he too stumbled over overturned furniture in an attempt to find her. "Are you injured?"

"I'll be fine, I just need to find..." She felt around in the dark and found her torn, discarded uniform and attempted to slip it on. "The lights have gone out and the shower isn't working. I'm sure Engineering is already working on it, but I need to head back to Sickbay.

=/\=I'm on my way=/\=

[Sickbay]

Naira and General Yoduk made their way to sickbay just as the first wave of emergency calls were coming in. With the lights going out on several decks and various devices not working, people were tripping over their own feet and hurting themselves at record numbers. Luckily, Sickbay was installed with an emergency backup system that meant that even if the whole deck lost power, they would still have adequate light to perform their delicate work.

"Ma'am," a young nurse called out to her, "Our replicator has stopped working and we're been unable to reach Engineering to get someone to fix it."

She nodded in acknowledgement, took a deep breath and addressed the room. "Listen here everyone. We don't know yet how much of the station is currently affected by this blackout, but we need to prepare for the worse. Plan on pulling an all-nighter. And yes, you'll be doing so without your coffee while the replicator is down. People are out there stubbing their toes, walking into bulkheads and tripping over counsels. We can expect to see an influx of patients, but seeing as how we are currently relying on emergency stock, I don't want to see you handing out painkillers for scrapped knees and if I catch any of you self-administering a stimulant, you will be written up."

=/\=Naira to Nurse Leesill, it's going to be a long night, can you stop by my quarters and bring my daughters and a change of clothing for me to Sickbay?=/\=

Naira invited the general into her office and closed the door behind them. She settled into her chair and pulled out a  dermal regenerator to heal the cut to her hand. Yoduk sat on the opposite side of the desk watching her in silence.

"Would you like me to get your back next?" She asked him.

A smile turned into a chuckle as he declined her offer. "No, I want to keep that. It will make for a good story."

"Well what about..."

"That one, I will let you fix!"

"You should close the blinds then."

Quote from: Daniel Howell on August 06, 2017, 03:16:25 PM

=/\= Engineering to sickbay, medical emergency. Urgent attention required.=/\=

[Sickbay]

Dr. Lunn was a bit surprised, but relieved to hear a call come in from Engineering. At least some of the messages are coming through, he thought.

=/\=Dr. Lunn to Engineering, it's good to hear from you. We're going to try to establish a transporter lock on your injured, but we are having some technical issues up here so I'll also send a team to your location just in case.=/\=

Two medical officers ran out the door with a medkit under their arm.

He just hoped that the turbolifts were still operational.

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on August 06, 2017, 08:51:57 PM

[Puzzles]

Ch'pok had his arm around Knox, helping her to remain standing as they walked into Puzzles, as it was the only place illuminated on the Station. It was busy and happy, no one seemed to mind that the Station was in darkness. It also looked as beautiful as its owner. Knox was planning to visit. She was especially glad to see the application of woman-owned establishment on the Promenade.

Ok then, this does not look odd in the slightest. Just put my hair, ok, try to put my hair back into my clasp. Ouch. Ok, I cannot raise my left arm. Right. Next, just press down and close the buttons of my uniform. Yes, that works, well sort of. Ok, right, this really does not look bad at all. Oh no! When did I bite his face?

Knox looked at Ch'pok. Fortunately, he had gone back to scowling. Unfortunately he was not attempting to fix his disheveled armor or pull back his long hair or wipe the traces of blood from his cheek.

The Klingons in Puzzles immediately fell silent and stood when they saw Ch'pok. He waved some kind of gesture that seemed to make them go back to their blood wine, though quietly.

Ok, so much for a discrete entrance...

Whilst limping to the bar an officer asked Knox if the lights being out on the Station was a Ferengi plot. Another officer asked if Knox had been caught by a terminal power serge. She semi-nodded in response and made her way, as quickly as she could limp, to the bar.

"Hello, Ms. Mazal. Congratulations on your grand opening! Puzzles looks amazing. By any chance do you happen to have any medical supplies and a tricorder?"

"And two glasses of grape juice."

Knox was not sure what received the strangest looks. Them limping into Puzzles or Ch'pok asking for grape juice.

Word had finally filtered through to Leanna about the power being out in the rest of the Station as more and more people came in and found solace and refuge amongst those who were already inside. She was genuinely concerned about those who both lived and worked here and never imagined that the grand opening would of happened in such circumstances but at the same time was glad that she had opened early and would remain so until the crisis was resolved as she wasn't about to turn anyone away.

With the place being so busy Leanna had decided to raise her mental barriers in order to focus properly as she dealt with an unruly Bolian, noticed an injured Starfleet Officer arrive in the bar accompanied by a Klingon and recognised her as one of the Ops officers who she had spoken to when she first arrived. In her short time owning various establishments Leanna knew how to be discreet when it came to her customers and also wasn't one to comment or gossip about what they may or may not of gotten up too and besides the Klingon she was with reminded her of the incredible and feisty six months she had spent with Yaron back on Argollian Nine.

As they approached the main counter she waved off Seamus and decided to serve them herself, smiling in her usual friendly way as the Ops officer greeted her and asked about a tricorder and medical supplies before the order of grape juice was made.

" Thank you Knox and welcome to Puzzles " she replied remembering her name as she always did with everyone. " There's a first aid area next to my office that you can use or I can have one of my staff bring over the medkit and certainly two glasses of grape juice coming right up" she said politely    before reaching down under the counter for the glasses then collected a pitcher from the refrigeration unit behind her and poured the drinks.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.