Tanner Lachlyn - Reporting for duty (July 27, 2017)

Started by Tanner Lachlyn, July 27, 2017, 12:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanner Lachlyn

Character Details

Character Name: Tanner Lachlyn
Character Age: 26
Character DOB: Apr 8th 2375
Character Image:
Character Species: Human
Character Family: Tanner's parents, Heather and Jarrod, are both deceased.
Character Bio:

Tanner was raised in the apartment above her parent's repair shop on Earth. Her father, Jarrod, could fix anything from engines to replicators. Her mother, a professor at a local elementary school, was a keen baker and known for her gentle tone. Aside from the basic relational family drama that came with living in a small space,  they enjoyed a simple family dynamic.

Although her parents chose to reside on Earth in their own professions, most of Tanner's extended family were involved in StarFleet. They visited often, especially her Uncle, and she enjoyed hearing their stories. There were times when others questioned her parent's choices but her father was adamant they had no regrets. Some chose to take to the stars, others kept the fire burning at home.

Despite the commitments of work, her family always found time to travel. Her mother loved new foods and would drag Tanner to as many local events as she could. Each visit meant that she'd come home with a new item to place on her ever-increasingly crowded shelves. Tanner watched her parents argue over their shrinking space, but she enjoyed the cultural festivals and would remind them of their importance.

When Tanner was sixteen her parents left to take a vacation for their anniversary. They never returned.

Tanner was sent to live with her Aunt Stacy, who was the complete opposite of her mother. Cold and strict; Tanner found it difficult to adjust to the new rules and boundaries her Aunt insisted upon. Her younger cousins (there were three) were a little kinder and made the best of the years she was here until Tanner headed off to college.

About Tanner: She has a dominant personality with a quirky and dark sense of humour. She isn't easy to offend but can sometimes cause it without meaning to. She thrives in social situations with those she is close with however encounters with new groups can be awkward and difficult to navigate.

Tanner is loyal when she feels respected and, thanks to her parent's teachings, is meticulous in her work ethic.  Tanner went through two years of general college before enrolling in Star Fleet.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: Eons. Literally eons.
Department Preference: Security
Secondary Department Preference: Medical
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned

Sample post:

It had been a rough night. Really rough. Tanner's right hand stung from the impact with the Ensign's jawbone. Absentmindedly she rubbed the knuckles with her left hand. Why. Why did I do that? The event kept replaying like a bad movie. Silly girl.

The field crackled, a reminder she couldn't leave. Not that she wanted to. It was nice here on the floor, tucked away in the corner.Her head jerked to the side as she heard the sound of footsteps. He's here.

"Well," A voice said as it keyed in the code to her cell, "You made an impression tonight." The field faded and her Uncle came into view, "Did you really have to punch him?"

Tanner looked up at him,eyes glistening with tears, "I..." She lowered her head, "No."

"Knock off the tears. I know you loved it. Now the question is, can you admit that you did." He walked into the room and looked down at her, "Hmmm?"

"Am I talking to my Admiral or my uncle?" Tanner asked, a glimmer of humor in her voice, "Because you know my answer depends entirely on yours."

He extended his hand with a wry grin growing on his face,  "I'm both, and it puts me in a difficult place as I'm torn between giving you a high five while wanting to boot your ass for that stunt." He grinned, "Now get up, you've got paperwork to fill in."

Additional information:

How did you find Shadow Fleet? Google!

Kirok

Tanner,

A pretty good application.

Did you have a face pic to go along with your application?

I found mine on STAvatars.com

Please post one so that we can use it for an ID card.

Sincerely,

Kirok

PS - The Colombus needs a Sec/Tac person.  We can put you there if you like.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Tanner Lachlyn

Hi!

Yep! I have a face and someone made a pretty ID card with it!

Thank you for the compliment on my application. Made me smile really big.

Kirok

Quote from: Tanner Lachlyn on July 28, 2017, 09:09:20 PM

Hi!

Yep! I have a face and someone made a pretty ID card with it!

Thank you for the compliment on my application. Made me smile really big.

Perfect.

Have fun on the Colombus!

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.