Author Topic: Minisode 2: Columbus Stories: Missing Treasures  (Read 22649 times)

Offline Jenna McKinson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Minisode 2: Columbus Stories: Missing Treasures
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2017, 03:46:26 pm »
Holosuite 2
"The maintenance will be completed shortly." Dan replied. "I have no doubt it is some kind of that, thought I would just ask around though, was worth a shot." Dan replied with a small friendly smile on his face - trying not to let on to the fact he was phishing for information.

Just then he noticed the other Bajorn whisper into the others ear. There was a sudden change of attitude and at that moment, he had no doubt they had the missing locket. After a few sentences were fired at him, he knew he was trading on thin ice. He knew he had to get his reply right. "I can assure you I was by no means implying that you or your friend stole the locket, I was just shipping around for any information. I have asked several people already." He really had to hold it back when the Bajoran used her uncle, inventor of floating mattresses as some form of comeback.

Tilting his head up but not turning around he asked in an elevated voice "Ensign McKinson, is the work complete so these good people can enjoy their vacation?"

[ Holosuite 2 ]

"Actually yes," Jenna said. She wanted to sound professional and not let it be known she was in distress. "The suite appears to be functioning within normal parameters. I think we should test it aga..." As Jenna was finishing her statement, Lissy and Sorcha only heard that it was functioning and went in. When Jenna knew the two were out of earshot, she said "I hear the holosuite glitches can cause temporary hair loss and disfigurement, but in you cases it'd be an improvement." Jenna did not care that she sounded unprofessional. That bitch stole her locket.

Jenna let some time pass before she sighed. "Sorry Chief... Also while I was working on the suite panel I noticed that my walkman, knife, and earbuds are gone. I had them when we left Engineering I had them. When we were on the way here, I had my hand on my walkman. I know it was on me. This is all too fishy. My locket was lost the same way.

Jenna knew she had to keep it together. Part of her was already scared coming back and now this happened. She knew it wasn't the fault of the base nor the fleet. She needed to clear her head, but she also needed her things back.She had hoped to not make Daniel too angry with her comments, but she didn't really care.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Offline Non-Playing Character 2

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2017, 08:19:14 pm »
[Promenade - Finders Keepers]

Business had been brisk since the haughty Bajoran girls left. Word of mouth quickly got around the Starbase it seemed. With the added crowds due to the festival, the latinum had been steadily clinking, music to Cage's lobes. With security sniffing around, however, the profit was starting to be outweighed by the risk. The Ferengi got the door locked and shuttered, not a moment too soon. An angry crowd had started to gather, and shout for security.

An angry Bolian pounded on the door. "Open up you slimy thief! Thrissa told me she saw my wife's missing Tholian silk scarf in there! That was an anniversary present!" The man's shouts had emboldened others, making demands for their own lost items. Cage was hopping around like the toad he resembled, hastily stuffing merchandise into travel bins. The scarf in question poked out like a flag and waved in the breeze as he rushed to the door.

"Shop's closed now!" He shouted through the locked door. "Bring your wife around tomorrow. Maybe we'll have something she likes." He rushed back behind the counter, and pulled out a strange looking remote device. He adjusted the settings, and with a small delay, all the merchandise bins were transported. That was the true genius of this enterprise, at any given moment, he could up and move shop, avoiding pesky security guards. The items were transported across the base, to his small secured quarters in the Ferengi sector of the base. The device was really a marvel, all it took were a few borrowed parts from the holosuites and he could tap into their power source at any time. Cage figured it didn't nearly take as much energy as the hoo-mans had devoted to their entertainment, and the bit he drained in his tap would go unnoticed. The toady thief snuck out the back, and headed to a maintenance lift, straight to the Ferengi sector. The former site of Finders Keepers stood vacant and barren, yet below a toppled shelf remained a small overlooked data padd.

[Holosuites]

The sudden drain on the power supply, strained by overuse as it was, sent a hiccup echoing through the programs. In one suite a powerful bear flickered out to be replaced by a carrot chomping cartoon rabbit. In another, mustaches appeared on every holographic character. One program changed entirely, from a relaxing spa getaway to a park of ferocious rampaging dinosaurs. Shouts and screams echoed from the outraged and frightened participants.

Offline T'Prina

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • CHIEF SCIENCE VULCAN
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2017, 09:11:20 pm »

[Turbolift]

T'Prina was the first to look away, the extended eye contact felt far too intimate. A blush stained her high cheekbones with a greenish tint. She didn't understand the nervous, fluttery feeling he gave her, it was illogical. And she would tell him just how illogical she found him.

"Vulcan logic is simple to understand. It is cold facts and figures. It is you I do not understand, Thomas Jett. You inadvertently arranged a Ferengi marriage for us, and now you are regretful and apologetic." The flustered Vulcan stared down at the floor as if she were trying to memorize the pattern before she continued. "One moment you are reckless, behaving with little regard for your own life and wellbeing. Yet other times you appear to be clearly possessed of an intelligent, clever mind. You are selfless, with your kindness to others." She stopped remembering the photo he kept. "And foolishly sentimental. I do not know what to make of you." An errant strand of hair fell into her eyes as she was looking down, and she tucked it behind her ear again, yet kept a finger curled in it.

"I would be entirely within my rights to find you completely irritating. And yet, for some mystery I have yet to solve, I do not. That is something else that defies my comprehension. I am not familiar with receiving kind words and gestures." T'Prina then looked up at him, catching his eye. A small, almost smile was on her lips. The Betazoid had said not to be afraid of emotions, maybe she was in some way. Being afraid was even less acceptable, and she would meet this challenge.

"Perhaps this is just my awkward way of coming to terms with what I do not yet understand. As confounding as you are, I find you to be an agreeable companion and time spent with you is not, unpleasant." She lightly patted his shoulder, she felt some small sort of physical contact was something humans enjoyed. It was unfamiliar territory, and she didn't know what was considered proper. For all the time she had lived on Earth, some interactions outside of a science lab or classroom were still new.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:14:12 pm by T'Prina »

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2017, 08:18:45 am »

[Holosuites]

The sudden drain on the power supply, strained by overuse as it was, sent a hiccup echoing through the programs. In one suite a powerful bear flickered out to be replaced by a carrot chomping cartoon rabbit. In another, mustaches appeared on every holographic character. One program changed entirely, from a relaxing spa getaway to a park of ferocious rampaging dinosaurs. Shouts and screams echoed from the outraged and frightened participants.

[Holosuite]

The captain felt the weight across his back fluctuate: one moment it was there and the next it wasn't. The sky seemed to shiver and shake and go all to ashes. Adeyemi frowned.

Tritter remained focused on the bear and making sure it didn't come any closer. He was as confident as one could be when going toe to toe with an animal like that. He could hear what the Captain was doing and he didn't need a verbal que as to what they were doing. Tritter watched the bear's demeanor closely, they were posturing and trying to scare him. He wasn't going to back down, but he was going to make sure that they got out of there alive. He than heard the Captain speak, he than replied with "Let's move" in a calm but quiet tone. He would wait for the Captain to move, he would than walk backwards away from the bear. He did this on purpose so he could make sure the bear would not try to harm them, he expected it would eventually slink away as such would be typical of animals like the bear.

[Holosuite]

As the powerful bear was held off, Adeyemi let fall the deer carcass around his shoulders. It didn't hit the ground, merely disappeared as if he had ordered the holodeck to erase it.

When the bear turned into a cartoon rabbit, the captain blinked and picked up his rifle, half uncertainly, and half alarmed. He didn't truly intend to blow a cartoon hole in a holodeck character, but this was unsettling.

"This isn't part of my program," He felt the need to let Tritter know, who undoubtedly already realized that.

[Promenade]

=/\= Knox to Captain. Apologies for the intrusion, Sir, but you should be made aware of the current situation. Internal sensors have been compromised. An item of mine has been stolen directly from my quarters. From what I have been told by a very reliable source, this is not the only incident. It is currently happening elsewhere on the Station. =/\=

[Holosuite]

Adeyemi tapped his commbadge, realized he wasn't wearing it, and reluctantly said, "Computer, end program."

The cartoon rabbit, the woods all was whisked away. He was left with the rifle and too many questions about what was transpiring on his Station.

"=/\=Captain to Knox, thank you, ensign. Commander Tritter and I will begin an investigation. Keep us appraised.=/\="

"Change into uniform and meet me at Ops in 20 minutes." Adeyemi said with the casualness of someone used to issuing commands. "And check and see if anything of yours is missing."

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2017, 03:00:51 pm »
[ Holosuite 2 ]

"Actually yes," Jenna said. She wanted to sound professional and not let it be known she was in distress. "The suite appears to be functioning within normal parameters. I think we should test it aga..." As Jenna was finishing her statement, Lissy and Sorcha only heard that it was functioning and went in. When Jenna knew the two were out of earshot, she said "I hear the holosuite glitches can cause temporary hair loss and disfigurement, but in you cases it'd be an improvement." Jenna did not care that she sounded unprofessional. That bitch stole her locket.

Jenna let some time pass before she sighed. "Sorry Chief... Also while I was working on the suite panel I noticed that my walkman, knife, and earbuds are gone. I had them when we left Engineering I had them. When we were on the way here, I had my hand on my walkman. I know it was on me. This is all too fishy. My locket was lost the same way.

Jenna knew she had to keep it together. Part of her was already scared coming back and now this happened. She knew it wasn't the fault of the base nor the fleet. She needed to clear her head, but she also needed her things back.She had hoped to not make Daniel too angry with her comments, but she didn't really care.
Holosuite 2
As quick as Jenna gave the all clear, the two Bajorans were going in. Dan wasn't going to argue and he couldn't help but chuckle a little bit. He had a good sense of humor and with a usually witty remark replied "Brings a whole new meaning to head over heels then."

He couldn't believe that yet more of Jenna's things had been stolen. "Damn. I can't see how all these items are going missing. It's like they are being b..." of course Dan thought to himself. Looking back at McKinson he said "Transporter. The thief must be using some form of transporter to beam out the items. It would be the only way to get the items without knowledge." He thought again, squinting his eyes slightly before continuing "Question is how are they being so accurate?" He finished "Lets go back to engineering, we need to investigate this further."

This was something that he felt needed to be reported so as they were walking back to the turbolift he tapped his combadge =/\= Howell to Captain Adeyemi, sorry to disturb you sir, but we have a situation here - one of my crew members has reported some personal items have been stolen. I have also had reports of both engineering tools and starbase components going missing, presumed stolen. I have seen someone wearing an possession of Ensign McKinson which upon preliminary analysis did appear to be identical to a picture I was shown.=/\=

[Holosuites]

Engineering
By the time Howell had finished reporting to the Captain, they had arrived back in Engineering. Taking a deep sigh he was about to start looking into his latest brainwave when all of a sudden everything switched off. Lights, terminals, everything. He looked around and after a few seconds everything came back online with an entire arsenal of warning alarms and lights. He had no idea what caused it and for now that really wasn't important. Everyone started to gather round him. Raising his voice so everyone heard him he said "Alright listen up, I wanna know what that was, what affect it's had on systems and whether the 999 warnings are related to whatever happened or if they are genuine. LETS MOVE!"
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Offline Jenna McKinson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2017, 09:16:25 pm »

Engineering
By the time Howell had finished reporting to the Captain, they had arrived back in Engineering. Taking a deep sigh he was about to start looking into his latest brainwave when all of a sudden everything switched off. Lights, terminals, everything. He looked around and after a few seconds everything came back online with an entire arsenal of warning alarms and lights. He had no idea what caused it and for now that really wasn't important. Everyone started to gather round him. Raising his voice so everyone heard him he said "Alright listen up, I wanna know what that was, what affect it's had on systems and whether the 999 warnings are related to whatever happened or if they are genuine. LETS MOVE!"

[ Engineering ]

Jenna immediately took a seat next to Molly. Molly was working out an algorithm to check the warnings. Jenna had other thoughts. When Molly looked over, she questioned in her mind what Jenna was doing. "What are you up to there Sherlock?" Molly asked. Jenna chuckled at that comment. "Well my dear Watson,"Jenna began. "While I was fixing the holosuite with the Chief, we noticed some parts were missing. I obviously replaced them, but it got me to thinking. The parts that were missing actually emit a frequency. It's on a spectrum a human can't register. It emits minimally on the ultraviolet spectrum. Too bad it didn't harm my locket thief."

"So, you're thinking that the signal is traceable yeah?"Molly asked. "Exactly and if my calculations are correct,"Jenna said as he began to feverishly type on her terminal."I should be able to trace the source. Now if I cancel out the signal on any holosuite on the base and ships, I should be able to at least get a general idea where the anomaly is. We will find this thief yet I doubt miss priss and her friend are smart enough to come up with this."

[ Holosuite 2 ]

Lissy and Sorcha exited their holoprogram clutching one another scared. Lissy was screaming for security and a mirror. The people who were more than understanding around her gave her some kind of look as she caused a commotion. When a dark skinned short guard named Mathew walked over with a mirror. Lissy screamed at her appearance. Sorcha tried to tell her it was alright, however looking at her own appearance, she was immediately angered.

It was then Lissy got a wonderfully awful idea. An evil smirk came across her face. "So Mr. Mathew, Lissy said in her "sexy" voice. "Would you call yourself a chivalrous man?" Derek plainly nodded. "Then how about you do a couple of wronged ladies a favor. Think a few hundered credits can persuade you if you didn't help us otherwise?" Sorcha asked reaching into her pocket. Mathew then looked around to make sure they were alone as the holosuite would need to be closed for investigation.

"What did you ladies have in mind?"Mathew asked. "Well, there is a woman who works in engineering who I could have sworn that "tampered" with the holosuites," Sorcha said with emphasis on tampered. "She had blonde hair with a few green streaks. Ugliest thing I have ever seen. Oh and her co worker praticaly sexually assaulted me! insinuated the locket I stole actually belonged to Jenna. That little snarky witch had her grubby paws over it. When I see something that I want I get it. Can you make sure she has no way of getting to me before I leave my vacation?"Lissy asked. Mathew stepped away to think for a moment after telling the girls he would take care of it. He thought about who to ask for this task. He then thought of one name that could help him.

"=/ \= Officer Mathew to Ramona. It seems I have some very important intel. Holosuite 2 has experienced some major issues. I have two witnesses that have reason to believe that a new member of engineering is to blame. Description a is young female with blonde hair and green streaks in the hair. Consider her to be very cunning and dangerous. I do not know how she manipulated Daniel down in engineering, but I may consider the use of force in her arrest. We definitely want her in for questioning =/ \ = "

[ Engineering ]

"Chief, I got a signal. It's coming from the promenade and faintly from the Ferengi section of the base. The signal there is too faint, but I'll bet you it's our culprit. I have a program running to alert us if the signal spikes again to quickly trianguate. Best I can do now is help point security in the right direction.Who knows if he is there now. I am wondering because it is coming form there, could our thief be ferengi or do you think they struck up a deal with them for protection?:"Jenna asked.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 09:20:16 pm by Jenna McKinson »

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2017, 11:57:04 pm »
[Holosuite]

The captain felt the weight across his back fluctuate: one moment it was there and the next it wasn't. The sky seemed to shiver and shake and go all to ashes. Adeyemi frowned.

[Holosuite]

As the powerful bear was held off, Adeyemi let fall the deer carcass around his shoulders. It didn't hit the ground, merely disappeared as if he had ordered the holodeck to erase it.

When the bear turned into a cartoon rabbit, the captain blinked and picked up his rifle, half uncertainly, and half alarmed. He didn't truly intend to blow a cartoon hole in a holodeck character, but this was unsettling.

"This isn't part of my program," He felt the need to let Tritter know, who undoubtedly already realized that.

[Holosuite]

Adeyemi tapped his commbadge, realized he wasn't wearing it, and reluctantly said, "Computer, end program."

The cartoon rabbit, the woods all was whisked away. He was left with the rifle and too many questions about what was transpiring on his Station.

"=/\=Captain to Knox, thank you, ensign. Commander Tritter and I will begin an investigation. Keep us appraised.=/\="

"Change into uniform and meet me at Ops in 20 minutes." Adeyemi said with the casualness of someone used to issuing commands. "And check and see if anything of yours is missing."

[Location: Holodeck]

Tritter noticed the Scenary change, it was a fairly loud noise, he saw things fall around him. He than noticed the cartoon rabbit, he boggled a bit... If he was a lesser man, he would have wondered what drugs he had taken. Tritter lowered the pistol and holstered it. He than turned to face the Captain, his demeanor remained the same as it was. He than nodded slightly once the Captain was done speaking "Aye Sir"

He than made his way out of the Holodeck, turning on a heel and exiting the area. He moved with a quickness and confidence that was unmistakeable. He would than arrive back at his quarters, he would find his children asleep, but he found Ryan not far from the door. The two men exchanged small smiles between each other. Tritter than stated, "Good to see you", he put his left hand on his Husband's upper right shoulder, he than asked him if he noticed anything missing per the Captain's request. Ryan took a moment and replied with, "Yes, strangely... I noticed a missing picture of you with your Dad, as well as one of my Dad and I" Ryan sighed a bit, it was something that he treasured.

Tritter's demeanor changed to... frustration, he than stated, "I have to get ready for work, Captain Ayedemi wanted me to ask you about that" Ryan nodded slightly, he than chuckled a bit and said "Good luck with Captain Jesus Freak" A rare occurrence happened next, Tritter actually laughed, he enjoyed his Husband's sense of humor. Tritter than stated, "Thank you Honey, sadly, I have to get ready for work"

Tritter would than proceed to get ready for work, a shower was order and a change of clothes was also in order. He changed into a nearly pressed red uniform. Once he was ready to go, he had about five minutes to meet the Captain in Ops. He than tapped his comm badge once he was ready and said, "Tritter to Captain Ayedemi, on my way to Ops" He than stopped to each of his kids rooms, giving them a quick kiss on the forehead. He than walked over towards Ryan and he gave his Husband a quick but tight hug before he made his way back to work. He would than exit the Quarters and make his way to Operations to meet with the Captain.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2017, 03:01:22 am »
[Naira's Quarters]

Naira didn't have to wait long for a middle-aged security crewman to show up at her door. She stood in the doorway as she gave him a report of her missing items and tried to describe the suppressants as best she could to someone who obviously wasn't very knowledgeable in the field of medicine. He took note of what he could understand and tapped away at his padd. Apparently, she wasn't the first to file a report of a missing item around the station.

She thanked the man for his help and stressed the importance of finding her missing items, but she had this sinking feeling that leaving it in the hands of this security crewman who wouldn't know the difference between Cloraxine and Metrazene would be a lost cause. When he turned to leave, she informed her daughters that she was going to need to head back to sickbay early to make some more of the suppressants. In a spur the moment thought, she decided to take her youngest with her. Naniid would enjoy the peace and quiet of not having her little sister around for a bit and Laurels would get a chance get out of their quarters for a bit to burn off some of her energy.

Mother and daughter continued to the nearest turbolift and from there headed towards the promenade and main sickbay. They past all manner of different people from a variety of different species and cultures. There were street performers, vendors selling an assortment of exotic foods, trinkets and clothing and a blend of different musics being played over countless conversations and mixed laughter. The little girl held tight to her mother's hand as they made their way through the crowd.

"Quickly now," Naira urged her. She could see the wide-eyed look of wonderment spread across the girl's face and as much as she would have liked to take the time to fully explore everything the festival had to offer with her daughter, they had other more important things they had to do at the moment.

Later, she told herself. Later, when this is all over, I'll bring all of them here to enjoy the festival.

She stopped for a moment to rest. She all of her weight on her good leg and she wiped away the sweat on her brow with the back of her hand.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2017, 02:21:05 pm »
[Operations]

Adeyemi was not long in appearing after the executive officer. The comical hunter wearing flannel was gone, in its place was a sleek Starfleet officer, full of resolve. No matter was beneath his notice, no issue was too minor. The captain poked his nose into every corner of the Station like a benevolent dictator. He micromanaged, poked and prodded, and generally annoyed most of his officers who were used to a less involved hand.

"Captain in Operations!" Shouted out the stern looking, armed security man standing by the turbolift.

"Report," Adeyemi said to them in a tone that said that he was slightly miffed that he wasn't already informed.

"Captain, security reports oddments missing around the Station." Ross said from Operations. "Trinkets, personal items, family heirlooms."

"Anything of value?" The captain asked bluntly.

"They took my dog's baby teeth," Ross reported. "I had them gilded and filled with latinum at considerable expense on--"

"Real value, Ross." Adeyemi said, holding back a sigh.

"Not truly." The human said. "It's been...strange."

It has. Adeyemi agreed silently, and tapped his commbadge.

"=/\=Adeyemi to Pilgrim. Have you began an investigation into our missing items?=/\=" While he waited for a reply, the captain turned to Tritter.

"Commander, the silver crucifix with garnet inlays that has been in the Adeyemi family since the earliest days of Christianity in Nigeria is missing," The way the captain spoke sounded like an attack, but it was just his manner. He was mad at the situation, not at his people. "Have you found anything missing?"
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 06:16:17 pm by Malcolm Adeyemi »

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • And in a moment, Knox realized it had all changed.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2017, 04:10:47 pm »
[Promenade]

A group of Ferengi hurried past Knox, nattering to themselves though one happened to stop and whispered into Zak's lobes before quickly scurrying back towards the others.

"So the shop is now closed. No more business for today! Herr Herrr Herrrrr. I wonder where it shall be tomorrow. Iiiiiiiiit movves! Herr Herrr Herrrr! Knox, old man. Now, how shall we keep ourselves entertained now?!"

Zak smiled, though Knox looked on puzzled. It moves?

=/\= Knox to Pilgrim. The shop is no longer open, nor apparently where it was. Cancelling last request to meet on the lower promenade. =/\=

=/\= Knox to Captain. It seems that the missing items may be found at a location on the Station that changes. That is prior to them being, sold, Sir. Unfortunately I am unable to find out anything else until tomorrow. Knox out. =/\=

Knox began to feel faint and she had to sit down before she fell down. The events of the afternoon had been a bit too much for her. Zak was concerned for his friend and sat beside her. Sighing, he placed his hand on Knox's and patted it.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2017, 04:39:23 pm »
[Operations]

Adeyemi was not long in appearing after the executive officer. The comical hunter wearing flannel was gone, in its place was a sleek Starfleet officer, full of resolve. No matter was beneath his notice, no issue was too minor. The captain poked his nose into every corner of the Station like a benevolent dictator. He micromanaged, poked and prodded, and generally annoyed most of his officers who were used to a less involved hand.

"Captain in Operations!" Shouted out the stern looking, armed security man standing by the turbolift.

"Report," Adeyemi said to them in a tone that said that he was slightly miffed that he wasn't already informed.

"Captain, security reports oddments missing around the Station." Ross said from Operations. "Trinkets, personal items, family heirlooms."

"They took my dog's baby teeth," Ross reported. "I had them gilded and filled with latinum at considerable expense on--"

"=/\=Adeyemi to Pilgrim. Have you began an investigation into our missing items?=/\=" While he waited for a reply, the captain turned to Tritter.

"Commander, the silver crucifix with garnet inlays that has been in the Adeyemi family since the earliest days of Christianity in Nigeria is missing," The way the captain spoke sounded like an attack, but it was just his manner. He was mad at the situation, not at his people. "Have you found anything missing?"

Tritter snapped to and acknowledged the Captain. Tritter's demeanor had not changed much since the life or death situation with the bear. Once the Captain spoke in regards to the missing item for them, he than turned to face the Captain. He went to speak, but Knox's voice came over the comms. His thought that came to mind when the Captain spoke also vanished as well once Knox came over the comms, his thought consisted of poor baby missing his armament to protect him from the evil gays.

Those damn Ferengi, up to no good again. He pondered... They were moving daily and he bet he knew how they were doing it, although he wasn't much of a squint, he had enough of a basic understanding of those things partenered with a Cop's intuition that never goes away, he knew exactly what they are doing. He than asked the following of the Captain, "Sir, I know what they are up to. Permission to investigate further?" His heavily accented voice was deep and easily cut through the air as he addressed the Captain.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 07:10:31 pm by Michael J. Tritter »

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2017, 06:02:22 pm »
[Promenade]

A group of Ferengi hurried past Knox, nattering to themselves though one happened to stop and whispered into Zak's lobes before quickly scurrying back towards the others.

"So the shop is now closed. No more business for today! Herr Herrr Herrrrr. I wonder where it shall be tomorrow. Iiiiiiiiit movves! Herr Herrr Herrrr! Knox, old man. Now, how shall we keep ourselves entertained now?!"

=/\= Knox to Pilgrim. The shop is no longer open, nor apparently where it was. Cancelling last request to meet on the lower promenade. =/\=

=/\= Knox to Captain. It seems that the missing items may be found at a location on the Station that changes. That is prior to them being, sold, Sir. Unfortunately I am unable to find out anything else until tomorrow. Knox out. =/\=

Knox began to feel faint and she had to sit down before she fell down. The events of the afternoon had been a bit too much for her. Zak was concerned for his friend and sat beside her. Sighing, he placed his hand on Knox's and patted it.

[Promenade]

As she stood there a moment and rubbed the sore spot on the back of her thigh, Naira spotted the tall Ensign Knox up ahead walking with what looked to be an elderly Ferengi man, though she did not recognize him. The two of them had continued on their way for a few more paces, before they two came to a stop. Then, she noticed what looked as if the ensign was being assisted down into a seating position.

"This way," Naira directed her young daughter.

The mother and child made their way over the the over to the pair just as an alert sounded from the ensign's bioprobe.

"Ensign, how are feeling?" Had she been on duty, Naira would have likely had a tricorder on her to scan the Trill woman, but she wasn't expecting to encounter anyone on her way to sickbay.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2017, 09:27:40 am »
[Promenade]

[Ops]

"=/\=Acknowledged, Knox. Good work, stay on it.=/\=" Was all the captain said. He had confidence in his people, had read their files even if he hadn't met them. If anyone could track down the particulars of why and where, it'd be Knox.

Those damn Ferengi, up to no good again. He pondered... They were moving daily and he bet he knew how they were doing it, although he wasn't much of a squint, he had enough of a basic understanding of those things partenered with a Cop's intuition that never goes away, he knew exactly what they are doing. He than asked the following of the Captain, "Sir, I know what they are up to. Permission to investigate further?" His heavily accented voice was deep and easily cut through the air as he addressed the Captain.

[Ops]

"Aye..." Adeyemi said, narrowing his dark eyes. "But liaise with Pilgrim in security. Allow her to take the lead, I want to see what she can do. And this isn't a wrestling match, commander. I want those items found and the wrongdoers taken to trial, not given a dose of street justice."

Offline Ramona Pilgrim

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2017, 01:22:45 pm »
[Promenade]

Knox was a little taken by Blue's sudden outburst, but not exactly surprised by it. Though before she could even try to placate both of them, Zak interjected making things a little worse.

Zak had been rubbing his left earlobe though stopped once turning his attention back to Knox, winking at her as they both remembered that particularly lady.

<Promenade>

Ramona gave a glare that could have killed the Ferengi where he stood, but nodded to Knox. She watched as her new friend and the uncouth troll departed.

Knox and Zak walked slowly towards her quarters as he chatted of old times.

Nazar was very glad to have travelled with Zak during his diplomatic missions. As Ambassador for Trill it became tiring to keep up with the constant pretense and expectations of one of his title and status. Zak treated him as just the man. Though, in his memories they were much younger men!

Their friendship had solidified during a conflict in the Gamma quadrant. Zak was able to talk their way out of being killed on more than one occasion. As Ferenginar had remained neutral during the Dominion war, he was an invaluable companion during the peace talks on some on the worlds that had not yet heard that the war was over. Nazar was involved in brokering the release of prisoners.

Knox learnt to never bet against a Ferengi's survival instincts the day he saved them both. Their friendship continued to grow as Nazar enjoyed simply being himself with Zak, drinking, gambling, enjoying the company of beautiful young people and of course playing Tongo. After Nazar resolved an unfortunate ‘incident' involving Zak in the Alpha quadrant, Zak had given him the exquisite gift, a Tongo wheel lined with ornate detailing in gold pressed latinum.

[Outside Knox's Quarters]
Knox was so concerned for her old friend's mental state that she was about to simply go straight to sickbay, however she owed him more than that. She wanted to show him and try and help. They entered her quarters and walked over to the corner where a black and silver blanket protected her Tongo wheel. She lifted the cover and it was gone.

Finders what?

Zak explained a business that had recently opened on the lower Promenade.

=/\= Knox to Pilgrim. Can you meet us on Lower Promenade, Deck 226. Zak was indeed correct, someone has indeed been into my quarters and taken my Tongo wheel, without even alerting internal sensors. It is likely we shall be in need of a little extra undercover security to assess the situation. =/\=

This may be more than merely a theft...

Knox turned to her friend, who then went onto explain that this was not just a random occurrence, but likely happening Station wide.

=/\= Knox to Captain. Apologies for the intrusion, Sir, but you should be made aware of the current situation. Internal sensors have been compromised. An item of mine has been stolen directly from my quarters. From what I have been told by a very reliable source, this is not the only incident. It is currently happening elsewhere on the Station. =/\=

Knox's old friend was smiling and humming to himself as he walked along side her with his staff. Though concerned for what was happening on the Station, she could not help but smile next to him. The way he enjoyed all moments in life, the good and the bad was something Nazar had always admired, as did Knox.

Shortly after, she received a message from Knox.

=/\=I'll be in the area. Let me know what you find.=/\=

She wandered around, observing all that was taking place. It was a fairly uneventful, but after hearing about the missing Tongo wheel, she decided to keep an extra eye out. Coming to the station had been one of the best things that had happened to her. She got the chance to get out of 001 and that made her happy. She needed this fresh start.

She was getting lost in observation and a little bit of thought until her combadge chirped.

[Promenade]

=/\=That's odd. I was unaware of anyone with a floating shop pass. We normally don't do those, so it would be top priority to know. If you find anything else out, let me know asap.=/\=

She barely had time to gather herself before the badge chirped again

[ Engineering ]

Jenna immediately took a seat next to Molly. Molly was working out an algorithm to check the warnings. Jenna had other thoughts. When Molly looked over, she questioned in her mind what Jenna was doing. "What are you up to there Sherlock?" Molly asked. Jenna chuckled at that comment. "Well my dear Watson,"Jenna began. "While I was fixing the holosuite with the Chief, we noticed some parts were missing. I obviously replaced them, but it got me to thinking. The parts that were missing actually emit a frequency. It's on a spectrum a human can't register. It emits minimally on the ultraviolet spectrum. Too bad it didn't harm my locket thief."

"So, you're thinking that the signal is traceable yeah?"Molly asked. "Exactly and if my calculations are correct,"Jenna said as he began to feverishly type on her terminal."I should be able to trace the source. Now if I cancel out the signal on any holosuite on the base and ships, I should be able to at least get a general idea where the anomaly is. We will find this thief yet I doubt miss priss and her friend are smart enough to come up with this."

[ Holosuite 2 ]

Lissy and Sorcha exited their holoprogram clutching one another scared. Lissy was screaming for security and a mirror. The people who were more than understanding around her gave her some kind of look as she caused a commotion. When a dark skinned short guard named Mathew walked over with a mirror. Lissy screamed at her appearance. Sorcha tried to tell her it was alright, however looking at her own appearance, she was immediately angered.

It was then Lissy got a wonderfully awful idea. An evil smirk came across her face. "So Mr. Mathew, Lissy said in her "sexy" voice. "Would you call yourself a chivalrous man?" Derek plainly nodded. "Then how about you do a couple of wronged ladies a favor. Think a few hundered credits can persuade you if you didn't help us otherwise?" Sorcha asked reaching into her pocket. Mathew then looked around to make sure they were alone as the holosuite would need to be closed for investigation.

"What did you ladies have in mind?"Mathew asked. "Well, there is a woman who works in engineering who I could have sworn that "tampered" with the holosuites," Sorcha said with emphasis on tampered. "She had blonde hair with a few green streaks. Ugliest thing I have ever seen. Oh and her co worker praticaly sexually assaulted me! insinuated the locket I stole actually belonged to Jenna. That little snarky witch had her grubby paws over it. When I see something that I want I get it. Can you make sure she has no way of getting to me before I leave my vacation?"Lissy asked. Mathew stepped away to think for a moment after telling the girls he would take care of it. He thought about who to ask for this task. He then thought of one name that could help him.

"=/ \= Officer Mathew to Ramona. It seems I have some very important intel. Holosuite 2 has experienced some major issues. I have two witnesses that have reason to believe that a new member of engineering is to blame. Description a is young female with blonde hair and green streaks in the hair. Consider her to be very cunning and dangerous. I do not know how she manipulated Daniel down in engineering, but I may consider the use of force in her arrest. We definitely want her in for questioning =/ \ = "

[ Engineering ]

"Chief, I got a signal. It's coming from the promenade and faintly from the Ferengi section of the base. The signal there is too faint, but I'll bet you it's our culprit. I have a program running to alert us if the signal spikes again to quickly triangulate. Best I can do now is help point security in the right direction.Who knows if he is there now. I am wondering because it is coming from there, could our thief be ferengi or do you think they struck up a deal with them for protection?:"Jenna asked.

=/\=Pilgrim to Mathew. Acknowledged. I'll be on my to investigate soon.=/\=

Looks like I'm never off duty here, she said to herself with a sigh as she made her way to the Holosuites.

<Exterior of Holosuites>

Ramona was looking around. She began to look for evidence, removed panels, loose wires, etc. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary until she found a necklace.

As she was getting ready to call the captain, he got to it first.

[Operations]

=/\=Pilgrim here sir. Actually I've been alerted to some shenanigans happening in the Holosuites. Only thing pointing to that seems to be one of our new engineers. I seemed to have found a locket belonging to her. It may just be a plant if it was stolen, but I would like to take her in for questioning just to be on the safe side. And if things are missing, I wouldn't be surprised if it is our Ferengi friends.=/\=

That last bit came out with a large amount of disdain. She knew there was a chance that it was in fact the very same Ferengi that landed her in the role she was now. He was known to her only as Gace, but she was sure it was just an alias.

You just have this convenient subspace highway running through your head that I like to use. It's like three miles in 15 seconds. I forgot you guys don't have that in Canada.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2017, 06:59:34 pm »
[Ops]

"=/\=Acknowledged, Knox. Good work, stay on it.=/\=" Was all the captain said. He had confidence in his people, had read their files even if he hadn't met them. If anyone could track down the particulars of why and where, it'd be Knox.

[Ops]

"Aye..." Adeyemi said, narrowing his dark eyes. "But liaise with Pilgrim in security. Allow her to take the lead, I want to see what she can do. And this isn't a wrestling match, commander. I want those items found and the wrongdoers taken to trial, not given a dose of street justice."

Tritter remained focused on the Captain, he was less than thrilled about letting the unexperienced one take the lead, but he understood the logic. He also would not let the ball get dropped either way. He didn't respond to the Captain's next comment with anything past a nod. He than tapped his comm badge and said "Commander Tritter to Pilgrim, what is your location?"

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles