Minisode 2: Columbus Stories: Missing Treasures

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, July 11, 2017, 08:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on July 17, 2017, 02:26:28 PM

[Holosuite]

Adeyemi instinctively moved behind the larger man, matching his pace and even putting his boots where Tritter's went. It was clear that the captain was used to this, the hunt. He loved a bit of sport and this wasn't his first fish fry with stalking prey. His movements were quick but restrained, resolving to make as little noise as possible as they moved through the brush.

But this wasn't just a strip into the woods to kill something, it was meant ot be enjoyed. Adeyemi closed his eyes and felt the cold air on what little skin he was showing, and again smelled the air. It was a fine day to be outdoors. As soon as the moment of reflection was over he was back on point, following in Tritter's tracks and awaiting his orders.

Another man might be put off by his subordinate taking point, but not Adeyemi. He was honored to follow in Tritter's wake.

Tritter kept his head on a swivel. The man's keen eyes were onto something, he came to a stop and his left hand was raised, forming a fist. A non verbal directive to stop. He than pointeeld slightly to his left, if one looked closely, they would notice a small fawn with white spots.

Tritter knew that the fawn was not their objective. But he knew that if a fawn was nearby, that means there are bigger ones nearby. Thankfully, the fawn was not onto them, at least not yet. For such a large man, Tritter moved in nearly perfect silence, as if such a skill was second nature to him.

Tritter noticed the fawn move, he than motioned using his index and middle fingers, almost in a knife hand shape indicating it is time to move forwards. Tritter followed the fawn, but he was also getting to higher ground, as he knew such would give them a vantage point when searching for the elusive deer. It was quite the hike, as some of the trek to the higher ground he sought was fairly steep, Tritter kept a quick but delibrate pace as he kept a sharp eye out for the animals.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on July 18, 2017, 07:46:01 PM

Tritter kept his head on a swivel. The man's keen eyes were onto something, he came to a stop and his left hand was raised, forming a fist. A non verbal directive to stop. He than pointeeld slightly to his left, if one looked closely, they would notice a small fawn with white spots.

Tritter knew that the fawn was not their objective. But he knew that if a fawn was nearby, that means there are bigger ones nearby. Thankfully, the fawn was not onto them, at least not yet. For such a large man, Tritter moved in nearly perfect silence, as if such a skill was second nature to him.

Tritter noticed the fawn move, he than motioned using his index and middle fingers, almost in a knife hand shape indicating it is time to move forwards. Tritter followed the fawn, but he was also getting to higher ground, as he knew such would give them a vantage point when searching for the elusive deer. It was quite the hike, as some of the trek to the higher ground he sought was fairly steep, Tritter kept a quick but delibrate pace as he kept a sharp eye out for the animals.

[Holosuite]

Adeyemi responded to the gestures as if he and Tritter were linked at the brain stem. The captain knew this, following the point man. It wasn't a time to quibble over rank or for talk. Had this hunt been different their lives could have depended on his ability to follow orders.

When Tritter indicated to go to higher ground Adeyemi responded with the traditional but not official affirmative: a thumbs up. The big man's instincts were correct: they'd get a better shot the higher up they were. And deer didn't usually fire back. Adeyemi smiled and fell in with Tritter, again admiring how the big man seemed to drift through the brush like a ghost. He did his best to follow.

Below them, a family of deer idly nuzzled one another and fed on the nearby leaves. There were two beautiful fawns with dappled fur and a large doe, their mother. Adeyemi motioned to Tritter, asking permission to take the shot.

Receiving an affirmative gesture back, the captain knelt and studied the scene. He found a pair of ear plugs from a band around his neck, massaged the plastic until it was warm and soft, and stuffed it into his ears. He found an untainted pair of goggles, snapped them onto his face.

He was in the process of readying himself to shoot when the buck broke through the foliage.

It was a tall, majestic animal with asymmetrical antlers. It's breath went to mist in the cold air, it's doll like black eyes scanning the area alertly. It was one for the things that Adeyemi loved about them: they appeared out of nowhere, as if they from another world.

Unhesitatingly, the captain brought his weapon, the butt plate nestled snugly in the hollow of his right shoulder, his movements smooth and practiced. The big bolt action rifle felt strong and heavy in his hands, cradled against his chest, almost like a child.

He measured his own breathing, smelling the cold air and the forest. He envisioned his own heartbeat as a rising line and fall, trying to time it out in his head. His focus was palpable.

For just a moment Adeyemi knelt, statue like, peering through the reticle of the telescopic sight. He only sensed his own breathing, the roar of blood in his ears, the tiny dot of the scope over a blur of brown fur.

Steady, aim, breathe, squeeze...

The shot came as a surprise to even him, the tipping point between life and death. The brown fur in his sight fell away. Even as sudden as the killing shot came, Adeyemi was already flicking the bolt with his left hand in an economy of motion so smooth and automatic, but it wasn't needed.

The family scattered but the big buck had toppled over. Adeyemi made sure his rifle was on safety before standing.

"Looks clean," Was all the captain said to Tritter as he walked towards the dying animal.

Steam rose from the buck's wounded flank, right behind the shoulder, the heart shot. The animals was still kicking and making a pained, drawn out Ennngggghhh as it struggled  to breath.

Adeyemi knelt far away enough from the animal to avoid being kicked but close enough to observe it. The big animal had a blank, panicked look in its lustrous black eyes, devoid of understanding as its life petered out.

The captain groped around his broad chest for his necklace, the crucifix he always wore. He was surprised to find it gone. He must have forgotten it this morning when he'd shaved his head, but it was strange. He wore it every day, never let it leave his body except to bathe or perform other ablutions. He resolved to find it as soon as possible. For some reason, the combination of the dying buck and his lack of necklace was unsettling him.

"Might as well do what we can to dress him here, it's not as if we are carrying him to the galley." Adeyemi unsheathed a broad bladed hunting knife, and offered it hilt first to Tritter. "Would you care to do the honors, commander?"

Jenna McKinson

Quote from: Daniel Howell on July 18, 2017, 02:22:32 PM

Main Engineering
Dan was keeping a close watch on the newest arrivals and it was safe to say they were doing their job to a what was so far a satisfactory standard. His focus was turned to another officer who needed to get a second opinion on a a isolinear chip replacement. "Yeah if you switch everything over to the seconda..." He was interrupted by Ensign McKinson who made a whitty comment about the return on the diagnostic. Attempting to stop and quickly failing to, he let out a small grin as he walked over to the terminal. His grin was quickly wiped away when he looked at the diagnostic results. "That can't be right... he muttered under his breath before in a clearer tone saying "If those results are correct, the inducer is gone. How does that even happen?"

It had been a while since Howell had been this confused. There was a sense of urgency to confirm the inducer was missing. Turning to the just as baffled ensign, Howell said "Ensign, get that insolinear chip changed as quick as you can, I need everything up and running to full efficiency." Aye Sir. the Ensign replied. His attention then turned back to Jenna and Molly - "Jenna, Molly your with me." and with that he left for Holosuite 2.

[Main Engineering ]

"Aye Sir,"Jenna said leading Molly to follow Daniel. Ash she did, she got an ill feeling in her stomach. She knew that it wasn't hunger thanks to Molly on their way down to Engineering. She then felt her neck. Her eye went wide in shock. As she walked, she looked like she was frantic. She needed to keep her cool. Maybe she left it safely back at the quarters.

"Jenna are you ok?" Molly asked very concerned. Jenna shook her head. " Did I take off my necklace and locket back at the room before I came here?" Jenna asked. Understanding immediately, Molly thought back while they were walking. "You did show me it, but no you had it when we left. I remember you kissing it before we entered the turbolift,"Molly said. She tired to keep her tone to make Jenna not worry. This made Jenna worry worse. Though her other possessions were just things, she held the locket as her highest and most prized. She could loose everything, even the clothing on her back, the locket was the thing she held most dear.

"Uhh Chief...," Jenna called out to Daniel. "I do not want to alarm you, but my locket has been stolen. I know because I always keep it on me and not it's gone. Do you think it's related to the readings we got earlier?" Jenna said as she did her best to hide her alarmed feelings and wanting to freak out at the new revelation.

[ Holosuite 2 ]

Two Bajoran women were headed to the holosuite. They were fresh from their trip to the lost things vendor in the Promenade. The two were smiling and laughing. One in particular, names Lissy, had just gotten a locket and necklace chain she had her eyes on. "Lissy! That looks amazing on you!" Sorcha, the other Bajroan exclaimed. "That's because I am wearing it Sorcha! That filthy human scuffed it up just by wearing it! She didn't deserve such beauty! Well, now it's mine and I hope she never finds it," Lissy said. Lissy and Sorcha then made gossip about the blonde "filthy" human with the green highlights in her hair. They gossiped how she walked and tried to brown nose customs. They made no attempt to keep their gossip covered up either.

It was then that Jenna just so happened to pass by the area where Lissy and Sorcha were. She made attention toward Molly as Lissy was showing off the locket to a rather strapping male that made googly eyes at her. Jenna then made attention toward Daniel. "Chief, I just saw a Bajroan female with a locket and chain that looks like the one I think was stolen. Now either she got one that looks like mine, which I doubt because that was handed down in my family since before Vulcan's first contacted us humans. Please Sir, as unprofessional as I must sound, I believe that somehow she is the perp. I do want to wait for authorities, but that locker is dear to me. It is the only thing I cannot afford to loose... I could loose my home, my family, or even my life." Jenna tried to be a professional as possible, but seeing her locket on someone else made her worry.

"Look I have a photo right here! Customs has this too. If you look at the engraving on the back, it's a dead giveaway,"Jenna said. She then handed the photo to Daniel. As she did this she was shaking. Normally with tension and stress she would roll it off, but this was something different. This was personal.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on July 18, 2017, 08:51:31 PM

[Holosuite]

Adeyemi responded to the gestures as if he and Tritter were linked at the brain stem. The captain knew this, following the point man. It wasn't a time to quibble over rank or for talk. Had this hunt been different their lives could have depended on his ability to follow orders.

When Tritter indicated to go to higher ground Adeyemi responded with the traditional but not official affirmative: a thumbs up. The big man's instincts were correct: they'd get a better shot the higher up they were. And deer didn't usually fire back. Adeyemi smiled and fell in with Tritter, again admiring how the big man seemed to drift through the brush like a ghost. He did his best to follow.

Below them, a family of deer idly nuzzled one another and fed on the nearby leaves. There were two beautiful fawns with dappled fur and a large doe, their mother. Adeyemi motioned to Tritter, asking permission to take the shot.

Receiving an affirmative gesture back, the captain knelt and studied the scene. He found a pair of ear plugs from a band around his neck, massaged the plastic until it was warm and soft, and stuffed it into his ears. He found an untainted pair of goggles, snapped them onto his face.

He was in the process of readying himself to shoot when the buck broke through the foliage.

It was a tall, majestic animal with asymmetrical antlers. It's breath went to mist in the cold air, it's doll like black eyes scanning the area alertly. It was one for the things that Adeyemi loved about them: they appeared out of nowhere, as if they from another world.

Unhesitatingly, the captain brought his weapon, the butt plate nestled snugly in the hollow of his right shoulder, his movements smooth and practiced. The big bolt action rifle felt strong and heavy in his hands, cradled against his chest, almost like a child.

He measured his own breathing, smelling the cold air and the forest. He envisioned his own heartbeat as a rising line and fall, trying to time it out in his head. His focus was palpable.

For just a moment Adeyemi knelt, statue like, peering through the reticle of the telescopic sight. He only sensed his own breathing, the roar of blood in his ears, the tiny dot of the scope over a blur of brown fur.

Steady, aim, breathe, squeeze...

The shot came as a surprise to even him, the tipping point between life and death. The brown fur in his sight fell away. Even as sudden as the killing shot came, Adeyemi was already flicking the bolt with his left hand in an economy of motion so smooth and automatic, but it wasn't needed.

The family scattered but the big buck had toppled over. Adeyemi made sure his rifle was on safety before standing.

"Looks clean," Was all the captain said to Tritter as he walked towards the dying animal.

Steam rose from the buck's wounded flank, right behind the shoulder, the heart shot. The animals was still kicking and making a pained, drawn out Ennngggghhh as it struggled  to breath.

Adeyemi knelt far away enough from the animal to avoid being kicked but close enough to observe it. The big animal had a blank, panicked look in its lustrous black eyes, devoid of understanding as its life petered out.

The captain groped around his broad chest for his necklace, the crucifix he always wore. He was surprised to find it gone. He must have forgotten it this morning when he'd shaved his head, but it was strange. He wore it every day, never let it leave his body except to bathe or perform other ablutions. He resolved to find it as soon as possible. For some reason, the combination of the dying buck and his lack of necklace was unsettling him.

"Might as well do what we can to dress him here, it's not as if we are carrying him to the galley." Adeyemi unsheathed a broad bladed hunting knife, and offered it hilt first to Tritter. "Would you care to do the honors, commander?"

Tritter had gotten situated, as he had watched the Captain zero in on the large deer. Tritter watched him closely fire the rifle, they were mostly smooth, but he noticed that certain things were less... practiced.

Tritter than rose to his feet, he focused on the deer, he knew the animal was still alive. He moved in a quick and focused manner towards the animal. Tritter would finish the animal sooner, he carried his usual semi automatic pistol, he delivered one final round to the animals head. He didn't believe in letting them suffer.

Tritter knelt next to the animal, he ran his left hand over the animal's neck, he than said "Thank you" to the animal, as if acknowledging their sacrifice. Tritter would than roll the animal onto it's back, he than sliced it from sternum to hips. He than also used a bone saw to crack the sternum open. He would next remove the intestines and other organs that will be needed to be removed.

Tritter kept his head on a swivel, as he was keeping an eye out for predators who would want to eat them. He would proceed to skin the animal. He would than start to cleanly slice the meat off the animal. It was obvious he had done this many times, it was second nature to him, the cuts were clean, the meat was cut into standard cuts of meat.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Ramona Pilgrim

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on July 17, 2017, 12:34:38 PM

[Knox's Quarters]

In 15 minutes Knox took a sonic shower, brushed her hair, leaving it down and moisturized her skin.

Blue was admiring her fossils, as Knox checked on her, hoping that she had not minded waiting for her.

"Sclerocephalus." She shouted.

Ramona was looking at the various items in the room as she waited. They were interesting.

"Nice," she replied. "It looks vaguely like a pretty lizard I had once."

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on July 17, 2017, 12:34:38 PM

Knox emerged wearing the blue dress she remembered wearing on Earth the day prior to leaving for Trill to be joined.

"Shall we?"

As Knox and Blue made their way to the Promenade for the Festival, Knox wondered why the Crewman was so quiet.

Perhaps still getting over the incident on Xa'zii Prime..

[Promenade]

The lights and sounds of the Festival completely overcame Knox's senses. It was so beautiful! So many races and cultures all coming together. Knox smiled at Blue.

"Ramono, I hope that you shall not be working all evening. I cannot imagine this Festival ending at 25 hundred hours.

"KNOXXX??!!! Get out of my way, humans. Ambassador KNOX?! Where are you, old man?? KNOXXX???!!!"

Knox would recognize that nasal voice anywhere. Though she could not yet see Zak. She did however see 3 security officers and 2 more on the way to surround someone.

"I think I shall need to go help my old friend. One moment, please."

Knox followed the security officers.

"Excuse me Officers, no need for... "

Knox gave Zak an amused look. She was glad to see her Ferengi friend. They had shared many an enjoyable evening together. But he appeared a lot older than she had seen him the last time. She hoped he was in good health.

"Ambassador Knox! See I told you he was here, and there you areee. Herr herr herrrrr. And who is this? I see my good old friend has not lost his chaarrrm! Herr herr herrrrrr."

Zak said rubbing his right lobe as he looked on at Blue standing with Knox. She looked to Blue asking for her assistance with the security personnel.

"It is good to see you again, Zak. Zak this is my friend, Ramona. Ramona this is my friend I told you about."

She watched and wondered about the very awkward interactions between them.

"Not as good as it is to see youuu! Remember that time on Risa? Herr herrr herrrrr. Though look at you now, old man!"

"Let us find somewhere to sit."

They sat down a little further away from the main crowds. A place with a view, Knox enjoyed people watching at the best of times. Though she could tell that Blue was somewhat uncomfortable and wanted to change this.

"Knox. How about game of Tongo this evening?"

"Of course, old friend! Blue do you know how to..."

"Wellllll, you caaarrrn't! Herr Herr. You do not have a Tongo wheel! Herr Herrr Herrrrrrr!"

Knox looked puzzled. It was Zak who had given her the gift in the first place. Perhaps his mind was now deteriorating. She was now very concerned for him.

"My good old friend, have you heaard of Finders Keepers? Though looking at your friend, perhaps you haaaveee! Herr herrr herrrrr."

"That is a nice dress. If I wear a dress, it's usually a little on the short side," Ramona explained. She was dressed in a leather jacket with a thin, purple long sleeved shirt.

"Luckily we have enough people that they only require us to do one shift. It's like they want us to get enlightened or something," she chuckled.

She heard the infernal prattling that could only come from a Ferengi. She looked over and saw the miniature humanoid. She followed Knox out of courtesy, but started to get an uneasy feeling.

She whispered into her fellow security members' that she'd keep an eye on the Ferengi. That seemed to work as they dispersed to secure other areas.

As Knox introduced her, Ramona gave a bit of a forced smile. She had hoped it was just the one, but didn't hold her breath.

She was getting ready to tell her friend she did, when the crusty Ferengi interrupted. She became a bit more enraged at the Ferengi's last remarks.

"Look here, you little toad," she began, "the only reason you aren't on your way to the brig is because I told them you weren't exactly a threat. Now, I suggest if you want to stay out, you show a little more decorum."

She didn't mean to get that angry, but ever since she was forced into the enlisted side, she did harbor a little ill will, but it wasn't mostly a deflection of her on insecurity.

You just have this convenient subspace highway running through your head that I like to use. It's like three miles in 15 seconds. I forgot you guys don't have that in Canada.

T'Prina

Quote from: Thomas Jett on July 18, 2017, 01:45:15 PM

[Diplomatic Section, Hallway]

Jett held Natalia's hand as they exited the Turbolift.  The journey took approximately ten minutes and Jett filled the time talking about kid's holonovels.

"...yeah, I loved playing where in the Universe if Carmen Sandiego, I had the hardest time trying to figure out, it was a Vulcan monastery founded by Master Haadok "

Natalia answered "That's easy its P'Jem

The girl looked back and asked to T'Prina "T'Prina why aren't you married?

As she asked the question, Jett did the wisest thing he has done in a long time.  Be quiet.

T'Prina raised an eyebrow. It wasn't a question she was asked often, and it was rather impertinent at that. She had told Jett once, but it had been a flippant offhand comment, and far from the whole story. Still, maybe there was something to be learned.

"I was betrothed when I was younger. It was to be an arranged marriage decided by our parents. T'Mal was slightly older, but essentially we grew up together." She frowned slightly, unaware of the fact. Remembering her life on Vulcan was rarely pleasant.

"He did not enjoy the fact that I was quite often ahead of him in our studies and other endeavors. Once we were of age, he intended to use our marriage to solidify his image of superiority. Being young and reckless at the time, I gave him a demonstration of my prowess in martial arts. I then told him I would invoke kal-if-fee if he pursued the matter. He wisely broke the engagement. I left Vulcan soon after, but I keep my lirpa as a reminder." She pursed her lips, large gaps of the story were left out, but it was unsuited for a child. It was obvious she was still lost in memories.

Natalia stopped and gently tugged at the skirt of T'Prina's dress to get her attention. "What's a pirpa and what's it remind you?"

"A lirpa is a traditional Vulcan weapon, a long staff with a bladed end. And it reminds me that tradition is not worth my self respect. One day I will find someone who sees me as a partner, not something to be conquered." She patted the girl's head lightly. Heavy words for a child, but honest ones.

Quote from: Thomas Jett on July 18, 2017, 01:45:15 PM

From the corner of his eye he noticed a betazed female showing up.  The girl reacted by yelling "MOMMY"  and she ran towards her mother.

The Mother knelt and scolded her "Where were you?"
Jett then interrupted the conversation and said "She was with me, we kind of hung around the Promenade ma'am"

The girl said "And I made new friends this one is Tom and she is T'Prina.  Tom is going to teach me how to steal

The mother reacted "Steal huh?"

Jett reacted by looking down and said "Yeah, well"

Lennata Kurai looked at Jett and said "You are not what you seem to be. You should stop playing a  character and be true to yourself.  You did not select her, she selected you"

Jett looked confused as he failed to understand the meaning of her words.   He looked at T'Prina for guidance in this situation, he did not want to offend the diplomat but in his eyes her words made zero sense.

T'Prina merely raised an eyebrow and gave Jett an eloquent shrug. The Betazoid diplomat had him perfectly described. "Your daughter is very much like you, ma'am. I would not be surprised if she followed in your footsteps." To her surprise, Lennata grinned as she ruffled the girl's hair.

"You put troublesome and invasive very politely, Lieutenant. Are you sure you're not destined for diplomacy? There's no need to be afraid of your feelings. I'm sure you can embrace them logically." She stood up and held Natalia's hand.
"Thank you both, for returning my little one. I will be in touch later about your reward." With that said, Lennata turned and led the girl back to their suite.

T'Prina ran a hand through her hair, tucking a few strands behind her ear. "Betazoids are certainly... Unsettling. She looked at Jett and attempted to infer his feelings on the matter, but she was no empath, thankfully.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on July 19, 2017, 10:25:11 AM

Tritter had gotten situated, as he had watched the Captain zero in on the large deer. Tritter watched him closely fire the rifle, they were mostly smooth, but he noticed that certain things were less... practiced.

Tritter than rose to his feet, he focused on the deer, he knew the animal was still alive. He moved in a quick and focused manner towards the animal. Tritter would finish the animal sooner, he carried his usual semi automatic pistol, he delivered one final round to the animals head. He didn't believe in letting them suffer.

Tritter knelt next to the animal, he ran his left hand over the animal's neck, he than said "Thank you" to the animal, as if acknowledging their sacrifice. Tritter would than roll the animal onto it's back, he than sliced it from sternum to hips. He than also used a bone saw to crack the sternum open. He would next remove the intestines and other organs that will be needed to be removed.

Tritter kept his head on a swivel, as he was keeping an eye out for predators who would want to eat them. He would proceed to skin the animal. He would than start to cleanly slice the meat off the animal. It was obvious he had done this many times, it was second nature to him, the cuts were clean, the meat was cut into standard cuts of meat.

[Holosuite]

As Tritter skinned the animal, Adeyemi idly scanned the horizon. The sun had changed to a mid-morning position. The captain had taken all of the same survival training as any other security officer, and he found it hard to drop his guard. His rifle was at the ready.

The smell of the fresh kill spilled over him: blood and fur and scat as the animal finally died. The captain watched his executive officer impassively. Adeyemi had killed a lot more than a deer in his day, especially lately. The sight of some blood and guts and sinews didn't bother him in the least, nor would it most any Starfleet officer.

He heard a twig snap behind them, then a rough chuffing sound, and finally a sharp, urine-like scent. Adeyemi turned, rifle at the ready.

upload pictures

"Commander", Adeyemi said urgently, in a quiet tone that nevertheless carried.

The rifle in his hands simply wasn't powerful enough to do any real damage to a North American black bear. The captain's mind was racing, searching for anything in his training that would provide a way out, utterly forgetting this was a simulation for a moment.

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on July 18, 2017, 10:32:00 PM

[Main Engineering ]

"Aye Sir,"Jenna said leading Molly to follow Daniel. Ash she did, she got an ill feeling in her stomach. She knew that it wasn't hunger thanks to Molly on their way down to Engineering. She then felt her neck. Her eye went wide in shock. As she walked, she looked like she was frantic. She needed to keep her cool. Maybe she left it safely back at the quarters.

"Jenna are you ok?" Molly asked very concerned. Jenna shook her head. " Did I take off my necklace and locket back at the room before I came here?" Jenna asked. Understanding immediately, Molly thought back while they were walking. "You did show me it, but no you had it when we left. I remember you kissing it before we entered the turbolift,"Molly said. She tired to keep her tone to make Jenna not worry. This made Jenna worry worse. Though her other possessions were just things, she held the locket as her highest and most prized. She could loose everything, even the clothing on her back, the locket was the thing she held most dear.

"Uhh Chief...," Jenna called out to Daniel. "I do not want to alarm you, but my locket has been stolen. I know because I always keep it on me and not it's gone. Do you think it's related to the readings we got earlier?" Jenna said as she did her best to hide her alarmed feelings and wanting to freak out at the new revelation.

[ Holosuite 2 ]

Two Bajoran women were headed to the holosuite. They were fresh from their trip to the lost things vendor in the Promenade. The two were smiling and laughing. One in particular, names Lissy, had just gotten a locket and necklace chain she had her eyes on. "Lissy! That looks amazing on you!" Sorcha, the other Bajroan exclaimed. "That's because I am wearing it Sorcha! That filthy human scuffed it up just by wearing it! She didn't deserve such beauty! Well, now it's mine and I hope she never finds it," Lissy said. Lissy and Sorcha then made gossip about the blonde "filthy" human with the green highlights in her hair. They gossiped how she walked and tried to brown nose customs. They made no attempt to keep their gossip covered up either.

It was then that Jenna just so happened to pass by the area where Lissy and Sorcha were. She made attention toward Molly as Lissy was showing off the locket to a rather strapping male that made googly eyes at her. Jenna then made attention toward Daniel. "Chief, I just saw a Bajroan female with a locket and chain that looks like the one I think was stolen. Now either she got one that looks like mine, which I doubt because that was handed down in my family since before Vulcan's first contacted us humans. Please Sir, as unprofessional as I must sound, I believe that somehow she is the perp. I do want to wait for authorities, but that locker is dear to me. It is the only thing I cannot afford to loose... I could loose my home, my family, or even my life." Jenna tried to be a professional as possible, but seeing her locket on someone else made her worry.

"Look I have a photo right here! Customs has this too. If you look at the engraving on the back, it's a dead giveaway,"Jenna said. She then handed the photo to Daniel. As she did this she was shaking. Normally with tension and stress she would roll it off, but this was something different. This was personal.

En route to Holosuite 2
Dan was walking with Jenna and Molly, just slightly ahead as he knew the way better, so it made more sense. He was quietly humming the tune of a song he had recently heard and quite liked. Jenna got Dan's attention with something about her locket being stolen. Howell was skeptical of how something in such close proximity to her could be stolen, but his day was already strange enough so anything went and besides, he noticed it on her when she first arrived in Engineering. "I noticed you had it when you first entered Engineering. I don't see how it could be stolen though. Tell you what, we'll look into this relay and then we'll head back to Engineering and we'll have a look around." He replied as they resumed their trip to Holosuite 2. He understood the importance that certain things have to people and there were things that Dan had in possession that if he lost, would stop at no end to get them back.

Holosuite 2
Arriving at the holosuite, Howell immediately headed over to where the phase relay was located. He looked across to see two Bajorans looking to head to the holodeck. They were discussing something about a locket they had just aquired, which despite being aware of Jenna's situation, didn't quite click at first. It was when they started discussing some things about a human with green highlights in her hair. Jenna he thought to himself.

There was something not quite right about them, they were shady. Then, Dan had an idea, one that would risk his job, but then again that was Dan. As Jenna alerted him, he replied to her "Yeah, I just noticed them. Standby." he finished looking at the photo of the locket. He pulled a couple of random panels off the wall by the holosuite and said to the two Bajorans "Excuse me, if your looking to use the holosuite it's out of action for a few minutes just for some routine maintenance and a couple of components we need to check." The plan was to slip the locket into discussion, not in the hope of finding information out, but just longer to observe the locket that the Bajoran was wearing in the hope he could make a positive ID. "Whilst your hear actually, one of my crew have lost a locket, looks like this." He showed the picture "I don't suppose you've seen it anywhere or overhead anything?" He waited for their reply, in which time he observed the locket, which was a striking resemblance.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on July 20, 2017, 11:29:28 AM

[Holosuite]

As Tritter skinned the animal, Adeyemi idly scanned the horizon. The sun had changed to a mid-morning position. The captain had taken all of the same survival training as any other security officer, and he found it hard to drop his guard. His rifle was at the ready.

The smell of the fresh kill spilled over him: blood and fur and scat as the animal finally died. The captain watched his executive officer impassively. Adeyemi had killed a lot more than a deer in his day, especially lately. The sight of some blood and guts and sinews didn't bother him in the least, nor would it most any Starfleet officer.

He heard a twig snap behind them, then a rough chuffing sound, and finally a sharp, urine-like scent. Adeyemi turned, rifle at the ready.

upload pictures

"Commander", Adeyemi said urgently, in a quiet tone that nevertheless carried.

The rifle in his hands simply wasn't powerful enough to do any real damage to a North American black bear. The captain's mind was racing, searching for anything in his training that would provide a way out, utterly forgetting this was a simulation for a moment.

Tritter was primarily focused on skinning and dressing the animal, but by no means were his survival skills diminished. He heard the crack of the twig, he knew it meant they had company. He could use the rifle to kill the bear at range, but such would take several shots and it would be a messy kill, not the type he liked.

Tritter however did have his .45 Glock, chambered with full metal jacket rounds, with well placed shots and a bit of luck, he could kill or seriously disable the bear. He did not want to, but such was the reality of the situation they were in, and he would do so if such meant getting out alive.

He calmly spoke to the Captain, he stated the following, "Sir, get the deer and meat, I will cover you" He spoke barely above a whisper, but his heavily accented voice still had it's command presence and boy, did it carry. He had the pistol unholstered in his right hand, he shifted into a standing position to the right of the deer and Captain.

He had his arm extended, finger on the trigger. He was ready to shoot to kill, but there was an odd calm about him, as if this was a situation he was strangely comftorable and familar with. Truth be told, he did feel a bit of fear, but he knew how to control it and use it to his advantage, he never let it control him, instead he controlled it.

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Holosuite]

While Tritter held the bear at bay, Adeyemi slung his rifle and squatted by the deer carcass. The meat disappeared into his pack. He then stood and hauled the dead animal up into the air with the same gesture. He easily handled the weight. He might not have been built like Tritter, but Adeyemi still stood over six feet tall and weighed over 200 lbs, most of it leaned out, trained muscle.

The bear did not know fear. Adeyemi thought that it must be a female, and that its cubs must be nearby. There was no other reason for a black bear to attack.

The big animal stood as tall as it possibly could, saliva dripping from its fangs and its claws glinting in the sun. It wasn't even the captain's size, let alone a blot on Tritter, but Adeyemi wasn't about to step toe to toe with it.

"Tritter..." The captain said, not wanting to distract the big man, but their time was rapidly slipping away.

Jenna McKinson

Quote from: Daniel Howell on July 21, 2017, 07:14:19 AM

Arriving at the holosuite, Howell immediately headed over to where the phase relay was located. He looked across to see two Bajorans looking to head to the holodeck. They were discussing something about a locket they had just aquired, which despite being aware of Jenna's situation, didn't quite click at first. It was when they started discussing some things about a human with green highlights in her hair. Jenna he thought to himself.

There was something not quite right about them, they were shady. Then, Dan had an idea, one that would risk his job, but then again that was Dan. As Jenna alerted him, he replied to her "Yeah, I just noticed them. Standby." he finished looking at the photo of the locket. He pulled a couple of random panels off the wall by the holosuite and said to the two Bajorans "Excuse me, if your looking to use the holosuite it's out of action for a few minutes just for some routine maintenance and a couple of components we need to check." The plan was to slip the locket into discussion, not in the hope of finding information out, but just longer to observe the locket that the Bajoran was wearing in the hope he could make a positive ID. "Whilst your hear actually, one of my crew have lost a locket, looks like this." He showed the picture "I don't suppose you've seen it anywhere or overhead anything?" He waited for their reply, in which time he observed the locket, which was a striking resemblance.

[Holosuite 2]

Lissy, already irritated at the crowd, was in no mood to be stopped on her vacation. While it was understandable to have maintenance, she was in no mood to be understanding. She didn't need to be. It was her vacation. "Well you had better hurry up,"Lissy said. Sorcha just shook her head. While she did love Lissy, the pretentious bit was getting a bit old. She knew they had spent quite a bit of credits already on the vacation, but even she knew things were going to need work with just how many were visiting.  A small smirk was on Sorcha's face. The green haired haired girl was present. Part of her wanted Lissy to show off her new find to the filthy girl, but another wanted to be quiet about it all.

When Daniel asked the two ladies about the locket, they remained calm. No part of them was worried about Star Fleet knowing about the locket. They bought it from a vendor that was housed in their promenade. Though knowing she didn't want to end up locked up, Lissy wanted to remain calm about it. Jenna was in the back, pretending to not pay attention as she began work on the holosuite like nothing was bothering her. "No I cannot say that I have, but if that officer. It does bear a resemblance to my new necklace. I wonder if it's one of those two of a kind deals,"Lissy stated. It was then that Sorcha whispered into Lissy's ear. Lissy's eyes went wide while Sorcha snickered.

"My friend here is right," Lissy began. "I do not care for you taking the holosuite out of commission during my vacation. I also do not care that you are insinuating that I stole the locket! My uncle, the inventor of  invisible floating mattress, would not stand for this!" Lissy crossed her arms to her chest as she handed the photo over to Sorcha. "I also do not care for the way you are looking at her. You better get back to work over there or I will call a guard and say you assaulted me and my friend. You already are by looking at us," Sorcha stated.

Jenna listened intently. She knew tactics like these all too well. While searching for Caleb she had to employ a few of them herself. However, it wasn't about the threat. It was about how well the lie could be sold. These ladies couldn't sell a hunk of junk calling it a hover car to a blind and deaf man. Jenna didn't want to shake her head as she knew Daniel was walking on thin ice with this tactic, she she knew after glancing at the girls, that the one folding her arms, had her locket. Everything she checked on the panel looked to be in good shape. This was so very strange. Jenna went to check to see if her walkman was straight on her belt and her heart sank. That too was gone. She then checked her pocked for her trusty knife. That was gone too. It was then it became personal. Whoever was doing this not only needed to be stopped, but maybe needed a talk from Old Betsy.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Auzual Knox

Quote from: Ramona Pilgrim on July 19, 2017, 03:20:06 PM

"Look here, you little toad," she began, "the only reason you aren't on your way to the brig is because I told them you weren't exactly a threat. Now, I suggest if you want to stay out, you show a little more decorum."

[Promenade]

Knox was a little taken by Blue's sudden outburst, but not exactly surprised by it. Though before she could even try to placate both of them, Zak interjected making things a little worse.

"Feisty young feeemale! Her Herr Heeerrrrrrr! Yes you areeeeee!! Herr Herrrr Heeerrrrrrrr! Knox remember that time we went to the Gamma quadrant and you found yourself that feisty feeemale who pulled out her weapon when you suggested she count alllll of yooouuuurrrr spotttssss?! Her Herr Heeerrrrrr!"

Zak had been rubbing his left earlobe though stopped once turning his attention back to Knox, winking at her as they both remembered that particularly lady.

"So, Knox my good man. What say you? Let's go visit that Tongo Wheel of yours? If I stay here any much longer, I may get toooooooo excited by this feeeemale! Herr Herrr Herrrrrr!"

Before Zak could do or say anything else, Knox proceeded.

"Ok, Zak, my Tongo Wheel is in my quarters. I shall happily show it to you right now."

She was very concerned for her friend and knew exactly where they shall go immediately following her quarters. She mouthed Á¢â,¬ËœI am so sorry' to Blue. It was obvious that something was bothering her more than an old sexist and completely harmless Ferengi. However, this was not the moment to find out what.

"Ramona, would you mind? I shall just go for a walk with my old friend and as soon as I am done, I shall be on comm."

Knox and Zak walked slowly towards her quarters as he chatted of old times.

Nazar was very glad to have travelled with Zak during his diplomatic missions. As Ambassador for Trill it became tiring to keep up with the constant pretense and expectations of one of his title and status. Zak treated him as just the man. Though, in his memories they were much younger men!

Their friendship had solidified during a conflict in the Gamma quadrant. Zak was able to talk their way out of being killed on more than one occasion. As Ferenginar had remained neutral during the Dominion war, he was an invaluable companion during the peace talks on some on the worlds that had not yet heard that the war was over. Nazar was involved in brokering the release of prisoners.

Knox learnt to never bet against a Ferengi's survival instincts the day he saved them both. Their friendship continued to grow as Nazar enjoyed simply being himself with Zak, drinking, gambling, enjoying the company of beautiful young people and of course playing Tongo. After Nazar resolved an unfortunate Á¢â,¬Ëœincident' involving Zak in the Alpha quadrant, Zak had given him the exquisite gift, a Tongo wheel lined with ornate detailing in gold pressed latinum.

[Outside Knox's Quarters]
Knox was so concerned for her old friend's mental state that she was about to simply go straight to sickbay, however she owed him more than that. She wanted to show him and try and help. They entered her quarters and walked over to the corner where a black and silver blanket protected her Tongo wheel. She lifted the cover and it was gone.

"Iiiiiii told youuuuuu! Herr Herrr Heeerrrr! Now, shall we pay a visit to Finders Keepers?"

Finders what?

Zak explained a business that had recently opened on the lower Promenade.

=/\= Knox to Pilgrim. Can you meet us on Lower Promenade, Deck 226. Zak was indeed correct, someone has indeed been into my quarters and taken my Tongo wheel, without even alerting internal sensors. It is likely we shall be in need of a little extra undercover security to assess the situation. =/\=

This may be more than merely a theft...

Knox turned to her friend, who then went onto explain that this was not just a random occurrence, but likely happening Station wide.

=/\= Knox to Captain. Apologies for the intrusion, Sir, but you should be made aware of the current situation. Internal sensors have been compromised. An item of mine has been stolen directly from my quarters. From what I have been told by a very reliable source, this is not the only incident. It is currently happening elsewhere on the Station. =/\=

Knox's old friend was smiling and humming to himself as he walked along side her with his staff. Though concerned for what was happening on the Station, she could not help but smile next to him. The way he enjoyed all moments in life, the good and the bad was something Nazar had always admired, as did Knox.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on July 21, 2017, 02:45:58 PM

[Holosuite]

While Tritter held the bear at bay, Adeyemi slung his rifle and squatted by the deer carcass. The meat disappeared into his pack. He then stood and hauled the dead animal up into the air with the same gesture. He easily handled the weight. He might not have been built like Tritter, but Adeyemi still stood over six feet tall and weighed over 200 lbs, most of it leaned out, trained muscle.

The bear did not know fear. Adeyemi thought that it must be a female, and that its cubs must be nearby. There was no other reason for a black bear to attack.

The big animal stood as tall as it possibly could, saliva dripping from its fangs and its claws glinting in the sun. It wasn't even the captain's size, let alone a blot on Tritter, but Adeyemi wasn't about to step toe to toe with it.

"Tritter..." The captain said, not wanting to distract the big man, but their time was rapidly slipping away.

Tritter remained focused on the bear and making sure it didn't come any closer. He was as confident as one could be when going toe to toe with an animal like that. He could hear what the Captain was doing and he didn't need a verbal que as to what they were doing. Tritter watched the bear's demeanor closely, they were posturing and trying to scare him. He wasn't going to back down, but he was going to make sure that they got out of there alive. He than heard the Captain speak, he than replied with "Let's move" in a calm but quiet tone. He would wait for the Captain to move, he would than walk backwards away from the bear. He did this on purpose so he could make sure the bear would not try to harm them, he expected it would eventually slink away as such would be typical of animals like the bear.

Thomas Jett

Jett stood silent for a second as he observed T'Prina's interaction with the betazed child.  It was not surprising for him that she exhibited a straightforward but tender approach with the child.  She knew she had a fiancé but she never explained the real reason.
It was ironic that her story was almost the polar opposite of his. Anna, his wife was one of the reasons he made it into Starfleet.  She had a gift understanding science and archeology, meanwhile he did not have those gifts.  However, he learned later in Starfleet Academy he had other gifts.

He wanted to say something to T'Prina about her story, but thought it was better to speak in private outside of the earshot of strangers.   As the conversation ended, Jett had a big smile and have a wink to Natalia.  It was supposed to be a friendly gesture and Jett said "Well, see if we get in trouble next time"

Quote from: T'Prina on July 20, 2017, 10:24:18 AM

T'Prina ran a hand through her hair, tucking a few strands behind her ear. "Betazoids are certainly... Unsettling. She looked at Jett and attempted to infer his feelings on the matter, but she was no empath, thankfully.

As he turned around, he walked into the hallway.  When they were away from the betazoid family,  Jett said in all sincerity "I like them...Betazed can sense the true person, they can sense our pains, fears and our hopes.  I found it unsettling at first, afterwards, I have learned to be calmed about it"

Jett headed towards the turbolift and waited until T'Prina entered it.  He figured they were going to go to the Festival and Jett instructed the computer "Promenade".  Jett looked at the Turbolift and noticed that it was empty.  He took the opportunity that they were alone and Jett ordered "Computer Stop"

Jett stopped for a second and looked at T'Prina's eyes.  "T'Prina, I don't know Vulcan logic that well, but I know human feelings, and I have gotten to know you the last year.  I have seen you doing some pretty amazing things including saving my ass more than once"

Jett looked down for a second and then continued making eye contact "What, I am trying to say is that you are an amazing woman and I'm sure you will find a partner that will recognize that you are great and respect your strengths.  That person is going to be very lucky.  I have learned that love is about choosing to be together even in thought moments, if it's about obligation or ownership it's not love."

Jett continued making eye contact and waited for her response.

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on July 21, 2017, 07:08:38 PM

[Holosuite 2]

Lissy, already irritated at the crowd, was in no mood to be stopped on her vacation. While it was understandable to have maintenance, she was in no mood to be understanding. She didn't need to be. It was her vacation. "Well you had better hurry up,"Lissy said. Sorcha just shook her head. While she did love Lissy, the pretentious bit was getting a bit old. She knew they had spent quite a bit of credits already on the vacation, but even she knew things were going to need work with just how many were visiting.  A small smirk was on Sorcha's face. The green haired haired girl was present. Part of her wanted Lissy to show off her new find to the filthy girl, but another wanted to be quiet about it all.

When Daniel asked the two ladies about the locket, they remained calm. No part of them was worried about Star Fleet knowing about the locket. They bought it from a vendor that was housed in their promenade. Though knowing she didn't want to end up locked up, Lissy wanted to remain calm about it. Jenna was in the back, pretending to not pay attention as she began work on the holosuite like nothing was bothering her. "No I cannot say that I have, but if that officer. It does bear a resemblance to my new necklace. I wonder if it's one of those two of a kind deals,"Lissy stated. It was then that Sorcha whispered into Lissy's ear. Lissy's eyes went wide while Sorcha snickered.

"My friend here is right," Lissy began. "I do not care for you taking the holosuite out of commission during my vacation. I also do not care that you are insinuating that I stole the locket! My uncle, the inventor of  invisible floating mattress, would not stand for this!" Lissy crossed her arms to her chest as she handed the photo over to Sorcha. "I also do not care for the way you are looking at her. You better get back to work over there or I will call a guard and say you assaulted me and my friend. You already are by looking at us," Sorcha stated.

Jenna listened intently. She knew tactics like these all too well. While searching for Caleb she had to employ a few of them herself. However, it wasn't about the threat. It was about how well the lie could be sold. These ladies couldn't sell a hunk of junk calling it a hover car to a blind and deaf man. Jenna didn't want to shake her head as she knew Daniel was walking on thin ice with this tactic, she she knew after glancing at the girls, that the one folding her arms, had her locket. Everything she checked on the panel looked to be in good shape. This was so very strange. Jenna went to check to see if her walkman was straight on her belt and her heart sank. That too was gone. She then checked her pocked for her trusty knife. That was gone too. It was then it became personal. Whoever was doing this not only needed to be stopped, but maybe needed a talk from Old Betsy.

Holosuite 2
"The maintenance will be completed shortly." Dan replied. "I have no doubt it is some kind of that, thought I would just ask around though, was worth a shot." Dan replied with a small friendly smile on his face - trying not to let on to the fact he was phishing for information.

Just then he noticed the other Bajorn whisper into the others ear. There was a sudden change of attitude and at that moment, he had no doubt they had the missing locket. After a few sentences were fired at him, he knew he was trading on thin ice. He knew he had to get his reply right. "I can assure you I was by no means implying that you or your friend stole the locket, I was just shipping around for any information. I have asked several people already." He really had to hold it back when the Bajoran used her uncle, inventor of floating mattresses as some form of comeback.

Tilting his head up but not turning around he asked in an elevated voice "Ensign McKinson, is the work complete so these good people can enjoy their vacation?"

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.