Minisode 2: Columbus Stories: Missing Treasures

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, July 11, 2017, 08:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on July 15, 2017, 03:12:00 PM

[ Main Engineering ]

"I can imagine with a base this size and a festival going on. I have no questions other than where can we get our hands dirty," Jenna said in response to Daniel. "No questions from me either I'm ready to roll up the sleeves,"Molly said. The two stood a bit more relaxed once Daniel spoke. It seemed like it was a well oiled, but busy machine going on around them.

While waiting from an assignment from Daniel, Jenna was still marveling at the technology around her. Machines were her forte, but she also loved the advancements that powered them as well. When her and Caleb were growing up, she pushed him to build engines with her. He was good at it, but seemed less interested as her. She thought back to home and the tricked out electric motorcycle her and Caleb built. She often wondered if Makayla kept it like she promised. However, with all connections severed, it would be hard to ask neigh impossible.

Main Engineering
Howell was happy with their answers. It was always good when new officers were so enthusiastic to get duties assigned so quickly.

With a small nod and smile he replied to them "Well first things first, your gonna want to get to know the layout of the base. It has it's differences from a starship." He finished, before continuing "One of the phase inducers on Holosuite 2 isn't responding to inputs. We're going to go and take a look at it and run a level 3 diagnostic on it. You two up to it? Of course I will supervise." He wasn't supervising to make the 2 ladies feel incapable, more to see what they were capable of.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Jenna McKinson

Quote from: Daniel Howell on July 15, 2017, 08:09:16 PM

Main Engineering
Howell was happy with their answers. It was always good when new officers were so enthusiastic to get duties assigned so quickly.

With a small nod and smile he replied to them "Well first things first, your gonna want to get to know the layout of the base. It has it's differences from a starship." He finished, before continuing "One of the phase inducers on Holosuite 2 isn't responding to inputs. We're going to go and take a look at it and run a level 3 diagnostic on it. You two up to it? Of course I will supervise." He wasn't supervising to make the 2 ladies feel incapable, more to see what they were capable of.

[ Main Engineering ]

Jenna nodded and began to move to the nearest terminal. She did do her homework and studied the layout and schematics of engineering. She did as much as she could with the resources allowed to her. She got to the terminal easy enough. She asked Molly to be nearby. She wanted the extra set of eyes for verification of what was going on.  Though she wanted to be able to multitask, but having Molly there was a blessing for that purpose.

About seven minutes passed and the level 3 diagnostics were completed on the phase inducer. When she first heard that it was not responding to input, her mind immediately began to brainstorm. Her first thought was if it had somehow gotten wet from a clumsy engineer that was replacing components."Chief I think you should come look at this. Looks like my hunch about some spilled punch wasn't right," Jenna called out to Daniel. Molly had to cover her mouth from laughing.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

T'Prina

Quote from: Thomas Jett on July 13, 2017, 01:48:55 PM

[T'Prina's Quarters]
Jett stood up and looked at T'Prina.

Jett could not help but give a big smile and he nodded at T'Prina.  "T'Prina, I would be honored to go with you."  As Jett finished he looked at her eyes with a smile.  "Don't worry, I don't have other plans"

With a  big smile Jett continued "Besides, I would be the luckiest guy in the Station, everyone is going to be jealous because I am walking with the most beautiful woman in the Station"

Jett continued "I mean Natalia of course!"

As he finished he heard a small laugh from the girl.   Natalia then walked next to T'Prina and tried to signal her to lean down.

Natalia would attempt to cover T'Prina's ear with her hands and she was trying to say a secret.

The secret was "I'm not a tattle tail, but I think he likes you." She then continued singing in a taunting voice

T'Prina and Tom sitting in the tree
K-i-s-s-i-n-g! (spell it out)
First comes love.
Then comes marriage.
Then comes baby in the baby carriage,
Sucking his thumb,
Wetting his pants,
Doing the hula, hula dance!"
As she finished she looked at both of them and began laughing with herself.
[T'Prina's Quarters]

The Vulcan stood up quickly, even the tips of her ears showed the slightest hint of a green tinged blush. Matters of the heart were much too intimate to be a comfortable topic of conversation, particularly with a child present. Perturbed, she shook her head. Maybe the pleasant scent of the flowers Jett had brought her were muddling her senses. It was a touching gesture, the blooms were even her favorite shades of lavender and violet. Matters of the heart indeed. But for a child to be perceptive of such things... She gave the girl a closer look. Her dark eyes were an unmistakeable trait, when combined with her sense of ... perception.

"Jett, I wonder. Were you aware that your new friend, Natalia, is a Betazoid? A remarkably talented empath too, unless I am mistaken."

The little girl rocked on her toes and grinned impishly, extremely pleased with herself. "Mama says I'm pre-co-sus, even for a Daughter of the 3rd House. And I always tell the truth. Always." She hummed her little song again, without the words but the implication was clear. T'prina chose to ignore it and turned to her computer, her mind working even faster than she input the search data.

"Third House you said? Would that make your mother, Lennata Kurai, the visiting dignitary?

Natalia scowled, and plopped into a chair. "Mama is always visiting dig-nity and never has any time for fun stuff. She's been meetings for 3 days and I always gotta stay with the nan-nan. But today she took a nap, so I went and 'splored. Tom is more fun than the nan-nan and I'm gonna learn to steal good like fairies in the story mama told me once."

T'Prina raised an eyebrow and gave a pointed look to Jett. That cleared things up in her mind immensely, and made their next course of action clear. "I have no children myself, but I am certain your mother is very worried about you, Natalia Kurai. I believe it is in all of our best interests to head to the diplomatic suites and straighten this all out. Then we may still attend the festivities, if that is what you wish."

All the talk earlier about feelings, childish as the wording was, and Jett's acceptance of her unintended invitation, had her feeling a bit on edge. She truly hadn't expected anything of the sort and was at a loss for how to react. Even an idiot would have been able to detect the emotional response Jett had to the photograph and the questions after. A small part of her was moved to offer some sort of comfort, a pat on the shoulder. That reaction in itself was entirely illogical. If there was one thing she disliked, it was lack of control of any sort, particularly these unruly feelings. So she would assert herself by refusing to acknowledge what lurked beneath the surface for now. There were other problems at hand. With a firm decisive nod, she led them out of her quarters, and only stopped to shut and lock the door behind her.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on July 15, 2017, 10:35:54 AM

Tritter nodded slightly to the Captain, such made sense to him. He than noticed the Rifle cases as the Captain gestured towards the table, he than nodded slightly, he was completely fine with that. The kids, him and his Husband were completely comfortable around firearms. There was also a certain intensity he had about him, Starfleet didn't breed intensity, but a lengthy and successful career in Law Enforcement bread that in him.

Tritter than took the rifle from the case, he verified the chamber was clear and since there was no magazine in it, the weapon was in a green condition. Ryan picked up on the noise from clear across the room. The man would than rise to his feet, he would walk towards the firearms on the table, with the two small children in tow. Ryan carried himself in a very similar fashion to Tritter, but you can't take the cop out of the man after twenty or more years on the job. He came over and investigated the firearms, he than grinned slightly.

Tritter than handed the firearm to Ryan for him to investigate, the man ran through the actions of it with a familiarity that only comes from years of training and handling firearms. He than chuckled slightly and than stated, "A bit heavy on the front, but it should more than do the job and not jam on you" He than kneeled down and proceeded to show the kids around the weapon, they were young, so they weren't allowed to directly handle it, but Ryan showed them around it and he gave them a certain appreciation/respect for the firearm, the kids were well behaved but had lots of questions, each was answered in a patient way.

Tritter than turned his focus back towards the Captain, he could tell that they had a passion for firearms, just like his Husband and Him. He seemed to enjoy that they had something similar in common with the Captain, after a few minutes, Ryan returned the rifle to the case and than looked at Michael. Tritter than looked between the two men, he knew the Captain was a man of intense faith and truthfully, that didn't scare him. If the man gave him a hard time about it, the shit he would give would be zero. He than stated, "Captain, this is my husband Ryan"

Ryan was of a similar build to Tritter, although smaller, he was 6'3 in height, weighing in around 250 pounds. He was a bit younger looking, with close cut dirty blonde hair and bright blue eyes, although if one looked at him closely enough, they may notice the right one would occasionally change color. Ryan would than offer his right hand to the Captain, as he was a fan of shaking hands with others, part of how he was raised. It would be interesting to see what the Captain would do from here.

[Tritter Family HQ]

"Pleased to meet you," Adeyemi said to the other man, extending a hand. He certainly didn't sound pleased. His voice was neutral and calm, but it was clear from his demeanor that he was decidedly uncomfortable.

"The good thing about the holodeck," The captain said, rapidly changing the subject and speaking so fast that it was nearly comical. " Is that we can actually simulate the kill on the deer. They wouldn't allow us to hunt an animal for sport or pleasure back on earth, would they? Which is strange, because real food is needed, there is still farming and hunting for it."

Clearly, Adeyemi was not used to this type of situation and didn't like it. He abruptly realized that he had been babbling and shut his mouth.

"Well, commander. Shall we go?"

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on July 17, 2017, 07:45:11 AM

[Tritter Family HQ]

"Pleased to meet you," Adeyemi said to the other man, extending a hand. He certainly didn't sound pleased. His voice was neutral and calm, but it was clear from his demeanor that he was decidedly uncomfortable.

"The good thing about the holodeck," The captain said, rapidly changing the subject and speaking so fast that it was nearly comical. " Is that we can actually simulate the kill on the deer. They wouldn't allow us to hunt an animal for sport or pleasure back on earth, would they? Which is strange, because real food is needed, there is still farming and hunting for it."

Clearly, Adeyemi was not used to this type of situation and didn't like it. He abruptly realized that he had been babbling and shut his mouth.

"Well, commander. Shall we go?"

Tritter immediately picked up on how his partner was being treated, he restrained himself from intervening for now. Ryan picked up on it as well, he knew they treated him different, Michael had told him all about how the Captain was and he was prepared for this. He oddly enjoyed making them uncomfortable, he is not the type to be scared of these type of things. Ryan kept an even keel and he spoke in a calm, confident fashion, he replied with "The pleasure is all mine"

Tritter cast a quick gaze to Ryan, as if to say "Sorry" Ryan had picked up on the que from his Husband and nodded slightly, as if encouraging him to relax. Tritter than spoke up once the Captain had finished, his tone had slightly changed, he than nodded slightly and said, "Understood Captain, let's go" He waited for the Captain to lead the way. He and Ryan proceeded to close the rifle cases, of which Tritter grabbed one off the table. He set it down for a moment to give each of the wee ones a hug before he would leave. He than rose to his feet, grabbed the case and looked towards the Captain.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Malcolm Adeyemi

[P-Ways > Holosuite]

Adeyemi left the Tritter's quarters as soon as decorum allowed. He was silent for a long while, as if the awkward moment that had passed between them had followed them, bubble-like, silencing any conversation or camaraderie that the men could have had.

The captain watched the rich tableau of Station life. He had not been posted to a base for a very long time, only starships. He saw an alien of indeterminate origin holding up a colorfully feathered bird with two hands. The bird squawked and shat on the deck. Adeyemi promptly made a mental note to have the sanitary procedures revisited. This wasn't a marketplace back in the poor section of Lagos, it was a Federation starbase.

"Do you hunt often, commander?" Adeyemi inquired, breaking the silence, as they neared the holodeck doors.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on July 17, 2017, 10:43:01 AM

[P-Ways > Holosuite]

Adeyemi left the Tritter's quarters as soon as decorum allowed. He was silent for a long while, as if the awkward moment that had passed between them had followed them, bubble-like, silencing any conversation or camaraderie that the men could have had.

The captain watched the rich tableau of Station life. He had not been posted to a base for a very long time, only starships. He saw an alien of indeterminate origin holding up a colorfully feathered bird with two hands. The bird squawked and shat on the deck. Adeyemi promptly made a mental note to have the sanitary procedures revisited. This wasn't a marketplace back in the poor section of Lagos, it was a Federation starbase.

"Do you hunt often, commander?" Adeyemi inquired, breaking the silence, as they neared the holodeck doors.

Tritter knew the silence was awkward, but it did not bother him for some strange reason. The man's focused gaze studied the areas around them, as he didn't miss a beat and he knew how the Station hummed, sometimes things would get out of hand... This wasn't a typical assignment, the Station came with it's own unique challenges.

Once the Captain spoke, Tritter shifted his focus to the other man, he replied with "Not often, I generally prefer more... tactical shooting, but I am open for the challenge" He was comfortable and open to a new challenge. He easily carried the rifle down through the various passageways.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Auzual Knox

[Knox's Quarters]

In 15 minutes Knox took a sonic shower, brushed her hair, leaving it down and moisturized her skin.

Blue was admiring her fossils, as Knox checked on her, hoping that she had not minded waiting for her.

"Sclerocephalus." She shouted.

Knox emerged wearing the blue dress she remembered wearing on Earth the day prior to leaving for Trill to be joined.

"Shall we?"

As Knox and Blue made their way to the Promenade for the Festival, Knox wondered why the Crewman was so quiet.

Perhaps still getting over the incident on Xa'zii Prime..

[Promenade]

The lights and sounds of the Festival completely overcame Knox's senses. It was so beautiful! So many races and cultures all coming together. Knox smiled at Blue.

"Ramono, I hope that you shall not be working all evening. I cannot imagine this Festival ending at 25 hundred hours.

"KNOXXX??!!! Get out of my way, humans. Ambassador KNOX?! Where are you, old man?? KNOXXX???!!!"

Knox would recognize that nasal voice anywhere. Though she could not yet see Zak. She did however see 3 security officers and 2 more on the way to surround someone.

"I think I shall need to go help my old friend. One moment, please."

Knox followed the security officers.

"Excuse me Officers, no need for... "

Knox gave Zak an amused look. She was glad to see her Ferengi friend. They had shared many an enjoyable evening together. But he appeared a lot older than she had seen him the last time. She hoped he was in good health.

"Ambassador Knox! See I told you he was here, and there you areee. Herr herr herrrrr. And who is this? I see my good old friend has not lost his chaarrrm! Herr herr herrrrrr."

Zak said rubbing his right lobe as he looked on at Blue standing with Knox. She looked to Blue asking for her assistance with the security personnel.

"It is good to see you again, Zak. Zak this is my friend, Ramona. Ramona this is my friend I told you about."

She watched and wondered about the very awkward interactions between them.

"Not as good as it is to see youuu! Remember that time on Risa? Herr herrr herrrrr. Though look at you now, old man!"

"Let us find somewhere to sit."

They sat down a little further away from the main crowds. A place with a view, Knox enjoyed people watching at the best of times. Though she could tell that Blue was somewhat uncomfortable and wanted to change this.

"Knox. How about game of Tongo this evening?"

"Of course, old friend! Blue do you know how to..."

"Wellllll, you caaarrrn't! Herr Herr. You do not have a Tongo wheel! Herr Herrr Herrrrrrr!"

Knox looked puzzled. It was Zak who had given her the gift in the first place. Perhaps his mind was now deteriorating. She was now very concerned for him.

"My good old friend, have you heaard of Finders Keepers? Though looking at your friend, perhaps you haaaveee! Herr herrr herrrrr."

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on July 17, 2017, 11:04:37 AM

Tritter knew the silence was awkward, but it did not bother him for some strange reason. The man's focused gaze studied the areas around them, as he didn't miss a beat and he knew how the Station hummed, sometimes things would get out of hand... This wasn't a typical assignment, the Station came with it's own unique challenges.

Once the Captain spoke, Tritter shifted his focus to the other man, he replied with "Not often, I generally prefer more... tactical shooting, but I am open for the challenge" He was comfortable and open to a new challenge. He easily carried the rifle down through the various passageways.

[Holosuite]

Already, Adeyemi had surmised that Lieutenant Commander Tritter was a man who shot to kill only. He could glean as much from his file and from what little operational knowledge he had had with the burly German. The captain himself wasn't nearly so hardcore. He could count the number of times he'd had to draw down on a sentient being on one hand.

That was, until, the last mission with the Xa'zii. Adeyemi winced. He had not had the time to fully explore the consequences and his feelings about having killed. It was self defense, kill or be killed. The book of Deuteronomy stated that the Lord God would help those who went to war. For Adeyemi there was no doubt in his mind: he was in the right. The Bible told him so. But it didn't mean that he didn't wonder.

"=/\=Computer, load program Adeyemi 4.=/\=" He said to the holosuite once they'd stepped foot inside.

A resplendent forest scene appeared before their eyes. Treetops mingled above their heads and their rough brown trunks marched away from them as far as the eye could see, rows of wooden soldiers on a hilly battlefield in haphazard formation. The wound of the wind through the leaves and insects competed with his own breathing. Adeyemi inhaled some of the air; it was both grassy and piney, and smelled a lot better than the canned air of the Station.

"Would you like to take point, commander?" The captain asked. The rifle was at the ready in his arms. It was hard to tell where bone, flesh and cloth ended and wood stock began. Adeyemi was in his element.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on July 17, 2017, 01:01:42 PM

[Holosuite]

Already, Adeyemi had surmised that Lieutenant Commander Tritter was a man who shot to kill only. He could glean as much from his file and from what little operational knowledge he had had with the burly German. The captain himself wasn't nearly so hardcore. He could count the number of times he'd had to draw down on a sentient being on one hand.

That was, until, the last mission with the Xa'zii. Adeyemi winced. He had not had the time to fully explore the consequences and his feelings about having killed. It was self defense, kill or be killed. The book of Deuteronomy stated that the Lord God would help those who went to war. For Adeyemi there was no doubt in his mind: he was in the right. The Bible told him so. But it didn't mean that he didn't wonder.

"=/\=Computer, load program Adeyemi 4.=/\=" He said to the holosuite once they'd stepped foot inside.

A resplendent forest scene appeared before their eyes. Treetops mingled above their heads and their rough brown trunks marched away from them as far as the eye could see, rows of wooden soldiers on a hilly battlefield in haphazard formation. The wound of the wind through the leaves and insects competed with his own breathing. Adeyemi inhaled some of the air; it was both grassy and piney, and smelled a lot better than the canned air of the Station.

"Would you like to take point, commander?" The captain asked. The rifle was at the ready in his arms. It was hard to tell where bone, flesh and cloth ended and wood stock began. Adeyemi was in his element.

Tritter noticed a demeanor change in the Captain, as if something had upset the other man, but did not pry. They had lost a bit of the confidence he had before and Tritter was quick to pick up on it.

Tritter stepped into the holosuite, it was blank at this time, once the Captain spoke, he studied the new area they had placed into. He took the rifle and carried it at a low ready. The computer had picked a unique outfit for the large German man. He was dressed in a guilley suit that was befitting their area.

Tritter's demeanor instantly changed, his senses heightened, head on a swivel, he was super comftorable in this type of situation. He had noticed the different smells, he also took time to notice the direction the wind was going, they were in a bad spot and would need to move.

Tritter than nodded slightly to the Captain's question, he would proceed to change their position to be as upwind as possible. He also walked in a strangely silent fashion, one would be suprised such a large man can do that.

He would began to lead them through the forest, he was studying the area for a good spot to park themselves, so they could begin the fun part... Waiting.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on July 17, 2017, 01:53:12 PM

Tritter noticed a demeanor change in the Captain, as if something had upset the other man, but did not pry. They had lost a bit of the confidence he had before and Tritter was quick to pick up on it.

Tritter stepped into the holosuite, it was blank at this time, once the Captain spoke, he studied the new area they had placed into. He took the rifle and carried it at a low ready. The computer had picked a unique outfit for the large German man. He was dressed in a guilley suit that was befitting their area.

Tritter's demeanor instantly changed, his senses heightened, head on a swivel, he was super comftorable in this type of situation. He had noticed the different smells, he also took time to notice the direction the wind was going, they were in a bad spot and would need to move.

Tritter than nodded slightly to the Captain's question, he would proceed to change their position to be as upwind as possible. He also walked in a strangely silent fashion, one would be suprised such a large man can do that.

He would began to lead them through the forest, he was studying the area for a good spot to park themselves, so they could begin the fun part... Waiting.

[Holosuite]

Adeyemi instinctively moved behind the larger man, matching his pace and even putting his boots where Tritter's went. It was clear that the captain was used to this, the hunt. He loved a bit of sport and this wasn't his first fish fry with stalking prey. His movements were quick but restrained, resolving to make as little noise as possible as they moved through the brush.

But this wasn't just a strip into the woods to kill something, it was meant ot be enjoyed. Adeyemi closed his eyes and felt the cold air on what little skin he was showing, and again smelled the air. It was a fine day to be outdoors. As soon as the moment of reflection was over he was back on point, following in Tritter's tracks and awaiting his orders.

Another man might be put off by his subordinate taking point, but not Adeyemi. He was honored to follow in Tritter's wake.

Naira

[Sickbay]

After watching her patient and her visitor leave, Naira rolled her chair back into her office and placed the padd and medkit she had been using back on the desk. Gripping the armrests on either side of the chair and pushing downward with all her weight, she slowly lifted herself up to a standing position. Slowly, she limped towards the door and made her way to the nearest turbolift.

A short ride and another hobble down a corridor took her to her own quarters.

[Naira's Quarters]

Naira was tired and her leg was still a bit sore. While others were out and about enjoying the festival and other such leisurely activities, Naira wanted nothing more than to get in a short nap and have a nice meal with her daughters before heading back to work. She was looking forward to sinking down into a mound of cushions and resting her eyes while listening to the sounds of Lurels giggling while trying retell a funny story from her day or answering questions Aorua or Naniid had about their homework.

However, that was not the homecoming she was greeted with.

As soon as the door slid open with a resounding swoosh, she was greeted with a pungent musky smell that made all the small hairs on her arms and the back of her neck stand on end. Lurels ran to the door to meet her.

"Good, you're back! She's not being nice today," the little girl said as she pointed her finger in the direction of the bedroom on the far side of the quarters.

Naira stepped around the small child and made her way in the direction she had pointed. She walked past the table littered with a pile of school supplies, some old books and informational texts that Naira had collected and a rather large collection of dirty dishes. Pillows and cushions normally piled neatly in the corners of the room were scattered across the floor. As she got closer to the bedroom she could hear Aorua and Naniid arguing. It looked like every drawer in the room and been pulled open and every scrap of clothing they owned had been tossed either on the floor or draped across the existing furniture.

"What's going on here?" Naira asked the girls with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"She's been acting this way all morning," Aorua said as she turned to face Naira and accuse her sister.

Naniid issued some kind of guttural growl or grunt in response to the other girl. "It's too hot in here. These clothes are itchy and those two keep making all kinds of noise today, giving me a headache." Her face was covered in sweat and her hair hung limp.

Naira knew exactly what was going on, but had not yet been prepared for it.

"Please go in the other room and play with your sister," Naira directed Aorua.

She ordered the computer to lower the temperature in the room by fifteen degrees and decrease the humidity. She dimmed the lights and asked Naniid to take a seat on the bed and she sat down next to her.

"What you are feeling is completely normal. I don't know if your mother ever took the time to explain it to you, but your body is transitioning into adulthood. You are going through a phase known as 'heat.' Your base temperature will rise, you will find that you have what feels like an abundance of energy, your body will release a greater amount of pheromones and ultimately you be driven to seek out a mate for procreation purposes. However, I can help to suppress these symptoms until you are old enough and decide for yourself when you are ready start a family of your own. What I'm going to give you won't make what you are feeling completely go away, but it should lesson it to a level that you can maintain your normal daily life."

She got up from the bed, gathered up a armful of clothing and plopped it down in a chair for the time being. She walked over to the nightstand next to her bed and opened up what looked to be the one drawer still closed. Naira dug through the drawer for a moment, then turned to face her daughter.

"You didn't you through this drawer, did you?"

"No."

Naira called out for the other two girls to come into the room. "Girls, did either of you go through this drawer? Did you touch anything that looked like medical supplies?"

They both shook their heads and she got responses of "No" and "We haven't seen any."

Naira had been sure that she had locked the drawer after last closing it. She wasn't a careless person with her possessions, least of all medications, so it was alarming not finding them where she knew they should be. She touched her comm badge knowing what she needed to do.

=/\= Doctor Naira to Security, I believe there might have been a theft in my quarters. I seem to be missing important medical supplies. =/\=

She directed Naniid to try to rest and remain calm. The other girls were ordered back into the other room and Naira slowly limped her way towards the main door so that she could greet the security officer when he or she got there.

Naira just hoped that they would be able to find the suppressants in a timely manner as she was going to need her own dose to prevent Naniid's cycle from triggering her own.

Non-Playing Character 2

[Promenade]

The formerly shuttered shop front looked plain and unassuming. That suited the clever Ferengi just fine, his clientele was gathered by word of mouth, not glittering window dressing that attracted the eye. And the attention of security. Even though his paperwork was in order, security hanging around was never good for profits. He bustled around the shop, arranging various displays of odds and ends. In one corner sat an expensively lavish tongo table. He was almost loathe to part with it, it truly was exquisite. But the profit to be made was great. The door chimed, and two chattering Bajoran girls walked in. He slid into salesman mode.

"Welcome, you lovely creatures, to "Finders Keepers!" Hopefully I've found something you absolutely can't bear to live without." He bowed and catered to The girls, while taking in their high quality clothing and adornments. Expendable incomes, he could almost taste the latinum.

"We heard from Elor- uh a friend that this shop finds lost things." The girls stood close, but were clearly interested in the items in the shop.

"I do acquire a great deal of items and everything is for sale. For a price." He smiled but it was less than reassuring. "Can I interest you in some exotic earth dyes? Or a single beauty treatment, guaranteed to make you the envy of every other female? Procured straight from Orion, so you know it's the best."

"No, we were more interested in jewelery. Lissy saw a locket today when she was checking in from the transport and that's all she can talk about." The other girl nodded vigorously.

"Say no more ladies, Cage has got exactly what you need." He strode over to the front counter, passing a Bat'leth and lirpa in a rack. Reaching into the glass case, he moved aside a pair of outdated pulse pistols and pulled out a display of glittering jewelery. Surrounded by more ornate jewels and baubles sat a locket.

"That's it! That's the one I want!" Lissy's hand shot forth to grab it, but Cage was, pulling the display out of reach.

"Not so fast, poppet. First we discuss price." His grin grew. Coming to the Starbase Columbus has been a windfall for him, especially since he procured his merchandise for a steal.

Thomas Jett

[T'Prina' Quarters]

Jett stood along the side of T'Prina's Spartan room.  He observed as the Child interacted with her.  The former Captain could not hear what she was saying, but her smiles and giggles suggested it was something that she found amusing.  Jett stood there for a second and wondered how different his life would have been if he had a child to take care of.

Jett lips cracked a small smile and he heard her laughter.  His thought was with Anna and wondered how, if they had a girl they would have named her Emily.   Jett remembered like it was yesterday that conversation.

Quote from: Thomas Jett on February 27, 2017, 06:50:45 PM

[7 Years Ago Á¢â,¬"œ Earth]
"Do you want to have kids?"  Anna smiled at Tom

"Tom, do I need to repeat myself?  Do you want to have Kids?"  Anna asked with a genuine smile.

Jett looked at his wife and smiled.  He walked up to her and gave her a warm hug.  He held her in his arms as the hug continued.  What was second felt an eternity as he felt her reciprocating the affection.
As he finished the hug, he held both arms and said softy "Yeah, I want kid...and you know what?  Our boy is going to be the luckiest boy in the world...with a hot mom like you"  As he finished the statement he gave a big smile.

Anna looked at Jett and responded softly "A Boy?...How about a girl?...and yes they would be lucky to have me as a Mother...who else can put up with your antics"  She finished her sentence with another big smile.

Jett figured as much.  He gave a small laugh as he looked at his wife again.  "We will...once I finish, this tour of duty...we have the rest of our lives"

As he walked away, he heard Anna say "What about the name Emily?  I like it..don't you? "

Tom looked at Anna incredulously "Emily?  That's the name of..."

Anna interrupted him "Yes the student that passed away...it's not your fault, you can't blame yourself for everyone, and you can't save everyone...Tom listen to me...if you want to have a family you need to start taking care of yourself no more of this stupid heroic stuff.  I NEED you alive"

Jett's memory was interrupted by T'Prina.
Quote from: T'Prina on July 16, 2017, 06:31:50 PM

"Jett, I wonder. Were you aware that your new friend, Natalia, is a Betazoid? A remarkably talented empath too, unless I am mistaken."

Jett stood silent for a second as he did not know what to make of the situation.  He wondered what did the girl say to arrive at that conclusion.  He figured he was a little emotional about his wife, but a mere observation would not that jump into the conclusion of being an empath.  Jett did make an observation that she was humanoid and had the typical betazoid brown eyes.

He observed as the little girl was humming a song at T'Prina.  She gave Jett a quick glance and giggled.

What is the signing about Jett thought

Quote from: T'Prina on July 16, 2017, 06:31:50 PM

T'Prina raised an eyebrow and gave a pointed look to Jett. That cleared things up in her mind immensely and made their next course of action clear. "I have no children myself, but I am certain your mother is very worried about you, Natalia Kurai. I believe it is in all of our best interests to head to the diplomatic suites and straighten this all out. Then we may still attend the festivities, if that is what you wish."

Jett nodded in approval as he heard the story that the girl was the daughter of some diplomat in the whatever class or grade.  Jett believed that those details were not important, but the question is if the girl knew about her mom's information and location.  Why did she withhold the information until now?  It was almost as the small girl had her own agenda.  She is probably smarter than what Jett was giving him credit for.

"Yeah, that's in the diplomatic section of the Starbase, weapons are restricted there.  Thank God, I left my pulse pistols in my quarters"  Jett said

He was used to carrying his weapon with his around all the time.  However, he was cleaning his pulse pistols today and did not finish the job all the way.  He took care of his pistols with where technically over a century old.  It was an era before they made weapons with a "stun" setting.  It only had one setting "kill" and Jett has to deal with other issues such as energy shortage.

Jett then extended his hand to Natalia and held her hand as they walked together.

[Diplomatic Section, Hallaway]

Jett held Natalia's hand as they exited the Turbolift.  The journey took approximately ten minutes and Jett filled the time talking about kid's holonovels.

"...yeah, I loved playing where in the Universe if Carmen Sandiego, I had the hardest time trying to figure out, it was a Vulcan monastery founded by Master Haadok "

Natalia answered "That's easy its P'Jem

The girl looked back and asked to T'Prina "T'Prina why aren't you married?

As she asked the question, Jett did the wisest thing he has done in a long time.  Be quiet.

From the corner of his eye he noticed a betazed female showing up.  The girl reacted by yelling "MOMMY"  and she ran towards her mother.

The Mother knelt and scolded her "Where were you?"
Jett then interrupted the conversation and said "She was with me, we kind of hung around the Promenade ma'am"

The girl said "And I made new friends this one is Tom and she is T'Prina.  Tom is going to teach me how to steal

The mother reacted "Steal huh?"

Jett reacted by looking down and said "Yeah, well"

Lennata Kurai looked at Jett and said "You are not what you seem to be. You should stop playing a  character and be true to yourself.  You did not select her, she selected you"

Jett looked confused as he failed to understand the meaning of her words.   He looked at T'Prina for guidance in this situation, he did not want to offend the diplomat but in his eyes her words made zero sense.

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on July 16, 2017, 04:16:46 PM

[ Main Engineering ]

Jenna nodded and began to move to the nearest terminal. She did do her homework and studied the layout and schematics of engineering. She did as much as she could with the resources allowed to her. She got to the terminal easy enough. She asked Molly to be nearby. She wanted the extra set of eyes for verification of what was going on.  Though she wanted to be able to multitask, but having Molly there was a blessing for that purpose.

About seven minutes passed and the level 3 diagnostics were completed on the phase inducer. When she first heard that it was not responding to input, her mind immediately began to brainstorm. Her first thought was if it had somehow gotten wet from a clumsy engineer that was replacing components."Chief I think you should come look at this. Looks like my hunch about some spilled punch wasn't right," Jenna called out to Daniel. Molly had to cover her mouth from laughing.

Main Engineering
Dan was keeping a close watch on the newest arrivals and it was safe to say they were doing their job to a what was so far a satisfactory standard. His focus was turned to another officer who needed to get a second opinion on a a isolinear chip replacement. "Yeah if you switch everything over to the seconda..." He was interrupted by Ensign McKinson who made a whitty comment about the return on the diagnostic. Attempting to stop and quickly failing to, he let out a small grin as he walked over to the terminal. His grin was quickly wiped away when he looked at the diagnostic results. "That can't be right... he muttered under his breath before in a clearer tone saying "If those results are correct, the inducer is gone. How does that even happen?"

It had been a while since Howell had been this confused. There was a sense of urgency to confirm the inducer was missing. Turning to the just as baffled ensign, Howell said "Ensign, get that insolinear chip changed as quick as you can, I need everything up and running to full efficiency." Aye Sir. the Ensign replied. His attention then turned back to Jenna and Molly - "Jenna, Molly your with me." and with that he left for Holosuite 2.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.