Ziran Trell - Reporting In (7th July 2017)

Started by Ziran Trell, July 06, 2017, 04:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziran Trell

Character Details

Character Name:
Ziran Trell

Character Age:

Character DOB:
6th March 2369 (Stardate: 46177.8 )

Character Image:

Character Species:
Bolian

Character Family:
Mother: Loxx Trell
Father: Cram Trell

Character Bio:

(Updated Biography can be found here: http://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/index.php/topic,8014.0.html)

26 year old Ziran Trell was born to Loxx (mother) and Cram (father) Trell aboard a New Orleans-class starship on the 6th March 2369 (Stardate: 46177.8 ) when the S.S. Giallo, a Bolian transport freighter on which both his parents had made a living on, suffered severe damage which subsequently forced the crew to evacuate. Fortunately, Starfleet were quick to respond to their distress call and the U.S.S. Thomas Paine arrived at the freighter's position within minutes. Despite having a scientific background, Trell's mother fully believed in the well known Bolian superstition that giving birth near a warp core will lead to an improvement of the baby's personality and character. As a result, she made the decision to have her child in the vessel's engineering room; a request that was often accepted in the Bolian society. Unfortunately, the incident occurred whilst she was giving birth. The engineering room underwent the most damage and Loxx had suffered several major injuries. She was later transported directly to the federation frigate's sickbay and successfully had her first child. However, Ziran's mother herself hadn't been very fortunate. The third degree eyelid burns she suffered during the incident permanently impaired her vision which later forced her to live with a VISOR.

Struggling with the emotional effects of the incident, the family decided to move to Vega where Ziran's father was born and raised. The colony possessed a diverse population with many different species. This proved beneficial for Ziran as it allowed him to become familiar with cultures across the Alpha and Beta Quadrants. His friends consisted of not only Bolians but Terrans, Trills, Rigellians, Andorians and he even became acquainted with several Vulcans.

Ziran's father was amongst the first of his race to attend Starfleet Academy and strived to become a conn officer aboard a starship. However, not all went according to plan. Although Starfleet accepted his application, life in the Academy proved too rigorous for Cram who decided to drop out after a mere 2 semesters. He eventually began regretting the decision and wanted his son to become a fully fledged ensign by the time he was 21. He often spent his days off flying a shuttlecraft with Ziran or going to a local holosuite to try out flight simulations. Yet as the years went by, Ziran's interests turned towards the mechanical aspects of shuttlecrafts more than the actual piloting and began concentrating his spare time on self-educating himself on how to constructing various simple machinery. After several months of research and practice, the young, enthusiastic Bolian was able to create and program his very own hovercraft with a built-in holo-imager.

Trell's peaceful life on Vega came to an abrupt end when his father was incarcerated in 2383 for multiple murders (one of his victims being his own wife). This shocked the teenage Bolian who hardly said a word for the following week. Cram Tratt, who reverted to his original last name after the incident, showed no signs planning such a horrific act whilst spending time with his family, making the occurrence extra tough for the Bolian to go through. Despite there being countless evidence his father had committed the crime, Ziran had convinced himself Cram had been framed in some way or another and was reluctant to face the truth. Ziran's parents had no co-husband or co-wife, leaving his uncle by the name of Lon Garran on Bolarus IX the closest relative. However, Garran had many problems to deal with himself and was uninterested in adopting someone. He expressed his feelings very bluntly and called Ziran a "depressed child".

Struggling to find foster parents, Ziran eventually lost all his friends and had no one left to talk to. This lead to him ultimately being sent to an orphanage at the age of 15. However, his situation did not improve as one of the children who the Bolian had been forced to live with lost his parents because of  Cram. The boy served as a constant reminder of how he was despised by countless people because of someone else's actions. Nevertheless, Ziran had not given up his interest for mechanics during this time and took various engineering courses during his school years. At the age of 18, he had decided to put his passion for it to good use by applying for Starfleet Academy. However, his father's actions proved to be an obstacle yet again and Starfleet dismissed his application entirely. Ziran had no interest in joining the Maquis or other organisations just for the sake of being part of a starship crew. After spending a few years on Bolarus IX, taking up part-time jobs here and there, Ziran was finally able to join Starfleet via the Starfleet Technical Services Academy on Mars.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience:
To be honest, the only form of role playing I've done is instant messaging role play. I've always had an interest for storytelling and writing ever since my kindergarten years so I figured this should be really fun for me!

Department Preference:
Engineering

Secondary Department Preference:
Operations

Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian:
Enlisted

Sample post:
[Type-4 Federation Shuttlecraft]

Crewman Trell sat down on one of two grey, leather chairs located inside the Type-4 Federation Shuttlecraft as it headed toward Earth Spacedock. Anxiously waiting for his first assignment to begin, he looked out the window to spot the Nova-Class U.S.S. Sunrise. It was a rather familiar sight for Trell who had spent several years travelling back and forth between different planets located in Sol.

"Is this your first assignment, crewman?" The ensign beside him asked rather enthusiastically for a Vulcan.

"Um, yes ma'am," the Bolian began hesitantly. "I've been ordered to report to Lieutenant Commander Joanna Lyman as soon as I'm on board." Trell finished his sentence just as he realised most Vulcans typically don't enjoy small talk.

"Relax! There's no need to address me by ma'am." She replied with a smile. At this point, Trell was rather confused as all the Vulcans he knew had suppressed their emotions.

"I'm a descendant of the V'tosh Ka'tur, Bolian. It was a movement created in the 22nd century by a group of Vulcans who learned to exist without excluding emotions. There aren't many people like me." Noticing Trell's confusion, the Vulcan replied laughing. However, Ziran did not respond, creating an awkward vibe inside the shuttlecraft.

"It's not often you see a Vulcan who talks more than a Bolian, is it, Mr?"

"Trell. Crewman Ziran Trell."

"Oh I see..." She stated with a sudden change of tone.

"I suppose you know me by reputation, ensign?"

"I was told to stay away from you but frankly, I don't see why. You weren't directly involved in the crimes. It's only logical to give you a chance. "

"How come you're Á¢â,¬ËœMs. Typical Vulcan' all of a sudden?"

"I'm still Vulcan, Ziran. I simply don't go about my business burying emotions."

Additional information:
None.

How did you find Shadow Fleet?
I discovered Shadow Fleet through www.toprpsites.com.

Constance Lafayette

Welcome Ziran!
Excellent application! Love how much lore you put into it!
We can definitely use you as an Engineering crewman on a ship.
Let me speak with the Captains and see which ship you'd fit best on and I'll get right back to you.

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Ziran Trell

Quote from: Constance Lafayette on July 06, 2017, 05:04:49 PM

Welcome Ziran!
Excellent application! Love how much lore you put into it!
We can definitely use you as an Engineering crewman on a ship.
Let me speak with the Captains and see which ship you'd fit best on and I'll get right back to you.

Hi Constance,

Great, I'll be looking forward to meeting everyone!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Ziran Trell

Constance Lafayette

The USS Discovery is in need of an engineering crewman. Please report to Captain Kyle Briggs on the bridge.

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.