Author Topic: Creating Faces for NPCs / NPC Idea  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Ziran Trell

• Suspended Account
  • Probationer
  • I'm back and ready to post!
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Creating Faces for NPCs / NPC Idea
« on: July 07, 2017, 07:08:00 pm »
Hey guys, do you think we should create faces for each of the non-player characters using Star Trek Online's character creator (like I've done for my avatar) so that we all have a similar idea of how they look? I thought perhaps it'll help give them more a bit more personality. Making one takes very little time but still produces a good result.

Also, I was thinking of filling the vacant flight control officer spot with a young, female Vulcan ensign who is a descendant of the V'tosh Ka'tur; Vulcans who learned to live without suppressing their emotions (more information about them can be found here: http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/V%27tosh_ka%27tur). I was thinking T'Prel might be a good name for her.

If we do decide to use the MMORPG to create the NPC's faces, I'll be more than willing to make the avatars! Unfortunately, I'm away from my house until August so I'd have to wait more than a month before I get to start though.  :(

If we use Star Trek Online, we'll end up with a result like this:

Kyle Briggs

Re: Creating Faces for NPCs / NPC Idea
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 07:42:29 pm »
Hey there. Just wanted to jump in here and answer some questions you may have with this idea.

Love the idea of having NPC characters in the positions and usually, there are at least names there. We don't typically make avatars for them as they tend to get filled by new players when they arrive. And we do have a female Vulcan, Petty Officer 3rd Class T'Vek, in Flight Control. However, if you want to come up with some character names, we can fill in the roster.

Offline Ziran Trell

• Suspended Account
  • Probationer
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 07:45:17 pm »
Hey there. Just wanted to jump in here and answer some questions you may have with this idea.

Love the idea of having NPC characters in the positions and usually, there are at least names there. We don't typically make avatars for them as they tend to get filled by new players when they arrive. And we do have a female Vulcan, Petty Officer 3rd Class T'Vek, in Flight Control. However, if you want to come up with some character names, we can fill in the roster.

Ah alright. Thanks for the information. I'll see if I can come up with a few character names and get back to you.

Offline Demlion Riverbank V

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 08:09:13 pm »
What is this Star Trek Online. Just curious. And what type of game is it

Parent character us D'Vid

Player to player: don't be shy to be mean to my Vorta

Kyle Briggs

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 08:16:36 pm »
It's a first person player game online. You create your character and start off on a ship where you end up in charge. you continue mission in order to rank up. It's free to join and play and there are options to buy more items but I've never had to. It can get addicting IMO....lol

Just Google Star Trek Online

Offline Demlion Riverbank V

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 08:32:34 pm »
I was looking on App Store and it's not sold there. So you need to purchase it by shelf

Sigh I don't have the computer and consoles. I might have suicide the windows for my Mac mini. Which I despise windows with all my heart
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 08:40:53 pm by Demlion »

Parent character us D'Vid

Player to player: don't be shy to be mean to my Vorta

Kyle Briggs

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 08:49:50 pm »
Yeah. There's not an app for as far as I know. But you don't have to buy it. It's free to download. I have it on my Xbox One and play on there.

Offline Kinley Garrison

• The Cheezit Thief
  • Command Level Officer
  • Honoured Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 09:30:03 pm »
McCullogh isn't too hard, I don't have STO, but I'll see if I can find a decent middle aged guy for him.
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Offline Ziran Trell

• Suspended Account
  • Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 07:11:16 am »

A few ideas for the vacant NPC spots:
  • Ensign Joanna Lyman (Human Female)
  • Crewman Chela (Andorian Male)
  • Petty Officer 3rd Class Goht (Bolian Male)
  • Crewman Tolak (Vulcan Male)
  • Crewman Reto (Caitian Female)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 09:39:10 am by Ziran Trell »

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles